[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is people unironically hatting on Sword Trial??? Its fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: TrialSword_img.jpg (879KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TrialSword_img.jpg
879KB, 1920x1080px
Is people unironically hatting on Sword Trial???

Its fucking Eventide Island (objectively one of the best part of the game) x Horde Mode

Start with no equipment other than your hearth and Stamina and proceed to git gud. so all your 72+ Silver Lynel farmed gear is useless
>>
I didn't see anyone complain about the sword trial itself, just a few people complaining about the master sword specifically. I think it sounds genuinely fun, but I'm still let down by how lacking this DLC is overall.
>>
>>375684764
I'm reserving judgement for the story in part 2, never had much hopes for the first batch of DLC so I actually think it's better than expected.
>>
>>375684836
it's extremely hard to flurry most lynel attacks. In fact, I'm pretty sure a couple lynel attacks are impossible to flurry.
>>
>>375684608
My only issue with it is that it is removing my guardian detector master sword.

Normally i run around with it in areas with shit tons of dead guardians and if it starts getting all glowy i know one is nearby.

It's going to kill that for me. It was a neat little mechanic.
>>
>>375684931
>it's extremely hard to flurry most lynel attacks
If you're bad at video games, yeah.
>>
>>375684608
Eventide island was enough, I don't want any more of that. It's some shitty "let's do a naked challenge, ignore all the equipment you worked hard to get, you won't be using it here" artificial difficulty, at least the Cave of Trials was so fucking fair in previous games because you had to prepare yourself and bring lots of stuff in your inventory before attempting to survive it.

This shit is just a lazy excuse to not design an actual new dungeon for it.
>>
>>375684608
Wait, am I missing something? Where is this in the game?
>>
>>375685231
Incoming DLC.
>>
>>375685131
No, you actually have to parry certain lynel attacks as it's not possible to flurry all of them.
>>
File: The Legend of Zelda (2030).gif (2MB, 1486x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Legend of Zelda (2030).gif
2MB, 1486x1080px
>>375684608

>shrine aesthetic again

I swear to fucking god if the new dungeon in DLC pack 3 has a Sheikah theme I'm gonna rage
>>
>>375684931
Bruh dodging the lynels is easy
>>
>>375684931
>It's extremely hard to flurry most Lynel attacks
Is this a god damn joke? It's essentially what made me stop playing the game because I realized how boring the combat truly is.
>>
>>375685460
So dodge the ones you can't, then flurry the ones you can. Pretty simple concept, no?
>>
>>375685171
DLC Pack 1 was never planned to have a new dungeon, also the sword trial has multiple rooms, it's more than likely going to be the case that each room scales up in difficulty as your progress (probably each enemy you kill yields you weapons for use in the next room, too).
>>375685490
Yeah, but I'm not talking about regular dodges, I'm talking about perfect dodged (for a flurry rush). Some Lynel attacks cannot be perfect-dodged, most notably the one where they pound the ground with an explosion.
>>375685521
see above.
>>375685536
no shit?
>>
>>375684608
I mean, I guess there's not really anything wrong with it per se, just the whole package is pretty underwhelming
Nice addition for first timers I guess but definitely not enough to make me want to replay the game again
>>
>>375685072
i just use the fucking photo camera
>>
>>375685626
Yeah but you dodge the un-dodgeable attacks, run in front of it and see if it will do downward slash then flurry. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>375685072
The camera still works to locate Guardians, albeit being less cool. That said it isn't that big of a loss.
>>
>>375685839
>>375685742
Or wear the Champion's tunic
>>
>>375685937
>champions tunic cannot be dyed
It pisses me off so fucking much
>>
>>375685824
sure, but that'll take you a while if it's a silver lynel or higher (since DLC Pack 1 also sounds like it'll add higher-tier enemies), so not really the best strategy. I don't know if the sword trial will have a time limit, though.
>>
>>375684608
is this playable in cemu 1.7.5 yet

it sucks to not be able to play the game with motion controls as it seems like a big part, but come on, like $450 after tax for one game
>>
>>375686023
Nigga I took down a silver Lynel at the Colesseum in less than a minute using flurry rush. It's okay, you don't have to keep defending your baby game with shit combat.

Let's not even get started on bomb spam.
>>
>>375684608
It won't breathe life into a game that's virtually devoid of end-game content

That's the whole problem with BotW. There's nothing to fucking do once you upgrade all the armor because once you upgrade the armor, you have nothing to kill it with.
>>
>>375686201
>That's the whole problem with BotW

games ending isn't a problem. the problem is that children brought up in games-as-ecosystems expect every game to be playable for thousands of hours now
>>
>>375686293
All I'm asking for is a couple mega bosses that make upgrading your armors to max meaningful
>>
>>375686201
the higher-tier enemies may help, but imo they should just add a few more enemy types (or even just 1 new enemy type, as fleshed out as lynels, that only shows up after you beat ganon or something). Although, >>375686293 brings up a good point as well.
>>375686138
bombs do like no damage, although I would like to know what weapon and status effect(s) you were using to kill a silver lynel that quickly with just flurries.
>>
>>375686293
I think what anon is saying is that for players who have already beaten the game, this DLC doesn't offer much. Its good for first-timers and people who will replay the game in a year or so.
>>
>>375685478
Having a unified aesthetic makes sense.
>>
>>375686630
you could do the sword trial, and finish off those koroks :^)
>>
>>375686406
Pretty sure it was a royal claymore with only one attack buff from Berserker helm.

If I was to get hit by it then I'd die/Mipha/fairy but everything has a predictable as fuck moveset in the game so it wasn't difficult.
>>
>>375684608
Remember when this pit of trials shit was included with the game?
>>
>>375687097
yeah, when you bought the DLC. This was true in TPHD as well if that's what you're referring to.
>>
>>375684608
Which minecraft mod is this?
>>
>>375684608
So what do you get for beating it
>>
>>375688614
"The true form of the Master Sword", whatever that means. Most likely, it means always-60-powers-glowy-sword-at-all-times
>>
>>375688781
Anyword on it breaking still?
>>
>>375688810
We don't know.
>>
>>375687490
TP always had a cave of ordeals. Wolf link in tphd only adds a second shit one. That shit really made it clear just how bad wolf link is.
>>
>>375684608
Sort of makes sense. If you're good enough to survive this then you deserve a strong weapon since you could probably kill everything without much trouble already so might as well shorten that process
>>
>>375688781
The true form of the Master Sword means you get Fi as a companion! "Master I'm 99.2% sure that your Joycons don't need to be charged for the next 37 hours"
>>
File: FUCK YOU CIVILIAN.webm (355KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU CIVILIAN.webm
355KB, 360x202px
>>375689175
Don't even joke about this.
>>
>Hard mode doesn't make the game hard nor fixes the glaring balance problems
W-Whoa... Thanks Nintendo...
>>
>>375685521
okay try beating a lynel on horseback without hugging its ass
use whatever bow or melee weapon you want

if you can beat a lynel without leaving the saddle, you should get a trophy
>>
>>375689374
just like dark souls
>>
>>375688810
>"and it will always be in its glowing powered-up state while usable."
>"while usable."
No, it still breaks
>>
>>375689374
>the glaring balance problems
you mean YOU abusing the heal mechanic?
>>
>>375689730
The game should limit the player in some way if they didn't want people to "abuse" the heal mechanic, it's shitty game design when you have to impose self made rules to make the game challenging in any way. Next you will be telling me that using armor is me abusing the game's mechanics, since it also breaks the game if you upgrade it.
>>
>>375689730
>you mean YOU abusing the heal mechanic
No. anon, it's obviously nintendos fault for making him doing it!
>>
>>375689979
>The game should limit the player in some way
so then you can cry artificial difficulty?
>>
>>375690343
???

It's called balancing, not artificial difficulty, you can't just heal yourself completely in the middle of the fight with no drawbacks to the player or else you can make every fight where the monster doesn't OHKO you a joke. Dark Souls and Monster Hunter do it right, Zelda doesn't. Saying it's artificial difficulty is like saying the double handed weapons being slow are also artificial difficulty.
>>
>>375691276
the drawback is being a scrublord, have some restraint man
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.