[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Niitsuma talks some more about MvC3's cast: who made it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: mvc3 tron block closeup.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
mvc3 tron block closeup.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
Niitsuma talks some more about MvC3's cast: who made it and who didn't make the cut.

> Nova and Strange were pushed by Marvel, Strange's moveset was fun to design
> Blade was rejected for being too similar to Dante, likewise for Spider-Woman and Trish
> Psylocke didn't have a passionate fanbase
> Spiral would be a nightmare in 3D
> Cloak and Dagger would have been done like Stands in JoJo's HFTF - too much work

I wonder if he'll ever get around to the rest of the Marvel side or discuss the office politics of the Capcom cast.
>>
This is the first time since UMvC3 released I've seen Niitsuma's name mentioned.

It's like they tried to push him to Ono levels but failed.
>>
>Doc Ock had official art and a theme but they cut him
>>
>>362150225
>Cloak and Dagger would have been done like Stands in JoJo's HFTF - too much work
>Spiral would be a nightmare in 3D

This man is a lazy faggot, and needs to gtfo.
>>
Real Nova, as in Dick Rider, or shitty kid Nova?
>>
>>362150446
First I've heard of him having art and music attached. Link?
>>
>>362150590

Speaking of characters that didn't make the cut, the biggest one of all was a certain enemy of Spider-Man's who has a bunch of arms coming out of his back.

He wasn't just a candidate, we worked on him for a very long time. He even has character art and a theme song we had to cut from the game.
Source: Ryota Niitsuma's Twitter.

Translated. Niitsuma didn't actually show anything though
>>
>>362150702
Wow, hopefully that means there's a good amount of material to pull from if Marvel wants him in Infinite.
>>
>>362150702
>ywn have the power of the sun in the palm of your hands
why live?
>>
Honestly I'm still impressed by how hard they fought to get Shuma Gorrath.
>>
>>362150225
why does he never talk about capcom characters
>>
>>362150225
>Psylocke didn't have a passionate fanbase
Bullshit
>>362150225
>too much work
Oh, god forbid anyone at Capcom actually does WORK
>>
>>362150573

Dick Rider.

He's a pretty decent character too.
>>
File: niitsuma juggernaut comments.png (208KB, 1370x734px) Image search: [Google]
niitsuma juggernaut comments.png
208KB, 1370x734px
>>362150939
Probably a combination of typical Japanese politeness and there not being much to say. Old MvC drew from contemporary series like Cyberbots, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, while 3 dug from newer games like Okami and Bionic Commando.
>>
>>362150939
>>362150495

>"It is almost certain that he is not going to be DLC. Mega Man is a character difficult to adapt to MvC because you only have Megabuster as a weapon and a good character for this fighting game needs more variety. That is the main reason that we chose Zero; apart from the Megabuster, he also carries a sword.

>"I’m sorry, there is no Mega Man in Ultimate," Niitsuma apologized. "We had a lot of requests from fans for Mega Man or at least one of them to be in the game. Out of all of the requests we got for Capcom characters, he just didn’t enter the top part of the ranking. Unfortunately, he didn’t make the cut."

Though in his *slight* defense, this was when Capcom wanted nothing to do with Mega Man since they had just cancelled MML3
>>
>>362151290
Even Sakurai, while probably bullshitting, mentions why they supposedly did or didn't include certain Nintendo frachise characters in Smash, so this politeness thing is just another piece of bullshit.
>>
>>362151290
>Juggernaut and Sentinel
Wasn't the latter one of the characters Capcom or whoever had fought for?
>>
>>362150939
he did. The DMC crew requested Trish be in if Dante was in. The Monster Hunter team didn't want their characters in.
>>
>>362151619
>The Monster Hunter team didn't want their characters in.

I'm not a fan of executive meddling, but...
>>
>>362151580
>We could have had Juggernaut
>Instead we got a nostalgia pick that was dropped by everyone harder and faster than any before him
>>
>>362151580
That's likely why they had to choose. Marvel probably said somethign like "We're not pushing either of these characters and we want you to include someone else so only 1 of them."
>>
>>362151684
Its an odd rule with the MH team; no Hunters, only monsters and felynes get to make guest appearances. The Hunter is a player avatar, not a unique character.
Hence why they allowed the various armors to be included as a Mii outfits in Smash, Miis are technically player avatars.
>>
>>362151798
How is Juggernaut not a nostalgia pick?
>>
>>362151998
It would be very difficult for a hunter moveset anyway unless they include weapon switching, which goes against the very principle of monster hunter
>>
>>362150225
How bad this is going to be?
>>
>>362152093
They could just as easily just pick a fucking weapon for the hunter like the Great Sword and say deal with it.
>>
>>362151358
and then they put him in SFxT
>>
>>362151998
They could have NPC hunters?
>>
>>362152018
I meant nostalgia in regards to MvC2 aka the only thing Sentinel has ever been relevant in. He was basically the mascot of the game alongside Magneto. Then in MvC3 everybody saw that MSS could be humbled by most of the new characters so they never picked Sentinel again because no one actually cared about him but wouldn't shut up about "TEN MORE YEARS"
>>
>>362151798
Nobody would want Jugs either.
>>
>>362152241
>they never picked Sentinel again
The fuck are you talking about he is still to this day one of the more popular assist picks.
>>
>>362152258
Nobody wanted Spencer, we saw how that turned out.
>>
>>362152241
>Doesn't remember MvC3 being Sentinel vs. Sentinel: Clash of Two Sentinels
>>
Any chance of Asura and an MML character in the new one? Not too interested in MvC but that would make it a day one buy.
>>
>>362152390
Juggernaut had a bunch of vs games to be memorable
Spencer had one and everyone loves him. Nobody knew they wanted spencer.
>>
>>362152241

>1.5 mil health
>easy BnB combos
>high damage

Sentinel was the top pick for vets and newbies alike. Hell, some kid had a stream of him making top ranks with Sentinel and all he did was H -> cr. H -> Drones
>>
>>362151265
>Oh, god forbid anyone at Capcom actually does WORK
Its releasing next year anon. sure theyve been working on it for a while, but a schedule forced by a billion dollar company is pretty important
>>
>>362152241
No one cared about him a couple weeks after release because they nerfed the crap out of him. His hp is lower than Phoenix W. and his little bots assist disappear on hit.
>>
>>362150573
https://youtu.be/DkPL1MT7g80

You guess
>>
>>362152721
>but a schedule forced by a billion dollar company is pretty important
That doesn't mean they'll be done fasterer, it just means they'll rush out what they have at that time sooner. I'm not saying a delayed game is eventually good, but said billion dollar company is obviously very arrogant in believing that unfinished or games with half the content are sale-worthy.
>>
>>362152458
Asura definitely has a chance, Tron might also since she's a Capcom waifu.
>>
>>362151798
>Sentinel
>Dropped by everyone harder and faster
Harder I'll give but not faster

He stuck around for quite awhile even after the HP nerfs and all the videos showing Sentinel isn't perfect
>>
>>362152916
Schedule, as in there's a time frame and a plan to follow within that time frame. And ya, this feels like your run of the mill licensed by Disney tie in and SF5 came out piss poor, but this is a different team. We'll have to pray then see if they actually do work. I understand that were on /v/ but try to be more naive
>>
>>362151290
>Doc Oct, Blade, Green Goblin
>Japan also wanted Tessa

Son of a bitch, what could have been.
>>
>>362150225
>psylocke didn't have a passionate fanbase

yea get out of here with that bullshit.

She was one of the most popular supports in mvc1 and one of the most used characters in mvc2
>>
>>362151358
Which doesn't explain why Capcom still let Mega Man rot until Infinite. I hope X's inclusion is the start of a new Mega Man renaissance, if nothing more than to just to further shove that prima donna faggot Inafune's face in the abject failure that was his Mega Man ripoff.
>>
>>362154625
Check the tweets for yourself, hell think back to during 2010 - Was the Psylocke audience really out in full force?
>>
>>362151358
They could've used Megaman.Exe. He's infinitely more versatile than Zero thanks to the chips he could use
>>
>>362154663
Capcom got over it and realized they can make money without having to greenlight any games.
>>
>>362154663
> new megaman renaissance

9 is already the best Classic game, any new X game would have to address the numerous flaws of the previous 8 games, any new series would undoubtedly by shonen-aimed shovelware that you'd hate.
>>
>>362154625
she was only used because of her move set. not because people liked her.
>>
>>362152871
He hits like a grown ass man.
>>
File: 1324273615656.png (323KB, 382x457px) Image search: [Google]
1324273615656.png
323KB, 382x457px
>he will never be in a MvC
>>
File: mvc3 general.jpg (389KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
mvc3 general.jpg
389KB, 1000x800px
>>362150886
I firmly believe that Shuma will return for MVC4.
He is more synonymous with the MVC series than marvel comics.

hell, he is practically a low key mascot for the mvc crew.
Shuma is our boy.
>>
>>362152241
Sent is also top tier in CotA but that's notthe game people played for 10 years.

I agree that no one would care about him if he was never top tier
>>
>>362151358
>you only have Megabuster as a weapon and a good character for this fighting game needs more variety

So why didn't they just give Mega Man powers from robot masters? Did they not feel like designing another character for what i assume would be a zoner?

They let Zero have several moves from X4
>>
>>362151290
>Never considered Jin or Captain Commando

I'm glad he's not involved.
>>
>MvCI has no assist
>CapCom gets in

And now you have THREE assists.
>>
>We can't put Ghost Rider in MvC3, his bike would be too difficult to implement in his moveset
>Ghost Rider is in UMvC3 with a bike super

>We tried to put put Phoenix Wright in TvC, but his "Objection" would affect the game balance in the english version, because "Igi Ari" is shorter than "Objection"
>Phoenix Wright is in UMvC3 and both his "Objection" and "Igi Ari" have the same hitbox size

>Megaman was not in UMvC3 because Capcom didn't request him to be in the game
>Megaman is in MvCI because of how much he is requested by fans, so Capcom is even making sure to have him be the first thing you see in the trailer and a central character of the story mode

I'm seeing a pattern here, you can beat that if there is any popuar character that wasn't included in the prvious Vs. game because of some "problem", he's going to be in this game and the "problem" will be easily resolved
>>
>>362151290
>MvC devs can decide when there are too many sword users
>Sakurai can't
>>
>>362158254
There aren't that many.

Dante, Vergil, Trish, Taskmaster, Zero, Deadpool.
>>
>>362158254
But sakurai knows there were too many sword and FE characters.
The thing is, they "forced" him to put in corrin to push in sales for FE14, even though he wanted to design other characters.
Not saying that he has never made any mistakes on the game development, though.
>>
File: Megaman.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>362151358
>because you only have Megabuster as a weapon and a good character for this fighting game needs more variety
>>
File: 1242363547.jpg (184KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1242363547.jpg
184KB, 500x750px
>>362157958
>Venom can't be in because of ram
I am STILL mad.
>>
>>362159005
>This is the best fanservice we've had for like, 8 years
Capcom pls
>>
File: 1479630843718.png (134KB, 372x334px) Image search: [Google]
1479630843718.png
134KB, 372x334px
>>362159209
>Xfags whined so hard that we now have his boring ass in MvCI
Personally I was fine with Zero. If I had to pick though I'd want classic Proto Man or Bass.exe.
>>
File: 1482480613904.jpg (199KB, 640x953px) Image search: [Google]
1482480613904.jpg
199KB, 640x953px
>>362150225
>Psylocke didn't have a passionate fanbase

My dick disagrees.
>>
>>362159392
X has too much potential to be left out, anon.
Altough i don't expect capcom to get creative with his moveset, he could easily be designed as a wall character using powers both as normals, supers and specials
Zero was fine, but was hated because "lol lightning unblockable set-up, so now i'm dead", his concept was pretty great.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.