[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only good thing about this game is the hub world music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (354KB, 694x362px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
354KB, 694x362px
The only good thing about this game is the hub world music

prove me wrong
>>
I dunno, I thought tying elements to specific attributes instead of the old system was pretty good.
>>
File: dark-souls-2-screen-shot-36.jpg (23KB, 282x282px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-2-screen-shot-36.jpg
23KB, 282x282px
Her sex voice is pretty good tbh fam.
>>
Lots of good characters and bosses, really good boss music, great environments, tons of good weapons and armor choices. Its not a bad game.

Flaws: no character movement deadzone, DLC areas feel cheap, building interiors are mostly entirely empty.
>>
Dark Souls 1 is an overall better game, but Dark Souls 2 improved tons of things people seem to forget about:

>Can use more than one consumable at a time
>Grid layout in inventory
>3 weapon slots in each hand, four ring slots, 10 consumable slots
>Dual wielding/power stance, can actually use fists
>Far more variety in viable weapons, magic, shields, rings, and weapon enchants
>Can weapon imbue shields, staffs, bows
>On-use effects with weapons aren't useless
>Backstepping is viable
>Feinting/Animation canceling
>Guard breaking
>Overpowering someone's guard leads into a riposte
>Two handed parrying
>No invincibility during ripostes/backstabs
>More variety in weapons that can hit through shields
>Can invade anywhere at any point and get someone
>Can be invaded while hollow
>Invaders can't heal with consumables
>Can white/gold phantom anywhere at any point and get someone
>Small white soapstone for being a shade
>Blue covenant actually works
>More PvP covenants
>Covenants that aren't straight up useless
>Poise isn't fucking retarded
>Sprinting on ladders, estus on ladders
>Jumping is much easier to do now that it doesn't share a button with something else
>60 fps
>More consumables
>Messaging system allows compound statements, more variety
>Torches, Pharros Lockstones
>Bonfire Ascetics
>Can roll out of gestures
>New game + onward has additional various enemies, changing several encounters
>Can aim with crossbows
>Bolts/arrows have separate slots
>Can aim weapons in different directions while locked on
>Can run in any direction while locked on
>Rolling/stamina thresholds are more dynamic and don't have hard cutoffs (except for 70%)
>Respeccing
>>
>>313171548
majula's theme fucking sucks, it's the most low energy bland track in the game

actually no soundtrack except the Belfry boss music is good and that's just straight from DS1
>>
>>313173819
You make a decent point but several of these should have just been expected from a sequel. So I still don't overly care about some of the changes made.

Plus:
>More PvP covenants
Doesn't matter because they were rendered virtually useless by act of limiting invasions and soul memory. Plus like DaS1 the covenants don't actually do anything to the game world. No secret bosses/changes in story progression like unlocking areas early or any of that shit. In fact DaS1 actually did do better because it unlocked a path to Izalith early with a covenant.
Which makes this point:
>Covenants that aren't straight up useless
pointless...

Also:
>Poise isn't fucking retarded
Well yeah, it is just in the other direction. Because it's rendered practically useless... hence why there are so many ways to reduce your equipment load in this game because they knew heavy armor would be useless slow like it was in Demon Souls.

>No invincibility during ripostes/backstabs
That's not an inherently better feature. Bloodborne's way was better. Make it harder, don't punish the player for actually being smart enough to punish the AI's mistakes. Was just lazy the way DaS2 did it. It made backstabbing completely useless 90% of the time since enemies group more now.

>Bonfire Ascetics
Again, not inherently better as a mechanic because it was honestly just a solution to their own dumbass mistake of making enemies stop respawning after x amount of kills.

The only ones that I even cared about that beneficially changed the game were:
>New game + onward has additional various enemies, changing several encounters
and
>Can aim with crossbows

I think people just praise "upgrades" more than they should sometimes because most games don't bother to upgrade all that much any more from sequel to sequel. Sometimes they even downgrade in the sequel.
>>
File: 335300_2015-09-03_00003.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
335300_2015-09-03_00003.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>313173621
>DLC areas feel cheap
am i in bizzaro /v/? the DLC areas are the best in the game, and at times, even surpass the DaS1 DLC
>>
>>313177286
They really do justify the "cram the room full of enemies artificial difficulty" complaints.
>>
>>313173819
too bad most of those listed are for PVP primarily.

90% of souls fan plays the game for it's campaign, nerd
>>
>>313177486
they really dont.

because, again, in any scenario like thatm there is always a specific way you can deal with them without running in like a retard and fighting everything at once, like the rape room in Brume Tower with the big guy. if you lure the barrel guys to the trapdoor, you can take them all out by blowing up a barrel hollow when they are near the big guy.

you can also arrow cheese fairly well from the ladder

I really cant think of too many encounters of more than 3 enemies that isnt designed in such a way that you can take them out 1 by 1, or all at once
>>
>>313174582
this
>>
>>313171548
>Majula music
>not Vendrick music
>not the Vendrick reveal in general
Probably the most underrated part of the game.
>>
Undead Crypt was awesome
Things Betwixt was a cool intro area but needed a boss fight (no the cyclops does not count)
Firekeepers' house music should have been Majula's theme and vice versa.
Some enjoyable bosses like Velstadt and Old Iron King.
Ending theme vocals by Emi Evans, the siren of our generation
Good atmosphere that reminds me of King's Field in a good way, like you're playing an unknown PS1 or PS2 game
Locations that look like shit, that remind me of King's Field in a bad way.
Forgettable characters.
DLC ruined by godawful enemy placement.
Darkdiver quest line was cool and spooky as all hell.
>>
>>313177286
Final boss of this DLC is the best boss in the game IMO. No mobs, no gimmicks, no bullshit hitboxes, no OHKO moves, unique and varied moveset. Shit was fun.
>>
>>313177486
no, you just can't stagger them as easily so havel & greatsword faggots like you can bitch and cry about "muh difficulty". every single common enemy in the DLC except the giant ones are so easy to parry it makes me sick.

of course, parrying is an alien concept for you, so sorry for voicing my opinion
>>
>>313179973
>Good atmosphere that reminds me of King's Field in a good way, like you're playing an unknown PS1 or PS2 game
This so much. Thats why I love it, fuck graphic whores.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.