[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever took part in a kickstarter for a game? We're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 19

File: images (18).jpg (9KB, 668x190px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
9KB, 668x190px
Have you ever took part in a kickstarter for a game?
We're you happy with the final product?
What was the most you donated?
>>
File: lisa_Brad-730x411.jpg (18KB, 730x411px) Image search: [Google]
lisa_Brad-730x411.jpg
18KB, 730x411px
yep i knew it would be worth from the first demo
>>
File: 1442980635055.gif (579KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1442980635055.gif
579KB, 500x377px
>Shovel Knight
>Shantae: HGH
>Grim Dawn
>Hyper Light Drifter
>Yooka-Laylee
>Bloodstained
>Psychonauts 2

Haven't gotten burned yet, and I only pledge the minimum to get a digital copy of the game
>>
>>360525348
>cringe 2deep6me shit

Hey look everyone, we got a Sam Hyde fan here!
>>
Divinity: Original Sin 2 and just recently Jupiter Hell. I spent about 35 for D:OS2 and I was pretty generous with Jupiter Hell mainly because I loved DoomRL and I'm glad to help out some polish developers.
>>
>>360525143

Why would I ever contribute to anything that isn't me or my dank-ass life?

I love my money and I love stealing things that only exist because of suckers like you who donated to their kickstarters.
>>
>>360525143

Wanted to help the Shenmue one out even though I know Sony's doing the actual main funding.

I didn't have the money then, and the paypal support doesn't net you any cool stuff which I'd like to get for paying early.
>>
File: 1440112066624.png (109KB, 512x511px) Image search: [Google]
1440112066624.png
109KB, 512x511px
>>360525143

Wasteland 2: Absolute disgusting garbage

FTL: Disappointed because it's so close to what I wanted but it's still ok

Shadowrun Returns: Pretty fucking bad, but it also included Dragonfall which is aces

Pillars of Eternity: Pretty fucking bad but was patched to become tolerable

Torment 2: Probably going to be bad after seeing how Wasteland 2 panned out

Divinity Original Sin: Surprisingly bad writing/story for Larian and the encounter design means you eventually do the exact same shit every single combat, but cool turn based combat and great co-op

Shadowrun Hong Kong: Not as good as Dragonfall but I'm satisfied with it

The Bards Tale 4: Wasteland 2 has me scared

Divinity Original Sin 2: Heard some questionable things but I'm not playing no goddamn beta, I'll wait until it's done

Battletech: Saw one brief little glimpse of gameplay, might be good. It's encouraging given how the Shadowrun Kickstarters turned out, it seems like Harebrained actually know how to deliver on promises and don't just bullshit

Copper Dreams: Probably shouldn't have but I like Serpent in the Staglands and I must aid waifu (And her husband) in making role playing RPG game. And it's cyberpunk so whatever

Wasteland 3: I'm dumb and love RPGs even when they're garbage
>>
I've taken part in a few. The Skullgirls indiegogo campaign was my first but I've given to Hyper Light Drifter, Bloodstained, Muv Luv, Omori, Timespinner and Hearth Forth Alicia to name a few.

So far the only two kickstarter that have failed or somehow disappointed me are Hyper Light Drifter and Midora. HLD promised a Vita port but had to cancel it, so I got my money back. Midora was just a bunch of idiots who blew their money almost at once and I don't even know at I gave them even $5.

The most I've donated was $100 for the Bloodstained Vita physical edition.
>>
File: keks.jpg (443KB, 810x2211px) Image search: [Google]
keks.jpg
443KB, 810x2211px
>>360525143
i havent recieved enough to be terribly disappointed. legends of aetherius is hot garbage, the other things i got have all been decent to good but nothing id call amazing.
>>
>>360526043
>Hearth Forth Alicia

When is that fucking coming out?
>>
Yes.
Yes.
$250

Mighty Number 9. I'm not a fucking retard and understand the problems 10SKUs cause. Looking forward to the sequel. Just wish fangamer would stop being faggots and give me the rest of my swag.
>>
Wasteland 2. Waste of money.
Massive Chalice. I deserve any ridicule and/or hate given to me for that decision.
Cube & Me. Thankfully didn't make it's funding, backed it because a friend of mine wouldn't stop harassing me about it. I figured 10 bucks was worth shutting them up.
Overload: Backed and if it's not complete garbage I will be pleasantly surprised. It's a game by the makers of descent banking on "hey we made descent! nostalgia is great, so this game must be too!"
>>
>>360525143
>Have you ever took part in a kickstarter for a game?
Multiple times.

>We're you happy with the final product?
For the ones that actually came out I'm mostly happy. The ones I'm not happy about are the ones that don't have a final product yet and in some cases never ever will have a final product. Fucking CLANG, I'm still mad at that hack fraud Neal Stephenson.

>What was the most you donated?
$60 on Grim Dawn. I definitely don't regret that one.
>>
>>360526095
>tfw The Mandate just keeps getting delayed and features keep getting stripped

I knew it was overly ambitious from the start, but I'm still disappointed. If they made the game exactly as described it would've been literally my dream game. Still, I can't wait for it to actually get released and see how good or bad it really turns out.
>>
>>360526117

I don't know, I heard that they're getting near the end of the game (relatively speaking) but they haven't announced a release date yet to my knowledge.

I just kind of mentally tack on two to three years to any projected release date. If it comes out earlier than that great
>>
>>360526536
>Grim Dawn

I got that in a humble monthly and still need to play it. How good is it compared to something like Diablo 2?
>>
>>360526851
Grim Dawn is a great game. Great if you've got that Diablo 2 itch. Environments are good and story isn't too bad even. Classes feel unique and weapon system is great. I'd really recommend it. The few times I played online were good too, no desync like PoE.
>>
>>360526851
If you're looking for something that's the same genre as Diablo it's a really good game. I definitely prefer it to most modern alternatives like Diablo 3 or Path of Exile, though I'm sure some people will disagree with me on that.

It doesn't quite hit the same high notes Diablo does, but it's a great game nonetheless.
>>
File: shards-online.jpg (121KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
shards-online.jpg
121KB, 720x406px
Identity (made by the Altis Life guys in ARMA)
Shards Online
Shroud of the Avatar
Camelot Unchained
The Repopulation
Pantheon Rise of the Fallen
Grim Dawn
Star Citizen
Chronicles of Elyria
>>
>>360525632
Thanks for helping Grim Dawn and Y-L become a thing. The rest I haven't heard/tried.
>>
>>360525686
May be its just a good game? Oh wait I forgot /v/ hates vidya games.
>>
>>360527345
>Star Citizen

I really do hope it ends up being space game of our dreams
>>
Not vidya, but I helped Kickstart this.
https://luuup.com
>>
>>360527836

Does it work well?

How cute is your kitty?
>>
File: 1481599068714.png (334KB, 538x564px) Image search: [Google]
1481599068714.png
334KB, 538x564px
>>360525143
Bloodstained, 60$ ps4 physical copy. We'll see on that, but I'm still hopefull.

H-Hour, meh I really wanted it to be good but I guess nothing can ever really replace socom. It's just not the same without the classic maps as well. I was sad, but not angry.

Starbound, I will never ever buy any game that has any relation with chucklefuck. It's the only reason I never bought stardew valley, and never will.

All in all I'm not completely burnt out on the concept, it's produced some good things like shovel knight.
>>
File: Cat.jpg (962KB, 1121x1422px) Image search: [Google]
Cat.jpg
962KB, 1121x1422px
>>360528065
It works very well if you have good clumping litter and not some shitty brand. Still use pine pellets in the other box though.

And here's one.
>>
>>360525143
The Broken Age boxed edition finally arrived today

so yeah that and FTL, so 50% hit/miss is alright by me but I'm never taking that gamble ever again
>>
>>360525143
I bought the witch tier of the town of Salem card game. They sent me 2 codes so I got double the town points for it. Card game shipping 'soon.'
>>
File: Bath.jpg (1MB, 1631x1563px) Image search: [Google]
Bath.jpg
1MB, 1631x1563px
>>360528065
And one more.
>>
>>360527641
It will be. Have you seen Terra Prime leaks? I'm not expecting a release until 2020 though.
>>
>>360528476
>>360528889

Acceptable levels of cute
>>
>>360526043
>Getting a Vita version at all.

The vita version for bloodstained will also be cancelled or release a year late. Get it on any other platform, man.
>>
>>360525901
Man, you backed so many fucking games and you sound so disappointed. Why the fuck are you still doing it?
>>
File: Duo.jpg (2MB, 1533x2076px) Image search: [Google]
Duo.jpg
2MB, 1533x2076px
>>360529010
What about my other two?
>>
$100 to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Got my name in the credits of a game that, on all accounts, looks like exactly what I want. A tad pricey, but I'm a patientgamer and god knows I haven't spent more than $30 on a game in over a decade. Plus, lots of swag, so there's that.

I'll wait.
>>
File: Specter Knight.jpg (415KB, 1675x936px) Image search: [Google]
Specter Knight.jpg
415KB, 1675x936px
HOW DO THEY KEEP DOING IT?

Shovel Knight is seriously the poster child of Kickstarter gone right
>>
File: Code Hardcore Backer Skin vote.png (501KB, 1492x579px) Image search: [Google]
Code Hardcore Backer Skin vote.png
501KB, 1492x579px
So far only CODE:HARDCORE and enough to get the backer skin(White+Green skin won). Hopefully it comes out good
>>
>>360525143
Oculus
Got literally everything 4free so yay
>>
>>360529318
Most I've spent is 500. Looking forward to a bunch of swag and if I ever visit their city, I can crash at their HQ.
In case you're wondering, 500 isn't too bad of a hit. I make 8000 every month with about 15% going towards retirement.
>>
File: art.jpg (188KB, 550x774px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
188KB, 550x774px
>>360525143
Odallus, Shovel Knight and Indivisible.

I'm more than satisfied with everything so far
>>
>>360525901
Sounds like you're a moron who wastes money just so he can say he's disappointed every time.
>>
>>360525143
I'm playing Shantae HGH right now, and I'd say that I'm definitely happy with the investment.
>>
>>360525901
Maybe video games just isn't your hobby. Have you tried anything else?
>>
>>360529842
>>360529970
what triggered you two his post is perfectly reasonable
>>
File: Austin3.png (3MB, 1916x993px) Image search: [Google]
Austin3.png
3MB, 1916x993px
>>360525143
I bought a Starter package and a Herald in Star Citizen, so I think that's about $120? It's coming along nicely, if slowly.

Also backed a book in a series of gryphon novels. That turned out pretty rad and I got some nice art out of it.
>>
File: 1159944233.png (73KB, 540x597px) Image search: [Google]
1159944233.png
73KB, 540x597px
>>360525143
>La-Mulana 2
STILL WAITING

I don't fucking remember, I think I donated 256 dollars.
>>
>>360525143
>starbound

I had more fun during the beta, when they weren't deleting my characters constantly
>>
>>360525686
>Itt /v/ projects their insecurities on a video game
>>
>>360530135
Is that game any good now? Best memories I had of it were when my buddy and I would fill our inventories full of sand, join a random server, and then dump all of it to flood their world while I go to space thanks to sand physics. Can you still do this?
>>
>>360525632

How did you know MN9 was going to be shit?
>>
indivisible is the only crowdfunding campaign ive given money to.

I'm really wary of this kind of stuff and only crowdfunded it because i love skullgirls and i watched them conduct a very transparent campaign for the dlc characters. They also followed through and didnt have to ask for more money or any bullshit like that.

I'm hoping i don't get burned
>>
Broken Age
Wasteland 2
Pillars of Eternity
Mighty no 9
Yooka Kaylee
AI War 2

I'm more into to funding games that look like they will boost a game studio into the industry. Haven't played AI War 1 for instance.
>>
Just Yooka-Laylee.
The toybox gave me a good feeling.
>>
>>360527520
Go play shovel knight if you like oldschool 16 bit games
>>
File: 1480518088408.png (338KB, 678x571px) Image search: [Google]
1480518088408.png
338KB, 678x571px
I pledged 20$ to interstellar marines because i thought THIS TIME THEY FINALLY GONNA DO IT!111. Thank god their kickstarter project failed and I didn't waste my money. After that I stopped paying attention to kickstarter.
>>
File: tempting goblet.jpg (143KB, 694x488px) Image search: [Google]
tempting goblet.jpg
143KB, 694x488px
>>360529197
>>360529842
>>360529970

I like RPGs and the cheapest Kickstarter tier is usually acceptable to roll the dice on it. Even being chrushingly disappointed in a shitty game like Wasteland 2 is generally more entertaining for me than blowing $20 on some pixel art indie platformer or something.

You could make the argument that I should just pirate all videogames, but I have too much latent piracy guilt after having multiple boxes full of Atari 800 floppies in my youth. I haven't pirated a game in probably over a decade.
>>
Can I back star citizen anywhere now?
>>
>>360532376
Out of all of the ones you listed, which would you consider "best"?
>>
>>360530578
Not him, but I've heard it's actually pretty good now. I say this as someone who's read the numerous v threads and steam reviews
>>
Apart from steam early access junk and other stuff that was already in a working beta state I've pitched in for two things on opposite ends of the kickstarter spectrum.

>Camelot Unchained
Mark Jacobs is a name I have some faith in, and that the game is something that's similar to games that he's led in the past and that he's got experience running a studio on the sort of budget that they wanted was very reassuring. I pledged like $200 and I'm impressed by their transparency and their progress is about where I would have expected. Would pledge again.

>Hover: Revolt of Gamers
Homage passion project of three inexperienced french early 20somethings. I got sucked in because I wanted it to be good but I don't see this ever being finished or solid. $10 worth of learning about red flags.
>>
>>360532970
What's the biggest red flag?
>>
>>360532508

Depends on the situation. If you've got a reliable bro for the long haul of DoS, playing that co-op is a hell of a lot of fun.

FTL's a good solo play time waster. My disappointment was mainly how much build variety gets neutered by the boss and how little non-combat encounters there are. Was hoping for something with FTL's mechanics but more of a Weird Worlds style galaxy and full run completion time if you ever played that.

If you specifically want an RPG so it rules out FTL and don't have a buddy which rules out DoS, probably Shadowrun Dragonfall. Good characterization (None of the characters are anything unique but they're handled well), good pacing for an RPG (Biggest area where Hong Kong shit the bed, assloads of NPC vendor backstory which serves absolutely no purpose and not even worldbuilding since your eyes will glaze over after the third NPC that does it), acceptable combat, fun setting. Dragonfall's biggest weaknesses are probably lack of choice and consequence (Has a few major late game choices which will change end game slides but not so much for consequences you'll actually have to play through) and mild lack of build variety which is kind of just part of the setting.

There are also 6 games on there that still haven't released so who knows. Maybe Torment will actually be amazing. My expectations were low pre-Wasteland 2 just because their entire pitch was "Hey, 'member Torment? We're going to make a game without any of the same characters, in a completely different setting, using a completely different ruleset, with mostly different people making it, but you should give us money because I'm Brian Fargo" but I did it anyway 'cause it was $20 or something and what the hell. If I was squeamish about buying RPGs I wouldn't have physical copies of Arcanum, ToEE, and Bloodlines and wouldn't be able to jerk off at my Troika shrine nightly.
>>
>>360525143
Shadowruns Dragonfall and Hong Kong (since I missed the original Returns kickstarter, which I'm grateful for) and the Pathologic remake.

Shadowruns were both fantastic, I actually liked Hong Kong just as much as I did Dragonfall and for the relatively small amount I pledged I'm more than glad I backed them.

Pathologic is worth it just for the fact that it brought about the Classic HD rerelease, with a properly fixed translation and nicer graphics as a bonus, and I'd be happy enough to have spent my money even without the actual remake. The fact that said remake looks and feels absolutely amazing is now just an incredible bonus.

A lot.

As an aside, I regret missing the Sunless Sea kickstarter with how good the game became, and I'm definitely going to back the sequel when its Kickstarter launches.
>>
>>360533209
Good to know, thanks. I'll look into those few. Hopefully I can convince someone to join me for divinity.
>>
>>360525824
(You)
>>
>>360533089
Probably inexperience. If people can't point to things they've already done then there's really no reason to believe they know what they're getting into.
>>
>>360525143
Only Shenmue III. I spent more than a decade pining and begging for it, so it only seemed fair that I put my money where my mouth was. I don't even care if it's bad. I just want to play it and have closure.
>>
>>360525143

>FTL
>Shantae HGH
>Skullgirls
>A Hat in Time

So far so good, Half-Genie Hero was great. I'm a little worried about A Hat in Time, but they're still doing updates so I'll at least stay cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>360525143
I'd love a reason to, but (1) it's risky unless the dev has a solid reputation, and (2) I don't care to play games earlier than most people for more money, and would rather wait for deep discounts and reviews 1-2 years after release.
>>
>>360525143
I put $5 in Mighty No. 9, you should know the outcome of that.
And I put $100 in Bloodstained, Mighty No. 9 made me start to lose faith in it, but the demo for Bloodstained completely restored my faith.
>>
File: 1480104788704.jpg (320KB, 800x805px) Image search: [Google]
1480104788704.jpg
320KB, 800x805px
Donated ten bucks to Octodad 2 and almost 100 to Yookah Laylee.

Otherwise I try to stay away from kickstarter projects. Honestly the only reason I even donated to those two is because they clearly already had a base going.

I fully expect Yookah Laylee to be delayed to the end of 2017 at the earliest.
>>
File: Fhw_AdnJ.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Fhw_AdnJ.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
donated $70 to pic related, happy with the progress and developers so far.
>>
Haven't backed anything. I wanted to back Hiveswap but I didn't have money at the time. Probably worked out for the best that I didn't.

Besides the tarot deck in the rewards became available later on.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.