[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just beat this game on my Xbox One... Is this... dare I say...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: ffxv.jpg (80KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv.jpg
80KB, 800x444px
Just beat this game on my Xbox One... Is this... dare I say... One of the best games of all time?
>all the dialogue with the bros really feels like you're bonding with them and their chemistry is amazingly real
>comfy af driving around, taking in the big open world and towns
>combat is actually fun when you truly understand it
>dat fucking leviathan boss... DAT FUCKING IFRIT FIGHT. Some of the most epic moments in gaming.
>Best ending of any video game ever. Eyes are still wet from crying.
>The whole world feels completely different once you get the flying car, it really feels like you earned it.

It's the best Final Fantasy, and damn well one of the finest video games ever crafted.
>>
You're not allowed to say nice things about FFXV on /v/.
>>
>Xbox One version
Mah nigga
>>
>xbox one
>using meme dots
>dat

Kys faggot
>>
>>375649089
I've been waiting to pick it up since I heard there's still dlc to come. Maybe I'll buy it soon instead of waiting for a GOTY edition if it hits $20
>>
BRUH THIS GAME DOPE AF SENPAI BEST GAME OF THE YEAR BRO COAT COMFIEST OF ALL TIME DUDE
>>
>>375649089
I thought it was decent too, but give it time to ferment
>>
>>375649089
It did make me cry, I admit. I tried finishing all the quests I could before heading to Altissia though, so I was seriously overlevelled for the endgame chapters.
>>
>>375649805
>dat

There was a time when >dat ass was /v/'s bread and butter, I'll have you know.
>>
File: what the shit.gif (2MB, 395x310px)
what the shit.gif
2MB, 395x310px
>>375651154
Finally, someone else who cried at FFXV. Someone who understands me.

What was it that finally broke you? Was it the endless one-at-a-time sidequests? Was it the uninspired music? Was it the tired and unimaginative gameplay? Was it Chapter 13? Tell me where you broke.
>>
>>375651335
Where I broke? I cried because the ending was sad. These were my bros.

The music is fantastic. Are you kidding me? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV4WBO_VN2g

I thought Chapter 13 a good change of pace. If anything, the chapters surrounding it were too short.

It had its flaws but it had heart, and that's been sorely missing from the FF series.
>>
>>375649089

Beautiful but empty.
>>
File: 1491051990128.webm (589KB, 730x310px) Image search: [Google]
1491051990128.webm
589KB, 730x310px
>>375649089
>one of the finest video games ever crafted.
>>
>>375651335
>you guys are just, the best.
shit was sad.

>>375651154
I got Weaving a Tapestry before going, Every story fight was a cakewalk.
>>
>>375649089
I wish i could've played it, I thought for like a year that they were going to release it on PC, and then i find out like 2 months before launch that was only a rumor...

hopefully it comes out eventually, it looks like a cool game, i wanna play it.
>>
>>375652027

>that webm

WHO IS MAKING THESE
>>
>Cactuar fight
>Prompto: "IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?"

Even FF characters can be FF fanboys.
>>
File: 1464339929750.gif (3MB, 800x352px)
1464339929750.gif
3MB, 800x352px
>>375652430
/co/ obviously its actually /tv/
>>
>>375649089
>>all the dialogue with the bros really feels like you're bonding with them and their chemistry is amazingly real
They're caricatures characterized by cheesy one liners
>>comfy af driving around, taking in the big open world and towns
It's big, but not much else.
>>combat is actually fun when you truly understand it
It's trash and practically plays itself with the worst item and magic systems in the series
>>dat fucking leviathan boss... DAT FUCKING IFRIT FIGHT. Some of the most epic moments in gaming.
Set pieces that were done better in Sonic fucking 06 that are mostly QTEs?
>>Best ending of any video game ever
forced drama every/main character dies ending wow so sad
>>The whole world feels completely different once you get the flying car, it really feels like you earned it.
If by different you mean its lack of variety stands out even more, then sure.
>>
>>375653143
Whoa there, tiger. You have feisty opinions. I'm not saying they're wrong, just you're so intense it's making my pants tight.
>>
>>375652430
NeoGAF
>>
File: latest[1].png (166KB, 337x425px)
latest[1].png
166KB, 337x425px
What game has better character interactions than Nier has with Weiss?
>>
>>375649089
Stopped reading at your first point.
The dialogue is so god damn repetitive it was more of a chore than anything.

Go shill somewhere else.
>>
>>375649089
Its a good game but ending feels super lame and easy
>>
I bought this game digitally on the Xbox One for $45 and stopped playing after Chapter 1 mainly because of my issue with the tiny fonts in the subtitles.

Should I wait until Scorpio to play it? How much has the game improved since release?
>>
>>375649089
I beat it recently as well its a good game but can you really say its one of the best.
The game is undoubtedly a lot of fun and has a nice comfy atmosphere but its pretty unremarkable in every other way the story is average gotta save the world and kill gods crap, the world building is serviceable but its nothing memorable
>>
Cried at what exactly? I had no idea what was going on. Though I didn't watch the movie or the anime. At least FF13 had an in game dictionary to explain shit.
>>
Should've scrapped the thrones scene at the end it was so tacked on in the last moment. The camp fire scene would've been a better ending and even that felt forced
>>
>>375649089
>that scripted shit
>that other scripted shit
>that particular scripted shit that is like a movie but it's not because I'm holding the controller and occasionally pressing B
>that other sub par sequence that couldn't even pass as a shitty B movie
>>
>>375655658
They added new game plus and increased the level cap to 120. That's about it in terms of stuff I care about. They added an option to unlock the framerate on PS4 Pro but it only runs 45fps, I doubt it would do better on Scorpion desu.
>>
I really didn't feel like going back to do the side quests unlocked after finishing the game due to that ending.

Unfortunately that's the best content in the entire game, or so I've been told.
>>
>>375649089
Game reminds me of MGSV. It would be amazing if it wasn't only half finished.
>>
>>375654345
>neogaf
>webm
LOL!
>>
Ignis was too good for this FF.
>>
>>375658603
They're not, 90% are cookie cutter generic fetch quests and go kill the thing variety. The only good quests in the game are the optional dungeons.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.