[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make a high INT build on DaS 3 >get to new game+ >decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1439760111147.gif (3MB, 270x221px) Image search: [Google]
1439760111147.gif
3MB, 270x221px
>make a high INT build on DaS 3
>get to new game+
>decide to help people out with some bosses
>check the wiki for some bosses that are weak to magic
>not a single fucking one is weak to magic
>yet a third of them resist it
why is this okay
why does magic need to get so brutally fucked in every souls game
is it not enough to make it completely useless in pvp?
>>
That's what you get for playing a spec-based game where the only real path to success is jack of all trades, master of none.
>>
File: 1488042737233.gif (999KB, 296x259px) Image search: [Google]
1488042737233.gif
999KB, 296x259px
Sucks to suck I guess?
>>
>>375679745
>make level 1 character
>drop overpowered rings and twink up to get overpowered spells
>troll invasion everyone for the keks
>>
File: 1491301192294.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491301192294.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>375679745
i didn't like this either, all my characters endup as bleed rolling ninjas, i will admit i'm not good enough to excel different builds
>>
You're looking at this the wrong way, OP.

Int isn't just about doing magic type damage.

An int build can do magic type, or fire type, or dark type, or poison, or "mercury". Int build in DS3 has a lot of options.

In most cases you can completely rape any boss that's not RESISTANT to magic with just crystal soul spear over and over because the damage is just crazy good, and otherwise you have chaos bed vestiges if it resits magic.

Pestulent Mercury completely destroys Darkeater Midir
>>
>magic is "underpowered"
>if one connects, you die in one hit
>>
>>375681135
oh and also, don't underestimate Dorhy's Gnawing and Gnaw if you have the Faith for it.

Damage scales with int and it does massive damage against any boss that can have Bleed
>>
>>375681381
That's equally true of any form of attack in DS3, though. The problem is that magic is easier to dodge than a weapon and requires much more stat investment, which means typically a magic build will have less HP or Endurance than a melee build.

Also a crystal soul spear with 60 int, all 3 magic boost rings, the magic boost hat, the magic boost weapon art, with the sages staff isn't going to 1 shot kill somebody with 1300 HP with decent armor on. It will only do about the same damage as a weapon combo from a strong weapon
>>
File: 1437184998076.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1437184998076.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>375679745
magic destroys ds2 pve
>>
>>375681687
DS2 was balanced around PvP
>>
>>375679745
>tfw lightning
>like 5 enemies in the whole series are resistant to it
>most have shit lighting resist
>>
Magic was super overpowered in DS1 though.

I admittedly haven't gotten very far in the two times I've tried magic builds in DS2 though, and haven't in DS3.

I'm also super shit in figuring out hybrid builds so I just always go with Soul Arrows and it's better versions.
>>
>>375681687
>respec to caster because having trouble with a section
>that section is the lead-up to blue Smelter Demon

Fun was not allowed.
>>
>>375679745
>complaining about magic
>as a magic build
You fags are the worst to fight and ruined the PvP community, oh how I love dodging trying to get lose to you fucks only for my opponents hit to miss completely on my screen but me taking damage anyways!
>>
>>375679745
Meanwhile Faith sucks in all patched games.
>>
>>375682297
Just like in real life.
>>
>>375682229
>he doesn't have a spell parry shield as a backup

dude lmao you can just spam parry and be 100% invincible (in ds3 atleast)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.