[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk Demon's Souls. I realized yesterday I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 123

File: maxresdefault.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
Let's talk Demon's Souls.

I realized yesterday I have never fully explored that swamp that is at the bottom of the Tower of Latria.

People have made videos with dark places in Dark Souls all lit up, someone should make one from Demon's Souls.
>>
okay, you want to talk about Demon's souls? Here's my thoughts:
Never has a game made me feel as lonely as this one did. People describe Dark Souls as being a community endeavor, from summoning to sharing information online and lore analysis and such. Demon's Souls is just like that, minus the community. While DaS is an endless stream of data, content, memes and all the information you could want, DeS is a half baked wiki and short gameFAQs threads from 2010. The community is extremely sparse and fractured, and I think this gave DeS an unparalleled atmosphere of discovery.
>>
>>375668984
Maybe there was also less to discover. It wasn't as blatant as Dark Souls but after my first playthrough shortly after it launched, I still had to find out about a lot of stuff from the Demon's wiki.
>>
>>375668984

naw I played the game on release. World was full of real og niggas. U just a bitch ass underage nigga punk
>>
>>375669940
This, and also the little things, like being able to read up on the stats of a certain weapon upgraded down a certain path. If you wanted to know that, then you'd have to play the game. Furthermore, like half of the npcs are hidden behind the obtuse tendency systems, so you weren't even able to build a community with them in most blind playthroughs, contrasting, say, majula in DaS2
>>
>>375670474
I think the only one of these I always cared about was Miralda or whoever for that axe.
>>
>>375670838
Executioner
>>
>>375668984
Sorry newfag, but when DeS came out it was all /v/ would talk about. There were a million threads a day. Just because you're late to the party doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>375673092
A million threads a day about Demon's Souls? Made up.
>>
I can't replay DeS because the thought of managing world/character tendencies and making sure I don't miss anything gives me fucking anxiety.
>>
>>375673215
Jesus how young are you?
>>
>>375673092
well excuuuse me. I wouldn't have had it any other way though.
>>
File: False King 2 (Demon's Souls).jpg (104KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
False King 2 (Demon's Souls).jpg
104KB, 600x600px
>>375673215
It was the only game for the PS3, which naturally got a lot of attention, and it was also really good. A lot of the Dark Souls craze and hype is actually just a continuation of the Demon's Souls craze and hype. DeS was extremely popular and frequently discussed here.
>>
File: 1327203407285.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1327203407285.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>375668984
I disagree.
I played DeS for the first time ago and I would see a constantly see other players and player messages. I'm playing DaS1 right now and I don't see as many other players or messages as I did in DeS (maybe it's just because DaS is a bigger world so the community is just spread out)
>>
File: gigganigga.jpg (147KB, 680x1224px) Image search: [Google]
gigganigga.jpg
147KB, 680x1224px
>>375670032
Says the guy who talks like a super nigger.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hlEShsDl3U

>we will never explore it
>>
>>375668493
i accidentally fell into that swamp and lived
i explored it and iirc there was something good, but not that good. you should check it if you are playing it right now.
>>
>>375674694
On PC you can man
>>
>>375675601
I went around once but ages ago. Just want to see what it would look like all lit up.
>>
>>375674694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uif8NLk0WiM
>>
>>375673215
Even /a/ wouldn't shut up about demon's souls back when I played it.
I remember mods taking down threads about it pretty often, people just justified it by saying "it's practically a berserk game".

Fuck now I'm nostalgic.
>>
>>375668493
Or we can just go down there together instead, or are you afraid? I'll protect you, anon!
>>
Still haven't met Mephistopheles after all these years.
I'm glad to see there's still a decent amount of messages and ghosts running around but I don't think DeS ghosts are real time.
So is every level in Boletaria or are you teleporting across the world?
>>
File: 1314137110722.jpg (816KB, 750x3216px) Image search: [Google]
1314137110722.jpg
816KB, 750x3216px
>>375677230
Only World 1 is Boletaria. Why would you ever think otherwise?
>>
>>375677230
archstones one and two are Boletaria for sure, archstone 5 probably is too. Archstone 3 is a different kingdom, Latria. Archstone 4 is unencorporated into any kingdoms, but maybe was once claimed by Boletaria when it was still a functioning kingdom.
>>
File: 1492191418823.jpg (202KB, 817x978px) Image search: [Google]
1492191418823.jpg
202KB, 817x978px
>>375677343
I forget.
I think someone in the Nexus asked why I came to Boletaria so I assumed everything was in a single huge country. The monumental did say half the world was erased.
>>
The tutorial level in Demon's is so weird. It looks like aztec ruins or something.
>>
>>375677962
I always wonder where it is. It's so mysterious.
>>
>>375677230
Boletaria might be both the name of the landmass and the name of Allant's kingdom. Considering that Latria isn't a principality, Boletaria might double as the landmass' name.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqjftgJznZ0

Nothing like these "lit up" videos exists for Demon's right?
>>
>>375678174
My headcannon is that it's somewhere within shrine of storms, since the vanguard shows up there and I don't see how he could have crossed the oceans
>>
I do think remember the Latria swamp being that big or having much to explore
>>
>>375668984
>he wasn't here for the golden age of the souls community before PCbros shat it up

I feel bad for you
>>
>>375677962
>>375678174
I really like the place too. Never skip the tutorial with a new character and always savor the place.

I think it might be close to the southern edge of Boletaria where the fog's expanding, as the buildings are somewhat reminiscent of the official art of the kingdom of Boletaria. The Colorless Fog might have only recently reached the place too, as some of the buildings still looks rather pristine.

I think the fortress has a "tower within a tower" thing going on. The outer "wall" is seen from the early sections then you warp to the top and can see open sky above you. The Vanguard is in the highest room of the inner tower.
>>
>>375678516
Fucking autocorrect, I meant I don't remember
>>
>>375678520
ugh okay stop roasting me
>>
>>375678421
>>375678174
I always assumed that it was some kind of military outpost, probably on the southern edge of Boletaria. It's possible it could be near SoS, but I'm pretty sure it's actually not the same place. I'm almost positive that it's a fortress built into a natural border on the edge of the kingdom though, since it's right on the edge of a lake and there's mountains surrounding it.
>>
>>375679057
Oh, that makes sense. It's been a few years, and I just got the game back from a friend yesterday, so I think I'll experience it again tomorrow.
>>
>>375668493
it aint no good boy
>>
I don't remember. Is the singing lady the Queen of Latria or was she some random royal? Damn I need more lore behind every area.
>>
>>375678174
>>375678804
>that one beachy area beside the water

Damn......
>>
>>375679329
She was just some noble I think.
>>
File: monks-collar-screenshot.jpg (40KB, 300x651px) Image search: [Google]
monks-collar-screenshot.jpg
40KB, 300x651px
Reminder this is by far the best version of this meme hat.
>>
>>375679329
She was queen, her husband was the Old Monk. Latria went to hell when his experiments got out of hand and he went mad, leaving his wife to try to create souls I think.
>>
>>375677343
umm..
the entire game is in the fog that encompasses Boletaria; thats right in the Opening cutscene.
>>
>>375679329
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/once-royal-mistress
>>
>>375679732
>The Queen banished her depraved old husband from the land.
>He returned in strange golden garb with foul Demons in tow.
>They pillaged great Latria, land of the learned, and locked us in this dungeon.
Sounds like she's not the queen then, unless she's referring to herself in the third person.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcu34pRbLDk

Is this undead parish from dark souls
>>
>>375679819
Unless she's "hollowing" and forgetting who she was. She does say she needs souls to stay sane.
>>
Last summer I bought a $60 PS3 just to play this game. Totally worth it. Only played through it once but I've been on a Souls kick lately and been getting an itch for some more Demon's Souls.

Last time I went through the whole game with a broadsword and morningstar. What should I roll with next time?
>>
>>375679827
It's crazy how much detail is put into that background. I wish we could have explored all of it properly though.
>>
>>375679509
G O L D E N T O R N A D O
>>
>>375680209
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjmTL39l9fM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbaA6_84gyY
Truly
>>
>>375679827
Looks exactly like the towns you can see from firelink shrine. Then up close it looks like King's Field.
>>
>>375679329
>>375679531
She was just a royal, not the queen of Latria. The queen was most likely dead.
>>
>>375680527
DEEPEST
But really, has anyone ITT played King's Field? Is it worth emulating?
>>
>>375680849
It is first person melee combat thus it is rather boring to play.
>>
>>375678520
>making it about PC all of a sudden

Well stay mad then console cucko
>>
>>375680849
I tried to play the original PS1 version (or at least the first one to get an english release, which I think was actually the second one released in Japan) and it's kind of ass. I can appreciate what they were going for, but those first-person PS1 controls just didn't work out.
>>
>>375681137
I'm a PC/nintendo/sony idort, the community seriously took a dive after PtD
>>
>>375680849
Currently trying to chug through King's Field 2. It's hard but being able to save scum makes life easier since dying means a littke bit of load times.
>>
>>375668984
DeS had a huge community before DaS. The entire game was community driven and the idea of phantoms was so new everyone wanted to interact with them. DeS knew that and made it so some areas were extra hard to co-op in or invade. The entire game was built around online play.
>>
>>375668493

Latria is one of the greatest levels in all of video games.

Goddamn the first time there was chilling. That's how an adventure should feel.
>>
>>375673092

This gentleman is correct.

Demon's Souls at it's peak never had the community of Dark Souls at it's peak, but that's because Demon's was only available on a single platform and had zero advertising in the United States.

>>375668984
The feeling of loneliness is intentional though, that's the spirit of the game. You still got invaded about once per level, and you could usually find a summon sign outside the boss door or right at the start, but the game, the levels, the music, the NPC dialogue is supposed to fill the player with crushing, oppresive, loneliness.
>>
>>375680849
Honestly, I love it. That said, I'm willing to admit that I am in a minority. I think it takes a certain mindset, it is not a very quick series but I appreciate the atmosphere that it tries to create. In some ways I would compare it to HeXen, there are other games similar to it that are more fun but it handles a sub-niche of it's genre pretty well
>>
>>375674694

Looks like it would be too similar to Boletaria, I can see why it was cut.

Though the animal themed enemies was a cool idea, and would have been unique to the game, like each level's enemies.
>>
>>375675601

There is no way you fell in level 3-2 and lived. I call bullshit. The height on that level is ridiculous. Even from the lowest point of the upper level you would have been killed.
>>
>>375680849
I can't play without knowing what the fuck I'm doing or the goal. I keep restarting the japanese KF1 trying to find out what's going on in the beginning. The design seems really silly. Everything's just sloppily thrown together. There's rooms with beds, random invisible doors, a hidden skeleton, a hallway of arrows, etc.
At no point did I know who I was, where I was, or who/what I was looking for. I lose motivation really quick in these conditions.
>>
>>375682083
All the enemies look like they'd be perfect for some kind of snowy mountain pass, with thick pine trees and the burned out ruins of farmhouses and peasant shacks. Now I'm realizing that the whole series never really touched on a setting like this, and it's making me sad.
>>
>>375678516

It's very large but there are only really three types of enemies down there (Man-centipede Jr, Man-Centipede and one Corpse Ball), so it's not incredibly interesting. I always manage to get lost down there so now I use the augites of guidance to mark out where the ramps are and which paths to take while on the boardwalks.

There is some decent treasure down there though, the MP Regen ring, some good stones and the Primeval Demon for World 3. Was a great place to get invaded in, super creepy.
>>
>>375681607
I took two steps out of that cell and left immediately after hearing the sounds. God damn that first play through was magical.
>>
>>375682389
Here, have the translated manual

https://imgur.com/a/lBqor#NLD4g5G
>>
>>375674694
I'm just sad they never reused the enemies besides Snake dudes. The Owl enemies made me uncomfortable.
>>
There will never be another Demon's Souls type of game: a fresh air of something obscure, something that will justify the purchasing of the console, something with such peculiar, memorable, weird as fuck atmosphere of condemned, forbidden, surreal world, something so out of this world that you have to import it from Japan like the rose from Beauty and the Beast, something that will unite /v/, something that will define generation in a special way.

Fucking hold me, bros. Bloodborne is fantastic, sure, but it totally lacks the unchartedness of DeS.
>>
>>375673092
Don't even bother. None of these faggots were on /v/ in 2010.
Seven fucking years ago.
>>
>>375674356
Rolling to banish it.
>>
>>375679509

>have a save where I can't hold anymore of these

Man, those were the days.
>>
>>375679329

She was the mistress of one of the nobles, possibly the Old Monk himself.

So she wasn't the Queen, she was fucking maybe the Queen's man.

The Queen was gone, the Old Monk took her away because she didn't like all this Demon shit. The people of Latria were told that the Queen was "up above", where that creepy fucking heart thing was, and whatever cult shit they were doing. And they were told that they too could go above. The people of Latria seem to love the queen, the Fool's Idol was her image.

Latria is the coolest level, all the religious sub text stuff is so creepy. Like the big idol that shoots arrows, set up right below the church to keep people from going there, when clearly they kept trying. There are piles of bodies and blood leading up to it. The people are all losing their minds because of the fog but still trying to worship, in hopes that will save them. And it's all a front for whatever creepy shit is going on with that giant heart thing.

The King of Latria went nuts after contact with the Deep Fog and was trying to summon some eldricht horror.
>>
>>375673325
It came out literally over 8 years ago. We aren't young, you're just old.
>>
File: 1487283286011.png (241KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1487283286011.png
241KB, 800x700px
What I loved about DeS was that not much of the story or enemies was "explained".

There is very little information for each boss and looking at the wiki will not really help you find all that much stuff. It's pretty satisfying considering every game pretty much has a whole page of info on each boss and whatnot, gives more room for imagination.

And the entirety of Latria was fucking bomb. 10/10 atmosphere
>>
Demon's Souls 2 is coming soon along with a Demon Souls remaster, according to my sources.

After the success of Dark Souls, From essentially went into a deal with Bamco to produce two more games. Until DaS came out From was still fairly unknown so they went with their new cash cow. Sony approached From about producing a new game in the same vein, hence Bloodborne. The trilogy stipulation is why you see a fair amount of content reuse in Dark Souls 3.

Now that Dark Souls has officially ended they've signed back on with Sony. We'll be seeing DeS2 and DeS Remastered at E3 this year.
>>
>>375679969
Play a polearm run through! Or go for the Dragon Bone Smasher and enjoy the best weapon in the series' history!

Or be a wizard! The magic in the game has a great feel. I always love playing as a classic D&D cleric too, or a Luck build Thief!

Try EVERYTHING. No armor, heavy armor, shield, no shield, male, female, things will always be satisfyingly different.
>>
>>375683408
I really loved the theory that most of the bosses were based on the idea that this is the personified versions of fears and myths of people under the influence of demons. I mean, the more you think about it, the cooler and creepier it sounds.
>>
>>375680849
I prefer Shadow Tower over the PS1 KF games, but the last one on PS2 is probably where you should jump in
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
this boi think he slick......

boi he DABBIN
>>
>>375675601
Did you fall off a grassy hill near the fog gate? If you fell off the tower area you'd have outright died.
>>
>>375683570
>Until DaS came out From was still fairly unknown so they went with their new cash cow. Sony approached From about producing a new game in the same vein, hence Bloodborne. The trilogy stipulation is why you see a fair amount of content reuse in Dark Souls 3.
>Now that Dark Souls has officially ended they've signed back on with Sony. We'll be seeing DeS2 and DeS Remastered at E3 this year.

Go play pretend somewhere else.
>>
>>375679827
Miyazaki once said that he picked DeS when it was a complete failure prototype. I always thought that this is the half-baked version of a map from the said prototype.
>>
>>375683701
I heard that one's not even canon and also it feels sluggish even compared to the Ps1 games.
>>
>>375674694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA9c01YsEFM
>>
>>375681137
>>375681201

Honestly, the series took a dive once Dark Souls was released. They doubled the audience by releasing it on the 360 and the legend of the first game had grown so much that people were lining up to play it.

So when you expand the audience by that much and make it more accessible, you're going to expand the amount of retards exponentially. This isn't helped by the fact that the 360 had easily the worst user base of it's generation. (This isn't console wars shit, it's just a fact, doesn't mean YOU reading this are the worst, but 360 was shit. Paid online, no blue ray player, you got it because it came out first or was cheaper than the PS3 which ended up being better in every way. You got it to play multiplat shooter/sports/AAA shit and Halo, which was never a presitgeous game series to begin with).

So yeah, the original Dark Souls release was the biggest drop off in the community.
>>
>>375683408
Yes, the bosses really made the imagination run wild. I always wondered what the deal was with the Old Hero. He seems so out of place with the rest of the shrine of storms. It made me wonder if, as his name implies, he was the hero before you, the player, and he made it this far before giving up at the storm king, too unnerved by the lovecraftian horror vibe.
>>
File: 1465486770484.jpg (127KB, 990x648px) Image search: [Google]
1465486770484.jpg
127KB, 990x648px
>defeat Fool's Idol
>get picked up by the gargoyles
>approaching the new area walking on the bridge
>entire sky is dark only lit up by torches in the distance
>that fucking faint rhythmic drum beating
>>375683992
Wasn't the Old Hero the dead guy on the altar with the legendary soul? iirc, around most of the bosses there's dead people with collectable souls. Just after killing both maneaters, you saw two dead people implying they were an experiment conducted by the Old Monk.
>>
>>375682995

Someone will make another great, genre-creating game at some point. I honestly thought the same thing before Demon's Souls came out. There is little innovation left in video games, now it's just fine-tuning.
>>
>>375683876
E3's pretty soon anon, so you'll be able to see it with your own eyes. From's working on a dark fantasy RPG right now, which is pretty far into development. They've been working on it since before Dark Souls 3 came out.
>>
>>375683926
Definitely not canon, more of a spin-off(?) of sorts that feels a lot closer to DeS, but the atmosphere is dank and the enemies use your awkward controls to their advantage so you really feel like you are going up against some real monsters at times
>>
>>375684180
Doesn't the Old Hero drop his own soul when you kill him? There's always a few bodies in most boss rooms, but to me that seemed to be other people who the boss had killed.
>>
>>375683992

Old Hero is ancient, from time before the Fog. The people in the storm of shrines made him that big ass tomb right near the beach and cliffs where the Storm King would patrol.

Yes that is his body on the slab when you enter the room, with the Legendary Hero soul on it. And his spirit, which is huge and powerful, much larger than his body, attacks you either because you're trespassing on his grave or it's an effect of the fog.
>>
>>375684398
There's a body with two souls (the only such instance in the game) right after the twin gargoyle fight.

This is on purpose and not a coincidence.
>>
>>375684398
You do have a point. One anon though in another thread suggested the three black phantoms you see after defeating Penetrator are him, Tower Knight and Phalanx.
>>
>>375684713

It's Penetrator
Phalanx
and Longbow Oolan
>>
>>375684713
Ostrava mentions them at some point:

"King Allant led Boletaria with a round table of brave knights.
The royal Twin Fangs, Vallarfax and Biorr,
Alfred, the knight of the tower,
Metas, the knight of the lance,
and the brave tribesman, Long Bow Oolan and his fearsome legions.
But today, Boletaria is an abysmal mess."
>>
>>375685043
>>375685075
I stand corrected, good to know. It's been a while since I played it. I might give it a go eventually when my backlog clears
>>
>>375685043
>>375685075
Longbow Oolan best girl
>>
File: eleum_loyce.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eleum_loyce.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>375674694
>>375683932
>yfw the land behind the broken archstone is Eleum Loyce

the map is apparently called the Land of Giants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hlEShsDl3U
>>
>>375668493
It's kinda lacking on the waifu department
>>
>>375686274
true, the maiden in black is annoying with her stupid russian accent. In Dark Souls 1 you dont have deal with stupid dialogue every time you level up and you can level up at any bonfire. I really like dark souls 2 and Majula is a super comfy home base but I prefer being able to level up on my own.
>>
>>375674356
I smite thee!
>>
>>375668493
>False king allant>gherman>SoC>nashandra>Gwyn
>>
>>375668493
There's nothing in that swamp for you but death.
>>
>>375686438
bear
seek
seek
lest
>>
File: emeraldherald.png (1MB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
emeraldherald.png
1MB, 736x981px
>>375686692
at least the emerald herald has big "life gems"
>>
>>375686438
Maiden in Black is unobtrusive though. She talks as you level up, not before.
>>
>>375686438
DS2 should have let you level up at any bonfire once the Emerald Herald gives you the feather. That stupid feather was so important that they even featured it in the teaser trailers and all it is is a homo boner.
>>
File: 1492190880117.jpg (200KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1492190880117.jpg
200KB, 595x842px
>>375686274
>Maiden
>Umbasa girl
>Selene Vinland
>Miralda
>Mephistopheles
>Fool's Idol
>singing lady
>filthy woman
>black phantom with meat cleaver
Take your pick
Miralda is best. Pic semi related.
>>
>>375686924
That actually would be cool because that feather is she can get around to every area drangleic so in a way it signifies that she's with you every where you go so you should be able to level up anywhere once you get that feather.
>>
>>375687034
Oh and Astraea of course
>>
File: young_emerald_herald.jpg (575KB, 2088x1476px) Image search: [Google]
young_emerald_herald.jpg
575KB, 2088x1476px
>>375686924
also the feather being in the trailers was something they fucked up because one of the things in the cut content from dark souls 2 was a loli emerald herald and meeting her when she was older was supposed to be something very emotional. I forgot how they were supposed to make it work. The Emerald Herald you meet in Dragon Aerie sounds and maybe even looks a lot younger than the one you see everywhere else
>>
>>375687054
I'm glad somebody likes the idea. She even waves it around when you level up, and the game really wants players to just level up forever with the crap soul memory system, so why not let them? Majula is pointless in the end game other than going to get BEARSEEKSEEKLEST'd at. It would have fit nicely with the mechanics and the lore but it was just another disappointment in a game full of disappointments.
>>375687238
Does she perma-die in DS2? I don't even remember but I vaguely recall what you're talking about with her loli and adult form, and the slightly different one in the Aerie. They really wanted us to like her but she's mostly remembered for memes and not shutting the fuck up.
>>
>>375686921
she's still annoying as hell and you need her to level up.

>>375687034
>maiden in black
annoying russian accent
>umbasa girl
sure i wouldn't mind a faith-y waifu (except miracles are dogshit in DeS)
>Selen Vinland
She's cute and has cool armor so I'd just play as a female character (no lesbians in DeS because they'd get burned at the stake immediately, or locked in a cell with one of the Fat Officials like Yuria until they got burned at the stake), kill her, and get her armor later.
>Miralda
I'd just want her armor and weapon.
>Mephistopheles
She's cool but her rewards are shit and she's not as badass as she looks.
>Fool's Idol
No, just no. She's a heretic and is an annoying boss fight. What time is it? PURGE O' CLOCK.
>singing lady
annoying as fuck, kill on sight
>filthy woman
lul. leave her alone, she means no harm and is a vendor iirc.
>black phantom with meat clever
idk who that is but that meat clever has ridiculously op scaling. It's explained in the description for The Adjudicator iirc but I still don't understand why they made that a faith weapon. It looks very heretical and not appropriate for a cleric/faith build to use.
>>
>>375686576
yeah pretty much this
>>
>>375687767
>It looks very heretical and not appropriate for a cleric/faith build to use.
The Adjudicator was one of the deities for the Shrine of Storms --> Faith based

>(except miracles are dogshit in DeS)
It's true that they were almost entirely defensive but that's what you have your halberd for. Also, Second Chance was fantastic
>>
>>375687556
>I'm glad somebody likes the idea. She even waves it around when you level up, and the game really wants players to just level up forever with the crap soul memory system, so why not let them? Majula is pointless in the end game other than going to get BEARSEEKSEEKLEST'd at. It would have fit nicely with the mechanics and the lore but it was just another disappointment in a game full of disappointments.

Yeah her waving it around you when you level up is kind of a spoiler. It is a big disappointment. She could have meant so much more to us and now she's just the butt of jokes. Especially in messages around where she hangs out ("thrusting required ahead").
>>375687556
>Does she perma-die in DS2?
No, she can die but then after quite awhile in-game (like 5 bosses or 5 hours or something) her gravestone will spawn and you have to.....WAIT FOR IT....spend a certain amount of souls just to interact with her ghost to level up...so you are literally raising your soul memory just to talk to the firekeeper who levels you up, raising your soul memory....goddamnit.
>>
File: crusader_purgingintensifies.jpg (45KB, 600x501px) Image search: [Google]
crusader_purgingintensifies.jpg
45KB, 600x501px
>>375688084
>deities for the Shrine of Storms
>a gluttonous blob of flesh who got taken over by some creature or demon (that weird bird thing in the hole left when he got decapitated)
>it looks like he tried to commit suicide because the broken sword in his left hand looks like it was part of the blade stuck in his belly
>>
File: grump.png (12KB, 141x236px) Image search: [Google]
grump.png
12KB, 141x236px
>>375688386
The blob's not the Adjudicator you fool, the golden bird is
>>
>>375688094
In what way is the feather a spoiler? It's not even mentioned as anything important until she gives it to you.
>>
>>375688596
wut...you're kidding right? If not please explain.

Also fuck console exclusives. I really want to play DeS but i am kinda broke right now and cant even bother buying a PS3 right now.
>>
>>375688852
PLAY THE GAME
>>
>>375688739
true...idk then. i was reaching a bit there.
>>
>>375688084
the one offensive miracle which is the best offensive miracle in Das1 (and das2 I suppose but no one uses it because its hard as fuck to get. Fuck B-team for locking WoTG behind a covenant and NG++) is complete shit in DeS. I saw Lobos Jr trying to God's Wrath enemies in DeS and it did nothing. For some reason Lobos was never able to hit enemies with God's Wrath.
>>
>>375689157
ANOTHER THING, why the hell are there fist weapons called Hands of God. What kind of retard thought that fist weapons made sense for a faith build? Sure the name sounds cool but the only exposure I have to them is from when Lobos Jr used them in his Demon's Souls slow run for a "faith build" which wasn't done very well. He was doing like 35 damage per punch. The only way he did decent damage is if he parried and riposted.
>>
>>375682886
everyone talks about the owls lol, i think that they were alright, but the kinda weird because they looked silly and non hostile
>>
Why there's ostrava armor+sword+shield at Latria
I think that he was imprisoned for some years,a decade maybe, since boletaria has been fucked for around 10-20 years and it seems that he just arrived when you meet him.
>>
File: handsofgod_morelikehandsofshit.png (132KB, 296x621px) Image search: [Google]
handsofgod_morelikehandsofshit.png
132KB, 296x621px
>>375689370
>d scaling in strength
>d scaling in faith
wow...lol. they're so bad.
>>
File: breeki.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
breeki.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>375683701
>Shadow Tower
>walking through some dank dark cave fighting goop and echo-locating tentacles
>meet some bitch in a yellow dress in the middle of nowhere
>She has beef jerky stubs for arms and legs
>Says (almost completely nonchalant) she wants to be a demon again
>After she's done talking she gets into a fetal position and doesn't respond anymore

This game is a fucking acid trip.
>>
The dragon god was such a disappointment.

Doesn't help that besides Flamelurker's awesome fight the lead up to him are those boring tunnels with those stupid bugs that do nothing but waste time.
>>
I haven't had this much fun with a video game in a while. Its probably the nostalgia factor since it came out the summer before my senior HS year started. Wondering what the Giants land was like, the sting ray boss, cheesing the dragon with arrows, having to settle for thunder claymore for PvP because the fucking skellys wouldn't drop the pure bladestone
>>
Something I never really understood in Souls games is why they kept sorcery. Sorcery seemed to fit thematically and aesthetically in DeS but in DaS why wasn't it all about pyromancy?
>>
>>375688094
RIP Feather.
I completely forgot about the NPC resurrection system. Fuck Soul Memory, the Reds like to bitch that it prevents them invading people but jolly cooperationfags like me got fucked just as hard. I used to try to get killed during boss fights just so I wouldn't get the damn souls. Thank fuck they put in the stupid Agape ring but it's just a band-aid on that awful matchmaking system.
>>
>>375668493
Friend of mine did a bunch of good videos on Demon's Souls. I wish he'd fucking continue.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6yGcgGMMh77lxQ0MqRsGg
>>
>>375689745
>The dragon god was such a disappointment.
oh yeah someone mentioned in that in demons souls playthrough video I watched recently. The trailer hypes up dragon god so much but then it's a Bed of Chaos gimmicky boss. Imagine if it was something like Darkeater Midir from Dark Souls 3 The Ringed City but more epic.
>>
>>375689906
>gaylord butthump
Is your friend 13 years old?
>>
File: 1326541267102.jpg (318KB, 760x797px) Image search: [Google]
1326541267102.jpg
318KB, 760x797px
>hear from people how scary shrine of storms and its black skeletons are
>go fight one
>he just does this super telegraphed lunge attack that leaves him massively vulnerable to backstabs after

The red eye knight was harder.
>>
>>375689956
No, but he's Canadia, unfortunately.
>>
>>375689804
Pyromancy, sun based magic, and soul based magic all seem to fit into the lore to me.
Was there more than that? I can't remember.
>>
File: m04_03_picture_1.png (341KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
m04_03_picture_1.png
341KB, 512x512px
>>375679329
just realized that it looks like she's blind
here are the paintings at the old monk's room btw
>>
>>375689912
He wouldn't even necessarily be super hard to make like other dragon fights. He sits upright like a humanoid, so he could stomp around the place on two legs and throw punches at you.
>>
>Remembering this came out around the times le memes and rage faces were popular
>half the memes posted here were le memes and rage faces
>>
>>375688852
Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>375683267
You seem to know your stuff about Latria anon.

So tell me WHAT WAS WITH ALL THE DAMN CHAIRS?
>>
File: 1490870369990.jpg (63KB, 420x462px) Image search: [Google]
1490870369990.jpg
63KB, 420x462px
>>375668493
I want to play this game but I'm not buying a god damned PS3 for it. Why isn't it on PS4? I'll pay for it.
>>
>>375689895
fuck soul memory indeed. The Agape Ring is useful for farming armor or weapons off of a certain enemy but other than it's basically a twink build tool. In SOTFS I invaded someone at an early level in Heide's Tower of Flame and he already havd the full heide knights set (which even though its farmable its still hard to get), the grand lance (you get it way earlier in sotfs) but the grand lance was lightning infused and most likely +10 because he almost one shot me. Even though you can get a weapon to +10 pretty fast in das2 (regular or sotfs) there's still no way he was my soul memory with all that gear and a fully upgraded weapon.
>>
>>375690207
nobody bought it except /v/
>>
>>375689639
Or youre overthinking things and its just some other dude who had the same equipment as him.
>>
>>375690132
woah, so hostile out of nowhere.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSSHuZS14R0

The random "ding...." sound effect in New Londo Ruins gives me a Latria vibe.
>>
>>375677717
I'm pretty sure it kinda is though, it says at the first cutscene that ''the colorless deep fog slowly creeps beyond boletaria's borders'' what pretty much means that it didn't spread outside boletaria yet.
>>
>>375690380
i love the ambient noise from that area. actually kind of relaxing despite also being spooky as fuck. Tower of Latria is a bit ridiculous because out of nowhere you hear ARGHHHHHHH and PLEASEEE...HELP ME!
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (176KB, 1278x710px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
176KB, 1278x710px
>>375679827
looks nothing like it to be honest.
>>
I loved Demon's Souls, Tower of Latria was interesting. Got stuck there for a bit.

https://youtu.be/7LoRRhxULrk?list=PLa0kdYaWleuSrruUOQRp3lZmHTUGZKz1G
>>
>>375690251
You on PC? I'm a consoletard so I didn't run into too much of that but I hear it was pretty easy to manipulate soul memory with cheat engine. I enjoyed making builds specifically to coop particular bosses in DS1, something effective but not so OP that I'm just destroying the boss for the host. I had dedicated dudes set up for when I felt like helping with Gargoyles, O&S, Gwyn, Artorias, and some others but I couldn't do that in DS2 launch because simply by doing co-op, I would eventually soul memory my way out of the local range.
I love and hate that Agape ring so much.
>>
>>375681804
I didn't felt lonely in des at all, lol. That's how I felt in all other souls games, but des was different, I had Thomas, the Maiden, Ostrava, Biorr, the clerics and sorcerers, and I knew that the Nexus was safe and everything would be fine inside it.

On the other games whoever lol. Pretty much all you had in ds1 was solaire that ends up going insane, and in bloodborne the doll that wasn't even real to begin with. everyone else that isn't a merchant dies(and the merchants are only alive for gameplay reasons of course, if not they would have been killed/went insane too).
>>
Look how big Dragon God's model is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9auUYZ5TOjY&t=3m

It has legs!
>>
>>375683570
FROM won't remaster DES, and If des2 happen it will be made by another studios.
There's no need for a des sequel just like there's no need for BB sequel, and there wasn't need for a DaS sequel
>>
>>375683915
I'm pretty sure it isn't. It's Thoma's city.
>>
>>375690207
Rumors are there is a remastered by Sony coming
>>
>>375685043
>Alfred, the knight of the tower,-Tower knight
>Metas, the knight of the lance,-Penetrator
>and the brave tribesman, Long Bow Oolan and his fearsome legions.-Phallanx
>>
>>375691083
Penetrator uses a sword though.
>>
>>375686438
the maiden in black is one of the best waifus ever IMO, never skipped her dialogues
I really like monumental's voice too but it seems that people don't like it for w/e reason.
>>
>>375668493
>>375668493
I still have my deluxe edition unopened. Jelly?
>>
>>375690996
I've looked into those rumors but so far they are baseless. At least it's being ported to PC though, right?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (88KB, 948x630px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
88KB, 948x630px
>>375687238
mfw she has a model
>>
>>375691559
Through emulator
>>
>>375684384
What was that allowed me do that brutal kill animation onweaker enemies?
>>
File: Maiden_Astraea_Guide.jpg (547KB, 1280x1007px) Image search: [Google]
Maiden_Astraea_Guide.jpg
547KB, 1280x1007px
>Do as you like. Take your precious demon soul.
>>
>>375688852
the bird judges, the big thing eats
the self harm was probably due to masochism, insanity or whatever, it has no lips no for some reason, and the old hero also doesn't have lips.

it could be a disease or some ritual. I also saw once on history channel that there were some native americans who executed people by doing a ritual blindfolding them, giving them a weapon and make them fight with many people at once (couldn't find it on google) and it looks like that's the way that the old hero died.
>>
>>375691590
holy fuck I've never seen this before. she's so damn cute you might not guess you'd want to fuck her when she got older
>>
>>375689370
>>375689651
there could be some lore there actually
>In Game Description
A fist weapon bearing God's name.
There was once a strong man who slaughtered dragons with his bare hands. His God-like fists earned him the title of the "Legendary Big M."

if the guy killed dragons with his own hands, then wtf is this shit
>>
File: 1359193283123.jpg (108KB, 578x600px) Image search: [Google]
1359193283123.jpg
108KB, 578x600px
>>375691792
Too good for this world, literally.
>>
>>375690207
i heard that if you have a japanese ps4 account you can rent des and play it on ps4. something like 20 dollars for 1 month
>>
>>375690274
that could be true about the armor, but not about the shield and sword
>Rune Sword

>A gilded sword crafted with exquisite design.
It's physical attack power is close to non-existant, but is strongly magically enhanced and also protects its wielder from magical attacks.

>It is the weapon of the legendary hero, with it's paired rune shield.
>>
>>375691853
woah, that kind of makes sense. The big thing is basically the executioner and the bird is a holy being passing on the judgement of the gods. It still unfortunately looks like a silly boss.
>>
>>375691421
like look at the size of that shit, swords aren't supposed to be like that. it's like the children of a spear and a sword.
>>
>>375674356
Rollin for quads, end my suffering Ultimate Inferno Nazi Super Sayain Hydra Hitler 9001 MK 17 Holy fucking Shit Watermelon Nigga.
>>
>>375692062
Her ring started the meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi_BXOp-Hcs
>>
>>375692019
>Legendary Big M
What a silly for some kind of legendary warrior. Stuff like that makes me feel like some devs or people working on the game really didn't give a shit. Like the arcane substance you apply to your weapons to do arcane damage is literally called "sticky white stuff" (and some people can't help laughing at that, hurr durr its a masturbation joke).
>>
File: adj-shield-on-hand.jpg (54KB, 300x475px) Image search: [Google]
adj-shield-on-hand.jpg
54KB, 300x475px
>>375692269
it was also supposed to eat the soul of the people, not living people
makes me wonder if it was just a made up thing and then it became real because of the old one, or if it was always real in the first place.

>A large wooden shield that depicts a brightly colored scene of the deceased being judged. On the other side, an epigram is carved in old script: 'Cowardly acts and the eating of birds must not be the deeds of a Hero of Storms. If the one being judged displeases the Adjudicator's master, the Golden Crow, the deceased soul will be gnawed upon until nothing but their bones remain.' Its user will recover HP a little at a time.
>>
>>375692469
>her ring
what ring exactly?
>>
File: ostrava.jpg (30KB, 439x358px) Image search: [Google]
ostrava.jpg
30KB, 439x358px
>>375692520
could be some just translation thing though, but no one had expectations for demon's souls really.
that's how ostrava looks like btw
>>
anyone around soul level 50-60 wanna duel? don't have any 120s
>>
>>375692645
Sincere Prayer
>>
>>375692604
>fat mexican shield

My favorite in DeS.
>>
>>375692604
well shit, that shield description is amazing. So the big guy IS the Adjudicator. Some guy above said the Golden Crow was the Adjudicator. Also that shield plus the health regen ring is op. From what i've seen in a playthrough you can walk through Demon's Souls blighttown and it fights back pretty well against poison.
>>
>>375692469
>The pose itself was almost never included in Demon's Souls, as according to director Hidetaka Miyazaki "When I presented the game to the rest of the company I showed them that pose and one of the higher ups told me it just wasn't cool enough. Of course I told him I'd get rid of it but I secretly kept it in the game."

the absolute madman
>>
>>375692887
No, the crow/chicken w/e is the one that judges. like dude it's obvious, it even talks about eating birds being a sin, of course the bird is the adjudicator.

Also, to kill the boss you must hit the bird.
>>
>>375692687
>is the prince of boletaria
>has that ugly ass face
Thank god he wears really cool armor along with a pretty cool looking shield and weapon.
>>
>>375692759
thanks anon
>>
>tfw I played DaS and 2 before DeS and Des blew them out of the water and lived up to the hype.
I really can't put my finger on it, I'm not sure if it was the meticulous and loving level design, the atmosphere and lore or just the emotional weight but this game is fucking amazing. I can't imagine what it was like to play it on release.
>>
File: DS9NLjh.jpg (206KB, 896x855px) Image search: [Google]
DS9NLjh.jpg
206KB, 896x855px
>>375693112
characters in des just look ugly in general. also those boobs.

>>375693238
wow same here, I think Des was the better one, but every time i say that, people are like ''it's just nostalgia dude des was bad the dark souls games are better on all aspects'' no it wasn't
>>
>>375674037

Yeah this. Played it for the first time less than a week ago, and I was surprised by how many phantoms and messages I saw. Never got invaded or saw any summon signs though.
>>
>>375693238
I played demon's first so it's mostly nostalgia but the faster gameplay is what makes it better for me.

Attacking, rolling, running, etc are all fast. Shit even entering fog gates takes zero time.
>>
File: 17.jpg (991KB, 1973x1572px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
991KB, 1973x1572px
probably better accept the characters from the artbook as canon than the ones ingame lol
>>
>>375693238
co-oping with randoms on tower knight was probably very cool but other bosses I imagine it'd be a clusterfuck. Having more than on person in a boss room with a single humanoid boss like the Penetrator just makes the boss act erratic (i've had this experience with Fume Knight in DaS2).
>>
>>375673092
All those threads people were making on /v/ when it came out are what convinced me to buy Demon's Souls. One of the few times that a /v/ recommendation actually turned out to be fantastic.
>>
>>375683987
>you got it because it came out first or was cheaper than the PS3 which ended up being better in every way.
Or some people just wanted a console with games before 2012. Either way, you're all niggers and the reason this community is shit.
>>
File: tiffani-amber-thiessen-then.jpg (56KB, 550x822px) Image search: [Google]
tiffani-amber-thiessen-then.jpg
56KB, 550x822px
>>375693367
horribly shaped boobs but her face is kind of cute. also female character have great legs in demons souls. there outfits when you take off all armor looks like something teen/late teen girls would wear in the 90's (not a bad thing really). Shows off their butt too.
>>
>>375681923

I tried it like, 7-9 years ago, but man, the fucking slow turning speed got me to put it down. I'm going to try again sometime this year, but are they all like that?
>>
>>375668984
I would get invaded all the time when I played the game at release, and /v/ had nonstop threads talking about the game. People would share tips in the threads and update the DeS wiki all the time in the early days. The community aspect of DeS along with the sense of discovery in its incredible atmosphere are what made the game so good.
>>
>>375668984
Demons does have the best atmosphere.
>>
>>375693762
I tried too and it's not only slows but it runs at like 5 FPS even on modded emulators, that's impossible for me.
>>
Sneaky the best track on the OST coming through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3nckWeT-m0
>>
>>375694083
the character creation music from des and ds1 give me such a magic feeling
when i listen to the ds1 ost i remember when i was creating my first character(it obviously took a lot of time because of my autism) and i had no idea what to expect from the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPK2oskj06E

this music has nothing to do with the game tho lol, it's a really nice and then the game starts and you are a rotten dude on a jail
>>
>>375694083
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqhqbsdpAXo

actual sneaky coming through
>>
have you guys thought that demon's souls would be king's field if ostrava was the main character?
>young prince has to undo his crazy father's wrongdoings in search of power
>>
>>375694235
>dem feels during the das2 menu screen music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg2IGTQsvZY
>>
File: 1469570824168.png (232KB, 625x403px) Image search: [Google]
1469570824168.png
232KB, 625x403px
>>375694284
Not at all, would've been cool, but it would kinda ruin the point of an RPG, to create your character, to roleplay(lmao imblying people even care about that anymore fuck me).

While I was playing, I wanted Ostrava to be the king after the game was over, I had no idea if I were going to survive or even save the world but I wanted him to be alive, I was really immersed on the game, it was different than Dark Souls, because there was hope.

When the NG+ started I was like ''OMG now I know what happens'' and then I was like fuuck
>>
File: 1484666793182.jpg (134KB, 960x942px) Image search: [Google]
1484666793182.jpg
134KB, 960x942px
>>375668984
DaS will never have the same purity that DeS had

Not trying to start a flamewar, but DeS was special. It truly resurrected the age of PS2 games that had soul and effort put in by the developers. Dark Souls was fantastic as well, but there's something that sets it apart from Demon's stylistically, and that's fine.

Demon's Souls made me happy and I'm glad it existed. We should cherish those moments rather than shit on the series for what its become.
>>
>>375694281

Must admit it's pretty damn good. Am I the only one who thinks that DeS has the best music of the Souls series, or is that opinion commonly held?
>>
>>375694873
It's held by people who have actually listened to the OST outside of the game I've found. Demon's Souls soundtrack has a lot of nuances that you don't pick up in game but maybe that's just my music autism.

Also Bloodborne's was pretty good and really fit the setting well but I don't know how well received that one is.
>>
>demons souls threads was 7 years ago

Holy fucking shit

I finished high school, finished uni, AND got in a solid two years of neeting within that time. Jesus fuck.

I wonder what's next.
>>
File: Nothing wrong.jpg (112KB, 420x483px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing wrong.jpg
112KB, 420x483px
>>375691792
>>375692062

Time for the good old debate:

Did she do nothing wrong ?
>>
>>375695218
she was a demon, the real astraea was either long dead or the filthy woman
>>
>>375695218
The interactions with her felt unique. Killing one or the other and seeing how it affected the other was really interesting and I felt it spiced up the boss battle even more.
>>
>>375695065
Something that I noticed is that the other games OSTs are too much action, with rare exceptions like in DS1 with Sif's, Gwyn's and Gwyndolin's OST

Meanwhile in Des musics were kinda repetitive, unique, and chill, magical and dream-like, hard to explain, but it was not like ''HOLY SHIT A BOSS I WILL DIE'' that's the feeling you get in Dark Souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnu358zEp0I

Something really akward is that the names of the OSTs are switched up, even when you download the official thing, and at youtube.

>>375695218
No, it was god that ruined everything, not her, she did what she was supposed to do.

>>375695280
dude, basically everyone in des is a demon, specially your character that has countless demon's souls inside it.
>>
File: 5-2.jpg (52KB, 568x479px) Image search: [Google]
5-2.jpg
52KB, 568x479px
>>375695280
>the filthy woman
What make you think that ?
Isn' she just a inhabitant of the swamp trying to help her child ?
>>
>>375668984
This is silly, DaS is so much more of a lonesome experience. The Nexus felt like a much more comfortable and constant safespace that was disconnected from all the dangers of the world (aside from a certain someone after a certain point) wheras the Firelink Shrine is a place you don't spend nearly as much time in, everyone there eventually disappears, either from going insane, betrayal or seeking out some quest of their own (which all end up in death or hollowing). At least in DeS you've got Stockpile Thomas with you til the end. In DaS, you truly are alone.
>>
File: 1427947271798.png (27KB, 620x743px) Image search: [Google]
1427947271798.png
27KB, 620x743px
>>375695423
>basically everyone in des is a demon
>the phantom warrior who says "cant you see youre falling into their trap" disappearing
>>
>>375695065

I enjoy Bloodborne's OST, (and it is in my opinion the best game in the series) but I can hardly recall any standout tracks. I remember the music as eerie, compositionally solid and thematically appropriate, yet ultimately safe. Then again, I haven't really given it the close listen it probably deserves.
>>
>>375695423
>Something that I noticed is that the other games OSTs are too much action
That's precisely the reason why they fail in my opinion. When you try to have too many epic boss themes, none of them become epic. Demon's has a nice variety, pacing and more importantly awareness between tracks which is what I feel separates it from th rest of the pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k3XXGmu-dw
>>
File: And then I come back.jpg (317KB, 1000x657px) Image search: [Google]
And then I come back.jpg
317KB, 1000x657px
>>375695381
1st time i stepped in the fog, her plea make me go back to the nexus and search online for answer because i tough i did something wrong somehow.

Still remember it to this day.
>>
>>375695583
cut content from crestfallen:

>The flame-tending maiden has not come down
from the upper level.
>Go ahead, seek her; you monsters deserve each other.

>I could not care any less.
>Hmph. Not enjoying the conversation?
>Monster! Do you think that you are somehow special!?
>>
>>375695523
old theory stemming from how her attire looks like a filthy and ragged version of astraeas robe and her selling priest and temple knight gear
>>
>>375668493
>I have never fully explored that swamp that is at the bottom
Look at this fag, he's probably also didn't get Mephistopheles armor, didn't beat the shit out of Old King Doran and haven't rescued Witch from tower
>>
>>375695690
She was so grey, either a cunt amassing souls or a demon with a heart of gold.
>>
File: 1454056235618.jpg (76KB, 816x601px) Image search: [Google]
1454056235618.jpg
76KB, 816x601px
There are STILL people, to this day, who think Dark Souls is better than Demon's Souls.

lmao
>>
>>375673092
There were a couple a day at best, but they were long-lasting and filled with OC and fun stories. Fairly similar to the STALKER threads and probably M&B too. Such were the wonders of /v/'s olden niche communities.
>>
File: Storm King.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Storm King.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
I wish I had a screenshot but during my first playthrough of Demon's Souls, after I defeated the Storm King I examined the arena. It was then I looked at the giant plateau which was clearly where the entirety of the Shrine of Storms world took place. It was really struck by the scale of it and thinking about how the entire level would logically fit within it. However, the part the stuck out to me the most and still remains, to me, one of the greatest visages in any game ever was how much the island resembles the head of a demon. I think it was very intentional that it looked like a giant head, it was too much a coincidence. A part of me even suspected that it wasn't just an island at some point but an actual demon.
I dunno, there was nothing else like that in any of the other Souls games and is part of why Demon's is my favorite.
>>
File: 1479974169354.jpg (174KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
1479974169354.jpg
174KB, 500x444px
>>375695775
I see.
Quite interesting when we know the fate of the others knights.
>>
>>375695423

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. My main complaint with the mainline Dark Souls OSTs is that everything has a tendency to sounding like Mars from Holst's Planet Suite (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8EwBTQhl3Y), though the standouts you mentioned are all exceptions to this rule.
>>
>>375695632
If you haven't listened to it outside the game I'd highly recommend it. IMO the tracks really shine when you take the game away and focus just on them and the atmosphere and picture they paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mByDcrNSV0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0

They nailed the stringwork with this OST IMO
>>
>>375695647
The bosses in Dark Souls are harder, but I think that's bad, the reason is, that being hard is not what makes a boss good at all, I love the Tower Knight, and I never died to him.

Sure, at least some bosses have to be hard, I think that it must be challenging, without being bullshit, the bosses of the dark souls series are such a ''fuck you'' it's like they want people to give up on the game.

Demon's Souls keeps getting harder on a difficulty curve but dark souls difficulty's curve is like a crazy earthquake with hard bosses being followed by easy bosses randomly.

I like that Demon's Souls doesn't ''hold your hand'' but I feel that Dark Souls went too far with it. my first time playing dark souls was pure frustration.
>>
>>375692257
Thres nothing in that description that says the rune sword and shield are one of a kind items. Also ostrava is royalty so it makes sense for him to posess such fancy equipment. He probably just got them from the king.
>>
>>375669940
No there's three versions of each level, with different gear and NPC encounters.
>>
>>375695960
>Demon's Souls keeps getting harder on a difficulty curve
It doesn't, the archdemons, barring allant, are the easiest bosses of every world.
>>
File: Waifu material.jpg (173KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu material.jpg
173KB, 800x600px
>>375695831
Either way she did a good job to guilt trip me.
But the old one has to be stopped and her soul was needed for that.
>>
>>375695963
what part of
>It is the weapon of the legendary hero
you didn't understood?
>>
File: 1454302357339.png (173KB, 319x327px) Image search: [Google]
1454302357339.png
173KB, 319x327px
>that soft glow around everything that Demon's Souls had which never came back in any future games

It made everything feel so magical, I wish it hadn't just been thrown out.
And I liked that you actually had an item in your inventory to explain why your character had that little glowy torch thing, I wish that had been in DaS instead of just needing sunlight maggot or whatever.

The aesthetics and lighting of DeS were just so perfect.
>>
>>375695834
It is
>>375695960
I think you just like gimmicks and novelty
>>
>>375696045
Demon's Souls difficulty is more about the levels themselves not the bosses.

each archdemon(other than allant) has a ''trick'' , it's not just a random ass enemy, but other than the archdemon's, the boss do get harder.
>>
>>375696049
oh good im not the only one who thought the supposed scroll she's holding was a loaf of bread.
>>
>>375696138
I think you just like eye raping lava and half of the game being unfinished and bad
>>
>>375696149
Only because it alternates between incredibly gimmicky and easy bosses and actually challenging ones, like dark.
>>
>>375696205
>unfinished meme while the archstone is missing
wew lad
>>
>>375696236
The Dark Souls ''archdemon's'' are also gimmick
Gwyn=parry to death
Seath=break crystal and spam r1 until he dies
Bed of chaos=hit glowing balls
Nito=just don't move and wait him, then spam r1 on his face
>>
>>375696261
>archstone is missing
>affects nothing beyond a lore mention right at the beginning
DaS is basically having that archstone being a rushed piece of shit.
>>
File: 1491836814532.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491836814532.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>>375695841
These kinds of threads make me appreciate DeS more and more and more.
>>
Oh great the Dark posters are here to shit the thread up. Don't give them (you)'s people
>>
File: 1478157840622.png (95KB, 477x2802px) Image search: [Google]
1478157840622.png
95KB, 477x2802px
>>375696202
Heh.
Never thought of that but now you're pointing it i'd say it was a scroll.
>>
File: 1452836430672.jpg (77KB, 701x518px) Image search: [Google]
1452836430672.jpg
77KB, 701x518px
>>375696138
There's nothing wrong with gimmicks. In fact I think Demon's Souls' bosses are generally better than Dark's.

Bosses in Dark Souls always come down to slashing at the knees of something bigger than you, which really feels petty.
You kill Ceaseless Discharge, a gigantic demonic behemoth made of lava and pain, by slashing his hand.
On top of that, it means the strategy for most bosses is to ram your face directly into their crotch and stab them in the ass, which is boring.
Souls is built for fighting enemies around your size, it becomes a shitshow when the enemy is that much bigger.

Demon's bosses are gimmicks yeah but that's because you're fighting monsters and gods and shit, of course you have to do fancy tricks to beat them.
It makes a hell of a lot more sense than standing underneath a giant dog and stabbing him in the paws over and over, and it feels less samey.

Contrast Tower Knight with Iron Golem. Basically the exact same premise for a boss, but Tower Knight feels better to kill because he was actually designed around the knockdown mechanic.
With Iron Golem the knockdown mechanic is just thrown in because why not, the fight isn't balanced around it at all.
>>
>>375696328
The rushed piece of shit is better than demons though
>>
File: 1493579073677m.jpg (44KB, 1024x544px) Image search: [Google]
1493579073677m.jpg
44KB, 1024x544px
>>375696323
>r1
>attacking enemies is a gimmick now
>>
>>375696051
What part of
>Theres nothing in that description that says the rune sword and shield are one of a kind items
Did you not understand? Because clearly theres multiples if ostrava still has his and you can still find them in latria.
>>
>>375696441
>Gimmicks make it better
They're pretty piss easy though. Once you figure out their tricks they turn into cakewalk. Novelty/=/good
>Tower knight and Golem
I like to think of both as breather fights. I think the reason tower knight sticks out is because he's far more intimidating than golem
>>
>>375696445
Not him, but I replayed Demon's like a fuckton times and DaS only 3 times
Guess why
>>
I kinda hate Dark Souls for the fanbase being like that. SPECIALLY Dark Souls 2.

>>375696537
dude if you die, your body obviously stay with everything you were carrying, and then you go to soul form, where you have a copy of everything you had

just one of the cases where lore and gameplay conflict and fuck each other, there's only 2 of those, and they could be the same thing, but duplicated. it's obvious by the description , that both the shield and sword belonged to ONE guy.
>>
>>375696629
Because the second half of the game is fucking awful.
It's what keeps me from replaying it even though I consider DaS to be my favorite.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>375696684
>what do you want for your area senpai
>just give me permanent eye damage
>say no more
>>
>>375696045
>>375696149
>>375696236
>>375696323

Demon's Souls had tiered levels, 1-1 was easier than 1-2 for example based on raw stats of enemies.

Dark Souls provided some level of freedom, so there are sections which feel completely out of place.

For instance theres an obviously intended route all the way to anor londo, but once that's done, you realistically have 4 equally tiered levels. So if you do the Catacombs, then Archives, then Izalith, when you get to Sif it's going to be a fucking joke.

Enemy placements also suffered, since you realistically have two ways to come through most areas. This means that the really great level deisgn of Demon's Souls suffered

>Gimmicky bosses
Unique encounters > Big Guy with armor that Dark Souls coined.

Bosses had weaknesses you could exploit. Fighting Old Hero is still one of my favorite things to do.
>>
>>375696627
Yeah, and easy =/= bad. I'd rather do a novelty setpiece fight like Storm King than fight Asylum Demon for the third time, regardless of the fact that Demon Firesage and Stray Demon can fuck you up, because they're boring.
>>
>>375696629
Because you liked it more. Just because you like it more doesn't make it better, dumb cunt.
>>
>>375696684
Having replayed DaS1 recently, that's entirely true. Some aren't as bad as the others but none of them are particularly good. I've even say they are the worst areas of the series and not just Lost Izalith.
>>
>>375696649
Except ostrava doesnt die until 1-4 in front of king allants elevator. Theres no evidence to show he ever died anywhere else previously.
>>
>>375696513
even though the fight were not just gimmicks(like some des archdemon's), there were gimmicks, there was also the thing that nito was weak to fire, and to use blesses weapons so that the skeletons don't respawn
>>
>>375696791
If you look at leveldesign of both games you're sure not gonna tell me that DaS clusterfuck of locations slapped on each other is better than DeS locations with their own continents
Go fuck yourself with that "it's just because you like it more"
>>
>>375696785
>cherrypicking
They're shit but that's the only time it happens and there are more bosses in Das
>>375696767
>big guy with armor
I think Das had a nice balance of monsters and humanoids
>>
>>375696849
>a body with the same armor, unique sword and shield as him is not an evidence
>>
File: White character.jpg (674KB, 1117x1600px) Image search: [Google]
White character.jpg
674KB, 1117x1600px
Alright, the discussion here is starting to become a litttle too heated.
So let's unite together around the "D":

White character tendency this one is for you:

https://e-hentai.org/g/530802/147aa1112f/
>>
>>375696627
Dark Souls is full of gimmicky as fuck fights so your point is rendered moot. They're just more "standard" fights over all

>Bed of Chaos
The epitome of gimmick.
>Fight Asylum Demon 3x
Gimmick because the moveset is easy, but they have OHKO attacks
>Ceaseless Discharge
Another epitome of gimmick boss ifight
>4 Kings
DPS race with virtually no interesting mechanics
>Nito
Kill the skeletons with blessed weapon, then trounce Nito because his moveset is shit
>Iron Golem
Kill the guy above and knock him off the ledge
>Priscilla
Le invisible boss fight
>Gwyndolin
Teleporting down a corridor where you have to use the pillars to hide from his attacks

You don't get to cherry pick.If Demon's fights are gimmicks, than so are Dark Souls'
>>
>>375696927
It is just because you like it more
>It's a clusterfuck because I don't like it
If you like the way travelinf through archstones was in Des, fine. But that doesn't make it better than Das
>>
File: sleeping cat.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping cat.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>game starts with dream-like sequence
>world is enveloped by fog
>souls are these mist-like things
>fog walls everywhere (only game with lore explanation for the fog walls)
>the comfiest ambient sounds (wind howling or ravens crowing)
>subdued soundtrack
Demon's souls was pure kino
>>
>>375696849
he was already dead, and it was a demon impersonating him to get you to kill allant
thats why the black phantom version of him tries to stop you, because theyre not the same person
>>
>>375668984
Everything you said is wrong. Everything.
Hell, Demon's Souls is the only Souls game that had an OFFICIAL wiki. Too bad Atlus closed.
>>
File: Black character.jpg (882KB, 1280x1855px) Image search: [Google]
Black character.jpg
882KB, 1280x1855px
Black tendancy character this one is for you:

https://e-hentai.org/g/564437/8878ce5375/

Dont get scared by the warning it's worth it.
>>
File: 1492471758893.png (32KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492471758893.png
32KB, 267x200px
>>375696984
As long as you don't post the one with Yuria.
>>
>>375697028
>8 out of 22 bosses
Oh no
>>
>>375696984
bookmarked for later anon, thank you.
>>
File: 1488309184860.jpg (13KB, 311x285px) Image search: [Google]
1488309184860.jpg
13KB, 311x285px
>>375697081
You piece of shit.
>>
>>375696984
I can't help but be a moralfag. Also maiden best girl.
>>
>>375697093
Because every Demon's boss is a gimmick right? Just fuck off Dark souls fags are so far stuck up their own ass it's almost pathetic.
>>
>>375696934
That isn't cherrypicking. What I'm saying is Asylum Demon 1, 2 and 3 are boring fights and so are a lot of the fights. Sif is cool atmospherically but all you do is stand under his legs and win, just like Asylum Demon.
Same with Taurus. Quelaag really isn't much different, she's just alright. Capra being numerous in Demon Ruins solidifies him to me as a beefed up regular enemy who you just roll through his swipes and hit back.

Souls combat is already simple as fuck, it really doesn't hold up to the concept of a traditional "hit it until it dies" boss fight like that.
Say what you will about Decons but at least it's something different, and that's how I feel about a lot of DeS bosses. If a boss is bad, at least it's interesting the way you fight it.
>>
>>375697057
Lol, there were still rumours about you being able to get an Uchi for beating Grey Demon in teh tutorial for like 2 years after release.

So much of the information was GATHERED by the community.
>>
>>375697030
>it's not a clusterfuck because I like it
Sure buddy
>>
>>375697081
so that's why Petrus is evil
>>
>>375697167
>Every demons souls boss is a gimmick
Yes, most of them. I never said they were bad either. Stop being so defensive demons souls is my second or third favorite souls game
>>
>>375697093
>those were just the ones i remembered off teh top of my head during my shitpost.

You want to see shit gimmicks? Capra is the absolute definition.
>>
>>375697081
I jerked it to this once and I'm not in the slightest ashamed.
I just might do it again.
>>
It was a good thread while it lasted boys
>>
I'm 99% self-convinced that "land of the giants" archstone is Lordran, and that Maiden Astraea was one of the maidens from DaS on a pilgrimage, and that Patches is the same guy
>>
File: V.jpg (362KB, 567x709px) Image search: [Google]
V.jpg
362KB, 567x709px
>>375697084
too late i just did.
But you know how things are solaire bro:

Sunbro,Darkwraith,Darkmoon,black or white tendency at the end of the day pic related
>>
>>375697267
>9/22
Ummmmmmmm......... sweetie?
>>
>>375697370
I dunno man, Ass vs Tits threads can get pretty vicious.
Ass > Tits
>>
File: 1491738325530.png (184KB, 409x264px) Image search: [Google]
1491738325530.png
184KB, 409x264px
>>375697162
it's okay mate i'm also a huge moralfags, hell check my previous post>>375695690
>>375696049
i truly doubted my actions back there.
>>
>>375697221
>Not a single argument
>>375697184
I meant cherry picking as in repeating bosses. I never said the gap inbetween the quality of demons and darks bosses was very large. Bosses like false idol don't really do it for me because they're just so easy and that make me it boring >>375697267
>admitting to shitposting
No more replies for you. You've been very unpleasant
>>
>Desfags get upset when you point out that DaS is the superior game or point out any flaw in DeS and break up the circlejerk
This is why everyone laughs at you fags
>>
>>375697580
>not a single argument
>when you've made 0 in regards to level design
fuck of cunt, here's the (you)
>>
File: unity.jpg (60KB, 678x472px) Image search: [Google]
unity.jpg
60KB, 678x472px
>>375697564
Just a matter of taste if you ask me, also i'm not the kind of guy who :

My taste > Your taste
>>
>>375673682
the souls community until a few months after dark souls release was so gooooood
>>
File: IMG_7252.png (181KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7252.png
181KB, 625x626px
>>375697631

>>375697702
All you've said is that you don't like it. Where's the argument?
>>
File: 1486797586974.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1486797586974.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>375697631
>talking about the game is circlejerking
>>
>>375697580
False Idol is a great boss? You have so many ways to approach it.
>get fucked by traps trying to melee her
>try and do a ranged fight with the pillars
>bring anti-magic field and laugh as you lag your way toward her
Its gimmicky and memorable as a result
Meanwhile Penetrator's only redeeming quality as a fight was Biorr, and that was your typical DaS1 fight right there.
>>
File: Land of giants.jpg (473KB, 3000x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Land of giants.jpg
473KB, 3000x1280px
>>375697114
Glad to help.
>>
>>375697806
Right here champ

>>375696767
>>
>>375697906
False idol wasn't too memeorable to me because she died almost immediately on the second attempt. I do like that you can walk in on the guy playing and kill him though.
>>
>>375697961
So you don't like darks areas for being out of place even though you can go from spooky prison to mines in minutes?
And you don't like sequence breaking even though you can do the same thing and it's easier to do in demon's? Enemy placement was fine and before you say you could run past them you can run past a majority of demons enemies too if you know what you're doing.
>>
File: 3fd92142-s.jpg (107KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
3fd92142-s.jpg
107KB, 576x432px
>>375677343
あなたで無く、荷物に興味がある連中だと思う
>>
File: IMG_7253.jpg (43KB, 809x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7253.jpg
43KB, 809x455px
3>4>5>1>Nexus>2
This is the correct order, right /v/?
>>
>>375689370
>>375692019
>Posting on /v/
>Any year
>Without recognizing a fucking godhand reference when you see them

0/10 kill yourself you disgusting fucking newfags
>>
>>375698214
It's not about sequence breaking you absolute mongoloid it's about how since they designed the game with that in mind the enemy placement suffered as a result by being too wishy washy.

>if you know what you're doing
Key part right there
>>
>>375698342
There are people on this board that were born when Godhand came out.
>>
>>375698349
Would you rather kill everything in the way every time you have to go somewhere?
>key part there
You can still skip past them though. Don't pretend like you can or if it requires that much effort
>>
>>375698407
And they should eat some .45 calibre aspirin
>>
File: IMG_7255.jpg (2MB, 2100x2700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7255.jpg
2MB, 2100x2700px
What was their deal?
>>
File: 1477921859733.jpg (172KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1477921859733.jpg
172KB, 500x1000px
>>375698846
Spice farming.
>>
File: 1488293226467.jpg (102KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488293226467.jpg
102KB, 800x800px
>>375698846
>the one on the spiral staircase
>>
Is there an in game reason everything respawns after your death?
>>
>>375699041
Time is warped 'n shit.
>>
File: DismisingSun.jpg (88KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
DismisingSun.jpg
88KB, 1000x668px
>>375699025
>the two on the old monk staircase
>>
File: IMG_7256.jpg (78KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7256.jpg
78KB, 500x444px
>>375699025
>try to roll away
>fall off the stairs
every time
>>
>>375699041
their souls are bound to the land the same way your soul is bound to the nexus
all the creatures that drop powerful souls arent bound to the land, theyre there by choice of because something put them there
>>
how does the souls tendency thing work?
I am playing it right now and i dont get it?
>>
File: 1478156497092.jpg (2MB, 2480x5730px) Image search: [Google]
1478156497092.jpg
2MB, 2480x5730px
>>375699168
>try to run/push past them
>get shockwawed out the stairs
>>
File: IMG_7257.jpg (298KB, 931x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7257.jpg
298KB, 931x641px
>>375699275
>Get caught
>It falls down the stairs
>>
File: IMG_0905.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0905.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>375695841
I made
>>
>>375699273
Don't play online and it'll work
>>
>>375697935
I love that photo and the whole intro to DeS.
>>
File: 1477922294933.jpg (334KB, 700x1653px) Image search: [Google]
1477922294933.jpg
334KB, 700x1653px
>>375699416
I-It never happened to us r-right ?
>>
The Demon's Souls soundtrack is so good. Why was everything in Dark Souls a vocal orchestra?
>>
>>375697036
>>fog walls everywhere (only game with lore explanation for the fog walls)
You've obviously never played Spiderman for the PS1.
>>
>>375698342
I'm 30 year old faggot, hahaha. fuck off. I looked up the game you're talking about it. It looks like shit.
>>
>>375699623
I don't remember a single track from DeS, but it has been awhile since I played it. Please share with me your favourite.
>>
File: 1493345277294.jpg (85KB, 1023x509px) Image search: [Google]
1493345277294.jpg
85KB, 1023x509px
>>375699601
Yes i like it too.
Just seeing the numbers of souls users on the pic make me imagine how dreadful a battles against these giants would be unless we reached a DBZ level of power.
>>
File: IMG_7258.jpg (55KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7258.jpg
55KB, 600x480px
>>375699614
N-No
>mfw this was the vidya equivalent of getting mugged
>>
can you be overpowerd in DeS?
i feel like the game is always hard as shit no matter what you do
>>
Mods are fags.
>>
>>375699614
>>375699773
unless this was hard to do on PS3 I would just disconnect.
>>
>>375699775
Yes. Stock up on grass or use magic or pump vit or upgrade your weapons a lot
>>
>>375699623
I don't have a favorite aside from the character creation theme, but just go on youtube and listen to the first few seconds of a bunch of demons souls boss themes, then do the same with dark souls.

It's like the told Sakuraba "make everything sound like the tower knight fight"
>>
File: Edge.jpg (732KB, 1280x1859px) Image search: [Google]
Edge.jpg
732KB, 1280x1859px
>>375699728
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9piElENpvmM
>>
File: 1459970384766.jpg (713KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1459970384766.jpg
713KB, 664x1000px
>want to play a new game of Demons Souls
>only four character slots
Please for fucks sakes come out on PSN
>>
>>375699865
is there more ?
>>
File: ACID BASS.jpg (49KB, 692x969px) Image search: [Google]
ACID BASS.jpg
49KB, 692x969px
>>375699865
The track is nice, but if you post another image from that doujinshi then I'll kick your fucking teeth in.
>>
File: 1446294603588.gif (3MB, 658x800px) Image search: [Google]
1446294603588.gif
3MB, 658x800px
>>375699773
>>375699827
Understandable.
last time i got invaded years ago i just run to boss gate, because i havent the stuff to deal against a experimented PvPers.
Also this invader is female character, always get me.
>>
>>375700171
Aren't there events that bring communities back to their respective souls game held by reddit
>>
File: 1459726771494.gif (626KB, 326x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459726771494.gif
626KB, 326x250px
>>375684180
>that fucking faint rhythmic drum beating
that was the giant heart beating. its movements match the sounds and it stops when you drop it.
>>
Favorite builds? Blueblood Sword for me.
>>
File: Yes i m a moralfag too.jpg (550KB, 1117x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Yes i m a moralfag too.jpg
550KB, 1117x1600px
>>375700058
Yes i linked it here:
>>375697081

>>375700067
it's ok mate i linked this one in
>>375696984
for the moralfag like us
>>
File: ZAP.jpg (55KB, 692x692px) Image search: [Google]
ZAP.jpg
55KB, 692x692px
>>375700402
I'm just giving him a warning.
>>
>>375700402
>The artist never made a sequel to the moralfag one
This is a travesty
>>
File: Boletarian knight.jpg (439KB, 1000x1378px) Image search: [Google]
Boletarian knight.jpg
439KB, 1000x1378px
>>375700309
I don't know, i never took interest in reddit, but if it's the case it would be nice.
But i got the europe version of demon's soul, i suppose these events are mostly usa and japan ?
>>
File: H1qkeijzo100.jpg (79KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
H1qkeijzo100.jpg
79KB, 500x445px
THOU WHO SEEKETH THE KING'S SWORD, I AM THE OLD KING SHOW ME THINE STRENGTH AND THE STRENGTH OF THINE SOULS
>>
>>375700592
I'm not sure if they are. I've only heard about it though /v/
>>
File: 1474903153656.png (734KB, 677x686px) Image search: [Google]
1474903153656.png
734KB, 677x686px
>>375700457
I'm him.
But you know despite the ntr/rape it has a good ending ?
Check it out.
>>
>>375699775

It's arguably the easiest Souls game to be overpowered in. Infinite grass and spice aside, the magic is bonkers and many weapons have stunlocking properties if they don't shit out damage completely.
>>
File: 1490325977551.png (238KB, 399x333px) Image search: [Google]
1490325977551.png
238KB, 399x333px
>>375700759
I've read the entire thing, Anon, I even touched myself to it. Do not test me.
>>
>>375700643
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHGHHGHHH
>>
>when you realize the Boletaria bosses are the bodies of the three phantoms you fight in 1-4
>>
File: re2door.gif (946KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
re2door.gif
946KB, 250x250px
>>375693508
fuck. black tendency. it was october. I had no idea this bitch existed. first area of the game, "I don't remember this side being open." some red phantoms, easy shit. Walk through an arch way. Axe out of fucking nowhere.

I loved and hated the tendency so much.
>>
>>375700830
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qutYD5UMhTY
>>
>>375678403
Looks like Dark Souls 2
>>
File: Mephistopheles.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mephistopheles.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>375700826
I see, you should talk to pic related i'm sure she has a job for people like you.
>>
File: 1492367095065.png (191KB, 318x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492367095065.png
191KB, 318x360px
>>375700975
That was a female? I thought it was an old man.
>>
File: 1418722486427.png (45KB, 237x380px) Image search: [Google]
1418722486427.png
45KB, 237x380px
Ok guys, I've got this games like for five years. I'm gonna play it finally. So Mage is easy mode or hard mode?
>>
>>375701049
female only armor set. she has a pretty deep voice for a woman though.
>>
>>375678403

Good, that's unnerving. It looks like Soul Reaver.
>>
>>375701102
Mage is pretty easy due to damage, range, and Thief's Ring, and some other factors.

If you have played the other games, you should play mage here to see what fun was like before they nerfed the shit out of casting.
>>
File: 1478359205712.jpg (554KB, 1115x973px)
1478359205712.jpg
554KB, 1115x973px
>>375700796
Yes you can like>>375700796 said.
You can grab a magic falchion in the 4-1 who broke the game along with the adjudicator shield.
Also here is a sample of what a pvp session looked like in the days with experimented players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOh5vyBvffw

(disregard the author of this video)
>>
File: Mephistopheles 2.jpg (1MB, 1016x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mephistopheles 2.jpg
1MB, 1016x1200px
>>375701049

>>375701114 is right.
Also i think it's the same voice actor for Dark sun gwendolyn in DS so it might be confusing.
>>
>>375674356
Me >You died
>>
>>375701416
Is there a doujinshi about this old man(female)?
>>
I'd give your left nut for a DeS rerelease. Anywhere, PC, PS4, Switch :^), whatever. I just want to play it with a respectable framerate and maybe better online shit. What would make me moist is DeS and DaS together at 60 FPS with more functional online. But it's Namco, so never ever.
>>
>>375701492
i wish i knew if there's one.
>>
File: 1488309570362s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1488309570362s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>375701594
>getting to shit on DaS3 babies who have no idea of anything
Yes please.
>>
File: 1485078844084.jpg (58KB, 416x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485078844084.jpg
58KB, 416x400px
>>375701594
>>375701650
Ok people help me remember how broken this game is:

>Dual katana push
>Running Firestorm
>Scraping fuking spears
>Mirdan blessed hammer

What else ?
>>
>>375673246
Fun fact. Primeval demons don't have fixed drop rates for their souls.

There's a chance that your next one wont drop a clear demon's soul. And that means you died multiple times for nothing. Enjoy.
>>
>>375668984
>The community is extremely sparse and fractured,
That's because of the fucking PS3 exclusivity. This will change drastically the moment the game's properly emulated with online.

>and I think this gave DeS an unparalleled atmosphere of discovery.
You get exactly the same sense of discovery in DaS1-3 if you simply don't google for info. As simple as that. I always play these completely blind (down to basic mechanics like rolling and load, which is more or less figure out as I play, let alone "build" stuff that's only even important in pvp) and I always have the exact experience you're describing.
>>
File: 1477295464360.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477295464360.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
>>375668493
fuuuuck that place
>>
Newcomer to the Souls series here.
Playing Demon's Souls for the first time. Had a blast in the Boletarian Palace, Stonefang Tunnel and especially the Tower of Latria.
Now I'm in the Shrine of Storms and I'm stuck though.
Can't beat the Vanguard because fighting him feels like a chore, so I'm just running past him.
There's also some sort of phantom guarding a passage of fog, which I couldn't beat yet.
As much as I enjoyed the challenge of this game so far, it does feel kinda bullshit that I have to fight through every enemy again just to try my chances against the enemy I actually wanna fight again. Like, I remember which attack killed me. I'd love to go back and see whether I can dodge or parry that attack with the right timing... but having to go through 10 to 20 minutes of gameplay to get ONE shot of improving my timing is kinda eeeeh...
At least one can gain plenty of souls this way.
>>
>>375701837

Wall bypassing WoG.
>>
>>375702745
I understand how you feel, what's your build? If you feel fed up then just cheese it.
>>
File: 1409085775019.jpg (225KB, 789x960px) Image search: [Google]
1409085775019.jpg
225KB, 789x960px
>>375702892
i forgot about wall bypassing.
Also:

>Stormruler knockback
>Fatal bandit dagger
>Baby'nail toxic

There is a miracle who simply banish invader i think, have anyone ever used it online ?
>>
>>375702745
welcome to souls enjoy your stay
>>
>>375702745
Got you covered anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iDnktksr0E
Its only a minute.
>>
>>375668493
demons souls is one patch away from being the best game in the series
>>
>>375703121
I'm using a knight. I usually wear the standard armor.
I'm using a spear with shield and I've upgraded mostly stats regarding speed and agility.

I find this build to be a lot of fun, because I only the swift melee combat this game can offer. Fighting these ultra-quick skeletons jumping around is lots of fun. But I don't wanna do it a few dozend times just to get another shot at that phantom.
>>375703283
Thanks buddy. I already had Dark Souls on steam for a couple years, because it was on sale. But I never actually played it, because I wanted to get started with Demon's Souls. Good decision, because so far I'm liking most of it a lot.
>>375703323
That's a handy shortcut! Thanks a lot!
>>
Demon's Souls speed was so fun. If they ever remaster it, slow nothing down. Don't even touch the engine.

It was also insanely good with backstabs. The zero damage backstabs happened all the time but the backstabs that actually counted were always fair, unlike the other games.
>>
File: 1489443719635.png (58KB, 266x216px) Image search: [Google]
1489443719635.png
58KB, 266x216px
>>375703462
I keep forgetting spears exist in these games.
Adjucator is an ugly fuck with a cute friend, good luck on your playthrough.
>>
>>375683267
The Old Monk created that huge heart somehow, his own fabricated demons came out of it. Remember that when you destroy it more demons pour out of it.

And it was possibly tied to the Old Monk's life since he soon expires and the demon hat summons a new host.
>>
>>375703610
I suppose Adjucator is the boss I'll be facing next if I stay in the Shrine of Storms?
>>
>>375703865
Yes.
>>
>>375703929
Sounds sweet. I'm enjoying these bosses so far.
I especially enjoyed the armored spider, because that gave me Metroid Prime flashbacks and Metroid Prime is my favorite game.
>>
>>375701837
What makes blessed mirdan and dual katana push broken?
>>
>>375704159
Pseudo infinite stunlock.

Nothing about the "blessed" part was broken though people just blessed anything to get regen.,
>>
>>375704159
I can't remember mirdan myself to explain that anon's post, but 2kat had an infinite combo involving the push.

I was never a dex fag so I can't remember it. It was either R1, L1, push, repeat or R1, push, L1, repeat.
>>
>>375676185
WHat the fuck? There are PS3 emulators now?
>>
>>375704306
but what if the enemy poises through a R1?
>>
File: explodia.jpg (2KB, 125x95px) Image search: [Google]
explodia.jpg
2KB, 125x95px
>>375704159
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpbM_2Sq2c

Also the moveset of the mirdan hammer is difficult to deal with.
>>
File: 1485420094925.jpg (118KB, 957x1518px) Image search: [Google]
1485420094925.jpg
118KB, 957x1518px
>all those underage mustardshits who never played DeS and only got to experience the cowadootyfied games that came after
>>
>>375704420
Like yourself?
>>
File: Begone Satan.jpg (502KB, 1100x660px) Image search: [Google]
Begone Satan.jpg
502KB, 1100x660px
>>375704420
Don't mind me i just wanted to post this reaction pic.
Even if i have no idea of why i like satania.
>>
>>375704159

It's been so long but if I remember correctly the blessed mirdan was just too good. Easy to spam attacks that are hard to get around, blocking it eats up lots of stamina and I think faith damage partially goes through most shields. It also has health regen.
>>
>>375704376
lmao 2kat
>>
>>375704627
She is cute. Especially when they call her Satanya.
>>
File: 1478357437091.jpg (21KB, 236x312px) Image search: [Google]
1478357437091.jpg
21KB, 236x312px
>>375704643
Yeah that's exactly what i wanted to say in >>375704159
Blessed weapon were very good unlike darksouls 3.
>>
File: 2Kat.png (809KB, 526x1599px) Image search: [Google]
2Kat.png
809KB, 526x1599px
>>375704732
Self explanatory.
>>
File: stockpile-thomas-large.jpg (401KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stockpile-thomas-large.jpg
401KB, 1280x720px
You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.
>>
File: 1450536754666.jpg (61KB, 715x337px) Image search: [Google]
1450536754666.jpg
61KB, 715x337px
>>375704952
Best thing to come out of DeS.
>>
File: 1480067057949.png (590KB, 566x582px) Image search: [Google]
1480067057949.png
590KB, 566x582px
>>375704852
Cute, yes it might be.
Never watched the dragon maid show.
>>
>>375668493
It was garbage because it's not on pc
>>
>>375705104
She isn't from dragon maid. Gabriel dropout.
>>
>>375705298
Ok.
Thanks for telling me.
>>
File: 1478112809116.jpg (146KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1478112809116.jpg
146KB, 1440x810px
>>375668493
>get summoned as Old Monk
>9/10 hosts die to staircase phantoms
>>
File: 1491514632327.jpg (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1491514632327.jpg
666KB, 666x666px
>>375705104
>Never watched the dragon maid show
Good.
>>
>>375705634
>missing out on a good show
>good
You are a faggot, anon. Kyoani made a nice show at last and you tell him not to watch it.
>>
>>375705515
>get summoned as Old Monk
>one shot people who come through the fog door with your crazy damage buffs from equipment and fully upgraded Dragon Bone Smasher

best weapon in the entire series
>>
File: 1486880593147.png (382KB, 836x722px) Image search: [Google]
1486880593147.png
382KB, 836x722px
>>375705634
I'm not into anime anymore.
Last anime i somehow watched was High school of the dead.
>>
File: 1493488548691.jpg (70KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
1493488548691.jpg
70KB, 448x473px
>>375705812
>ever watching FOTM
>>
>>375695065
I think what I enjoy most about the DeS soundtrack is that a lot of it is really weird and sometimes downright atonal. It feels like it was composed by someone who doesn't know how to compose music, and I love that, it really adds to the atmosphere.

DaS and Bloodborne have great soundtracks too, but they're more conventional, I wish Bloodborne sounded more like Demon's Souls.

DaS 2 and 3 are too bombastic for my taste. It's all massive brassy blares and everything is drowned out in choral moaning.
>>
Demons Souls was the best souls game just because of scraping spears / old monk.
>>
>>375705924
>giving a fuck about what is fotm at the moment
>>
>>375705979
FOTM just means it's shit and not worth my time.
>>
>>375706203
>being le contrarian about anime
LMAOing @ ur life
>>
File: 1487101728491.gif (3MB, 250x258px) Image search: [Google]
1487101728491.gif
3MB, 250x258px
>>375706350
You got me.
>>
Who 2kat here?
>>
>>375703462
>trouble with skellies
You should try putting your spear away for a moment and hit them with your fist.
Surprising results.
>>
File: meat-cleaver-on-hand-large.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
meat-cleaver-on-hand-large.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>375706640
Sorry, I use actual weapons and not faggot shit.
>>
>>375708782
inb4 some faggot jumps in about how the Great Axe is objectively the best ultra weapon.
>>
>>375677343
World 1 is the Boletarian Palace, not the entirety of Boletaria.
>>
>>375708782
>>375708864
dbs for life
>>
>>375706640
The crescent and guillotine axes were my favorite weapons in DeS, shame the guillotine axe disappeared in the sequels and i don't even know what to say about that the bag of dicks they turned the crescent axe into.
>>
>>375674356
dont worry boys i got u
>>
>>375693012
The shield itself says the Crow is the Adjudicator's master, numb nuts. It is clearly making the distinction between crow and fat fuck, and it is labeling the fat fuck as Adjudicator.
>>
File: 1347138124897.jpg (64KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
1347138124897.jpg
64KB, 600x494px
>>375687034
best girl indeed
>>
>>375710181
That's not Baldwin
>>
File: 1346778827103.png (180KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1346778827103.png
180KB, 890x890px
>>375699715
>never having played godhand
>posting on /v/
I hope you get banned you little faggot
>>
File: 1461398033906.jpg (399KB, 800x965px) Image search: [Google]
1461398033906.jpg
399KB, 800x965px
>>375687034
This guy gets it
>>
>>375695280
Reminder that Filthy Woman was the only truthful citizen of the Swamp. She also reveals insight into Astrea. Astrea was doing what she saw as her duty, but secretly she despised the poor souls she was helping, that's why she fell into despair and so easily decided to join the Old One and prolong the suffering of the swamp's inhabitants.
>>
File: worlds.png (1MB, 1912x1024px) Image search: [Google]
worlds.png
1MB, 1912x1024px
>>375668984
That's just because you are playing after it's been dead for years which leads to a spooky feeling in multiplayer games. See Worlds.com
>>
>>375683720
>think he's going to be some badass assassin guy
>ends up being a stuttering nerd

One of the biggest surprises in the game, honestly.
>>
File: fb31c7968fd7221199bcb5bbf0d6b313.jpg (294KB, 779x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fb31c7968fd7221199bcb5bbf0d6b313.jpg
294KB, 779x1000px
>>375687034
Fool's Idol a cute, CUTE!
>>
>>375686274

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Makes the game less appealing to a certain type of person.

Also, Yuria is best girl.
>>
>>375711132
please don't type like that while talking about demon's souls
>>
>>375701416
where can I find more of this artist?
>>
File: 1462813257245.png (253KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1462813257245.png
253KB, 500x700px
Girls aside we can all agree this was the best guy right?
>>
>>375687767

>Miracles are dogshit

Second Chance, AntiMagic Field and Wrath of God disagree
>>
>>375711682
>Second Chance
>restores half of the hp if you die

literally the most op spell in the game.
>>
IT'S SO DEEP INSIDE MY ASS!

inside my ass

inside my ass
>>
>>375689745

Dragon God is fine. At that point most players just got done having their ass repeatedly handed to them by the Flamefucker so it wasn't a bad thing to deal with a slightly less intense boss fight.

And the first time you played him most people died a few times not realizing he could hear you or not knowing which columns to hide behind.
>>
>>375674356
kek
>>
>>375689745

The bugs were really put there just to slow you down and increase the chances of an invasion. Great idea when the game was at it's peak, awful and boring now that there is little chance of being invaded.
>>
File: IMG_2408.jpg (47KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2408.jpg
47KB, 500x566px
I recently finished DeS and now moving on to DaS1. Is it better unpatched or should I update it?
>>
>It's simple. Just bring me all the souls you can.
I don't know why but this line stuck with me so much more than everything else.
>>
>>375690159

Threw a party, nobody came.
>>
File: 1466724904964.jpg (212KB, 419x591px) Image search: [Google]
1466724904964.jpg
212KB, 419x591px
Post Demon's Souls general images.
>>
>>375690865

Holy shit that is cool!
>>
File: 1454412609716.jpg (34KB, 278x508px) Image search: [Google]
1454412609716.jpg
34KB, 278x508px
>>375712289
>>
File: 1491653627631.gif (487KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1491653627631.gif
487KB, 500x384px
>never owned a ps3
>there's still a souls adventure for me out there

the ps4 / PC port will be here any day now
>>
>>375691083

I hear what you're saying but one of those black phantoms is using the Penetrator's sword, and the one who's supposed to be Phalanx uses the Scraping Spear.

Alfred is probably THE Tower Knight, or it's possibly the Phalanx AND Tower Knight are both deformed aspects of Alfred, as that Black Phantom uses the Tower Shield as well.
>>
>>375712570
>pc

Sony owns the licence, no pc port will come
>>
>>375712163
Unpatched is harder but more buggy
>>
>>375692019

A name like "Legendary Big M" could only have come from the mind of a Japanese.
>>
>>375712570
Just stick to the other games, DeS is far weaker than the rest, don't fall for the nostalgiafag memes.
>>
File: f57.jpg (8KB, 261x216px) Image search: [Google]
f57.jpg
8KB, 261x216px
I played DaS1, 2 and BB before playing this, and I regret it, because by comparison from a gameplay point of view, it really doesn't hold up compared to those. Movement, and particularly rolling, feel really janky and stiff. I can't really explain it but I always felt like there was some kind of disconnect between me and the game, which isn't at all the case in the subsequent games.

Enemy AI was also really bad in parts, this is particularly bad in fights like Flamelurker, where he'd consistently get stuck in pillars and debris, and generally it's movement was really stiff and awkward. I can only imagine how bad this would seem after playing DaS3 where the bosses are smooth as butter.

Other than that though, it's great. The bosses were kind of easy compared to later instalments (other than the Maneaters though, gave me more trouble than possibly any soulsborne boss to date). PVP is much harder though, some of the areas are unforgiving as fuck, I'd put most DeS areas up there with Blighttown or the Catacombs.

So yeah, great game, hasn't aged very well.
>>
>>375712727
>nostalgia
>original release in 2009
>>
>>375687034
You forgot Yuria
>>
>>375712751
PvE, even.
>>
>>375712727
I'm more of an atmosphere fag when it comes to souls so I imagine that I'd like DeS even if it's weaker mechanically
>>
>>375692257

There's no Rune Sword in Latria.

Ostrava is Ostrava, he's still in body form when you meet him. When you meet him in 1-4 he's gotten to the tower before you and thinks his father is the False King (he's not. The real Allant is with the Old One, False King is a demon who took his form). Ostrava gives up hope and kills himself on those stairs in front of you, then comes back as a mindless black phantom and tries to kill you on the bridge before the elevator.

When you kill his black phantom form you get the Rune Shield and Sword.
>>
File: 1465099431424.png (24KB, 492x475px) Image search: [Google]
1465099431424.png
24KB, 492x475px
>>375712789
>can't be nostalgic for an 8 year old game
>>
>>375712570
Pretty sure it's available on the PS4 marketplace, but PS3 emulation is an option if you feel like waiting another few years.
>>
>>375712863
>There's no Rune Sword in Latria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAB4Dg6I5k4
>>
>>375712878
I really, really like this image. Mind if I save it?
>>
>>375668493

DeS is a world ineluctably descending into the abyss. You know you won't be able to stop it, just merely delay it (and it turns out, you might actually just have sped it along in the end). It really reeks of hopelessness throughout.

DaS is set after the "end of the world". It's already dead. It's not hopeless, rather it's filled with nostalgia.

That's what makes DeS stand apart in my opinion.

Thread soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9piElENpvmM
>>
>>375712789
/v/ is just that young
>>
>>375712289
>Patches tells me not to trust this man
He's probably a nice guy.
>>
>>375694752

"purity" is a great way to describe it.

The developers had no idea what they were going to get with Demon's Souls, so everything they did was a labor of love.

When it was time to make Dark, they pretty much knew what to expect. Not that they didn't make a great game, I consider Demon's and Dark both 10/10 games, but they're good in different ways.
>>
>>375696030

World tendency was a pretty shitty concept (well, the execution was shitty at least, the concept had potential). I'm glad they got rid of that and inventory burden for Dark Souls
>>
>>375694873

You are not alone. I agree.
>>
>>375712967
gay
>>
>>375695218

So Astrea went to Boletaria with Garl Vinland on a mission to see if they could ease the suffering of the people there. She wound up in the Valley of Defilement where the villagers were all losing their minds but her "holy aura" or whatever you wanted to call it, soothed them and kept them calm. She was able to help them but there were so many and things were just getting worse. Seeing the horrors of the Valley she decided either there was no God or God was much crueler than she had been lead to believe. She renounced her faith. Garl, who loved Astrea, would simply follow whatever she chose to do. Astrea set up shop at the point of the greatest suffering, aka the end of the swamp. This is where all the dead and diseased washed up as the people of the valley just started chucking them into the swamp, which eventually drained in to the river where Astrea is. This includes their babies that were either still born or born as Demon's, effected by the Deep Fog an all the soul-stuff going on.
When the church heard Astrea had renounced her faith, they sent others in to the Valley to either get her to reconsider or kill her for her blasphemy. None of those agents of the church made it out alive, either killed by the Valley itself or Garl Vinland.

The filthy old woman is not Astrea, she was a denizine of the Valley who was at one time considered very attractive so the men orbited around her. Once Astrea showed up they lost all interest. She is still kind of sane because she trades for souls. Remember, in the Demon's Soul lore holding on to Souls keeps you sane but the power can also twist you.
>>
>>375681137
I seem to recall the PC release genuinely ruining the community. It was a big deal at the time, but I'm not surprised you never heard about it.
>>
>>375711534
i found it on r34 palheal.
There was like 5 pic. This one was the only one postable here.
>>
Fundamentally the problem I have with Dark Souls is that it largely is just Demons Souls the Greatest Hits but by the cover band. And then halfway through the game they ran out of tracks to cover and decided to go all original but didn't have time to actually finish recording.

Even fatboy slim is just False King split into a two tier fight.
>>
>>375714179
no one cares
>>
>>375714253
You clearly do.
>>
>>375695690

As the game goes on the boss monsters become less mindless beasts and more spiritual or intelligent. Dragon God was an old "God" that the dwarves discovered while digging deep, Storm King was worshipped by the tribes of Shadowmen, the Old Monk was a human not too long ago, though a very corrupt one.

This all builds up to Astrea, who does not attack you and simply begs for you to leave her in peace. But you have to kill her because you need that soul.

Your character becomes more powerful and dangerous as the game goes on because you're absorbing so many tainted, corrupted souls. By the end it's possible that you are doing the wrong things. Invading people in their body forms, killing the Maiden in Black, killing Yurt who may have been summoned to assassinate the other powerful characters that are starting to go mad. Freke gives in to his madness and lust for power by the end of the game. Saint Urbain seems to not be evil, but his dialogue about hearing children wailing when the Old One approaches seems to suggest he might be losing his mind.

It's a fantastic fucking game and does "mysterious lore" far better than Dark Souls ever did.
>>
>>375705929
>a lot of it is really weird and sometimes downright atonal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm17vgmh854
>>
>>375714179

DaS improved certain aspects though. Its world building in particular is pretty amazing, DeS just wraps you around. I still don't understand why they fucked that up so badly in DaS2. DaS3 fares a bit better on that front but still not as good as DaS's tightly interwoven world.
>>
File: 1493411412443.gif (1MB, 350x191px) Image search: [Google]
1493411412443.gif
1MB, 350x191px
>>375711558

>Leave him behind for myhonorablesacrifice.jpg with dragons
>enter boss arena with low healing items, expecting to die
>SLAMS THROUGH THE WALL WITH HIS NEW SUMMER BLOCK BUSTER HIT: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
>Proceeds to roast the boss while I sit back and sip on some old spice.

>Umbasa..
>>
>>375714323
No, but I'm a little annoyed by the same guy trying to constantly start a flamewar
>>
>>375714436
>By the end it's possible that you are doing the wrong things
>killing the Maiden in Black

Why is this bad she is literally the reason why everything went to shit. She teached King Allant the Soul Arts.
>>
>>375714542
I don't know about that. Dark Souls 1 still suffers from pocket dimension syndrome where everything is way too close together. You're walking five feet and changing environmental biomes frequently enough for it to be silly.

Plus, prior to Artorias, the only zone I could honestly say had any mystique was the forest area especially when the moonlight butterfly came in. Probably because that was the first time something was allowed to look beautiful since Demons Souls wasn't allowed to have that.

Nothing ever reached the contrast magic of the moonlight sword embedded excalibur in the swamp creating the only pure place in the entirety of world 5 surrounded and worshipped by the slugs.

There was never a moment as grand as the first fight against the Storm King either and discovering the sky rending sword.
>>
>>375668984
This is horseshit DeS had the best community
>>
>>375668493

More importantly, why the fuck is Demon's Souls the only souls game to have a title screen intro?
>>
>>375714893
Des has literal pocket dimensions and you're complaining about Das being inconsistent?
>>
>>375713892
>>375714436
Interesting theory.
I just disagree about Yurt and mephistopheles, i don't have the right word now to explain, but my instinct told me to not trust either of them.

The same way he told me, afterward, that taking astrea soul was not the right thing to do but rather a bad thing that must be done.

(i'm>>375695218 and>>375695690 btw)
>>
>>375697251

>Most Demons Souls bosses are gimmicks

This is in no way shape or form true. The gimmick fights are

>Dragon God
>Maybe Storm King, MAYBE
>King Allant inside the Old One

I don't think you understand what a "gimmick" is. Bosses having unique attacks or abilities, like the Fool's Idol's clones and traps, Old Hero not being able to see you, Maneaters being two enemies, Old Monk summoning players to fight you, doesn't make it a "gimmick fight". You still use the same commands and abilities you do during normal game play.
>>
>>375715338
They're gimmicks. I think you don't want to admit it because you like it and it does lend them a certain charm, but still gimmicks
Something like man eaters I wouldn't call a gimmick, false idol definitely because she doesn't offer much challenge and there's not more to her besides clones and magic. Iron spider is maybe. Storm king is definitely.
>>
>>375715338
If it's not generic humans with shockwave attacks it's a gimmick.
>>
>>375699827

Don't be a bitch. Invasions are part of the game. And this is coming from a guy who since the game's release has never willingly invaded anyone.

I'd give anything to have Demon's back to it's peak of popularity, getting invaded and doing co op all the time...
>>
>>375668493
>DeS threads are always nice
>no one shitposting
>no consolewar or autistic ranking posts
>make a das1 thread because i really like it
>devolves into shitposting in 5 minutes
>make a das2 thread because i really like it
>devolves into shitposting in 5 minutes
>make a das3 thread because i kinda like it
>devolevs into shitposting in 5 minutes
>make a bb thread
>people falseflagging and consolewars
>>
>>375668493
Don't have much to add to what's already been said but I loved this game. Only played and beat it a couple years ago but it was such a unique gaming experience. The lore, atmosphere and characters blow every other souls game out of the water imo

Easily one of my top 10 games of all time
>>
>>375715883
The best fanbases are the almost dead ones
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 123

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.