[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 18

REAL MORROWIND HOURS!

Let me start with a screenshot of my last character.

Levitate is amazing, why did they decide to cut it from Oblivion and Skyrim?
>>
im looking forward to playing skywind
>>
Because it undermines the whole exploration aspect by making hard to reach places not so hard to reach.

Nice quints, btw.
>>
Also, MGE is amazing.
>>
>>375600000
>00000

mw thread confirmed, post comfy morrowind lore and content
>>
>>375600000
What's this? Your first time playing Morrowind? What a noob.
I'd post a slowpoke pic but I just can't be arsed to download one.
>>
File: cd5.png (68KB, 230x300px)
cd5.png
68KB, 230x300px
Morrowind is 15 years old.
>>
>>375600237

still looking good after all those years, Morrowind ages quite well with a few shader mods and very slight bloom (some people hate it, but it has its place).

then again, I'm one of those people who think that Baldur's Gate II still looks good, while others are tell me that they can barely deal with the graphics of PoE...

you want a game that really aged like milk, graphics wise?
try replaying the original Neverwinter Nights
>>
File: 1486463470145.jpg (168KB, 800x582px)
1486463470145.jpg
168KB, 800x582px
Because for some reason they got the impression that gamebreaking magic ISN'T fun and not the best way to enjoy the game. It's hard to feel like a real wizard when teleporting around is the normal mode of transport and you can't fly wherever you please. It's a pity because It worked really well in Morrowind because a lot of dungeons had loot hidden it high crevices that rewarded either the magic skill, alchemical skill, or financial investment required to fly around and check every corner.

To be fair, it really fucked up the combat. There's really nothing most enemies can do if you stand a meter above their head and meme on them with a spear.

and as always
>OpenMW 1.0 when?
>>
>>375600083
>I wear heavy armor
>Wears glass.
>>
>>375600161
S E R M O N
1 4
>>
>>375600036
Isn't skywind dead?
>>
File: 1483069073180.jpg (88KB, 800x902px)
1483069073180.jpg
88KB, 800x902px
>>375600435
>Because for some reason they got the impression that gamebreaking magic ISN'T fun

Have you played Skyrim?

Because after becoming a literal god who is immune to magic and two-hitting everything to pieces thanks to enchanting and alchemy, I don't think that they cared much about gamebreaking mechanics like magic.

They went from an open world to a map where entire cities have become instances, which is the sole reason you can't fly around in OB and Skyrim, since you wouldn't be forced to properly enter the city cell through the door/gate trigger at the "real" entrance to a city.
>>
>>375600036
>being excited for anything other than OpenMW and pic related
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>375600782
Only way I know how to do that in Skyrim is restopot stacking which is clearly unintended.
>>
File: 1486448167181.jpg (524KB, 1920x1080px)
1486448167181.jpg
524KB, 1920x1080px
>>375600976
I really don't know about this. I hate MMOs but I'm so tempted just because more Morrowind.
>>
File: ESO vvardenfell.jpg (518KB, 2000x1880px) Image search: [Google]
ESO vvardenfell.jpg
518KB, 2000x1880px
>>375601164
It's legitimately the best unmodded Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind. Spellcrafting coming Q4 2017 too.

I'm in the beta, it's awesome
>>
File: Wizrad.png (3MB, 1920x1080px)
Wizrad.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>levitate while raining magic from above
my wizza.
Also works with summoning hordes of atronach, daedra, and undead, then turning invisible and watching them tear everything apart.
>>
Post a roll image god damnit
>>
>>375601220
Different anon.
I've been wanting to get into an MMO for awhile now and the only ones out are private servers or modern WoW clone shit.
How is this?
Is it free? Sub based?
>>
File: veloth.jpg (216KB, 1024x1351px)
veloth.jpg
216KB, 1024x1351px
>Pilgrim build roleplay
>can't use regular weapons, only operate a rusty steel crossbow
>Illusion/Restoration/Alchemy
>Calm everything every day
>make dank ass Levitate potions
>infused bolts for tough dudes
most fun playthrough I've had in years
>>
File: eso cyrodiil.jpg (297KB, 772x768px)
eso cyrodiil.jpg
297KB, 772x768px
>>375601767
buy2play but you can get base game for $9 and the Gold Edition which includes Imperial City+Orsinium+Thieves Guild+The Dark Brotherhood expansions for $22 off instant-gaming

I highly recommend the Gold Edition. That's easily 1500 hours worth of content and honestly I forget I'm playing an Elder Scrolls MMO when I'm playing solo.

The PVP is like Dark Age of Camelot where three factions fight over Cyrodiil, castle sieges and shit like that.
>>
>>375601220
>small Ashlander camps in the same spot for thousands of years

Bullshit.
>>
>>375603161
It's for gameplay purposes. Bethesda did placement right the first time, why fuck it up?
>>
I just can't do it. Maybe it's because my first Elder Scrolls was Oblivion but I just can't play Morrowind. I can't handle this level of clunkiness.

skywind pls hurry
>>
>>375602178
Is it even worth it to get the gold edition now if I'd have to pay more to get Morrowind, wouldn't they be releasing an updated 'complete' edition with all of them?
>>
>>375603476
Nope, Morrowind is base game+morrowind

If you buy ESO Gold + Morrowind digital you're spending $61 and getting everything instead of $60 for the base game+expansion.
>>
File: C93WZAMWsAAU0ht.jpg (65KB, 1200x675px)
C93WZAMWsAAU0ht.jpg
65KB, 1200x675px
>>375600000

Checked
>>
>>375600000
>Levitate is amazing, why did they decide to cut it from Oblivion and Skyrim?

Because it'd fucking break their lazy-as-fuck 'dungeon-design'.
>>
>>375603161
>same spot
To be fair if they're nomadic they probably have those spots marked out as ideal things. Like there are summer sites, winter sites, etc, and they just migrate between all of those and have been for centuries.
Also not all of them are in the same spot. Ald-Ruhn is an ashlander settlement in ESO.
>>
Is Elder Scrolls Online worth it?
I mean, its Free, but is it worth my time if I hated the original Beta?
>>
File: 1467216495766.jpg (49KB, 437x471px)
1467216495766.jpg
49KB, 437x471px
>>375600000
Damn.
>>
>>375603896

Its not free, it's 30 bucks.
>>
>>375603896
I HATED ESO back in beta

Now I have 2500 hours logged in. Totally worth revisiting. Seriously. Turnaround of the century.
>>
>>375600976
Why would anyone be excited for this? The base game is shit; why would an expansion be any different? It's a milking machine. It's better than Korean MMOs, I guess.
>>
>>375603896
Pretty much everything gameplay wise since the beta has been overhauled or done away with.
>>
>>375603830
>Ald-Ruhn is an ashlander settlement in ESO.

Okay, but how?
>>
>>375604187
Skarr, the emperor crab, was hunted down by a ton of Ashlander.
However, it was a Redoran who got the killing blow. But he was then secretly killed.
The ghosts of his ancestors demand and get concessions, the Redoran are allowed to settle Ald'Ruhn, but in exchange Ashlanders are allowed some privileges in the city.

Ever notice how in Morrowind Ald'Ruhn has a lot more ashlanders than any other city?
>>
>want to give ESO a try
>would eventually be getting the Morrowind expansion
>haven't played original Morrowind because of the clunky age barrier draining any interest and momentum in playing past the first hour
>would be ruining the chance to experience all the recognition of old aspects recreated in modern graphics by playing ESO:Morrowind first
Shit
>>
>>375604432
The game works without muh nostalgia

It's simply a really cool environment with some strange lore that isn't derivative Tolkien fantasy shit.
>>
File: kjjhkghkjghkj.jpg (185KB, 934x734px)
kjjhkghkjghkj.jpg
185KB, 934x734px
>COME PLAY TESO, GUYS
>ITS TOTALLY FREE!

nice try
>>
>>375604825
>retard says it's free
>other people correct him

He probably meant its buy2play and once you have it you can play at any time.

You can get it for 9 dollars (base game) or $22 for Imperial City/Orsinium/Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood expansion DLCs. If you're interested, go get it, if not, whatever, not like I'm a Zenimax stockholder.
>>
So, is TESO like Guild Wars 2 where you can just hop on and off whenever you like and still be competitive or is it more similar to WoW where you have to constantly grind instances to get the best gear available?
>>
>>375605143
ESO has a hard gear cap that won't raise so you can get up to the cap, leave for 5 years and come back and be just as viable as the day you left.

It's far more like Guild Wars 1 than Guild Wars 2 is ironically.
>>
>>375604825
that's the premium membership (you get some perks like material-specific bank and other shit)
if I remember correctly, the base game was free for a week or so, normally it costs just 10$ or something
>>
Is that new class they're adding only in Morrowind or can anyone play it?
>>
>>375605558
Exclusive to Morrowind and the class is really fun
>>
>>375605549
It gets you perks and it gets you all the DLCs (not Morrowind, that's a boxed expansion) while you're subscribed

I just recommend getting the gold edition and befriending a craftersperg
>>
>>375600782
You can become OP in Skyrim as well but OP in the most boring way which is just damage resistance + really high damage as opposed to Morrowind where you can become a bomber airplane and shoot magical nukes at cities
>>
>>375604825
Stop being a retard
Getting subbed for DLC's is terrible since you get locked out once you stop paying but it does get you free access to all succeeding DLC's.
One picks to sub only for the crafting bag that can hold infinite amounts of crafting materials. Buying the Gold Edition gives you infinite access but only to the first four DLC's. Not all extra content are considered DLC's like Morrowind.
Pick your fucking poison but stop being a retard.
It's best to not buy it at all.
>>
why doesn't ESO have maid outfit

why cant i be lusty argonian maid
>>
>>375605606
Is Morrowind™ out already? I've loved playing a Ranger in GW1 and I've loved the old Morrowind. Maybe I'll get into it.
>>
File: Draked.jpg (178KB, 736x1036px)
Draked.jpg
178KB, 736x1036px
If I want to try TESO how badly will I be shooting myself in the foot if I don't get the gold edition? Will it commit me to paying whatever the retail is for the dlcs if I do end up liking it or is there a way to pick them up cheap individually or as a package?
>>
>>375606356
Next month

>>375606450
Nope. Get the Gold Edition outright for 22$. You're already getting a steal since it's less than the base games normal price.
>>
>>375606450
I got the standard edition ages ago and from what I've seen it's not possible to upgrade to the Gold Edition through Bethesda's shop or keys, which means buying all the DLC individually with their meme currency for full price. I never played it that much so I guess getting a new account with the Gold Edition would be the way to go.
>>
>>375606649
But you can play as a Warden already or is there a beta I'm not aware of?
>>
>>375606764
There's a beta under strict NDA

>>375606687
You can upgrade with a retail key. I just don't recommend it since you'll be spending more money. Just get the Gold Edition.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.