[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /v/, let's hear what you have: post your preferred

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 27

File: civ.png (446KB, 580x388px) Image search: [Google]
civ.png
446KB, 580x388px
Okay /v/, let's hear what you have: post your preferred historical leader for one (or more) of the civilizations below and why they would be a good choice. If we can get enough entries for one civ, might set up polls to see which is the most popular.

Civs:
> America
> Arabia/Caliphate
> Aztec
> Brazil
> China
> Egypt
> England/Britain
> France
> Germany
> Greece
> India
> Japan
> Kongo
> Poland
> Rome
> Russia
> Scythia
> Spain
> Sumeria
>>
Why do people care about leaders again?

Playing as them is just a portrait in a corner somewhere, playing with them is just a person standing there during diplomacy menus
>>
>>347852909
>America
Franklin Roosevelt
>England
Victoria
>France
Louis XIV/Napoleon III/Charles de Gaulle
>Germany
Frederick the Great
>India
Somebody who's not Gandhi
>Japan
Meiji
>Russia
Peter the Great
>>
>>347852909
>> India

Shivaji, Indira Ghandi, or Ackbar the Great (Although I'd rather it be the latter two they would offend people in India though because Hindus got beef with Ackbar the Great and Sikhs fucking killed Indira Ghandi)
>>
>>347853291
Because seeing a Medici lead France is beyond infuriating for anyone who knows anything about the subject.
>>
>>347852909
Well now you succeeded.
>>
>>347853291
It's going to matter a lot more from here on out considering that agendas and more personality variation are in the game, so even if you don't care for history it's going to matter more gameplay-wise.
>>
>>347852909
> America
Abe Lincoln
> Arabia/Caliphate
Does Tamerlane count? If not then Salah al-Din
> Aztec
Replace with Inca and make it Pachacuti
> Brazil
Don't care
> China
Qin
> Egypt
Could also be Saladin, Baibars would be cool too. If you want ancient Egypt I would go with Ramesses II or Hatshepsut if you want a woman
> England/Britain
Alfred the Great or William the Conqueror
> France
Napoleon or Charlemagne
> Germany
Charlemagne or Bismarck
> Greece
Alcibiades or Alexander the Great
> India
Akbar
> Japan
Tojo
> Kongo
Replace with Boko Haram and their leader who keeps on coming back from the dead and trolling the Nigerian government
> Poland
That asshole who united with Lithuania and destroyed the Teutonic order
> Rome
Augustus and make him completely overpowered. Augustus was the best leader ever
> Russia
Peter the Great
> Scythia
>implying the most barbaric barbarians are a civilization
> Spain
Franco
> Sumeria
Hammurabi
>>
>>347852910
His armies consisted of poorly trained losers who folded the second any real opposition hit them.
Absolutely bullshit. Wehrmacht had a great cadre of officers with a lot of experience, and by 1941 their troops were the most experienced in the world. It was not until most of those were wasted in the Ostfront that Wehrmacht started to overflow with volksturm-tier kids.

>Tanks that were so overdesigned that they stretched already poorly done logistical lines to the breaking point
Hitler didn't interfere into the tank industry until the design conflict between Henshel and Porsche over the first Tiger. And BOTH of those were overdesigned already without any of his involvement, just like Pz III and IV were. That is the result of the entire German tank construction philosophy taking a dead-end road, and that was achieved by German head engineers like Ferdinand Porsche, not by Hitler.

>and an "eleet soldier class" that was only good for killing civilians and gassing Jews
You are talking out of your ass - Waffen SS had real elite forces as well as the camp-guarding scrubs.

>>347853539
>Wasting millions, if not billions of reichmarks on stone and concrete work projects to try and emulate Roman architecture
I can point you at another nation that desperately tried to emulate Roman architecture when also strapped in cash. But somehow you don't hate it's leaders of the period. On the contrary - you carve their faces into a mountain.
>>
>>347855525
>Hammurabi
>Sumerian
Also Alcibiades was a fag and a shit leader
>>
>>347856076
Alcibiades was an incredible strategist and leader. Notice how every time he joined a nation's council they would do significantly better. The only reason he was run out of town multiple times was because jealous politicians trumping up charges on him. There's a reason Athens begged to have him back after they got rid of him. i don't know any Sumerians honestly.
>>
>America
Teddy Roosevelt
>Arabia
I wish Muhammad could be used because he would be absolutely perfect for the role
>Aztec
don't care
>Brazil
don't care so long as he still has good music and is a bro
>China
don't care
>Egypt
a Fatimid would be nice if you could divide a civ into having leader-specific city namesets and wonders
>England
William the Conqueror
>Britain
Victoria
>France
I miss Joan of Arc from civ III desu but Napoleon
>Germany
t. Otto von Bismark
>Greece
Alexander
>India
Gandhi because nukes
>Japan
Toyotomi Hideyoshi just so firaxis can say they went through all three major dudes of the Sengokujidai. He also seems like he'd make a fun leader to play as and against based on his depiction by KOEI but then zhang he so maybe not
>Kongo
who?
>Poland
what?
>Rome
Augustus
>Byzantium
Alexios Komnenos
>Russia
Ivan the Terrible
>Scythia
really don't care
>Spain
Cortez would be funny even if stupid
El Cid would be less funny but more "fun"
>Sumeria
isn't it obvious
>>
File: 1466648868268.jpg (3MB, 2995x1516px)
1466648868268.jpg
3MB, 2995x1516px
>>347852909
>Merica
>George Washington naturally
>England
>Victoria or Elizabeth, really only civ with acceptable female rulers
>France
Emperor Napoleon of course
>Deutschland
>Der Führer
>>
>>347856641
>isn't it obvious?
No it's not fucking obvious because most people know shit-all about Sumerian history

And don't say Gilgamesh because he is legendary, not historical
>>
>>347852909
>America
Hamilton. Lincoln, if you need a legit leader.
>Arabia
Muddy ham-ed. If that's not okay Saladin or Baibars.
>Aztec
Montezuma is honestly the only answer.
>Brazil
>implying
Replace their sorry asses with Poortugal ffs.
>China
Qin Shi Huang, Wu for stirring shitstorms, Tang Taizong.
>Egypt
Ozymandias.
>England
Lizzy and Vicky both work.
>France
Louis XI / Phillipe II / Louis XIV. Jeanne for a girl, seeing as she essentially gave Charlie his crown.
>Germany
Freddy.
>Greece
Alexander, Pericles, Phillp.
>India
Gandhi is never going to be removed.
>Japan
Amaterasu. Token female with titties. Tokugawa
>Kongo
Fuck that shit. Get Aetheopia if you want a black civ.
>Poland
Sigismund II Augustus.
>Rome
There's really not that many choices. Augustus.
>Russia
Is "Russia" Russia or just the people there in general? For the latter Olga of Kiev might work since they need tits in the game. If the former Cathy or Ivan IV.
>Scythia
Fuck this shit, give me Subotei of Mongolia.
>Spain
Isabella actually works.
>Sumeria
Gilgamesh is a meme so let's go with that.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 400x225px)
image.jpg
32KB, 400x225px
If Sumeria is Gilgamesh then can Britain just be King Arthur?
>>
>>347856641
>I wish Muhammad could be used because he would be absolutely perfect for the role
Seconding this.

>William the Conqueror
It's like making Columbus the leader for America.

>Ivan the Terrible
I'm Russian and I think it's a meme decision. We have a lot of 2 monarchs who actually earned the title of "the Great", plus Stalin to choose from. Ivan Vasilyevich just can't compare.

>>347857236
>Victoria or Elizabeth, really only civ with acceptable female rulers
>Yekaterina Alexandrovna is still a thing
>"really only civ with acceptable female rulers"
>>
>>347857672
Gilgamesh is generally regarded to have been a historical figure.
>>
>>347858046
Columbus only went to Carribean islands. Besides that analogy would still only be true if he put Cortez as the leader of the Aztecs.
>>
>>347857672
Who else would we have for Sumeria though
There's evidence that the man existed as a Sumerian King, and was prestigious and powerful enough to have gotten an Epic written of him for propaganda or something.
Anyway their main claim to fame is the Epic of Gilgamesh. Sure they did other things but nothing a normie would be aware of.
>>
>>347858208
There's debate about Arthur having historical inspiration as well. There was some circle jerk a couple weeks ago because they found Tintagel castle or something where he was supposedly conceived
>>
>>347858391
King Arthur even if he existed ruled at most a shattered piece of Roman Britain. He probably didn't even hold all of southern England or Wales, let alone all of England or GB.
>>
>>347858208
We know that he existed but beyond that everything else comes from the Epic. There are plenty of Sumerian kings whose achievement we know of
>>
>>347858554
>Plenty
desu most of them are pretty fucking obscure...I realize that this isn't an argument for Civ VI though.
>>
>>347858539
But he still managed to survive the Saxon onslaught and have one of the greatest myths ever written about him.
>>
>>347858685
Yeah but here's the thing
For England, we have a bunch of actual leaders that are well-known and documented and are recognizable. Gilgamesh basically embodies Sumeria's name in its entirety for most of the audience. I bet most people can't name another Sumerian, and if they do their legacy is completely eclipsed by the Epic.
>>
>>347858878
True but then why have Sumeria at all? Just replace them with Persia, Mongolia, the Hittites, etc.
>>
>>347852909
> America
FDR
> Arabia/Caliphate
Abd al-Rahman I
> Aztec
Monty
> Brazil
Pedro I
> China
Kangxi
> Egypt
Ramses II
> England/Britain
Lizzie
> France
Napoopan
> Germany
Wilhelm II
> Greece
Lycurgus
> India
Shah Jahan
> Japan
Meiji
> Kongo
HARAMBE
> Poland
John III
> Rome
Trajan
> Russia
Nikolai I
> Scythia
Skilurus
> Spain
Philip II
> Sumeria
Hammurabi
>>
>>347859009
I don't fucking know? Look Sumeria gets meme points for being more or less the very first civ we know of,
Brazil and Scythia? Really?
>>
>>347859170
> China
>Kangxi
>a fucking manchu
How about no?
>Hammurabi
He's not a Sumerian.
>>
>>347853291
Only autists care about something that has no major effect in the game itself.

I'm more interested in learning how the actual game plays out but stroking nations' egos is more important I guess.
>>
>>347852909
>England keeps shoehorning in Elizabeths
>never uses based Richard the Lionheart or William the Conqueror

I wish SJWs never got involved in games.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 768x1024px
>>347859417
>guys who didn't even speak English
Nice try Pierre.
>>
>>347859342
Strictly speaking it does affect the gameplay since Leader Abilities are a thing.
Also
>>151216436
>>151216612
>>151218057
What do you think?

>>347859417
Elizabeth and Vicky aren't 'shoehorned', nor would Catherine the Great be. These are legit female leaders.
Also
>Richard basically never saw England after becoming King and had shit-tier English
>William the Conqueror is notable in English history mainly for invading, as he didn't do much else after settling his vassals down and was a literal Norse-French viking descendant
Nah.
>>
>>347859309
>a fucking manchu
>How about no?
>Hammurabi
>He's not a Sumerian.

Kangxi was born and raised in China and educated in accordance with the Chinese classics. Plus, dude was indisputably the greatest emperor.

Eh, Hammurabi's just the most notable ruler from that area/era.
>>
>>347859417
Probably because they were both extremely French.
>>
>>347859731
Ah shit.
>>>/vg/151216436
>>>/vg/151216612
>>>/vg/151218057
It's been a long time since I linked crossboard, let's hope I didn't fuck up twice.

>>347859740
>greatest emperor
Qin edges him out.
>>
>>347857236
Are you saying Isabella of Spain is not an acceptable ruler?
>>
>>347859170
On second thought, maybe Abd al-Rahman I isn't the best choice for caliph. Harun al-Rashid would be better.
>>
>>347853291
It's such an obvious diversity quota that it's insulting. The devs THINK people care so much about diversity, when they really would rather have a fun and deep game. They've completely removed so many features from the first civ game, and instead there's this huge focus on

>look! we have a french queen! xD

or

>look! we have an obscure bureacrat who didn't actually do much, but he was rumored to be gay!

The series used to be about a civilization (ie not one man or woman) pulling itself up to greatness, now it's pretty much "historical figures battle royale".
>>
>>347859825
>implying being first means being great
Plus, Qin pretty much couldn't consolidate or leave anything behind. The Han had to pick up his shit. On the other hand, Kangxi pretty much left the empire well off for the next 150 years or so. Until Cixi fucked it all up.
>>
I wish they weren't such cowards and had the balls to use Mohammed for the Caliphate.
>>
>>347859907
I want the throne room. Yeah ok it was pointless but it was comfy. I think comfy is severely underrated in games these days.
>>
>>347857395
>Amaterasu for Japan
>Not Ishtar for Sumeria to go full Civ2
>>
File: Tuskaloosa_HRoe_2002.jpg (75KB, 309x430px) Image search: [Google]
Tuskaloosa_HRoe_2002.jpg
75KB, 309x430px
Guess I should also ask: what native American civs and leaders would you want to see added? There's a lot to choose from but they're overlooked all the time. I'm personally rooting for an interesting south-eastern tribe, like the Cherokee or Calusa.
>>
>>347859731
Those are just there for the min-maxing folks, you'll still be able to go full manifest destiny on everyone else as Teddy, play a peaceful nation as Gandhi and so on.

They could remove the leader diplomacy screens and it wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>347860113
None.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 403x403px)
image.jpg
53KB, 403x403px
>China
>not being led by Jesus' half brother
What are you guys even thinking?
>>
>>347859591
>didn't speak English
>meanwhile France is led by a de Medici

Yeah I think it's been established that you can be a king and not actually speak the commoner language. In fact most successful leaders didn't speak the commoner languages they TOOK over those kingdoms.
>>
>>347859170
>Nikolai I
What sort of a meme is this?
>>
> America
Washington, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt
> Arabia/Caliphate
Harun al-Rashid, Saladin
> Aztec
Montezuma
> Brazil
Pedro II
> China
Qin Shi Huang, Wudi, Tang Taizong
> Egypt
Ramses II, Hatshepsut, Muhammed Ali Pasha
> England/Britain
Alfred, Elizabeth, Churchill
> France
Charles Martel, Louis XIV, Napoleon
> Germany
Frederick Barbarossa, Frederick the Great, Bismarck
> Greece
Pericles, Epaminondas, Basil II (fuck romanboos, Byzantium was mostly hellenic)
> India
Ashoka, Akbar, Gandhi
> Japan
Go-Daigo, Oda, Tokugawa
> Kongo
Nzinga (seriously, firaxis passed up the chance to have a female African leader?)
> Poland
Boleslaw, Casimir III, John III Sobieski
> Rome
Scipio, Augustus, Marcus Aurelius
> Russia
Peter, Catharine, Alexander I
> Scythia
Ateas
> Spain
Pelagius, Isabelle, Phillip II
> Sumeria
Ur-Nammu, Gudea, Lugal-Zaggesi
>>
>>347860113
Pontiac would be solid. Also Sitting Bull was pretty chill.
>>
>>347859996
>Until Cixi fucked it all up.
Nigga the Qing were on a road to shit the whole time. Kangxi was undeniably good but it's not like it was good until Cixi destroyed it alone.
>not like first is good
He's undeniably one of the top emperors. He's also the guy who invented the idea of an Emperor and the guy who made a lot of the things that set China apart real, like standard script and standard measurements and vehicles.

>>347860069
Ishtar would need to be a bigger slut than Cathy in CiV to work. She'd literally have to ask for your dick every ten seconds then throw a fit when you said no.

>>347860146
Well not gameplay but the leader screens are comfy if the dialogue is good.
>>
>>347859170

>Umayyad Spain guy

That's a good idea, didn't consider that.

I'd go with Pericles instead of Lycurgus though. Or even Heracles for the myth.

Of the civs we've been presented or are hinted at:

-I do not get the Brazil meme. Simon Bolivar and Gran Colombia makes a lot more sense.
-Kongo feels like a forced "We need an Africa that isn't Zulu or Ethiopian".
-So long as Poland isn't retardedly superpowered social power like in Civ 5 I'm okay with them. Never understood why they got the cultural victory orientation since you'd figure a cultural victory civ would be one that applied their culture widespread, far and deep. A britain, a Rome, a Russia, a China, an America. Not Poland.

-Scythia is silly and just "We don't want to do Huns or Mongols again"
>>
>>347860292
I don't want France to be led by that chick either. You wouldn't make Genghis Khan the representation of China, Persia, or Russia
>>
>>347860113
TECUMSAH
E
C
U
M
S
A
H
>>
>>347860292
Pretty sure the Medici spoke French m8.

And Catherine de Medici is a completely retarded choice for "leader".
>>
>>347859740
I love Mesopotamian history and honestly I think it would be fine if they were consolidated into one civ. Sumer, Akkad, Babylon, and Assyria were all really similar
>>
>>347860430
South America in general is kind of pushing the envelope.
Also >>347859825, thoughts on the whole 'mythical ruler' thing? I mean they're already immortal, so Uncle Sam and such fit better for America than any one president imho

>>347860536
You could make Kublai for China though without making it too bullshit.
>>
>>347860706
Kublai makes sense because he spent his entire life living in China and adopted Chinese ways.
>>
>>347860793
Yeah well
I dunno. Look at this point I don't care, the Civ VI leaders look like ass for the most part besides the fixed Teddy, I'll probably replace them with leader mods since it's supposed to be readily moddable. Fuck moving portraits, I don't need them.
>>
>>347860898
Ive never played a minute if any Civ game and don't plan to either. I just like talking about history and learning about figures that I didn't previously know about.
>>
>>347861241
desu I wish someone based would pick up this series and just shove inane shit into it
I want my hyperslut Ishtar and Aphrodite
I want my crybaby Amaterasu
>>
Should have different leaders based on epoch.

France
Ancient: Vercingetorix
Early Medieval: Charlemagne
Late Medieval: Saint Louis
Renaissance: Francis I
Enlightenment: Louis XIV
Modern: Napoleon
Contemporary: De Gaulle

England
Ancient: Boudicca
Early Medieval: Alfred the Great
Late Medieval: Richard Lionheart
Renaissance: Elizabeth I
Enlightenment: Anne
Modern: Victoria
Contemporary: Churchill

Germany
Ancient: Arminius
Early Medieval: Otto the Great
Late Medieval: Barbarossa
Renaissance: Sigismund
Enlightenment: Frederick the Great
Modern: Bismarck
Contemporary: Hitler
>>
Time for full retard:
> America
Thomas Jefferson
> Arabia/Caliphate
Muawiyah
> Aztec
Acamapichtli
> Brazil
Deodoro da Fonseca
> China
Sima Yan
> Egypt

> England/Britain
Richard The Lionheart
> France
Philip II
> Germany
Wilhelm II
> Greece
Minos
> India
Indira Gandhi
> Japan
Meiji
> Kongo
Literally who?
> Poland
Bolesław I
> Rome
Hadrian
> Russia
Ivan
> Scythia
Who?
> Spain
Pelagius
> Sumeria
Ishtar
>>
>>347861587
>Sima Yan
>>
>>347861498
I agree. It would be cool having a leader tell you to do one thing at a certain point and then when you advance the leader changes and tells you to play acompletely different style.
>>
File: Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png (179KB, 1920x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
179KB, 1920x1097px
>>347852909
>always Aztec civ
>never Mexican civ
Will we get it in CivVI?
>>
>>347861498
How would that work with civs like America, Aztecs and the like?
>>
>>347861823
You'll get in when the Italians get in
>>
>>347861910
For Aztecs you could maybe use Mexican leaders later. For America I got nothing.
>>
File: 85815507890.jpg (63KB, 633x758px)
85815507890.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>>347861587
>Deodoro da Fonseca
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>347861910
It could be a different time scale
Aztec: Montezuma
Spanish conquest: Cortez
Mexico: Santa Anna
Mexico 2: Pancho Villa
Cartel drug state: El Chapo
>>
>>347862010
But Italians already got at the very least something. Pic related.
Italians technically have both ROME and VENICE in CivV
>inb4 rome=/=italy
I know, but its in the italian region
>>
>>347861498
>Contemporary: Hitler
You win this thread.

>>347861910
>America
B U S H
U
S
H
>>
>>347862295
That's not my problem at all. I would actually be fine if Rome/Italy got rolled into one civ, although I know there are many who wouldn't be
>>
>>347860268
did chinks seriously make a statue for a fake christian?
>>
File: ANfyzom.png (109KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ANfyzom.png
109KB, 320x240px
>>347862205
Ya know I dun got's me Santy Anny's leg
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 320x299px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 320x299px
>>347862416
>Fake Christian
You talking shit about my little bro homeboy? I've got some fire for your dead grandma if you wanna keep talking shit
>>
File: 1470092178507.jpg (78KB, 625x416px)
1470092178507.jpg
78KB, 625x416px
>>347856641
>William the Conqueror for England

You mean France?
>>
>>347861823
>special ability: build wall for neighbor, pay for it.
>>
>>347861823
Come up with a leader, leader bonus, civ bonus, unique unit, and unique building/tile. Then justify whatever you came up with as being better than the Aztecs.
>>
>>347862958
http://youtu.be/x4OwJOVi0ec
>>
>Poland

Andrzej Duda
>>
File: 1451536454042.jpg (19KB, 400x400px)
1451536454042.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>347863523
>former
>having an opinion
>>
>>347852909
>> America
Obama
>>
>>347852909
>Brazil civ
>Any South American country as a civ

For what purpose? None have done anything worth noting since they came around in the last like 200 years. They could have at least done Portugal instead of Brazil. I mean Portugal itself is kind of shitty, but at least it would be an improvement.
>>
File: superduda.jpg (36KB, 550x499px)
superduda.jpg
36KB, 550x499px
>Poland
Andrzej Duda
>>
>>347864230
Portugal deserves the spot there in a way for even surviving where it was and spearheading the Age of Exploration. Also a being colonial power for a while.
>>
>>347864230
>For what purpose?
Olympics bucks
>>
>>347864230
IIRC, I read somewhere that they wanted to get more civs from around the globe because true-start earth maps are really popular
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 1600x1200px)
image.jpg
200KB, 1600x1200px
>>347862958
What the fuck did you just say?
>>
>>347864961
He looks so comfy
>>
>>347864992
You'd look like that too if you were taking a huge bronze shit
>>
>>347852909
> America
Franklin Roosevelt, Teddy Roosevelt, Lincoln,
> Arabia/Caliphate
Muhammad would be cool but would piss off the muslims
> Egypt
Ramesses II or Saladin
> England/Britain
Richard the Lionheart, Henry VII, William the Conqueror
> France
Napoleon, Louis XIV the Sun King or Charlemagne
> Germany
Frederick Barbarosa
> India
Akbar
> Poland
Casimir III the Great
> Rome
Augustus, Julius etc
> Russia
Peter the Great
> Sumeria
don't know Gilgamesh seems fine althoug most about him is fictional
>>
>>347862295
I want my Florence
>>
>>347863395
Mexico
Benito Juarez
>El Grito De Dolores: Gain a 15%-20% dmg. bonus against enemies who have more battle advantage than you. Great General and select military units can be bought with faith, bought military units come with a single free initial upgrade.
>Unique unit: Paisanos: Mexican villagers that are cheap/fast to produce and great for spawning many, but are more vulnerable to take higher damage.
>Unique building : Catedral Metropolitana
>>
>>347867019
Fuck, he was Mexico's Obama.
>>
>>347862295
>rome=/=italy

Why does this meme exist when Iranians get to call themselves "Persian" and Syrians are "Assyrian?"
>>
>>347867130
More like Mexico's Lincoln
>>
>>347867218
Like hell they do
>>
>>347867602
Virtually all of them do, especially Iranians who are ashamed of their shit country and want to identify as something else.
>>
>>347867816
Well Italians can WE WUZ ROMANZ and Greeks can WE WUZ ALEXANDER too, doesn't mean anyone takes them seriously.
>>
>>347867218
Because they are retards.
I'm mexican, I cant see myself to be called an Aztec. If what my family heritage knows is correct, my family has traces itself back to the same region today, Michoacan.

Aztecs were assholes to their neighbours. They may have had conquered and called it an empire, but the people they conquered did not see themselves as aztecs.

Aztecs conquered surrounding regions just as Romans conquered surrounding regions.

A conquered nation can be called roman, but the people dont magically turn into romans.

As such, Italians cqnnot call themselves romans, as much as mexicans cannot call themselves aztecs.
>>
>>347867218
Some Iranians actually follow Zoroastrianism, the religion of ancient Persia, although they're a minority that kind of hides away from the Muslim overlords. Some are worthy of being called Persians, I'd say.
>>
>>347868197
Ironically Iran also has historically had one of the largest Jewish populations. The Magi from the bible were Persian Jews
>>
>>347868348
Really? I always figured they were Zoroastrian Magi. Interesting.
>>
>>347868197
Zoroastrians are cool.
>>
File: EHgGSnb.png (357KB, 397x402px)
EHgGSnb.png
357KB, 397x402px
>>347868197
>>347868194
>>347867957
>>347867816
>WE WUZ PERSIANS N SHIET
>WE WUZ AZTECS N SHIET
>WE WUZ ALEXANDER N SHIET
>WE WUZ ROMANS N SHIET
>WE WUZ PRUSSIANS N SHIET
>WE WUZ ASSYRIANS N SHIET
>WE WUZ AFRI-KANGS N SHIET
What others am i missing? Lets expand the list
>>
>>347868634
The English and their WE WUZ ANGLO-SAXONS AND SHIET
>>
>>347868634
Koreans: WE WUZ CONFUCIUS N' SHIET
Modern Chinks, both sides: WE WUZ IMPERIAL CHINA N' SHIET
Slavs: WE WUZ...WE WUZ RELEVANT ONCE, SURELY...SURELY!
Turks: WE WUZ EVERYONE N' SHIET
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>347868634
>WE WUZ NORSE N SHIET
>>
>>347868634
French: WE WUZ FRANKS N SHIET
>>
>>347868853
>>347868634
WE WUZ CZARS N SHIET
>>
File: cleo.png (111KB, 217x208px) Image search: [Google]
cleo.png
111KB, 217x208px
>>347868634
> modern Egyptians
> modern blacks
> Irish and Scottish mythology
> WE WUZ PHARAOHS N SHIET

>Alexander the Great, the Macedonian
> I *AM* GREEK N SHIET
>>
>>347868446
The Persians saved a bunch of Jews from Babylon or something so a bunch of them moved to Persia
>>
>>347869059
>>347868771
These guys don't do this much though?
English do their WE WUZ BRITONS N' SHIET, French do the whole WE WUZ GAULS N' SHIET, Irish do the WE WUZ CELT, NEVER CONQUERED!!
>>
>>347869091
He's German
>>
>>347869139
>JUST Cleopatra
My god, what have they done to her....
>>
File: sanic.jpg (194KB, 1280x932px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
194KB, 1280x932px
>>347852909
>America
Jefferson
> Arabia/Caliphate
Muhammad (Never going to happen because Allahu Akbar)
> Aztec
Montezuma (don't even know anyone else)
> Brazil
Pedro II. is good as is
> China
Mao
> Egypt
Don't give a fucking shit
> England/Britain
William II.
> France
Napoleon
> Germany
Hitler for the butthurt, Frederick II. as actual pick
> Greece
Sure as hell not Alexander
> India
Ghandi ("Empress" Victoria would be a genius pick, tough)
> Japan
Meiji
> Kongo
Lel
> Poland
Pilsudski
> Rom
Julius Caesar
> Russia
Peter the Great
> Scythia
Don't give a shit
> Spain
Carl V.
> Sumeria
Don't give shit
>>
>>347869172
Not that many Africans really do WE WUZ KANGZ, but the ones that do stand out
>>
>>347869258
I think they gave her an update, with less hyuge eyes and less extreme features, but I'm not sure. Check around in recent let's plays. I didn't mind it as much to begin with tho.
>>
>>347869172
>French do the whole WE WUZ GAULS N' SHIET

No, they have the middle ages and renaissance to fawn themselves over.
>>
>>347867957
Yeah but people really accept the Syrian and Iranians claiming to be part of long dead empires.
>>
>>347869298
>the ones that do
Ive met quite a few at my university
Its shocking to see it in reality
>>
>>347869259
Mao's unique ability every golden age every city produces -5% food
>>
>>347868197
Because they share a belief?
>>
>>347868194
If your origins are from the area where the conquerors began I'd say you have a decent claim.
>>
>>347869639
Fucking kek
>>
>>347869684
Zoroastrianism never really spread so far and is decisively Persian in nature, so following that religion from your ancestors in an unmodified from would basically mean they're the last people alive who could honestly call themselves Persian.

>>347869259
I don't even think people know that there are two Montezumas, with one good one and one complete fucking jobber.
>>
>>347869684
Because the follow the customs, traditions, and Religion of said civilization.

Italians are not romans, most romans (from the city of rome) are not "romans" of the classical sense. Difference between antique romans and modern romans.

>>347869796
Not always, can be, but not always. Becomes more rare in westernized, modern countries.
>>
>>347869962
Assuming Zoroastrianism is all that made Persians, Persians.
>>
>>347868634
WE WUZ ARYANS
>>
>>347869962
But surely religion is not the only defining trait of a people?
>>
>>347869639
Make it -30% and toss in a Classical unique building with a +1 food for every 2 citizens and we have a pop-boom civ that balances the overpopulation via golden age popdrops, with the usual high unhappiness forcing them to resort to GA for Golden Ages and making them unable to go culture-rush.

I like it.
>>
>>347870204
Where do you draw the line though? Is Qin dynasty China a different civilization from modern China? Is Anglo-Saxon England a different civilization from modern England?
>>
>>347852909
It would be a great left-field pick to have America being led by Andrew Jackson.
>>
>>347870204
He only mentioned religion. That's hardly all that differentiates civilizations. If anything, it's something many distinct groups share in common.
>>
>England: William the Conqueror
Northern apes triggered hard.
>>
>>347870716
And England led by Anthony Eden
>>
>>347870452
Religion can imply not just rituals, but also ethnicity, language and general culture that come with it. See Jews. Also Zion civ when?

>you start with no cities - your pops live in other civ's cities as specialists and you build unique buildings that profit both you and the owner of the city.
>Spread out to other cities via Missioner/Settler hybrid.
>Can get their own normal territory with 3 insta-cities after reaching Ideologies (Industrial tech, have Jew pops in 3 other civs cities with Factories).
>Can be gassed via Inquisitor or at will with an Industrial tech.
>>
>>347871154
The Semites are a people, not a religion. They were a people before they were monotheistic. There are a great number of atheist Jews.
>>
>>347853291
because autism
>>
>>347871474
Semitic ethnicity was disproved, and even when it was seriously considered it included more than just specifically Jewish people.

>They were a people before they were monotheistic
The Jews, also known as the Jewish people, are an ethnoreligious group originating from the Israelites, or Hebrews, of the Ancient Near East. Jewish ethnicity, nationhood and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation.
>Jews originated as a national and religious group in the Middle East during the second millennium BCE, in the part of the Levant known as the Land of Israel.
There is no bleeding way to separate Jewish ethnicity and culture from the religion, especially since throughout the history non-religious or converted Jews fell out of the local Jewish communes and were no longer considered Jewish by their peers, the religion thus serving as the central pillar of ethnic and lingual unity of the people across nations.

And Jews are not the only example of ethnicity and religion intertwining very closely - Zaporozhian and Don Cossacks can only be defined as "free people of specific regions following Orthodox Christian faith". Also Sikhs, Druze, Samaritans, et cetera.
>>
>>347854260
>>347859907
Don't feel so insulted by a video game. When you post shit like this it makes you look like jackasses.
>>
>>347869962
Who's up for Cuatehmoc, Eagle Warrior of the Aztecs?
>>
>>347873436
Hey I remember that. Also I think he was Cuahtemoc, Eagle Warrior of Tenochtitlan.
>>
>>347873436
>>347873628
If they were gonna do an alternate leader for the Aztecs, I'd want Nezahualcoyotl for a heavy Culture/Great Works focus.
>>
>>347870945
More like England being led by Oliver Cromwell
>>
File: Nezahualcoyotl.jpg (6KB, 177x236px)
Nezahualcoyotl.jpg
6KB, 177x236px
>>347873939
We wuz poets n shiet
>>
>>347873939
I wonder if he'll be a Great Writer.
>>
>>347873360
To be fair, if it had Wladyslaw IV Vasa as a Russian leader I would be rather pissed as well. It's just disrespectful and insulting.
>"Hey TECHNICALLY was a Tsar of All-the-Rus! For three years no less!"
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 188x137px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 188x137px
>>347874449
You have to admit, if they put him in, it would be a great Ruse
>>
>>347874287
>>347873939

>I love the song of the mockingbird,

>Bird of four hundred voices,

>I love the color of the jadestone

>And the intoxicating scent of flowers,

>But more than all I love my brother, man.

Deep.
>>
>>347861498
>Boudicca representing England when the English displaced her people
lol
>>
>>347874826
Anglo-Saxon makes up less than 15% of the English gene pool
>>
>>347874826
American education detected.
>>
>>347874645
Get out.
>>
File: CjLOQ7AUUAAAuzw.jpg (798KB, 1600x1132px)
CjLOQ7AUUAAAuzw.jpg
798KB, 1600x1132px
Polls here:
> America: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957651
> Britain: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957655
> France: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957663
> Germany: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957669
> Spain: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957676
> Poland: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957672
> Russia: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957674
> Roman: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957680
> Egypt: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957686
> Arab: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957730
> China: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957695
> Japan: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957691
> India: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957699
> Aztec: http://www.strawpoll.me/10957707
>>
>>347852909
> Scythia

Literally who: The civ
>>
>>347874645
You just fucking watch you spic im going to rip your asshole open
>>
>>347852909
I would like to see Phoenicia in. I guess we do have Carthage.
>>
>>347875859
Burger gitout reeee
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 640x640px)
image.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
>>347875714
>China
>no Hong Xiuquan
>>
>>347876459
Been taking suggestions from the last 150ish posts, and none brought him up. Just hit 'other'.
>>
>>347876219
To be fair Scythians aren't a real civilization. They're just a bunch of horse fuckers who roamed around Ukraine
>>
>>347857672
Don't see why not, last game had Carthage ruled by Dido
>>
>>347875714
>no Stalin for Russia
>but fucking Nikolashka PalkiN? SURE THING!
For what purpose?
>>
>>347876715
See>>347860268
>>
>>347852909
>everyone is a literally who or stronk womyn

Only good leaders in civ 6:
Franklin Roosevelt
Queen Victoria
Montezuma

Probably the worst leaders in Civ history. The only one i didn't like in Civ 5 was that bitch Dido.
>>
>>347852909
gonna be weird not having iconic civ leaders like nappy and lizzy
>>
>>347877291
Ah, I was looking for names and didn't see any, plus I thought the whole "brother of Jesus" thing was a joke. How the fuck did this guy convince people he was the brother of Jesus?
>>
>>347877572
He had a vision and he was cool with the poor people so they felt "Fuck I don't know about this Jesus stuff but he's better than the Emperor of China" also he WAS the brother of Jesus
>>
why did they get rid of southeast asian bros
>>
>>347877572
How did Kim Il Sung convince people he was a god?
>>
>>347878060
Because you'll happily pay for them in DLC :)
>>
>>347875025
>we wuz celts
So? "English" civilisation begins with the Anglo-Saxons, it doesn't matter if native Britons have a large contribution to the gene pool. Fundamentally English culture was at odds with the Brittonic culture of Boudicca's people, not a progression of it.
>>
>>347879416
Well the Romans had already done away with Boudicca's culture by the time the Anglo-Saxons started taking over
>>
>>347879416
Who exactly do you think it was that killed Boudicca?

It was the Romans. The English as a people didn't even exist at that point.
>>
>>347880216
Britons were romanised, but they were still speaking Brittonic and represented much more of a culture infusion than the Anglo-Saxon invasions did. It is a little irrelevant though because
>>347880782
It's not about Boudicca, it's about the fact that Boudicca was not English and should not represent English civilisation in any way.
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.