[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went so fucking wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 57

File: tos_logo.png (124KB, 402x220px) Image search: [Google]
tos_logo.png
124KB, 402x220px
what went so fucking wrong?
>>
I think they ran out of money making the game and had to resort to horrible schemes to try to get people to pay
>>
>>368557713
Probably handled by the worst devs i have ever seen, I don't think i've ever played an mmo with such an incompetent developer in my life
>>
They forgot that the game was an MMO and needs a stable server and code to hold a lot of people.
>>
File: 1437780183858.jpg (56KB, 398x512px) Image search: [Google]
1437780183858.jpg
56KB, 398x512px
>>368557713
Somehow RO was a fluke, and ToS is the proof.
It's real depressing honestly.
>>
QUICK
Recommend me a modern MMO with lots of farming and grinding BUT it must be rewarding.
>>
>>368558120
It's in the alpha/beta phase but Project Gorgon is pretty solid. Wish I could play it more honestly.
Graphically it's old AF but gameplay and exploration is solid. Skill acquisition is p tight, and the community aint too bad at all.
>>
>>368558120

FFXIV is grindy as a motherfucker if you want cool skins to wear, but they do last

i don't think any mmo is truly "rewarding" unless you meet some cool people
>>
>>368558120
Maplestory
>>
File: 1485626439249.jpg (132KB, 337x526px) Image search: [Google]
1485626439249.jpg
132KB, 337x526px
Shit's tragic, because behind the absurdly incompetent devs and Nexon rushing the game there was some cool shit like the music, artstyle (outside those bugeyed female character portraits), and setting.
>We will never get another game that uses Lithuanian mythology ever again.
>>
>>368558120
WoW legion, I quit because even though I already got legendary and quite high ilvl it was simply too much of a chore. Like going home from work to another work
>>
It's just impossible to replicate RO's magic today
It came out when MMO community was different
>>
>>368557713
My friend used to shill this game (and Archage) to me daily. He said the problems were massively exaggerated and that it's an amazing game overall for old RO fans. AHAHAHA
>>
Playing the early levels with a controller it's so fuckin good and comfy but the game becomes to repetitive and boring after that
>>
>>368557713
Nothing to grind for aside from shitty arena PvP.
No side activities to break up the grind.
Harsh marketplace restrictions for bad goyim.
Buggy.
Poorly balanced.
Too little variety in grinding areas early on.
Goddess/Demon lord art makes you take fap breaks.
Combat has a lot of downtime.
>>
>>368558628

This.

The feeling is washed out. A lot of people need to move on and realize that that magic is gone.

Your old guild will never come back, the drama will never happen again, you will never meet that girl and get to know her again... etc.

Be glad you experienced it, and move on. Don't bastardize its memory by trying to recreate it.
>>
Too much grind midgame
>>
>>368558628
>It came out when MMO community was different
Yeah, MMOs then weren't aimed at the single player community.

>>368558375
>there was some cool shit like the music
Even RO2 music is great. Somehow gooks are pretty good at this MMO BGMs business.
>>We will never get another game that uses Lithuanian mythology ever again.
I feel your pain, bro.
>>
>>368559884
>Combat has a lot of downtime.
I always thought that downtime was one of the most important parts of MMOs, but that it should never be implemented into the combat or action of it all.
>those times of waiting for party members, boats and generally shit that takes a long time
keeps the ADHD kiddies out and gives you an excuse to interact with people to spend some time
>>
>>368558017
ToS isnt anywhere near as good as RO. It fails in a ton of aspects that RO touched on.
>>
File: 38305437.png (897KB, 1173x1225px) Image search: [Google]
38305437.png
897KB, 1173x1225px
>>368560768
Yeah, sitting in RO while chatting so people could recover their SP was the shit, that alone increase the players sociability. Magnificat best skill ever.

Somehow other games had the idea but never implemented it, like in WoW, in which a campfire granted a spirit bonus to the people resting (a whole +4 spirit!) and some food gave buffs.
>>
>>368557713
Shit community and shit gameplay
>>
>>368561278
I mean a fluke form the developers
As in them making something good was a fluke
>>
Developers are lazy Jews.

They're fleecing the whales before the game goes tits up.
>>
>>368557713
My friend bought me a bundle on launch. Feel bad I only played for a week. Started as Cleric and wanted to go Monk. Fucking HATED that my heal was also my damaging spell. Adding to that, both party members and enemies had to stumble onto the squares the spell occupied. Once they were on tile with the spell on it, the tile would clear. It was stupid as fuck.
>>
File: 1482084654572.png (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482084654572.png
132KB, 500x500px
>A digital haircut in this game costs more than a real haircut from a barber

Defend this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IalpEdenPYc

You can play ro again anon in an alive server like the old times, you only need to know is how to read the japanesebecause somehow JRO is the only official server alive
>>
>>368561948
>keknewal
>>
The same problem as pretty much every MMO

You could do it all solo.

>but world bosses!!!
You just rock up and get invited to a party then never speak again
>dungeons!!
Dungeon finders mean you don't need to know anyone
>so many levels!!!
You can solo it with the right build, hell you can solo dungeons with the right builds

Instant recipe for mediocrity for everyone on /v/ who wants an MMO
>>
File: 1487825043362.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487825043362.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>368561986
You either have JRO or a handful of people and merchant multiclients migrating from pserver to pserver.
>>
>>368561986
/ROG/ please stay dead you already ruined hundred of /v/ guilds.
>>
>>368562059
>Dungeons
About that...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QurggdoJZ74
>>
the devs didn't listen the core community around fgts and closed betas, and abandoned development after release.
private servers when? just let the community make this game the way it was supposed to be
>>
>>368557713
The game tried to be hardcore grinding like what people said they wanted, then players complained like crazy about it being too grindy so now it's a weird hybrid sandbox/themepark game with a lot of the flaws of both but only a few of the advantages from each. Kind of like what happened to Wildstar, people said they wanted big raids like old WoW and then "wtf I don't have time to organize 30 people".

One thing that would have helped the game a lot would've been balancing the classes so that you could start with any of them and then branch out, then applying formulas to skills instead of the shitty base damage based on rank system the game currently has. A ton of people were driven away by things like needing to grind through 150 levels just to play the Monk class which is completely different from the rest of the cleric tree.
>>
>>368557713
I'm surprised there wasn't a documentary-like video that talks about how shitty ToS is.
>>
>>368561948
thanks for video, its a waifu orchestra.
>>
1: Weird fucking classes with names nobody can remember
2: Servers were absolute shit
3: Music wasn't half as charming as RO
4: World in general was a worse setting
5: Not enough cute girl costumes
6: Fucking terrible payment schemes made it feel like a scam
7: Most annoying lag in the universe
>>
>>368562059
The thing about ToS is actually that you CAN'T do it all solo; the game just pretends you can all the way up until end game, at which point you need a 5 man party to do the "real" content which is the Earth Tower.

So players hit max level with their class and then don't know what to do because the game doesn't really make you socialize up until that point.
>>
>>368562159
lol no private server have never been good
>okay lets put up a healer and a buffer in the main town
>and a teleporter that lets you teleport to anywhere
>GOTY GOTY PRIVATE SERVERS BLESS SO GOOD
Wont fix the engine being shit and the core gameplay being shit
>>
>>368562284
Music and clases were good in ToS

but.... better watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFUkek2tftE
>>
>>368562284
>2: Servers were absolute shit
>7: Most annoying lag in the universe

I never experienced these poorfag/third world problems personally, but seriously.
>3: Music wasn't half as charming as RO

ToS had pretty good music, of all the things to bitch about.
>5: Not enough cute girl costumes

I'll agree here, they should have fan-serviced the fuck out of this game, and made at least half of it earnable without having it paywalled.
>>
>>368562205
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUUJdlo6Qwc
>>
>>368561948
I played jRO in 2015 and it was incredibly active. too bad it's renewal
>>
>>368562201
they should have opened it like Ragnarok was, grind everywhere you like, more maps with same mobs and space to grind, high level monsters give a shiton of xp, no quest bullshit for xp. My main complain is this: let the player choose where he wants to go level.
>>
File: 7Y5E0gQ.png (617KB, 635x634px) Image search: [Google]
7Y5E0gQ.png
617KB, 635x634px
>Warrior class is the absolute worst class for damage except for 2 ranks in it
How do you mess up a simple dps class that badly
>>
>>368558120
POE
>>
>>368562463
can jRO's new system even be called renewal? it literally hasn't got anything in common with it except the presence third jobs (even then which are changed beyond imagination)
>>
>>368562603
he said mmo
>>
>>368562629
They really fixed renewal with new formulas and crazy stuff sadly is the only server with those awesome formulas.
>>
>>368562429
>these poorfag/third world problems
He's right though, there were rubberbanding problems for weeks after release during peak times. No idea if it got fixed because I didn't keep bother that long.
>>
>>368562525

By making STR the worst stat next to SPR in the game.
>>
>>368557713
IMC went fucking jewish as fuck.
And that they are incompetent as fuck didnt help.

Nexon would have done it waay better.
>>
>>368562525
I'm pretty sure Swordsman class was the first designed, the games system falls apart later on because the only thing that really matters are multihits with transcended weapons and base damage.

Although they did fix swordsman in rank 8, Fencers and Doppels do really good DPS and Dragoons are a little behind that. Actually Fencer is best single target in the game if you get certain weapons but they're nigh unobtainable.
>>
>>368561862
A digital haircut lasts you forever, while a real haircut from a barber lasts like a month before you have to pay again.
>>
>make diablo 3 clone
>be korean, which means you're a fuckup and miss the most important parts of games
>make all the loot shit
>>
>>368562463
I can't believe that game is still being updated to this day.
>>
>>368562359
>what was EuphRO
>>
>>368557713
>what went so fucking wrong?
Korean devs making a game for korean players. They cannot fucking resist putting in extra grind and p2w cash shop shit.
>>
>>368562424
Nah ToS music is shit. Nothing fits the zone its it. They heard RO music and were like "Lets just throw techno into everything, RO kids like that stuff right?" I can identify every single RO song with a zone, and could never do that with ToS. Plus each RO class was far more distinct. It was a mistake to think that having 5 billion more was a better idea.
>>
>>368563160
>nearly 30~60k? subscribers
>average of 12k people online at all times
>pay2win cashshop filled with cute hats and incredibly low chances of getting great shit
I'm pretty certain there's a reason they're keeping it updated.
>>
>shit loot
>shit pvp
>shit framerate and servers
>shit progression
>shit formulas for dmg and stats
>shit matchmaking
>shit rewards like talt for clearing dungeons or GvG being a total joke.

Honestly this game needs a total makeover on what it needs to be. With still a lot of bugs and decision flaws like transcended weapons.

The only good thing about it is the cute art and the music.
>>
>>368562475
pretty much this. penalties on exp when killing monsters below or above player level is incredibly bad design. also limits on aggro amount and pulling lol
>>
>>368563406
Some of the songs were alright but it felt like a continuing playlist of song after song for a certain group of areas. These three were the only ones that stood out for me though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVwthdlvui8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVkuSb0q12k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujKwn3hGUj4
>>
>>368563705
Maybe if you're a girl and are into cute shit. A guy isn't supposed to like this unless you're a fag.
>>
File: 1447691378180.jpg (31KB, 462x410px) Image search: [Google]
1447691378180.jpg
31KB, 462x410px
>just want to grind
>most of the game is still running from one quest to another since it gives so much more exp
>every mob has like 4 useless drops each so it gets boring fast
And I know late game you had no choice but to grind since quests end eventually, but I couldn't be bothered to get that far. The game just wasn't that good.
>>
>>368563903
Triste I think is super good and actually captures the RO spirit. Other two I hate horribly.
>>
>>368562284
>1
Too many in general, the names compound it though. RO actually fucks this up later on its life when it gives like 2 steps too many to get to the last line of classes.

>2
Did not experience this but it could change from region to region. I know that Jap/Korean devs outsource heavily on servers in other regions (Fuck you Nexon).

>3
RO Music was pretty nice, I don't remember it being super great though, and ToS was fine for this I thought.

>4
Agree. The medieval/nordic combo was awesome, especially with a few eastern mythologies tossed in, the world felt bigger because of the mix instead of the uniform culture ToS has.

>5
Disagree. Stuff like this is tertiary at best and should never be a focus. Unless you mean not enough female classes looked cute, in which case I would agree, but wouldn't call it a big issue still.

>6
Agreed, and you'd be hard pressed to find a new age MMO that does not do this, and it sucks. It milks the stupid and alienates anyone with a value on their money.

>7
I feel like RO had the same type of lag when it happened? Do you mean the rubber banding?
>>
>>368563963
>grind and quests
I never understood this developer meme
>okay so everyone is okay with grinding and people hitting the same mobs in an area over and over again gives a reason for people to party up
>lets add this back and forth shit that we call "quests"
>and lets make sure that they're shitty and small enough that if two players cross together and want to party, that their quest progress will be 100% different and that waiting for the other one to catch up would be a huge fucking waste of time and grinding by itself would also be shit

God bless that gooks are getting fucking taxed and shit on by goverments for these shitty MMOs
>>
Main problem?
It's a quest corridor, while RO was an actual world.
>>
>>368563903
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS7PbBzM8wM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYEZicGUk8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mgvNQ-laf0

Shame SoundTemp wasn't as good as they were in RO.
>>
>>368564990
soundTEMP was always shit when they were given free will to make the OST like they wanted to, every time they've made a good soundtrack is when they've gotten instructions and a clear path by the developers of the game itself.
>>
I expected Ragnarok 2.0 and what I got was a WoW clone disguised as RO with p2w mechanics.
>>
>>368558120
Metin2
>>
File: deadinside.png (49KB, 157x168px) Image search: [Google]
deadinside.png
49KB, 157x168px
please don't remind me of this game
>>
>>368564412
Not him but
2 - Been there since iCBT2 and a month of OBT, the servers gets fucked in the ass far too often, it's not that hard to screw over a channel either, I remembered there being a way to crash it
7. ever since OBT I've had half a second latency, made my mage so damn unplayable I quitted in frustration. I would excuse RO because it was like 15 years ago, ToS isn't a game published in a 56k modem era.
>>
>>368558120
Tibia
>>
The most incompetent devs you have ever seen, completely carried by art style.

It'll reach sub 2k players within a couple months at this rate.
>>
>>368558120

Path of exile, Not an mmo, more like diablo without making lobbies. but good grindy fun
>>
>>368557713
the fucking spawn points being predetermined

easiest game to bot
>>
>>368557713
Not being Ragnarok Online for starter

Seriously, at this point I'm only convinced the only good sequel to RO is Ragnarok Online HD Remasteredâ„¢
>>
>>368568089
RO pservers are RO's spiritual successors

you know this to be true
>>
>>368560328
more like YOU can't replicate the feeling you've grown up nigger, you can try servers with 1k or more ppl daily, you'll get the adventures, a guild and the drama you had long ago but you don't feel the same way now about that kind of things.
>>
>>368568089
Ragnarok Mobile is the true sequel to the original RO.
>>
File: 1487702617848.png (146KB, 422x493px) Image search: [Google]
1487702617848.png
146KB, 422x493px
>>368568089
Why they refuse to make a proper sequel/remaster?
>Browser RO
>Chinese phone RO "remake"
>RO clicker game
>Smartphone sprite RO game

It hurts, if they just remake base Ragnarok online pre renewal i bet they would be bathing in money.

It's not fair.
>>
>>368557713
Koreans having no idea of what the fuck they are doing
Going for the easiest rout every time
>"We can't fix it? Just remove it from the game"
Last thing they removed from the game was PvP all together because they couldn't fix few bugs
Now they are returning us PvP but without any rewards because "we realized they were unfair so it's better this way"
>>
>>368568540
Like it or not, Ragnarok Online 2 exists. Or existed, it's been a while.
>>
>>368568665
They killed it now, i think the US RO2 server is still alive, why do they keep it alive is beyond me, perhaps because warpportal bought it or something, but the original RO2 server died long ago, fuck that game.
>>
>>368568665
RO2 was a really shitty WoW clone, even worse than ToS. I don't even know if still exists either.
>>
File: you da man.jpg (176KB, 823x843px) Image search: [Google]
you da man.jpg
176KB, 823x843px
The only good thing that came out from this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Re_M4aXX0
>>
File: hahaha.webm (638KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.webm
638KB, 800x450px
>>368568242
>>
>>368557713
it was ridiculously laggy for what it was and it wasn't fun enough to look past that
>>
>>368568781
This. It's not even the first RO2, either. The first one died in dev due to testers complaining that the enemies were too hard and they couldn't optimize the tetris skill grid to min/max
>>
>>368557713
I couldn't fucking stand the broken economy

why do they not allow to trade shit?
>>
>>368568540
>implying they can
Gungho owns nearly all the stock
>>
>>368568540
Because modern gamers have no patience for mmos like RO, why you think every private server has massively jacked up xp and drop rates?

Hell ToS gets criticism for being too grindy too.
>>
>>368569204
I think they were so afraid of RMT and botters that they try to put it on premium only. The problem is that the whole population suffered and left.
>>
File: 2016033017582390520.jpg (253KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
2016033017582390520.jpg
253KB, 1200x600px
Because it was not this.
>>
>>368569428
The problem that it's isn't just too grindy. The problem was there was a few maps with shit loads of monster spawns in them. Everyone flooded Demon Prison 2 and Bees for that hellish grind. Maybe if they were way more maps and effiecny they wouldn't have this complaint as much.
>>
the fucking lag and desync

not to mention the extreme class imbalance, especially in the complete joke known as the PvP mode
>>
>>368568242
It will never be the same m8.
>>
Hey /v/ let's play ro again

without attention whores and discord this time
>>
>>368569697
That and the fact that there was literally nothing to do once the grind was over.
Even World bosses were so retardedly easy a swarm of randoms could take them down.
>>
>>368569649
what is this ?
>>
>>368569842
Wasn't RO's PvP unbalanced too?
It worked out well in WoE but you could know with 99% certainty which class would win in PvP.
>>
>>368569649
Mobile RO is fucking garbage
https://youtu.be/fjcMRn9ZGEs?t=599
look at this shit
this is the job change quest
you don't even have teleport or warp portal
>>
>>368569957
its RO Mobile. Chinese guys got the license and made it work in a mobile setting.

>>368569985
its better than ToS Though.
>>
>>368562775
it has global chat, guilds, its casual and has godawful amount of grinding ( which can be bypassed by trading )
what else do you need in an mmo
>>
>>368569526
yeah no kidding
>want to catch up with a bro that played first
>can't give me equip
>can't even give me couple potions
>if in party have to see who gets what before picking it instead of just picking everything and trading after
whats the point of parties then?
>>
>>368569960
It was but it was fun with about 20v20 and didn't have shit framerate like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxFcCmxKEN0

I remember I used Dead Branch in WoE and crashed the cRO test server. good times.
>>
>>368570331
>futureproof

IN TO THE TRASH IT GOES
>>
The class system is shit, you literally cannot be a unique snowflake class because everyone can branch into every class.
>>
>>368570512
It's nothing left but discord fags and people who cling to false hope that the game will be good.
>>
>>368569919
The end game world bosses meant for high level players were legitimately challenging and took a while to kill, ofc swarming the level 80 crab world boss with max level players it's going to die in seconds.

Also people say no end game but almost no players ever even touch the real end game, they just hit max level and then do dailies with no real idea of why.
>>
>>368557713
I stopped playing because of shit optimization
dropping to 10fps on lowest settings because the game isn't designed for the massive amount of players that were on.

Also, skills are very one-dimensional and the combat isn't satisfying or interactive.

Ragnarok is more fun and that game's almost 15 years old.
>>
>>368570847
>Ragnarok is more fun and that game's almost 15 years old.

yes it is, but at least tell me a good server to play.
>>
>>368570703
The real end game is (was?) retardedly grindy like getting a lv 10 transcendence gear for example where you need to do one of the dailies.
Then you got ET / Solmiki where you need coordination and understanding about the classes' synergies, which is something you'd prefer to do with guildies and/or friends assuming they're not retards or autists.
>>
>>368571052
jRO or go bust
no, private servers aren't good
they haven't been good since 2008 because of the "muh perfect vanilla experience" shit has taken a storm
>>
>>368571157
how can i play jro ;( ?
>>
>>368558017
HKK honestly should go back to playing "J"/l/c RPGs. Arcturus was the best RPG he ever did and it wasn't an MMO. It copied Grandia but improved on combat with RO-prototype spells and skills.
>>
File: sakuyak.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
sakuyak.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjOOc2EAZUY
>>
>>368571406
there was a great guide for it by someone from /vg/
>>
>>368571113
You don't need any coordination for ET
The most coordination you need is telling your chrono when you pass because you just stack owls and world tree with your Diev3MikoPD2 and almost afk kill mobs in DPS check while the boss no matter what is always a meatbag of HP with "don't stand in the fire" as highest mechanic
Between DPS checks and boss there are just gimmicks you learn the first time you do it by how simple they are
So please, don't ever talk about ET as something complex when the harderst part is getting a DPS who spent hours and hundreds of millions on it
>>
>>368568397
>automatic grindan
>awful quest
>compact environments with repetitive enemies
>low impact skills and interactivity
>moon runes

It's ok for a mobile game but it's not fun to play at all.

>>368568089
>ragnarok online HD remastered
Not a bad idea
But the 150shit is basically that, right? An expansion to the game with new classes and mechanics.

It's too bad there's no balance when every class has a fullscreen aoe attack to spam.

2-1 and 2-2 were RO's prime.
Rebirth was borderline, you could see how broken some classes were getting
And 3-x is full retard.

Private servers are dumb. Fracturing the community is not how to build a successful mmo.
Bots ruined everything by flooding the market; grinding cards used to mean something.

What would YOU want in a RO remake?
All of the GOOD elements were already there at some point.
>>
one thing people usually don't comment and hit me hard in that game
>MVPs and dungeons in ragnarok were all rather unique
>bosses and dungeons in ToS are rehashed everywhere
>>
>>368571564
>tfw there will never be enough RO memes
>>
>>368571760
You don't like killing Red Spions after killing Green Spions and Orange Spions?
>>
File: RO-1488042105746.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RO-1488042105746.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>368571564
>>
>>368571943
Wtf spoilers man r9 hasn't released yet.
>>
>>368571760
>every mob has their own unique sounds for hitting, death, getting hit and moving
>some even have unique sounds for being idle or special interactions
such a live world
such a wonderful world
>>
File: 1486354432873.jpg (9KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
1486354432873.jpg
9KB, 251x241px
>>368571564
good old mukas
love grind spot back in prerenewal because of the occasional dragonfly spawn
the mukas also dropped a 13k spear that you can npc off as well as bottles and green herbs for questing
>>
>>368559058
Your friend is right because everything can be fixed in eventual pirate servers.
>>
How much money would it take to make a HD version of RO?
>>
>>368572407
yeah they could be, but at a point where you'd be more successful at it by making a whole nother fucking game
>>
>>368571597
wew lad
I stopped playing before they introduced R8 and came back for a week after R8.
ET wasn't as piece of cake like these days since you only got seven ranks and limited gears.
That's why I lumped Solmiki there assuming it's as complex as ET back then.
>>
File: RO-1488042105747.png (1MB, 1256x706px) Image search: [Google]
RO-1488042105747.png
1MB, 1256x706px
>>368572506
ask the chinese.
>>
>>368572658
Yeah but like, not shitty.
>>
File: 1484521714316.png (65KB, 414x245px) Image search: [Google]
1484521714316.png
65KB, 414x245px
>gravity still making content for RO
>old west themed for gunslingers

china pls save us
>>
>>368571760
Not just MVPs most monsters were unique. In Tree of Savior every single enemy just walks up to punch you in the dick. Ragnarok monsters had a lot of different behaviors like being cast sensitive or not, scavengers, monsters that fought in packs,fast monsters, slow monsters.. Even monsters like Greatest General with specific combat zones for people to strategize against. A low level knight with a spear could defeat those level 50 monsters if they were 2 tiles away and perpendicular to them, but any diagonal space meant instant death.
>>
>>368561573
You do realize that none of the ToS devs worked on RO, right?
>>
>>368572506
0$
literally just remake the 3D parts of ragnarok and it'll look HD, the sprites look great to this very day.
>>
>>368571597
It's depressing how even RO made MVP way more harder and rewarding.
>>
File: murder.jpg (39KB, 323x267px) Image search: [Google]
murder.jpg
39KB, 323x267px
I went in for the isometric, customization heavy action MMORPG and left due to the barebones game and chorelike content.

>is this your first mmorpg
Not really, the game is just really trashy, which makes everything feel like a chore. Doesn't help the population struggle to fill a cross server queue at peak times.
>>
File: 90dfh3.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
90dfh3.png
2MB, 1366x768px
mmorpg's in general are leaning towards a more single player experience.
If you want to kill a boss you could probably do it solo, If you want a party you press that button that searchs for parties and if you want to trade you just put your stuff on the market.

Bring back setting your little store anywhere you want and make people actually explore to get what they need.
>>
>>368572759
Yeah this is the actual problem with GoD. There's a few unique monsters and bosses do have different patterns but most mobs just attack.

I like the blue slimes that use raise though, game needs more mobs like that.
>>
>>368572571
You know what the funny thing is, that there's a chinese knockoff of the game for mobile. Word of the mouf is that it's less pay to convenience than turd of savior so it's catching on better than it. Of course Nexon is suing them but
>Chinese
>caring about international lawsuit
it isn't going to win. It's a poetic karma. I am not gonna spend time looking for it because this thread might fall off page 10, but it's there.
>>
>>368573151
ToS I don't know how I fat fingered that so poorly.
>>
>>368557713
Caster in beta was just suffering.
>>
>>368573074
That's like saying "remove cellphones because people no longer interact on the streets". Rather than forcing people to go back to search 30000 stores with massive FPS drop of RO, I'd say make more interesting to interact and have a set party of people.
>>
>>368572506
Probably not much. Some dude made vr replica of prontera-payon area in alpha rules by himself.
>>
File: 1484960771515.jpg (10KB, 350x334px) Image search: [Google]
1484960771515.jpg
10KB, 350x334px
>>368560328
>you will never meet that girl and get to know her again
>>
File: APtlbFN.jpg (292KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
APtlbFN.jpg
292KB, 1600x900px
It swapped from (mainly) quests to full grind at 220+.
The server issues, fps drops, lag, etc.
Kino Gravity Po-
It was fun for a few months, but near the end it became a chore to log in.
>>
>>368573474
this is not your personal blog retard.
>>
>>368572746
I told them that it'd be redundant in the official forums, but I got ignored. The whole north side of Al De Baran was pretty much inspired bythe Wild Wild West, complete with moving rock(death valley), and there is Jawaii as well. There was no need to make another American theme region. There should have been a cool African or European themed area instead IMO.
>>
File: 1487227897915.jpg (66KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
1487227897915.jpg
66KB, 625x469px
>yfw renewal nerfs

i can totally understand the +10 [4]'s breaking the game
but i not sure if the current changes were the right "fix"
>>
File: cat image.png (58KB, 710x246px) Image search: [Google]
cat image.png
58KB, 710x246px
it's cool
it's hip
it's cat image
>>
>>368573074
Sorry but it was more effiecient to say B>Ice Pick
then to go through hundreds of shops of Ice picks with bs pricing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_oky562NOA

Do you miss him/her?
>>
>>368573702
What about FFXIV?.
You can do almost all things alone.
>>
File: metro.jpg (2MB, 3192x2141px) Image search: [Google]
metro.jpg
2MB, 3192x2141px
>>368573281
That's the plot to a pretty fun little city building game. The world is in peril because advancing technology caused people to become so anti-social that the global birth rate has reached 0. You're tasked to design a city that fosters community in order to get people interacting again.

I don't think MMOs will ever be social experiences while leveling, trade, groups, dungeons, and raids are all 100% automated. All you do is show up and press your buttons, meeting anyone anywhere outside dedicated group content is pure detriment because they're hogging your quest monsters or crafting resources.
>>
>>368572584
Solmiki is even more braindead because you have DievMiko with 100% uptime World Tree of and Owls, Pyros eating 50k per fireball ticks, Doppels with permanent invicibility while critting 200k per cyclone tick, etc.
You just need DPS, thats all
>>
>>368573702
Except, you know, ToS is popular as all hell in JP.

Though I like the picture, it ignores facts to make a complaint seem real. Keep reposting buddy.
>>
>>368572759
This kind of abuse really made the game for me.

Mage's firewall was such a powerful and gamebreaking skill.

With proper positioning, you could solo things well above your level, and one mis-step would get you oneshot.

When they added more monster skills, it was harder to do but still possible.
They broke VFW against undead mobs, so my favorite zones don't work anymore.

Partying only became really good at the highest levels. Your priest was your healer AND your tank.

I wonder how the other classes managed.
Agi builds looked fun but the multi-mob flee penalty really fucks you in most zones.
Str/vit aoe builds seem good too, but you'd end up using a ton of pots and without much int your SP will go to shit quick.
Hunters are pretty unique and might have been one of the most broken classes, able to do what mages did with much less effort/constraint.
>>
File: 1430865711075.jpg (94KB, 692x720px) Image search: [Google]
1430865711075.jpg
94KB, 692x720px
>>368573878
Yes
>>
>>368574146
ToS wasn't even released in JP at the time the image was posted.

And is it really? Last I heard it was getting shit on majorly because it ran like major ass and nexon failed to deliver on it.
>>
>>368574179
I was young and foolish when i thought first starting archer was not money efficient and it turns out Hunters are the best waveclear and solo class in the game.
>>
>>368574179
>and one mis-step would get you oneshot
eh
mage coat you probably save from being oneshot
or you can always fwing out

id also argue that on decently populated maps youll never find yourself in a big enough pull that could instagib you
>>
>>368574283
It was released at launch with the party bug. So new players can't even play together and was forced to solo.
>>
File: revelation.jpg (79KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
revelation.jpg
79KB, 800x800px
Flanfly plays ToS.
>>
Man I sometimes wish MMOs were for me. 2 or so months ago I tried most every MMO and found everyone boring as hell. I even tried WoW for the first time and holy shit what do people see in it.
>Go kill 10 wolves and bring back 5 hearts
>This is every quest for the first 20 levels and probbaly beyond.
>Raid is just you and 5 people curbstomping through the dungeon not talking.
>Low level PvP? Have fun getting one shotted by everyone.
I was later told the game gets "better" level 70 or so but that doesnt feel like an excuse any MMOs that are fun early game with lots of partying up to do most anything?
>>
>>368574283
It is popular as hell, JP is getting content earlier than iTOS and more interesting events as well. Truth is, the genre is dying and the west would rather play friend oriented games with their friends (LeL, Overwatch, For Honor, etc) if they wanted to interact rather than fucking "grind forever to grind numbers later" games. Instant fun and achievement of ranks over thoughtless grind and bigger numbers.

Obviously, the genre is fine. Of course. Everyone is anti-social in MMORPGs, west is shit, everyone in the west only play single players. Not MMORPGs are shit and people would rather play other multiplayers.
>>
>>368574653
>It is popular as hell
Yeah but where's the sauce on this? Where are the proofs?
>>
>>368570306
>what else do you need in an mmo
PvP, GvG, Marriage system
>>
>>368574405
lol dumbass
My hunter only attacked with daggers because I didn't want to pay/make for arrows and quivers
>>
>>368574737
spoon goes to mouth
>reee spoonfeed me or u wrong >_>
ok im wrong weeb senpai, glorious kr and jp, fukkin westerners
>>
>>368574842
what
>>
File: 1404671843580.jpg (100KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1404671843580.jpg
100KB, 1024x1024px
>>368574743
>Marriage system
>>
File: 1482405479769.jpg (52KB, 533x599px) Image search: [Google]
1482405479769.jpg
52KB, 533x599px
I tried to download this game before but after installing it, it started downloading again. What's up with that?
>>
>>368574481
to fwing/tclip or not was always on your mind when doing those huge pulls.
If you tele, you lost the time you put into that pull.

At lower levels, you literally get oneshot for stepping into melee.
Once you're pushing j50~ or as 2-x, it takes a decently sized pack or an unlucky mob skill to fuck you.

I think I tried to work with mob packs of about 5-10, since running around to aggro stuff took too much time and was more risky.

Why don't modern games have high skillcap mechanics like this that are actually rewarding?
>>
File: guinea.gif (586KB, 252x323px) Image search: [Google]
guinea.gif
586KB, 252x323px
>>368574959
The client is updating to the latest version.
>>
File: Download_2017-02-25_19-35-18.png (271KB, 620x460px) Image search: [Google]
Download_2017-02-25_19-35-18.png
271KB, 620x460px
>>368574146
>ToS is popular as all hell in JP
Time to check out why
kTos is literally dead so why not
>>
File: ScreenShot185.jpg (40KB, 235x324px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot185.jpg
40KB, 235x324px
>>368574179
I still remember monopolizing Amon-Ra spawns on my paladin, using a spear and standing two tiles away auto-attacking him to death.
I eventually got a card to drop too.
>>
File: nominated.jpg (37KB, 477x300px) Image search: [Google]
nominated.jpg
37KB, 477x300px
>>368575068
>korean ToS
>dead
>>
>>368574636
WoW never gets good. It was good once because it had a big community and a lot of reasons to play with other people. Enemies actually did tons of damage so if you didn't want to spend 15 minutes on your "kill 15 centaurs" quest you'd have to form a group. Open air "dungeons" had quick respawning monsters that could easily overwhelm a single player.
And not every class was created equally, warriors were 100% garbage and would die against more than 1 common enemy without spending their big cooldown survival skills until late in the game where they became the biggest and strongest dudes around. You'd always need someone to support you and you had suprisingly good damage when you weren't constantly on the verge of death.
>>
>>368574636
WoW isn't fun until the content gets challenging.

Raid (20man+) content can be challenging, esp. in mythic tier.

The mythic keystone dungeon system gets challenging if you up the level of your keystone enough, but the rewards start falling off.

Leveling has always sucked, bar maybe mage/lock aoe mobbing in vanilla.
Even then, it was probably hard to outpace efficient questing.
>>
File: 1485724414454.jpg (11KB, 343x345px) Image search: [Google]
1485724414454.jpg
11KB, 343x345px
>>368574179
>Agi builds looked fun but the multi-mob flee penalty really fucks you in most zones.
some agi builds, like 2h knights and the thief classes invested on some luk because perfect dodge ignores the mob penalty

>>368574994
losing a pull is always better than losing xp due to the death penalty
>>
>>368574958
>How dare they role play in a role playing game
>>
>>368575068
You won't get it, it's cultural difference. Japs don't care about being super elite competitive in MMO because they aren't stupid, so it doesn't bug them that someone that spends 1000 hours grinding silvers etc will be strong we than them.
>>
>>368575183
Lmao they won an award for being technologically impressive
the game that couldn't reach a constant 60 fps in empty places won an award for being technologically impressive

also yeah going from six full servers to two servers that have less than 8k players combined is dead
>>
File: Tree of Savor.webm (343KB, 726x516px) Image search: [Google]
Tree of Savor.webm
343KB, 726x516px
>>368557713
It was too lewd so many Western gamers who are now more inclined to play games with socially progressive themes were turned off.
>>
>>368558120
runescape
>inb4 modern
>>
>>368575183
Do you understand how corrupt that award show is? It's hosted by media contents department, which has ex-ncsoft and nexon staff working there.
>>
>>368575086
For MVPs, you could safety wall solo about half of them.

I remember getting a couple of MVP cards and timing the spawns for entire days at a time.
>>
>>368575595
https://twitter.com/tos_nexon/status/835096379152199681
Yeah all those responses telling the company that they're IMCompetent and shit sure aren't similar to the western comments.
Cultural difference my ass
>>
>>368575183
I don't get how a low res texture game with sprites can drop frames so bad while Black Desert runs fucking smooth. What a bunch of fucking incompentent devs.
>>
>>368575909
It's because the game actually uses 3D models designed to look like sprites, only character heads are actual 2d sprites and they're placed on 3D models to create the artstyle.
>>
File: 1395657036685.png (283KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1395657036685.png
283KB, 380x380px
>>368558120
Project Gorgon, again. I never liked grinding but the grind in this game is pretty entertaining, there's a countless amount of things to do and look out for
>>
>>368576061
maybe they should have gone with unreal engine like Guilty Gear and made it much more smoother instead of the heads turning to the screen like the excorsist.
>>
File: 1465683775284.gif (994KB, 232x227px) Image search: [Google]
1465683775284.gif
994KB, 232x227px
>>368557713
Havent played, but let me guess:
korean grinder, cash shop and not living up to the expectations
>>
>>368576170
I remember their mods being really overbearing. Tons of people got banned for racism against deer. Maybe it was stupid but it was also players dynamically crafting the narrative of the world and that kind of stuff is important for such a community focused game.
>>
>>368575909
The game runs pretty much only based on the CPU, is single core only and has some abysmal system where you have to handshake with the server to keep the game rolling.
Have to shoot a lot of data back and forth? Enjoy your 10 fps lmao

and no, this system doesn't work even with korea's internet system either, fuck off
>>
>>368576386
Yes but with the bonus of pure imcompetence and the grind isn't even rewarding a little
>>
File: screenshot-0095.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-0095.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>368558120

Path of Exile

goddamn I love coming up with new builds
>>
Coincidentally I started playing this again the other day

what are your thoughts on schwarzer reiters
>>
Does this game still only use your main CPU core and basically ignore the existence of your GPU?
>>
>>368576748
yes. it's been 2 years since beta and they still haven't resolved this issue.
>>
>>368575595
>Japs don't care about being super elite competitive in MMO because they aren't stupid
>Countries citizens don't care about being competitive because I say so
I love /v/
>>
>>368576505
personally i like having a set class then making a build
poe just feels weird for me
>>
>>368576931
They created the first competitive games and tournaments are very regular activities over there, moreso than the rest of the world. Also,
>nerds anywhere
>following social norm
You're the one who needs to prove your point.
>>
>>368576452
They added a setting to make it run on multiple cores....but turning it on will make your GPU work so hard you can actually break and this isn't a joke, a Titan can't run ToS with that setting on without crashing multiple times and running like it was overclocked
>>
>>368577174
what
how do you get any of that from my post
of course nip nongs are fucking super competitive, they still have fucking WoE tournaments for money prizes to this fucking day

read the quote chain
>>
>>368576452
For a long time certain classes were unplayable because of that handshake. I played quarrel shooter when the game first came out and using your main damage/stun skill froze you in place for 4 seconds while the server checked that you actually had stones in your inventory. Your main offensive and defensive skill was actually a gigantic loss in DPS and ended up with you dead 3/5 of the time you tried to cast it.
>>
>tfw spent close to $100 on this dead game

Why couldn't it just be good?
>>
Have any of Tostards here mentioned the fact almost everything is client side and players can actually use chat commands to warp everywhere or even force other players to disconnect from the server?
The best part is unless a mass abusing happen, like half of the servers doing it, IMC just doesn't give any fuck?
>>
>>368577568
It couldn't be good because morons like you are the norm these days
>>
>>368577624
>The best part is unless a mass abusing happen, like half of the servers doing it, IMC just doesn't give any fuck?
lmao one guy fixed the multicore issues and synced FPS months ago and he got banned from the korean version pretty much instantly when he posted information about it
>>
4k people online on a saturday evening
rip.
>>
>>368577568
i spent 200 bux
on a private server
>>
>>368577777
>>
>>368577779
"people"
>>
>>368577779
well at least its not battleborne numbers....yet
>>
>>368577783
There's a ToS private server? Source? Maybe this game will actually be good now.
>>
File: 1463560163032.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463560163032.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>368577779
>1 PM
>Saturday evening
>>
>>368573717
Did I hear bs pricing?
A while ago on the official game after years of complaints of the vending price limit being 99,999,999 they bumped it up.
I forget if it was by one or two digits.

Those in favor of it claimed it wouldn't increase the price of things that weren't already worth more than the price cap.
You didn't have to be a jew to foresee the unfortunate consequences of this change.

It's already horseshit that people try to sell so many things at the cap in the first place.
In the japanese and korean versions basically nothing hits the vend cap except things like golden thief bug cards.
>>
File: 2015-08-08_22-39-40.png (2MB, 1280x955px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-08_22-39-40.png
2MB, 1280x955px
>>368577624

yep, teleport hack has been working since beta

>>368576748

that along with taking the worst features from old MMOs and mixing it with the worst features from modern MMOs was what ultimately killed ToS
at least it had nice art and music, though, I still listen to the BGM quite often
>>
>>368577924
in Europe.
>>
File: 1448299869526.gif (2MB, 473x266px) Image search: [Google]
1448299869526.gif
2MB, 473x266px
>>368576392
The community shapes what they want the game to be like, honestly. Rather than a circlejerk, it's more like a massive town, which is quite odd

Friendly reminder that Project Gorgon is the comeback of oldschool MMOs!
>>
>>368578007
No one gives a fuck about eurocuck time.
>>
File: 1391721042129.gif (3MB, 530x397px) Image search: [Google]
1391721042129.gif
3MB, 530x397px
>>368578118
>>
I just want to play an mmo where I can have some nice grind, explore the world, and ignore everyone else as I solo
>>
>>368573074

All that will do is get bots to parse the inventory of stores like on Path of Exile and MapleStory. You can't beat the more advanced playerbase of MMOs nowadays.
>>
>>368578010
It has a whole lot of stuff I really liked. You could leave the tutorial cave having learned nothing or you could gain a friend, learn battle psychology, and get a permanently giant head for wandering into the boss room. Couldn't protect yourself with helmets and you looked like a total idiot, but that big head could hold a big brain and you get a huge int bonus for it.
Another thing I really loved is how as a necromancer permanent skeleton friends could only be raised from a graveyard. Either you travel all the way to the established cemetary or you find a spot where so many players died that it's considered a graveyard.

>>368578302
Sounds like you ought to buy The Forest, ARK, or Dark Age of Conan.
>>
>>368578302
FFXI
>>
>>368578217
It's true
Europe matter less than zero for iToS, server has like 300 players, 2 serious guilds and 200 of these 300 are russians
>>
I actually like ToS, hate watching it bleed out. MMOs should all die with dignity like Runescape, at least with RS everybody pretty much quit at the same time with the wilderness and trade restrictions.
>>
>>368578410
The big head is a curse you can remove by killing the boss that cursed you, or getting a friend to help you with that. There's a curse of bovinity, turns you into a cow until you use an un-cow potion or a word of power that cures bovinity, or until you kill the boss or bring a friend to kill it for you. It's quite a lovely game
>>
Who was your least favorite player of ToS/v/?
>>
File: 1463993941471.jpg (4MB, 4920x1968px) Image search: [Google]
1463993941471.jpg
4MB, 4920x1968px
>>368579592
>>
>>368557713

The took all the freedom people had in RO, and made a follow the quest trough this exactly specific chain of areas MMO.

Its supposed to be the RO succesor, and the only thing it sort of has is some of the charm in the design of monsters.
>>
What's a good MMO worth playing?
>>
>>368580381
RO

Revelation Online
>>
File: buying gf.jpg (65KB, 196x283px) Image search: [Google]
buying gf.jpg
65KB, 196x283px
>>368579750
>>
>>368579592
cats
>>
>>368580654
>player
>>
File: DELETETHIS.png (3KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
DELETETHIS.png
3KB, 112x112px
>>368579750
>>
>>368581070
>was
>>
File: has left..jpg (23KB, 372x122px) Image search: [Google]
has left..jpg
23KB, 372x122px
>>368581078
You can't make me
>>
>>368579592
3jane is so full of himself, it's good that he's constantly being shat on in tosg. Nobody likes him.
>>
How to enjoy TOS tutorial.

Step 1: Download game
Step 2: Uninstall
Step 3: Enjoy OST C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\bgm
>>
>>368562141
what
>>
>>368570306
the first M in mmo
>>
>>368570306
>he thinks MMO means RPG+IRC

Catering to normalfags was the worst mistake devs ever made.
>>
>>368579750
That makes me wish a Starfleet Dental type group was on ToS. Actively going after the ERPers and fucking around with them using party poppers, disco balls, and scat fics.
>>
File: RO_Isis.gif (35KB, 99x114px) Image search: [Google]
RO_Isis.gif
35KB, 99x114px
no boobers
>>
Does anyone here play MUDs?
>>
>>368584283
There's so few of us left now, anon.. too few..
>>
>>368584995
I feel that MUDs are one of the few genres left that provide a lot of what people want in an MMO but sadly don't have graphics so people tend to avoid them.
>>
>>368585372
Elder god challenge:
RPG MU* that isn't ERP-centric
>>
>>368577568
>tfw paid for all the starter dlc during closed beta for me and my gf
>>
>>368587293
Did you play as a girl?
>>
File: lxIDtnX[1].jpg (40KB, 246x353px) Image search: [Google]
lxIDtnX[1].jpg
40KB, 246x353px
>>368557713
Not enough boys for me to kiss!

The base gameplay was bad, they tried to make it a questing game instead of a grinding game, there was no endgame to speak of, it was released unfinished, things were broken every patch, I could go on and on.
>>
i'm going to marry my crush soon ~
>>
>>368580654
>>368581228
Wait, did he quit? Rance and Daimyo are still talking like he plays all the time when ToS comes up.
>>
anybody knows a good mmorpg in the style of ragnarok online ? I'm a fan of retro games in general, and somehow i am attached to that art style , done right of course (in an artistic setting).
Currently i am playing OW and some other mobas, and whatever comes out of reasonable quality, but i miss some mmo's on the side.
>>
>>368557713
what's the next best mmo?
>>
>>368578302
>mmo
>solo
whats the point?
>>
>>368557713
I got banned
>>
File: 1459663700173.png (1MB, 900x936px) Image search: [Google]
1459663700173.png
1MB, 900x936px
>>368579592
Capyba
>>
>>368563147
>A digital haircut lasts you forever
Forever until the game get shut down in like 3 years or so.
>>
What do you hate in MMO's?

I personally hate when there are no factions in MMO's , no opposing playable sites. My first MMO back in the day ( 12 years ago) was WoW and somehow i came to associate those two things with one another, factions and mmo's that is.
>>
>>368584283
I played a MUD or two when I was 10~.
Became one of the most powerful characters on the server and started one-shotting and backstabbing everyone I didn't like.
I had macros set to powerclear through all of the relevant areas quickly.

It was fun, but I couldn't see myself going back to a dialup-friendly mmo.
>>
I quit when I made the mistake of playing a class in the Swordsman circle.

Turns out that practically every single class they have is shit.
>>
>>368589075
>IMC
>shutting down this trash
Granado Espada doesn't have half the players and is still running a decade later.
>>
File: 1473014336840.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473014336840.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
So should I play ToS or what?
>>
>>368589180
>my first MMO back in the day was WoW
My condolences. Years ago, some wise Anon said that your first MMO is like your first girlfriend, you always compare the rest to her, and your first one is shit. Nobody knows if he was right, nobody had a gf here, lol

Anyways, I prefer something like RO's WoE, open PvP and factions are usually shit. Yes, I'm aware that both WAR and Lineage were good despise that.
>>
File: 1UycVwU.png (167KB, 288x219px) Image search: [Google]
1UycVwU.png
167KB, 288x219px
>>368589450
Probably not.
>>
>>368589450
No. At best it's a really awful Ys gameplay wise.

t. Swordsman
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 543x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 543x304px
>>368573416
Your RO wives will never talk to you again.
>>
I can't believe I'm going trough this buggy launcher just to prove that the jTOS population is shit
>>
File: 1296987833455.jpg (443KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
1296987833455.jpg
443KB, 620x877px
>>368590431
Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>368590431
It doesn't worth it. You are going to get no reply at best or, probably, a "I was just pretending to be retarded".
>>
>>368590431
Anon it's worth it to have hard proof that can be used in /tosg/. Thank you for your efforts.
>>
>>368590431
>>368591074
god bless
fuck /tosg/
>>
File: 1488054207060.jpg (246KB, 747x863px) Image search: [Google]
1488054207060.jpg
246KB, 747x863px
>>368589450
Do you like cute and nothing else? Yes
Do you want to take this shit seriously? No
>>
Why has literally NO other MMO did something like RO's gear and card system.

RO is the only MMO I ever played in which you could start getting end-game viable gear at level fucking 1.
>>
>>368592463
UO had viable vendor gear too
>>
>>368592463
You know what's even worse? Non-tradable gear.
>>
How grindy is ToS? I'm quitting MS because I'm grinding but making so little progress, money is hard to come by when the market is so oversaturated
>>
>>368563178
Old EuphRO in 2003 or 04 was the shit, 2k+ players online

only problem was how it was using that shitty RO emulator so it had too many bugs
>>
>>368593449
Not at all until you reach lvl 200+ or so.
After that enjoy your grindan for hours and hours.
>>
>>368576505
nice double-dipping build you scumbag
>>
>>368579592
Sandvich, i believe he is retarded for some reason.
>>
>>368593449
ToS is not grindy at all until the very end game stages and that's only if you want to play a raw dps character. Also the game pretty much forces you to have alt characters and use them to fund a main character.
>>
>>368577924
Since when does egoraptor's wife star in an anime?
>>
>>368589630
your "wife" was a guy pretending to be a girl
>>
>>368592463
because grinding for multiple cards at 0.01% drop chance item was fucking boring, then you had to grind for 10+ slotted gear so you can hopefully get one like +7 overupgraded, which was even more boring

so boring the game was botted to hell and back, even people who never botted were benefited from botting by buying botted equipment in markets
How card mechanics interacted was really cool, but getting items was just a pain in the ass, infinitesimal drop rates aren't fun.
>>
>>368598293
Fun fact: Did you know that the developers never intended that people grind for cards aside from some of the more obvious ones?
The low droprate was initially meant to be used so that parties that would roam the world would every now and then stumble upon a card, and create an economy based on those rare findings.
oh how naive the developers were
>>
>>368597975
But Anon, you must select your gender when you make a RO account. What kind of degenerate would lie about it in a gook hat simulator?
>>
File: ANSWERS.png (75KB, 568x257px) Image search: [Google]
ANSWERS.png
75KB, 568x257px
>>368598779
I wonder if ERP was awkward on korean servers.
>>
>>368598681
>the game's economy was supposed to rely on people stumbling into 0.01% drop rates

So they expected people to wait a decade until they had found enough cards by that dumb method? Because that's a very retarded concept.
>>
>>368600127
Just look at Renewal, RO2, RO2, Granado Espada and now Tree of ToS. They never knew what they were doing.
>>
>>368600127
They understood that people would grind shit like Skelly Archers and mobs that spawned in huge amounts and had decent respawn times.
They never understood that the game would inhibt people autistic enough to grind a single mobster for weeks upon weeks on end.
>>368600647
None of those had the original developers.
>>
>>368600127
>So they expected people to wait a decade until they had found enough cards by that dumb method?
kRO had more than a thousand card drops by its very first week (actual release, not beta), I'd assume the idea wasn't too stupid considering maps were crowded to the fucking brim with parties and every mob was on a respawn timer nearly 24/7.

A small bunch of people in their basement making a game never understood how long and successful their hunk of junk would go.
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.