[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm mad cause I'm bad I've never played a platinum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: nier-automata-pc.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nier-automata-pc.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
I'm mad cause I'm bad

I've never played a platinum game before, but I did play the first Nier. I just picked this up, playing on Hard, and I can't get past the tutorial. It's driving me crazy. I get a liitle bit further each time, but it feels like one screw up kills me and it send you -all the way back- to the start

Am I missing something? Can you not skip the shump segment at the beginning? I mean geez. And I'm too stubborn to lower the difficulty

It is already giving me a lot of the same vibes the first game did though, so that's good
>>
>>375671883
play the tutorial on normal, then switch the difficulty to hard once you unlock saving
there are no bonuses or achievements that you miss out on by changing the difficulty
>>
It's not worth finishing the tutorial on hard. Play through on normal and switch after you save. It's a very long way to the first checkpoint with very limited heals.
>>
Yah the tutorial on Hard is much harder than anything in the rest of the game, don't worry about it.
>>
OP there is nothing wrong with playing on Normal difficulty. Do it for a bit and select Hard once you feel confortable with the gameplay.
>>
File: 1493259285073.jpg (33KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493259285073.jpg
33KB, 512x512px
>tfw both a platinum and nier fan
>>
File: terrible.png (29KB, 530x481px) Image search: [Google]
terrible.png
29KB, 530x481px
>>375671883
You got memed. It's absolutely fucking terrible game design. You can do the tutorial in normal then set the game to hard.
But honestly, don't bother. The intro the is only interesting bit of the game.
>>
>>375672939
>judging a 30 hour game from less than 3 hours of gameplay

Wow, you are truly retarded.
>>
>>375673235
He's a shitposter what do you expect? He probably bought the game solely to spam this picture in nier threads.
>>
>>375673235
>it gets good 40 hours in!
Sure, buddy.
>>
>>375673615
You barely even finished the tutorial.
>>
>>375672939

Did you like Metal Gear Rising? If not then I'm pretty sure I'd like Automata
>>
>>375672939
Oh no, a random guy on 4chan refunded the game that entertained me for over 40 hours.
That means it's shit right?
>>
>>375673615
It does though, around midway through to the ending its a rollercoaster of emotions.

One of those rare games that hit you straight in the gut and keeps you speechless after the credits have rolled by.
>>
Op, the tutorial is really hard on hard, just go back to normal. I recommend switching to hard when you get overpowered on side quests.
>>
>>375674196
I'm too cool to feel emotion over a fucking video game.
>>
>>375674410
Ok, go watch a romcom then cuckboy.
>>
>>375671883
Just play the tutorial on normal, it's unironically the hardest part of the game. Just switch to hard once you get the ability to save
>>
Finish tutorial on Normal, no shame in it. I say this having gone back and cleared the beginning on Very Hard. There are no achievements or rewards tied to any difficulty. It's purely how much you want to try.
After the tutorial you'll have the means to take on enemies at your own pace, buy more items, and use upgrades. Hard is more fair then.

Also, once you get the the smelting area with all the molten ore, you can run past most enemies. Might save you frustration if you get towards the end.

And you can revisit that area later too. Don't bother getting every single item on each attempt if it's a chore.
>>
>>375671883
Heres how to play nier:

Mash buttons randomly until you see a robot making an obvious tell. When this happens, you press dodge and then continue mashing. Eventually you get to the point where instead of dodging you need to play an asteroids minigame.
>>
>>375674563
You literally admitted to being speechless over a story in a game. YOU need to go watch a romcom you faggot.
>>375674196
>It does though, around midway through to the ending its a rollercoaster of emotions
See above. I couldn't give a fuck, the gameplay was fucking dull.
>>
>>375674957
the mini game is fun as fuck though

>>375674960
stop trying to be edgy, everybody has emotions and good stories do that. The gameplay is actually very good, its a plat game after all.
>>
>>375675543
>The gameplay is actually very good, its a plat game after all.
It's literally weeb trash. Extreme animations with absolutely zero redeeming or rewarding gameplay.
>>
>>375675789
k
>>
>>375671883
>Playing shovelware games from platinum memes.

Uninstall and move on.
>>
>>375675823
It isn't?
>>
File: Enable- Secondary.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Enable- Secondary.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>375675789
In your opinion name a game with redeeming and rewarding combat so we have a frame of reference.
>>
>>375675789
If you watched dragonball z or other anime as a kid, platinum action games are dreams come true.

But youre from the UK so you wouldnt know that pleasure. Stick to fifa I guess.
>>
dlc is out in japan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Jp4lxUtgc
>>
File: auto.jpg (385KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
auto.jpg
385KB, 2560x1440px
OP here

wish me luck. I really, really don't want to go through all that again
>>
File: well.jpg (167KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
167KB, 2560x1440px
>>375677852

I think I'm done for the day
>>
>>375671883
> And I'm too stubborn to lower the difficulty

The Problem is [You]
>>
>>375674957
how is that different from bayonetta? Just mash PPKP and PKP
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.