[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why aren't you playing space station 13 anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: arcticmap.png (750KB, 1367x915px) Image search: [Google]
arcticmap.png
750KB, 1367x915px
why aren't you playing space station 13 anon?
>>
>shitty graphics
>terrible controls
>terrible UI
>every server is 500+ ping
>muh ebin clown autism
>>
retards who want to powergame and grief, that will be breaking into the captain's office 30 seconds into a round, or who will immediately kill people or put them in a locker and weld them

to avoid servers that have that shit you go to bad ping ones where barely anything happens

ive had amazing moments but also incredible frustration at how other people hate roleplaying in a roleplaying game and just play team death match, that's just super frustrating
>>
>>367912387
>>367912770
not on VG
>>
>>367912157

>ss13 thread on /v/

I really hope this thread dies fast so we don't get shitters on the server again.
>>
>>367915389

>not on /vg/

vg is the worst of all. Powergamers and waifufags everywhere that pm admins the moment they get slipped in the hallways.
>>
>>367915517
But anon, the server is shitters already. Probe "what is the bunker?"1 will never do what is needed to save /vg/ from hippie players.

>>367915583
rin was JUST banned
>>
>BYOND
Wew lad. That takes me back.
>>
>>367915706
a full non-byond remake never
>>
>>367912770
>breaking into the captain's office 30 seconds into a round.
Captain's Spare ID was a mistake.

Borg and Janitor are the comfiest jobs.
>>
i've heard about space station 13 for YEARS and yet i never understood how people play it. I remember seeing threads about this in 2010 yet i never understood how people were playing it. did someone finally make an actual SS13 video game?
>>
>>367918802
it is a real video game, just google it and download byond.
>>
Daily reminder that if you use a the same name every round you're an attention whoring faggot and should kill yourself.
>>
>>367919259
Don't you mean "if you don't have every option possible as Random"?
>>
File: image.png (199KB, 366x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
199KB, 366x414px
Shitty communities that run on the idea of drama and popularity, shitty admins, the only people worth saving are pomf and hippie

Metafaggots, heavy bad rp and powergamers

Only worth playing with friends on hippie so you can do anything with them and not anyone caring

>>367915630
Probe is decent last I checked, the fucker needs to retire for good though
>>
>>367920248
>the only people worth saving are pomf and hippie

Why would you save a shitty server with no roleplay and a shitty server overtaken by a metaclub hellbent on turning it into hippie?
>>
>>367920375
Never said their servers are worth saving, the individuals are the ones who are decent, imagine having to deal with retards on diapers that have to control lower retards that generate constant drama and want this people banned, this feature added or removed, etc.

Pomf's shitposts are great and some Hippie's videos are funny

But after all, between all the shitty servers, my favorite poison was /vg/, it had SOME decent admins
>>
I'm not that autist.
>>
>>367912157
>why aren't you playing space station 13 anon?
i already got Rimworld
>>
>>367912157
only good thing about this game is that facecam people cannot make it work
>>
>>367920919
>pomf
>alive

anon...
>>
>>367921371
Oh no, tell me the bad news
>>
>>367922079
He's depressed and barely returns to ss13 anymore, hasn't posted in the thread for weeks
>>
>>367912157
SS13 is honestly the best game ever created but its hampered in every way by what its players do and obviously the engine. I love it when everything goes great but for every round that is great there are 10 which are fucking boring as someone spends 4 hours retiling escape after the antagonists fuck off in the first 15 minutes.
>>
>>367912157
I don't understand it.
>>
ONE DAY
WOODY GOT WOOD.
>>
File: FinnNightmare.jpg (121KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FinnNightmare.jpg
121KB, 1024x768px
POST YOUR CYRO MIX IN THIS THREAD SO WE MAY JUDGE YOU
>>
>>367922830
ASS BLAST USA
>>
>>367922883
40u coffee
40 cryo
10 hyperzine
10 Discount Dan's special sauce
>>
File: barotrauma.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
barotrauma.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Why aren't you playing SS13 in a submarine with non-shit UI and controls
>>
File: 1367023683248.jpg (471KB, 1499x1746px) Image search: [Google]
1367023683248.jpg
471KB, 1499x1746px
>>367912157
I got tired of coders adding ridiculous meme shit, nobody has an ounce of sense or taste when it comes to game design.

SS13 could legitimately be one of the greatest games ever created if someone who know who knows what they're fucking doing made a remake with a clear vision behind it.
>>
I downloaded BYOND. How do I join vg server?
>>
File: 1470086475756.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470086475756.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
Because I'm not a NERD!
>>
File: valids.png (167KB, 662x648px) Image search: [Google]
valids.png
167KB, 662x648px
>>
>>367924796
name? is it free?
>>
>>367927572
See the filename, yes

http://undertowgames.com/barotrauma/
>>
>>367927625
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEGQGL6u62E
dont eat like a noob
>>
The servers are really shit.

It's either some furry shit or Goon Safe Space Station.
>>
>>367925128
SS13 isn't the same without atmos, and nobody wants to deal with that shit.
>>
>>367912157
I don't really enjoy it.

Too much admin interference and reliance on human moderation, means the game becomes more about "Who can bullshit the admin" rather than any in-game mechanics.

Plus, there'll generally be a brief period of action surrounded by several minutes to an hour of boring.
I get that it's just the type of game it is, but spending half the time waiting for something to happen and half the time dead is not very enjoyable.
Same reason why I don't play counter-strike's default mode, but I prefer gungame + deathmatch. Less time spent waiting, more time spent doing things.

I dunno, maybe I just don't get it. But this Admin-message-and-waiting simulator isn't really my thing.
>>
>>367912770
It's not really a roleplaying game tho.
You can roleplay in it, but you don't have to.
You have official objectives as an antag, and unofficial ones (stop antags) as non-antag.
Granted, the UI is clunky, but given that you have objectives you can play to achieve them.

Huh, that reminds me of some autism that usually pops up in /tg/ where people get really [TRIGGERED] about playing games with game mechanics and loss conditions as play-to-win number crunching things.

You don't have to play it that way. You can roleplay if you want.
But I've seen people on /tg/ get really autistically screeching and full [TRIGGERED] about people who'd rather skip the roleplaying and roll some dice.
>>
I absolutely love complex games with emergent gameplay(think Dwarf Fortress), but this game is too roleplayish and lacking in objectives for my tastes.
Also the round-based aspect is shitty, you get excited doing something, then 15min later people call the shuttle and all you did meant nothing.
And the shitty controls, your success in combat("robustness") is determined with your ability to click on a shitty sprite moving erratically in a lagged engine AND server.
>>
>>367912770

Mainly this. Theres no such thing as medium RP. If its low RP its he is who is robust and prepared wins, if its high RP the mechanics aren't really adjusted for this fact and you're expected to run a gimped character. Medium RP is just the powergamers pushing the line harder and harder and something nice happening 1 out of 100 rounds.
>>
File: 1462016750325.jpg (19KB, 206x263px) Image search: [Google]
1462016750325.jpg
19KB, 206x263px
>>367924796
>non-shit UI and controls
>>
Because the roleplay is either non existent or full on autism on the available servers.
>>
because the game was take over by furfags.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.