[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scorpio + General Xbox details

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 34

MS is planning to have a pre-E3 unveiling of the Scorpio sometime in early-May/late April. Full details of it will be finalised and announced in the coming weeks, including the exact date.
Here's a basic rundown of what will be said:
>The Scorpio, real name the "Xbox One Prime", will release in August for $450.
>Is not the start of a new console generation despite its significantly improved specs, but instead a premium entry to the Xbox One family intended for the hardcore, enthusiast consumer looking for the best graphics ever delivered by a console
>Aims to deliver gaming at a higher level fidelity than any previous console has been capable of doing, with true 4k being a touted feature.
>All games will function between it and the regular Xbox One + S just fine
>Bundles on day one will be for Crackdown 3 and Middle-earth: Shadow of War. Each will also have a second, more expensive option where they will include an Elite controller instead of a regular one.
>The Xbox Game Pass program will be discussed, and an initial list of titles for it will be put up online after the event

It will launch with the following games supporting true 4k from day one:
>Middle-earth: Shadow of War
>Crackdown 3
>EA's sports games, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and Battlefield 1
>A selection of Zenimax's AAA titles - including Prey, Fallout 4, and Doom.
>Select indies such as Warframe, Below, Cuphead, Ashen, Path of Exile, Gigantic, and We Happy Few.
>Final Fantasy XV
>The Division
>Halo Wars 2
>Resident Evil 7
>Gears of War 4
>Forza Horizon 3
>Other as of yet undetermined games, with a focus on Play Anywhere and AAA titles.

Continued in my next post.
>>
>>369481585
All future Xbox One games will support the Prime as well, though true 4k is not guaranteed, and there will be a 'turbo mode' for older unpatched games - including BC titles - allowing for more consistent framerates and resolution upscaling.

The following are all currently in talks to have particular effort put into their Prime modes to achieve true 4k resolution also:
>Destiny and its upcoming sequel
>Assassins Creed: Empire
>Red Dead Redemption 2
Future MS titles such as Forza 7, Halo 6, State of Decay 2, and Sea of Thieves will also have Prime support at launch - however, Forza 7 and the next Halo title will be announced at E3 and not the event itself.

No new games will be announced at this event, however new trailers will be shown for Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 3, Final Fantasy XV, and Shadow of War running on the Prime at 4k.

Feel free to ask me anything, I will try to answer what I can.
>>
>>369481585
You forgot this but we all know it's a launch game for Scorpio: Halo 3 Anniversary.
>>
Guess I should use a trip if I'm answering questions.

>>369481802
There's absolutely no plans for it. It'd clash with Halo 6 and they view it as unnecessary after the MCC brought it to the current gen already.
>>
>>369481657
>>369481585
This sounds disappointing enough to be true.
>>
>>369481585
>Elite controller
Biggest meme of them all, especially considering IW is the last futuristic (=jetpack/slide) FPS
>>
>>369482434
How do you know all this stuff, because there's absolutely no way they're missing out on releasing their 10th anniversary game with their console. Did MCC compete with Halo 5? No. People got both. I highly doubt it will be $450 because no other console has ever launched for that price, and it has to compete with Pro. And it will be nextgen-ish more so than you describe, because the person who leaked Pro also said PS5 would be coming in 2018, so the Scorpio is next-gen for Xbox in some way, it's not gonna be as much of an upgrade as you describe.
>>
>>369481657
why do you lie on the internet?
>>
>>369482991
>How do you know all this stuff,
Work and friends.
>because there's absolutely no way they're missing out on releasing their 10th anniversary game with their console.
You're incorrect.
>Did MCC compete with Halo 5? No.
They also released a year apart. Halo 6 is not releasing that
>I highly doubt it will be $450 because no other console has ever launched for that price, and it has to compete with Pro
The Xbox One launched for higher, numerous consoles have. Its $450 to cut the profit margin as thin as possible to keep it competitive, but it is still intended to be a premium product.
>And it will be nextgen-ish more so than you describe, because the person who leaked Pro also said PS5 would be coming in 2018, so the Scorpio is next-gen for Xbox in some way, it's not gonna be as much of an upgrade as you describe.
I can't speak for Sony, but the Prime is not intended to be a next-gen console. It is not being talked about as such internally and will not be marketed as such either.
>>
>>369483741
I'm saying Xbone launched for 500 with Kinect. It's never in the middle like you suggest. Also So will H3A, it will launch in 2017 with the console, while Halo 6 will launch fall 2018. I'm just using common sense here while you're making shit up. There's no way they'd miss out on this perfect opportunity to make tons of money. A confirmed leaker, who was correct about Pro, said PS5 would come in 2018, which suggests that Scorpio is a next gen machine. The backwards compatibility they talk about will be just that, backwards compatibility.
>>
I dont really think its the best idea. More games should be the important thing. I still gotta say I love my xbone and will probably get a scorpio, but the brand's in a bad position and I doubt people will buy the scorpio.
>>
"Prime-Mode" on Destiny, Gears 4, and The Division, is enough to sell me on it.

Never played any of those games and this will bring a small revival to them and make them look or feel less old.

- Crackdown 3 is probably the system seller here, showing a big improvement in visuals, probably showing solely the CD3 on Prime at the show and letting gaming sites show the XB1 version with less resolution.

I'm interested in seeing what 4k tv manufacturers buddy up w Prime, being the "official TV of Xbox Prime" is smart.
>>
>>369485008

PCbro here. Honest truth is that there is absolutely zero chance of it running games at 4k 60fps, a pc which can costs $1000+.

4k 30fps is the biggest meme of the century and should not be done at all over 1080p 60fps.
>>
>>369485279
I can confirm this. Native 4k@30fps is the aim for all of the games I listed afaik, though there is going to be options for 1080p Prime modes which may support 60fps - much like the Pro's multiple output settings.
>>
>>369485279
4K is a goddamn meme made to make money anyways.

Unless you sit 4 feet away from 65" screen, this shit doesn't make sense.
>>
File: 1314555.png (9KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
1314555.png
9KB, 500x538px
>>369485279
You're wrong about the reason 4k is a meme.
>Honest truth is that there is absolutely zero chance of it running games at 4k 60fps
Of course it can. Hell, so can something like the PS4 pro. Just like the 360 and PS3 could both do games at 1080p60. The issues is WHICH games they could, and that gets into a lot of subjective artistic decisions. Right now top of the line PCs can or can't do high res at a given framerate too depending on what the setting is, we're still to this day a long way from being "done" with real time graphics (in terms of actual full photorealism, including full 10 or 12 bit color, true HDR etc), offline rendering of CGI on massive clusters is still a thing for that reason. Conversely there are lots of types of games where you max out at a much lower threshold simply because of the type of graphics they use.

So it's more accurate to say that more powerful PCs or consoles can expand the envelope of what can be run at a given res and framerate, but that's it. "Capable of 'true' XXXX@YY" is fucking stupid, it's a total moving target. Or more objectively, it's purely a matter of the physical output standard supported, if it's capable of supplying HDMI or DP at the given res then it's "capable" of that res, otherwise not.
>>
File: bullshit.png (117KB, 570x558px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
117KB, 570x558px
>>369481585
>crackdown 3 isn't vaporware
>>
There's such a massive rift in specs that Niggersoft should just go ahead and start the next gen.
>>
File: 1 ICE CUBE.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1 ICE CUBE.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>369484327
>PS5 coming out next year
i don't fucking believe it, it's been 4 years since this generation started and it's been a completed slog and now were gonna have to start over next year?
>>
>>369481802
What's the point? Halo 3 at 1080P looked pretty good for what it was, just bump it up to 4K and just worry about making the next Halo good unlike 4 and 5.
>>
>>369481585
>no new games announced

welp, its the end of the xbox brand
>>
>>369481657
will the turbo mode actually fix mcc if not its another piece of shit to me are they planning to continue to support ki on the prime?
>>
>>369481585
So is full Halo 6 coming to Windows or are they gonna meme use again with a Forge Mode?
>>
>>369481585
Ugh this rundown is too long
>>
$450 isn't too bad for a 6 TFLOP machine considering the 1070 itself is around $400. My only concern is if they're gonna use the ancient shitty Jaguar CPU when they could just use Ryzen.
>>
>>369487459
well yes the wii u can do 4k 60 fps but it would have to be black and white and be tetris but it can do it. I doubt the xbox prime will be able to do anything but simple indie games at 4k 60fps
>>
>>369488364
Where already past 2/3 of this gen if sony and microsoft really are honest when they told us that this gen would be a lot shorter then the last one.
>>
>>369481585
>cuphead
Implying that game is coming out anytime soon
>>
>>369481585
>6 TFlops for $450

I love me some Halo and Forza but even I know that this isn't true. Expect at least $600.
>>
>>369482991
Nobody wants another halo remaster
>>
>>369489128
AMD can supply MS with GPUs for really cheap I'm sure. You do have a point though. They're going to skimp on something major if it is $450. Most likely CPU like I said.
>>
>>369484327
>A confirmed leaker, who was correct about Pro, said PS5 would come in 2018

lol nope. PS4 still selling like hotcakes.
>>
>>369488704
There's still E3 ;)
>>369488714
In what way do you mean 'fix'? It'll run better, if that's what you're asking.
>>369488719
Halo 6 is remaining console exclusive.
>>369488981
From what I'm hearing there shouldn't be a new 'next gen' console from our side until at least 2019.
>>369489046
It's coming in the Summer.
>>
File: 1342232266974.jpg (25KB, 332x348px) Image search: [Google]
1342232266974.jpg
25KB, 332x348px
But I head the scorpio is supposed to be MS's step into the next gen
>>
>>369488364
dude console gens have always been 5ish years only the last gen was 10 how new are you to gaming 4k was a pipe dream when the ps4 and xbox one were being developed now its becoming to common to fast, people want 4k gaming consoles.

Its not like when the ps3 and xbox 360 were coming out and 720p was accepted
>>
>>369489407
Microsoft strikes again with bullshit promises like porting all exclusives to Windows 10.
>>
>>369489407
>In what way do you mean 'fix'? It'll run better, if that's what you're asking.
I mean will it play at a constant 60 fps

will games actually wait till every player loads in before starting the match.

Will weapons make sounds all the time

will things spawn in the correct areas?
>>
Any big plans for Windows 10 related to gaming or is it all about Scorpio?
>>
Will Scallebound ever get uncanceled?
>>
>>369489892
Nice meme
>>
>>369485834
this
>>
Can you provide any proof for the price? At $450 that sounds very hard to believe considering the tech that's being packed in.
>>
>>369489538
For whatever its worth to you, attempts are being made - serious, real attempts - to revive the PC development side of Microsoft's game division.
A studio was previously acquired and commissioned to start work on Age of Empires IV, and while it unfortunately didn't work out and led to it being shuttered there is still very much interest in the project and from what I know a new team may be close to being put on it.
>>369489771
Like I said above, AoE4 is something that is actively being strived towards. Besides that the Play Anywhere initiative is going to continue for the foreseeable future and nearly all of our first party titles will be coming to Windows 10 - the exceptions, such as Halo 6, will be rare.
Beyond that however the primary focus is on expanding the Xbox ecosystem with new units out in the market and improving services attached to them as of now, with the secondary goal of establishing new studios and teams to work on first party titles.
>>369489682
I've heard of no plans to patch it any further than it already has been, so besides the 60fps issue I imagine the other matters will be unaffected.
>>369489892
There's bad blood there. Very, very bad blood. I imagine that whatever can be salvaged from it will be but the project is dead and isn't coming back.
>>
So is this Microsoft's Neo Geo?

They are going to make an expensive high capacity console and expect everyone to buy it?
>>
>>369490195
thank you for the info guess xbox is dead to me then, if they still do not want to fix the mcc I get to save my money
>>
File: science.jpg (106KB, 1228x768px) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
106KB, 1228x768px
>>369488364
>i don't fucking believe it, it's been 4 years since this generation started and it's been a completed slog and now were gonna have to start over next year?
Other anons already replied but I actually think they're missing the real point: Sony and MS are both on x86+GPGPU with homozygous memory now. Granted the exact layout of their APUs and the exact graphic extensions they support have a few quirks, but fundamentally they're pretty standard, there will probably never ever be another true custom architecture ever again.

That completely changes the game in terms of backwards compatibility, capital expenditure requirements, how cheap new consoles can be launched at for profitability, how fast they can be developed, etc., all of which in turn changes the calculations for upgrade schedules. Sony and MS should be able to achieve perfect or perfect+ (ie., old games can actually run a bit better on newer kit) backwards compat from here on out. Breaking with the 360 and PS3 was painful but this was part of the payoff, now more core arch changes ever. In fact PS5 and Xtwo will be the first major consoles ever that should be running the exact same core arch and setup (more specifically: being strict feature supersets, they'll have new stuff but the old won't have gone away) as the previous generous.

So basically it'll be more like the PC always has been in terms of being able to run games from a year or 5 years or 10 years or 15 years ago no problem and no porting. The differentiation of consoles will come down to a different focus in terms of the appliance-like nature, automated maintenance, and vastly decreased hardware target surface area from a dev point of view.

So every 5 years say will be different from before. No current games will stop working.
>>
So are you guys ever gonna stop trying to push DX12 into your new exclusives? The tech clearly has no major benefit on either sides in any of the games I've seen, especially Nvidia. It's broken as shit and I wish you guys would take it back to the drawing board.
>>
>>369487582
I bumped into a CD3 designer the otherday I am incredibly hyped and hope they don't JUST the cloud destruction /
>>
>>369489407
>Halo 6 is remaining console exclusive.

That's not true, I know for a fact it is coming onto Windows 10
>>
>>369490173
Sadly, I can't. You can choose to believe me or not - you'll know for sure within two months or so.

What I can say, however, is that the Prime is being sold for as little as possible without us taking a loss on each unit. Xbox live subscriptions, game purchases, accessories, etc. are expected to make up for this - and its part of why services and online multiplayer are being pushed so hard now, since they are extremely profitable.

>>369490375
No, the business plan is that the S will be bought by the average consumer and the Prime will be those looking for higher performance - particularly those considering swapping to PC or the Pro. It's a premium product that we do not expect to replace our regular units in terms of sales.

>>369490635
DX12 cost a lot to develop and will not be ditched. Work is being done to amend issues related to it, but we're sticking with it.
>>
>>369481585
But will scorpio feature even more POWER OF THE CLOUD FOR INFINITE EXPANDABILITY then ever before!?!?!?
>>
Will the Scorpio release in Norilsk? Please I need to know
>>
where is ms getting money to keep up the xbox? xbone was financed by the nsa so that makes sense, but is scorpio up to their information gathering standards?
>>
It's sad that anyone thinks this is going to do anything to push MS ahead of anyone. This is a low volume product for enthusiasts even more so that the PS4 Pro. I bet it struggles to 3 million lifetime.
>>
>>369481585
Will we have a Halo 6 this year?
>>
>>369491184
Microsoft isnt only the gaming division.
>>
>>369490889
I'll admit the last I heard of this matter was quite a few months ago, so if you could post something like the internal code name for it as evidence I'd appreciate it, since I'd really love to know if the exclusivity of it has changed.

>>369490989
The Crackdown 3 tech is planned for usage in future titles, yes, its part of why we've been so patient with its long development. Being able to utilise incredibly performance heavy features such as it on platforms that aren't strong enough to natively use them is - as you could imagine - a very, very compelling concept and its believed it might become a unique selling point for the entire brand if positioned right.

>>369491184
Ha ha

>>369491249
Not to my knowledge, no.
>>
>>369491238
INFINITE
POWER
VIRTUAL
REALITY
CENTER
OF
YOUR
DIGITAL
LIVING
ROOM!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>369488981
>>369489407
my problem isn't that this generation is too short

my problem is that these consoles are near the end of their life cycle apparently and this generation feels it's been a fucking game drought for almost the entire time since launch except these first few months feels like what this generation should have been to begin with. and now in a year so were gonna have to go through this drought again?
>>
>>369491184
The Xbox division is incredibly profitable for them dude, and it's fucking Microsoft. They may as well be a literal money pit. Are you stupid?
>>
I'm just curious for the memes, are you guys gonna talk about how good it is as a TV box again at E3?
>>
>>369491454
Is there going to be more windows 10 games from Microsoft this e3?
>>
>>369491578
All MS games from now on are Windows 10 games. Every First Party Game (MS Owned IP, doesn't have to be from a FP studio) is an Xbox Play Anywhere game.
>>
>>369491578
Not OP but almost all exclusive are being ported. Apparently Halo 6 is not on the list in order to sell Xboxs is my guess
>>
File: 1452052883786.gif (685KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452052883786.gif
685KB, 500x500px
>>369491536
>The Xbox division is incredibly profitable for them
>>
>>369491184
From their total domination of the corporate markets. I don't think people realize how much money they actually make. MS throws tons of money at R&D fully expecting to lose money.

The Xbox brand at this point is just an executive darling. If investors had their way, it would have been one and done with the original, but there are a lot of people with power that simplest want to make a video game system so they allow it.
>>
>>369491536
The Xbox division has been a net money pit. They are still a billion in the hole.
>>
>>369491454
Is there any hidden games coming from Microsoft this year? Like a Fable or the rumor beseeched games.
>>
Is this packing Vega or Polaris tech for the gpu?
>>
>>369491937
Bethesda games*
>>
>>369491757
Not the same person, but it is. Ever since 2008 Microsoft has been making a profit from the xbox division.
>>
>>369491935
But the same could be said for Sony.
>>
>>369492208
The PlayStation division of Sony is highly profitable dude. Sonys losses are coming from other divisions. In fact Sony is still alive mostly thanks to PS.
>>
>>369491532
Like I said, to the furthest extent of my knowledge there are no plans for us to create a next-gen console this side of 2019.

>>369491568
The E3 schedule isn't set in stone yet and I'm not privy to anything but portions of what might be there. That said, everyone here is aware of the negative reaction to that sorta thing so I'd expect it to be minimal.

>>369491578
This E3 there will be Forza 7. Beyond that...hard to say. There'll be more Play Anywhere titles for sure, but I've not got a solid read on anymore details than that.

>>369491828
Its more than just that, the division has actually been earning money for years now even if there's still debts to be paid.

Additionally, synergy between systems and the forming of ecosystems is a core part of corporate strategy now - the big wigs want people using MS products and services for every aspect of their digital life. Having a gaming console/multimedia centre is an important part of that.

>>369491937
Halo 6 and Forza 7. Possible one other, but besides that there'll be no more first party reveals this year.
>>
hopfully don't settle for an absolute shit cpu

but i doubt it since this thing has to work with the xbones
>>
>>369491828
>If investors had their way, it would have been one and done with the original, but there are a lot of people with power that simplest want to make a video game system so they allow it.
That's honestly the real question. MS has lost a ton of money on the xbox and 360, yeah they've also got a shitload, but they're a public corp. Every dollar they lose is a dollar that could have gone to shareholders, and shareholders ultimately want maximum dollars, that's the entire fucking point. Losses are fine if they're temporary as part of a strategy but Xbox has had ever more trouble justifying that particularly as so much future stuff has shifted to mobile, the whole "center of digital living room" thing was once a real fight but is now a subject of mockery because it's basically obsolete as a concept. If Xbox is just a money-losing or for that matter only minimally profitable basic gaming platform and that's it, no grand strategy for how it'll boost MS everywhere else, investors may lose patience and force the issue eventually, or new management may come in who aren't willing to cut the same slack.

On the other hand the whole x86 switch should make it a lot easier to justify keeping it going indefinitely since it's a ton cheaper now. They don't need it to be so ambitious, and they can push synergies with Windows a lot harder. Microsoft still doesn't really have any existence in the mobile market at all besides apps/server services, so maybe any extra toehold somewhere is worth something.
>>
File: 1417758431580.jpg (88KB, 422x329px) Image search: [Google]
1417758431580.jpg
88KB, 422x329px
Are there plans to remaster more huegbox games beside Voodoo Vince?
>>
>>369492157
Generating profit but they haven't generated anything close to 3 billion in profit to offset the first 10 years of losses.

They also have posted 3 quarters of losses since the XB1 launch so they have made a lot of money overall.
>>
>>369492376
The PS3 was a massive money sinker. And saying that the PS4 is Sony's most profitable division isn't saying much considering all the other divisions are in the negative. lol
>>
File: smug asuka.jpg (226KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
smug asuka.jpg
226KB, 560x577px
>tfw so caught up with laughing at the Nintendo Switch ongoing trainwreck that you totally forget that xbox even exists at all
>>
>>369492551
>Voodoo Vince
>Phantom Dust
Please let Panzer Dragoon Orta be next
>>
>>369492157
>Ever since 2008 Microsoft has been making a profit from the xbox division.
Only if you completely ignore capex and r&d. Also "xbox division" on their SEC reports encompasses a lot more then just the xbox, you need to dive into the details to get the real story sometimes. They have to be honest in their investor reports but that doesn't mean they can't do a bit of creative accounting in terms of what gets shuffled into what division. As a direct MS example, for a very long time the Mac version of Office was put into MS's entertainment division, and it was a money printer that offset losses on the high level overview.
>>
>>369492461
It's why they abandoned this objective a while ago and basically changed it to being a method to push the adoption of Windows 10. The original mission of the Xbox brand failed miserably.
>>
>>369492570
Yes, but they are almost done recouping their total lost. Microsoft has made a profit on xbox one overall and now with UWP they will make their money back in no time.
>>
>>369492683
It basically doesn't exist, there are barely any threads on it or any mention of it on /v/ and that's been the case for a while. We should see a brief bump due to scorpio, but it's a bad sign when people aren't even shitting on something and just don't think about it at all.
>>
>>369492768
The original point of xbox was to get windows in people's living room which they are doing now.
>>
>>369492551
Yes, I know for a fact that a small part of Phil's recent trip to Japan was for discussing that exact matter.
>>
>>369492712
Well to be fair, Macs aren't for getting work done.
>>
File: 1488739677631.jpg (63KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
1488739677631.jpg
63KB, 640x627px
>>369492768
The original plan was to move players away from the consoles to the PC. Not only the Xbox is a fucking console, but Steam did that alone, uh.
>>
>>369492379
> Halo 6 and Forza 7. Possible one other, but besides that there'll be no more first party reveals this year.

No way they are doing that. The backlash would be huge. They need around 5 first party AAA ips announced for 2017 and beyond. Also, if there anymore pc games like City Skyline and path of exiles coming to xbox?
>>
>>369492551
>Voodoo Vince
You had me excited I just looked it up and it's not even a proper remaster
>>
File: 1392494653122.png (206KB, 275x436px) Image search: [Google]
1392494653122.png
206KB, 275x436px
>>369492975
>mfw
>>
>>369481585
I don't see the point of them releasing a stronger version when there aren't even games to play on it. They should seriously be concentrating on software right now.
>>
>>369493229
There is games to play on it though.
>>
>>369492897
Yeah, it's pretty sad. I don't think about PS4 either, but for some reason people here talk about it. The only reason for me to even consider getting a PS4 is to play bloodborn. But I can't think of a single xbone game I'd want to play at all.

This is by far the worst console generation. The two consoles are just shitty PCs and nintendo's crap is even more full-retard than usual.
>>
>>369493197
How is it not a proper remaster?
>>
>>369492803
No they have not. They have not even hit a billion in profits since 2008 with the Xbox division and this when even after restructuring it to hide the losses.

MS added 1.9 billion to that 3 billuon number with the red ring issue and only made a net profit of 900 million on the 360 itself.

Shit the XB1 is hardly profitable after losing 400 million its first year:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/08/xbox-one-lost-microsoft-400000000-during-last-fiscal-year/

That puts the XB1 at about 120 million in profit since the release.

They have hardly even made a dent in that 3 billion of startup losses.
>>
File: 1486086136294.jpg (25KB, 492x379px) Image search: [Google]
1486086136294.jpg
25KB, 492x379px
>>369492975
What else? Please tell me he also went to Platinum's headquarters to bring Nier Automata to the xbox.

I mean, its the least they could do for fucking up Scallebound so bad
>>
>>369481585
>>369481657
[citation needed]
>>
Tangentially related: How's the XONE S Controller? My 360 controller is showing it's age.
>>
>>369481585
>The Scorpio, real name the "Xbox One Prime"
Why do they have to change the code name every time, especially when the final name sucks.
Same shit happened with the Neo.
>>
Will the Scorpio run multiplat games better than the PS4/PS4 Pro?
>>
>>369493170
>No way they are doing that. The backlash would be huge. They need around 5 first party AAA ips announced for 2017 and beyond.
Forza 7, Halo 6, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, and State of Decay are those five titles - with two more in development, one close to starting, and numerous others coming together to have work commence.

But yes, the past few years have been rough. Studios closed, projects were cancelled, and third party deals were timed at best. A lot of people are working really hard to change this, but in the end it takes lots of time and lots of money.

>>369493229
Software is being focused on, but it doesn't just get made and release overnight.

>>369493505
No chance in hell of that, there's some severely bad blood between Platinum and us.
>>
>>369493590
Because internal code names are never intended for public use.
>>369493649
Unless the devs mess up terribly, yes.
>>
>>369493117
You joke but in seriousness it's actually kind of an interesting example of how the economics of this works sometimes. A lot of people thought of Mac Office as some sort of backwater, so it didn't get much attention, but it was actually a huge money spinner. Yeah the number of copies was much, much lower, but the thing is basically every single user was paying the full $300+ sticker price. It was never included, never an OEM price, rarely even part of a corporate license, it was heavily biased towards relatively well off individual purchasers. Sometimes a small but well off market can be very profitable vs a gigantic mass market (which is MS bread&butter). I knew some Mac division MS guys, they were pretty chill, somewhat off the main corp org chart but they worked hard and they definitely brought home the bacon. Mac IE was actually the best browser on the market for a few years back around when OS X first launched, more advanced in a lot of ways in terms of html/css support then the Windows version.
>>
>>369493462
Do you think they give a fuck? Minecraft alone costed 2.5 billion dolaridoos.
>>
>>369493814

>Cortana

Oh wait, I'm pretty sure some exec wanted to rename it to "Xbox Live Assistant" or something equally pointless.
>>
>>369493814
>Because internal code names are never intended for public use.
Except Microsoft already teased us with the Scorpio name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHjMF8d5yOA
>>
Microsoft giving up on the Xbone I see. They're trying to release Scorpio fast so people will buy it instead of waiting for PS5.
Trying to win by being faster. That might work.
>>
>>369493672
What the hell. Why is there bad blood? Phill looked totally chill about Platinum and even said he would gladly work with them again on another project given the chance. He said it recently in an interview.
>>
>>369493814
Can you tell the higher ups I want to play games in 1080p60fps solid instead of 4k60fps with lots of drops?
>>
>>369493906
No I think they have written this off at this point as this is what MS does in many cases. But I just want to make sure it's clear. The Xbox division is making money now but they haven't come anywhere close to profiting from the division as a whole.
>>
>>369493672
Two more questions. Will Minecraft ever be xbox CONSOLE exclusive in the future (kept off ps5)?
My last question, will Microsoft do anymore buyouts? I suggest they buy out rocket league because that is the biggest digital game on xbox one and ps4. Should be a cheap buyout considering the studio that created it has only 30 people.
>>
>>369481585

Sounds like such a Microsoft thing to do that I believe it.
>>
Scorpio would inevitably lose against PS5 if they released simultaneously so Microsoft's rushing it out.
>>
>WOW LOOK AT THAT TRUE 4K
Normies won't give a shit, they think the ps4 pro is already 4k since it's working on their 4k tv.
>WOW LOOK AT THAT FORZA, HALO, FORZA
Why normies would suddenly care about that? What does it have to do with the scorpio.
>>
>>369494487
MS knows Sony can't keep up the pace. They're haemorrhaging too much money everywhere to kill the PS4 right now.
>>
>>369494545
Phil already stated xbox one is their main console. Scorpio is a premium product just like xbox elite. It will only be for the hardcore fans and could possible last 6 years on the market.
>>
>>369494135
Phil is never, ever going to talk publicly about any of the arguments, fights, and heated comments exchanged over any of our closed studios or cancelled projects. Trust me, do not take his word on this sorta thing at face value - his primary motivation is making sure that there is minimal PR damage over these sorts of things.

In Platinum's case, I'm not privy to the precise details of what went down; but I've heard that apparently there were arguments over deadlines and extensions, withheld payments due to these, and Platinum unable to accommodate conditions in the contract on the features the game would be required to have. In the end we dropped it because they just couldn't get the job done, and it was not a happy termination of the project for either side.

>>369494246
All I've heard about Minecraft is what the public has; there are no plans to keep it off of other platforms.
As for buyouts, the possibility is there but under Phil the company is trying to grow more talent inside our studios and form new ones rather than just snapping up whatever we can.
>>
File: 1445712852393.jpg (94KB, 470x611px) Image search: [Google]
1445712852393.jpg
94KB, 470x611px
>>369494938

>"they couldn't get the job done"

More like "they wouldn't keep bending over for us so we told them to go to hell".
>>
>>369494938
Is there any chance the Prime will cost more than 450? That seems too low.
>>
>>369494938
Not long ago someone from Blizzard was mentioning consoles should be able to use Keyboard/Mouse controls to even the playing field. Do you know of any plans to let Xbox games use them for gameplay?
>>
Who's getting one? I have a PS4. Played it some a few years back, but it's been collecting dust for awhile. So, going to change over to Xbox.
>>
>>369494938
Fucking hell. that seems to be the childish fucking reason as to not realease a game so more people can play it.

The first Nier was on the Xbox, the second game should be too. And it would be a perfect opportunity to make the first one backwards compat too. what a shame
>>
>>369494824
>MS knows Sony can't keep up the pace. They're haemorrhaging too much money everywhere to kill the PS4 right now.
See >>369490549. PS5 will only "kill" the PS4 in the same way that the PS4 Pro "killed" the PS4 or for that matter a new graphics card kills your old one. Also Sony stopped haemorrhaging money a while ago anon, they've been steadily dumping the money black hole divisions even when they've had to take one-time charges to do it. PS4 powered them to their first full year profit in 3 years last april, we'll find out about this past fiscal year (not aligned with calendar year in this case) in another few months but no sign of it being worse. Q2 2016 (November) they were still profitable, down YoY but in part due to more down sizing, and importantly even Sony Mobile wasn't a blackhole any longer, merely minimally profitable. PS division remained by far the best.

Not that they don't have a ways to go still or lots of room to mess up but right now they're full steam ahead as a company on the playstation. And now that AMD is significantly improving their core IP blocks both MS and Sony will have way more to work with. I still think Sony could/should wait until 2019 or 2020 if it looks like they can go direct to something like Xpoint but that might be too ambitious and too long a wait in the current environment. Some Ryzen/Vega IP utilizing 2018 APU variant with 16GB memory should be plenty vs PS4.
>>
>>369495246
Also known as "couldn't get the fucking job done." When you're a hired gun that says you can get shit done in a certain period of time but don't deliver, that's what happens.
>>
>>369481585

So no games then

Microsoft will be out of the console race next gen, count on it.
>>
>>369495246
It's a case of MS falling for meme companies and developers.

It worked out well with Sakaguchi (see Lost Odyssey last gen), it absolutely did not with Kamiya (Scallebound).

You can really tell who's the hack and who isn't this way.
>>
>>369494938
Have you ever seen Phil get mad? Does he curse a lot?
>>
>>369496071
I thought he said this is a pre-E3 show. The games will be revealed by E3.
>>
>>369481585
As an elite gamer, I have to have the Xbox One Scorpio and Xbox One Elite Controller when I kick ass and take names online!
>>
>>369492379
>Halo 6 and Forza 7. Possible one other, but besides that there'll be no more first party reveals this year.
you do know they are planning to announce a final ki character at E3 so I have no idea what you mean by that
>>
>>369496235
Which means no games. Microsoft never has games at their conference, only future cancellations.
>>
>>369494938
Why does MS drop their cool Project names (Natal, Scorpio) for the blandest 'brand' words they can think of
>>
>>369495246
Mate, they straight up could not deliver the game in the timeframe or with the features we agreed upon. They signed up to it and agreed to make the game as promised, and they couldn't deliver. Its not our fault.

>>369495385
Perhaps. Keeping the cost as low as possible has been a priority despite its premium status for numerous reasons though. I would be shocked if the plan has changed significantly, but the most I could see it rising to - if by some chance it has - is 500. Period.

>>369495480
None that I know of.

>>369496120
I've only met him or even been in the same room as him a few times but he's always been an absolute gent.

>>369496235
Correct. The event will focus on the Prime and already revealed games, E3 will be for new stuff.
>>
>>369496492
Wow, went to comment in another thread and forgot to put back on my trip. Whoops.

>>369496417
Marketability.

>>369496393
We have three first party reveals lined up this year, and a few third party ones too. Trust me, this E3 will have its fair share of surprises.
>>
>>369496492
Is 'Turbo mode' a general framerate bump or does the Console aim at 60fps?

Also whats the likelyhood new games will run at 60 on the prime
>>
>>369496492
My biggest gripe is why the hell was Lionhead working on fable legends instead of fable 4. Fable has been a proven ip that sold millions and they aren't doing anything with it. Will there be a Fable in the future?
>>
>>369482434
>There's absolutely no plans for it. It'd clash with Halo 6 and they view it as unnecessary after the MCC brought it to the current gen already.
FUCKING THANK YOU!
>>
>>369496384
So true. Best part of being part of the elite ass kickers is being able to show everyone else online that I did!
>>
Are people actually buying these upgrades like Pro and now coming Scorpio?
>>
>>369481585
This... sounds believable, I mean looking at the Switch reveal I can see them not going all out as well. Still can't wait for Microsoft and Nintendo's E3 events.
>>
>>369496736
Turbo mode is pretty much the boost mode for the Pro, as I understand it. Unpatched games will receive the benefits of the Prime's better hardware and subsequently will have higher framerates and a better resolution if its usually dynamic. Upscaling to 4k should also be an option.

>>369496737
Honestly, I really dunno what happened with the origins of that project. As for future Fable games? Yes, there's no plans to just let the IP die.

>>369496858
You're welcome?

>>369496995
My understanding is that the Pro is doing pretty well.
>>
>>369494135
he also said ps4 and xbone could play together, its never happening because the higher ups are pissed he is just the face you fucking retard
>>
>>369496737
imhofam
Fable 3's massive flack and the demise of Peter Molyneux was what killed the franchise.

such a shame really, it had so much potential. It just needed more RPG elements and a big interconnected open world.
>>
>>369494135
How old are you?
>>
>>369496235

We need games now nig nog not next year, Microsoft getting killed in the streets by Sony games
>>
>>369489407
>Halo 6 is remaining console exclusive.
YAY!!!!!
>>
>>369497271
This.
Xbox is getting slaughtered this year by Sony.
>>
How big is this thing suppose to be?
Have they improved the form factor?
Will DSP be able to afford one?
>>
File: 1487467749003.jpg (35KB, 411x411px) Image search: [Google]
1487467749003.jpg
35KB, 411x411px
>>369497194
I know I sound like an underage typing like that but fuck me, I really want the blue balls season to end for the Xbox. I don't care if this is a massive troll thread or not.
>>
>>369491454
Will Halo 6 and future mainline Halo games focus on Master Chief only and not pull a Halo 2 and 5?
>>
>>369496886
I can't wait until Xbox One Scorpio sails in to stores this holiday season!
>>
>>369492975
Will the Phantom Dust Reboot announced in 2014 that got put on hold be worked on again? Also is Fable dead?
>>
>>369497096
What's microsoft's big plan to win back all the fans in the next 4 years?
>>
>>369497458
This generation is over and done with, Sony won, they are starting to go exponential with network effects like in the PS2 era. That doesn't mean MS can't still compete just fine though and start laying the groundwork for winning next gen. Sony ultimately doesn't have the dosh that MS does, Xbox SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GEN, all the fundamentals were in MS' favor. Sony didn't do anything brilliant, they just learned decent core lessons from the PS3 snafu and applied them, they weren't geniuses they just didn't actively fuck themselves this time. They only are doing well because MS and Nintendo did actively fuck themselves. All MS has to do is execute normally next time with no stupid bullshit like Kinect and they'll win, and that'd be without the huge advantage that comes from Windows integration and UWP amortization. Just because PS4 won this gen doesn't mean Sony isn't the walking dead still.
>>
>>369481585
So what kind of memes will we hear at presentation? Bigger pixels I think is given.
>>
>>369497096
>You're welcome?
Sorry idiots keep thinking it would happen but I clarified like 50 times that it wasn't.
>>
>>369498123
PS3 somehow came back later, but it had games, XBONE on the other hand don't have them.
>>
>>369498173
>bigger dead pixels than what you get on the Switch
Microsoft's trying to catch up with Nintendo's best feature
>>
File: 1484696271413.gif (2MB, 328x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484696271413.gif
2MB, 328x240px
>>369481585
>Crackdown 3

Don't toy with me, I already know it's going to get pushed back again and then inevitably canned.
>>
>>369498461
PlayStation exclusives hardly sell well outside of uncharted.
>>
>>369497731
No idea.
>>369497996
Phantom Dust's reboot is dead. Fable isn't.
>>369498060
In summary:
>Provide strong value on purchases via integration into the microsoft ecosystem, services that our competition doesn't have such as backwards compatibility and the Game Pass/EA vault programs, and a good price for the hardware
>Continuously releasing titles from our staple franchises that incrementally improve on themselves while offering a robust amount of single and multiplayer content to appeal to the broadest number of people possible
>Establish new studios/teams to work on our currently inactive IP and new ones
>Foster stronger third party relations with major publishers so as to ensure that as many games as possible release on our systems
>Help out exciting indie projects so as to ensure they reach their maximum potential and provide innovative and fun new games for our players

TL;DR: Work on what we're doing right already and try to get more games out on our systems

>>369498596
Nope.
>>
>>369481585
Can they use Prime when Amazon Prime exists? Or all of this is bullshit?
>>
>>369490786
>cloud destruction multiplayer only

It already is JUST m8
>>
>>369498461
>PS3 somehow came back later
It did because
A) MS fucked up and also took their eye off the prize, they were super dysfunctional at the time
while
B) Sony fired ken and did a whole reorganization, and then worked really damn hard to connect with middleware developers and devs and stuck it out for the long haul

But MS has now done their own major reorg and is executing a lot better, they have some freshness on the top, they're far more on their home turf, they've got better vision, and they've also had the direct lesson of the Xbone to learn from and motivate them. All that and still shitloads of money. MS folks hate to lose.
>>
>>369498728
>Phantom Dust's reboot is dead. Fable isn't.
Well at least I got some good news.
>>
>>369498963
>they've got better vision
That vision is no games?
>>
>>369498728
>In summary:
>>Provide strong value on purchases via integration into the microsoft ecosystem, services that our competition doesn't have such as backwards compatibility and the Game Pass/EA vault programs, and a good price for the hardware
>>Continuously releasing titles from our staple franchises that incrementally improve on themselves while offering a robust amount of single and multiplayer content to appeal to the broadest number of people possible
>>Establish new studios/teams to work on our currently inactive IP and new ones
>>Foster stronger third party relations with major publishers so as to ensure that as many games as possible release on our systems
>>Help out exciting indie projects so as to ensure they reach their maximum potential and provide innovative and fun new games for our players
>TL;DR: Work on what we're doing right already and try to get more games out on our systems

So why the fuck did they push TV and sports and all this other garbage at the start of the generation when they won the last generation for having a better place to play videogames
>>
>>369498728
Alright then lad, I'll throw you a bone. Say you are an insider and lets assume that you know shit because you know people. For the LOVE OF GOD WORK WITH CRYTEK AND MAKE TIMESPLITTERS 4 even if it ends up being xboner exclusive.
>>
>>369498830
Not that guy but have taken some courses in law. Trademarks only apply to specific domains (or more accurately from a legal point of view, only when it cause "market confusion in a reasonable consumer" or brand dilution). There is no way anyone will mistake "Xbox One Prime" for "Amazon Prime", in fact even if they were head to head competing services "Prime" alone probably wouldn't pass the test when added to Microsoft's already unique and very strong "Xbox" mark. But in this case they aren't even in remotely the same market sphere so it's irrelevant.

The law/caselaw does get a little more complex then that, there are of course edge cases and so on but fundamentally trademark law is actually probably most reasonable and common sense bit of IP in the modern world. It's ultimately pretty consumer oriented and straightforward.
>>
>>369499268
Didn't they want the xbone to be a 'media hub' rather than just a games console?
>>
>>369498728
>Establish new studios/teams to work on our currently inactive IP and new ones
This is all I want them to do, fuck me they have the money to do it and should make it happen. If Phil wants to make the next Uncharted he needs a FP studio that is capable and filled with talent. Basically they need another "Rare", a studio with vast talent and the ability to work on new IP's and concepts.
>>
File: ss_lozmm_creamia.jpg (28KB, 174x220px) Image search: [Google]
ss_lozmm_creamia.jpg
28KB, 174x220px
>>369481585
450 dollars for a console with no games
>>
File: sweet merciful lady luck.jpg (33KB, 637x851px) Image search: [Google]
sweet merciful lady luck.jpg
33KB, 637x851px
Hate newspapers.
>>
>>369498596
It's not

They just won't show any of it because a lot of investors put money into it and Microsoft Azure so if what they show gets a bad rap they are going to pull
>>
File: Mario_sad.png (68KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
Mario_sad.png
68KB, 640x350px
>>369499467
300 dollars for a console with no games
>>
>>369498728
>>Establish new studios/teams to work on our currently inactive IP and new ones
All I needed to hear, can't wait to see what comes of it.
>>
>>369500264
switch has zelda, fuck off. it'll have tons in a month or two.
>>
>>369481585
can't wait to get a scorpio + RDR2.

hopefully the game pass is offering some good games too by the time the scorpio comes out.

i heard forza horizon 3 is going to be 4k60 on the scorpio so that will be neat as well.
>>
>>369481585
I left Xbox the second I realized they stopped getting Japanese support. I'm not the biggest fan of sony, but I'll support them as long ad Japanese games are there and they always are .
>>
>>369500604
Wii U has Zelda, your point? Switch also has paid online, 2 hour battery, no internet or Netflix, no Virtual Console and other features while its accessories cost an arm and leg.
>>
>>369500604
Zelda is also on the Wii U, and you can pirate it on the PC... which considering the way the Switch turned out, it's a much better option.

On the Scorpio, not only you'll be able to play your X1 games, you'll also be able to play them in true 4K and 60fps. That's like, an Universe distance from what you get on the Switch.
>>
>>369485279
But you forget, Microsoft is backing it... HARD.

AMD, Intel, and Nvidia bow to the Microsoft.

If they really have one underlying goal to make the Scorpio the most powerful console for an "affordable" price, then it WILL happen, between now and next year, at least.

Granted, I will still stick to the PC, just because it is the best long term investment, but it would not suprise me if Microsoft pulled some sort of shady deal with manufacturers in order to get Scorpio out for under $500 all while running 4K gaming.

Mind you, if it IS true 4K, then the system may be fire risk, or, more importantly, a cop-out.

My best prediction is Scorpio will be $399-$499 and be able to run 4K, but certain games will be artificial and most games will be locked at 30FPS, at least, while under the 4K resolution.
>>
>>369500780
That's what happens when you make a weak ass console that too damn hard for third parties to work around because of muh Kinect. Glad they learned their lesson with the Scorpio.
>>
>>369500780
i watched some podcast with phil spencer and he mentioned he went to japan to check out 3 upcoming japanese games for the xbox. i'm personally not a massive fan of jap games but its nice to see the variety coming back to the xbox. the 360 had some really good japanese games back at the start of last gen.

i hope he was discussing shenmue remaster because that is one of the very few japanese games i really, really enjoyed
>>
File: PPXiS.jpg (231KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PPXiS.jpg
231KB, 1500x1000px
>>369481585
Will Halo 5 or Master Chief Collection come to the PC someday?
>>
File: 1271136387472.png (21KB, 494x400px) Image search: [Google]
1271136387472.png
21KB, 494x400px
>>369500998
>AMD, Intel, and Nvidia bow to the Microsoft.
Not anymore they don't. Microsoft is still a very important partner, but these days bulk profit is massively concentrated on the very high end stuff that goes into cloud services, servers, clusters and super computers, and Microsoft is only one of many more powerful players there.

>If they really have one underlying goal to make the Scorpio the most powerful console for an "affordable" price, then it WILL happen, between now and next year, at least.
Sure, but not because of anything special by other companies but because of the fundamental truth: if you are willing to spend more money, you can get more silicon. And fabbing it will get cheaper over time. If Microsoft is willing to take a smallish loss per console of say $50 or something even for the first few years (knowing it'll stop being a loss well before the end of the gen) and puts that into silicon then they will have a more powerful console then Sony, simple as that. There's no magic or backroom dealing here. MS can afford to invest more then Sony can. That's what should have happened this gen, when MS did take a big loss while Sony didn't. But MS stupidly put that BOM budget into Kinect, not silicon, and in fact actively compromised silicon on multiple levels to make it happen.

If they had done exact same budgeting last time around but had just not done the kinect but rather a focused console like Sony, PS4 would have been blown out of the water. They won't make that mistake again.
>>
>>369501212
There's no plans for it as of now.
>>
>>369481585
>>Is not the start of a new console generation

so I won't buy it LOL
>>
>>369502036
Anything about the windows store games?
>>
>>369502036

Why has it taken so long for for Xbox to actually start moving towards Bill Gates original hopes for Xbox? A media centre gaming PC that people will be ok to have next to the TV.

Also why do they let Playstation shit all over them with exclusives.
>>
>Halo 6 reveal this year
Phil already confirmed there would be no such thing. This anon is full of shit
>>
>>369481585
>>Is not the start of a new console generation despite its significantly improved specs, but instead a premium entry to the Xbox One family intended for the hardcore, enthusiast consumer looking for the best graphics ever delivered by a console
But didn't Microsoft say that they were no longer doing generation and will just release new more powerful iterations every 4-5 years?
>>
File: 1487881756481.jpg (50KB, 363x607px) Image search: [Google]
1487881756481.jpg
50KB, 363x607px
>>369502107
>it's not the start of a new console generation
>it's the biggest leap in power ever made by a console
This level of cognitive dissonance shouldn't be possible
>>
>>369502356
Halo is always announced a year before release you monkey.
>>
>>369481585
> $450 for hardware that plays AAA games at 4k

Not a fucking chance. OP just a Fake news sprouting retard with too much time on his hands.
>>
File: 1420515403273.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420515403273.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
Post your face when the death of Sony. We're Microsoft is making games great again!
>>
>>369502514
It won't be native it will be the same bullshit 4k Sony did.
>>
>>369502514
Wouldn't be the first time microsoft used their huge budget to break into the market by selling the consoles at a loss.
>>
File: 1484882613011.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484882613011.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
so whats the cost?
>>
>>369481585
>Check the free Gears 4 game I got on my PC
>Get messages about free shit
>Click redeem
>LOL YOU CAN'T BECAUSE LANGUAGE
Why does Microsoft half ass every single thing they do?

Every. Single. Fucking. Thing. They do, always, without fail, is shit in one way or another. I don't think I've seen a company that is this inept.

At this point I think they haven't killed themselves because they're too fucking stupid to do that properly. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>369492975

Gee whizz.

Did he visit Sega? You think any of the still XBOXHUEG Sega games might be in that list?
>>
But will we get good games finally?
>>369501212
Halo 5 Multiplayer is on PC, MCC is completely fucked and it's being left for dead my guy
>>
>>369502950
>foreign nigger complaining about not getting things because foreign
Eat shit.
>>
>>369502890
450 bucks is what I heard, with the intent being that we make virtually nothing on the consoles themselves in order to keep them even remotely competitive with the Pro. There is a chance it was raised to 500 since that was a point of contention, however, but I've not heard about it happening.

>>369502629
I can promise you this, first party titles will be native 4k. There is going to be a lot of "subtle" marketing about how the Prime will be the first console to offer true 4k gaming. As for third party deals we've made to get better Prime modes? Well, that's somewhat more questionable admittedly.

>>369503072
From what I know the studios he spoke to were Square Enix, Sega, and Capcom. Make of that what you will.

>>369502356
He lied. Its releasing 2018 but getting announced this year.

>>369502514
Intensive optimisation + great deals on hardware + not trying to make much money off the consoles themselves = amazing bang for your buck

>>369502206
Don't really know, I wasn't around for the Xbox and nearly all of the 360 cycle.

>>369502138
Play Anywhere will continue with all of our current non-Halo titles, and Age of Empires 4 is coming.

>>369503298
I genuinely believe in the games we're working on currently. Its been a painful process cancelling the projects that just wouldn't work out and getting to this point, but I really do believe the next few years are gonna be a renaissance for our first party titles.
>>
>>369503413
I'm in Texas, faggot. But unlike yourself, I travel a lot instead of staying in my mother's basement.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>369502514
Like they would be dumbass enough to make the same mistake that they made with the Xbone.
>>
>>369503642
>I'm in texas

Go back to mexico and stay there carlos.
>>
release halo on PC
>>
>>369481585
I hate Microsoft now, but the Scorp needs to outsell the Switch and keep Sony looking over its shoulder. This perfect scenario keeps Sony in the lead, but not too arrogant. Keeps Microsoft playing catch up, and forces Nintendo to improve or get the fuck out.
>>
lol I can't believe there's people on this earth so fucking stupid that they'd actually buy an xbone
>>
>>369503759
You can play Halo 5 Forge on PC
>>
>>369503734
>If I pretend long enough, Microsoft will stop being shit.

Eat shit.
Oh, you already do :^)
>>
>>369503621
It's depressing really, I bought a day one Xbox One and ended up selling it just because of interesting games in general. The turning point was when the MCC was released. After 2 months of that piece of shit game not being fixed I decided to sell the console since I had 0 trust in 343 after Halo 4 and the MCC and the primary reason I bought the console was for Halo
>>
>>369503621
>From what I know the studios he spoke to were Square Enix, Sega, and Capcom. Make of that what you will.

AWW YISS

Shenmue remastered CONFIRMED for xbox one scorpio marketing deal
>>
>>369481585
Fuck this 4k meme. Games still going to be dropping to 20fps or lower right?
>>
>>369498123

Sony won cause they were smart enough to see the FPS fad was over and backed Japanese Games where as the retards at Microsoft doubled down on FPS and didn't even make an attempt to get easy multiplats, like seriously you can get Arslan from Koei Tecmo but not fucking Berserk wtf.
>>
>>369504030
Yes, since rendering > performance.
>>
In case this isnt BS, do you know what the future lineup for BC games looks like? Like, a month or two in? Any news on ace combat or sonic for example?
>>
>>369504030
not if what these rumors about 3rd party using checkerboarding is true. they'll just lower the res till performance is stable i guess.
>>
>>369504060
No Sony won because Microsoft were dumb enough to announce anti-consumer policies that pissed off the gaming community. All Sony needed to do was not be Microsoft, Nintendo was killing themselves with the Wii U and their poor E3 showings.
>>
>>369503798
The Prime isn't competing with the Switch, the Pro is its primary competitor.

>>369504030
Our first party titles will continue to perform as well as they ever have.

>>369504209
The BC program is its own thing with its own team working away on and managing it, I don't really know much about it at all. Everything I've heard was coming to it has already released.
>>
>>369503948
>If I pretend long enough, I'll stop being mexican

AYYYYYYYYY FAJITA BURRITO ARRIBA ARRIBA ANDALE
>>
>>369504415
Will Original Xbox come to backward compatibility?
>>
>>369503954
Meant to say *lack of interesting games
>>
>>369504515
No, but there will be more ports from it ala Phantom Dust and Voodoo Vince assuming they are moderately successful and prove the initiative is worth continuing - and talks have already happened for what the next ones should be.
>>
>>369484327
>It's never in the middle like you suggest
Wii was $250
>>
>>369481585
Are they still using the same CPU?
>>
>>369503890
yeah but I want to play the campaign not the multiplayer
>>
What's the progress on VR? Is Xbox learning from Sony's high demand at launch?
>>
File: IU.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IU.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>>369503621
>Square Enix
>tfw we get Infinity Undiscovery 2
>>
>>369504704
Will Halo 3 and 4 come to backward compatibility?
>>
Is Mass Effect Triogy getting "remastered"?
>>
>>369504415
will a 1080p 60 fps port of reach ever be added to halo mcc?
>>
>>369504792
I know it has a higher clockspeed but I believe its still the same architecture and such to maintain compatibility.

>>369504880
Stay tuned for more.

>>369504959
No. MCC brought them to the Xbox One already so there will be no bc for either.

>>369505034
Dunno.

>>369505069
As far as I know Halo 6 and updates for 5 are all 343 are working on, and it being added to BC makes me believe they have no plans of revisiting Reach for a remaster.
>>
When is Ninja Gaiden 2 added to your BC program?

The 360 exclusive, not the sigma shit.
>>
>>369503621

Why the hell did you cancel Scalebound? That shit screamed cult hit status. If anything it would bring value to the console and it would be a perfect Scorpio Launch title.

Look at Nier: Automata. Come on, man.
>>
>>369505272
>No. MCC brought them to the Xbox One already so there will be no bc for either.
That's bullshit, I wanted the original versions of all Halo games Halo CE and 2 not the shitty PC ports, Halo 3 and 4 not the shitty MCC ports. What a waste.
>>
Red pill me on ninja gaiden. Will it ever get a 4 with itagaki directing it?
>>
>>369505450
I've already explained why. Platinum couldn't stick to what they agreed even after multiple extensions, and relations soured over withheld payments due to them missing milestones plus other issues - so we canned the project instead of pouring even more extra money into it than we already had.

I'm not claiming that our side handled it perfectly or couldn't have done anything better, but at the end of the day Platinum failed to deliver and that was that.
>>
>>369505272
>no plans of revisiting Reach for a remaster
Good, game was a piece of shit anyway.
>>
>>369504415
>The Prime isn't competing with the Switch, the Pro is its primary competitor.

This might be true if people thought of an xbox as anything more than a brick that plays video games, which they don't
>>
File: 1476479064701.jpg (53KB, 525x648px) Image search: [Google]
1476479064701.jpg
53KB, 525x648px
>>369505665
motherfucker

say that to my face
>>
>>369505734
What, you don't want 450$ brick?
>>
>>369505734
are you saying the pro isn't also a brick which plays games?
>>
>>369505805
Reach is a piece of shit
>>
Redpill me on AoE 4
>>
>>369506104
learn to read idiot
>>
>>369506112
this
>>
>People have hope for a Fable game

Not happening. Every game Microsoft have been involved in this generation turned out shit, go look it up if you don't believe me.
I was also unlucky enough to get to play Fable Legends. Most people like to exaggerate and say a 7/10 game is shit, but Fable Legends was a legit 2/10 game on the level of something like Big Rigs. It was offensively bad and I understand why it killed not only the series but also the developer.
>>
>>369506175
>We decide to get back into PC development on a small scale as part of our reorganisation via multiplat first party titles, remasters of our older ones, and the resurrection of our biggest PC series
>Get a studio who wants to work on it, shit happens, project never gets off the ground, and the studio closes
>Still have the design docs and other materials they were working on, continue shopping around for devs
>Recently got together a team for it again, its now in the very early stages of dev
I don't really know the specifics about the game though, beyond the first crew wanting it to be set from the 19th to the 21st century in their pitch.
>>
>>369505659

Didn't read the thread, I suck cocks. Thanks.
>>
>>369505272

So this CPU is going to be good enough for 4k? Because Pro example showed us that cpu is holding it back or are you going to run Scorpio on magic?
>>
>>369481585
Sonyfags invade /v/ so they will hate on anything xbox does no matter how good it would be.
>>
>>369506778
From the tech demos I've seen, yes. It manages 4k in our titles very well.
>>
>>369506670
What went wrong with the MCC? Will we ever be informed?
>>
>>369506892
Just like how they invade Nintendo threads to bring down the Switch. I hope Microsoft and Nintendo slaughter Sony's asses at E3 so I can laugh at all the Sony faggots faces.
>>
>>369507074
All I know is that the development was troubled and they had to start working on Halo 5 full tilt at an inconvenient time.
>>
I got a question. When is the Xbone getting an actual great game?
I've owned one since release day and own 7 games for it.
2 are exclusive, but 1 is shit and the other is still broken and barely playable.
The other 5 games I own are all superior on other platforms.

I've been wondering why the Xbone even exists. It is literally a FIFA machine, outside of that it has nothing.
>>
>>369505659
Platinum is the biggest meme company there is. Hire Sakaguchi's team back so he can make Lost Odyssey 2.

Give the Scallebound assets to the Larian Studios (the dudes from Divinity) and let them develop it as Divinity 3 for the Xbox Scorpio.
>>
So they're not going to announce any more exclusive games? no new IPs this year?
>>
Imagine if 343 made good games?
>>
>>369507284
Why did Halo 5 have so little Chief?
>>
PLEASE try to get a US release of PSO2 or something. I really want that game to come over.
>>
>>369507361
Yes platinum sucks. Ninja gaiden was the premiere xbox action series. 1 and 2 are some of the best games ever made and they sold decently for what they were, over a million. Microsoft would have been really smart to stay close to team ninja and ninja gaiden.
>>
>>369507498
Why would you bring weeb game to non weeb console?
>>
>>369506892
>>369507232
Delusional. Shitposting is shitposting regardless of the brand. Sony threads get just as much.
>>
>>369507378
Like I said, Forza 7, Halo 6, and probably one other title (maybe two, but thats a big maybe)
>>369507459
I can't comment on why 343 designed the game the way it is.
>>369507498
That's not even out on any of our systems.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1MB, 3234x2147px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
1MB, 3234x2147px
>>369507635
>>369507498
I know I'm not the only one that dumped thousands of hours into this.

Trust me, PSO2 is way worse compared to PSU. Played it for a few weeks and got bored.
>>
>>369489538
We've already known for a while that they backtracked on that.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/xboxs-phil-spencer-there-will-be-more-pc-exclusives-games-more-details-coming-in-the-future/

>Gaming on PC is something that we are committed to, we’re gonna have more things to talk about. We’re gonna have games only released on the PC. We’re gonna have games only released on console. And PC gaming is critically important to the company.”
>>
>>369507802
I think it's just pointless bringing weeb games to XBONE because it won't sell.
>>
>>369508001
xenoverse 2 is one of the most played xbox games
>>
>>369506112
>>369506531
stfu
>>
>>369508001
Yeah that's true. But the fact of the matter is that PSO2 simply isn't a good game and doesn't even deserve to be localized.

If Microsoft somehow brought PSU back online I would buy whatever crazed shit they have lined up next. Would be a lifelong supporter.
>>
>>369485834
>50''
>2 feet away

Guess I'll be buying it, then
>>
>>369507637
>Delusional
Said by a certified Sony faggot.
>>
>>369508247
But it was
>>
>>369508408
You have to be 18 to post here. Go to gamefaqs. They love that brand loyalty and consolewar shit
>>
File: 1371147646805.jpg (44KB, 436x448px) Image search: [Google]
1371147646805.jpg
44KB, 436x448px
How long until we get a proper new Fable? The original is one of my favorite games of all time and it bummed me out seeing the franchise get progressively shittier and then canned.
>>
>>369507719
What happened to Brian Reed in 343 Industries, you can no longer view his linkden or twitter?
>>
>>369507719
yeah they need different exclusives or they're gonna fail
>>
>>369508595
>brand loyalty
I don't suck the three companies dicks but Sony is the worst of the three as of right now.
>>
>>369508667
No Fable titles are currently being worked on but the franchise isn't dead.
>>369508678
He's no longer the lead writer and as far as I know they're shopping around right now for somebody new to head up their future projects plus help on 6.
>>
File: 1485888766807.png (631KB, 681x681px) Image search: [Google]
1485888766807.png
631KB, 681x681px
>>369509068
MS is so fucking DUMB holy shit.

Fable is their Zelda. Just make Fable IV already goddamn it
I want to go back to Albion, i want to get STDs from hookers and get everyone in my town drunk again
>>
>>369509068
>He's no longer the lead writer and as far as I know they're shopping around right now for somebody new to head up their future projects plus help on 6.
OH YEAH!
>>
>>369508667
Is Kevin Havens still around?
>>
>tfw future of xbox is looking good

feels good bros
>>
>>369502036
What about RareReplay Boss?
>>
>>369511581
I've not heard anything.
>>
>>369511581
Wow I seem to have forgotten what fucking trip I was using. Hopefully this is right.
>>
>>369511791
so phil

when's the project gotham reboot coming out
>>
So what are the chances of a BL3 promotion in the future? Or is that already grabbed by Sony?
>>
>>369511482
>tfw future of xbox and Nintendo is looking good
It truly does bro
>>
>>369481585
Who cares? Tell me when they get a great library of games again like they had on OG Xbox and the early 360 days, then I'll listen.
>>
>>369512207
come on, we already have Forza.

Other game
>>
>>369507535
They should talk with Valhalla Game Studios, that's where Itagaki is right now. I still have faith in him since Devil's Third was in development hell.
>>
Are there any plans for Ace Combat 6 for backwards compatibility since AC7 is coming to Xbone?
>>
>>369515660
Yeah DT sucked but i feel bad for him and dont want to say hes lost his touch. Between the changing publishers, engines, and consoles, the final games result is understandable.
>>
Ok smart guy

When's Pokémon Go coming to the Windows Phone?
>>
>>369511791
Will Microsoft and Nintendo team up to overthrow the Sony overlords?
>>
>jet set radio game
>shenmue game

i want to believe. do it phil
>>
NINJA GAIDEN 2

NINJA GAIDEN 2

NINJA GAIDEN 2

BEST ACTION GAME IN EXISTENCE AND WHY I WILL ORDER ANOTHER 360 AS SOON AS THIS ONE BREAKS
>>
>>369498867
Do you want the Single Player to require an online connection?
>>
>>369511791
Describe a new game being shown at E3 that we haven't heard about yet.
This seems mostly legit so far, but Still need more proof you aren't shitting around
>>
>>369481585
Will we be seeing things like 4k textures as well for titles like FH3 and Gears?
>>
>>369504704
Any insight as to what the planned Xbox heug ports will be?
>>
File: 2527325-1444842183-aoe3..jpg (120KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2527325-1444842183-aoe3..jpg
120KB, 500x375px
>>369506670
was a
AoE IV anything like this image indicated? if so, would its success lead to AoE V being the starcraft killer?
>>
>>369516286
Never. Let that meme game die.
>>
>>369516286
>Windows Phone
Nigga what
>>
>>369505450
Dude it looked like fucking shit. It was laggy and edgy with its terrible Dante da Demon Slayer protagonist with beats headphones.
>>
>>369519532
This
>>
OP if you're still answering questions:

Have you seen any development on Halo 6? Do you personally think it'll bring Halo back to form or be bullshit?
>>
>>369481657
>Feel free to ask me anything
What do I have to do to BTFO Microsoft out of my hobby?
>>
>>369481585
>Xbox One Prime
What an awful name. I hope this is fake

Just start a new gen, Microsoft. Don't let the xbone hold back the Scorpio
>>
test
>>
File: 1318986436496.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1318986436496.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
This thread has given me hope, that means everything here is bullshit.
>>
>>369522236
post more cute asian witches
>>
$450? For 6 TFlops?

Ok. Does it have a good Blu-Ray player? Can it play Netflix in 4K no problems etc.?
>>
File: 1407458600603.gif (1000KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1407458600603.gif
1000KB, 500x600px
>>369522394
Raven isn't asian, I even remember some people arguing that she could be jawish because her last name is Roth.
>>
cool story babe, now where's my Banjo-Kazooie game?
>>
Hey Xbox guy, do you happen to know the faintest of anything on the MechAssault IP?
>>
>>369482434

Any truth that Microsoft might be moving into making their own Windows 10 Steam Box like things?
>>
Once it does come out will i be able to transfer all my saved game data?

Like for example, i got a level something male character in fallout four on the hard drive. Will i be able to transfer that over to the new xbox without losing my current save or will i have to start all over again on my games on the new xbox?
>>
>>369523540
You can move that saved game data to an external storage device and just move it to your Scorpio.
>>
>>369523540
Nope your gonna have to start over sorry no save data transferring.
>>
is 360 b/c avaliable in the Scorpion?
>>
>>369523540
Every game has a cloud save, when you close the game it automatically uploads the save file in the background

>>369525178
Yes
>>
>>369523540

Just make sure your saves are up in cloud saving, if yes, you'll be able to transfer your saved data.
>>
Is every game releasing on the Scorpio be avaliable on the XB1 as well? Not saying that's a bad thing, it's not. But what if one version doesn't sell that well? Then it should be up to the developer to develop or not said version of the game isn't it?
>>
>>369527765
The scorpio is backwards and forwards compatible

Every xbone and bc 360 game will work on it
>>
File: 1410065890956.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1410065890956.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>369481585
>Let's make everything 4k!

Why not keep it 1080p and make shit run at 60fps?
>>
>>369504415
>Our first party titles will continue to perform as well as they ever have.

So like shit, then? Good to know.
>>
>>369503621
>Age of Empires 4 is coming.

Why haven't I heard about this yet?
>>
What about an actual shadowrun game rpg

too human since it was a planned trilogy
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.