[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>literally worst random encounter rate I've ever seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

>literally worst random encounter rate I've ever seen
>Worst dungeons, and it's making me repeat one
>no story
>Mantra system is way more grindier than Nocturne ever was

Think I'm regretting starting this, I have no idea why I should care about any of these characters, or the tribal conflict, they don't build the world very well at all.

The combat system is okay I guess, less of these 'Reinforcement' slogs though please, it's boring as fuck.

Is DDS2 an improvement at all?
>>
>>375669919
>don't like game at all
>instead of stopping, complain about it
>will complete the game

this is why people dont respect people who play jrpgs, you are so focused on having somtehing that fits into your narrow taste that i know you will finish it even though its trash
>>
>>375669919
>DDS
>No story
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>375670061

Are you sure I will carry on? I'm only giving it a chance and it's squandering it.
>>
>>375670482

Game drops us into the middle of a battle, no idea who everyone is, why we're at conflict, why should I have felt sorry for Argilla and Jinana when the latter was beat the fuck up and we had to kill her? Why should I give a fuck about reaching Nirvana?
>>
All bosses consist of fighting them, dying then coming back with the right Void spell.
>>
File: DDS2MantraGrid.jpg (387KB, 1696x1463px) Image search: [Google]
DDS2MantraGrid.jpg
387KB, 1696x1463px
>>375669919
>Is DDS2 an improvement at all?

it changes the Mantra Grid system.

it's now a giant hexagon thingy. Also, there are nodes where if all sides are unlocked by any combination of characters, the entire party gets stat ups
>>
>>375669919
>>literally worst random encounter rate I've ever seen
lmao how many jrpgs have you played?
>>
>>375672369
You just describe every SMT bosses, except instead of coming back with the right Void spell, you come back with the right demons
>>
>>375672554

So far DDS feels more restrictive than Nocturne, because abilities are gated behind Atma grinding whereas Nocturne you could play with Demon Fusion.
>>
>>375672708
there are skills that boost Atma grinding
>>
>>375669919
i've never played SMT before
should I start with Strange Journey, Nocturne or P3FES?
>>
>>375673369
Nocturne I'd say, then continue onto IV or I-II
>>
Press Turn or One More?
>>
So what do you miss out on by not carrying a DDS1 save over to DDS2?
>>
>>375673681
Press Turn feels faster overall, and is more punishing both for you and enemies

IV:A's mechanics are godlike, if only the cast, the dungeons and the atmosphere holds up to the rest
>>
>>375673795
all you miss out on are:
free stat ups (+5 to all stats to a character if that character mastered their grid)
the ability to get Heat back
a kickass fire skill for Gale
a kickass hama skill for Argrila
rings for beating certain bosses (even "him")
>>
>>375673795
extra skills
make a former team mate rejoin
items
>>
>>375674014
>>375673939

But...that comrade sucked in DDS1, why'd you want him back? Also he's a complete dickhead.

>>375673879

I prefer One More if it's P3's version, which was slightly more punishing where being knocked down was actually relevant and you couldn't abuse Ma- spells.

Press Turn feels like such bullshit sometimes.
>>
>>375669919
I dont remember the encounter rate being especially bad, I doubt it is anything like the 3 steps then battle shit that was going on in SMT1
>>
>>375670698
>Game drops us into the middle of a battle, no idea who everyone is, why we're at conflict,
Keep playing. Those are plot points.
>>
So does Doomguy in SJ actually not have magic and only can do elemental damage with his gun? What kind of changes do we KNOW they're making to the remake and should I heckin wait or what dudes?
>>
>>375670698
It's almost as if it's a fleshed out world that doesn't start existing because you turned on the game
Not every game needs to hold your hand and give you a tour of everything you fucking mong
>>
>>375670698
That's literally it, they know as much as you about the why they were having tribal wars, upon awakening to emotions they begin wondering what the hell is going on and how the hell did everything become the way it was.
>>
>>375670061
>why formulate an opinion when you can just call it shit and move on
>>
>>375675157
He's an item dispenser, someone post that comic of him being a vending machine.
>>
>>375669919
It's a good game.

IF you don't like it then stop playing it, but you will forever be a faggot with no taste.

Nobody fucking cares.

/thread
>>
>>375675572
I still don't understand what that's supposed to mean exactly, I suppose I'd have to play to understand. What exactly is the meaning behind that?
>>
>>375675636

Shit taste is preferring Nocturne to DDS?
>>
>>375676030
Most of the time his stat growth is fucked (yeah stats growth is automated) so he's very useless compared to the demons, aside from having access to items

If you luck out and has a good stat growth on him he can deal a lot of damage
>>
>>375676030
near the end all he really does in battle is spam items since the demons way outclass him
>>
>>375676249
Sounds like it could still be pretty good. I'm finishing 4A after 4 and then I'm going to do DeSu Overclocked since I already have it downloaded, do you reckon I oughta download Soul Hackers next or go ahead and get a phys copy of Strange Journey? I don't think you can even download DS games anyway unless there was something like a digital shop on the DSi or something. Or should I wait until people see what the deal with the remake is?
>>
>>375669919
Stick to to your waifu shitfest of a dating sim
>>
I want to fuck Sera.
>>
>>375676447

Some Silver Surfer level projecting going on right there
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.