[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix Sonic, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: sayonara.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
sayonara.png
2MB, 1366x768px
How do we fix Sonic, /v/?
>>
File: Sonic Mania devs.png (437KB, 1355x1677px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Mania devs.png
437KB, 1355x1677px
>>369696451
Since this franchise and it's fanbase is fragmented to hell and back:

We get three branches, Classic, Modern, and Boom.

Classic Sonic games will be pic related. However, in future Classic games, old stages will not brought back as they where in Mania.
Characters will stick only to those in the Classic era. However, aside from Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Metal, Amy, fair game will be the Hooligans of Bark, Bean, and Nack/Fang as well as the Chaotix, and Ray and Mighty, since they were around as well.
>>
>>369696451
Wait for mania to come out.
>>
>>369696451
You're not gonna fix shit
Unless by fix, you mean "how can I annoy developers to make the game *I* want?"
You're not getting shit done
>>
Open world sanic. Make it happen. Instead of climbing mountains you can go fast up mountains.
>>
HD Remaster of Shadow the Hedgehog.
Or Shadow the Hedgehog 2.
>>
>>369698227
I should also mentions that in both the Classic and Modern branches, you don't need to have 12 characters that are playable (Heros, '06) but rotate 4-5 characters. The cast of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are guaranteed as playable, but maybe next game reintroduce Migthy as a playable character. Game after introduces the Hooligans as a rival trio, and you switch between them and the Classic trio. These are just examples of how to rotate the other characters to keep things fresh, if you have a big cast, you might as well give them some use. Gameplay is as momentum based as always, it is the Classic era.
>>
>>369696451
Fully embrace the edge and make Shadow the new mascot of the series.
>>
>>369698227
>We get three branches, Classic, Modern, and Boom.
You're just going to squeeze together the 3D platforming gameplay of Adventure, Heroes, Shadow and et cetera with the "hold boost" gameplay of Unleashed and Generations?
>>
>>369696451
Take him out to the back of the shed
>>
Wait until later this year

Sonic Mania and the Generations sequel should both be really good
>>
Go back in time and destroy Iizuka while hes working on Sonic R.
>>
>>369698792
I was basically thinking Boom could become Adventure in spirit, but keep the influence to the First Adventure game, which at least tried to be as momentum based as the Classics, and was nowhere near as bad with boost pads and scripted sequences of later games.

>>369698597

Modern Era does the same rotation thing with it's characters. Keep boost as minimal as it was in Colors, you have to earn that damn boost.

The games of this era will have no 2D sections whatsoever. Keep it strictly 3D.

Characters will rotate in the Modern era. Notice how Sonic and Shadow were the basically the same in the Generations Rival battle? One game has you play as both of them, next game is Sonic and Blaze, or at least make Tails, Knuckles, and Amy playable if you need to shoehorn them in (Lost World). The key word is rotate, if you have a cast, use them, but don't burn us out on them again by cramming 12 in one game.

This is just the ramblings of an autist in the morning though, not really something I've spent much time thinking about.
>>
File: klonic.jpg (252KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
klonic.jpg
252KB, 1024x640px
>>369696451
like this
>>
Gonna copy and paste from the Sonic thread last night:

How to fix Sonic: A complete guide

Since the Sonic fanbase is incapable of agreeing on which style of game is best for the series, and it's clear that Sega and Sonic team can't figure out what to do either, the best route of action is dividing gameplay into four categories and following a four-year release rotation:
Year One: Genesis-style 2D (Maybe 2.5D?) Sonic game
Year Two: Adventure-style 3D platforming Sonic game
Year Three: Rush/Colors DS-style 2D boost Sonic game
Year Four: Unleased-style 3D boost Sonic game
Divide the devs up into two teams: Team A and Team B. Team A makes the 2D games in years one and three. Team B makes the 3D games in years two and four. Every four years, the cycle repeats.
Alternatively, get Taxman/Stealth to make the 2D classic games and have Dimps work on the 2D boost games, and divide Sonic Team into two teams to work on the 3D games. This gives each team 4 years to work on their respective games.

Then, have spinoff games such as:
>Knuckles Treasure Hunting game
>Rouge Stealth game
>Chaotix Detective game
>solo Blaze game
>Babylon Rogues game to take the place of Riders
>etc.
Don't be afraid to outsource GOOD devs if necessary. Spinoff games aren't as critical as the main games, but they should still hold some degree of polish and quality.

Some other points
>Bring back non-instrumental soundtracks
Whether it means getting Runblebee, Crush 40, or even new artists on board, the series needs some variation in music from game to game.
>Fire Pontac and Graff
BALDY MCNOSEHAIR LMAO!
>Don't be afraid to have actual story
Black Knight is probably the ideal tone in terms of Sonic story. It can be childish and fun, but it has moments where it can be somewhat serious too.
>Get better voice actors
Mike Pollock is great and Roger Craig Smith has his moments, but everyone else is pretty terrible
>>
>>369698746
I wouldn't mind this honestly. The series could use a more serious tone from time to time as contrast to the kiddiness of Colors and Generations.
>>
>>369698746
One could only hope.
>>
>>369699749
Would it be unreasonable to merge the Boost of Rush and Unleashed?
>>
>>369699949
I'd say yes, but that might just be a personal view of mine. The Rush-styled games are clearly build around using boost. It's easy to build up and there's plenty of use for it in each and every level.

Unleashed style is kind of like that, but it's less branching paths and more of a fast-paced hallway kind of gameplay. Boost is more scarce, since you cant just do tricks and combos off just any old spring to fill up the gauge.

Unleashed style is more about speed, whereas Rush style is more about style.

Both boost systems are honestly pretty different.
>>
>>369698987
>Generations sequel
>really good
Pick one
>>
>>369700525
Generations ended up being considered one of the best Sonic games when it released.

Though I agree it's overrated, that's honestly in the minority. Though I don't know if that's changed.

>>369700302
I guess have Rush's branching paths with Unleashed's scarce boost? Could that work?
>>
>>369700761
I think it's best to keep 2D and 3D as separate as possible. Otherwise they design levels and gameplay for one aspect (usually 2D) far more than the other and the game suffers as a result.
>>
>>369700993
I guess I should add that what I was suggesting would be strictly 3D.
>>
You can't. It feels like every time Sonic Team takes a step forward and understands what a Sonic game should be like, they take five massive steps backward and trip into a pile of dog shit for the next game. That's not even getting into the ridiculously autistic fanbase, which is past fixing.

I hate to mention an e-celeb, but Super Bunnyhop has a pretty good video on the first levels of every major Sonic game that explains this.
>>
>>369701215
I like having a strictly 3D boost game, but I also think it has a place in 2D games like Rush. I don't see why we can't have both.
>>
>>369701465
Giving Boost both feels redundant, but that's just me.
>>
>>369701527
Oh, I agree, but there's enough differences that a large enough part of the fanbase would bitch if either gameplay style was removed. Besides, you've gotta have something for handhelds (even if the only one left is the Vita. Maybe the 3DS will still get games though)
>>
Go back in time and kill all the fans who were asking for Shadow to return after SA2.
>>
>>369702436
Why? At least Shadow has a character, unlike 90% of the other shitty friends, such as:
>Cock hungry whore
>Beta male Alpha orbiter
>YOU HORRID LITTLE HEDGEHOG
>Robot Sonic
>>
>>369702686
That's more shit writing. Shadow himself fell victim to that.
>>
>>369702686
But Shadow's character was raped in the following games, he would be better off dead and remembered as a decent anti-hero.
>>
>>369696451
take him out back and put a bullet in his brain
>>
>>369702872
06 was literally the best Shadow's character has ever been.

It's such a shame the rest of the game was garbage.
>>
>>369702960
Shadow only seemed to be good in 06 because all of the other characters were fucking terrible, but without comparing him to everyone else, he's pretty bland. He has almost none of the personality he had in SA2, and him becoming a G.U.N agent makes as much sense as a jew becoming a Nazi soldier after the Holocaust.

The one time this post-SA2 Shadow seemed interesting was when Heroes introduced the idea that he may not be the Shadow people knew from SA2, but a copy of him created by Eggman instead. But they threw that out of the window and made up a half-assed way for Shadow to have survived that fall through the Earth's atmosphere.
>>
Silver spinoff
>>
>>369703360
SA2
>I'm gonna kill everyone because Muh Ria
Heroes
>lololol Amnesia
Shadow
>I'm gonna find my reason for existing, one way or another
>I've put my past behind me. I'm gonna protect this planet and do what I know is right no matter the cost, but if the world chooses to become my enemy, then I will fight like I always.
>>
>>369703737
He was brainwashed in SA2.

And Shadow was just a continuation of the bullshit amnesia from Heros, Shadow already found it in SA2. Aliens were just bullshited into the timeline for no reason.
>>
>>369703360

>and him becoming a G.U.N agent makes as much sense as a jew becoming a Nazi soldier after the Holocaust.

Well he joined them in Shadow the Hedgehog's Expert Mode, so they just followed up on that. Apparently he was really serious about leaving his past behind him and starting fresh at the ending.
>>
>>369703737
SA2: Misguided character with foggy past who believes he must take revenge on the humans for Maria's death. Later he remembers everything, fights alongside Sonic and sacrifices himself to save the world and fulfill Maria's wish.

Heroes: He has amnesia for some reason, and Rouge doesn't tell him what happened in his past even though she was the one who read Gerald's diary because fuck you.

Shadow: He still has amnesia and Rouge still didn't tell him anything because fuck you. Then aliens invade the Earth and their leader is actually Shadow's father, making his backstory about 5x more retarded.

06: A literal generic action movie hero.
>>
>>369704196
>he joined them in Shadow the Hedgehog's Expert Mode
Lolwut?
>>
>>369704671
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Expert_Mode
>President: "Shadow? It's me. Word has reached the top brass that you're doing well with your training."
>Secretary: "Mr. President, you're late for your tee time with the Chief Cabinet Secretary of Japan."
>President: "Ah, yes, I almost forgot. Shadow, I'll talk to you later."
>Commander: "Shadow, do you read me? First, I want to... apologize, for the other day...Actually, I just became a grandfather last week, and I was thinking of maybe having you over. I know that training is tough...But try and do your best."
>>
>>369704196
>>369704671
THIS. Why did they HAVE to consider that "Nothing Personalâ„¢" edgefag of a game CANON to the main series? Fuck SEGA/Iizuka. Shadow staying dead would have made his character exist in high spirit instead of literally shitting on his corpse.
>>
>>369696451
Gut it, scrap it, reboot it in 5 years with one single completely new team.
>>
File: bait.jpg (190KB, 774x692px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
190KB, 774x692px
>>369705678
>>
>>369705546
I said lolwut because I never knew he joined GUN in expert mode. It's probably my favorite sonic game but I never got all As because of those fucking Ark stages
>>
>>369705449
E-123 Omega: "Shadow, I hear you're engaged in some training. You know you'll never be stronger than me!
BASED
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.