[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real question /v/ Why are people leaving such a good, FREE game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 18

Real question /v/

Why are people leaving such a good, FREE game like PlanetSide 2? It keeps getting good updates, but the playerbase has been dropping slowly.

It's also not pay to win. Any direct upgrades can't be bought with real money. All weapons are sidegrades. You gain certs at a very nice rate too.

So, would you be willing to give it a try? It's a little bit different from what you all are used to, but nothing you can't manage.
>>
are there japanese kurisamasu keiki purincessus
>>
1. People leave
2. Fewer people = more boring
3. More people leave because it is more boring
4. Repeat

The game was glorious the first month. I'm glad I was there to experience it.
>>
because it's still a shittily designed pay to not grind base spawn camped piece of shit
>>
>>370514024
There are only enough people to have one big battle.
Because of that, everybody flocks to that big battle.
Said big battle is a lame clusterfuck of spam at a few chokepoints.
>>
I can only attack the same bases over and over again so many times. Three Zergs hoards moving clockwise around the map avoiding eachother and no small battle in between. I played for hundreds of hours, last time I checked in was a few months ago.
>>
>>370514375

What grind?

>>370514384

Yeah it sucks, but you can still find some solid medium battles around
>>
>>370514024
>good
>It keeps getting good updates
>It's also not pay to win. Any direct upgrades can't be bought with real money. All weapons are sidegrades. You gain certs at a very nice rate too.
All untrue.
>>
>>370514024
they aren't leaving you just can't see them because of the netcode
>>
Imbalanced puke game with a half hour ttk
>>
>>370514024
>You gain certs at a very nice rate too.
>Literally takes 40 hours to unlock anything

>Re-skinned BF3 when everyone wanted an actual sequel to planetside

>Hilariously pay to win, almost impossible to unlock dick without paying real muns

And by far the worst of all is how horrible the level design is, Bio Labs.

Just
Bio
Labs.
>>
>>370514562

The first two are the majority's opinion.
The last one is a fact.
>>
>>370514675
ttk was even worse in the first game
>>
>>370514796
It was designed to punish lone wolfing, it was the whole point of snipers be one shot reload and not 1 hit killing.
>>
>>370514024
Games like this are heavily dependent on clans and there's a lot of people that aren't interested in that. Hell, I usually never join clans and I joined an outfit when I played because it was the only way to play. Coordination is practically nonexistent otherwise and it's near impossible to win anything that way. Ultimately a majority of the playerbase will be dedicated players in outfits that play regularly while anyone that wants to drop in occasionally will be left out.
>>
>>370514912
It's also boring as fuck dying 100% of the time when you get into a 2v1
>>
>>370514024
They would have to read nvidia physx to the game and get maybe added more teamplay to the game. Like one vehicle driver and one gunner in tanks instead of just solo.
>>
>>370515075
It encourages you to not be an idiot, im not saying its good but that was the ideal behind it.
No running and gunning or lone wolfing.
>>
>>370514024
Get rid of lattice system and bring bang influence hex system.
>>
>>370514689
Forgot about the world level design, since you could buy tanks and other vehicles anywhere it spread everyone so far thin that big fights almost never happened outside of stalemates.
It wasn't like planetside that had everyone grouping up at the closest base buying tanks, you didn't need to be in a outfit or a group because of the time people where short gunners or passengers.
>>
File: PlanetSide.jpg (102KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
PlanetSide.jpg
102KB, 800x640px
>>370514024
Because they didnt take this deep, complex and rewarding game, and put it in a new engine, like they should have.
>>
>>370515424

See, I never got to play it. I'm waiting for the emulator.

I would change my opinion if it was that much better.
>>
>>370515249
>Wanting random 4 person groups backcapping again

Nah
>>
>>370515591
you wont enjoy it now because the gun play is very outdated, its kinda like quake but nothing is accurate and everyone warps/lags around.

apart from that, it was one of the best games ive ever had the pleasure to play.
>>
File: 1403905286388.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1403905286388.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>370514024
>be Planetside player
>sceptical about the upcoming sequel
>get into alpha
>"wow, looks like they've got a decent framework here. Maybe it wont be half bad after all. I can't wait to play it when it's finished"
>mfw it literally hasn't changed in the slightest
>>
>>370515591
Honestly it hasn't aged well and once you remove the nostalgia goggles while i still would love to continue playing it, its tough to like.
Cone of fire really sucks bad, Netcode was really poor, Certs really are rough at the start, and the entire game is designed for teamplay with zero individualism whatsoever.
>>
>>370515424
V-V-H
>>
Played it a lot for the first couple months but never went back to it. I was dogshit at flying, but it was so much fun. I'll have to download it again one of these days.
>>
>>370515783
>Be Planetside player since shortly after launch
>Hype as fuck over trailers and shit
>Get into the tech test alpha
>its fucking horrible but i still love it with the thought "its alpha it will get better"
>Shortly later i finally realize its BF3 re skinned but even worse.

I tried so hard to like it but even then it still was horrible. I went as far to buy 3 of the PC Gamer magazines to get CDkeys for beta to get friends in and yeah. Sad days.
>>
>>370515775
>>370515859

Ah, I see. Wish I could have played it before it became outdated.
>>
File: 1484837259014.jpg (74KB, 960x538px) Image search: [Google]
1484837259014.jpg
74KB, 960x538px
>Planetside 2
>good
>not pay to win
>>
>>370516067

The only thing alike is that you shoot guns...

Explain.
>>
>>370516212
Watch side by side game play with planet-side 2 and battlefield 3/4.
Its almost identical with TTK (non hardcore mode), animations, and weapon handling.

Even the kits are super similar.
>>
>>370516162
Only for vehicles. Most of the "best guns" are the starter weapons. It's just really boring grinding certs with the same weapons.
>>
>>370514024
>it's a TR doesn't have the fastest firing weapon in it's class episode
>>
>spent 7 years playing Planetside 1

>kinda have flashbacks and moments looking into the distance in real life, thinking about the memories, like some kinda of vietnam war vet or some shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7m9d2qw8qE

>cry when this plays
>>
>>370516415
You remind me of people who say Overwatch is TF2.
>>
>>370516103
It was by far one of the best experiences ive ever had in a video game.
Never have in a game have i seen the amount of cooperation and teamwork that i witnessed in planetside.
People where so quick to help others and shit, its not like battlefield 1 for example where people cant be bothered to drop medkits because "hurr gotta get those killz"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBrJuVytvOA
For example.
>>
>>370516609

But reskined.
>>
File: 51as1d241v8.png (16KB, 362x475px) Image search: [Google]
51as1d241v8.png
16KB, 362x475px
>have amd cpu
>basically can't play

Why is google testing my english?
>>
>>370514024
THEY TOOK THE CROWN FROM
FUCKING TRAITORS
REMOVE VANU
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>370516609
Look it up, theres a reason most people refer to planetside 2 as battleside.
>>
>>370516728

That looks really fun.

>>370516884

I have one and I'm fine. Whats wrong?
>>
>>370516609

Nigga the biggest contributing factor to PS2 being complete shit is shit like tank driver also being the main gunner
Something you would find in Battlefield and virtually nothing else, because fuck teamwork, you want instant grafitication? You got it.
Which doesn't work unsurprisingly when you're aiming for combined arms, instead of TDM.
>>
File: ForseralMap.jpg (363KB, 721x721px) Image search: [Google]
ForseralMap.jpg
363KB, 721x721px
>quite literally used to kill TotalBiscuit over and over again in Dagda interlink facility in attempt to ghost hack.
>>
>>370514024
It's shit, just like H1Z1.
>>
>>370516979

But you'll get shit on without a gunner...?
>>
>>370516884
Captchas are for training google's future policebots.
I for one welcome our new robot overlords
>>
>>370516975
Any time I get in to multi-platoon fight fps goes to like 20. Those are the only fun fights.
>>
>>370517168

Get a better PC

>>370517085

Not even comparable to that shit show
>>
>>370517134
No you won't.................... ???
>>
>>370517134
Only in planetside 2, in planetside the driver is never the gunner of the primary weapon. For NC and TR the driver doesn't have a gun, For VS they get a secondary gun that's not as effective as the gunners gun.
>>
>>370517134

What was that?
You saying the peashooter is mandatory or that tanks would not be fucking immortal if driver couldn't shoot?
Because guess what fucknugget vehicles are supposed to be powerful ONLY WHEN THEY'RE FULFILLING A NICHE
NOT FUCKING WINS ON A PLATTER (with a resource cooldown which BY THE WAY YOU CAN BOOST WITH A PAID BOOSTER! BUY SOME!)
>>
>>370514024

bring back hexes this artificially created zergfest is bullshit
>>
>>370517289
correction, you will only get shit on without a gunner in planetside, not planetside 2. Seeing as the driver is the fucking gunner in 2.

Just like battlefield, wow.
>>
>>370517249
>Get a better PC
Will this year. Waiting to see how the 4c ryzens are.
>>
>>370517312

Which reminds me
>Want to be a dedicated transport pilot to support the war effort in a quiet but extremely impactful way, that arouses my fetish for support and logistics based activities
>Galaxies cost the most fucking resources to build bar maybe one other vehicle
>As a result you're basically stuck as infantry 90% of the time without paying for boosters, and would be more effective just being another tank or using quad bikes to get around
>This also means LITERALLY NOBODY PRACTICES (on the actual map, VR doesn't get you anything like the real deal) to fly nor can you get any decent certs for the fucking things

Fuck you SOE!
>>
i kind of felt that moving the story along a bit or having some sort of in game lore events would have made things a bit interestingb eyond "dos other guis are meanies lets fite"
>>
>>370517561

You will lose if you are a main battle tank with a gunner vs a main battle tank with a gunner.

Lightnings are jokes.
>>
File: Forgelight.png (409KB, 1480x766px) Image search: [Google]
Forgelight.png
409KB, 1480x766px
>>370517249
>Not even comparable to that shit show

Literally the same engine, same incompetent company. It's trash.
>>
No endgame, killed a big portion of any of the guilds that seriously played the game, the community died years ago because of the complete lack of anyway to accomplish anything that isn't wiped away in a few hours. After about two years of this guilds started finding new games, either to the new battlefields or to other MMOs.
>>
>>370514024

SOE wasnt perfect but they interacted with the community a bit more then daybreak which takes projects started before their aquisition *cough* base building*cough* and taking credit for doing nothing.

right now its going out the way of battlefield heroes=flooded beneath half cooked dlc weapons that will be nerfed later
>>
>>370517846
The gunner barely changes anything in a 1v1, its similar to battlefield how the gunner has a auxiliary machine gun.

Maybe you can swap it to like AT or something i dont honestly remember.
>>
File: 1487169747242.gif (4MB, 409x295px) Image search: [Google]
1487169747242.gif
4MB, 409x295px
>they will never know the joy of orbital striking vehicle pads after a base hack
>>
>>370514024
Downgraded graphics over and over in favor of the sonybro version
>>
>>370517665
Did you forget to mention that galaxies are literally useless thanks to squad deploys and instant action? What a shitshow.
>>
File: 1485438623277.png (61KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485438623277.png
61KB, 450x450px
I haven't played in at least 4 months, are there any substantial changes? The 'base building' thing was underwhelming.
>>
>>370518001
Shit it's been what? 2 years since they first started talking about about orbital strikes?
>>
>>370517996

You can. In tank battles gunners do at least 45% of total damage.

>>370518084

They are planning to address that very soon
>>
>>370518084

Don't forget, super low altitude ceiling that keeps you in AA comfort zones.
>>
>>370518228

Stay away from AA then, or go and do a hot drop.

Galaxies can tank an insane amount of damage.
>>
>>370518203
Is that recent? When i played at launch the only options where flak and machine gun.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
if anyone ever gets their hands on making a sequel i really really hope theres 3 planets with stations inbetween you can fight over until reaching.....planetside?
>>
>>370518321

No it's been in since at least 2013, maybe 14. There are loads of options for it now.
>>
>>370518157
weren't they supposed to have naval combat and shieet
>>
Because the devs play the game and 90% of the devs play Vanu so they intentionally buff the everloving fuck out of Vanu to give themselves artificial strength over the other two factions.

>no dropoff
>high damage
>high rof
>high accuracy
>best shields
>best armor
>best vehicles

Oh wow it's like the devs are plebs who have to buff their own faction to win.
>>
>>370518320

The whole point is they shouldn't need to.
Using the drop pods should be a fairly big risk, like the paratroopers get significantly spread out if you're at higher altitude.
Otherwise you're looking at high altitude with quiet landings.
>>
>>370518320
>>Galaxies can tank an insane amount of damage.

no they can't my man

when the 10 burster maxes see a flying whale they are going to start shooting and fuck you up
>>
1. PS2 is just about the only game ever where performance and graphical fidelity have both been getting worse for years, though people have been getting faster rigs.

2. Besides the introduction of the rocklet launcher and in-flight hipfire for LA (not sure whether or not it rocklets are too powerful, but fun and interesting at least), for years the updates have not really changed anything about the game. Half assed VP systems and construction bases and 20 new cross faction weapons do not fix the game.

3. Tutorials are sorely neglected and Koltyr is shit. Also the unlock system makes you realize how uphill it is to unlock enough shit to compete once you've learned the basics.

Their archaic business model is the root of the problem IMO. The tutorials and VP systems are shit, but there are no money to redo them from scratch, so they are just reiterating old systems endlessly to no avail.
They need to update to a modern business model. Guns need to be cert-only and cheaper, upgrades to them can be the cert dumps. There are vast amounts of cosmetics, but noone except subscribed veterans with tons of overflow currency currently buy them - they could rake in tons of cash and the Skinner-box hungry crowd with paid cosmetic loot boxes, or a loot and box (pay to open) drop system.
But instead, the next system overhauled will be implants, overhauled to get salty veterans to spend dough on loot boxes of them until they get implants like the cloaking one which are artificially rare. And despite all of Reddit screaming at them, they still can't seem to get that even if cloaking is tweaked enough to not be OP, such an implant will only seem unfair and P2W for newbies who will then leave.

It was fun while it lasted.
>>
File: WHO DID THIS OMG HAHA.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WHO DID THIS OMG HAHA.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>hear about the ANT being added
>think the game might actually start to become not shit
>ANTs are now a base construction minigame
>>
>>370518775

When the fuck will get 10 burster maxes
>>
CLAB STRONK
>>
I still play ps2 regularly but major problems
>the price of stuff is too expensive for newcomers, vehicles aren't even attainable until you're fucking swimming in certs or money.
>hossin was the last continent, left completely unfinished, a complete slog to fight on, shit was 3 years ago, no new continents planned
>platoon warfare became mundane thanks to the vp system

Game has stagnated, construction is a cool addition but only like 1% of players use that shit.
We need new continents or hossin fixed, they need to flatten that shithole down so it's drivable and make all of those retarded plants die when you drive through them because as indestructible props that maps is just bottleneck warfare.
>>
>>370518906
>When the fuck will get 10 burster maxes

when the game was actually populated you could count on a cadre of BOOM BOOM BOOM in every single battle

even more so right after the rocket pod meme times
>>
>striker op as fuck
>VS and NC literally couldn't get within 500m of TR with air
>nerfed 6 months later
>ZOE op as fuck
>shit all over infantry
>nerfed after 6 months
>phoenix could 1 shot infantry
>nerfed by the end of the week
I'll never forget this.
>>
I had an account in some prosiebensat shit. I missed the account migration because was not playing for a year and when I tried to get back my account was gone witch was worth more than 100 euros (because of 3xreal money booster in first winter sale). I tried to get it back but no luck so fuck it.
>>
>>370518817
> or a loot and box (pay to open) drop system.
I don't know why they don't just do this, obviously just for cosmetics but you make a box for $5 which sells 2 random camos or an armor/helm and you're swimming in dosh.
>>
>>370519257
The game is too balanced now
Except the ppa is still shit so vanu has the worst top guns in the game for killing infantry.
>>
File: 1488641081390.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488641081390.gif
2MB, 360x360px
Two things I would want to see to play again:
>Have a new ESF type that uses traditional flight controls instead of the OP VTOL dancing shit
>Increase the draw distance between aircraft; by the time enemy ESFs start rendering, they're already shooting at me with the AA cannon

Another thing they could do is have a second koltyr that anyone can play in; that map was fun.
>>
Does anyone still play the first Planetside, or is it just entirely dead?
>>
>>370519784

It was shut down, but a dedicated fan team is making an emulator to play it again

https://youtu.be/tOi-vlzRHEw

This was the the closing of the servers. The last moment, period.
>>
File: 1489502352710.png (302KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489502352710.png
302KB, 900x900px
>>370519665
Also, I don't like the free-to-play business model. Why doesn't anyone just charge $X per month? If the price were right, I wouldn't mind paying and they wouldn't have to worry about balancing payers and freeloaders.
>>
>>370514024
I wonder, I was banned for defending against teamkillers, game would still be alive if it wasn't for the narcissistic admins, and they did it after buying a fifty dollar anniversary pack, "thank you for supporting us, now you're banned". Nah fuck them, the game went on a steady decline after daybreak took over and higby left.
>>
I've got abut 200+ hours on it, but stopped playing for abut no reason.

Is it still alive? I think I was on the Western U.S. server but I don't remember the name. All I remember was that the NC had a reputation for being retarded.
>>
>>370520802

Definitely. It took a dip but you will still have a blast.
>>
>>370514024
The only thing this game had that's better than the first game was faction aesthetics and music.
>>
>>370515689
Influence system stopped that...apparently you didn't play back then.
>>
/v/ is so painfully new that they dont even realize planetside 2 is shit when we have :

>>370517996
>retards thinking a 1/2 MBT would beat a 2/2 MBT even if the 2/2 was running HEAT and stock basilisk

>>370518775
>thinking N wouldnt be able to farm a squad of burster maxes just by running a pre nerf bulldog gal

t. 6 ivi kdr player who is also a HLVP master
>>
>>370521569
>faction aesthetics and music.

so unbelievably wrong.
>>
>>370518927
ello m8 :-------D
>>
>>370522063
The second game actually gave some context to what was going on and made the factions look and sound drastically different.

The first game (while leagues better than 2 in terms of the actual game, nobody's denying that) did faction aesthetics quite poorly I feel. You just picked the blue, red or purple team and called it a day.
>>
>a couple of /ps2g/ posters leaking in
>everyone else is literal 0.5 ivi kdr shitters
jesus
>>
>>370515159
Sounds like a boring slog. It will not be missed.
>>
MINOR CLOAK
..I
...N
....O
.....R
......C
.......L
........O
.........A
>>
>>370521839
N?
>>
>>370522735
This post is a prime example of why Planetside 2 is so shit. People care more about mindlessly getting kills than actually working as a team.
>>
>>370523036
second best outfit in the game, after CLAB
>>
>>370523070
t. 0.5 ivi kdr
>>
>>370523083
What does that mean? I don't play this game but I'm looking for a new shooter.
>>
>>370523159

outfits are guilds
>>
Zergside 2

If you've played PS2 you'll know what I mean by this
>>
>>370523159
>What does that mean?
outfit = clan
>I don't play this game but I'm looking for a new shooter.
stay the fuck away, unless you hate yourself with a passion
>>
File: HotelRoom+Luggage.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
HotelRoom+Luggage.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
>>370523141
>>
I tried it out

I loved it a lot, gameplay wise
I stopped pretty early in because I found the grind to be unbearable. I could see what I wanted and it felt like it was impossibly far away.

This is the perfect example of a game that would have been much better off with a cosmetic monetization strategy
>>
File: 1487328059232.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487328059232.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>370523321
>>
>>370516609
He's right, though. PS2 even shares the exact same weapon damage models with one decimal point moved (i.e. 143 damage instead of 14.3).
>>
File: alert_time_on_Emerald.png (825KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
alert_time_on_Emerald.png
825KB, 500x740px
>>370514024
Sup Wrel, why don't you go chat with us on /vg/
>>
File: It's Medicinal.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
It's Medicinal.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>370523440
>having brain damage
>>
>>370523353

Were you around the first couple of years? Back then it was 100 certs flat for a kill and similarly shitty certs for jobs. No rewards ribbons and such either.
Took like 20-30 hours to grind 1000 certs if you were playing solo for fun. I got fed up back then, not because I couldn't afford guns or lolpods and didn't wanna pay cash, but because I would spend an entire evening grinding for some upgrade for 1 gun that I couldn't test beforehand anyway
>>
>>370517941
daybreak is the same company as SOE with a different name, you moron
>>
>>370523579
that's because there's not a whole lot of different ways to divide 100 by 7, huh?
>>
File: The_ride_never_ends2.jpg (13KB, 259x115px) Image search: [Google]
The_ride_never_ends2.jpg
13KB, 259x115px
Help
>>
>>370523995
i have ~4.5k hours just on my main, step up nigga

>steam
shiggy
>>
>>370514024
shill gtfo
>>
>>370514024
I got bored of zerg alerts and ghost capping. Construction was fine and brought me back but then I got bored of destroying ANTs and victory cores by myself. Then I didn't feel like grinding Aurax weapons, hitting 120 or whatever the cap was or finish certing my base parts.

Its an alright time waster like Path of Exile that I don't mind getting on to do mindless shooting/grinding, because there aren't much better out there for F2P.
>>
>>370522406
Damn, I didn't expect you guys to still be around.
Keep up the meme fight against Vanu fags.
>>
>>370523712
yeah
I only played quite early on, with a friend
both of us loved it, but ultimately neither of us felt like we wanted to make that kind of commitment

I think after a tonne of grinding I accidentally bought the wrong kind of anti-vehicle launcher and that just ticked me off enough to kill it altogether
>>
>>370524453

Did something similar, but with a semi auto sniper.

When I came back certs where much more generous though. And the VR training mode to test out all weapons and upgrades is just a godsend, if only for the fact that I will never have that "oh that guy killed me with this gun, too bad I'll never get to try it" (or well, they had the gun trial thing back in the day, but it was 30 minutes every month only, and no attachments)
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.