[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

Thoughts?
>>
It sort of feels like a PS2/Gamecube era game.

For better and worse.
>>
I started it on PC but it's abysmally slow and hard to control, and I'm pretty sure the guy you play as is slower than every zombie in the game. I watched a guy's no upgrade akumu difficulty walkthrough before and thought it looked like a decent survival horror, but I just want to be able to see. I need to go through the settings again and see if there's an FOV slider and a way to disable the letterboxing because it's too obtrusive to being able to see. I appreciate that it's a design choice to be more survival horror-y but it hinders your ability to be able to actually play the game.
>>
>>363318162
Pretty sure there's an option in game to disable letterbox.
>>
>>363318162
You can use cheatengine to adjust the fov and remove the letter box. The game currently has a letter box option now though.
>>
>>363318218
>>363318760
Oh well that's good. I can deal with the low FOV, but I'm just more put off by how incredibly slow your guy is, he can't outrun anything, and he can't always out shoot everything either. It's an interesting kind of way the game works. I really ought to play more of it since I know Mikami directed it, it's probably good in at least one way though I've heard lots of dislike for the game.
>>
The beginning part is kind of stupid because it does that stupid bullshit where you're not actually playing the game yet. You can't attack, sprint, etc. And you're running from that chainsaw guy, but if he gets within a couple feet of you, it's just an insta-kill cutscene, which is another problem with the game. "Uh oh, you got within a certain radius of this enemy, you are instantly dead without any chance of escape!"

The movement is a bit weird, like you're flailing all over the place. The main guy you play also does this really annoying "scared and cautious" type of animation when something spooky happens. Like there will be a loud bang, then control is taken away from you, and he does an animation where he looks around while slightly backing up for about 5 fucking seconds. And you're just sitting there thinking "why the fuck can't I play the game right now?"

The game would be much better if it fixed all that little shit, because there's a lot more of it I didn't mention.

And I was playing it again at a friend's house recently on his PS4, and there were framerate issues.
>>
>>363317921

It´s re4 but worse. Not even Mikami can give us a classic horror game anymore
>>
>>363317921

Better than RE5/6. Worse than Re4.
>>
Pretty ggood and even better when you are on your second play through.
>>
>>363318956
>why the fuck can't I play the game right now?
This is the thing i hate the most about EW

The most annoying for me is running. There is some fuckhuge monster right behind you and after running like for 5 metres, your character will stop to catch a breath. I know games are not real life but there is no fucking way you will stop in situation like this. not to mention adrenaline irl
>>
>>363317921
Masterpiece, and better than all RE games combined
>>
If you liked RE4 you will like EW. That said, the game is good.
>>
>>363317921
Incredible. Better than any Resident Evil game.

If you haven't beaten AKUMU, don't talk to me. You're worthless.
>>
>>363317921
I guess I expected too much from this game.
The first few hours were really great but you could see clearly that the game was too much "inspired" from RE4 and Silent Hill 1.
From the very beginning the enemies designs were shitty, gameplay felt less responsive then RE4 and had shitty bethesda tier stealth sections.
But even with those minuses the game just collapses after you beat half of the game, the quality of everything in it drops and reveals it's retarded story line and shitty shooting sections.
It had few interesting new ideas but felt like they tried too hard to make it RE4 clone plus some western meme gameplay mechanics ala The Last of Us
>>
/v/ confirmed shitters.
>>
>>363317921
too many zombie-eque enemies that do exactly what they look like they do, not enough dream logic in the level designs
>>
It like like Bloodborne and RE4 had a baby. I thought it was pretty good.
>>
>>363317921
Had a lot of potential, but I don't think it quite nailed the nightmarish atmosphere if could have had.

Also, I need more ammo. I have everything but ammo.
>>
>>363317921
Is this worth picking up? Tempted but discouraged by people saying the story is bad
>>
>>363322059
hmmm no. Bloodborne has literally nothing to do with EW.
>>
>>363322059
>It like like Bloodborne and RE4 had a baby

The Evil Within came before Bloodborne though.
>>
>>363322208
If you like Resident Evil you should give it a try, it's like Resident Evil but with another name, worth at least a playthrough if you ask me.
>>
>>363322208
If you want literal RE4 clone but with bethesda tier quality and story then sure, buy it.
>>
>>363319450
The thing I liked about the game though is that in a lot of those sequences you can just kill the monster instead.
>>
>>363322335
>bethesda tier quality and story

I'm not sure if you mean better or wose.
>>
>>363319112
Accurate.
>>
>>363322383
Really it kinda evens out the the same thing as good old RE quality
>>
Better than expected, not very scary, lacked any character compared to RE4. All in all it was fine, I dont regret my time with it
>>
File: Poster-the_evil_within-keeper-34.jpg (181KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Poster-the_evil_within-keeper-34.jpg
181KB, 1200x1200px
>>363322209
>>363322214
I'm aware but if you took those two game and blend them you can see TEW to some degree.
The enemies and world feels similar. And the whole dream(I know it's not a dream) like state also gives off another similar feeling. The villagers Bloodborne remind me deeply of the ones in the first segment of the TEW, even tho they are there to emulate the ones in RE4. It's just something about the art style that makes those games feel very much alike to me.
>>
>>363322214
Timetravel?
>>
The only thing that bothers me is the fact you get a machine gun for beating the game but ammo for it is literally impossible to find which means after you used all of it you'll probably never get to use it again.
>>
I couldn't get past the boss fight in the parking garage, where that massive thing just juggles you across the room.
I knew I just had to git gud, but I don't have the patience necessary to bother with it.
>>
god tier game if you play as i played it the first time.

Highest difficulty that's available from the start and 0 upgrades.
>>
>>363323013
You mean the Amalgam Alpha? You're not supposed to fight it directly, it's basically a stealth boss, you need to shoot the eye thing when it's not looking directly at you and then rush to another area before he comes check.
>>
>>363323078
I did Akumu with no upgrades, it was pretty intense.
>>
>>363323013
I remember going into that fight with no ammo. There are so many times in the TEW that didn't know if I ever was going to be able to make it to the next level. It wasn't scary but it was intense as fuck. I actually thought that was a pretty cool feeling for a game to give off. That dreading uncertainly of being about to survival the next segment.
>>
>>363323327
That goes a bit too far, though i only had severe problems with two areas in akumu

That gondola ride in the city and that part with joseph in the medieval looking section.
>>
>>363323442
Yeah the gondola section is pretty bullshit, definitely where I had most trouble on Akumu.
>>
>>363323507
How many deaths?
>>
>>363323809
On that specific part? I think it was 3 or 4.
>>
>>363323214
I thought that was the case, but after doing it a few times, I thought I was wrong. I'll have to go back into it, thanks anon!
>>
>>363317921
I really really wish it was good.

I would kill for a new re4
>>
>>363324097
See this video if you want some reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNb39vtIeBY

It's how I killed it basically
>>
its a really good game that has a few annoying quirks and an obvious lack of QA at points. if you like RE4 type games then i dont know why someone wouldnt like this one provided they go into it knowing its got some problems.
>>
>>363322959
How'd he get a safe on his head?
>>
>>363324171
TEW set good ground work but it needed more time and polish. If there's a sequel (which seems likely) they can iron out the kinks and we might finally get something that can top RE4.

Or you could just play Dead Space.
>>
>>363324934
>The Keeper was born from a combination of Ruvik's memory of the safe where he kept his research, and his unbridled rage. The safe head represents the atrocities of Ruvik's past that he's trying to keep hidden, literally crushing anyone who comes near.
>>
>>363324934
I heard lore videos that all the enemies represent things from the people connected in STEM. Similar to the the world in Silent Hill.
>>
Great game. Perfect if you enjoy action horror games like RE4 and dead space.
>>
File: Minimum Payne.png (498KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Minimum Payne.png
498KB, 640x480px
This game would have been pretty good if it was in first person
>>
>>363326354
the slow motion thing wouldn't have been as good, though.
>>
Stylistically, it was interesting even though there are obvious RE comparisons. The fact they give you a spooky waifu in a spookers save room was nice. Boss fights for the most part felt thought out, well-designed and genuinely nerve-wracking at times. The last levels were a little uninspired, and the story had a weird and boring payoff, but overall I enjoyed it.
>>
Was thinking to replay it, since I only finished it once and moved on to new stuff but I really liked the game. Want to try out higher difficulty modes but also haven't touched the DLC. Are they good?
>>
>>363326554
I was talking about Evil Within
Pic was unrelated
>>
>>363327449
>but also haven't touched the DLC. Are they good?

Yes, DLC for TEW is pretty good, even the Executioner is good imo.
>>
It's okay, gameplay is if RE4 had way less enemy variety, but it's still good in some parts, the story just gets old, the whole game is like a dream sequence, so at one point it just loses any impact, because you're always expecting crazy shit to happen it becomes mundane.
>>
>>363324967
Dead Space sucks cock.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.