[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underrail-thread I survived Depot A. Shit was tough as fuck,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 51

File: 13-noscale.jpg (486KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13-noscale.jpg
486KB, 1920x1080px
Underrail-thread

I survived Depot A. Shit was tough as fuck, but molotovs saved me.
>>
>>367420716
Post your build so we can make fun of it.
>>
>>367420795
I use guns and melee, stealth, dodge evasion hack and lockpicking.

At level 8 now.

str 6
dex 8
agi 6
con 7
per 7
will 4
int 4
>>
>>367421219
Those are some thin spread stats, you'll have trouble getting some of the higher tier feats.
>>
>>367420716
What/how is this game, somebody give me a quick rundown.
>>
>>367422437
Yeah.. i'd like this too.
>>
>>367420716
Good job, anon. You have officially finished the tutorial of the game. Now the real fun begins.
>>
>>367422437
>>367422637
quickrundown.club
>>
>>367422437
Niche game, done by a small Serbian team of 1, then 3, now 4, over the course of 7 years.

Combat and exploration centric, not dialogue heavy like most modern rpgs. You control a single character, no companions. Really good character building with a classless system, but you have to build for combat if you want to survive, unless you already know everything about the game there is to know, in which case you can get away with a pure stealth build. Really good stealth system by the way, light levels, noise, sound propagation, security cameras you can hack, basically what you'd expect from a genuine stealth system.

Questions?
>>
>>367422437
Classic fallout with a much bigger focus on combat, character building and exploration and a much lesser focus on quests, story and characters.
>>
>>367423214
>>367423493
How's the combat?

>>367423178
ebin.meme
>>
>>367423493
>367422437
is the combat better than Xenonuts?
>>
>>367423686
Fucking great. Turn based, you have separate Action Point and Movement Point pools. You can use APs for movement, but not vice versa. Unlike in the Fallout games, you can't target different body parts. Your options in combat obviously depend on your weapon and your feats. Some builds, like sledgehammer, work in a pretty straightforward way in combat, while mages or crossbow users have a much wider range of options available to them.

As long as the enemy doesn't see you, you can prepare the battlefield for example with traps. You can also plant traps in combat, but if the enemy sees you plant it they will try to avoid triggering it, and might even disarm it if they are skilled enough.
>>
>>367424387
>hammers
>crossbows
>magic
What about guns? Does this gaem have guns?
>>
>>367425113
Pistols, SMGs, assault rifles, sniper rifles, energy guns (laser, plasma, electroshock), chemical guns (acid, incendiary, cryoliquid).
>>
>>367425113
Pistols
Assault Rifles
SMGs
Sniper Rifles
Chemical pistols
Energy pistols

All of those have unique builds, some of them several.
>>
>>367425113
Yeah, of course. Pistols, SMGs, assault rifles, sniper rifles, energy and chemical weapons. All with distinct playstyles through character feat builds.

Pistols are kind of shitty especially compared to burst weapons, but what do you expect.
>>
When will expansion release? Is there any point of playing it now without it?
>>
>>367422009
It's ok, I still have plenty to acquire from previous levels
>>
>>367424045
I'd say it's better, but that's comparing apples and oranges.

Xenonauts is a squad-based cover shooter.
Underrail is a single character RPG.
>>
>>367425548

During first half of this year.
>>
>>367425451
Chem and energy pistols are even shittier now, the gunslinger nerf hit them hard.

For the new people
Top tier: ARs, Snipers, SMGs, combat gloves, unarmed psi, pure psi
Mid: crossbows(difficult to build and play but rewarding), sledgehammers
Low: pistols
Shit: knives, chem pistols, energy pistols

If you are willing to play an older build then knives used to be top tier.
>>
>>367425359
>>367425364
>>367425451
Sounds good and all but hearing how much of a learning curve this game has and how complicated it supposedly is, I'll probably just loose interest in trying to learn all of it and give up on the game, it really sucks having a shitty attention span, I think modern games have spoiled me a bit.
>>
>>367425548
We don't know. Styg said early 2017, but to be fair that means nothing. I don't think he'll give us a more precise estimated date until it's done.

Up to you. The game is perfectly fine already, but the expansion is going to add some neat stuff, and it's a mid-game expansion anyway. So if you are preparing to play for the first time, you might want to wait.
>>
>>367426041
lol wut, knives are still good tier

snipers are meh at best, but the expansion will make them more interesting to play
>>
>>367425451
Go ahead and play it, yeah. Expedition is a mid-game expac with some late-game abilities and a new psi-tree thrown in. It's worth getting familiar with the existing systems so you can go in knowing what to reasonably expect, and to appreciate (or dislike) whatever other changes accompany it. There's a fair amount of choice throughout the first three acts, with mutually exclusive questlines and such, so replayability shouldn't be a major concern.
>>
>>367426134
The learning curve is not all that bad, really. Nor is the difficulty, it's not hard for the sake of being hard. You have to be exceptionally bad or exceptionally unlucky to fuck yourself into a corner in a way you can't recover from. If you don't have minmaxer tendencies just make a build and roll with it, and don't worry if you made some suboptimal choices.
>>
File: 1272412237491.jpg (134KB, 519x600px) Image search: [Google]
1272412237491.jpg
134KB, 519x600px
>>367426328
>snipers are meh at best
>>
>>367420716
>I survived Depot A
You survived the pussy, nerfed, watered-down version. Congrats.
>>
>>367426607
literally meh. 1-2 shots per turn, really fucking boring to play
>>
Where to get this game the cheapest?
>>
I put 80 hours into this game and never finished it because I have restartitis and have made 50 characters so far just fuck my shit up forever senpai.
>>
>>367426675
Anon, please. He survived the version with the improved AI. That minor HP nerf the mutants got is basically nothing compared to that.
>>
>>367426767
It's $15 everywhere. Or I guess you could just torrent it if you are so inclined.
>>
>>367420716
Did you see any two-headed mutants? This is important.
>>
File: 4xzpie7 - Imgur.png (93KB, 304x288px) Image search: [Google]
4xzpie7 - Imgur.png
93KB, 304x288px
I discovered it's already in my library and its only 2.3 gigs
>>
>>367426675
>tfw got my shit pushed in with a horrible sub-optimal psi-sledge-monk back on release
>powered through only to completely lose hope at Rail Crossing
What's in the GMS Compound behind the Burrowers, anyway?
>>
>>367426735
You can one shot the last boss, how the fuck is that meh.

And knives got hit HARD with the taste for blood and dex nerf, the number of attacks you can get in a round got basically halved.
>>
File: Mutated_human_twoheaded_l.png (19KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Mutated_human_twoheaded_l.png
19KB, 100x100px
>>367427197
Right, good idea.

OKAY PEOPLE, LISTEN UP. You have all played this game. Not once, and not twice. You are veterans, the best of the best. You know this game as well as anyone can.

We need your cooperation. There is an emergency, a question that needs to be answered, but a question that no one could answer so far. It's time to work together, to brainstorm, to solve this mystery once and for all.

What can change the nature of a mutant?
>>
>>367427383
>knives got hit HARD
Only minmaxed dex / TfB builds got hit hard. Knives in general are still good, only now there are more equally viable build options.
>>
>>367427349
Nothing.
>>
>>367426041
If you think knives are shit tier you haven't played the build right
>>
>>367427859
me on the left
>>
>>367427349
Faceless are serious shit, Don't mess with them. Not at your level.
>>
>>367420716
Been thinking of picking this up, how would I build an unarmed/fist character?
>>
>>367428472
Either psi unarmed monk or pneumatic fist crit build.

For detailed ones check the official forums, also there's a fairly new steam guide with all the basic builds outlined.
>>
>>367428294
I dropped the game for months after that, then came back and cleared that place with stealth. Underrail's stealth system is fantastic.
>>
>>367427859
Exitus-1
>>
>>367427859
A qt mutantess.
>>
expedition when?
>>
>>367428739
And what would you do with it?
>>
you hook them up to a giant network of tanks filled with mutagens that continually regenerate and accelerate the evolution of their genes and then inject it into them
>>
>>367426735
>really fucking boring to play
Nah.

I mean you are right that generally you just shoot and that's it, but sniper rifle move/close range penalties force you to actually give a fuck about postioning, target priority, enviroment light etc, the last one especially early game when you don't have night vision yet. You will be stunning enemies with a taser, throwing flashbangs for CC and to re-stealth, throwing molotovs to create light (and get rid of spawns, fuck spawns when palying a sniper) often enough.

Not to mention sniper builds pretty much need a backup weapon, usually a pistol/SMG/AR.

Playing a sniper gets even more complex if you take ambush and get to the point where you have 100% crit chance if conditions are met (PC in total darkness, enemy in sufficiently bright light). When this happens your tactics will change a lot; shooting enemies next to fire barrels on the first turn to save the Aimed Shot for the next turn, throwing molotovs in small areas where you can illuminate multiple enemies for a long while, luring enemies into bright areas etc.
>>
>>367427859
"Game mechanics"
>>
File: Mgh_f1_l.png (12KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Mgh_f1_l.png
12KB, 100x100px
>>367428863
Unfortunately there are no female mutants. The best we have is this cute female mutie.
>>
>>367428969
I want shotguns so fucking bad.
>>
>>367429239
yeah i now, sniper rifles are still the most boring weapon known to zoners

the whole stealth sniper archetype is way more fun crossbows
>>
>>367429359
>Unfortunately there are no female mutants
That's quite an assumption.

A lot of them are just mutated to the point where they lost all secondary sex characteristics.
>>
>>367427383
When was this knife nerf?
>>
>>367428635
So is pneumatic the plain Jane build? I just wanna be a dude punching muties and shit.
>>
>>367429513
>yeah i now, sniper rifles are still the most boring weapon known to zoners
Nah, that would be ARs. Especially on metal armor builds.

>the whole stealth sniper archetype is way more fun crossbows
Crossbows play a lot different than snipers. Sniper just one shot everything, their whole game is setting up the conditions for it.

Crossbow build rely on special bolts and traps far more than pure mechanical damage.
>>
>>367429376
I want something slightly less ambitious.

Where the fuck are my unique combat shouts for important NPCs?!

I get the models. I get the portraits. I get animations. But would it be that hard to not have important NPCs shout around like common raiders?
>>
>>367429359
So what happens if you play female character and D5 happens?
>>
>>367424387
>mages
How does that work? Like, radiation "magic", or straight up mystical arcane forces?
>>
Still wondering when gog is going to release a patch for the latest update so I don't have to redownload the whole game.
>>
>>367429731
Kokoscha has unique combat shouts.

Too bad he's pretty suicidal.
>>
>>367429840
Why not use GOG galaxy?
>>
>>367429376
I struggle to fin any sort of niche for them.

>high damage up close
ARs already do that, as a matter of fact it's their main selling point.

>AoE damage
Underrail combat is really more about killing individual enemies one by one, with the exception of grenades/mines/psi to a lesser degree, but even those use AoE as support.

I just don't see a main weapon being AoE at the cost of effectiveness against single targets. Not really worth it.
>>
>>367429543
1.0.1.4 is the last version before the nerf so get that.

Mind you crit knife builds in before the nerf are stupidly powerful.
>>
>>367429835
Psychic powers/magic. Sounds a lil' weird but it's explained well in the game, and part of the game is figuring out how people got these powers so I don't want to ruin it.
>>
>>367429982
I don't want another gaming client. It's bad enough I have to use steam for things.
>>
>>367429835
Psionics, basically the same shit we have boatloads of unclassified CIA research documents from the 40-50s about. Telekinesis, temperature manipulation, telepathy, etc.

This is at least the spoiler-free explanation.
>>
>>367430073
Sounds neat. For some reason I've had zero interest in this game until recently. Maybe because I got back into cRPGs and this one seems up my ally.
>>
File: sniperbtw.png (68KB, 969x707px) Image search: [Google]
sniperbtw.png
68KB, 969x707px
Made a sniper
Should I get an SMG or a Assault Rifle as a side arm?
I'm thinking SMG For spec ops
>>
>>367430091
Just use it to download patches when you want, you don't have to keep that shit running 24/7.

Also gog galaxy has way less crap than steam client (at least at this point)
>>
>>367429835
You control minds, throw fireballs and puch people with the power of your own mind.
>>
>>367429759
You turn into the same generic mutant. Well, as >>367429543 said, gender kind of stops mattering when your entire body is burned up and acid is dripping from every hole.
>>
>>367429835
Psi powers clearly inspired by System Shock 2. There are few scifi-fied D&D spells too
>>
File: Skills.png (50KB, 981x709px) Image search: [Google]
Skills.png
50KB, 981x709px
>>367430225
>>
>>367430225
>Should I get an SMG or a Assault Rifle as a side arm?
Pistols.

I don't want to write this shit again so I'll just link it.

http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2791.msg14534#msg14534

Look for the wall of text, those are my tips for sniper builds after playing a lot of them.

I reccomend pistols because:
>they have no move/close combat/STR penalties, meaning they will be there to save you no matter how bad it is, which is precisely when you will be using your sidearm

>they can use Kneecap Shot that drop enemy movement points to 0, good for making distance (SMGs get it too, ARs don't)

>neo lugers with laser sights get +15% precision, meaning they will hit even if you suffer some penalites to your hit chance

>they give +7 initiative with Gunslinger so you will act sooner when the combat starts
>>
File: gduur.jpg (57KB, 434x359px) Image search: [Google]
gduur.jpg
57KB, 434x359px
I hate that the game gives an awesome skill like this that you'll never be able to practically get and use. Mutants, robots, and armored fuckers with big-ass guns will fuck your shit over every time before you get to play assassin.

I just wanted to be the sneaky-dodgy-stabber ninja.
>>
>>367430040
Close range run and gun builds.

High singletarget damage up close at low AP cost with armor penetration built in with obvious shit accuracy and high spread at far range.

They would have their own niche since they would do more damage upclose than ARs and with lower AP cost being able to take out more targets in one turn and being better at dealing with armored targets than SMGs while being worse than both at range.

Also different ammo types like sabot rounds or even bean bags for stun to enable execute.
>>
>>367430225
>>367430747
Also, if you realyl don't want pistols for whatever reason then ARs are very good as well, they will deal a lot more damage but don't have nearly the same amount of utility or reliablity as pistols have.

SMGs are in-between, meh as sidearms if you ask me. Damage too low, too little utility.
>>
Can I make some sort of spellsword in this game?
Kind of an hibrid between magic user and melee?
>>
>>367430959
What are you talking about, that skill is literally the #1 sneaky-dodgy-stabby-ninja solution to armored fuckers.
>>
>>367430959
Cut-Throat is fucking great. You can one-shot every motherfucker in the arena with it and flashbangs. Same goes for any single humanoid target. Having trouble with Balor? Sneak up behind him, Cut-Throat, flashbang into stealth, and vanish.
>>
>>367431158
>spellsword

who needs spellsword when you have spellFISTS
>>
>>367430959
>I hate that the game gives an awesome skill like this that you'll never be able to practically get and use.
You get a lot of use out of it though, but yeah it's a shame it only works on humans. Should at least work on humanoids as well.

>Mutants, robots, and armored fuckers with big-ass guns will fuck your shit over every time before you get to play assassin.
Get the Expose Weakness feat, it cuts the DR/DT in half for 2 turns.

http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Expose_Weakness
>>
can I play a mad scientist build?
fallout 4 suck balls for this
>>
>>367430959
You absolutely can be, just don't pick that perk.

There's plenty other extremely good feats: Cheap shots, Opportunist, Dirty Kick, Recklessness, Expose Weakness, Ripper, Critical Power, Interloper. Imo knives are not only viable but the most fun build in the game, certainly more than guns and slightly more than psi
>>
>>367431158
>Can I make some sort of spellsword in this game?
Not a spell sword, but a psi monk.

Basically punching things while helping yourself with the magic mind powers.
>>
>>367431158
Similar question, would a combat glove/psi build work with ARs as a backup?
>>
>>367431158
>>367431358
How about spellGUNS?
>>
>>367431409
Kind of? You can make all kinds of bioweapons and top-tier hazmat gear with the right crafting skills, and several quests require science-related skills. There's an entire quest hub centered around that stuff, actually.
>>
>>367431503
>Similar question, would a combat glove/psi build work
Yes.

>with ARs as a backup?
You won't need any backup.
>>
File: Iguessthisiswhatyouwant.png (24KB, 868x265px) Image search: [Google]
Iguessthisiswhatyouwant.png
24KB, 868x265px
>>367431409
I think you could, but what do you mean by mad scientist?
You can make other bioweapons like grenades and chemicles bullets too I guess
>>
>>367431358
Aight, Muscle mage it is then.
>>
>>367420716
i want to know whens the Expansion is coming out

Does anyone know this?
>>
>>367431503
>PSI and Fist
>AR as a backup
M8 if spells don't work, just punch that shit
>>
>>367431684
nope

not even the dev
>>
>>367431409
Chemical and energy pistols with chemical grenades as backup, the build isn't that great but it's there.

>>367431503
Psi unarmed rapes the game, no need for ARs as backup.
Also since unarmed uses dex pistols or SMGs are a better backup weapon.
>>
>>367431409
It depends. Does crafting your own laser/plasma/incendiary/cryoliquid/acid pistols count as mad scientist to you?
>>
>First playthrough was stealth + crossbows
>I didn't know what I was doing so I took the psy perk that reduces your HP and it was overall a mess but somehow made it through the game

>Now doing a heavy armor + assault rifle run

This shit feels so good, I just breezed through everything so far, I'm just past the Depot A.

Anything I should know about heavy armors?
>>
>>367431731
>Psi unarmed rapes the game, no need for ARs as backup. Also since unarmed uses dex pistols or SMGs are a better backup weapon.
True. It is possible to make the build he asked for, though. It just wouldn't necessarily be optimal
>>
>>367431565
>>367431621
i'm thinking about light armour, energy weapons, tech gadgets, drugs and medkits, a jack of all trades on the tech stats, except tailoring.
>>
>>367431684
Styg said early 2017.

Which means probably before the end of 2017, most likely before the end of 2018, and almost certainly in our lifetime.
>>
What happens if you kill Tanner early in the game?
>>
>>367431928
>light armor
>not taking tailoring
>>
i refunded underrail because i was confused about the controls in the beginning of the game, may pick it up at a later date though
>>
>>367431857
They slow you down.
>>
>>367431409
depends
energy pistols are crit pistols, like the bastard brother of the sniper rifle, they take a shitload of time to pickup but if you manage to make a decent plasma pistol you can one shot the final boss with it

electroshock > plasma > laser

chemical pistols are cc centered but have a decent damage and are really nice at all points of the game
because cc is always good

Incendiary > Acid Blob > Cryo
>>
File: e01818a698-1486711452681.png (405KB, 568x602px) Image search: [Google]
e01818a698-1486711452681.png
405KB, 568x602px
>>367432016
I also want to know
>>
>>367431619
>>367431715
>>367431731
Thanks for the input, I just figured I might want a gun for whatever reason. Probably just stick with an SMG or pistol if I feel the need then.
>>
>>367431857
>Anything I should know about heavy armors?
Keep your mechanics high.

Kill the Beast ASAP, get a good batch od super steel plates, enjoy OP armors.

Also Sprint is wonderful of high armor penalty builds, since it adds flat 30 MPs, 60 total after 2 turns.
>>
>>367432016
I'm not sure if it's even possible any more. Some guy went through a lot of shit to even accomplish it and the methods were later patched.
>>
File: combat shouts.png (7KB, 388x299px) Image search: [Google]
combat shouts.png
7KB, 388x299px
>>367429881
Good for him.

But what about Tanner? Azif? Eidein? If nothing else at least these three should have something. I mean, look at this. This is just ridiculous.
>>
>>367432016
>>367432139
He's immortal just like Rahm-Umbra.
>>
>>367432154
I don't recommend putting levels into guns if you already have unarmed and PSI
Keep in mind PSI has three different branches of skills soon to be four with the new DLC
>>
>>367432016
>>367432139
You can't. He is invulnerable to everyting.

He used to be killable with burning but Styg patched it. It wasn't supposed to be doable so I'm guessing it pretty much breaks the game, at least if you do it before talking about the Cube getting stolen.
>>
>>367431509
Spellgun works, I've run two. Spellpistol is not very good, there is just little reason to use a pistol over your psi, so it ends up redundant.

Spellstealthsniper on the other hand is very fucking powerful.
>>
File: 1461094473943.jpg (31KB, 304x301px) Image search: [Google]
1461094473943.jpg
31KB, 304x301px
>suffer from restartitis
>finally figure out what character I want to play
>start new game with the intention of finally finishing the game
>Expedition is announced a couple days later
Hurry up Styg, I wanna play.
>>
>>367432237
Tanner is just trying really hard to seem as ordinary as possible.
>>
>>367423493
probably the most accurate description of the game I've seen.

would like to add that the atmosphere of the game is great.

story and character depth (of your written character or any character you meet/encounter) is very very shallow unfortunately. I think this would be a tip-top-tier game if there had been more time spent on writing, but the gameplay more than makes up for its other major shortcomings.
>>
>>367432245
Is there any place where I can find an in-depth explanation of the story/lore? I beat the game but feel like I'm missing a lot
>>
>>367432510
>story and character depth (of your written character or any character you meet/encounter) is very very shallow unfortunately.

>I think this would be a tip-top-tier game if there had been more time spent on writing
Want to know how I know you either didn't play fo long or didn't pay any attention to all the info around you?
>>
>>367432504
yeah the fucking groucho marx disguise just screams 'normal guy'
>>
>>367432648
i bet he didn't even found the siphoner man
>>
>>367432529
Yeah. Design a mindreading device, travel to Serbia and kidnap Styg.

No but seriously, what do you want to know? Explaining everything would take ages because there are still many open mysteries.
>>
>>367432529
>Is there any place where I can find an in-depth explanation of the story/lore?
Official forums.
>>
>>367431337
It looks great, it's just so goddamn punitive to get. 10 Dexterity, 45 stealth, and 55 melee? I still didn't have the levels needed by the time I hit the Junkyard, at which point I only had my pathetic knife skills against mutants that loved ganging up and shoving my shit in. I only got through with a crapload of caltrop purchases and bottlenecks- but if I'm spending money on caltrops to get by, then why the hell am I playing melee at all? Because the whole idea was that I wouldn't be constantly blowing my dosh on ammo if I had melee proficiency.
>>
>>367432510
>story and character depth (of your written character or any character you meet/encounter) is very very shallow unfortunately. I think this would be a tip-top-tier game if there had been more time spent on writing, but the gameplay more than makes up for its other major shortcomings.
Nigger the game has top tier lore and tons of it.

The thing is almost none of it is told directly, there is no exposition dumps, you need to actually pay attention and piece all of it together to get the bigger picture.

Did you even find Oculus? Or become friendly to the Faceless?
>>
>>367432729
Where? I've only seen some theory threads with wild mass guessing on par with /v/ and /vg/.
>>
>>367432927
>there is no exposition dumps

I wouldn't really agree with that.
>>
>>367432425
>Spellstealthsniper on the other hand is very fucking powerful.
Sounds like my kinda thing, noice
>>
>>367429327
Yes, yes, game mechanics.

WHAT FUCKING GAME MECHANICS
WHAT
HOW
WHY
WHAT DOES THIS ALL HAVE TO DO WITH DIFFICULTY
>>
>>367432974
>I've only seen some theory threads with wild mass guessing on par with /v/ and /vg/
That's pretty much it. There is no dedicated source of all info in the game.
>>
>want to play it again
>realize my old save was on my last computer, can't find it
welp, guess I have to start from scratch. while I'm not concerned about picking the most meta abilities, is there anything absolutely useless I should stay away from putting points into?
>>
>>367432757
Get some bear traps and set them in doorways, you can just run in, stab, run out.
Knife builds take off once you get cheap shots, the feat is incredibly powerful and basically allows you to 1on1 anyone.
>>
>>367432529
Tanner wanted the cube, so he had it stolen from the Faceless. He sent the merchants to retrieve it, and they did.

Because of a tremor, they can't travel straight back through the train so they take a detour. Cornell and the acid gang follows them, kills the male and leaves the woman for dead.

Cornell then stops in Rail Crossing to sell the cube to the electronics guy, where they open it, causing the first faceless raid. Cornell like a dumb fucking idiot goes back to core city where he presumably opens the cube again, causing the Faceless invasion.

The faceless were created bi Biocopr, who went under, and the remnants of it founded the Tchort cult. Biocorp was also responsible for the mutations in Depot A. I don't remember why Tchort needed the cube.

That's all I remember.
>>
>>367432974
http://www.underrail.com/wiki

Doesn't this have anything?
>>
>>367432996
I don't recall any signifcant out-of-place exposition dumps and I played the game a lot. Most of info is presented in a really natural, organic way. I never felt like it's the writer just forcing me to read his shit.
>>
>>367433205
It has a lot, but not everything.
>>
>>367433124
Persuasion, and that's it really.
Intimidation is more useful as a skill since it has Yell.

Pistol builds are pretty bad but everything else is fine.
>>
>>367432996
It's really hard to call anything in Underrail an exposition dump.

Though if you've gone through the game blindly and meet Six for the first time in DC, that will probably feel like a forced exposition dump.
>>
I'm not good at games and just want waifu romances. this game for me?
>>
>>367433243
>>367433384
Yeah nevermind. I forgot the dump part implies that it feels unnatural.
>>
>>367433193
BioCorp is responsible for pretty much everything signifcant that ever happened in Underrail
>>
>>367433205
nah it's mostly gameplay stuff

there are quest walkthroughs but not much in-depth lore stuff
>>
>>367433193
Tchort wanted the cube to lure out Rahm Umbra.
>>
>>367433437
Considering they literally built the place, it makes sense.
>>
>>367433124
> is there anything absolutely useless I should stay away from putting points into?
Mercantile is pretty useless right now. Styg is trying to fix it but it's still a waste.

>>367433380
>Persuasion
>useless
Enoy missing out on lore, optimal solutions to quests and best endings.

>Pistol builds are pretty bad but everything else is fine.
They are probably the weakest overall, but I still finished the game with a non-crit pistol build on hard and it wasn't that bad.
>>
>>367433380
thanks. are psi builds really rough early on and for one should I put some points into agility or just focus on the psi stats?
>>
>>367432425
>Spellstealthsniper
How do you even handle the stat spread on that? My pure psi character went 16wil and my sniper went 16per and I felt like damage wouldn't have kept up if I spread myself out.
>>
>>367433606
>are psi builds really rough early on
A little, but they don't follow the same curve as D&D wizards. They start out medicore and end up OP.

>should I put some points into agility or just focus on the psi stats
Focus on psi.
>>
>>367432237
What happens if you kill Tanner?
>>
>>367431409
Check out the build by that slav on youtube. Its min maxed and one of the hardest ones to get tbrough depot A with because acid pistol is likely the only chemical pistol available then.

Youll want a crafted plasma pistol with the mod that increases its critical damage and youll be oneshotting everything. Elctro pistols, incendiary and acid are for group control(mad scientist and one of the fire perks will make so youre almost always setting people on fire or acid blobbing them). Cryo and energy pistols are irredeemable trash for how the build works effectively.

Also take throwing and as much crafting as you can. Youre feats might be spread and you might even want 6-7 strength for one specific feat. Its one of the more difficult builds to run but one I find very satisfying to play.
>>
>>367433193
You missed the best part of the story.

Many-many years ago Rahm-Umbra approached Azif, and made a very vague contract with him. The contract said that one day in the future, someone will contact Oculus with the request of getting an object stolen.

Azif did not want to get sliced to bits by Rahm-Umbra, so he agreed. Many years had passed, and Azif sort of forgot about the whole deal, when one day Tanner, using a fake name, contacted him. Azif instantly agreed without looking into anything, since this was part of his deal with Six.

They sent an oculite to infiltrate the Faceless and steal the object which turned out to be the Cube, and the agent succeeded. That point Rahm-Umbra showed up at Oculus feeling pretty fucking good that everything was going just according to keikaku.

And then the earthquake happened, and shit hit the fan. Oculus lost track of the Cube, Rahm-Umbra was so pissed he sliced an oculite in two, and Azif was starting to look into a way to quietly get the fuck out of Oculus and run for his life.

And then Tchort was a Leviathan.

So basically if we want to really simplify the story, Underrail is about two time traveling aliens trying to kill each other without each giving a single fuck about how much collateral damage they cause.
>>
>>367433386
No.
>>
File: 14c.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>367434050
>>
I just remembered that I was interested in this.

The only similar game I played is Shadowrun
>>
>>367433679
Not that guy, but you have to pick what Psi skills/abilities you want. You can't have them all as well as be a sniper. My favorite variation of that kind of build is a Thought Control Sniper. It's my favorite Psi skill and you get great abilities like Bioloaction and Neurovisual Disruption. I also put some points into Psychokinesis for Force Field and Electrokinetic Imprint.
>>
>>367433786
You can't. But if you could, you'd break the main quest, just like it happens if you aggro anyone at SGS before the very end of the game.
>>
File: underrail 2016-09-02 03-12-20-55.jpg (602KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
underrail 2016-09-02 03-12-20-55.jpg
602KB, 1920x1080px
>>367433386
This is your waifu for tonight.
>>
>>367434050
where do you get this from?
>>
>>367433386
Not really.
>>
>>367434209
Talk to Azif.
>>
File: 1318608392524.jpg (80KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1318608392524.jpg
80KB, 816x816px
>>367434050
>google Oculus
>mfw I realize I completely missed this in my first run
>>
>>367434359
Bullshit, Azif doesn't say anything about the first part. Tanner contacted them first.
>>
>>367433386
Run. Run away right now and don't look back.
>>
>>367433606
Pretty sure the agreed optimal stat spread for Psi is this:

Strength: 3
Dex: 3
Con: 5
Agility: 6
Perception: 3
Will: 10
Int: 7

Then go all in on Will. If you don't want to use stealth drop Agility to 3 and put it all in Con.
>>
>>367434449
Not easy to get in, you have to do all of Jack's questline 100% to the mark.

Only mistake I did was in a quest where you had to bust a guy out of prison. The correct method was to just get favor with the town and tell them to set him free, but I wanted to do it the fun way so I sneaked into the prison and helped him out.
>>
>>367434282
Bitches and whores. Can she get you if you're a female character?
>>
>>367434282
I want to replay the game as a psi user so bad and instagib her right there.
>>
>>367434818
>Can she get you if you're a female character?
nope
>>
which xp system is more balanced?
>>
>>367434987
oddity by far
>>
>>367434359
Well I'll be damned.

The theory that Tchort is the first leviathan from /vg/ turns out to be true all along.
>>
>>367433679
Well, it depends. You have to make some compromises. Personally I went all in with psi, but maxed Gun, picked Aimed Shot, Ambush, and Critical Power. I didn't have self-crafted rifles or Snipe, but I never needed them.
>>
>>367434987
No reason not to do oddity unless youve played through tbe game a few times already.
>>
>>367434987
Do oddity on a first run.
>>
>>367435128
Where are the proofs?
>>
>>367434050
>>367435128
What's a leviathan?

Haven't played, but I'm thinking about playing.
>>
>>367435128
Not necessarily the first, just one. And it was a /v/ theory.
>>
>>367435260
As the Anon said, speak to Azif. Now.
>>
>>367435381
>What's a leviathan?
>Haven't played
Anon this is like one of the biggest spoilers possible, you don't want to know it yet.
>>
>>367420716
I havent played this game yet and im lamenting on whether i should.

Does this game compare closer to lets say diablo ? Or divinity OS2 ? Or fallout 1/2 ?

Its been a while since i played turn based games.. is it one of those slower ones ?

(Imo age of decadence was painfully slow; divinity os2 is just about right and fallout were meh pretty good paced)
>>
>>367435498
It's really not.
>>
>>367434662
thanks family. is crafting worthwhile in this game? I do have high int now
>>
>>367435414
Are we talking about the same theory?

The theory I speak of is that Tchort eventually manages to take over the whole planet and proceeds to spread all over the galaxy, thus creating the race of leviathans that Godmen were at war with
>>
>>367435561
Similar to FO but with emphasis on combat and exploration.
>>
>>367435602
Crafting gets you the strongest gear.
>>
>>367435498
Leviathan is like an alien, right? Just tell me, dude.
>>
>>367435561
Also how "impactful" are my stats ? Does 4 int and 5 int make a difference ?
>>
File: Aztec warrior weapons 2.jpg (165KB, 1244x1746px) Image search: [Google]
Aztec warrior weapons 2.jpg
165KB, 1244x1746px
>>367420716

Can you break bones/dismember in Underrail?
>>
>still stuck in deep caverns after like 4 hours of dicking around
> tchortlings up the ass and i'm running out of bullets

send help
>>
>>367435419
I did, even after finishing the last Occulus quest. Azif didn't say what anon stated. If there is something that needs to be done in order to make Azif give you an answer, then I would ask you to tell me what.
>>
File: shield.png (239KB, 310x789px) Image search: [Google]
shield.png
239KB, 310x789px
>>367435602
>is crafting worthwhile in this game?
Very.

The general rule is, you can craft a much better version of literally everything with only a few exceptions.
>>
>>367435712
so max tailor and mechanic I guess? Ill figure it out
>>
>>367435602
Crafting is a must have for any good build
>>
>>367435724
Similar to dnd. 4-5 would be your 9-10 on ability scores.
>>
>>367435693
>emphasis

Meaning ? Exploration = great risk and reward ? If yes thats my kind of stuff

And what avout handholding In this game ?
>>
>>367435896
Meaning a lot of spelunking and no handholding.
>>
>>367435721
>Leviathan is like an alien, right?
Kinda.

>Just tell me, dude.
It's hard to explain if you didn't play the game. They are basically space monsters from the future. You only learn about them from a vision given to you by a giant crystal that acts as a mainframe of a strange alien construction, possibly a ship

>>367435757
Speak to him after returning from Deep Caverns.
>>
File: a tale of two cunts.png (652KB, 1125x571px) Image search: [Google]
a tale of two cunts.png
652KB, 1125x571px
>>367434518
Next time try to keep your eyes open while you read, friend. Six came first. And he got brutally outplayed by Tanner.
>>
>>367435872
Got it.. this game seems more interesting by the minute.. what aboit the story ? Is it interesting ? No spoilerino pls
>>
File: 1457354255623.jpg (185KB, 534x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1457354255623.jpg
185KB, 534x1236px
>Enemy is perfectly behind an open door so you literally can't attack him because clicking will always default to closing the door
>>
>>367436034
Thanks.. final question.

How viable is melee ? Maybe combined with high stealth ? Is there a godmode metabuild or everything is viable
>>
>>367420716
I've got this in my steam library but not played it yet, is it any good?
>>
>>367436137
>what is highlight/reverse highlight
>>
>>367436045
>Speak to him after returning from Deep Caverns.
Thank you
>>
>>367436137
great game you got there /v/
>>
>>367435798
Depends on your build. As a light armor psi user mechanics will only be good for disassembling stuff.
>>
>>367436064
Nice, this must've been added with the experimental patch. Good to know they're trying to plug the holes.
>>
Is there limb damage / targeting in this game ?
>>
>>367436073
>what aboit the story ? Is it interesting ?
Very, but there are no exposition dumps and almost nothing is told directly.

The game is full of information all around you, both secret and common, that you need to piece together to get the bigger picture. Some things that might not appear important at the moment might become very important alter as your understanding grows.
>>
>>367436064
Whoah. I had not seen that. I went through the dialog but it was different.
>>
>>367436228
Many builds are viable, including melee/stealth. Some are more powerful than others, obviously.
>>
Guys I'm gonna ask for some input.

I'm just getting into cRPG really, finished Shadowrun Dragonfall last year and I'm playing through Honk Kong now.

I really prefer these kind of atmosphere instead of fantasy.

How's UnderRail?

Sometimes while playing Shadowrun, even if I enjoy the writing, I find myself craving for more gameplay and less reading.
>>
>>367436064
Post the rest of the conversation.
>>
>>367435896
well the game does not have a map, only a compass, its up to the player to decide where to go and if he's ready
there's no level scaling and after the tutorial section of the game you're pretty much free to go wherever you want aside from 2 areas with good ingame reasons as to why you're banned
if you explore heavily you will often already have quest items stored away before you ever need them, has some funny dialog.

And exploration is most certainly worth it, the way the game's xp system works (do yourself a favor chose oddity system) you can level up to max level without engaging in combat if you just explore sufficient areas to find all the hidden shit in addition to finding the rare materials needed to craft your own superior gear and finding some neat uniques.

that said combat is fun so no need to skip it entirely
>>
>>367436569
Sounds like you should love Underrail.
>>
File: stop hanging out with that guy.png (239KB, 1107x207px) Image search: [Google]
stop hanging out with that guy.png
239KB, 1107x207px
>>367436412
Yep, it was. It kind of blew my mind when I found it.I was not expecting them to add answers, let alone such exhaustive answers. That whole conversation is pretty damn long.

The experimental patch also allows you to pester Azif about Six throughout the game, but until the end he will always shut you down in the most irritating way.
>>
>>367436424
No but there is a selection of special attacks.
>>
>>367436569
Underrail is a very much gameplay first sort of crpg
I must add it does come at the expense of character writing. There are no companions and the dialog trees tend to be less expansive than other games of the genre.

That said the worldbuilding and all writing related to it is more than up to par even if the game has a tendency to give you 5 questions for every answer
>>
>>367436629
It's long as fuck, just load up a save and see it for yourself.
>>
File: Aztec battleline.jpg (514KB, 1200x921px) Image search: [Google]
Aztec battleline.jpg
514KB, 1200x921px
>>367435737

Answer me pls. I'll post more comfy warriors.
>>
>>367435798
You'll want very high electronics and moderate biology in order to make psi headbands. You'll want some mechanics and tailoring in order to make psi beetle armor.
>>
>>367436657
I think i will dive into it... just gotta finish a few games befofehand.

Ty for your time

By any chance. There is no coop right ?

And how long is an avarage first playtrough
>>
>>367436907
I tried post-DC and didn't get any new dialog even with the experimental patch. Probably because I didn't talk to Six in Occulus.
>>
>>367436751
>>367436901
I'm gonna give it a shot and if I like it I'll buy it.

I never explored the genre and it feels so fucking comfy to play after a day at work.
>>
>>367435737
>Can you break bones
Yeah, mostly ribs with a sledgehammer.

>dismember in Underrail?
No.
>>
>>367437158
Took me about 100 hours but I wasn't in a hurry. No coop or even companions.
>>
>>367437158
indeed, the game is full on single player, no coop, no companions
this does not however make the game easier or less complex, its combat system is more than deep enough to outshine 95% of the genre

I'd say 20 to 30 hours should generally get you most of the experience in a single playthrough, though there is merit towards a second one
>>
>>367437172
Ah, okay then. I'll do it, but it'll take me some time. If the threads dies in the meantime, check /indie/ on /vg/, I'll post it there.
>>
>>367437230
something you can do is kick people in the nuts
its one of the gender disadvantages of being male: dirty kick stuns you twice as long

on the plus side you have the unique equipment "groin protector" and there's a quest only accessible (properly) to males
>>
>>367435772
never could craft a better unarmed weapon than power fist though
>>
>>367437505
>its one of the gender disadvantages of being male: dirty kick stuns you twice as long
It triggers me because it's not realistic.

Getting kicked between the legs is actually worse for women- while getting kicked in the balls hurts as fuck, if they hit you in the dick instead it's manageable. Getting kicked in the vagina hurts as fuck and there is nothing to protect it.
>>
>>367436064
Bullshit. You photoshopped this.
>>
>>367437686
It's one one of those exceptions. Unarmed unqiues in general are pretty damn good.

The other exception is CAU armor.
>>
>>367437757
its a balls joke, just roll with it
>>
>>367437437
Thanks man.
>>
>>367437765
He did not, I checked and that's currently in the game files - Azif's post-DC dialog branch about Six has been altered at some point in the last 4 or so patches.

Sneaky fuckers.
>>
>>367420716
I guess Fallout 1 and 2 spoiled me, but I must admit I was a bit disappointed with how there's no different death animations in the game.

Its understandable since sprite work needs a lot of time and expertise and the game was created by a handful of slavs but it was one of the things about the game that felt really lacking.
>>
>>367438294
well there's one way to get it
buy the game, buy the xpac and in doing so ensure they have a sufficiently large budget for the sequel
>>
>>367438481
I did buy the game, and finished it ages ago.
I don't think there are any plans for the sequel either.
>>
2999.msg15657
>>
>>367438650
>I don't think there are any plans for the sequel either.
Styg is not saying "yes" but he's not saying "no" either.

It really has everything needed for a sequel though. There is tons of things we don't know and North Underrail would be a perfect setting. The only problem is the level, but I wouldn't mind a bullshit explanation why we start from lvl 1 again. Gothic 2 did it and literally no one cared.
>>
how similar is this game to wasteland 2?
>>
>>367438887
North Underrail sounds boring to me desu, isn't it completely under Protectorate control? Sounds like a Fallout game set in NCR heartland.

It took him 7 years to make Underrail, I very much doubt he's going to want to take up a similar effort again.
>>
File: SPOILERS DON't OPEN.webm (3MB, 1340x368px) Image search: [Google]
SPOILERS DON't OPEN.webm
3MB, 1340x368px
>>367436629
>>367437765
>>
>>367439161
No, it's where drones and protectorate are duking it out.

I just want to see Hexagon and Dis.
>>
>>367439161
the cities and main railways are under their control, but there's also a very much active resistance and the caverns are controlled by nobody

also Tanner went there, he's going to stir shit up
>>
>>367439161
>North Underrail sounds boring to me desu, isn't it completely under Protectorate control? Sounds like a Fallout game set in NCR heartland.
It hasn't been long since Protectorate took over and shit basically hits the fan during the events of the game.

>It took him 7 years to make Underrail, I very much doubt he's going to want to take up a similar effort again.
They are a team of like 7 people now, the last guy was hired in march last year of I remember correctly. They never said they will just give up on video game development after Underrail expansion is done.
>>
>>367439179
This saves me some time, thanks man. Too bad you didn't have high enough Intelligence to get sucked dry by Azif.
>>
>>367439537
>Too bad you didn't have high enough Intelligence to get sucked dry by Azif.
I had 7, that's pretty high for a non-psi build.

What happens if you have more?
>>
Why Six
Why Hexagon

What is the significance of number 6?
>>
>>367439179
Thanks a lot. This is even better than the new stuff with the Faceless Commander and Caerus in general.
>>
File: almost but not quite confirmed.png (19KB, 842x201px) Image search: [Google]
almost but not quite confirmed.png
19KB, 842x201px
>>367438650
>>367439161
Well, you see...
>>
>>367439707
that is Of no concern to your mission
>>
>>367439179
thanks
>>
>>367439785
I hope the eventual alpha of Underrail 2 will be as fun as the original was.

These slow post-release polish patches aren't as fun as continuing the game world and plot every 3 months.
>>
>>367439782
>tfw you still can't talk with Dude about DC stuff
Feels bad.

>>367439707
Six is an important number, man.
>>
File: aw yeah, don't stop.png (309KB, 1116x365px) Image search: [Google]
aw yeah, don't stop.png
309KB, 1116x365px
>>367439658
Like I said, Azif sucks you dry. Just before you start gazing into beautiful, beautiful eyes.
>>
>>367440307
Huh? You can. Go re-read the caerus logs in the current version and return to him.
>>
Games funny you can cast spell on heavy hitters with guns where they cant shoot you. Feel like neo from matrix.
>>
man psi and high con is a lot easier than whatever I fucked up last time
>>
>>367440486
You can't really. You just make him cry then drink another 50 bottles of brew. You asshole.
>>
>>367440518
Psi with stealth is even more easy.
>needing CON when your enemies can't even get a single turn before they die
>>
>>367440645
That's what you get with dude. Cheers!
>>
File: 20170214153256_1.jpg (153KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170214153256_1.jpg
153KB, 1360x768px
>>367440486
Goddamn it that's not triggering either.
>>
>>367440486
>>367440854
So what triggers it?

It's a long walk from DC to Dude, not to mention reading all the logs.
>>
>>367440854
It's not triggering because you don't have the flags, since they didn't exist before the patch. Just go back to Caerus, reread the mails, then try again. But please, just do it, don't check the game files for this one.
>>
>>367440967
What >>367440992 said.
>>
>enemy is covered by wall next to him
>can't target
>>
>>367440992
But I don't want to kill Tchort again.
>>
>>367441120
Press Tab.
>>
>>367441239
I did. I click on him and nothing happens
>>
>>367441214
nigga why the fuck would you have to do that

just load your old save, take a trip to caerus and read the logs again
>>
>>367441214
You don't have a post-Tchort save? It doesn't matter if you've read the mails before, you don't have to replay DC just read the mails again.
>>
>>367441254
In that case you need to go on a pixel hunt to find that tiny bit that isn't covered.

Shit sucks, I know.
>>
>>367441324
You can go back to the DC whenever you want?
>>
>>367441254
If tab doesn't work try Z. Either highlight or reverse highlight will always let you target what you want.
>>
>>367441585
Of course. Why not?
>>
>>367441107
>reach the residental block
>it's not powered
Fuck that, I'm not going all the way to Arke. I will replay the whole game once the Expedition comes out anyways.
>>
>>367441821
Maybe that's for the best.
>>
>>367441740
I don't really remember where the elevator is.

I'll just dick around in the DC since Tchort is easier than I remember.
>>
>>367441585
Sure you can. The elevator is operational.
>>
>>367441956
It's literally right next to SGS.

Alternatively you could go to Hanging Rat and jump down. It worked for Barry.
>>
>>367441895
That's what 484 hours playing does to you.

I'm afraid I will get burned out for good after next playthrough. I hope Styg takes his sweet time.
>>
>>367442097
I had to physically stop myself from playing this game so I wouldn't get burnt out before the expansion comes out.
>>
File: 1466109967644.jpg (102KB, 746x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466109967644.jpg
102KB, 746x500px
>playing 2d Metro

Just look at how the games fucking description starts:

>Underrail is an old school turn-based isometric indie role playing game

Can you throw in any more meaningless buzzwords to make your shit game sound like it has substance? "Isometric" what the fuck does that even mean. At least it's

old school XDD so it was made for real gamers like you guys
>>
>>367442097
>>367442352
I know that feeling more than anyone. I think you'll like what is to come.
>>
>>367442352
So this is why you are not out there looking for that goddamn mutant with the rest of us? Damn it. man. I put all my faith in you.
>>
>>367442541
(You)
>>
>>367442859
Not that Anon but I can confirm dealing inordinate amount of acid damage to two mutants standing next to each other has no effect.

No idea about muties though, all are dead is my save.
>>
>>367442541

I know right, its not even isometric it's barely trimetric
>>
I'm still surprised how often the "I'M THE INVICTUS" option popped up during conversations. What happens if you have enough hacking to bypass the BSOD when rebooting IRIS?
>>
Someone give me a quick rundown on Ezra. Was he merely pretending?
>>
>>367442989
Good to know, that's one more thing to cross out from the list. By now I'm having trouble even coming up with more insane ideas.
>>
>>367439161
>It took him 7 years to make Underrail, I very much doubt he's going to want to take up a similar effort again.
Most of that time was spent on developing the game engine and development tools alone. Most of the game content was made in 3 years by a team of 3.

No doubt they would use the same engine and tools for Underrail 2.
>>
>>367443148
Huh? It's normal pixel-based isometric, which means it's technically dimetric because pixels don't align perfectly in 120 deg angles.

Axonometric regardless. Hell, most people call even Fallout isometric.
>>
File: DpQ9YJl.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
DpQ9YJl.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>367443591
Fallout is cavalier oblique.

https://thiscageisworms.com/2012/04/09/tim-cains-gdc-2012-talk-fallout/
>>
How often does the store vendors refresh their inventory? I need to sell alot of shit
>>
>>367443865
90 minutes.
>>
>>367443835
Isn't oblique whatever trimetric by definition?
>>
Oh kek, I see it's still possible to unlock the conversation with Dude just by rereading one mail again and again. I mean, it's not a big dea, since why would you? But I think it's only supposed to unlock once you've reached the value that matches the number of mails that change this flag, and I guess it's possible that someone won't be able to unlock every room and whatever.

So, like, just sayin'.
>>
>>367420716
Buy my extra copy of Underrail you fuck
>>
>>367443305
>BioCorp bows to Ezra
>In contact with Godmen
>Possess psi abilities
>Control SGS with an iron but fair fist
>Own stations & banks in whole Underrail
>Direct descendant of the ancient royal blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities on the surface (Ezragrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities in Underrail
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be Ezra babies
>Said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence in Underrail has only existed deep in Faceless town & Deep Caverns
>Ancient scriptures tell of two faceless who will descend upon Underrail and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>He owns psi research labs around the Underrail
>You likely have Ezra psi powers inside you right now
>Ezra is in regular communication with the two Godmen Six and Tanner, forwarding the truth to the Protectorate. Who do you think set up the meeting between the Godmen & the Protectorate high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Protectorate leader’s first trip to South Underrail in history literally a few days later to the Ezra room in SGS
>He learned fluent mind control in under a week
>Stations entrust their uper steel reserves with the Ezra. There’s no super steel in Foundry, only Ezra room
>Ezra is about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.
>>
File: 1470740807483.gif (990KB, 500x408px) Image search: [Google]
1470740807483.gif
990KB, 500x408px
i didn't really like wasteland 2, but love fallout 1 and 2

will i like underrail?
>>
>>367445450
Who knows. Maybe.
>>
>>367445450
Which Fallout did you like more?
>>
>>367443256
More lore dumps.
>>
>>367445604
i liked 1's tone more, but i liked 2's better gameplay/more fleshed out mechanics
>>
>>367445825
Your sound like a good guy.

You should like Underrail.
>>
>>367445450
Probably.
>>
File: pig.png (231KB, 301x638px) Image search: [Google]
pig.png
231KB, 301x638px
Fuck dodge/evasion, too much of a skill point sink for too little benefit with dimishing returns.

Energy shield+HP bonuses is where it's at.
>>
>>367447119
Yeah, I know some people swear by dodge/evasion, but I refuse to give up hacking/lockpicking for it.
>>
>>367447318
Why not both?
>>
>>367447689
Points are already spread too thin, especially if you dabble in psi as well.
>>
>>367447119
>dimishing returns
I don't think there are any of those in Underrail. HP formula has increasing returns though, but most formulas are linear.
>>
>>367432757

If you have tailor, you can go northwest of the junkyard to this big lake that you can find siphoners at. If you can kill one and get it's skin, you can craft it into armor that gives you acid resistance, making the mutants and mutant dogs easier to deal with.

>>367435742

Head east to where the faceless hang out and Thort can't mindrape you. There will be a ton of shelves with all sorts of goodies.

>>367443256

Next time I play, I think I'll just wander the underrail, talking to as little people as possible until I can become invictus and tell everyone I find that I'm the Invictus.
>>
>>367447689
Where are you going to get the skill points from?

Dodge/evasion need to be maxed or at least close to maxed every level to be of any use. That means you have to give up 2 other skills, that's a really big sacrifice.

The benefit is underwhelming at best. Early game dodge/evasion doesn't help much because the numbers are just too low, even if your dodge/evasion beats the attacker weapon skills it's still to decrease the base 70%.

Mid/late game it's good enough ot make common enemies miss most of the time, but my main gripes are:

1. The skill point cost, but I already talked about it.

2. It's unreliable. Eventually the enemy will get lucky and hit when you really don't want to be hit. You can't rely on it, it's never a given.

3. It's not as effective against truly dangerous enemies where it's needed the most. The prime example is Carnifex, dude is so OP he will hit you regardless. Less frequently, yes, but it's not much of a help, at least not compared to other options.

The other example is psi users. They don't give a fuck about your dodge/evasion because psi always hits (except for metathermics, but they are not that much of a danger anyways).

4.A lot of stuff fucks with your dodge/evasion.

Armor penalty, especially if you consider you need to stay at or below 15% to get the Nimble bonus.

Goggles decrease dodge by 25% and they are pretty much necesarry on many builds.

Off-balance and any kind of stun/incapacitation reduce your dodge/evasion to 0. They need to actually hit first yeah, but the thing is you need your defenses the most precisely when unable to act. You will eventually get stunned/incapacitated and when it happens you are fucked.

Crafting on the other hand offer the same amount of defense at the very least, if not more, while also costing less points overall and offering more than just defense, like special bonuses, weapons, gadgets etc.

It's just not a very good deal.
>>
>>367448394
The thing is dodge/evasion caps at 60% reduction and straight up stops working after that. You can achieve like 1000+ evasion with evasive maneuvers, but it doesn't matter because enemies wil lalways have at least 10% chance to hit.

I have to admit though, Uncanny Dodge is extremaly good. It's good because it works nothing like actual dodge skill, it's reliable and will always make you dodge an x amount of melee attacks.
>>
>>367435742
Oh for fu-
Anon, listen here. See the ugly tentacle vagina next to your portrait? That is why the Tchortlings are trying to gang rape you. Get rid of that vagina and make sure it doesn't come back.
>>
So the lesson to be learned form the Azif revelation is that Tanner dindu nuffin, he a good boy.
>>
>>367450318
How?

It's more like Six simply knew what his plans were and used this to lure him out of hiding
>>
File: 1486246567293.jpg (57KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1486246567293.jpg
57KB, 421x421px
>>367450318
>tfw fucked up my first build in the end game by wasting points on crossbow and not having enough biology for reliable regen in the deep caverns
>cheated to beat tchort because I wasn't going to waste another 40 hours on another build
Forgive me
>>
>>367450604
Six did much more than that. He made sure these things would happen. He basically ordered Azif to start the conflict that lead to the Faceless invasion. I wonder when did Tanner realize what was going on. Did he know it since the beginning? Or did he catch on later?
>>
>>367430040
Maybe shotguns could have both slugs and spread shells. It would be interesting to have as an adaptive weapon, possibly with some perk that lets you change ammo with reduced or no AP usage.
>>
>>367451104
The ammo belt already exists.

Too bad it's fucking random and only showed up in the shops right before I was going to the DC with an AR character.
>>
>>367451373
>Too bad it's fucking random and only showed up in the shops right before I was going to the DC with an AR character.
It spawns in every common goods store and as loot.

It's more likely you were not paying attention, the chance of it never spawning are quite low.
>>
>>367450704
Well hey, at least you finished the game instead of bitching about DC 24/7. And it's a single-player game, so if you want to cheat, that's your business. But next time do it right. It'll feel better.
>>
>>367451642
I was specifically keeping an eye out for it.
>>
>>367450995
>I wonder when did Tanner realize what was going on. Did he know it since the beginning? Or did he catch on later?
He most likely catched on when you were in DC. Otherwise, why would he disappear so suddenly? Especially considering he was so close to finally getting the cube.
>>
File: duibls.jpg (54KB, 525x443px) Image search: [Google]
duibls.jpg
54KB, 525x443px
How the fuck do i kill this fucker?
>>
>>367451649
I'm the guy doing the Sniper build up here >>367430225
I wanted to go SMG for the Spec ops and commando perk but pistols is the way to go apparently
Might go SMG anyway but I'll sit on it a bit since I'm busy with school until tuesday
>>
>>367452375
mind powers nigga
>>
>>367452375
Mind bullets.

>dopplegangers persist after you kill the caster

This is bullshit.
>>
>>367452375
If you're not a psionic then stay in the light.
>>
I think Underrail could work as a runescape-like mmo
>>
>>367452208
No, it had to be earlier. He must be the one behind the earthquake, the timing of it is just too good to be a coincidence.
>>
>no modding tools to be made available
>devs insistent on not releasing the source code

rip longevity, there will never be user made quests, characters, locations, total conversions or anything of the sort that Fallout 2 has.
>>
>>367452375
Can only be killed with mind control damage.

If you don't have psi, your only option is to run away until it disappears.

It won't spawn if you stay in the light or kill the caster first though, so do that.
>>
>>367452572
NO.
>>
>>367452643
The thing is the earthquake is the sole thing that prevented him from getting the Cube in the first place, so why would he?
>>
>>367452754
Yeah, I'm sure Underrail could surely get a modder base equal to an AAA franchise with its community of what, 20k players? Besides, many years have passed since the first alpha, and we are still going strong.
>>
>>367452572
The combat is not balanced around player vs player.

It would boil down to who gets a better initative roll and kills the other in single turn.

>>367452754
Maybe they will once they actually stop making content for it. For now I'd prefer them to keep making content.
>>
>>367449228
Wait a second here, not that anon. I breeezed through the dark caves because I had stealth up my ass and avoided all tchortlings, but can you actually get rid of the eye of tchort status? And I'm not talking about the soliloquy skill that you get from the mad man, even with that you still get it.
>>
>>367453041
Each area has a sewer pit you can hide in.
>>
>>367452983
I could imagine the people who were enthusiastic enough about Fallout 2 to make mods for it also loved Underrail.
>Yeah, I'm sure Underrail could surely get a modder base equal to an AAA franchise with its community of what, 20k players?

Who said it should be as big? But there could still be lots of valuable contributions.
>>
>>367452885
Who knows. Maybe he too wanted to make sure Tchort would be destroyed. They are ayys into 5D chess, there must be some serious 'I know that he knows that I know that he knows that I will" going on behind the scenes.

But that earthquake was not a coincidence, and we know know that it couldn't have been Six.
>>
>>367453041
>Wait a second here, not that anon. I breeezed through the dark caves because I had stealth up my ass and avoided all tchortlings
You actually just slowed yourself down that way. I beat it with stealth the first time as well, but on all subsequent runs I just avoided the debuff and it's much, much quicker that way.

>can you actually get rid of the eye of tchort status?
There is a hatch on every map that has the debuff (and one building in the Tchortist camp) where the debuff doesn't apply.

Just hop in when it approaches 20 stacks, wait 5 seconds, get out. You don't need to fight a single tchortling that way, except those during the final fight and Detritus
>>
>>367427859
Nothing.
You're the only one to blame for getting too close to the fumes in the Gas the Kikes mission. Enjoy being a filthy mutie now
>>
>>367453298
>But that earthquake was not a coincidence, and we know know that it couldn't have been Six.
I could have been faceless who found out the cube has been stolen.

I know that Harold tells you it couldn't be the faceless and that Tanner's room used to eat suspiciously large amount of energy before he disappeared. But who says Harold is right or that the energy had anything to do with the earthquake?
>>
>>367452983
>Fallout 2
>AAA

lel
>>
>>367453586
We don't know, especially not about the energy. However we do know the earthquake happened weeks, if not months before the Faceless invasion began. About 5 minutes after the Bakers gave Tanner a call.
>>
>>367436064
Who's this douchebag?
>>
>>367453561
I don't think you understand the issue anon is talking about there.
>>
>>367454064

Guy from Oculus. Can only find him if you do the quests for Jack Quicksilver and that weirdo in front of the restaurant in Junkyard.
>>
>>367454064
No one important. Just forget about ever seeing him and carry on with your life.
>>
Real talk: Who's the occulite that managed to stole the Cube?

The guy managed to:

Infiltrate the Insitiute

Take the elevator down to Deep Caverns

Survive in Deep Caverns

Find the Facless

Find their city

Most important of all he managed to:

Infiltrate the city he never even knew existed until recently

Locate the item without even knowing what exactly he's looking for (the only thing he knew is that he's looking for a powerful power source, but it was up to him to determine what is going to be good enough)

Steal an item so important that faceless turned the whole South Underrail upside down and started a war to find it

Exit the city and transfer the Cube to another occulite

They guy is a legit superhero, all of this arguably trumps the achievements of PC himself. Yeah, the PC killed Tchort and became the Invictus, but is really better than what that occulite pulled off?
>>
File: nope, not gay at all.png (746KB, 1090x678px) Image search: [Google]
nope, not gay at all.png
746KB, 1090x678px
>>367454064
The man with the prettiest eyes in Underrail.
>>
>>367455086
Yeah, dude is a legend. My first instinct was to check the Tchortist timeline for any unusual death mentioned in year 99, but nothing. So I guess we can only wait until we get some more information about him.

Please let us visit the city. Please let us visit the city. Please let us visit the city.
>>
So, who is Tchort? Is he an alien or some sort of machine made by scientists?
>>
>>367455490

If you talk to the faceless commander he says that Tchort is: A bunch of biocorp scientists the faceless tossed into a vat of mutagen when the faceless broke free of Biocorp's control and took revenge on the scientists who were experimenting on them.
>>
>>367455490
He's a collective intelligence of all BioCorp scientist that were thrown into the mutagen Crucible by the Faceless (who were their creations) during their revolt.
>>
>>367455654
Then why are people ITT talking about how he's a Leviathan?
>>
>>367455891

Maybe that's how leviathans are made.
>>
>>367455891
Because Tchort is a Leviathan. Well, more like a Leviathan embryo, really. He would have become one had the chosen one snowflake player not ground it into dust.
>>
OP here. Nice to have a huge thread, I hope you all have been having a good time! Me and my buddies black eels now control junkyard! Next step is to go inside the vault in gms compound.
>>
>>367455891
Because it's implied Tchort will eventually consume all the biomass in Underrail and later the whole planet, only to start spreading its influence on other planets as well.

It's not that he's just one of the leviathans, it's that he might be the very first baby leviathan
>>
>>367456005
>>367456094
But if Leviathans float around space, then how is one magically made by throwing a bunch of scientists into mutagen?
>>
>>367456282
If humans reproduce by puttting a penis into a vagina, how is the first one magically made?
>>
>>367456236
So it's like an Interstellar explanation? Leviathans are floating around because that's in the future, but MC killed the first Leviathan, so the future MC sees won't happen? MC saves the universe?
>>
>>367456236
I don't think it's anything that drastic. I doubt we just prevented the entire space war from happening, hell, it may have already happened. The implications for Tchort being a Leviathan are more serious for the player, as in "maybe Six is not interested in who you are now, but who you will become".
>>
>>367456495
Maybe, it's just a theory, but a plausible one.

Six doesn't seem to care about time, all he cares about are events and that some events might prevent the others from happening.

>>367456684
I've been thinking if PC isn't going to become the first Godman or something like that, even before the new Azif dialogue.
>>
>>367456189
Thanks for the thread, OP. It's nice to come back to /v/ every once in a while. But feel free to join us in /indie/ if you feel like talking about the game once this thread is gone.

So who did you team up with for the raid?
>>
>>367456684
What do you mean?
>>
>>367456903
>Godman
The new dialogue confirmed that the singular of Godmen is Godmen.

But yeah. The first? The last? Or maybe the third? Timefuckery, not even once.
>>
>>367456984
You're welcome. I teamed up with Protectorate since my bro's at sgs didn't wanna join :(
>>
>>367457119
Well, I mean, there already was a space war, when the surface was destroyed. Whether it's this space war, or another one, who even knows?
>>
Any point to going all the way with lockpicking/hacking? I remember the lategame having some 130 requirements but I don't remember if it had anything worthwhile and unique locked behind those.
>>
>>367455086
The Oculite is the PC on the second expansion where he goes back in time to steal the cube so the events of underrail can happen
>>
>>367457448
No, I mean "but who you will become"
>>
>>367457448
>there already was a space war, when the surface was destroyed
How did you made the connection?
>>
>>367457598
I wouldn't even be surprised to be honest. The PC seems to be the only person capable of doing that.

Also, it would be a nice homage to Star Trek/ Fallout 2 easter egg.
>>
File: 1484966265520.jpg (52KB, 360x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484966265520.jpg
52KB, 360x400px
>>367450704
>Have a mid tier crossbow build against tchort
>Don't stand a chance against the tentacles and can't take out the mutagen tanks either, doing only 50 damage to them per turn
>Figure out TNT would help
>flip the entire DC upside down looking for TNT, finally manage to get my hands on the last 3 charges available
>Desperately trying to figure out how to take down the last tank
>End up setting about 10 mines right in front of it and going ALLAHU ACKBAR stepping on them
>Dashing like a madman from one safe house to the other
>After 50 attempts manage to get a perfect trying taking down the tentacles and zapping tchort to death with shock bolts

Felt so fucking good. I legit thought my build was done for and I wouldn't be able to do it.
>>
File: phase gun.png (19KB, 409x508px) Image search: [Google]
phase gun.png
19KB, 409x508px
>>367457626
Because Styg said that the surface wasn't destroyed in a nuclear war or anything like that, and that it has to do that it was early space age on the surface before the apocalypse.

Also this thing, this is the most wonderful piece of lore. Underrail is old, but not that old. If there were ever entire cities surrounded with force fields and giant laser cannons firing at them, it had to be on the surface. You can't even pull off a siege like that inside a cumminity built into caverns and tunnels.
>>
How does this game compare with Age of Decadence in terms of crazy lore? And in terms of gameplay.
>>
How's PSI (PSY?) in this game? I'm considering picking it up and I think PSI powers are cool as hell.
>>
>>367452375
Stay near the lights, don't pick the mindshrooms. If you can't kill him, I'll assume you're not using psi, so AVOID THE FUCKING CAVE.
>>
>>367458175
Better gameplay, although I really love all the targeting options AoD gives in combat. But Underrail gives you much more gameplay freedom.

Both have crazy lore. But Underrail's is still getting expanded upon, so...
>>
>>367457968
Don't forget about the medallion received from the Faceless Commander. That's probably the key to it all.
>>
File: Tch_f_l.png (10KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Tch_f_l.png
10KB, 100x100px
Praepostor Amelia is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>367457620
Oh, derp, my bad. It's what >>367456903 said, that the player is, was, or will become a Godmen. Godmen and Leviathan are eternal foes. And Six said it was your event to kill Tchort. And if Tchort is a baby Leviathan, well...
>>
>>367458787
Nah, Amelia is pretty as fuck. The cute one is Efreitor Hanna.
>>
>>367458603
Fuck, this would makes perfect sense.

>return the Cube to Faceless
>get the medallion, clearly a symbol of friendship
>go back in time
>have no problems with infiltrating their city since you have the medallion that makes them consider you a trustworthy friend
The only problem is you are not guranteed to get the medallion.
>>
>>367457354
If you were a bit more patient, you could have got SGS on board. But oh well.
>>
>>367459059
It always requires a persuasion check, at least it used to.

I checked all the responses, both with Gorsky present and not, in all cases persuasion was needed.
>>
>>367459059
>If you were a bit more patient, you could have got SGS on board. But oh well.

I thought having 30 persuasion at the Junkyard quest was the only way to get SGS to go pro-protectorate? Or did they add a new way in an update?
>>
>>367458220
You can never go wrong with Psi. And actually, you need Psi to get the most out of the story.
>>
>>367458091
>legend has it
In Underrail bear is considered a mythical creature.

I wouldn't trust the legends very much.
>>
>>367458938
It's not like you're guaranteed to join Occulus either. I'd argue that anyone savvy enough to find it is more than likely going to be friendly with the Faceless.
>>
>>367459282
>Or did they add a new way in an update?
I hope not.

It's one of the things that actually makes persuasion worth it.
>>
>>367459298
Sweet. I'll go with that then.
>>
File: 1349674208907.jpg (45KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1349674208907.jpg
45KB, 240x240px
>Pushed the drunk guy off the bridge
>Now someone's telling me there was a way to go around
>>
>>367459485
There was.

You can also run past him if you eneter combat and have a fuck ton of AP/MP.
>>
>>367459334
But anon, bears really did exist. It just proves that things related to the surface are now considered legends.
>>
>>367459219
>>367459282
I don't know if it was a change, but nope. Persuasion is not required. After Junkyard they will agree if you pick the "I'll leave the politics to you" option, which is not a Persuasion check.
>>
File: 1481238343634.gif (959KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
1481238343634.gif
959KB, 400x228px
>>367442541
>>
>>367459429
That would also explain why Oculus lost all the contact with the occulite and soon as he transfered the Cube. If it was the PC, he probably went back to the present.

It's too perfect.
>>
>>367459738

By "after Junkyard" do you mean after getting that circuit board doodad you need to clear the rocks and make the trains operational?
>>
>>367459882
Hand in circuit board, and get teleported to your room. That's all.
>>
>>367459738
I have no means of checking, but it definetly wasn't that way before.

Are you sure you didn't have 30 persuasion? It's not much later in the game.
>>
>>367460054
Absolutely certain. I have a save right before handing in that quest with 0 Persuasion. Do the meeting before handing in, they won't agree. But if I hand in the drill part first, it does.
>>
>>367460434
That's pretty dissapointing, as it makes persuasion even less useful when it wasn't that useful to begin with.
>>
If Tanner doesn't become the trainer for Temporal Manipulation I'm going to have a fit.
>>
>>367460947
You have to get the timing right, and correctly predict the one option that allows you to get their support. Yeah, it's a little disappointing, but unless you look up a walkthrough passing the Persuasion check is the safer option. You only get one shot at this after all.
>>
>>367461175
It's probably going to be someone else, although I'd love if it was Tanner. But eh, new characters are fun. I wouldn't mind a new addition to SGS. We can never have enough crazy ex-whatever people.
>>
>>367461175
>implying he would teach you fucking time manipulation when he tries to pass off as a normal guy
Teaching time manipulation is the last thing you want to do when you want to appear normal.
>>
>>367461471
Come on, boss. No one needs to know. It'll stay between us, promise. We'll be subtle about it like Ezra.
>>
>>367461471
I just can't wait to use time manipulation on Six. He is going to lose his shit.
>>
FUCK THIS GAME, DAMN, IT'S THE FIFTH TIME I STARTED THIS GAME, AND AGAIN I GOT FUCKING RAPED IN THE DEPO A, FUCK THIS SHIT, I OUT, FUUCK,
>>
>>367461853
Tell us about your build. I'm sure we can help.
>>
>>367461848
All the temporal manipulation abilites look like paltry cantrips compared to what Six can pull off.
>>
>>367461853
Cmon, man, even in my first run I had no idea what I was doing and I got through Depot A. Sure, I cheesed a bit, bit you can do it too.
>>
>>367461972
Full psi, all 3 psi hability max, no tech stuff leved. Hack and picklocking max too.
>>
>>367462136
It's not like you can do even a fraction of what some high power level characters can do with Thought Control either, yet still you can be good enough to piss off Six enough with it to try to skewer you unless you give up and submit like a good boy. It would be a fun dialogue option to try and get the fuck out by freezing time or something.
>>
>>367422437
it has no map
>>
>>367462435
> It would be a fun dialogue option to try and get the fuck out by freezing time or something.
>freezing time
Temporal manipulation doesn't seem to be D&D stop time levels of time manipulation, just slight changes like making yourself little faster, making a single enemy a little slower or taking a peak into what happens a fraction of a second later in the future.

I actually like that, as time manipulation usually tends to be too strong in vidya.
>>
Has the guy who wanted to decompile underrail gone mad yet?
>>
>>367462351

Invest in trailoring and mechanics. You can make armor that lets you shrug off the acid attacks.

Also, side with the Black Eels, if you use their secret enterance, will will wind up in a part of Junkyard that has a computer that can be hacked to turn off all the autoturrents in Junkyard, leaving only mutants and robots (which can be sneaked by) to fight.
>>
>>367462351
Full psi shouldn't struggle with Depot A. It would be good if you had some Tailoring, but nevermind. If you don't feel you can handle the combat, use the vents to get to the map with a lone mutant with his dogs, lockpick the door to the south, grab the drill part, then leave the way you came. You can come back and explore the rest if you wish later.

Don't forget that dogs can't open doors, only humanoids. So if you freeze, stun, or whatever the mutant first, the dogs will come at you and block the door, so the mutant won't be able to open it.
>>
>>367462682
That's what the spells do. But you are not using your actual spells when you do Thought Control skill checks. You mindread, you resist mental pressure, you communicate with rocks, and so on. A time manipulation dialogue check wouldn't have to completely correspond to the abilities either.
>>
File: 1485526322582.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1485526322582.png
7KB, 112x112px
>>367462351
>no tech stuff leved
>>
>>367463290
Almost said that it was fine early game until I remembered that it's also the number one source of money.
>>
>>367463290
I don't see the point ot level up skill to make armor and such, I just get the money and buy armor and stuff.

And, what happen to the surface? What make people go underground? and who the hell are the "godmen"
>>
File: 20170121180951_1.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170121180951_1.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
You can't be serious.
>>
>>367463527
The stuff you can craft is infinitely superior to shit you can buy.
>>
>>367463527
>And, what happen to the surface? What make people go underground? and who the hell are the "godmen"

You shouldn't read spoilers. Just take it slow and play the game.
>>
Okay, I'm level 22 and I just got into the Tchortist institute and I'm curious how retarded I am.

Is Carnifex meant to be ridiculously difficult? Because he just fucking shreds me in two turns. I can get one burst on him before I die and most of the shots end up missing anyway.

Are you supposed to be able to actually run past all the Free Drones in the final protectorate quest? Because I tried that and got stunned and frozen to oblivion every time, so I just gave up and killed them all before setting off the gas. God that was a long fucking fight.

Is there some way of speeding up merchant restocking? Because having to wait 90 minutes to sell shit or to find decent quality materials is fucking killing me.

If anyone's curious, my stats are:

Strength - 8
Dexterity - 3
Agility - 3
Constitution - 9
Perception - 15
Will - 3
Intelligence - 4

Been using metal armor and assault rifles and all my skill points are in guns, throwing, hacking, lockpicking, mechanics, electronics, tailoring, and persuasion.
>>
>>367463730
Reading spoilers without any context adds to the mystery.
>>
>>367463678
Were you really expecting anything else?
>>
>>367463836
You're doing pretty fine overall. Throwing is a little wasted without the biology/chemistry to make your own grenades, but that's no big deal. What perks do you have?

Carnifex is supposed to be that tough. Cross your fingers and hope you kill a camera to proc Commando for an extra burst.
>>
File: 20170122023148_1.jpg (182KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170122023148_1.jpg
182KB, 1920x1080px
Brawn and Brain buddy adventures with Ezra when?
>>
How would the Faceless react if you told them about the shit Six pulled? They seem to really respect the guy, but I'm not sure this would go over that well.
>>
>>367461471
Tanner is already a legend in SGS. No one there considers him normal. They just respect each other's privacy.
>>
>>367464135
Conditioning
Expertise
Fast Metabolism
Juggernaut
Opportunist
Pack Rathound
Paranoia
Suppressive Fire
Survival Instincts
Full Auto
Rapid Fire
Concentrated Fire
Commando

Right now I've got a Rapid Compensated 7.62mm Hornet.
>>
>>367464460
You have no idea how much money I would be willing to pay for this. Hell, let's expand the party. Buddy adventures with Ezra, Dude, and Abram.
>>
So is Eidein implied to be alive or did the Faceless grab his corpse?

>>367464527
What do you mean? Six never did anything antagonistic to them.
>>
>>367463836
>Is Carnifex meant to be ridiculously difficult?
He's the Invictus, actually he is a retired Invictus who killed the last Invictus in his changing room right before the fight and came back from retirement only to experience a good fight one last time.

What did you expect?
>>
>>367464747
The latter.
>>
>>367464567
Being a legend in one thing, being a time-manipulating legend is a little over the line.
>>
>>367439179
>It is clear that our mutual friend saw something in you that deemed you worthy of his -rather stingy all things considered- words.
>rather stingy all things considered
TELL ME ABOUT IT
>>
>>367464914
The good thing about time manipulation is that no one needs to know it happened.
>>
>>367464813
Well, I didn't expect the difficulty curve to have a god damn asymptote. The previous enemies were complete jokes in comparison.
>>
>>367464608
Paranoia and maybe Survival Instincts are the only bad feats you have. You're doing fine.

Grab a Chimera and slap an anatomically aware scope on it for that sweet 165% crit damage.
>>
Any way to make noise other than throwing nades? I love to set up traps and luring everyone out with a bang, but sometimes it makes me feel there should be a more efficient way.
>>
>>367465121
>Paranoia
>bad feat
Shit is great on builds that can get their initative to around 30 with it or those that don't use stealth.
>>
>>367426767
Wait for it to go on a sale or bundle?
>>
>>367465150
Sure. I usually leave a TNT somewhere in a remote place. That's how you organize shit like this.
>>
>>367465313
Does it really make that much of a difference when dex and agility are dumped anyway?
>>
File: Very important stuff.png (191KB, 295x480px) Image search: [Google]
Very important stuff.png
191KB, 295x480px
>things like getting rid of quality penalty on Dissasemble are considered too low priority to be taken care of
>meanwhile pic related is considered important enough to get added into the game
Sometimes I really don''t understand how Stygsoft operates.
>>
>>367439179
>an oculite straight up found, infiltrated faceless society and stole and objected so important from them godmen are after it and it justifies full-scale war for the faceless before just disappearing

Bullshit.
>>
File: Cavehopper_l.png (8KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Cavehopper_l.png
8KB, 100x100px
>>367465659
Hopper catching had to be nerfed. It was just too unfair. And it's no good to lose 80% of your players right at the second quest. This was of the upmost priority.
>>
>>367465564
It's 11 without paranoia vs. 16 with it.

So basically a difference between almost always acting last vs. sometimes acting before slow enemies.
>>
>>367465690
Well, he may have had to join the hive mind and live out the rest of his life as a Faceless. In which case he was not THAT good.
>>
>>367465951
So like I said, not much of a difference at all.
>>
>>367466034
Maybe. Guess I'm used ot taking it on sniper builds together with gunslinger since it allows me to get 30, enough to act first most of the time and havs above 50% chance to act before Carnifex.
>>
File: 1481457624114.png (78KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1481457624114.png
78KB, 499x499px
>>367464725

>No DLC where you can recruit that black merchant from Core City so you can take him around and have him rate how hardcore everything and everyone is/isn't.
>No Packmule Al Fabbet to (very slowly) help you carry shit though the Underrail.
>>
>>367461848
He's just to gut you the second you try.

>pass a WILL check
>it's actually a ticket to get cut in half by Six

He may be a godmen but he acts and communicates like a teenager with an attitude.
>>
>>367465974
Bullshit.

They don't take non-mutants and even if they did, they'd have noticed right away he was there for the cube. WHich means...

THE CUBE HEIST WAS AN INSIDE JOB
>>
File: ezra.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ezra.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
Is he the most considerate NPC in the game?
>>
>>367466748
>teleports you to the middle of nowhere to fight a giant psionic bug

Nah
>>
File: Comparsion.png (32KB, 399x590px) Image search: [Google]
Comparsion.png
32KB, 399x590px
>>367466169
Also here is a table I made a long time ago because boredom.

Ties are considered losing the initative because in case of a tie the game most likely checks the underlying default turn order, where PC usually acts last.
>>
>>367466507
>THE CUBE HEIST WAS AN INSIDE JOB

In the end, everyone just wanted to kill Tchort. The player was the only one not in on the joke. Tanner, Six, and Otis are probably sharing stories over some mindshroom cocktail as we speak.
>>
>>367466748
>Directly responsible for the Depot A disaster
>>
>>367466507
See >>367458938
>>
>>367466748
He is the nicest guy you'll ever know.
>>
>>367466845
>Underrail: Murder on the Orient Express
>>
>>367466916
And?
>>
File: Underrail final battle.png (324KB, 642x440px) Image search: [Google]
Underrail final battle.png
324KB, 642x440px
>>
>>367466916
That was Anton Matveev, not Ezra.
>>
>>367466916
That wasn't him, he even said so.
>>
>>367463836
Oh one more question: I've heard you can get quests from Jack Quicksilver, but he moved to Core City at some point and won't talk to me. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>367468445
Maybe, maybe not. Have you done the quests for Abram back in Junkyard?
>>
Game sounds really cool. Is it worth the full $15 or should I wait for a sale?
>>
>>367468572
I did the one where he asks you about the Protectorate compound. Forgot to follow up on that actually. I presume he has more quests?
>>
>>367468627
I'd say it's worth $15, you can easily get 100 hours out of it, even more. It goes for 50% off, though, if you want to wait.
>>
>>367468627
Look at the thread, what do you think we are going to tell you?

Of course it's worth it, but it's a niche game. There is no way for us to determine whether it's going to be worth it for you.
>>
>>367468843
Yep. The two of them are on good terms, so Jack will give you more work if Abram puts in a good word for you.
>>
>>367468627
I regret buying it on sale and wish I had paid full price.
>>
>>367469042
Oh good. Thanks.
>>
Is there a beginner guide for this game?
>>
>>367469053
I bought it at full price during early acess. Thing is, it cost $8 back then.

People had to literally ask Styg to up the price.
>>
>>367468848
>>367468905
>>367469053
Sounds like it's right down my alley, I love building different characters and the setting sounds cool as shit. Plus, $15 isn't too steep and I'm impatient.
Thanks for the input anons
>>
>>367469245
We have a few images, but they are kind of outdated. There is an up to date and very detailed guide on Steam, but it has spoilers.

But, it's not like it could even possibly have more spoilers than this thread, so hey.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165
>>
>>367455086
here's something that doesn't make sense. After all that, they give the hyper-cube to 2 dumb merchants? Who basically immediately die and lose the cube? Cool plan time travelers.
>>
>>367469509
That's why the suspicion that one of them actually planned for the merchants to get killed. For whatever reason.
>>
>>367469509
It's probably to not attract any unwanted attention. You know, just two merchants going back to their home station. Kinda like the courier carrying the chip in Fallout New Vegas.

>inb4 it didn't work in NV either
Well that's just video games being video games, gotta make the story somehow.
>>
>>367469490
>tfw my sniper tips were not included
>tfw no special thanks
I-It's not like I care anyways.
>>
I made it to the 'tunnels' or whatever it is after your Station is able to drill through the rubble.
then I lost motivation to play. the game suddenly opens up a lot.
>>
>>367469306
We hope you won't regret it, then. Enjoy the game, and ask questions or whatever when you feel like it.
>>
Okay /v/ who did you side with:

Scrappers or Black Eels?
Praetorians, Coretech, or JKK?
Free Drones or Protectorate?

Black Eels, Praetorians, and Protectorate for me.
>>
>>367470248
Remained neutral in Junkyard, sided with Coretech, initially sided with Protectorate but I didn't go all the way because I couldn't persuade the deserters to come back peacefully.
>>
>>367470161
Don't feel too bad, man. The guy was too busy special thanking his Steam buddies to even mention epeli by name. I mean, seriously now?
>>
>>367470248
Black Eels (with SGS support)
JKK (RIP Evelyn)
Protectorate ( while also fucking their plans up in every way I can and fixing them from within, I'm in it for personal gain mostly)
>>
>>367470248
Protectorate scum, I purged you from south underrail and I'll purge you from north underrail.
>>
>>367470248
Black Eels, Coretech, SGS.
>>
>>367470248
>>367470248
Black Eels because it's convenient
JKK, but I haven't played the other 2
Free Drones because fuck a unified South Underrail
>>
>>367470248
Black Eels, Praetorian, Drones.

Swap Praetorian for JKK or Coretech if I'm not playing a psi. Although Coretech is kind of shitty compared to the other two.
>>
>>367470431
>The guy was too busy special thanking his Steam buddies to even mention epeli by name.
Yeah, that makes me feel better, Epeli would deserve it a lot more.
>>
>>367470720
He would deserve it more than anyone. But your sniper guide is still GOAT.
>>
>>367470248
Black Eels with support from SGS is so obviously the best choice I don't know why anyone would ever go with the Scrappers.
>>
>>367470882
Thanks.
>>
>>367470606
You should calm down and take a deep breath. Don't worry about that green gas leaking from the vents. I'm sure it's nothing.

At least I killed them all before they could get mutied in my play through. Even bullets and shrapnel is a cleaner way to go than that.
>>
>>367470917
There is no reason not to work with them for a while. Killing Eddie feels even better if you can loot one of the four artifacts in the game from his cold dead body.
>>
>>367471218
I suggest you never take off that CAU suit because I'm gonna replicate the full set of mutagen I got from the DC with maxed crafting and gas fort apogee.
>>
>>367471521
I don't think you can gas Dreadnaughts, so you should prepare some back-up plan.
>>
>>367471521
>implying that wouldn't just prompt the Protectorate to gas the entire south
Thread posts: 520
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.