[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no instant travel restrictions >no weapon durability down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Zelda.jpg (445KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.jpg
445KB, 2000x1000px
>no instant travel restrictions
>no weapon durability down grade
>no healing factor limitations
>no survival aspects added

>literally adding a map tracker
>literally adding a God mode master sword
>literally adding ANOTHER fast travel mechanic

Can we agree this is the worst "hard mode" ever made for a game?
>>
There are instant travel restrictions actually
>>
>>375683058
Source? Because nothing I read said that
>>
What's worse is that this won't actually be hard mode, it will be tedium mode. I was going to replay this, but now I don't think I'll even buy this until I see what the other DLC is.
>>
I still don't get the weapon durability meme, weapons last ages in this game outside of the plateau and you get them constantly.
>>
>>375683396
That's the problem, unlike all the whiny faggots, I don't think the durability system does far enough.

Hard mode should have decreased durability for the weapons by like 20-25%
>>
>>375683396
this, and with the enemy upgrades, you will be getting stronger weapons earlier
>>
>>375683490
I wouldn't reduce the durability, that'd cause an uproar given all the whining about it as you said. I honestly just want to see some new enemy types, but it sounds like that's not happening. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to the new dungeon/story in pack 2.
>>
>>375683603
Meh, I think most people would understand, with it being hard mode and all.

But again, people are stupid
>>
>>375683002
>literally adding a map tracker
>literally adding a God mode master sword
>literally adding ANOTHER fast travel mechanic
I don't think any of these were specifically for hard mode, I wouldn't be surprised if at least 2 of them are disabled in hard mode actually.
>>
>>375683396
Is this true? I dropped this game because I found the durability mechanic cumbersome. I really don't enjoy inventory management. If I pick it back up I don't have to switch weapons every 5-6 enemies? I may give it another shot.

I didn't get far. I talked to the old lady in that village and wandered around some more getting attacked by ninjas or something. Will I start getting weapons I can actually use for a while soon?
>>
>>375683842
Define "a while."
>>
>>375683842
Absolutely keep playing, only the shit-tier weapons (basically anything made of wood, rusty weapons, and the low-tier metal weapons) has awful durability, everything else lasts far longer. I don't know how long you'll personally have to play to get some decent weapons as it may vary by where you go and what you do - I'd suggest fighting things often, including those ninja dudes (their weapon is decent to get early-game), so that the treasure chest loot scales up a bit.
>>
>>375684069
How DOES the scaling in this game works anyway? Heard all kinds of explanations but the truth seems to get farther away the more i read
>>
>>375684164
Nobody knows, it's really subtle and gradual so nobody has been able to pinpoint the cause(s).
>>
File: 1343065542571_0.jpg (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1343065542571_0.jpg
110KB, 600x600px
>>375683002
>>no survival aspects added
>wanting them in the first place
>>
>>375684392
It's based on time, amount of enemies killed and shrines completed. This has been common knowledge for some time.
>>
>>375684502
source?
This is the first I've heard of this
>>
File: 1491492417711.png (217KB, 350x364px) Image search: [Google]
1491492417711.png
217KB, 350x364px
>>375683002
The hard mode doesn't sound like it adds enough for me to replay the game.
>>
>>375684432
This.
It's really ironic to complain about durability, then ask for more tedious survival elements (and I say that as someone that doesn't mind the durability).
>>375684627
depends what those floating platform things they mentioned actually are.
>>
>>375684627
Even if it was free, it wouldn't be enough to justify replaying the game.

Zelda was really a breath of fresh air for the series, but the world is just really fucking empty. Felt like FFXV, in so far as it was about 2-3 years away from release.
>>
>>375683002
>no fast travel restrictions
kills the point of towers completely
>durability downgrade
it's already ridiculously low and broken in the default difficulty
>no healing restrictions
I agree, adding a small cooldown for meals would be decent for a hard mode
>survival aspects
what the fuck are you talking about? durability and inventory management are a pain un the ass in this game

I'm glad you're not a game designer
>>
>>375683002
The map tracker could be useful for endgame stuff. I've completed every shrine and I'm still not entirely sure I've explored every corner, so that feature would come in handy there.

The fast travel mechanic is pretty cool too to be honest. Now I can just zip straight to Satori Mountain whenever my badass ghost stag spawns.
>>
>Food is necessary to LIVE, not just for heart replenishment.
>Sitting in an entire rain cycle makes you sick.
>You MUST rest.

Hard mode could've been awesome.
>>
>>375684823
>the game is too hard already

People like you is what gives sonybros fuel.
>>
>>375685471
Well he's not entirely wrong, I thought it was mildly challenging in the beginning which is more than I can say for most Zelda games.
>>
>>375685346
I would have liked having food not be instant recovery, instead you'd have to wait a minute for food to digest. Having the ability to replenish health anywhere, anytime, as often as possible made mid-lategame way too easy.
>>
>>375685658
If anyone honestly thought this game was slightly difficult at all, they should just stop playing video games unless they're under the age of six
>>
>>375683490
Enemies having more health and decreasing weapon durability are effectively the same thing, expect doing it on the heath/damage end makes sure things like explosions and Urbosa's Fury get "turned down" for hard mode too.
>>
File: Kanna.png (765KB, 800x1200px)
Kanna.png
765KB, 800x1200px
>>375684627
Yeah, I've been contemplating this thought as well. I would have to do a challenge run on top of the hardmode to have any desire to replay it.
>>
>>375685346
I would've liked if they made stuff like weather have a bigger effect

>temperature varies more; you can take heat damage or freezing damage in hyrule field in certain conditions
>things like staying in the shade or underneath a cloud's shade can be the difference between damage and no damage
>more extreme weather; drought causes brushfires, extreme winds push you around when climbing mountains
>>
>>375684749
>Felt like FFXV
Confirmed for not playing the game, go away sonyshitshill.
>>
>Enemies don't spawn with random armor that affects their AI and damage resistances

>Bokoblins with rubber strapped to them take less electrical damage
>That bokoblin with a metal knight helmet crudely fixed to his head can't be headshotted but is more vulnerable to electricity
>When a bomb rolls into a camp, all the bokoblins clear out except for the guy with a tiny furnace repurposed as a helmet and a metal shield strapped to his chest, the designated 'bomb guy' of the camp who kicks the bomb away
>>
>>375686831

>Being this big of a douchebag.

Maybe people don't play like you do? Maybe it's an open world game.

You're such a fucking fag.
>>
>>375683002
I just looked this up and you're a goofy motherfucker.
>>
>>375684581
The strategy guide is a source.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.