[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate this stupid game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: xcom2.jpg (529KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xcom2.jpg
529KB, 2560x1080px
Why do the dummies who wrote XCOM 2 hate their customers? Did they not want the player to have fun?

The time limit imposed by the AVATAR Project is a lazy, artificial way to create tension. The player is already pulled in a million directions just running the ship and dealing with casualties, and now I have to go do whole sets of other missions just so the AI doesn't get to press an "I WIN" button?

Fuck this stupid game and fuck Firaxis. I want Julian Gollop back, he knew what he was doing.
>>
Install the mod breh
>>
>>374776008
>Julian Gollop
http://www.phoenixpoint.info/
Let's hope it's good.
>>
>>374776008
Certain events will reverse progress for the AVATAR project. The trick is to get to one of those events and then keep the mission shelved until the AVATAR project is full. Then you can do the mission to break the countdown. In the meantime, give no fucks about AVATAR breakthroughs and just keep teching up.
>>
>>374776194
Subscribed and sending them my resume.
>>
>>374776008
>"I want my games to be linear affairs with no dangers or defeat conditions"

/v/ is fucking trash.
>>
>>374777075
What?
>>
>>374777398
that's not what he said idiota.
>>
>>374777570
He LITERALLY implied that
>>
>>374776008
>Whole sets
There are about 10 objectives in the main questline, and at least half of them are done in missions.

Vanilla XCOM 2 has a problem of too LITTLE missions, not too much, even on I/I.
>>
File: 1492390734351.jpg (200KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1492390734351.jpg
200KB, 717x880px
>>374777621
>>
>>374777727
idiot
>>
>>374777937
lol, keep getting trolled bro
>>
>>374778372
lol :)
>>
>>374776008

I don't understand the problem people have with the Avatar project timer in vanilla.

It is so easy to reverse, you just have to do a story objective once in a while. It's basically just there to nudge you to complete the campaign.
>>
OP is casual faggot confirmed
>>
Everything that OP is whining about is what made me love XCOM 2.
>>
>>374778694
This, Beags was already cheesing it before fucking release.
>>
File: resist.jpg (679KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
resist.jpg
679KB, 2560x1080px
>>374777398
l 2 read u mongrel ape

The player could easily lose in the original XCOM, and the costs of some missions were steep. You could lose whole squads or some of your XCOM bases could be destroyed and you will still have a chance of winning. The alien invasion just ramped up until you were constantly being attacked by Battleship UFOs. Even if you had base defenses, you would eventually be unable to field your ships and your Elerium would dwindle to nothing and then it would be over. This was brilliant. It was a curve you could check in a number of ways: by doing more missions, scrounging more Elerium, keeping nations happy and spending wisely to keep the skies clear before the aliens could get many footholds.

XCOM 2 rewards diligence with more fucking missions than you have time/resource for, and the curve is constantly moving ahead of you. Oh, you got a continent bonus? Guess what, it means jack shit because the aliens are EVERYWHERE and they tech up as you do. The player is limited to one mobile base that must choose between spending time managing a resistance network with a bunch of artificial limits (oooh, we're out of radios) or actually fighting the aliens.

The AVATAR Project is just a stupid, unnecessary timer that you can wind back but inevitably have to deal with. In a game that makes you fight for every scrap of advantage, it's just dumb.

Also the DLCs have monsters that perform an action every time any one of your soldiers uses an action. How fucking stupid.

I hate this game.
>>
>>374778958
>>374778885
>>374778694
>>374777682
>>374777398
>>374779131

Firaxis shills GET OUT REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>374779316
>Playing any nu-XCOM

Shiggy diggy
>>
File: 1491103249124.png (66KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491103249124.png
66KB, 554x400px
>he fell for the nux-com meme
>>
>>374779646
>X-Com: the game becomes unwinnable if you dick around too much
>XCOM 2: the game becomes unwinnable if you dick around too much

I fail to see the problem here.
>>
>>374779131

IIRC initially the Avatar countdown (i.e. the month you get to reduce the doomclock before ADVENT wins) would reset everytime so it was easier to cheese.
>>
>>374776068
what mod?
>>
>>374779316
Squadwipes are still a thing and they still don't fuck your campaign unless you're retarded (which could happen in OG XCOM as well).

You're probably playing it safe as fuck and getting mad the game is moving right ahead of you, if you have a minimum of planning you can get your first continent bonus in the first month, the AVATAR project can be postponed forever by assaulting black facilites and Ayyy Rulers get locked behind mission until YOU do it, until YOU wanna take on them, and the game gives you weapons to deal with them by what, day 3? In my last campaign (first with LW2) I avoided their mission until I had full magnetic and I would just kill them when they showed up, Archon dude couldn't even HURT any soldier.

If you play XCOM2 like you'd play UFO Defense, of course you'll get fucked. If you play Tekken like it's SF you'll do too and no one thinks this is a problem for any of the games, I don't get why this applies to XCOM as well.

>>374780290
Yeah, but it was doable in release builds, I had a bit of an autist rush when playing my first campaign and only finished the game once I had at least two majors for each class to test skills and so on and I'd just fuck some black site up and get me some sweet beep downs.

Sometimes I'm baffled by /v/ thinking they can trick anyone they played UFO, the shit they complain about new XCOM is present in the original games as well.
>>
>>374780584
There are like 5 different mods that range from removing the timer and avatar project to balancing it out differently.
>>
>>374780592
>I avoided their mission until I had full magnetic

So you weren't actually playing the game, then?

I'm a month in and still have basic bitch weapons and no armor because I'm choosing the research and missions the game says are important to defeating the aliens. Being a Commander of good conscience I should do those things first, right?

Fuck, this game is such a disappointment.
>>
>>374781195
Jesus Christ, you've fucking bugged me here in how many directions you're wrong at the same time.
So, if I DO those missions BEFORE I'm propperly equipped it's the game's fault.
If I WAIT until I can deal with the ayyy rulers, I wasn't playing.

A month in you will probably have basic armor and weapons, but you probably also have resistance comms and radio, which is what you need for continent bonuses, and it's important as fuck to get skulljacks and weapon mods working early, but if you decide to go laser / mag weapons first, you won't game over either unless you're very bad.
>>
>>374780592
>and Ayyy Rulers get locked behind mission until YOU do it, until YOU wanna take on them

A new player can easily be tricked by the "disable DLC" option when they start a campaign and have a ruler come and fuck their rookies up in April.

Tbh the rulers are really unbalanced. You can either wait forever and have them be trivial (which feels like cheating), or do it early and have really ridiculous missions. And the gear and weapons you get also feel too OP.
>>
>>374781646
Granted, I didn't know that, I thought disabling the DLC would just disable the rulers, but I've never played without the DLC after it came out.

Also, I feel a lot of hate for EVERY iteration of XCOM comes from "I can't deal with game overs because I'm a little bitch". Stop getting so buttblasted over losing and the games become 10x times better. I mean, yesterday I started a new campaign out of boredom with my main one, and I was already half-game by then.
>>
>>374780592
>The shit they complain about is in the original as well

Nah. Maybe weapons missing but then the gunfire doesn't just magically evaporate cause it missed, it pops the environment or another character in the area. The rest of it is a fucked up boardgame compared to the alien warfare sim that was UFO Defense.
>>
>>374782256
Weapons cause enviromental damage when they miss in XCOM 2 as well, but there's two problems: one is most of the time your weapons won't do shit besides turning a full to half a cover, and sometimes the game seems to forget this a lot of the time.

Now, for reality purposes, grab an assault rifle, unload it on a concrete wall and see if it completely falls down or if it's just sprinkled with holes now.
>>
>>374781584
>implying the player can know when they are "ready" or even aware of the Ayyys methods/progress ahead of time
>>
If you can't beat Vanilla XCOM 2 on Ironman Legend with minimal to no casualties you're bad at the game, its as simple as that. Vanilla XCOM 2 is the easiest game in the series primarily because of the AI shackles and strength of explosives.
If you're not terrible at managing the Avenger and the map the AVATAR Project is a fucking non-issue. I can't count how many times I let it fill to the timer because I can reduce it at anytime I want to, instead using the time to get ahead on tech and steamroll the facilities anytime I need to.
>>
>>374782462
Assault rifles don't take out walls in UFO Defense unless you spend turns unloading on it you mong. The weapons have different damage values to the environment. A heavy drywall kills walls quickly, a laser may do so as well, a rocket blows up lots of shit. More importantly: yes, take an assault rifle to some fucking drywall and tell me how it looks after. Shit take it to some brick even. Have you even played UFO Defense? Shut the fuck up. Your game is for babbys.
>>
>>374776194
Sadly, he couldn't find a publisher afer a year working on PP. I really think it will be great.
>>
>>374782579
>What is avatar Beep Counter
>What is the fucking DESCRIPTION OF THE DLC WHICH IS AROUND POWERFUL BOSS UNITS

>>374782689
That's why plasma weapons and heavy machine guns will quite often turn walls, trees and other more fragile enviroment into half cover instead of full.

I don't think I've ever seen half cover get destructed by anything other than explosives or that gunner perk that wrecks cover though, I'll give you that.

Now, you must give me you're fucking bad at this game and never played any other TPS in your life, if you've really managed to beat UFO Defense you should be able to fucking wreck anything X2 has to offer.
>>
>>374778885
Nu-XCOM is casual though.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.