[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've only played Unity and I was really disappointed. All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

I've only played Unity and I was really disappointed. All the rankings I've looked at would have me believe ACII, Black Flag and Syndicate are worthwhile entries in a series I keep seeing made fun of.

What is /v/'s opinion on the series and which do you think are the good ones (if there are any)?
>>
>>375645904
They're all the same.
>>
I'm just replaying black flag on ps4 really enjoying it great pirate game more than an assassin game ac2 for the best assassin game?
>>
>>375645904
II and black flag. If you're hoping to follow any kind of cohesive plot though, give up now. And even black flag, the best one, is packed to the gills with incredibly boring filler. For a game about being an assassin, you really don't spend much time assassinating.
>>
Most of the opinions on this series are

1 was a Tech demo
2 All-around great game
3 - Brotherhood Great game, but started showing its flaws
4 - Revelations Started going downhill here with laziness and even worse flaws
AC 3 - Where I personally stopped with the series because I doubt the team that did this one knew what they wanted to do and it felt like shit slapped together hoping something would stick but turned out to be a mess

Didn't play the others after but 4 was well-received and after that point people became tired of yearly AC's and discussion of Unity and that other one weren't really discussed at all. No one discusses Liberation.
>>
>>375646168
Like i said before anon! Its a great pirate game!
>>
>>375645904
I only played 1 and 2 and will maybe buy the other two Edzio games when they are on sale on steam for 3€. The others don't apeal to me because of their historical periods.

I really like the historical setting and it's fun exploring the cities, but the gameplay and story are mostly garbage and extremely repetetive.
>>
2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 4, and Rogue are good.
>>
>>375646503

2, 3 and Rogue.

Only reason I say 3 is for the 'Present Day' storyline.
>>
Black Flag >>>>>>>> 2 > Bromance > 1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The rest
>>
>>375646353
I guess. It kind of just frustrates me though. It's not pirate-y enough OR assassin-y enough.
>>
>>375645904
>AC1
experimental game with probably the best story but worst mechanics. ubi realizes the potential from higher than expected sales and dumps a ton of money into making the sequel.

>AC2
mechanics improve drastically and ezio is a great mc i think this is the one where muh aliens came to shit up the story

>AC brotherhood
mechanics refined further game is becoming a bit repetitive and the new yearly release schedule is clearly shitting things up, basically meaningless story but still arguably peak of the series

>AC revelations
story finally progressed but it was bad. minor improvements across the board but yearly releases made it boring at this point.

>AC3
absolute shit. story was shit, buggy as fuck. people praised it simply because half assed side missions where you play pirate are refreshing for a series that is just repetitive as fuck at this point but you're supposed to be an assassin and they could have just made a goddam pirate game. personally, for me, this game made me quit the series.

>black flag
ubi being the lazy fucks they are know they'll be criticized for making a copy paste pirate game using asscreed engine and combat so they just force a pirate themed ac game.

it's been a while but i think it went something like that. after ac2 i thought it might grow to be my favorite series of all time. it did not and the rest was a huge dissapointment after brotherhood.
>>
>>375646657
I only liked 3 because of how viscous Conner fighting style was. Other than that, I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. Also why no 4?
>>
>>375646657
The present day storyline stopped being interesting after they went full retard with solar flare shit and ancient alien computer possession.
>>
1>=2>>Rev>BH>4>3

Didnt play the rest. Honestly just play the first one, its the only one where you actually plan out your assassinations and escapes. 2 is good but you might as well not play it because of how bad they fuck up the narrative
>>
AC1 is a gem that is not for everybody.
AC2 is a fucking masterpiece, it will show you whether you like the series or not.
Brotherhood is a good AC2 expansion.
Revelations is an expansion to the expansion. It's short and doesn't have a lot going for it other than the story I guess if you care about Ezio and Altair as well as Desmond.
AC3 is one of the worst fucking games ever made, fuck you.
AC4 was super fucking good and second only to AC2.
Unity and Syndicate are trash.

You should've started with 1. Unity is terrible.
>>
File: 3owzWliHvMqNHXC3Yc.gif (792KB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
3owzWliHvMqNHXC3Yc.gif
792KB, 480x204px
post yfw you think of poor Patrice and where the series would have been if he hadn't been fired for standing up to the ubishit overlords
>>
>>375646887

Because it was a mediocre pirate game they shoehorned a AssCreed plot into.

You can skip it and literally still understand everything about AssCreed lore.
>>
>>375645904
The story was at least mildly intriguing until the end of AC2, and after Brotherhood the whole series took a nosedive in polish, fun, and creativity. It's a waste of space and a bit of a shame. The series had potential at least, although I wouldn't rank any of them higher than a 7/10.
>>
>>375647201
this shit was one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard about
it's basically what happened with Kojima and Konami but much much worse, it even affected him personally because he was forced to make Brotherhood (it wasn't supposed to exist) and didn't have enough time for his newborn daughter.

But sometimes I think it was for the best. Dude's free now, got his own studio with friends and immediatelly started working on another game. He wanted to leave Ubishit anyway.
>>
>>375647547
Even if the overall story sucks, that moment where Minerva looks directly at you and starts talking to desmond was freaky as fuck and caught me off guard.
>>
of all video games, it's amazing the uniformity of opinion on the series that everyone on /v/ seems to have.

the only difference of opinion seems to be that some anons think black flag was the best because they wanted to play a pirate game and other anons agree that it was a decent game but it makes for a shit ac entry.
>>
Can we talk about the weird implications of 1?
>HP bar is "memory sync"
>Taking damage, falling, killing innocents, straying from history
>All effect your sync
>Implies Historic Altair was never hit a single time
>>
>>375647836
That caught me off guard too but Minerva's whole ancient race bullshit is still one of the worst, most retardedly convoluted ideas I've ever heard of for a plotline
>>
>>375648763
Agreed, the story was totally fucked and made no sense. I just didn't expect to get spooked like that. For as shitty as the story became at that point, that moment was perfect.
>>
>>375645975
2>4>Syndicate>Rouge>the rest
>>
>>375648680
>best assassin
>getting hit
>engaging in open combat at all

i believe that was the point. you were discouraged from engaging in open combat something that went away as the series progressed. ac1 is definitely the most assassin like ac game.
>>
>>375649212

Even in the Jack the Ripper DLC, you couldn't randomly kill NPCs because that wasn't his M.O.

I thought it was clever.
>>
>>375647053
The present day "story" was shit from he start and absoluetly nobody would have missed it if it hadn't been there.
>>
>>375649652
>The present day "story" was shit from he start
false
>nobody would have missed it if it hadn't been there.
it was unecessary and would have been a fine game without it but it added a whole other element to the story that was great until the end of ac2.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.