[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since Nintendo's "professional" developers don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: zeldaswitchdevelopment.jpg (63KB, 588x361px) Image search: [Google]
zeldaswitchdevelopment.jpg
63KB, 588x361px
Since Nintendo's "professional" developers don't know how to make a proper PAID Hard Mode DLC for a game like Zelda BotW, showing the world how creatively bankrupt they are, let's post our ideas.

>Slightly rewritten enemy AI in Hard Mode. Enemies have a better grasp of the physics system and will more aggressively use the environment to attack you. They'll also have better group AI pattern behaviours, using numbers to their advantage. More HP and Damage as well. Link's armor benefits reduced by 1/4. Link's damage raised by 1/4. Wooden shields only mitigate 85% of the total damage, perfect parries still mitigate 100% (this also affects shield-wearing enemies). Wooden weapons break twice as fast. Master Sword requires more hearts to be acquired, but is unbreakable.

>15 seconds cooldown after eating food / drinking potions implemented. You can drink once and eat once at the same time before activating the cooldown.

>Fast weapon / shield / bow selection screen (activated with the d-pad) no longer pauses the game, it only slows down time by 50%.

>Survival Options can be selected on a New Game file, Link has to eat, drink and sleep to survive. He can catch cold if he doesn't seek shelter from rain. Campfires don't pass time anymore, only beds. Skeleton enemies spawn faster at night, but fire (of any kind) now keeps them away from you. Wild life is more aggressive and has better AI. Materials are even harder to find. No map of any kind. From a shrine, you can fast travel to one of the unlocked sheikah towers (those are the only Fast Travel points in Survival Mode). Stables removed. Food will rotten after 3 in-game days. All Test of Strength shrines are removed to make the other shrines tougher to find. Other shrines become places of rest after completion. Price of materials tripled (you can use this to your advantage).

There, 7 minutes of ideas for you, Nintendo. What are you ideas, /v/
>>
File: rocket racer.png (301KB, 492x410px) Image search: [Google]
rocket racer.png
301KB, 492x410px
>>375678404
>>15 seconds cooldown after eating food / drinking potions implemented. You can drink once and eat once at the same time before activating the cooldown.
That's a good start. You cannot have a hard mode in a game where healing items infinitely stack and using them is as easy as pressing start and mashing A. Also, food is too easy to come by. All animals should drop 1 meat per kill and only drop size-appropriate meat instead of wolves dropping prime/gourmet shit.
>>
>Rewritten Enemy AI
This would take a lot of work, especially with the part about acknowledging the physics system.
>Unbreakable Master Sword
Now nobody gets other weapons
>15 second cool down after eating food
This one is smart
>Weapon selection menu slows game by 50%
This is however is stupid because in the situation where your weapon breaks(but if master sword is unbreakable then this menu is irrelevant) if the game is only slowed by 50% you're still gonna die.
>Survival Options
This is basically Minecraft, also if there's no map how would i know which tower is which? *food will rot* this would be so annoying. Also removing test of strengths wouldn't make other shrines tougher to find just admit you don't like those challenges, also if all prices are tripled then nothing will change.
>>
>>375679084
the wolves only drop gourmet meat when they get head shotted and they only drop one, how is this a problem?
>>
>>375679084
Agreed. It should be harder to make +2489893489 hearts food as well. The way it is now, you can literally get extremely effective food by mistake, even when ingredients don't match at all.

>>375679279

Let me try to defend those points you didn't like.

The Enemy AI part is definitely the hardest thing to implement in this, but, currently, enemies already react to stuff in the environment (for instance, if you drop a bomb, some enemies try to kick it, if you make them drop weapons, they run to find new ones, they throw stuff at you etc), so it'd just go a bit further in that regard.

Unbreakable Master Sword would be the ultimate reward for this Hard Mode run. Notice how I say it'd require more hearts to be acquired, so technically you'd only get it after you completed most shrines, which, for most players, would be endgame. I don't see anything wrong with an unbreakable (but still average in damage) weapon being a reward for late game.

The weapon selection menu slowing down instead of pausing would only make fights a bit more tense, instead of actually being something that would ruin someone's life. I don't see that being too much to handle, really.

Survival Options are just for players who want even more of this game. The best parts of BotW, to me, are the moments very early on, when you're desperately looking for materials (Eventide was great) etc. Once you reach mid-game, you have too much stuff and get on a very comfortable loop. I want to remove that comfortable zone, to add challenge.

The map would be removed from gameplay, it'd only show up in terminals at shrines, to be used for fast travel purposes (to towers, like I mentioned).

There are 20+ test of strength shrines, I think, and they're the worst content this game has to offer. Removing them would mean that players would have a harder time stumbling on shrines while roaming around, it'd make the other shrines more meaningful as a side effect, in my opinion.
>>
>>375680063
>>375679279

Also forgot to add that this is a PAID Hard Mode DLC, so of course I expect more effort than just changing a few sliders. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a few changes to the AI system, it has been done before in other games (and, sometimes, for free), by much smaller development teams.
>>
>>375678404
> :-)
>>
>:-)
>shitposting your own employees
>>
File: laughing girl from star trek.jpg (15KB, 327x324px) Image search: [Google]
laughing girl from star trek.jpg
15KB, 327x324px
>>375678404
>good luck :^)
>>
>>375680063
>Unbreakable Master Sword would be the ultimate reward for this Hard Mode run. Notice how I say it'd require more hearts to be acquired, so technically you'd only get it after you completed most shrines, which, for most players, would be endgame. I don't see anything wrong with an unbreakable (but still average in damage) weapon being a reward for late game

If you make the Master Sword a reward for most shrines it then becomes necessary instead of endgame

>There are 20+ test of strength shrines, I think, and they're the worst content this game has to offer. Removing them would mean that players would have a harder time stumbling on shrines while roaming around, it'd make the other shrines more meaningful as a side effect, in my opinion.

There's only 20 test of strength(which i enjoy) shrines, if you really wanted to make shrines special then you would get rid of the blessing shrines (which there are 31 of)

Also I would personally add more enemies like Darknuts and Iron Knuckle, Deku Babas, Redeads and Poe's with higher damage output
>>
>>375678404

players are complaining because rain makes climbing hard, I don't think survival options such as link catching cold, food rooting and etc will make a pleasant experience, this is not metal gear
>>
>>375682598
Those players don't need to play hard mode. Is anybody jumping for joy that it's just going to be inflating health and damage numbers of enemies?
>>
>>375678404
This hard mode seems like something that should just be in the game to begin with
>>
>>375682683
but it isn't, some of what OP is asking for actually is what they're doing - we just don't know to what degree so people are anticipating the worst. If you actually check the site, though, it does mention the enemy AI will be more aggressive, the master sword will have some new ability, and there's more challenges to come with DLC pack 2 (keep in mind the packs can only be bought as a bundle).
Like >>375682598 said, I feel survival features like OP suggested sound like a terrible idea and would only make the game more tedious, not more challenging - the best way to add challenge would be to add entirely new enemy types into the game, meaning players would have to learn to counter a new set of moves. Sadly, this doesn't appear to be happening, but a man can dream.
>>
>>375682683

what amazes me is that anyone seriously expected more from Nintendo after all the content already in the game, it's the most challenging Zelda game to date already but you want to make it a dark souls/metal gear deluxe
>>
>>375682965
some of it is; enemies already take advantage of the physics (throwing rocks, pushing boulders, throwing explosive barrels, throwing trees [hinoxes], and even throwing other enemies sometimes), I'm not really sure how that could be expanded upon from what already exists. Skeleton enemies also spawn more frequently later in the game, especially stronger variants (e.g. Stalmoblin instead of Stalbokoblin), and you can turn off the minimap at any time.

I'm really not keen on OP's suggestions for survival elements and limits on where you can rest, etc., it'd be really annoying and wouldn't add any challenge to the game whatsoever imo.
>>
>>375683056
>it's the most challenging Zelda game to date
Does the NES not exist now?
>>
File: zelda-dlc-header-1000x563.png (618KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
zelda-dlc-header-1000x563.png
618KB, 1000x563px
>>375678404
>Wanting a $40 dlc where the first part would come out around Christmas time
Your shitposting level just decreased, buddy. I honestly don't know why you're complaining in the first place, I mean they could have VERY EASILY charged $15-$20 for this dlc alone given all the material they're adding. I mean, I pic related aren't enemies utilising the mechanics, then idk what is
>>
>>375683427
to be fair, people forget Zelda 2 exists since it's such an unusual outlier in the series
>>
>>375683427

you remember NES Zelda games being hard because their difficulty involved hardware limitations, go and play them again and they are easy, tedious by design, but easy
>>
The entire game needs to be fixed and revamped. The game is an incomplete mess and it feels more like Garry's mod of zelda.
>>
>>375683704
I recently replayed Zelda 1 and 2 in preparation for BotW and can say I did not grow up with them.
You are absolutely delusional if you think hearty cooking simulator is harder than these games, or that their difficulty was the fault of "hardware limitations"
>>
File: Trial_of_a_Sword_4-590x332.jpg (19KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
Trial_of_a_Sword_4-590x332.jpg
19KB, 590x332px
>>375678404
>The Trial of the Sword is going to challenge players like never before. When you enter the location where the challenge takes place, Link will be stripped of all his armour and weapons and start with nothing. In each room, you must defeat all the enemies in order to proceed to the next room and with 45 challenging rooms to conquer its going to test the metal of the truest Zelda series fan. But what is the reward of this, if you complete the challenge, Link will unlock the true state of the Master Sword, which glows, no matter how many hearts you have.

I hope the true Master Sword reveals a new ending
>>
>>375683875

I also played them about 1 year ago and they were easy, tedious but easy, tell me something you found hard about them, they don't having a map? it was because hardware limitations
>>
File: 1491390950504.gif (539KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1491390950504.gif
539KB, 500x282px
>>375678404
>:-)
fucking hell nintendo
>>
File: 1979.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1979.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>375678404
>>
>>375684309
You're a baiting faggot that probably didn't even play them.
>>
>>375684602

don't avoid the question and tell what do you find hard about them
>>
>>375684795
What do you find hard about BotW
I wouldn't neccesarily call Zelda 1 hard but it's leagues above BotW. The same cushion for failure in practically infinite consumables just doesn't exist. Ez mode parries and dodges with fuck huge activation windows that may as well be handed to the player for free don't exist in Zelda 1.

Zelda 2 is infamous for being a ball busting game, due to gross punishment for failure and the game places a high demand on the player to be precise and accurate in combat.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.