[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

buyfags cannot argue this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: TRUTH.jpg (194KB, 556x1445px) Image search: [Google]
TRUTH.jpg
194KB, 556x1445px
buyfags cannot argue this
>>
I pirate because I like free shit, that's all there is to it, don't care about the morals or economics of it.
>>
>>373368863
no risks ever thats how ill live my life
>>
>>373368863
I pirate because devs cannot be bothered to make good singleplayer anymore so why the fuck should I pay?

I still buy game series that generally have good singeplayer like GTA, STALKER and Borderlands.

All of gaming is going down the shitter, your shit games are not worth £40. Battlefield 1 was like a shit thrown in my face, who the fuck spends that long making a game for it to have a mediocre 6 hour campaign?
>>
>>373368863
the only games i buy on release are the ones i know i'll want to have played asap whether it ends up being bad or not, like a new zelda or souls game.
everything else i can just look up basic info before i buy, such as if it's buggy or not.

it's awkward when people who pirate everything are constantly trying to justify their obviously wrong behavior.
>>
>>373368863
>I'll pay for it later if I like it
>lying
>>
>>373368863
>i'm going to make a copy of your commercial software but it's not stealing because it's not a physical thing i can touch hurr durr
kys communist scum
>>
File: 43575466.jpg.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
43575466.jpg.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>373368863
>Has the power to copy things
>Uses that power to copy an $80 mystery box
>>
>>373370176
>borderlands
>good singleplayer

sick meme
>>
seriously why dont developers make demos anymore ??
i figured people would be able to get a feel if they like a game if there were demos that were widely available besides the video game section at walmart and gamestop
>>
>>373370738
Because games are able to sell millions of copies on hype alone nowadays. They don't need demos to sell well.
>>
File: 1475088922958.jpg (222KB, 661x601px) Image search: [Google]
1475088922958.jpg
222KB, 661x601px
>>
>>373370176
When the fuck did Battlefield ever have a good campaign?
>>
File: NON-PIRATEFAG(JEW) BTFO.png (94KB, 640x2260px) Image search: [Google]
NON-PIRATEFAG(JEW) BTFO.png
94KB, 640x2260px
>>373368863
Good games = Free publicity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI

Shit games = Lost sales.
Easy as that.
Oh and salty buyfag will ignore this post as usual because they tends to ignore reality. And pretend being retarded equals being rich.
>>
File: 1491703555193.gif (430KB, 203x230px) Image search: [Google]
1491703555193.gif
430KB, 203x230px
Imo pirating is acceptable only for old games that you can only obtain legitimately from overpriced sellers from Amazon or something. If the company is gone or defunct then it's free game
>>
>>373369197
FPBP
ill never understand the point of buyfags on /v/, im never going to be convinced to not pirate, i enjoy free games, simple as.
>>
>>373371009
This, the term "abandonware" is perfect for cases like these.
>>
File: 1465055981951.jpg (80KB, 556x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1465055981951.jpg
80KB, 556x1445px
why do you guys think your shit is better than the original
>>
>>373370685
If pirates had any marketable skills they wouldn't be pirates.
They act like they do something that takes more than 3 brain cells to do but even then they're still reaping the fruits of someone else's crack, nothing they do requires any thought.
>>
>>373368863
>plus tax
>no plus tip
>>
>>373368863

I've only ever pirated once, and that was to fix a problem with the game the developers wouldn't later fix for an entire month.

Skyrim patch 1.01, the backwards flying invincible dragons bug. It was also the same patch that broke several parts of the main quest and wouldn't allow you to progress the game. I bought Skyrim legitimately. At the time, Steam didn't allow you to roll back to previous versions of the game, and Bethesda was taking weeks (ended up being just over a month for them to fix their fuck up) to fix this shit, so I pirated version 1.00 so I could continue playing the game I paid for.
>>
>>373369197
>>
>>373370885
>food analogy
>>
>>373371192
i always love how the seller doesn't even do anything, he just sits there and says "O-okay", lmao
>>
>>373370738

They don't want you to realize the game is shallow as fuck. Why do you think they don't issue refunds any more? Refunds used to be a thing. If you didn't like the game, you could take it back.
>>
This.
>>
I only pirate shit if I feel like its overpriced, its easy to pirate, and the dev is too dumb to put DRM on it. I realize I'm an immoral piece of shit for it though
>>
>tfw I pirate as many games as possible
>i actually buy it if this isn't possible, i.e. multiplayer games and denuvo games

maximum enjoyment
>>
>>373370464
I bought Xenoverse after pirating it
>>
>>373371443
It also doesnt help that studios invest millions into games for no reason other than to compete against other titles graphically or with marketing.
>>
>>373369197
This. I don't understand why the majority of nigger pirates on this website have to do mental gymnastics to try to justify pirating.

I know it's fucking wrong. I don't care. The desire of free shit with no consequences (unless you're actually retarded), definitely outweighs the morals of it.
>>
>pirate mount and blade
>shit was legit
>buy it
>pirate thi4f
>it's dog shit
>uninstall.exe

OPs comic does have some validity
>>
>>373369197
>I'm on welfare because I like free shit, that's all there is to it, don't care about the morals or economics of it.

You are a worthless NPC in this world
>>
>>373371656

Most AAA marketing budgets exceed the cost of development of the actual game these days. Publishers have realized they can sell bad, broken and shitty games on hype alone. What completely baffles me is why people continue to buy into this having been burned by these tactics in the past. I just don't understand how people can be so stupid.
>>
>canadabux
>>
>>373371219
You don't need a lot of brains to see the benefits of getting something for free
>>
>>373371808
You know how you can hand a 5 year old the player 2 controller and they'll have no clue you're actually playing for them? Most people don't actually ever get any more cognizant than their five year old selves. As long as they can push buttons and things happen and it's the next big thing they couldn't give two shits less about what "good vidja" is.
>>
File: 1491698710410.gif (1MB, 346x261px) Image search: [Google]
1491698710410.gif
1MB, 346x261px
>>373371009
>free game
>>
>>373371494
>Buying Denuvo games

I don't really have a stake in the pirate war faggotry, but it seems like all the games with Denuvo have been irredemable trash, with the exception of D44M, and I haven't played it but apparently the NieR game is good.
>>
>>373372117
Why is she so cute? I fell in love the first time I saw her
>>
File: hahahahaha.jpg (42KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahaha.jpg
42KB, 365x450px
>>373371192
Reality

> hello sir welcome to my store
> i'd like to buy this bike please
> that will be $79 plus tax
> a day later
> this bike rides like shit, I want my money back
> sorry you already used it I can buy it back for $15
> bicycle goes "pre-owned" for $69
>>
>>373370983
>achknowledged
>>
>>373368863
>walk into local book store
>"hello sir, i'm going to take this just-released bestseller home with me to read and i'll pay for it later if i like it. it's ok because it's just a copy so you don't lose a sale."
>>
The thing about piracy is, in the short term, it is definitely harmful to content creators. Although remember that one instance of piracy does not equal one sale in an alternate universe with no piracy. It is also good in the short-term for consumers for purposes such as compatibility testing, demoing, or securing a drm-free copy of media already purchased.

In the long-term, however, piracy becomes the most effective measure to keep games playable. Check out the "games with anti-piracy measures" category on TCRF.net sometime, the Amiga games especially. Developers on Amiga got extremely pissed at software pirates trying to crack their games, but these days the reason the vast majority of these games are still playable is because of pirates. A retroactive fuck you to all the Amiga devs who adopted this attitude.

That is why I loathe anti-piracy, even though I buy my shit anyway. If there ever existed a perfect anti-piracy method and many games adopted it, that would mean there would be a huge section of games future archivists couldn't save for future generations. As soon as the servers shut down, as soon as the copyright holders stop giving a shit, as soon as all of the hardware degrades, even after the games have long entered the public domain, gone. You could play anything from Magnavox Odyssey to the eighth generation, a huge blank space, and whatever was made in the last ten years or so.

Imagine if this happened with movies. Imagine if every movie in the 70s, 80s, and 90s could no longer be played. People would not stand for that shit. If the movie industry had a collective aneurysm and decided to stop distributing movies in those three decades but continue to enforce their copyright, moviegoers would throw a fucking fit. Movies are an old enough media that people have respect for it. Video games are juvenile and unfortunately so when the majority of their consumers don't respect it enough to want to preserve it when it's most at danger from being lost.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.