[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got this game in the mail. Big time Silent Hill fan and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

File: Silent_Hill_Downpour_box_art.jpg (60KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_Downpour_box_art.jpg
60KB, 300x370px
Just got this game in the mail. Big time Silent Hill fan and this will be the only one I haven't yet played. What am I in for?

Also, comfy silent hill thread?
>>
>>370393651
Not that bad, not that good. Al least is better than Homecoming
>>
Honestly, if it had been it's own game that happened to be "inspired" by Silent Hill, it would have been much better. But since it bears the "Silent Hill" name, it has to be compared to the legacy of the originals. And in that regard, it fails miserably.
>>
File: sh_t.jpg (203KB, 8846x455px) Image search: [Google]
sh_t.jpg
203KB, 8846x455px
>>370393651
>>
>>370393651
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y9hNKe93u0
>>
It's okay but people don't seem to get that the real twist is that you aren't actually the protagonist- Cybil is.

You're basically her pyramid head in a way. The last part of the game her her getting absolution or not, more than you.

The side quests all kinda suck. Combat sucks a bunch. Otherworld is eh.

I'd put it next to 4. It's the only good foreign-made SH title next to Origins which wasn't that fantastic either but serviceable.
>>
It's a dire parody of what Silent Hill should be with a dumb open world and the MOST uninspired, bland and boring enemies ever created by man.
>>
>>370393651
Fucking awful piece of shit. Literally the worst SH game to date. I have no idea how people can hate HC more than DP; it's literally broken, ugly, clunky, writing and acting's all over the place, all the endings contradict each other and the shown story, and there's not even Akira's soundtrack this time around.
>>
You'll be experiencing a huge buyer's remorse by the time its over. Should've just watched the Twin Perfect's looong review on it instead.

>>370396465
>It's the only good foreign-made SH title next to Origins
Jesus, the shit taste is extreme ITT.
Origins and DP are the unholy elder satan -tier crap that should be avoided at all costs.

Shattered Memories is the only actually enjoyable and play worthy western SH to date.
>>
>>370397802

Shattered Memories was trash.
>>
>>370397920
It's the best be virtue of getting rid of SH's biggest flaw (combat) and adding meaningful player choice.
>>
>>370397920
it really was not.
I expected to be just that, not only for being a (short lasting) Nintendo exclusive with no combat, but also a "remake" of SH1, my all time favorite game in series. Making Harry look like a jewish nerd didn't help.

But boy, once I got my hands on the game, I couldn't put it down. Superb atmosphere, lovely urban exploration feel, pretty good story that relies on your prior knowledge - or rather expectations - about the original trilogy.

SM worked for the sheer fact that it did not try to be like the originals, but used them as its building blocks, in its own unique way.
>>
>>370393651
Here's something to help wash out the bad taste afterwards:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
You can now see some decent emulator settings for SH1 as well in the guide. If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin AND GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Also give the new PGXP emulator a shot for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.
>>
File: 1485401129150.jpg (663KB, 1200x824px) Image search: [Google]
1485401129150.jpg
663KB, 1200x824px
>>370398948
>ePSXe
What year is it?
>>
File: sh1 emu HD 02 storage.jpg (209KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
sh1 emu HD 02 storage.jpg
209KB, 1280x960px
>>370399129
>>>/leddit/
>>
>>370399241
Nah, you can head over there though. r/emulation regularly sucks off antiquated plugin based emulation to this day.
>>
Downpour would have been better if it wasn't a Silent Hill game that being said it's probably the best non Team Silent SH game next to Origins, 6/10.
>>
>>370393651
it's the best one
>>
File: The real Silent Hill experince.png (4MB, 645x2600px) Image search: [Google]
The real Silent Hill experince.png
4MB, 645x2600px
Reminder that this is canon
>>
>>370398948
Why wouldn't you just use mednafen at this point. It works on W10. You can even combine it with PGXP feautures if you're okay using Retroarch, though it's experimental.
>>
>>370399395
oh, another Apple-fag trying to push his core & library based PSX clones.

Excuse me while I enjoy my sub-pixel accuracy, perspective corrected textures, and 4K resolutions with AA and texture filters if I so desire, all doable on ancient PC tech by modern standards.
>>
>>370399608
>Why wouldn't you just jam a cactus up your anus?
>using W10
>using Retroarch
so much pure, flaming homosexuality in a single post.
>>
>>370393651
Repetitive enemies with no real creativity to them and some of the worst silent hill bosses
>>
>>370393651
>what am I in for?
A joke writing itself.
>>
File: WHORES 4.jpg (468KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
WHORES 4.jpg
468KB, 666x666px
>>370393651
>Playing the non-Team Silent Silent Hill games.

Not a real fan.
>>
>>370399674
I've been arguing with you about this for like 6 months and you still can't get it through your thick fucking skull that mednafen and retroarch are two seperate things and I happen to dislike the later.

Having options for the sake of options doesn't make you an Android user or wherever you're trying to take that comparison. Mednafen continues to be more accurate (we know, your standards are low so everything is fine to you, including ZSNES) and everything just works. No plugin fiddling required and it's repellant against dumb graphics fags like you that want to see a 64 bit era polygon in 4K.
>>
>>370393651
Good story but I hated the combat and breakable weapons. Pretty bad enemy designs too.
>>
>>370399781
You mentioned W10 in your own image you dumb faggot.
>>
>>370398948
Alternatively just buy it on PSN for $5.
>>
File: bestlist.png (1MB, 8837x450px) Image search: [Google]
bestlist.png
1MB, 8837x450px
>>370395538
best list coming through
>>
Guys whatever happened to Lying Figure? He hasn't been around in months.
>>
>>370401084
Is that a trip/namefag or are you havin a giggle?
>>
>>370401447
He is the guy that was doing loreplays on youtube. Basically he explains the lore of the games while doing a normal playthrough. His name comes from the monsters from Silent Hill 2. The first ones you see.
>>
>>370399781
epic argument, you sure told him
>>
File: downpourendinge.gif (974KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
downpourendinge.gif
974KB, 500x304px
>>370393651
The writing was okay. You can see that they wanted to make a good game. I liked that the town was big enough to actually get lost in.
The enemy design is pretty boring and uninspired, and generally it's not a very scary game. They didn't recycle Pyramid Head though, and there's a bit of symbolism in the designs if you look closely, so props to them for that.
I'd give it a strong 6/10, maybe even a low 7. Best outsourced SH, in my opinion.

It's also got my favorite joke ending in the series, but that's mostly because I love the song that's used for it. It's a really fitting tune for Silent Hill in general.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksCh1g288wc
>>
>>370393651
I remember the voice acting and writing being pretty decent.
Some of the environments looked really nice.
That's about it. The enemy design was boring and the gameplay was ass. The plot as a whole was a bit silly, but it could've been worse.
At least it's not Homecoming.
>>
>>370393651
A decent game. I suggest reading the Downpour comics, too.
>>
>>370393651
disappointment
>>
File: just looking for my wife, Mary.jpg (16KB, 360x600px) Image search: [Google]
just looking for my wife, Mary.jpg
16KB, 360x600px
Has anyone seen my wife, Mary?
>>
>>370393651
Kinda hard to start a comfy SH when the OP is about that garbage.

Post comfy tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO2LvgjzgmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5u1kTM3wE8
>>
>>370397606
This. Homecoming is a much better game despite also being crap.
>>
none of the SH games were ever good.

tank controls and a retarded 2deep4u story. so revolutionary.
>>
I'm a fan of the series and played all of them

Downpour is the worst of them. It's boring, nonsensical, funny, repetitive, clunky, broken, poorly written, acted, animated, no akira on the OST

Pure trash, avoid at all costs
>>
>>370397802
As bad as Origins and Downpour are, they are far from the worst as long as:

1. The Pachinko machine exists
2. Book of Memories exists
>>
>>370397802
Origins would have been the single best non-Team Silent game if it had been solely about Travis' personal demons and removed all the prequel garbage, or at the very least relegated it to implications rather than the crux of the story.
>>
File: 2714183-harrymason.png (164KB, 294x836px) Image search: [Google]
2714183-harrymason.png
164KB, 294x836px
>>370407124
no I have not

I'm just a tourist

I crashed my car earlier

I'm looking for my daughter

Have you seen her?
>>
>>370407854
I prefer it to Homecoming. Lame soundtrack, though.
>>
>>370409920
Homecoming was way more fun than DP

better music, better bosses. Had some nice atmosphere here and there and locations
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.