[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smash Bros Picked Over Street Fighter V for Evo Japan's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 20

File: uRqm832.png (1MB, 970x937px) Image search: [Google]
uRqm832.png
1MB, 970x937px
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/smash-bros-picked-over-street-fighter-v-for-evo-japans-sai-tournament

>Back in the middle of March, Evo Japan organizers announced that three games would be featured in their pre-tournament, entitled [sài]. The event was planned as a showcase event ahead of Evo Japan 2018, taking place on May 20-21, 2017. At the time, Tekken 7: Fated Retribution and Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 comprised two of the three games featured at the event. Organizers also said that Street Fighter V would not be the third game.

>Today, they've revealed that the third game will be Super Smash Bros for Wii U! The speculation previously was that SFV was missing the boat because it wasn't an arcade game in a region where the best players play in arcades. Super Smash Bros' inclusion means that wasn't the issue and perhaps tournament organizers (and the community) are simply lukewarm on Capcom's latest.

Can Capcom ever get a break?
>>
I just feel sorry for the people behind SFV. They seem to really care and try to help competition, but they just don't know how it works I guess. Ultra sucked dick but it was still popular. I don't know what went wrong V.
>>
File: Sony_Fan_At_E3_2016.webm (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sony_Fan_At_E3_2016.webm
2MB, 1024x768px
>A game that was built from the ground up to try and be a competitive fighter gets its slot taken at a fighting game tournament by a game widely considered as a party game which has a creator who doesn't even like the games being played competitively
>>
>>372840789
>They seem to really care

I didn't get that impression at all.
>>
How did SFV end up being such a fucking disaster?
>>
>>372842424
Rushed out the door early for the tourney players and completely neglected any good single player experience the casual crowd needs/wants, which is by far the larger demographic than the EVO people.
>>
>>372842424
Because Capcom doesn't remember how to make good fighter any more.
>>
>>372842665
>>372842424

here is the kicker

they dumbed down the game fr causal while at the same time only launching with competitive option in the game

capcom is fucking retarded
>>
SF V has enough japanese tournaments already and is by far the most played game (by adults, anyway) by far anyway - with good reason.

Maybe Nintendo payed these guys off. Maybe Nintendo wants to get in on the competitive fighting game scene.
>>
>>372841091
Never underestimate the brainless, unquestioning loyalty of Nintendo fans.
>>
Well at least it isn't Melee
>>
It wasn't picked because of a licensing problem. SFV is an exclusive at a particular arcade franchise and the tourney is being played at a different one. The writer should do his research.
>>
>>372840789
>Ultra sucked dick but it was still popular. I don't know what went wrong V.
It sold more than Ultra and is played by more people?
>>
>>372841091
goes to show how much they fucked up SFV
>>
>>372840789
>I don't know what went wrong V.
1 MAN OPERATION
>>
>>372843314
>arcade exclusives
...that's a new one.

Didn't even know SF V had an arcade version.
>>
>>372840434
smash is more casual friendly, not as toxic.

The SF community is toxic elitist has been that way for a while i remember MVC2 in the day some guys were just pricks, then they would hissy fit like no tomorrow when they lost at tournaments
>>
LOL nice bait thread

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/mar/20/street-fighter-5-will-not-be-sai-may-lead-tournament-evo-japan-2018-negotiations-still-being-held-it-appear-main-event/

SFV won't be in it because of licensing issues.
>>
>>372843504
hi capcom
>>
>>372843457

Yeah, they are retarded for not making it a wide release. I find the fact that almost every decision they made with this game has been disastrous suspicious. Like they actually wanted the game to fail.
>>
>>372843538
hi netherrealms
>>
>>372840434
I hate Smash but you can't disagree that it's more entertaining to watch.
>>
>>372843496
>Smash community
>Not as toxic

Gonna have to disagree with you there.
>>
>>372840789
Fuck them. If they cared it wouldn't be a PS4 exclusive. I'm glad this shitty game bombed and maybe next time Capcom won't put the game exclusively on a system that fighting game fans don't give a fuck about.
>>
>>372843743
Oh yeah, this.

Smash fans are as autistic as they are juvenile.
>>
>>372840434
Reminder that the "dark" ages are propaganda by capcom fanatics. That period had a ton of awesome fighting games and a lot of people enjoyng them with friends.
Fuck capcom
They are holding back the genre and the fgc.
>>
>>372843807
...so what system do you think fighting game fans DO care about, smart alec?
>>
>>372843695

I can, actually. I respect your opinion, though.
>>
>>372841091
>widely considered
Only by mouthbreathers that still yell 12 year old console war memes.
>>
>>372843921
t. anime shill
>>
>>372840789
the game was rushed out in a half-finished state because of capcoms forced tournament scene and theyve been limping ever since
the game just needs to be finished, they need to stop dragging their feet and actually do shit that make the game look and feel more like a completed product rather than shitting out one patch a year and attempting to reap microtransaction bux through staggered character releases that are just as sad and incomplete as the preexisting roster, if not more so
things that shouldve been done ages ago like model adjustments and animation reworks still arent being touched, or are being so half-assed that the end result is even worse than what its meant to replace, and more complicated things like adding qol features for the sake of online/tournament play havent even been talked about

like i dont even care about the balance decisions theyre making, the game is gonna get played no matter how broken it is, ill fucking live with it, but the current state of the game feature-wise is a fucking embarrassment, they need to step it up so it doesnt feel like a genuine chore rather than a fun game
>>
>>372843921
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>372843457
It does not have an arcade version. They announced one but that is quite literally the pc version in a cab.
>>
wtf r/kappa told me smash garbage wouldnt be at evo japan
>>
File: oh.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
oh.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>372841091
>>
>lower the skill ceiling much more than raise the skill floor
>refuse to bring back sf3 parrys despite them fitting in perfectly with the core mechanics
>instead give us a meme bar and give each character a gimmick
>input lag up the ass
Serves them right. Capcom has proven they're incapable of making a proper sequal, and no matter how much they shove their shit into esports it won't help them.
>>
>>372844028

They have no budget to fix anything. Capcom gave their third best-selling IP pennies in development, and the poor recepton has probably made them more stingy.
>>
>>372843921
>That period had a ton of awesome fighting games
Not it didn't. They were all shit, including games that came from Capcom.

Go ahead and name a good game from that era. Every one you will name is unga bunga bullshit with no zoning.
>>
>>372844268

>bring back third strike parrys

Now that would have made even less popular. Turd Strike faggots are delusional.
>>
>>372843743
Both have assholes
FGC just has bigger ones at lower levels while Smash has them at higher levels
>>
>>372844028
It actually seems like the game takes a fuckload of work.

I mean the combat system is amazing and the game is already a ton of fun to play but adding all the ancillary stuff seems remarkably time consuming.

If Netherrealms can do it that means SF V has a much smaller team. Which means SF V couldn't have cost THAT much. And casual sales here or there, there aren's more people playing Mortal Kombat XL. And there won't be more people playing Injustice 2 either (Tekken 7 will be very interesting).

So I think SF V is doing just fine, they make money well enough selling DLC.
>>
>>372844413
KOF2002
>>
>>372844413
Guilty Gear from X onward.
>>
>>372844604
>KOF
>Zoning
No. It's unga bunga rushdown only game for low IQ people.
>>
>>372844268
All those things you listed make SF V a great game.
>>
>>372843271
>>372844161
I will never get tired of the butthurt fighting game fans put out over Smash. I don't even watch any tournaments or anything, it's just pure comedy to watch.
>>
>>372844658
Not him but why do you talk about games you clearly don't understand?

Do you think you'll not encounter a single actual KoF player with a basic grasp of any game in the franchise and be able to slip by?
>>
File: sfv_fail.jpg (83KB, 449x280px) Image search: [Google]
sfv_fail.jpg
83KB, 449x280px
>>372840434
shitware deserves to be ostracised
>>
>>372844469
Give me one good reason why it would be a bad idea
>>
haha
>>
>>372841091
>built from the ground up to try and be a competitive fighter
>try

Keyword there. Game deserves all the hate it gets, and apparently that has finally transitioned into it not getting coverage.
>>
>>372840434
>Super Smash Bros for Wii U!

WHAT? Is this a fucking JOKE!? Why not melee over this casual tr4sh garbage?
>>
>>372844762
Post a video of top KOF2002 tournament play where someone kills the other player by mostly keeping them out.

I'll wait for you to post the video, but I won't wait for you to realize you're retarded.

>>372844649
More unga bunga.
>>
>>372845050
That's because the melee scene in japan is fairly small. It's only fuckhuge in America and Europe currently.
>>
>>372843923
Xbox, even Nintendo has more of a history with Street Fighter than Sony.
>>
>>372844791
Even back in Street Fighter III it made the skill disparity too big (among other things in that game) and that made it the Street Fighter X Tekken of its era.

Now is the time for mechanics to be made accessable.
>>
>>372840434
Of course they don't want SF there.
Kinda stupid to have to tournaments and same game is main event twice
>>
File: 1486990281176.gif (416KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1486990281176.gif
416KB, 500x368px
>>372844413

I'll take "unga bunga" (read: neutral game where you have to worry about your opponent's moves) over no zoning any day.

Name one fighter that is fun to watch and play that has this magical "zoning" you speak of.
>>
>>372843496
>he thinks the smash community isnt like this at all

both are equally "toxic", dumbass.
>>
>all these people falling for bait this easily

Why is /v/ so fucking stupid?
>>
>>372843835
i've never been to a smash tournament partially becuse i never respect it as a true fighting game, but w/e

But the players i typically meat are pretty docile and yes autistic, i'm sure some are fucking full blown r tard.

but my experience with the street fighter/ capcom FGC

has been enough to make not care, I love SF games, but fuck some of those guys are pricks.
>>
>>372843923
Maybe the one that tournament players played the previous iteration on?
>>
>>372845186
Xbox One is dead in the water, friendo. Killer Instinct is great but irrelevant.
>>
>>372845170
Who cares.

They could fly in the gods and other top players. Would be hype as shit and would probably make the tr4sh plebs realise the error of playing such a garbage piece of shit game that they do and pick up melee as japans main smash game.

Maybe nintendo would finally see the amount of money they could truly earn with a proper melee sequal than.
>>
>>372845331
The tournament players have enough money to switch consoles if they were stupid enough to buy a 360 over a PS3.

And tournament players are not a lot of people. The public has spoken and Xbox One can suck a dick.
>>
>>372841091
>game A tries to be X but fails
>game B tries to be Y but ends up being X and Y

Geeee, I wonder why.
>>
File: mega.jpg (45KB, 460x921px) Image search: [Google]
mega.jpg
45KB, 460x921px
Friendly reminder that Smash 4 was designed and marketed from the start to have dual-functionality as a party game AND a competitive fighter.

... and it does a mediocre job at both. But hey, mascots sell.
>>
>>372841091
You can always spot someone whose never played smash
>>
>>372845420
>nintendo fans
I'm so glad I'm done with that company. I'd really hate to associate myself with spergs like you.
>>
>>372845228
i thought cvs2 was the sfxt of it's era
>>
>>372845186
Doesn't change the fact that most of the modern fighters are played on PS4.
>>
>>372845741
No, CvS 2 actually workes as intended.
>>
>>372845339
and on PC nonetheless
>>
>>372845871
Roll cancels tho
>>
>>372845107
Athena and Billy are top tier in 2002, both characters extremely good at keepaway and get a lot of damage from zoning in general. If you actually played 14, you'll know that rushdown is terrible in that game and the entire game is based around neutral poking and projectiles/zoning were initially so strong that they had to be universally nerfed in a balance patch. KoF13 also had characters like Duo Lon, King and Athena who could zone opponents out extremely easily and it was central to their gameplan.

You're right if you say it's rare for players to do nothing but throw fireballs and aa the whole game because when they aa or successfully hit they can then move in and be in an advantageous situation, at which point they generally do move in, which is something you will find in common with literally every fighting game.

I'm not going to dig through footage for you, but off the top of my head, KoF98UM (not UMFE), KoF13 and KoF14 all had characters with extremely strong zoning games.

I imagine characters having the ability to switch between offensive and defensive play as the match allows due to many universal options was a bit much for you, which is funny because you made the low IQ comment in the first place.
>>
>>372845938
All I know is that you could play that game as either your favorite Street Fighter game or your favorite King of Fighters game.

That's a staggerring accomplishment.
>>
>make a shit fighting game
>be surprised when it doesn't get picked

the only reason why it gets picked at EVO is because of crapcums sponsorship.
>>
>>372844469
SFV does that a bit though. They obviously will never build a game around it again as they want each entry to have it's gimmick, but there's more than enough characters currently in V that have it for the sake of where their characters go in III.
>>
>>372846215
Kek, fucking smash bros and pokken get spota at evo.

I think SF V is great but selecting the best games hasn't been evo's priority for a while now.
>>
>>372846127
You could not play SNK characters in CvS2 and expect to win
>>
File: 1474829227801.png (555KB, 1024x742px) Image search: [Google]
1474829227801.png
555KB, 1024x742px
>>372840434
Maybe if SFV wasnt so fucking bad holy shit
>>
>>372840434
>when SF5 is so fucking shit they would rather have a party game in their roster
>>
>>372846215
the only reason smash is at EVO is because of nintendo dollars.
>>
>>372845985
>If you actually played 14, you'll know that rushdown is terrible in that game
lmao that's how we know you have no idea what you're talking about

post videos of athena and/or billy winning high level 2002 tournaments

>You're right if you say it's rare for players to do nothing but throw fireballs and aa the whole game because when they aa or successfully hit they can then move in and be in an advantageous situation, at which point they generally do move in, which is something you will find in common with literally every fighting game.
only in bad ones where rushdown dominates any other strategy

>I imagine characters having the ability to switch between offensive and defensive play as the match allows due to many universal options was a bit much for you

Except they don't switch, every character is overwhelmingly rushdown and/or obsolete compared to the rest of the cast. Which is why you play that trash, cause you're low IQ and can't handle zoning.
>>
File: 1367413180110.jpg (40KB, 482x571px) Image search: [Google]
1367413180110.jpg
40KB, 482x571px
>>372842424
Lets see if I can remember everything stupid they did.

>Early access game not labeled early access
>no extensive tutorials to reach casuals they're marketing towards so mouth breathers are still headless chickens
>dumb down the game down so much it's almost comedic
>Outsource the character model work to another company who produce uglier models than sf4 like Ken "just fuck my shit up" Masters.
>Netcode is like the worst form of rollback in history and frankly worse than PC sf4. You don't need to pick Dhalism to teleport.
>Promised tons of features and content by certain dates then fail to meet them at all on time except characters, and other features STILL aren't in the game.
>Before launch say you'll play up every characters uniqueness and focus on buffing weaker characters rather nerf stronger characters. At launch nerf everything repeatedly non-stop
>decide not to give PC a benchmark tool and offer online services
>Let Nvidia bloat your ugly ass game to sell graphics cards
>Bulk of single player content for months is 3 battle story and survival mode. Not even a trial mode.
>PS4 offline versus can't even keep stable 60

Am I forgetting anything?
>>
>>372844161
how can a skeleton move so fast
>>
>>372846509
You forgot the rootkit patch.
>>
File: 1485200882535.png (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485200882535.png
96KB, 640x480px
>>372841091
>smashbrothers isn't a fighting game
this is one of the shittiest memes. tr4sh is terrible as is the community that supports it, but in the competitive scene, how the fuck is it not a fighter? it's a non-conventional fighter, i'll give you that, but it isn't a party game
>>
>>372840434
not only that but USA Evo sfv numbers are apparently the lowest they have been for 3 years.

the ship is beginning to sink
>>
>Evo Japan

Isn't Evo an American organization? Do the Japs even care about this spin-off tourney? Japs barely play smash anyway.
>>
>>372845985
>robert fireball
>CROSS CUTTAH
>Haoh shokokens in general
98 zoning stronk
>>
>>372844015
But 3d games like Soul Calibur, Tekken, and even Dead Or Alive had very high sales in that time.
>>
>>372846664
>tfw being a meleefag is suffering
>>
>>372845985
>Athena and Billy are top tier in 2002
https://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=King_of_Fighters_2K2UM#Tier_List

【5】 K', Nameless, Kasumi

【4】 King, Kula, Andy, EX Robert, Orochi Chris, Benimaru, Yuri, Hinako, Heidern

【3】 Bao, Jhun, Mature, Lin, Chris, Ryo, Kusanagi, Foxy, Daimon

【2】 Iori, Orochi Shermie, Choi, Yamazaki, EX Takuma, Mai, Seth, Leona, Clark, Kyo, Terry, B. Mary, Kyo-2, Kim, Xiangfei, Joe

【1】 Shingo, Kensou, EX Kensou, Takuma, Ralf, Robert, Billy, Yashiro, Orochi Yashiro, Chin, Angel, Shermie, Vice, Athena, Ramon, Whip

【0】 May Lee, Maxima, Chang, Kyo-1, Vanessa

>both Athena and Billy low tier
>scrub couldn't beat zoning with a game that gives you obvious options to get around it
>yet another low IQ post by an unga bunga player
>>
>>372846509
You forgot they literally patched a fucking rootkit into the PC version.
>>
>>372847008
>UM
>>
>>372840434
Coming from someone who loves both Smash and SF games I find Smash more entertaining to watch.
>>
>>372846467
Anon, I really don't have the patience for this. If you don't know what you're talking about don't talk about it. You clearly don't have a basic grasp of who is good in 2002 and why, you don't have a basic understanding of how 14 works either.

If you think there exists a fighting game where winning neutral doesn't lead to pressure, then you don't know fighting games. It happens in ST, SF2, SF4, Karnovs, Guilty Gear, KoF, literally any game. If you win neutral, you go in and press the advantage. That's basic. Very basic.

If you want to continue talking shit like you know what you're talking about, play me at KoF14, assuming you're not too laggy with Europe. I will zone you out with ease because that is what the game favours. You'll notice all the top tier characters are projectile characters with easy converts into quick MAX from their far pokes? You'll notice all the terrible characters are those without functional zoning games or are designed around close range? There is a reason for that.
>>
File: 532162.gif (703KB, 400x437px) Image search: [Google]
532162.gif
703KB, 400x437px
Post Mains
>>
>>372846326
>pokken
No it doesnt.
Not after obligatory first year money hatting of course
>>
>>372847218
you have to be 18 years or older to post here
>>
>>372840789
I don't get the impression that they give a shit at all. Fuck them and their shitty game.
>>
File: 1483978323311.jpg (37KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
1483978323311.jpg
37KB, 615x615px
>>372847008
Don't even try to delete this
>>
>>372846985
seriously. i'd rather play brawl than tr4sh.
>>
>>372847008
Not only did you lift a tier list from fucking dream cancel but you think 2002 and 2002UM are the same game
>>
>>372847425
what's so bad about smash 4?
>>
>>372846509
>>Outsource the character model work to another company
Various freelancers actually, hence why some models are actually quite good (Necalli, hobo Ryu, Cammy)
>>
>>372847324
This. They have made some retarded as fuck choices, like trying to make their own netcode or not having the simplest fucking rules for disconnecting = a loss.
>>
I tried watching smash once, think I fell asleep an hour in, was pretty late too, never again
>fighting game
my keks
>>
File: 1449853362861.jpg (47KB, 382x433px)
1449853362861.jpg
47KB, 382x433px
>>372847008
>UM
>Dreamcancel wiki
>>
>>372847489
>Cammy had nipples through her top and a clit bump
>>
>>372847463
it's so boring and slow. people get hype and freak out because someone does a string of 5 up-airs, which they consider skillful. the community is incredibly cancerous. i've stopped going to locals because i can't stand the people that play it; mostly because they don't bathe, spout memes nonstop, and get overly butthurt over the most trivial of things
>>
>>372846509
Man, it's really telling when Pokken Tournament was a more polished game than SFV. Had a single player mode, tutorials, stable framerate, and a decent online code.
>>
>>372842835
>smash bros melee
>not dumbed down mechanically for casuals
>has stupid modes that the casuals can play instead
why didn't capcom (or any other company) just copy this?
>>
>>372841091
t. tryhard who doesn't really care about depth and fun in fighting games and only plays them because Capcom's branding forces him to
>>
>>372847127
>If you win neutral, you go in and press the advantage. That's basic. Very basic.
Very basic is right, which is why your games a bad because that's all they feature.

In good games, not everyone presses advantage by going in. Their advantage is staying away, but you're a scrub so you have to downplay that.
>>
Both games are shit.
>>
>>372846664
It's a party game, don't kid yourself. But it's also a fighter. Games can be in more than one genre.
>>
MH is the only Capcom franchise that they haven't ruined yet. If Generations is any indication, its future is not bright
>>
>>372847127
>Europe
That explains why you don't know shit about fighting games. Mystery solved.
>>
File: hi.webm (769KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hi.webm
769KB, 1280x720px
>>372844757
>>
>>372847463
Not that anon, but really what it boils down to is the game does everything in its power to not reward (in fact, often punish) reads. They (again) nerfed movement options and buffed dodges. I'll say while it's way better from a "this is the gayest thing ever" perspective than Brawl, Brawl actually did more to reward reads and smart play, it was just crippled by a terrible engine and the worst balance of any Smash title.

Smash 4 gives nearly all characters a roll as good as the best roll from Brawl. Many characters have unpunishable smashes on shield, and a lot of neutral is now fading move -> dodge. They crippled DI so a lot of the game is just fishing for your % specific auto-combo and then camping or playing passively. If you look at the best characters in the game, they are all ones with mindless easy setplay and a kill setup.

It wouldn't be bad if you could actually punish people for being predictable as fuck, but instead you get someone who is going to do the same things over and over and the game makes it difficult to punish just because.
>>
>>372847757
Name this game, I'm curious.
>>
>>372847757
Nigga even O Sagat pushes advantage to get corner and that sweet sweet tiger shot "no jumping" spacing
>>
>>372847757
You should love the current trend of defensive games then.
>>
>>372847893
Dodged, what a fucking surprise
>>
>>372847841
it's a figher if you're doing free for all with items, but in a tournament setting, i'd argue that it's solely a fighter.
>>
>>372847956
ok thanks for the explanation. leagues better than>>372847674
>>
File: wxSVTmi.png (362KB, 800x956px) Image search: [Google]
wxSVTmi.png
362KB, 800x956px
>GG has become the new flagship fighting game in the world

This is the absolute best timeline.
>>
>>372848090
*party game if you're doing free for all...
>>
>>372845420
>"T-they could fly in the 3 only good players and it would consist of only them!"

Boy wouldn't that be a fucking shit show. Melee is stale and outdated. Japan knows what's up when they refuse to play old, clunky games. Meleefags have legit autism because they're afraid of change and not being good at the new game
>>
>>372848141
You wish fag
Its still SF even if it is trash
>>
>>372840434
Good, fuck SF5 and their fucking awful gameplay, business model and practices.

I fucking hate that game and i can't wait for it to die.
>>
>>372848028
>O Sagat is rushdown
wut
>>
>>372848292
>GG takes the main event at Evo from SF
>all the press
>people begin to pick it up
>GG rules the entire planet

It's over. Let it go.
>>
>>372848128
If you want to see it in action, watch matches (recent or not) of some of the top players. Let me be clear about something first-- Smash "softbans" timeout gameplay because matches are so long. It's really frowned upon and people often give others shit for straight up running away entire matches. Calling a player "campy" is usually used in a derogatory fashion in Smash. It's the nature of the beast. At least engage in neutral.

Now, Smash 4 still has some stigma with overly defensive, never approaching players... unless you're Japanese. Some of the most popular players (Abadango is a great example here) run like little bitches the entire match. Remember, this isn't a 2D where running eventually nets you a wall.

The game encourages it heavily. I could go more into nuanced detail about why, but I doubt anyone cares.
>>
>>372840434
There are many reasons why Smash 4 was picked over SFV.

>SFV sold terribly and never even hit the first month goal that Capcom set for it.
>NOBODY BOUGHT IT IN JAPAN.
>Smash 4 has a big competitive scene regardless of whether or not you think it's an actual fighting game.
>Smash 4 sold extremely well in Japan, which is why a JAPANESE TOURNAMENT would chose it over a game that's dead IN JAPAN.

I don't watch fightin' tournies or any e-sports shit, but watching SF fans getting BTFO is great. You guys are fucking elitists to the highest degree. Not only do you fags bitch about Smash, but you also bitch about anime fighters, Tekken, and MK. What don't you fucking idiots like besides SF? That's why nobody is buying SFV in bulk. Nobody sane would want to spend money on an online game just to deal with cancer. You fags deserve to be put down like dogs because nobody likes you.
>>
>>372848391
goober gear doesn't even get Sunday finals this year's EVO

LMAO
>>
>>372840789
They didn't by seem to care at all desu.

Everything about SFV is so fake and shilley. It's disgusting the FGC supports it so much.

I guarantee you everything that come SF6 everyone trying to rally behind SFV right now and trying to make it look hip and cool will admit it was trash with no redeemable aspects.
>>
>>372844413
Tekken 3
>>
>>372848374
Hes not but he still pushes forward after landing hits, he wants a specific corner spacing where he becomes unstoppable, if he doesnt have it hes gonna move to get to it whenever he lands hits
>>
File: RPS_SIMULATOR.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
RPS_SIMULATOR.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>ITT butthurt fighting game fags

How does it feel to slowly witness the beginning of the era of platform fighters taking over as the dominant competitive fighters over your ancient rps simulators?
>>
File: 1462724033666.png (233KB, 401x371px) Image search: [Google]
1462724033666.png
233KB, 401x371px
>>372848141
>Goober Gear
>>
>>372848141
Yeah, all that 2 people playing surely will save fighting games.
>>
File: 1481412253002.png (294KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481412253002.png
294KB, 480x480px
>tfw you play melee and SFV and aren't rustled in the slightest

I have no problem watching games i don't play as long as diddy kong and rosalina aren't on screen
>>
>>372848738
>How does it feel to slowly witness the beginning of the era of platform fighters taking over as the dominant competitive fighters
Pretty bad, especially when the people who caused this stick around to defend trash like KOF and Goober Gear.

They might as well play Smash.
>>
I feel like i'm growing out of fighting games.
I think I had way more fun when I was shit at them and played against friends rather than now when I actually know what I'm doing and play technical.
>>
>>372849003
I hope SFV continues to be treated like the shit game that it is, so you can kill yourself. You're the bazztek of fighting games. Holy shit, you are such a shill.
>>
>>372849314
I don't even like SFV so I don't know what you're on about sperg.
>>
File: 1480336976993.webm (3MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
1480336976993.webm
3MB, 1080x608px
Defend this FGCucks.
>>
File: 1491252829932.gif (855KB, 1325x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1491252829932.gif
855KB, 1325x2000px
>>372849095
>I think I had way more fun when I was shit at them and played against friends rather than now when I actually know what I'm doing and play technical.
I more or less feel the same, fighting games on competitive level ain't that fun for me, i would rather just play with friends and people on my level in a very casual way, picking random characters and trying to do shit i never tried before.

Playing on competitive level usually leads to frustration even if i win.
>>
>>372849605
He plays Skullgirls which rots your mind, turning you into a gay furry.
>>
>>372849605
>Hating on based SonicFox
>>
File: 1491291774404.jpg (21KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
1491291774404.jpg
21KB, 356x356px
>>372849605
Is there anything furries HAVEN'T infiltrated?
>>
My problem is that I worry about the FGC in its current state, let alone fighting games. Horrible entry numbers for most games, let alone SFV. Most veteran players quitting or retiring, and even going back to past games in certain franchises, niche games becoming even niche, it's all a terrible thing to watch crumble down at times. Depressing even...
>>
>>372848939
Don't forget to add Sonic to that list
>>
>>372850025
Insane asylums.
>>
>>372850140
As annoying as his playstyle is, Sonic isn't common enough to irritate me. Cloud is a different story, though.
>>
>>372850140
Are there any sonic mains that DON'T camp like a mother fucker?
>>
>>372849605
that nigga is gay as fuck
>>
>>372846509
damn is that guy segata sanshiro?
>>
Genuine question for fighting game enthusiasts on /v/ that hate Smash, if a platform fighter like the smash series were made specifically for competitive play having stuff like ranked modes and tourney viable stages, would you hate it as much as the smash series? Would you give it a try?

If not, what about it specifically would dissuade you from liking/trying it?
>>
>>372850757
Yep. Original Kamen Rider. Guy is an icon, and total badass.
>>
>>372850859
Rivals of Aether is basically that.
>>
>>372848452
Your talk about campy play reminded me of Customs Villager

Those were some fucking dark times
>>
>>372850859
>Would you give it a try?
No because it wouldn't have Nintendo characters.

Do you think people play Smash for it's gameplay? No. They play it because it's fucking Smash and I can make Mario fight with Megaman and Cloud you mongoloid.
>>
>>372843807
How about you stop buying tv accesories instead of gaming consoles dumb xfag
>>
>>372851225
I play it for the gameplay.
>>
>Once again, Nintendo bought their way into a fighting game tournament.
EVO was founded by MrWizard. Do I even need to say more?
>>
SFV isn't SFV, but SF Alpha 4. I know /v/ likes to meme and dick suck A3, but the truth is no one likes playing that shit and it's dead on every playform.

Fuck the V-system, fuck hibbity-hoppity Yolo offense, and fuck the Alpha waifushit.
>>
>>372853231
>it's dead on every playform
It's the most played fighting game right now, but please, keep memeing.
>>
>>372853646
I was referring to a3
>>
Way to leave out the licencing issues being the reason SFV isn't there
>>
>>372848141
i prefer BlazBlue
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.