[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a consistent, fail proof, non-cheap strategy of dealing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: lothric_knight_red_swordshield.jpg (348KB, 586x991px) Image search: [Google]
lothric_knight_red_swordshield.jpg
348KB, 586x991px
Is there a consistent, fail proof, non-cheap strategy of dealing with these guys? Like in, is there a way of correctly reading and telegraph it's movements?
>>
just hit them
>>
They have like 0 poise, even their guard is easy to break
>>
>>375678778
yes, git gud

seriously, they're easy as fuck
>>
>>375678778
>Like in, is there a way of correctly reading and telegraph it's movements?
fucking look at what theyre doing and react to it?
>>
Dodge and then attack. Forever. With every mob and boss. Until you can't play souls anymore.
>>
>>375679005
I'm pretty sure that they can poise through attacks when they hold with 2 hands.
>>
>>375678778
ignore them and move on
why are you guys so terrible?
>>
>>375678778
>non-cheap strategy
define this
>>
>>375678778
it'll differ slighty based on your weapon, but I find they're easiest with projectiles or a heavy weapon

either way, you can parry them and try to bait them into opening themselves up for a backstab
>>
>>375679058
Don't pretend that you don't tank their attacks when you are at soul lvl 144 with and spam a +15 weapon. I'm talking about legit strategy to deal with their infinite spamming attacks and breaking your guard. In DS1 you could parry these Knight types 100% of the times if you practiced enough. Here it just doesn't seems to be the case.
>>
File: 1486415660871.jpg (51KB, 394x379px) Image search: [Google]
1486415660871.jpg
51KB, 394x379px
>>375679058
>>375679051
>>375678897
Not even going to mince words, you guys fucking suck
>>
>circle right with shield on or just roll right
>backstab after he's done with a combo
not hard
>>
>>375679708
>circle right with shield on
this just triggers their stamina draining shield bash
>backstab after he's done with a combo
this is NOT consistent, since there's no way to tell when they'll continue a 2 hit combo into a 3 hit combo or cancel the 3 hit one with a thrust (which is safe to backstab then, but won't trigger every time), or a forward shield bash which he can cancel again into the combo and repeat without pause with infinite stamina
>>
File: 58723812_p13.jpg (275KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
58723812_p13.jpg
275KB, 1024x768px
>>375678778
The same as every enemy. Keep dodging until you have a large enough window to attack. Rinse and repeat. These are actually one of the easier enemies to read. Just circle and roll out of the way. Don't rush.
>>
>>375680864
>The same as every enemy.
What kind of idiotic response is this? Of course you can kill everything by hitting it with a sword in a way or another.
>>
>>375680438
There's really not much advice anyone can give you, I remember having a little trouble with these guys at the start but you just have to watch them closely and figure out the right timings for attacks
Also to avoid the shield bash don't stay right next to them as you strafe, just move out a bit, it's got terrible range
>>
>>375678778
What weapon are you using? These guy are easier than Black K***ght imo
>>
The lance and greatshield versions are way more annoying to deal with. Sword and shield is EZPZ.
>>
File: 58723812_p27.jpg (459KB, 760x600px) Image search: [Google]
58723812_p27.jpg
459KB, 760x600px
>>375681467
It sounds idiotic because it's an answer to a very over simplistic question. It's like if you asks "how do I eat?". I would tell you to chew your food and swallow.. Souls has very very simple game play. Every enemy is dodge then attack when there's an opening. If you can't understand and get good at it then I think you should try a different game.
>>
Don't use a shield, being good at rolling trivialize most fights, don't get greedy with your hits, always keep enough stamina to roll away. If you don't have a lot of endurance that's your own fault.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.