[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we just talk about this game and how great it is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: MediEvil_II.jpg (176KB, 711x704px) Image search: [Google]
MediEvil_II.jpg
176KB, 711x704px
Can we just talk about this game and how great it is?
>>
Goddamn PSX platformers/adventure games are so comfy!
>>
>>359333782
Ikr I recently got an emulator to play this game again I loved playing this game as a kid.
>>
>>359333782
comfy is just a code word for boring desu
>>
>>359334693
>comfy is just a code word for boring desu

Heh nice joke
>>
>>359333782
>PSX
>>
>>359333375
Medievil 1 is better, desu
>>
could you imagine being named rob? lol i think i'd rather die
>>
>>359335127
>Medievil 1 is better, desu

Now that's where you're wrong kiddo.
>>
medi
>>
what year is medievil set in btw?
>>
>>359333375

MediEvil 1 is a masterpiece. II is okay, but ultimately a disappointment.
>>
*screeches like a banshee*
>>
*mumbles*
>>
Just imagine, the second greatest Medievil player of all time could be posting in this thread right now...
>>
>>359337887
>Just imagine, the second greatest Medievil player of all time could be posting in this thread right now...

Holy shit
>>
I'm above this thread
>>
>>359333375
It certainly is great but there isn't much to talk about it. Posting best theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYil0_NByJE&list=PL6E1641084169DA6C&index=8
>>
I played some of 2 recently and just got kind of annoyed.
It's not bad, I like the weapon-switching and the analog camera controls, but I hate that hitstun cancels out your attacks no matter what, but when you use your shield to try and negate that it runs out of durability in like six hits. Adding fall damage was a huge mistake, mostly because it counts any height that's about three Dans high as too big a drop and you don't just take damage, you lose an entire life bottle.
It also just feels like Dan is getting told what to do, all the time, he never does anything on his own until the Sewers and the Time Machine.
In the first game he was doing his thing from the start, he got some advice and did some favors, but everything else was in his hands, including releasing the shadow demons just so he could get to Zarok's castle.

MediEvil 2's a good one, but its direction isn't as strong, the levels are lacking, the story's a little boring, but the new characters are likable enough and there's some good gameplay improvements.

Fuck the 100% ending though.
>>
>>359333375
IN-VENT-REE
>>
Goddammit sony needs to make a medievil 3.
>>
>>359341118
AWRIGHT DAN, YEW'VE CUM A LONG WAY

OI'D SAVE IF OI WAS YEW
>>
File: 1460689184490.png (93KB, 500x488px)
1460689184490.png
93KB, 500x488px
>>359333375
The first one was better.
>>
>>359341297
No they don't, they would just fuck it up.
>>
>>359341752
They'd probably hand it off to some no-name studio who'd take the art direction and gameplay a radical new COMPLETELY SHIT direction, and then wonder why it sells five copies.
>>
The first one was way better.
>>
>>359333375
>moved away from spooky atmosphere to silly skellington slapstick

Medievil 2 was crap
>>
So what time period should Dan wake up next?
>>
>>359341482
>trying to emulate medievil 2 while also trying to figure out how to run spyro 2
>get settings for medievil 2 working
>tinker with settings for spyro 2 to make it fucking work, finally get it working after a long ass time
>save settings and revert for medievil 2
>ghost kid now screams bloody murder screeching banshee noises at me
...damn it I wish I knew where my ps1 was
>>
>>359341482

Why oh why did we replace the god tier gargoyles with fucking Winston?
>>
>>359344190
Same reason the god-tier gargoyles were replaced with winged slugs in Resurrection, everything is shit.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.