[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else's Switch have this non-flush looking frame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Does anyone else's Switch have this non-flush looking frame that attaches to the volume buttons and make it look like the battery is swelling? Should I call Nintendo?
>>
>>375675458
It's a feature, not a defect, just like dead pixels.
>>
>>375675458
That's a ballooning battery it lookks like, I'd send it in, they'll replace it and I think they might give you 1-2 Switch or that that snip puzzle game free for the inconvience.
>>
>>375675458
I have the same thing wrong and I created a repair order like three weeks ago but I've been putting off sending it in. I thought the order would expire but apparently it lasts for up to 100 days.

I have to say, although my Switch is defective, Nintendo has the best customer service I've ever dealt with.
>>
File: 8FIgaOd.jpg (189KB, 1024x1249px) Image search: [Google]
8FIgaOd.jpg
189KB, 1024x1249px
>>375675676
>they might give you 1-2 Switch
Do I have to?
>>
>>375675797
I can't send it in though, I live in Brazil and it was imported. It's driving my OCD crazy man, I need my consoles to be far more symetrical.
>>
>>375676187

You should be more worried about it exploding and destroying your hands than it being symmetrical.
>>
>>375676108
It's non-negotiable. You will play 1-2 Switch and YOU BETTER LIKE IT.
>>
Not shitposting when I say I'm worried about this happening

I'd like to get a Switch right now but since the first games I haven't played with that I'm interested in are Odyssey and Xeno 2, I think I should resist buying one until then as they ought to fix things like this by then

If I get one now it'll probably get affected by this eventually and then my warranty will be that much shorter when I actually start using it
>>
>>375675797
Did they mail you a box with paid postage to send it in?
>>
>>375675458
They're all like this. The backplate is not flat. It gets slightly thicker toward the middle and more on the top where the heat sink is. The sides have a very subtle curve to make the unit thinner so the joycons are flush. This is why when those pics of the bent switch emerged everybody put a straight edge to theirs and freaked out
>>
I wonder why no one is reporting on how many switches are being replaced.

Like why can't Nintendo deal with criticism like everyone else does? Why is it just "zelda outsells switch" and "mario kart best selling game on amazon in the united states"?

Where are the "30% launch unit failure rate after 2 months" headlines. wheres the "zelda wasn't good" reviews?

like holy fucking shit get a grip and face reality.
>>
>>375675797
>>375676574
OP here. Should I really worry about this as an issue though? I did create this thread, but I've been playing on my Switch with no issues for two months now. Maybe it's just my OCD speaking?
>>
My Switch isn't perfectly straight either. Don't give a fuck. I'll turn it in when the buttons stop working.
>>
>>375676892
We live in the nerd culture generation. Most people that buy the Switch play for a few hours and than run to social media to blog about how great it is to own a Switch.
>>
>>375676871
the front bent on all the warping switches lol
>>
>>375676187
Stop living in the 3rd world
>>
>>375676871
This. Mine hasn't been flat even from day 1.
>>
>>375676892
>Where are the "30% launch unit failure rate after 2 months" headlines. wheres the "zelda wasn't good" reviews?

maybe.... you dont see it.... because its.... not true?

neurons = firing
>>
>>375677342
Yes it did. But when everybody went to see if they had a bent switch they freaked out because the backplate isn't flat. The front should absolutely be flat but no switch has a flat back because the back isn't perfectly flat. The sides nearest the joycons are narrower than the middle
>>
>>375677646
>the sides nearest the joycons are narrower than the middle
Mine does feel like it's narrower on the right side, but not on the left. I can feel the misleveling if I run my fingers from the left joycon onto the Switch. wat do then?
>>
>>375677646
...so how does this make the front warping fine
>>
File: jbaqm2ou3sjy.jpg (891KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
jbaqm2ou3sjy.jpg
891KB, 4032x3024px
>>375678070
Just found my own solution
>>
>>375678547

>It's a feature
>>
>>375678460
There's only been 1 single picture of a unit with warping in front. Guess what? They're bent because they were shipped that way, not because it got warped by heat. There's an astronomically low chance of getting an actually bent unit, and you can RMA it for free and get a new unit back in less than a week.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.