[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got this game. Should I play ALTTP first for the full experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: A_Link_Between_Worlds_cover.jpg (2MB, 1802x1595px) Image search: [Google]
A_Link_Between_Worlds_cover.jpg
2MB, 1802x1595px
Just got this game. Should I play ALTTP first for the full experience?
>>
>>348247596
If you want, I didn't and it was really good anyways
>>
>>348247596

If you do, you'll see how much better ALTTP was and how derivative ALBW is, and you will hate it.
>>
>>348249661
this
>>
Play ALttP first, because A Link Between Worlds was shit.
>achieves non-linearity in the laziest way possible (by making ALL TOOLS/ITEMS purchasable from the start)
>dungeons are piss easy and aren't exciting to go through since they don't bear any new tools/items
>so easy, you can buy all the tools/items and not die like an idiot would to such a casual-tier game
>no noteworthy or likable characters
>rehashing of ALttP's overworld, sound effects, music, etc. (pretty much feels like a nostalgia cash-grab, in general)
Don't bother giving me that "BUT IT'S THE FIRST GOOD ZELDA IN A LONG TIME" shit.
Getting tired of having to copy and paste this from my "WORDS THAT KILL" folder.
>>
>>348247596
Yes, stupid
>>
>>348250092
>rehashing of ALttP's overworld, sound effects, music, etc. (pretty much feels like a nostalgia cash-grab, in general)
It's a direct sequel, you fucking idiot.

>Getting tired of having to copy and paste this from my "WORDS THAT KILL" folder.
You mean your "shitpost copy pasta" folder.
>>
>>348247596
the two only have a vauge storyline connection so you won't miss out on much. The only thing you won't "get" is all the nostalgic moments like the similar world layout and music etc
>>
>>348247596
Don't listen to these fucking idiots. LBW makes LttP look like the dated piece of shit it always was.
>>
>>348250092
>achieves non-linearity in the laziest way possible (by making ALL TOOLS/ITEMS purchasable from the start)

How is this bad? The only thing I thought that was a little dumb is being able to buy a somewhat mystical item like the Tornado Rod, but for things like bombs and arrows it makes perfect sense. There's no reason why the only plain bow and arrow or hookshot in all of the land should be locked away in some dungeon.
>>
This is sort of a remake of LTTP.
And I like LBW better.
>>
>>348250212
>It's a direct sequel, you fucking idiot
OH, so it's okay when all direct sequels of games (even ones that are made YEARS later) reuse assets from games instead of making assets that are NEW to this NEW game??
I'm gonna assume your favorite game series is Neptunia.
>>348250573
>How is this bad?
>but for things like bombs and arrows it makes perfect sense
That's my point. ALL TOOLS/ITEMS are purchasable, leaving no room for mystery/discovery.
>>
>>348250919
>You're literally in the same land
>WTF WHY IS EVERYTHING THE SAME!?

You're a "special" boy, aren't you?
>>
>>348250092
>no noteworthy or likable characters
Objectively wrong. Especially in comparison to LttP.
>>
>>348250919
>no room for mystery or discovery
except for the pieces you'd need to upgrade your weapons, and more specifically, the sword upgrades.
>>
>>348247596
it's honestly bad. just play link to the past.
>>
>>348250092
>stupid opinions
>no valid criticism

Yep, it's a shitpost.

>Zelda Games
>Challenging
Pick one
>>
>>348247596
Don't let nostalgiafags persuade you. ALBW is a legit good game.
>>
>>348251117
Twilight Princess takes place in the same overworld as Ocarina of Time, but it's pretty different. I don't see how they could't do the same with ALttP's overworld (especially considering how much more powerful the 3DS is compared to the SNES).
>>348251278
When compared to the series as a whole, yes. They took a step back in that regard.
>>348251436
IIRC those aren't even required. They just make things a little easier.
>>
>>348247596
Just play a Link to the Past, which says a goddamn masterpiece, with challenging dungeons and tons of side content, and skip a Link Between Worlds, which is as much a sequel as Anchorman 2 was to Anchorman.
It's not even a little challenging. Every minute feels like a cash in on ALttP nostalgia. Every. Minute.
>>
>>348251941
I played ALttP 2 and a half years prior to ALBW and I'm >>348250092
>>
>>348247596

it really pisses me off that they claim this game is 100 years after ALttP, and everything is exactly the same. kakariko never expanded, links house still the same.... i mean wtf
>>
>>348252050
>Twilight Princess takes place in the same overworld as Ocarina of Time

No, it fucking doesn't, faggot.
>>
>>348250919
>reused assets
Name one reused asset.
>>
>>348250212

its set 100 years in the future, having everything the same is fucking retarded
>>
>>348251941
finally someone else says it
>>
>>348252229
It's Hyrule Field, dude.
>>348252296
Sound effects.
>>
>>348252109
>A game that literally numbers the dungeons for you in the order that needs to be followed
>challenging

Bro... Take off the nostalgia goggles and play the game again. It's easy as piss.
>>
>>348252317
Hyrule is an established kingdom, its not just gonna fall and completely change in 100 years, so by your logic anon, the USA should have changed all the town names, cityy names etc just because time passed
>>
File: you tried.jpg (343KB, 956x873px) Image search: [Google]
you tried.jpg
343KB, 956x873px
>>348252423
>It's Hyrule Field, dude.
>>
>>348252423
>Name one
>Says a plural
Can you read?
>>
File: 1466505157155.png (972KB, 784x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466505157155.png
972KB, 784x720px
>>348252423
>its hyrule field
you tried anon
>>
>>348252503
>>348252783
What's your point?
>>348252458
>town names, etc.
Bad example. Think about how many McDonald's restaurants have been built in the past 50 years.
>>
>>348247596
ALttP is a better game, but this one was fine too. I'd say play this first then go for ALttP. Both are piss easy, but even for how easy Zelda is in general ALBW takes the cake.
>>
>>348252875
This guy gets it. Kakariko Village didn't have a single fast food chain built.

Missed opportunity with Kakariko Fried Cuckoo, Nintendo!
>>
>>348252875
The point is that you're a retarded, jaded faggot blinded by nostalgia
>>
>>348253364
See >>348252135
>>
>>348253442
See >>348253364
>>
>>348252875
okay so industry grows so nothing is the same as 100 years ago? that doesnt mean everything should change, granted the sage guy sarashala or whatever should be long deadunless hes sarashala jr.
>>
>>348253553
Can you at least make sense?
>>348253631
Not everything is gonna change, of course. However, there's still gonna be change. Things can change in 100 years. Hylian Civilization started to thrive on land 100 years after Skyward Sword. Minish Cap shows that.
>>
>>348254517
yes, but you do realize they dont have much room for change left in LTTP also they arent at the beginning of civilization, they dont need to move that fast
>>
Link's Awakening DX is still the best
>>
>>348254701
>>348254517
I gotta add something to my point, but there has been changes throughout this version of hyrule its not exactly a 1 to 1 model
>>
You keep saying "ALL TOOLS / ITEMS are purchasable from the start". That's a blatant fucking lie. You have to wait til you finish the 3 first dungeons to buy some of them, you obtain others by looking for them, and you cannot get the sand rod until later on.
>>
I would suggest some people to hit their head really hard against a wall so they have no recollection of their experience with either game, and play ALBW first instead. Let's see what happens.
>>
>>348254746
This. It's the better ALttP sequel.
>>348254884
I remember there being a few changes, but at the same time, I still think Nintendo just lazily bloated ALttP's overworld into 3D out of sheer laziness instead of putting in effort.
It's the same thing with Pokemon OR/AS.
>>348256123
Really? IIRC you can go through any dungeon in any order at any time. I haven't played it since 2013, so I can't remember exactly.
>>348256249
I'd probably still like ALttP more because I wouldn't be breezing through every dungeon. Only thing ALBW has going for it (to me, at least) is the buttery smooth controls and being able to manually block with the shield.
>>
>>348249661
second post best post. ALBW is just a copy paste version with some new item management ideas. shit game.
>>
>>348250212
>It's a direct sequel, you fucking idiot.
MM was also a direct sequel to OoT and although it did reuse some assets, it had a plethora of new assets, items, overworld, and new story themes.

ALBW was just a lazy pos. Like most recent nintendo games, it was a lazy, soulless cashgrab.
>>
You should have played ALttP by now anyways you underage fuck.
>>
>>348249661
The only reason ALBW is really worse is *because* it's derivative though. Play ALBW first and it's a non-factor.
>>
Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are the only Zelda games that really necessitate playing a previous entry first. In both those cases, it's OoT. You can play ALBW before ALttP. The stories are barely related. It won't affect anything.
>>
>>348258949
the game is inheirently bad because it has no original ideas of its own. Like a zelda game from the Nintendo factory line. No soul in it. Just the right pieces put together to make it function.
>>
File: 1448732624580s.jpg (3KB, 102x125px) Image search: [Google]
1448732624580s.jpg
3KB, 102x125px
>>348259274
>no original ideas
I guess the new merging mechanic means dick all eh?
>>
File: Zelda_scenery.png (2MB, 850x997px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda_scenery.png
2MB, 850x997px
>best for story/atmosphere/lore

Wind Waker, Majora's Mask

>best """""game feel"""""

ALBW (it's up there you contrarian faggots), Minish Cap

>the "this is what Zelda actually is" tier

Zelda 1, Ocarina of Time, ALttP if you're a boring noncommittal queermo

>"I like actual brain teasers" tier

LA and only LA

>not all that special but still good

Oracles

>Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

>the trash

Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks (yes I played both, yes they're both shit), Wand of Gamelon, Zelda's Adventure, Faces of Evil

I left out a game because it hardly fits the mold even though it is better than the vast majority of what's listed here
>>
>>348259274
>the game is inherently bad

your mom inherently sucks dick, fuck outta here
>>
>>348249661
Take off your fucking nostalgia googles, ALTTP is dated with nothing but samey copy-paste dungeon, barebones combat, and push brick "puzzles". This game was a much needed overhaul.
>>
>>348261157
ALttP is a perfect example of "jack of all trades, master of none." It's enjoyable, it's competent at what it does, but absolutely nothing about what it does is anything special. Zelda 1 is better at being open-ended and ambiguous. OoT kind of IS just ALttP in 3D, but it's also better in almost every respect, minus bosses. ALttP does have the best bosses. Twilight Princess would be tied if it wasn't babbymode easy. (which is saying something since ALttP isn't hard to begin with)
>>
>>348261157
>This game was in much needed of a gimmick
>one that involves turning into a painting
Fix'd.
Other than that, this game is no way whatsoever a huge overhaul of ALttP besides being made in 3D/2.5D/whatever instead of 2D.
>>
>>348262081
It controls, like, a THOUSAND times better. It also has dungeons that are actually made to be completed in 10-15 minutes rather than this being the case purely out of bad design. Granted, some dungeons in ALttP like the Ice Palace do take longer than 15 minutes. This is also out of bad design. Turtle Rock is okay.
>>
>>348258657
>it did reuse some assets
>SOME

MM is literally a fucking OoT romhack

It's great but this is a terrible argument

nintenyearolds pls go
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.