[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

> 1920x1080 > OLED display > 5.7 inch screen >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 39

File: shuspecs_630px.jpg (76KB, 630x407px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shuspecs_630px.jpg
76KB, 630x407px
> 1920x1080
> OLED display
> 5.7 inch screen
> under 18ms latency
> 120Hz refresh rate
> 100 FOV
> Coming early 2016

The future is almost here.

People who have used it say it's the best VR they've ever used, especially due to PS Move controllers, since it actually feels like you're doing something.

> gizmodo.com/sonys-new-morpheus-is-the-best-vr-headset-yet
> engadget.com/2015/03/03/playstation-4-vr/
>>
>>285528498
>all these companies getting into the VR race
>not just combining all resources into one magnificent VR device
>>
>>285528717

It's Oculus fault for being a tease for so long.
People will take their money elsewhere.

Here's hoping Morpheus will be compatible, even if via some accessory, with PC.
>>
>>285528498
Why are sony fans so tech illiterate?
>>
>>285528498
>100 FOV
MOTHER FUCKER THATS TOO LOW
>>
>>285529121

But they aren't. At least if you understand that the shitposters 'power of the cell' were just baiting.
>>
>>285529121
We need a formula for Sony promises over what is actually released.
>>
>>285528917
i thought it was already compatible for PC.
>>
File: 654654654.jpg (143KB, 352x711px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
654654654.jpg
143KB, 352x711px
If this doesn't come to the west I don't give a shit.
>>
That's fascinating, now when can we have some good games?

Hardware gimmicks don't mean a thing when the games are awful.

I do not understand this obsession with VR.
>>
>>285529261
The only thing they promised (hardware related) was with PS3, that didn't quite match.

> 2nd HDMI port
> 60fps on every game
>>
File: Tommy-Lee-Jones.jpg (763KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Tommy-Lee-Jones.jpg
763KB, 1280x850px
>>285528498
>good specs

After all the evident and unarguable issues that current generation consoles have shown (Sony's PS4 being one of them), and after all the "1080p 60fps" lies, how the fuck do you even believe all of those specs are real, how can you find Sony to be trustworthy?

Don't believe ANY specs-related declarations from Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo until they are proven to be consistently real.
>>
>>285529354
VR PORN NIGGER
>>
I will say the PS Moves is the best controller so far for VR. It has everything you need, and it was done without VR in mind.
>>
>>285528498
>Sony
>Make people believe

I see its working on OP.
>>
>>285529349

PS4 is region free.
That being said, I can already see Atlus bringing this over..
>>
>>285529332
>>285528917

Morpheus has to be for PC, PS4 doesn't have the specs to render that.
>>
>>285529389
PS4.

>supercharged PC
>EVERY game is 1080p 60fps
>it will have games in the first year
>"these are exclusives" but actually aren't
>>
>>285529332

Currently it isn't. At least according to press.
But it could be that Sony is just holding back on that information to keep the hype up for PS4.
>>
>>285529389
Not just hardware, games as well.
What happened to all those groups making VITA games? Why does every game have crazy graphics for its announce trailer then get completely downgraded once they're out?

Someone should be accountable.
>>
>>285529513
its compatible for PC and PS4.
stop shitposting.
>>
>>285528498
>1080p and only one screen
>120hz when ps4 can't even do 900p at 60fps
>>
>>285529543
> supercharged PC
This is a marketing word.
> EVERY game is 1080p 60fps
They never claimed this.
But to sweeten things over, 75% of it's library so far is FullHD at 60fps.
Out of 178 games that are out right now, only 4 aren't in 1920x1080.

> it will have games in the first year
And it did. Plenty of.
>>
>>285529637

Well then it'll flop, people will think the hardware is shit when they see it in action on Sony's 720p 25 FPS games.
>>
>>285528717
Competition breeds inovation, its better for consumers to have all these companies fighting for market share and their money rather than for one to have a monopoly.
>>
>>285528498
>1080p, 120fps

Why even. If you're going for the console market, thats four times the fucking power for twice the difference in framerate they dont even claim to notice a difference in. The fuck?
>>
File: 1368487182081.png (187KB, 400x325px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1368487182081.png
187KB, 400x325px
>>285528498
>Sony's VR has higher hz then Steam
>Console platform hz > PC Platform hz
>inb4 Console platform will not have higher fps then 29.9 anyway.
>>
>ps4
>running anything at 120fps

TOP FUCKING KEK

Glad this shit works on pc, too
>>
>>285529723
>This is a marketing word.
That doesn't mean it's not a lie
>They never claimed this.
Yes they did and that is a fucking lie, holy shit. Even indie and last-gen games run at 30fps most of the time.
>And it did. Plenty of.
Not as much as they said. Also >plenty

0/10 nice try kid.
>>
>>285529884
>Yes they did
No they didn't , give source faggot
>>
>>285529723
>75% of it's library so far is FullHD at 60fps
>And it did. Plenty of.
Sonyggers say the darnedest things.
>>
>>285529627

> What happened to all those groups making VITA games?
They made Vita games.

People seem to be oblivious to the fact Vita has over 900 (PSV) games.
You read that right. Over 900. With only 1/7th being ports from PSP/PS3 games.

Thing is, more than half of these are JPN-only.

> Why does every game have crazy graphics for its announce trailer then get completely downgraded once they're out?
It's not actual game footage you see, but some pre-rendered demo running on top-end PC or devkit.
This is what all developers do. Including our beloved Witcher devs in Europe.
>>
>>285529996
All developers except for Atlus.
>>
>>285529682

> 120hz when ps4 can't even do 900p at 60fps

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

75% of it's library is 1080p at 60fps.
23% of it's library is 1080p at 30fps

And 4-5 games are not in 1080p.
>>
>>285529354
Its from Sony so just suck on your PS exclusives fgt. Thats the reason the morpheus thing will fall flat on his face. At least Oculus is a bit open so everybody can go and build a interface for any game. And i don't know why these Japanese people are so shut-in in all there stuff, it just may be the island mentality.
>>
File: 1424718652154.png (3MB, 1163x7450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424718652154.png
3MB, 1163x7450px
>>285529996
>>
>>285529964
Too hard to dig up something that far back but here, they even got sued for it.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/6/5975983/sony-sued-killzone-shadow-fall-1080p

Other scandals were the Watch Dogs 900p 30fps, BF4 "press r to reload" 900p, knack 14fps, the list goes on.

>>285530123
That list isn't close to legitimate.
>>
>>285529996
Quantity doesn't equal quality, and most of the Vita library is just weeb trash shovelware made for otaku pandering with mediocre gameplay. At least the PSP has a good chunk of well made japanese games and not all the shit that has the Vita know.
>>
>>285529884

> That doesn't mean it's not a lie
> Marketing word
> Lie
> 0/10 nice try kid

Obvious retard alert.

> Yes they did and that is a fucking lie, holy shit.
Nope. They didn't say all games will run at 60fps.
>>
File: IMG_0098 (1).jpg (77KB, 640x426px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0098 (1).jpg
77KB, 640x426px
This is what the visuals look like when targeting 120 fps. Very sparse and not much complexity. Looks like a PS2 game with clean edges
>>
>>285530178

That font is atrocious and hard to read, making it a poor decision to use it.

Also, your argument is undercut by the constant repetition of "Shita", it puts people on the defensive.
>>
>>285530332
This is what the visuals look like when targeting 60 fps. Looks like a launch title for PS3 with cleaner edges.
>>
>>285530196

> That list isn't close to legitimate.
That list IS legitimate.

It has sources for every single game.

Killzone MP not being in 1080p is noted right there.
Watch Dogs being 900p is noted right there.

Not legitimate? Prove it wrong. Anything. Come on shitposter.

> Other scandals were
> /v/ going apeshit is now a scandal

top kek kid
>>
>>285530286
>seriously stating to your consumers your system is using SUPER CHARGED PC HARDWARE when it's using a tablet cpu and a laptop gpu
>not lying

pick one
>>
File: 1401304387433.jpg (356KB, 1214x1239px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401304387433.jpg
356KB, 1214x1239px
>>285530371
I had no problems reading it.
>>
>>285530413
>>
>>285530371
who cares

I didn't make it
>>
>>285529798
The innovation only comes about if each competing company is willing to put as much effort into a product as they possibly can, so that it is as innovative. However if you look at Microsoft and Sony, despite there being a competitive attitude to best each other, their products are hardly innovative.
>>
>>285530465

Yes, but I am paid real dollars to do shit like look at fonts and decide if they aesthetically pretty and easy on the eyes, as well as design them for websites.

Why didn't you use Gotham, anon? Or at least Raleway? A Slab Serif is really hard on the eyes if you have to read multiple lines of text in it.
>>
Very fun and all but do they really think they're able to hit 60fps in the near future?
>>
Anyone got stream?
>>
>>285530443
At a glance, BF4, ACU, Alien, COD, Lords, and probably more

All wrong.
>>
>>285530464

> not understanding how marketing words work

If a game is touted as FUN and you do not find it fun, they didn't lie about it being fun.

Also. PS4 architecture IS advanced enough to be called with a word 'supercharged'.

It's the CPU specs that everyone likes to nag on.

Read and educate yourself.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/11/naughty-dog-explains-ps4s-cpu-memory-and-more-in-detail-and-how-they-can-make-them-run-really-fast/

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191007/inside_the_playstation_4_with_mark_.php?print=1

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1038-playstation-4-specs-explained-implications-on-pc
>>
>1080p VR
>on a weak-ass console
Man, this will be a rude awakening for sonyfags.
>>
>>285530476

Wow it looks mildly better than Red Steel. I honestly hope sonyggers aren't bragging about this.
>>
File: REAP U.jpg (64KB, 327x405px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
REAP U.jpg
64KB, 327x405px
Competition, guys.

Is it making you hard too?
>>
>>285530659

> At a glance, BF4, ACU, Alien, COD, Lords, and probably more
> All wrong.

None of them is wrong. Look closer. :)
>>
File: supercharged.jpg (407KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
supercharged.jpg
407KB, 2048x1152px
>>285530723
>Also. PS4 architecture IS advanced enough to be called with a word 'supercharged'.
>>
File: 1401465764858.png (321KB, 380x538px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401465764858.png
321KB, 380x538px
>WHY WOULD YOU NEED 120hz IF CONSOLES CAN'T DO 60FPS?
You honestly believe that even though Sony knows that high refresh rate is important for a VR device, they would be stupid enough to make Morpheus games that are so graphically demanding that they can't output on PS4 past 30FPS?
>>
Can the PS4 really push those grafix?
>>
>>285530852

> I ignore everything and just shitpost

And this is why you will always be technically illiterate.
>>
>>285530860

> that they can't output on PS4 past 30FPS

But majority of it's games are 1080p at 60fps.
>>
>>285530860
>they would be stupid enough to make Morpheus games that are so graphically demanding that they can't output on PS4 past 30FPS
Yes. Yes they would be stupid enough. Their flagship launch title dipped to single digit 14-ish framerates at times.
>>
File: Neger_General.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Neger_General.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>285530580
Just keep derailing the argument by wining about the font, just keep rolling nobody can stop you anyways.
>>
>>285530817
All of them have major dips especially the ones that are '30fps'.

>>285530915
>I link retarded articles and defend corporate lies
>>
>>285528498

>2015
>believing anything sony has to say anymore

the reality is this will be a shitty product, i swear this to you
>>
>>285530860
You can interpolate the missing frames, although it would require a strong processisng unit in the VR and it would probably look like shit.
>>
>>285528498
>1080p over 2 screens
>not 1080p on both screens
shill
>>
>>285531080
Its the whole industry man... its all like this.
All the bloggers and shit suck their dick dry for a word they can twist and turn anyway they want to.

Guess we need some Ethnics
>>
>>285530915
Not him but nothing can change the fact it's a 5 year old tablet compared to a gaming PC and they said otherwise. I get 60fps in ARR and my PC is 4 years old.
>>
>>285531093

And add enough latency that it'll ruin the experiencE.
>>
>>285531029

> All of them have major dips especially the ones that are '30fps'.

And? Game fps'es are not listed by their lowest frame-drop moment.

Even LoL drops to mid 40's with GTX 680 at times.

> I link retarded articles and defend corporate lies

That is a pretty retarded way of defending your illiteratcy.
>>
>>285531025
so we can all agree that Vitards have just been inflating numbers to look good right?
>>
File: 1403400709756.jpg (16KB, 250x238px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403400709756.jpg
16KB, 250x238px
>>285528498
>100 FOV
It's automatically shit
>>
>>285531007
FPS=Hz?

Hz≠FPS?
>>
>>285531201
>Even LoL drops to mid 40's with GTX 680 at times.

And nobody is saying it's some set in stone frame rate. ACU rarely ever hits 30fps.

>That is a pretty retarded way of defending your illiteratcy.
I don't need to defend it, there's nothing proving I'm illiterate. Those articles are written by shills.
>>
>>285528498
Did they stream this?
>>
>OLED display
>>
File: 1402173931103.gif (966KB, 500x391px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402173931103.gif
966KB, 500x391px
>>285531216
I don't care anyways i'm PC Herrenrasse.
>>
>>285531201
>Even LoL drops to mid 40's with GTX 680 at times

Lol is one of the shittiest PC game in terms of optimalization that isn't on Steam Greenlight. I was getting double the framerate in BF4 on medium on 570
>>
This whole VR business just seems like something that won't be accepted by general public.

These are clearly niche enthusiast devices. What makes them think that your average dudebro wants one?
>>
>>285531413

> And nobody is saying it's some set in stone frame rate.
No fps is set in stone. Frame drops happen even with top-end GPU's.
As long as the game is at least 90% of it's time running on the noted fps, it's no problem if there are some drops at certain points for a second or two.

> there's nothing proving I'm illiterate

You seem to think 'supercharged PC' means something out of space that reks our current PC's.
And you refuse to read technical reasons why they went with that word and what does it actually mean.
>>
>>285530178
autism
>>
File: 1367830836087.png (32KB, 500x500px)
1367830836087.png
32KB, 500x500px
>>285531776
>No fps is set in stone
Really?
So if we set the fps to 100 in stone, it will never drop to 99?
Oh.!? It does?
GUESS YOUR WHOLE POST IS ILLITERATED AUTISM
>>
>>285529798
but they aren't competing. each of these VR systems is exclusive to a platform, so it comes down to the same old console war bullshit
and it doesn't matter if you already own all systems, it's not competition if you buy them all
>>
>>285529242

The human eye can't see past 60 FOV
>>
>>285531776
So I run DMC4 at 450 fps at

I limit it to 120fps and it never drops

ITS NOT SET IN STONE??????
>>
File: 1415940329862.jpg (8KB, 220x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415940329862.jpg
8KB, 220x250px
>mwf peopel don't realise that technologically speaking VR is nothing but a pair of displays
>>
File: 1383207809238.jpg (93KB, 400x399px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1383207809238.jpg
93KB, 400x399px
Why does it have 120hz if the eyes can't see past 30?
>>
>>285532054
And accelerometers. Strapped to your face.

but still, it's cool.
>>
>>285532017
>>285531949

Not set in stone = noted on lists that compare game FPS'es with each other, like the IGN link about PS4 / X1 games.
>>
NIntendo did virtual reality first.

Is there anything Sony did NOT copy?
>>
>>285528498
So it's a weaker screen than a dev kit 2 OR, plus it's being driven by an outdated, sluggish console that won't have decent visuals to even hope to achieve somewhat stable frame-rates?

I don't know what future you're talking about, because it sounds a lot like 2012 to me.
>>
>120hz on a console
>18ms input lag

seriously
>>
File: 60vs30 1.webm (3MB, 640x360px)
60vs30 1.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>285532128
duno buddy
>>
Literally all those specs apart from the OLED and 120hz part are absolute trash teir.

Even then, 120hz won't happen on any PS4 game unless it looks like a PS1 game....and since the masses are going to complain about how their 299 new headset purchase can't play The Order, Bloodborne, Killzone, Infamous any of the PS4 library in actual VR, they'll get mad in droves.

Sony should've released a second more expensive console specifically about VR with it's own games. PSV or something, 699 for the PSV system, double the PS4's power, can play PS4 games and also PSV games.

But this instead? Doomed. No ones going to go out on the market next year to buy shit that is behind what's releasing this year.

2016 you'll have Oculus 2 releasing with 4k panels etc. Sony are fucking stupid.
>>
>>285532128
FPS=Hz?

Hz≠FPS?
>>
>>285532427
why make a 120hz device for a device that can barely output 30fps?
>>
>>285532427
You literally can't see frames past your displays refresh rate.
>>
>>285532427
It's literally pointless making it 120hz if nobody is going to make use of it.
>>
>>285532389

> Sony are fucking stupid.

Yet it's pretty much guaranteed Morpheus will outsell every other VR headset.

How will it play it's games remains to be seen.
>>
How the FUCK did they make 120hz panel have 18ms of latency?

Is it even a real 120hz panel? Smells like interpolation. Interpolation in VR.

Fucks sakes.
>>
>>285532564
It won't play any games. PS4 is allready starved for games, no realise that the headset will only work with 10 percent of those titles.

Get the picture?
>>
>>285532564
>Yet it's pretty much guaranteed Morpheus will outsell every other VR headset.

how?

how is it guaranteed to beat out valve, oculus rift?

>>285532593
it's interpolation.

Yes, it's that fucking retarded. sony fanboys will shitpost about it being the best vr device ever anyway, because they really don't know or understand what they're talking about
>>
>>285532676
> PS4 is allready starved for games

It has over 178 games out right now.
Over 450 games announced in total.

Additionally, over 150 last-gen games available via PS Now.

How or with what the VR set will work remains to be seen. Press has only played some demos made specifically for it.
>>
File: 60vs30 2.webm (745KB, 320x240px)
60vs30 2.webm
745KB, 320x240px
>>285532128
Duno m8
>>
>>285532809

> how?

PS4's popularity.
Sony's marketing.
Press loving it.

> http://gizmodo.com/sonys-new-morpheus-is-the-best-vr-headset-yet-1689307606
>>
>>285532890
>Japanese
>Games
>>
>>285532890
It will get absolutely shit on, especially by occulus. you know, the thing that started this bullshit fad

stay delusional though
>>
>>285532812

PS4 has not one game for me.

Holidays seems like a time for me to get one when BB, MGSV and Disgaea 5 are out. Maybe even FFXV, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>285532812
>It has over 178 games out right now.
>Over 450 games announced in total.

This is like me bragging about smartphone games getting 20k games a month. It's completely meaningless without naming names.

>over 150 last-gen games available via PS Now.
kek
>>
They're actually lying about the 120hz.

PS4 is using HDMI 1.4, not 1.4b. PS4 cannot output 1080p 120hz, it is physically incapable of doing it.

So they're either outright lying through their fucking teeth, or the thing is actually internally interpolating every frame in which case, it's fucking garbage and would explain how a 120hz panel has an abysmall 18ms latency.

Sony are fucking hilarious.
>>
>>285532367
The input lag is the time it takes for the device to detect motions from the user
>>
>>285528498
spec wise is this better than HTC's Vive for Steam?
>>
>>285533029

> It will get absolutely shit on, especially by occulus. you know, the thing that started this bullshit fad

Not really. Oculus isn't popular even now, after dev kits being available for everyone intrested since 2012.

People are already getting hyped as fuck over Morpheus.

> stay delusional though

If you really think your average consumer will want to play indie shit in 4K instead of Playstation games, oh boy. You're in for a nice awakening.
>>
It's surprisingly decent. A little low res, but it won't make people sick.
>>
>>285533202
>Oculus isn't popular even now,
>People are already getting hyped as fuck over Morpheus.

That delusion
>>
>>285533130
Yeah, that's what I noticed the most. I would never buy a monitor higher than 2ms latency. 1ms is desired.

How the fuck could they put 18ms and list it like it's a feature and not a giant fucking warning sign?
>>
>>285533075

> It's completely meaningless without naming names.

At times it feels like I'm the only person on /v/ able to use Google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

> kek

You do realize more than half of PS4 owners never owned any console previously?
It's a huge plus for them.
>>
>People are already getting hyped as fuck over Morpheus.

you mean the press who shill every new product under the sun
>>
>>285533246
Oculus was super hip back before Facebook bought it. Now everyone is suspicious and pessimistic about it.
>>
>>285533246
> That delusion

/v/ doesn't represent even a single % of the real consumers mindset

Go look around in actual gaming communities, articles about Morpheus or well, anywhere. Have fun.
>>
File: 1425351734286.jpg (16KB, 329x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425351734286.jpg
16KB, 329x500px
>OLED
>18ms latency

I thought OLEDs were pretty much latency free.
>>
Whoever has the VR porn gets my money.
>>
>>285533158

yes, for now. if it really releases with these specs.
>>
>>285533130
DING DING DING.

This shit needs stickying. Even 5ms is outright shit teir for a 60hz panel, let alone 120hz.

PS4's HDMI output does not support 120hz 1080p. The headset is interpolating, which is fucking garbage because you've just created more latency than you tried to remove and just pissed in the entire pool.
>>
>>285528498
>Sony in charge of not lying
>>
>>285533254

Most TVs are worse.
>>
>An OLED 120hz panel

Wow, that's pretty goo-

>18ms of latency

WHY IS THAT A BULLET POINT. That is absolutely TERRIBLE. That would feel worse than operating a PC monitor at 30fps.

What in the fuck?
>>
>>285533456
Remember, this IS Sony after all, anon.
>>
>>285530178
At least be fair and get rid of the same weaboo trash that's on the 3ds
Otherwise you just get
>3ds has them too
and the sonyponys stay delusional
>>
>>285533130
>>285533521
>implying that it even matters if sony blatantly lies because sony ponies will defend literally anything

look at that guy ITT who actually thinks morpheus will beat out occulus
>>
>>285533646
3DS has plenty of worthless shovelware of its own. More than half of its library, in fact.

Not that nintentards would ever admit it.
>>
>>285533367
While that's technically true, most people still think modern VR = Occulus, while relatively few know about the Morpheus. There's a lot of shit I don't like about the Occulus, but anyone who thinks it's the less popular brand is delusional.

>>285533416
I'm not going off of what /v/ thinks, I'm going off what tech enthusasits and the press says. Nobody is getting hyped as fuck over morpheus outside of a hardcore niche of sony fans, people completely forgot it existed since it was revealed last year.

Have fun being delusional.
>>
>>285533813
and neither do sonyponys
I don't even like handhelds. They all just feel like minigames. Or just shit games
>>
>>285533456
It's talking about photon latency, not the latency of the screen. The term latency in VR is different to screen latency.
>>
>>285533813
Exactly. That's why nintenyearolds and weeaboos are just as cancerous as CoD kiddies.
>>
File: HAIRC2.jpg (140KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HAIRC2.jpg
140KB, 1280x960px
>>285533521
>>285533521

> PS4's HDMI output does not support 120hz 1080p.

Actually it does.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156790-xbox-one-and-ps4-analyzing-their-support-for-4k-video-and-gaming
>>
>>285533874
>weeaboos are just as cancerous as CoD kiddies.

so the ps4 is turbo cancer then right?

since literally all it has is weebshit
>>
>>285533639
>WHY IS THAT A BULLET POINT. That is absolutely TERRIBLE. That would feel worse than operating a PC monitor at 30fps.

For the record the input latency of the average game is somewhere between 60-80ms. 60fps is a frame every 16ms.
>>
>>285528498
Trash.
Next.
>>
File: trash.jpg (52KB, 758x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
trash.jpg
52KB, 758x900px
>>285533991
>May 28, 2013
>>
>>285528498
>120Hz refresh
>When most Sony games can't even break the 30 FPS mark.
>>
>>285533292
>muh wiki

Yeah I don't think so faggot. Unless you can name actual quality games, saying you have X hundread of games is completely meaningless. Again, you might as well link to the app store charts to brag about the tens of thousands of mobile app games that get shit out every month.

>having to pay a subscription in order to stream games because no bc
>It's a huge plus for them.
kek
>>
>>285533991

No it doesn't.

The video output is physically incapable of outputting it. They'd need a hardware revision to do it.
>>
>>285534002
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>285533254
>I would never buy a monitor higher than 2ms latency
Good luck buying any monitor.
>>
>>285534202

> Unless you can name actual quality games

What is an 'actual quality' game ?

A non-indie game?
A game with XX million budget?
A game with XX million advertising budget?
A game YOU like ?
A game /v/ likes?
>>
After demo'ing the Oculus DK2, I can confidently state that splitting a single 1080p screen between both eyes isn't nearly a high enough resolution for an immersive, or even non-distracting, experience. It feels like you're looking at the world through a screen door.

Normally I would give a company the benefit of the doubt and assume they're going to ship the final product with a higher res screen (which is actually going to be the case for the consumer version of the Rift), but the PS4 is pretty much maxed out at 1080p, so this is hopeless.

Forget refresh rates and input lag, the resolution alone is going to guarantee that the Morpheus will be an inferior product.
>>
>>285533991

are you retarded

did you read your own article?

>>285534297
1-2ms monitors are all around

mine is 1ms/144hz and it was $190
>>
>>285534386
name five or more exclusives that were/are regarded as great by both critics and players

I legit cannot think of one
>>
>>285534386
If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be posting. Also from our sony friend earlier ITT:
>If you really think your average consumer will want to play indie shit in 4K instead of Playstation games, oh boy. You're in for a nice awakening.

Anyway the quantity argument is laughable at best. By your own logic smartphones are superior platforms for games than the PS4.
>>
>>285534386
>>285534598
if we're going by quantity, pc wins by a fucking landslide

it also wins by quality
>>
>>285534443
You seem like a guy I should ask then.

Gsync? Too expensive at the moment to consider? Not enough benefit?

Also I'm going 980 with a future second for SLI. Should I go for 1440p, or stick with 1080p as more and more games will likely demand more out of my rig? Sure, 980 SLI can get above 100 for 1440p right now, but who knows in a year or two?
>>
>>285534567

Great by press *and* players?

> inFamous SS
> Driveclub (after patch)
> Guilty Gear Xrd (Sony exclusive)
> The Last Of Us Remastered (Sony exclusive)

PS4 is just a little over a year old after all.
>>
File: 1412917992358.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412917992358.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>285534763
>inFamous SS
>Driveclub (after patch)
>Guilty Gear Xrd (Sony exclusive)
>The Last Of Us Remastered (Sony exclusive)

oh my
>>
>OLED
confirmed for 600$+
ive seen how Sony prices those.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2334123,00.asp
>>
>>285534684
Not that guy, but I prefer just sticking with 1080p for the moment. Easier on hardware and not too noticable unless you're a pixel counting autist.

>>285534763
To be fair, what did the PS3 and 360 have in their first year that was so good? Also I'm tempted to say that an HD remake of a barely year old game doesn't count.
>>
>1080
>120hz
oh look 2 things the PS4 cant do
>>
File: 1422514401979.jpg (11KB, 194x168px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422514401979.jpg
11KB, 194x168px
>>285534763
>(Sony exclusive)
>>
>>285534598

> If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be posting.
That really isn't an answer to a retarded way of ignoring the actual fact.

> By your own logic smartphones are superior platforms for games than the PS4.

You seem to have no idea how logic works.
You say there are no games. I say there are over 170 games out right now.

To which, you go full retard

> hurr durr smartphones have tens of thousands
> so they are better now lmao!!

Yeah. Nice logic you are trying to apply here.
>>
File: response_1.jpg (37KB, 341x249px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
response_1.jpg
37KB, 341x249px
>>285534443
You're a victim of marketing. Do you realize what the response time stated by the manufacturer actually means?

Pic is from one of these "1 ms" monitors. What manufacturers do is check for the lowest g2g response time, and state that. Here's it's 1.4 ms, which conveniently rounds to 1 ms. The average response time is actually 4 times higher.

You also completely forgot the existence of input lag caused by signal processing.

As I said, good luck.
>>
>>285534970

But there are over 170 games on PS4 running at 1080p.
Only 4-5 games aren't in 1080p.
>>
the sony delusion itt is amazing

how does sony do so shit when they have fans like this?
>>
ITT

> people thinking 120Hz support means all games on it will be 120fps

Most likely the following will happen.

1080p/60fps games will be on it 1080p/30fps.
1080p/30fps games will be on it 720p/30fps.
>>
>>285535020
>hurr durr
>lmao!!
This is a really pathetic attempt at a strawman. You asked a retarded question that doesn't deserve a serious answer. Your argument for games is citing a wikilist without actually naming any yourself. Since you don't understand what a quality game is, by your own logic smartphones are better than the PS4
Face it, you have no facts, you have nothing.
>>
>vr on consoles
No thanks. Consoles can't handle 1080p at 60fps, there's no way in hell they'll be able to do 120.
>>
>>285535357

> This is a really pathetic attempt at a strawman.
> said by someone trying to bring smartphone game amount as argument

> You asked a retarded question that doesn't deserve a serious answer.

You don't quite get the fact that home-console library does not have smartphone-esque games.
4/5th are generic AAA games. Some with low, some with high budget.
1/5th are popular indie games that are most likely also available on Steam and PSV.

> Your argument for games is citing a wikilist without actually naming any yourself

Because there isn't anything to name if you post literally retarded questions like what games does something have. You can open Wiki and see for yourself.

> Since you don't understand what a quality game is, by your own logic smartphones are better than the PS4

And this "logic" proves you're an actual retard.
Like, not to offend you, but an actual individual being retarded.
>>
Is thee really such a market for VR? Do we really need 3 big players and dozens of chinese knockoffs here?
>>
>>285535803

It will be either like 3D, a fad that we're being forced to like. Will probably stay relevant for a couple of years and then disappear.

Or it will be like touchscreens. Something that will always stay.
>>
>>
>>285535923
>>
>>285535997
>>
>>285534214
>playstation 4+
>comes with morpheus
>same price as original
sony is jew enough
>>
>>285536059
>>
>>285536136
>>
>>285536227
>>
>>285535025
Not him I buy low latency monitor knowing that fact
if the lowest number is 5 instead of 1-2 then the average is bound to be higher.
Hell the graph you posted shows the average around 4. that's lower then the minimum of most monitors.
>>
>>285530776

Yes and no.

All of this competition in hardware is interesting.

But it won't matter because hardware doesn't mean there will be games (see: Xbone, PS4, the original Kinect, etc. etc.). The onus is on developers to actually make something on these platforms.

Otherwise we'll just have some useless headsets lying around
>>
>>285535923
>>285535997
>>285536059
>>285536136
>>285536227
>>285536296
it's the wii all over again
>>
>>285536418
I have more uses than games for a VR headset.
>>
>>285536427
PS4 has proper third party support too. I wonder if it will outsell Wii with the VR gimmick along with all the other stuff that mainstream consumers love.
>>
>>285534763
>drive club
>>
All VR headsets will be terrible until they develop the ability to determine the point your eye is attempting to focus at.
>>
>>285536492

Great, because my statement applies to that too

A platform without software is useless. If any of these platforms (Morpheus, Oculus, HTC Valve) are a pain in the ass to develop for, like the PS3 was, no one will bother to sink time into development. Whether that means games or anything else.
>>
Ok so I'm too lazy to look it up so could someone tell me isn't 120Hz pontless unless you can run the game at 120 FPS?
>>
>>285536621
>>
>>285536606

>terrible

Not really.
I mean that will be better but "terrible" is a stupid word to use for new tech thats very fun to use.
>>
File: 2002 Sony.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2002 Sony.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>285536606
Eye tracking is already a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKYr9MaZw3I
>>
>sony ponies buy Morpehous in droves
>800x600 @ 120hz interpolation
>finally realize they've been dupped
>finally realize their console is a piece of shit
>massive returns of Morpeous and PS4 causes a catastrophic loss in sales and excess stock
>have to send everything to a landfil
>Sony finally dies
>>
File: lag2.jpg (188KB, 680x685px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lag2.jpg
188KB, 680x685px
>>285536363
That's still not a guarantee of any kind because of signal processing.

Say you buy VG278HE for the 2 ms response time. Will you get better performance than from a 5 ms monitor? Not necessarily, because there's still 8 ms of signal processing in the VG278HE on top of the pixel transition times.
>>
>>285535803
>>285535910


Its definitely not a fad.
Once you try it the possibilities just hit you like a truck full of bricks really.

Its not being forced, these companies are practically filling in the demand - everyone wants this shit and everyone is mad at oculus for taking forever EVEN after selling their souls.


I'm also appalled at the idea that "hurr 3 big players too much" how is it too mcuh?
Are you so used to the dual monopolies in gaming like amd/nvidia, sony/ms and such that having a choice is now scary again?
>>
>>285535305

They cant really do that with VR bro, if its not pulling the given framerate at all times - it is unenjoyable completely.

I think they may have some interpolation solution going on but that would make for shit picture quality.
>>
>>285535910
>Or it will be like touchscreens. Something that will always stay.
I really don't see them becoming that way. Touchscreens are a legit quality of life improvement for many people. This is a hobbyist item no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>285528498
>PS4 exclusive
>$1,199
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 39


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.