[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm pretty late but i just finished this game and wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 18

File: life is strange.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
life is strange.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
I'm pretty late but i just finished this game and wanted to know your thoughts. Did you guys enjoy the game or hate it? What were your choices?
>>
Was okay, don't remember, killed everyone for the yuri.
>>
>>358286681
Hated it because I'm a fucking white male
>>
Cucked warren then cucked chole
>>
>>358286681
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjk2J8_j79MyAmWgBCqvaujiLQROceofc
There, that 'bout sums it up.
>>
>>358287053
haha i did the same.
>>
Bought it for my girlfriend and watched her play it.
We both thought it was "meh". Beginning was great but game became boring as it went on. Choices don't mean shit. Basically two endings which you can choose no matter what. Comparable to Beyond Two Souls.
>>
Someone post the SFM of that guy blowing her brains out then cumming in her cunny
>>
>>358286681
6/10 at best. mediocre writing, most characters were shallow as shit, gameplay sucked even for a story game. it was only well-received due to the setting and >muh nostalgia
>>
>>358287131
there were a lot of moments that had my eyes rolling out of boredom. the investigation parts were cool though. Also did anyone like Chloe?
>>
I got the first episode in a HIB and tried to give it a shot, but couldn't make it past the first hour because the dialog was fucking awful. Or as Life is Strange would have put it, the dialog is "totes hella sadface."

It feels like the dialog is written by a middle aged foreigner whose entire knowledge and experience with American teenagers has come from watching one too many shows written by Joss Whedon. And by "feels like," I mean that's exactly what fucking happened.
>>
>>358287424
why they decided to write dialog like that is beyond me.
>>
did you guys guess the actual killer before they showed it?
>>
The time crash at the end was spooky and well done. But the storm could have been something more meaningful than just a completely natural phenomenom, I wish it had been tied as a result of overuse of her powers instead, like the time crash actually affecting the city as a whole, and that was what destroyed it. Not just "undo this choice you've made days before inside a closed building and suddenly weather patterns are fixed again"
>>
Worst purchase I've ever made.
Bunch of hipster beta faggot garbage
>>
>>358287616
By the time they reached the abandoned barn I was more or less expecting it to be revealed that Samuel was also a member of the Prescott family and he was behind everything
>>
It's been close to year now since I first finished Life is Strange, and more than eight months since I completed the game a second time. I loved it both times, and I even wrote a piece of post-canon fanfiction about the narrative - if you're interested, it can be found here or here.
But what I find to be most remarkable about Life is Strange's story, is that I'm still thinking about the game so long after I've finished it. At times, I still find myself thinking about the choices I've made, and whether they were the 'right' ones. I’m still thinking about Warren and the way he feels about Chloe, and I’m still thinking about the pain Chloe has felt ever since her father died and Max left her.
The ending I selected has also managed to ring true. Instead of your typical our-love-is-impossible tearful finale, the audience is presented with a protagonist that is willing to defy what would typically be expected of her. Rather than making a sacrifice for some abstract ‘greater good’, Max decides she wants to have Chloe at her side, even in the face of disaster and destruction, and even though the blue-haired girl is willing to give her life for her (girl)friend. It’s a beautiful and powerful expression of love between these two girls, and truly a signal of unconditional acceptance toward each other and their many faults - defining a relationship that is both heartbreaking and heartwarming all at once.
I’m aware that the game’s ending received some criticism, but those critiques have never carried the day for me. What did, were the ways in which Life is Strange, Chloe, and Max have managed to stay alive long after the credits rolled, and the screen turned black for the very last time.
And that is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>358286681
>game
>>
>>358287957
I finished the day it came out, but still thinking about it. It's always great to see others who do as well. :)
About the ending: I'll be honest, I didn't really like it (along with EP5) at the time, but it grew on me with time. I watched interviews with the devs, read how others interpreted each ending, and so I got to appreciate them more. But thinking back, I was waiting for 3 months for the finale, and I was so hyped about it, I'm not sure any ending would have lived up to my standards. I think this was the case with many people back then. How I see it, is people who finished the game after all the episodes came out, are generally more accepting of the endings then the ones who had to wait for EP5. I mean I liked it better when I finished the game again, now in a shorter period of time. But I'm sure there are people like me, who even though didn't like it when the episode came out, learned to like it over time.
>>
i wish it would stayed more like veronica mars the video game sans the juno hipster dialog and time travel shit. the rewind power was a great way to replay the game without actually replaying it. it would have been nice if she could just rewind only it and just stayed high school mystery simulator it started out as.
>>
>>358288067
That's a smart observation, about playing the game episodically, or playing all of the episodes in relatively quick sucession. I played using the latter method, and it's very possible that caused me to be more accepting and positive towards the ending.
I think that it's also due to the fact that Life Is Strange isn't much of a sci-fi or mystery story. It's not designed to keep you keep you guessing about some sweeping supernatural plot-twist, but in a context where you have a lot of time to analyze every aspect of the narrative, people start doing so anyway. And I think that aspect makes the difference between seeing the ending as predictable, or considering it a logical end to the plot.
>>
>>358286808
>kill everyone for yuri
>they didnt lez out

fucking bullshit desu
>>
>>358287280
SOMEONE FUCKING POST IT
>>
>>358288152
Yeah, though I still think the episodic format helped the game. For one thing the hospital scene with Kate wouldn't have made it into the game since the devs said they put that in because the love Kate got from the community. But they said many changes were made throughout the development beacuse of the community feedback that wouldn't have happened if the game was released as a single, non-episodic game.
>>
i literally bawled my eyes out at this game, who did too?

it wasn't just the standard shed a tear , feal a bit of empathy for the characters type of thing, i legit cried from chapter 4 onwards and totally BAWLED my eyes out at the end of the game. I'm 23 male, if that puts any of it into context and would consider myself quite manly. I hope im not the only one...
>>
>>358287714
nathan was way too obvious and they never actually show his father so that eliminated them. david was almost decent red herring, and no one else really fit the bill. once you found the bunker it they pretty much bash you over the head with it.
>>
>>358287928
I really liked the information i read on the prescott family.
>>
File: 1478780042192.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1478780042192.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
>>358288315
are you baiting?
>>
>>358288315
We all did, you're not alone <3
>>
>>358287424
I think the dialogue gets a little better after the first episode. LiS gives a pretty terrible first impression.
>>
Chloe has cute hands.
>>
>>358288315
18M, did the same
Brother told me about this game sometime last year, but only decided to play it this summer. I think he told me that he got really sad from it, but I just thought "he's just being too emotional, no way I'm gonna start crying from some teen-drama-thingy"
I was wrong...
VERY wrong...
>>
>>358288315
Should probably be asking who didn't.
>>
>>358288395
I guess i was in denial but Nathan was too crazy to do those things on his own.
>>
Well, like any other "le choose your own path" games, the choices mean nothing because no matter what the game comes down to the last major choice which will give you two different endings.

Similar to "games" (more like interactive movies) like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, the Walking Dead series, etc.

Overall I enjoyed the experience. You got immersed quite a bit and actually started caring about the qt Max and her and Chloe's push to find the truth about Rachel
>>
>>358288315
Same man. Honestly when i saved her i felt abit relived but still kinda sad but when i saved everyone, i couldnt stop my eyes from watering up. I dont usual cry cause i dont really produce that much tears but man this game struck a coord
>>
>>358288315
>24, male, kickboxer/weightlifter.
i got dust in my eye when kate died
i tried my best to save her, just couldnt remember shit
>>
>>358288315
I think I only cried a little at the end of episode 4. And by a little I mean I had to get a new pillow.
>>
>>358288395
It never could have been David, he was guaranteed to be a fine, upstanding man from the moment it was established that he had a confrontational attitude with Chloe.

Honestly the only thing that threw me off the actual killer's scent was the fact that the entire game was very... Tumblr-esque in tone and I simply could not expect them to go that route at the end.
>>
>>358288315
>>358288663
>>358288749
21M. Bearded. 6'4", 230. Cried like a bitch.
Welcome to the club! :D
>>
>>358288742

But heavy rain had a lot of endings anon
>>
>>358288742
In Japanese visual novels, the choices do actually matter.

Only western visual novels are stupidly designed like this.
>>
>>358288216
JUST DO IT YOU PUSSIES
>>
>>358288315
when i had to hear Chloe get shot for the last time.
>>
Congratulations, you have discovered that you like a game made for teenage girls that has plot-holes and bad writing out the asshole along with reddit-tier memeing.
>>
Just beat the game, I think i've emerged a different person. Holy shit. In any case.... looking at all my choices and things i missed, I thought I'd ask, is it really cool to re-play and do opposites?
>>
File: 1460506885639.png (17KB, 549x308px)
1460506885639.png
17KB, 549x308px
max is desmond
chloe is charlie

no matter what max can't save her. chloe accepts it and offers to sacrifice herself. but then lol fuck the town.
>>
>>358288742
Honestly i cared about Rachel a bit more than the rest. I wanted to find the truth and that is what kept me going.
>>
The obvious problem is choices don't matter. Both endings are essentially nothing you did in the game matter.

Other problems include limited cast and thus you have limited people you interact with.
How you caused the storm isn't exactly explained other than a butterfly ripoff.
So Chloe's breathing throws off the equilibrium of the world enough to cause a fucking tornado?
>>
>>358288993
>Honestly i cared about Rachel a bit more than the rest.

same here. really wish the game had stayed a murder mystery and max was just a normal kid. instead of the other students being just photo ops you could actually team up with them with each offering different ways to solve the game. i really enjoyed it despite the horrible dialog up until she could wormhole into photos.
>>
"game"
>>
>>358289070
wasn't the storm from max fucking with the timelines?
>>
>>358288850
FUCKING POST IT ALREADY
>>
>>358289273
the wormhole was a bit much i think. I liked how she could freeze time though.
>>
I would've liked it way more if Chloe were a more likeable character.

Fucking up the dialogue with whatsherface Catholic girl made me a little sad
>>
>>358289408
No, the storm itself seems to be entirely mundane in nature, it shows no overt connection to time anomalies.
Which was a pity. The intro made it look like it was the literal end of the world itself what with that gigantic tornado from hell.
>>
>>358286681
>choices
>only the last one matters
pick one, dotnod

but since you asked,
>tried to save kate, but guessed wrong family member, didnt see message on her board
>blamed nathan
>kissed chloe
>killed drug guy
>beat up nathan
>sacrificed town
>>
>>358289557
>I would've liked it way more if Chloe were a more likeable character.
This. Victoria was way more likable.
>>
>Get kate killed
>Blamed Jefferson (Lucky guess)
>Kept purity
>Made good with drug man
>Let Nathan get the shit kicked out of him
>Pulled out alternate Chloe's life support
>Sacrificed Chloe
>>
>>358289672
couldn't save kate either. felt like shit.
>>
>>358289853
>Pulled out alternate Chloe's life support
what happened after that?
>>
>>358290010

You leave the alternate universe right after, so you don't see the after effect of her parents walking into Chloe's room to discover her best friend mercy killed her.
>>
File: 1466994859603.png (1MB, 1280x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1466994859603.png
1MB, 1280x1512px
I tend to believe the journey is more important than the destination so I loved this game, even with the weak endings. I feel bad for the people that are so caught up on the last 5 minutes they could no longer enjoy the entire previous experience.
>>
>>358288846
Heavy Rain was probably the best one of the genre, simply because of this. I mean the endings weren't TOOO different... it just had multiple playable characters and if you could keep them all alive, you'd get more gameplay and various cut scenes detailing their life after the ending.

Until Dawn was similar in this regard with an ending depending on how many people you save at the end.
>>
how do you guys not save kate?

i fucked up one of the dialogs on the roof and still talked her down
>>
>>358288315
I'm going to rightly assume this is bait. But with the current state of /v/ this might as well be real.
>>
>>358289672
>>358289947
Kate was the only one I abused the save feature for. I thought it was bullshit they let you use your rewind power all game to explore every outcome but then suddenly throw you that loop of "oh no my power doesnt work in this specific situation".

Picked the wrong family member, so I paused the game as she fell to the ground and reload to last check point. Got it right 3rd time through or so.
>>
>>358289453
>he gave up already
>>
>>358290536
It wasn't bullshit, it was the best part of the game.
>>
>>358290219
poor joyce
>>
>>358290536
>"oh no my power doesnt work in this specific situation".

i thought it was because she overused it just to get to the roof in time and by the time she got there she was "spent"
>>
>>358290261
my favorite moments was max putting the pieces together during the investigation.
>>
>>358290639

They spent a shitton of moneys on her medical equipment. They can cry into $100 bills now
>>
>>358290639
Although during the time crash sequence you do find a note from Joyce.
WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID. THERE ISN'T A SINGLE TIMELINE WHERE YOU CAN HIDE FROM US ANYMORE.
>>
>>358287320
>muh nostalgia
wut?
>>
>>358287714
I replayed the first episode and noticed all the pictures Jefferson had were of teenage girls and joked he was the killer.
>>
>>358286681
is this teen drama tv show the game?
>>
>>358290509
there was a choice where i picked the father instead of the sister. Then the bible versus and didn't pick Mathew. And she jumped off.
>>
File: 1448489471293.gif (2MB, 438x363px) Image search: [Google]
1448489471293.gif
2MB, 438x363px
>not admitting you liked it just because you got to play as a cute teen lesbian

ADMIT

IT
>>
>>358290826
nostalgia doesn't have to refer to video games, and has been used to refer to high school memories for a long time.
>>
>>358290536
when i couldn't rewind time there, it scared the shit outta me. Cause the choices were more sensitive and once i messed up it was for good.
>>
>>358290827

"Seriously though, I could frame any one of you in a dark corner, and capture you in a moment of desperation."

The quote suddenly made so much more sense
>>
I loved it.
It was a journey, that made me feel many emotions. The puzzles were fun and unique, characters were deep and surprisingly memorable. The soundtrack was amazing, but the ending was kinda meh.

Now I am going to leave the thread without reading any of the posts. Because half this board has never played the game, but feels the need to chime in thst it's shit because they think it's SJW propaganda from trailers or something. Or they think watching a let's play of someone shitting on it is the same thing as playing it.
>>
>>358286681
It annoyed me that they built up the prescott family and their involvement with the town with no payoff. They even start dropping hints like Prescotts building bomb shelters all over town that make it seem like they might somehow know about the storm. Then it just turns into the same contrived butterfly effect bullshit you get in 99 percent of time travel stories.

The murder mystery/conspiracy angle was the compelling part. The time travel powers were just the vehicle for exploring that. Then they decided to make the time travel stuff the only thing that mattered.
>>
>>358290692
I thought that was actually cool how i couldn't use rewind to replay the scene. wish that would of happened more often.
>>
>>358290763
wait seriously?
>>
>>358290942
that was a bonus. i liked it was because it was (almost) a decent modern hardy boys/nancy drew visual novel game. they should have never started with the time travel shit.
>>
>>358290587
I was sorting my webms and trying to figure out an online storage situation. Well, back to it

>>358289453
JUST POST IT ALREADY YOU NIGGERS
>>
>>358291213
>implying you or anyone else on 4chan would have even tried the game out without its lesbian and time travel gimmicks
>>
>>358290985
I read that in his voice. He got so much more interesting when he his true colors were revealed.
>>
>>358291106
I actually was satisfied with the teacher as the culprit angle. It was well developed and a nice twist. Nathans role and obvious problems and his families negligence still played a role and made sense in the story so i didn't feel like was wasting my time. Everything after you escape his room is complete shit though. I agree about the time travel, it was an extremely cool mechanic but i was more engaged with the material mystery than muh storm. I liked that from an artsy standpoint, but it could have been handled much better at the end.
>>
>>358291107
It was cool in a sense that it drove home the point that relying too much on your powers wasn't, for a lack of a better word, "virtuous".

At the end of the game, when you meet Time Max who is all "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME YOU LITTLE BITCH" about how bad a person you are about using time powers to "fake" having interest in people and make them friendly to you, I couldn't help but yawn at it because getting such a lecture was stupid; you could use it to do as much good as you could use it for selfish gain, and it felt forced to have a character bash you in the face for "toying with others".

But the Kate sequence was essentially the same message, but handled much better, because while by that point you had spent all dialogue sequences rewinding to get the right answers, suddenly in this very important one you couldn't do it anymore. You had to "prove" to the game, so to speak, that you truly cared about Kate and had taken the time to learn more about her problems and the things she cared about, despite there being no clear incentive to it.
>>
File: profbook.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
profbook.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
Last episode ruined it. Clearly rushed especially with that ending. Shame, with a little more effort it could have been a classic.
>>
>>358291106
I feel exactly the same. The prescott family were interesting people. I wanted to know how they know about the storm. Also how they were pretty much owning a lot of things. the police? they owned the school and they were making estates. I thought they were into drug cartels.
>>
>>358291442
The teacher can be the murderer without sacrificing the Prescott conspiracy. There was just too much there to drop it as a red herring. Prescotts own the police, employ them for off duty work, building bomb shelters all over town without explanation, note from Prescott senior about bringing Nathan into the fold.

You can't build that shit up and then just pull the rug out from under it. It wasn't necessary if all they wanted was a bomb shelter kill room for Jefferson to use. That doesn't require any real explanation or tie in to some larger powerful family to work.

It felt like Shutter Island, where they build up a mystery and then make it utterly mundane. It's only one step away from the, "but it was all a dream," sort of ending.
>>
>>358291273
STILL FUCKING WAITING FAGGOTS
>>
>>358291660
This.
The game gives you a crutch and then takes it from you. It shows how reliant on the power max really became. Makes you question is she really a hero, or is she just dependent on her power. It makes sense she couldn't use it to, restraints are never really clearly defined, but she couldn't concentrate or something makes sense and there was always a limit and effects of over use.
>>
>>358291660
True i started to pay attention more to the characters after that.
>At the end of the game, when you meet Time Max who is all "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME YOU LITTLE BITCH" about how bad a person you are about using time powers to "fake" having interest in people and make them friendly to you, I couldn't help but yawn at it because getting such a lecture was stupid; you could use it to do as much good as you could use it for selfish gain, and it felt forced to have a character bash you in the face for "toying with others".
it's like the game was tying to make you feel bad if you don't save the town.
>>
>>358291175
Yep, it says they had cameras in the room and saw you doing it

>>358291901
Bump in solidarity for this Anon.
>>
>>358291901
DOES THE RIDE EVER END?

>>358292724
thanks anon
>>
>>358291838
Shutter Island ending was fucking GOAT tier ending though. I take it you fucking hate kojima games and the sixth sense?
>>
>>358292931
>kojima games
let's not meme around for a second, the only Kojima game that even came close to that level of mind fuckery was MGS2 and it wasn't even worth the payoff from mediocre level design for 80% of the game
>>
>>358292931
I've only played MGS 1. I liked it fine. Not sure how it's relevant. Sixth Sense, similarly, is not at all like Shutter Island. Twist endings are fine. Twists that make the story more boring are not.

Shutter Island is literally a mystery whose ending is, "actually there was no mystery." Another example would be The Game. Both stories build up an elaborate secret or conspiracy and then, at the climax, reveal it all to be a ruse or a mistake. The point is that you shouldn't make your red herrings more interesting than your actual story. Because at that point, they don't feel like red herrings anymore and become the thing I care about.

It could be possible to do correctly, but you have to be very, very aware of what you're subverting when you do it. LiS certainly isn't. It even plays into one of the most overused time travel cliches while abandoning the bigger mystery it had spent four episodes building up.
>>
>>358286681
I decided to kill the town
it was the better choice :3
>>
>>358293261
So you are okay with a twist, but as long as it doesn't negate anything that happened in the story, I can see where you are coming from, but that's really just a preference thing. Personally i prefer that sort of thing because it just adds to the mindfuck. Though iirc, and this might have been different in the movie v.s. yhe book. Shutter Island ends with you not sure if he is actually crazy or they are judt fucking with him because he is on to something.
>>
>>358293414
Yes. I wasted my fucking time otherwise. And Chloe was the only person worth a damn anyway.
>>
>>358293505
The movie, as I recall, ends with him being revealed as crazy and then him just deciding to believe it anyways.

But this doesn't change the complaint. The point of a mystery is to uncover it. You're telling a genre story, so the same principle applies. If you're going to subvert genre conventions you oughtta be good at it. Zodiac, for example, does a much better job at presenting a mystery without a satisfying conclusion. Last second copouts that effectively make the rest of the story meaningless are not good subversions in the least.
>>
>>358293561
I felt way more satisfied saving the town.
>>
Was Kate still in the city when the storm hit.
This is a relevant question.
>>
>>358293561
>And Chloe was the only person worth a damn anyway.
Thank god I'll never be this beta. Is that you Anthony Burch? Kinda weird, considering that whiny cunt is voiced by your sister.
>>
>>358294282
Not him but, Max loves her and literally doesn't give a shit Arcadia Bay's people in entire game.
>>
File: her dream sequence.gif (2MB, 480x239px) Image search: [Google]
her dream sequence.gif
2MB, 480x239px
>>358287053
>cucked Chloe
are u sure
>>
>>358288203
Ironically enough, they kiss in the other ending
>>
>>358287101
You're really bad at summing things up m8
>>
>>358294282
>this beta
I never said I was sexually attraced to her faggot.
Its not a matter of huurr Id do it for a girl. I didnt even do lesbian Max. She just is simply the only person in arcadia bay worth a damn, its a fact independent of gender.
>>
File: 1479364059511.jpg (53KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1479364059511.jpg
53KB, 500x383px
>>358294128
>did choose the most illogical option
>he more satisfied by doing that
>tfw I will be more satisfied when I saw their faces while storm was coming to wipe out the town again
>>
>>358295669
This Killing Arcadia bay was the main reason for the option. Saving Chloe was just a bonus.
>>
>>358295330
that whole scene was too funny.
>Victoria and Chloe.
>>
>>358295530
>I didnt even do lesbian Max
actually, that's not up to you

>if you don't kiss blue haired chick she says she regretted that she didn't kiss her
>if you kiss blue haired chick she says she wants to kiss her again and doesn't regret that any second
>in the end she says she did hurt by Chloe's actions in her nightmare,about flirting people,and questions herself about if it's love
>>
>>358295835
>if you don't kiss blue haired chick she says she regretted that she didn't kiss her
Not in a lesbian way though.

>in the end she says she did hurt by Chloe's actions in her nightmare,about flirting people,and questions herself about if it's love
I dont remember this, but I am not even sure of what you are saying.
>>
>>358295771
>implying Bay ending is logical
In their original intentions Chloe will live in both endings.

In original Bay ending Chloe wouldn't die, they'd put her in a coma instead.But they've changed this during the development and ruined all time-travel rules.

Only thing that they didn't change was Sacrifice Town ending.And it had been there since Episode 1's release.
>>
>>358295930
>Not in a lesbian way though.
sure they are just gal pals moite.
>I dont remember this, but I am not even sure of what you are saying.
see? because you don't know shit.
>>
>>358295669
i'm good.
>>
I was loving it until the 5th chapter ruined absolutely everything and I got so salty I ended up hating the whole experience.
>>
>>358296039
you are an asshole
>>
>>358296035
>sure they are just gal pals moite.
Yes that is what is implied.
>see? because you don't know shit.
Most of if it is likely that you are incapable of articulating yourself, or comprehending what is happening in the story.
>>
>>358295530
If you unironically thought that Chloe was anything other than a whiny annoying cunt 90% of the time, you might have brain damage. Max saved her life countless times, sacrificed a metric fuckton for her, yet Chloe still is an angsty bitch. By the end of the game, I was so fucking happy the game gave me the option to kill her. Everyone else who was a piece of shit in the game redeemed themselves (barring the teacher), but I guess Dontnod didn't think Chloe needed redeeming.
>>
>>358295980
>implying Bay ending is logical
it's not. Utalitarian calculus says go back in time and let chloe die. But I am not spock. I want to burn down Arcadia bay even if it is illogical.

>In original Bay ending Chloe wouldn't die, they'd put her in a coma instead.But they've changed this during the development and ruined all time-travel rules.
Interesting you got sauce on that? it makes no sense to me why they would include that ending, barring people like me who want to watch Arcadia Bay burn, I'm not sure why anyone would choose to save Chloe if she doesn't die either way. Or are you implying you wouldn't know she is in a coma, until you let her get shot?
>>
File: 1478527343121.jpg (91KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
1478527343121.jpg
91KB, 459x612px
>>358295930
>>358296184
>game gives you an option for kiss her
>however indepenant of your choices they flirt with each other entire game
>however indepenant of your choices mc writes subtly implies that she has hots for her in her journal
>but they are just bffs
>>
>>358296184
>Yes that is what is implied.
source:his ass
>>
>>358296307
>Everyone else who was a piece of shit in the game redeemed themselves
Warren never redeemed himself. True beta faggot till the end. This game made me understand why women hate people like that. Guy made me want to drive a nail through my ears. Fucking annoying ass texts I didn't give a shit about to.
Anyway Chloe represented a sense of adventure, sneaking in the school, shooting the bottles etc. Everyone else was a tight ass or to far off the other side of the spectrum. She was a loser but still cared about max, and had complex feelings about being such a fuck up. Her life was shit but she still put on a smile everyday and made you laugh. I can respect that.
>>
>>358296372
>however indepenant of your choices they flirt with each other entire game
you are projecting this into the story. Might as well say all the characters in FFXV wanna bang to cause of the bromance.
>however indepenant of your choices mc writes subtly implies that she has hots for her in her journal
No she doesn't that "subtle implication" is in your head.
>>
>>358296482
I guess I'll chalk it up to us being different people, because I thought basically the opposite. Warren was clearly a beta, but it didn't offend me like Chloe.
>>
>>358296313
>it's not. Utalitarian calculus says go back in time and let chloe die. But I am not spock. I want to burn down Arcadia bay even if it is illogical.
Bay ending is Sacrifice Chloe ending. So I was stating that Sacrificing Chloe is actually stupid as fuck.
>>
File: warren.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
warren.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
>>358296482
>>358296626
cringy bitch.

glad that max was cucking him no matter what you choose
>>
>>358286681
story was good. dialogue and some characters were horrendous
>>
>>358296787
Shut up, anon. you are that guy thats why youre so mad
>>
>>358296558
>you are projecting this into the story.
>No she doesn't that "subtle implication" is in your head.
nice blind assumption.
seriously play the game, read the journal entries next time.because i'm not bullshitting here.
>>
>>358296715
>So I was stating that Sacrificing Chloe is actually stupid as fuck.
It saves more lives. by a considerable margin.
>>
>>358296558
>Might as well say all the characters in FFXV wanna bang to cause of the bromance.
Why the hell are you relating Max and Chloe's relationship with those fags and shitty fans' headcanons? They don't have anything to do with them.
>>
>>358297023
>''going back into time is what caused the storm.so let's go back into time and fix this shit?''
>it saves more lives so it's logical
>but let's ignore that if storm will be come back again someday
I meant it isn't loyal to time-travel rules in this game.
>>
>>358286681
I like it.
>>
File: dogpuking.jpg (115KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dogpuking.jpg
115KB, 720x960px
>>358296878
> you are that guy thats why youre so mad
i'm girl you idiot
>>
You made sure my baby girl Victoria didn't get captured right /v/
>>
>>358297289
>I meant it isn't loyal to time-travel rules in this game.
Oh I see. I mean think the implication was not that going back in time itself that caused the storm, but that it was a series of events chained by saving Chloes life and altering the future through time travel.
So going back in time was a logical thing to do as you could undo the butterfly effect by returning events such as chloes death to be how they originally occurred, rather than what you altered them to be. Butterfly theory isnt that hard to grasp.
>but let's ignore that if storm will be come back again someday
I also believe it was implied there was no reason to believe this would happen.

I still think it is fucking stupid though, the game fails to create a causal link between chloe surviving and the storm. You cant just say "bcuz butterfly effect"

When doing butterfly effect you still have to explain it.
You cant just say, he went back in time and changed a bunch of stuff, then the world ended. and then just know, oh yeah it must of been cause I stepped on that butterfly without even explaining it.
YOu would have to have a link, the butterfly is what inspired the communists to burn down the nazi offices, because they did not, hitler never came to power, because of this no holocaust, because of this jews took over the world, because of this they brought about the end of the world. And then you have to explain why the pro tag knows this.

See Steins;gate for this idea explored properly.
>>
>>358296787
Warren was about ready to fucking shoot up Arcadia bay anyway. That's what the sequel should be about.
>>
>>358297934
>Oh I see. I mean think the implication was not that going back in time itself that caused the storm, but that it was a series of events chained by saving Chloes life and altering the future through time travel.
And there were literally no evidence of Chloe's death'd stop the storm.She was dying entire game because she was always in goddamn trouble,even towns people,Max has unavoidable (rewind-necessary)deaths.

>So going back in time was a logical thing to do as you could undo the butterfly effect by returning events such as chloes death to be how they originally occurred, rather than what you altered them to be. Butterfly theory isnt that hard to grasp

Briefly, butterfly effect means, if you made changes you'll cause a disaster.But that butterfly photo has been taken after our second time visit to the bathroom (this means she'd already answered Jefferson's question, ripped contest photo in the past,already rewound the time and teleported herself into the classroom etc) So that was their version of butterfly effect.But it still doesn't make sense because they've changed endings' intention during development.Game actually blamed Max's powers (using her powers in the first place that's how she saved that girl's life)

When Jefferson killed Chloe storm was still coming, when you saved her dad before five years, storm should've hit the town before five years but it was still coming when Max returned to AU.

Not mention Max has seen a tornado vision BEFORE she saved that girl's life in the bathroom and teleported herself into the classroom while it isn't possible to do this in-game.(And devs admitted that they've ignored some rules)
>>
>>358297934
The big thing to me, is that precise circumstances of Chloe's death change regardless. In the original timeline, it occurred with Max rushing out from behind the stalls while Nathan was still in the bathroom. In the revised death, Max huddles in the corner and waits it out.

How is Chloe's death/not death meaningful, but Max' immediate actions in response are not, on a cosmic scale, such that only one results in a super storm?

It comes across less as a butterfly effect, where the smallest change ripples outward with significant consequences, and more that the timestream has it's own opinions on things. It's as though father time is a moralizing killjoy who can't stand the fact that you might act within your means to save a life. So out of revenge, he decides to destroy everything around you.
>>
>>358297934
I know neither of endings are canon.
But let's say they go with Bay ending then they will make ''storm will be still coming'' idea canon anyway.Because if you follow game events time travel part I mean, this's the only thing that makes sense.

Plus they kept everything ambiguous about supernatural shit so we just don't know.Hell they didn't explain Rachel Amber's story and her spiritual doe version etc.
>>
File: spock-image.jpg (28KB, 396x300px) Image search: [Google]
spock-image.jpg
28KB, 396x300px
>>358296313
>It's Max's overuse of her power that's causing the tornado
>Solution is to go back to bathroom and let Chloe die
>Because if it wasn't for that meeting in the bathroom, Max would have never discovered her power
>So apparently the idea is to make a timeline where Max never discovers her power
>But we already did this (alt universe/w Wheelie Chloe), and the same paranormal events were still happening at exactly the same times
>Let's ignore that for the moment, and point out Max discovered her power as a direct result of seeing Chloe die
>Presumably, Chloe not dying would have the same effect (actually a better chance) at stopping her from discovering her powers
>But this is what we actually did in the first rewind, went back to the bathroom and engineered a scenario where Chloe didn't die, so Max wouldn't have to rewind
>Ah, but that was after Max had already rewound once. Maybe the butterfly photo takes you back to the first time Max enters the Bathroom.
>Except that we had to re-take the Butterfly photo the second time we went into the bathroom, so that photo should lead to the second time Max entered the bathroom, where she already has her powers
> And they already established with photographing Kate and David, that you don't get to keep the photos after a rewind (except for the purposes of the optional photo collection thing, you don't keep them in game).
>So the photo must lead to the post-rewind bathroom
>Whateva, let's ignore that for the moment as well and assume the photo does take Max back to the first time she enters the bathroom
>Then since this is the first time in the bathroom, doing exactly what she did the second time, triggering the alarm and saving Chloe, would have prevented her from discovering her powers. Since letting Chloe die the first time around is actually what led to Max discovering her powers.
Spock'd laugh with his ass off this stupidity desu.
>>
Found the game completely boring that I had to stop at episode 3. Kate died in our playthrough, said her mom cared about her lol
We didn't even care about it either. The concept of the game is interesting but the execution could've been way better. The game did nothing to have a tight grip on us. Before playing lis, we finished both seasons of the walking dead. Since we wanted to play more games like that, we picked up life is strange. It's 5th and final episode just came out too and we were hyped..... For about an hour.

Now, I play games like this with friends and family. It's nice to get other people's take on what to do or say. After all, these are interactive movies/shows. Unfortunately we all hated it and decides to drop it. We did care a tiny bit, but the game just panned out in a lame and boring way.
I found out what happens through a friend and I was shocked about it being the teacher... We thought it was Chloes step dad or something. As for the sacrifice... Guess it would've been sad.
In the end, that's just our opinion on the game. It could've been much better or more interesting considering the whole time travel concept.
>>
>>358286681
>Did you guys enjoy the game or hate it?
It's not a game, so I hated it
>>
>>358298395
>And there were literally no evidence of Chloe's death'd stop the storm.She was dying entire game because she was always in goddamn trouble,even towns people,Max has unavoidable (rewind-necessary)deaths.
Agreed. I never said otherwise. That's why the ending was bullshit.

>Game actually blamed Max's powers
I dont think so, hell event he picture of the butterfly pretty much hamfisted what they were going for.

I cant speak for cut content or anything that changed, if you can link me that would be interesting.

>Briefly, butterfly effect means, if you made changes you'll cause a disaster.
It just means changing a minor event can have a rippling effect.

>When Jefferson killed Chloe storm was still coming, when you saved her dad before five years, storm should've hit the town before five years but it was still coming when Max returned to AU.
I think the orignal death was specifically what set it off.

>Not mention Max has seen a tornado vision BEFORE she saved that girl's life in the bathroom and teleported herself into the classroom while it isn't possible to do this in-game.
Admittedly yes this is a huge gaping hole.

>How is Chloe's death/not death meaningful, but Max' immediate actions in response are not, on a cosmic scale, such that only one results in a super storm?
This could be justified and make sense... IF THEY ACTUALLY EXPLAINED THE FUCKING CAUSAL LINK. We dont know what exactly it is about chloe dying in the washroom that causes the storm, so we cant gauge what can and cant be changed. its fucking dumb.
>>
>>358298771
>Because if it wasn't for that meeting in the bathroom, Max would have never discovered her power
Holy fuck, the ending makes slightly more sense to me now. its not just chloes death, its to remove her entire knowledge of the power. its still full of holes, but somehow seems less retarded to me now. Now nothing has changed. fair enough.

Also my spock comment was because I thought he meant the decision to burn down arcadia was illogical from a person making a choice/knowing the outcome perspective.
>>
File: 1431295202515.png (76KB, 441x411px)
1431295202515.png
76KB, 441x411px
>Tags: Choices Matter
>>
>>358286681
I played it in a few days when all five episodes was out, I liked it. The ending was too short, the girls were super cute.
>>
>>358298771
>Presumably, Chloe not dying would have the same effect (actually a better chance) at stopping her from discovering her powers
Sure but then you would still have drastically altered the events of time. might as well keep your powers at that point.
>>
>>358299138
>I dont think so, hell event he picture of the butterfly pretty much hamfisted what they were going for.
Game's dialogues has been implying that saving Chloe's life in bathroom=Max's enabling her powers in the first place is what caused the storm (which's stupid as fuck) About where Max's powers were come from, they couldn't explain it, said ''it's magic maybe?''

>I cant speak for cut content or anything that changed, if you can link me that would be interesting.
I wasn't talking about the cut content there.I've only said they've changed Bay (sacrifice chloe) ending a little bit during Episode 4's development (i know this from game's leaks) But devs've agreed on they've ignored some time-travel rules for those choices.That's why I'm saying Bay ending's consclucion doesn't make sense and they kept everything ambigious instead.
>>
>>358286681
It is like the most perfect representation of teenagers I have ever seen, and I really REALLY THINK they know this and do everything ironically because how stupid teenagers are.

Other than that though, it's fucking awful and the time stuff was just a "oh wow we've got time stuff". It was stupidly flat for a plot device with like limitless potential.

Nega Max was the best.
Fuck chloe.
>>
>>358293414
It's canonically the best choice.
But both endings are shit to be honest.
>>
>>358286681
Chloe was horrifically unlikeable so the main choice was never a choice at all, I just clicked kill her without blinking
The writing wasn't all that great and the gameplay was almost non-existent. Soundtrack is pretty nice but I'd say that's the best part honestly. I put it equal with Gone Home in terms of "art" games that have no real substance
>>
>>358287332
I liked Chloe and Max both. They were super cute.

I wanted them to fuck.
>>
>Hey max lets do the shit I want to do
>also fuck you
>and fuck everyone else
>and you know what? fuck me too!
>fuck
>...
>hey do you wanna smoke weed and shoot someones dog?
>>
>>358299230
>Holy fuck, the ending makes slightly more sense to me now. its not just chloes death, its to remove her entire knowledge of the power. its still full of holes, but somehow seems less retarded to me now. Now nothing has changed. fair enough.
It does slightly more sense? Photo has been taken second time rewind in bathroom where did she already used her powers couple of times.
And for stupid reason you have to let Chloe die because you've discovered powers by that;but let's ignore you've already made changes,saw tornado vision before all of these fuckery.Plus Max knows everything and already fucked up realities so how the fuck her existence,knowledge about everything wouldn't change anything at this point?
So time travel part is absolutely stupid.
>>
>>358299631
>self-inserted main character
Sure thing,Todd
>>
Oh yeah and giving the main character the same surname as the protagonist of Catcher in the Rye is just about the most unsubtle shit I've ever seen
>>
>>358299703
Truly is best girl.
>>
Do the writers know how awful and hypocritical everyone is?

This just feels like one elaborate joke that I'm laughing at and everyone else is laughing, but they're not laughing at the same time and it's kind of weird. Like do they get it or are they just laughing cause other people are laughing,
wait are they not joking cause then maybe I don't get it or something.
>>
File: 1435808774490.png (99KB, 236x257px) Image search: [Google]
1435808774490.png
99KB, 236x257px
>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW, who actually think everyone in Arcadia Bay died
>telephone poles still standing upright, power lines still attached
>buildings with light damage, still standing
>trees still in the ground near the shoreline
>literally not even EF2 levels of damage
>''everyone is dead''
>>
File: Everybody ded.jpg (366KB, 1161x739px) Image search: [Google]
Everybody ded.jpg
366KB, 1161x739px
>>358300169
>It would be all be grim and horrible but for one thing
>Imagination Lord failed to imagine what the damage from a violent tornado would actually look like
>Instead we got most of the buildings intact
>Worst damage to one building that had its walls collapse,the roof was intact though (really strange- that sort of damage is consistent with an earthquake,not a tornado)
>Another building just had small bit of one wall collapsed,otherwise fine.
>Everything else just had loose wood and broken picket fences piled against it,broken signs and other superficial shit.
>Acidentally managed to imply the majority of the town survived,90% of it will probably be running again with like a couple of days (just need to clean up the loose wood -way to reuse game assets)
Developers (Director:Michel Koch) is accidentally mitigated by the failing of their own imagination.
>>
File: 250px-Longest.jpg (27KB, 250x307px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Longest.jpg
27KB, 250x307px
I only care about the other point and click in a place called Arcadia and it's a million miles better than the garbage that is Life is Strange
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.