[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/u/ meets /lit/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 23

File: ulit-2017-06.jpg (124KB, 756x525px) Image search: [Google]
ulit-2017-06.jpg
124KB, 756x525px
Discuss, request, and recommend /u/ related /lit/ works!

Previous Thread: >>2338439

Recommendations list (to be modified/improved):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18e71t0H7v6olXdY9Ig0giUjnhSt1zltLcLSpj3SxRaI/edit?pref=2&pli=1

------
>Downloads:

Zippyshare links from previous thread:
https://pastebin.com/3Dg9qCTZ

Calibre F/F Library magnet link (hundreds of books with release dates up till 2013):
http://mgnet.me/.FF_lib

------
>How to find books:

Mobilism Search for Lesbian, FF, LGBT, and GLBT keywords:
http://forum.mobilism.org/search.php?keywords=Lesbian+FF+LGBT+GLBT&terms=any&author=&fid%5B%5D=376&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=-1&t=0

Custom Google Search:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=001639227550064093264:dznewka3cca

Downloading from #bookz on IRC:
http://pastebin.com/pwAudzs6

Bookzz:
http://bookzz.org/

Library Genesis:
http://libgen.io/
>>
File: MyFirstUNovel.png (302KB, 1309x726px) Image search: [Google]
MyFirstUNovel.png
302KB, 1309x726px
New to /u/lit? Here's a handy chart to get you started.
>>
I know I can't make a thread on this without it being deleted, so I'm asking here even though it's not quite the topic. Are there any like manga or anime or anything about cowgirl lesbians?
>>
>>2367363
>>2365146
>>
Finished Lesbian Academy and She's An Alien by Yuriko Hime.
General thoughts: Both stories ramp up to 11 pretty quickly imo. The twists and turns of the stories just get more and more confusing for me. And the endings are at times rushed. Nice to read along I suppose.

For Lesbian Academy: MC gets whisked away to a private island academy all full of lesbians. And everything is VR. And there are houses. MC meets 1 true love (that she met long ago), 1 senior who loves her unconditionally, 1 tsundere, 1 scheming older sister of the tsundere. The story gets pretty confusing after a while with all the twists and surprises. Turns out MC is a psychic/higher being bred through genetic engineering who was killed by a cult and born again into a family of conservatives and meets her previous true love who was also killed and reborn also? then she enters the school VR system, kills all the cult members, one of whom was a friend of hers and then she gets reborn/rebuilt again and runs off with the tsundere. Heard there was a sequel coming.

She's an Alien - So this one was kinda weird. But I think the twist was better implied. Y'know, with MC being identical to the villain of the series. I thought it was cute but I think the whole part where the MC is just chatting with a couple of kids really cringey. I just skipped those parts. The ending twist where it turns out Nico is a girl alien who became a male when she entered earth was just outta fucking nowhere. And then MC and villain reforms herself after MC kills the villain. The story is unique I suppose but it gets REALLY REALLY weird imo. The whole thing feels so oddly paced and rushed at the end, Loads more explanations on the whole planet-of-yuri thing would have been nice.

Anyone have any good fluffy/naughty stories to suggest?
>>
So I just finished From A Distance by CL Hart and since I haven't seen it talked about in here before I would like to recommend it. If you like action packed book and a bit of mystery with a somewhat badass MC, you should check it out.
>>
>>2367635
How much /u/ is there? Or is it more action orientated with not much development between MC and love interest. Read the description on goodreads but nothing else.
>>
>>2367652
There's more toward the end but there are bits here and there through the book (kisses and flirting). Only one sex scene though.
>>
I'm a bit disappointed in Winter Lee's latest book, Shattered. I just want cute alien girls falling in love with humans.
>>
>>2367926
It isn't?! Onee-chan, you gotta elaborate more!
>>
>>2367926
Have you read her other two books?
>>
>>2368093
Well, about the main characters... they have sex but they end up only as friends.
>>2368102
I've read Red Files, it is one of my favorite books. I started Requiem for Immortals, but dropped it because I didn't like the main characters.
It's a shame, because I liked the MCs from Shattered.
>>
Update for whoever last thread recommended Random Acts of Senseless Violence when I asked for darker/grittier stuff. It wasn't as heavy throughout as I was expecting from your description, but that had the effect of lulling me into a bit of a false sense of security so then the final chapters & that ending hit like a brick wall.

Fuck.
>>
Is bookzz dead?
>>
>>2368669
download?
>>
>>2368875
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/s0kqUJfF/file.html
>>
Anyone have kate sweeneys moonbeams and skye its the sequel to winds of heaven and i cant find it for download.
>>
https://twitter.com/kellyquindlen/status/880057483854786560

Her Name in the Sky's author is giving free copies of her book for those interested.
>>
>>2368774
It's down for me as well ;_;
>>
>>2368669
I tried to warn you, onee-chan. I tried to warn you.

And yes, absolutely, it's the ending (I could say the last line even?) what makes you close the book/e-reader feeling like someone just punched you in the face. But the rest of the book is pretty bleak too, way more than your average /u/ book, I think. I hope at least you enjoyed it or was close to what you were looking for!
>>
>>2369274
Loved the first one, but you know you're not in the mood for the sequel when you're unreasonably annoyed by everything about the preview.

Starting with that stupid title. Then ...
We have the classic het-romance-important 'too stupid to change diapers' scene, because even for lesbians we have to establish that one is the house-wife-y one.
Then butchy-one goes canoeing with their daughter at night, and subtley mentions moonbeams a dozen time, which totally isn't blatant title-insert rubbish.
Then they all eat ice cream. Well, even in bad mood I can't complain about ice cream.
After that, they force their little daughter to pray to some imaginary being that sent lesbians to hell for the last two thousand years. That'll teach her about self-respect! Oh, and they all love each other. Who'd have guessed ...
This is followed by shower sex, where A declares that B is always beautiful, which apparently has turned from a generic through-away-compliment into the most romantic thing anyone ever has said to anyone.
They get interrupted by their daughter using the toilet - which causes the butchy-one to get caught out naked, which the housewifey one complains about immediately. If it bothers you, lock the fucking door! Also, the daughter is 4 years old, she won't give a shit! Heck, some would say it's nice family bonding - ask the Japanese ...
After that, the mother visits, but butchy-one forgot to tell the house-wifey one. Apparently despite the mother and the housewife constantly phoning they are incapable of announcing the visit to each other themselves. Then butchy-one picks up the mother from the airport where she gets lectured that she spent too much of her life as a single, which of course is the biggest sin anyone could possibly commit. Despite now basically being married with already two little girls, of course all her previous life was a complete waste. Every single woman exists in abject misery all her time ...

Grrr. Unneeded sequel.
>>
Is anyone able to post a dl of a carsen Taite collection? Im having trouble with the mobilism links. Thanks
>>
>>2367049
since i was working outside in the highest temps of the summer (117F) so far i feel like im obligated to chuckle a little. but you can laugh all you want when it's winter.

was just curious if any other anons were stupid enough to get themselves cooked during the heatwave here. at least i'm a nicer shade of brown.

are there many lesbian writers in germany?
>>
>>2370815
Just look at Ylva Publishing for lesbian German writers.
>>
>>2370815
Can't say for sure. There's definitely some. Translations aside, there's a bunch of erotica, some fairly messed up, of course, then the typical themes of romance, urban fantasy, scifi and such, written by self-published authors.

I read one about some type of international space station where one after another the humans were killed, which I thought was fairly OK. Then one about some post-magical-apocalypse, a bit like this shitty English one - what's it called? Crucible of Change, right (although the German version didn't go het so there's that). With some dragon heroine. Decent idea and could have been worse but fairly amateurish. And one that I guess was kinda vampire-comedy, like, maybe? Wasn't sure I was supposed to laugh or not. Not exactly great either and the heroine likes Twilight, but, again, not that much worse than some random vamp novel that might be mentioned here.

So honestly can't say anyone missed anything. Or maybe I just haven't found the right ones. Unlike ama.com, ama.de has no separate categories for LGBT literature and I never looked beyond that.
>>
>>2370815
Jae is German.
>>
I've seen the Alpennia series getting a lot of praise so I decided to read the books.
I'm past 2/3 in the first book and I'm finding it so boring that I don't think I'll read the other ones.
>>
Cannon's Underdogs 6 is out. Solid as always, but I'd say one of the weaker novels of the series. In terms of personal development, there isn't much going on - it's basically about that they're content with the status quo. That's fine, too, but it's not as interest as eg when they had to deal with her "transformation sickness". Hopefully something new will come up in the series (although I have no idea what. Children? Can't quite see that happening...).

The mystery was a little too straight-forward, too. It was basically all solved too early, and the usual "action" sequence felt forced, as Ari did something rather stupid just so it could happen.

Otherwise, there's this sort of "oh, look, there's actually a mysterious conspiracy thing going on!" last chapter. I wouldn't quite call it a cliffhanger, as the novel as such is complete, but it's nonetheless blatant "hey, buy the next one to figure out what that is about!". Can't say I liked that. Hinting at it naturally during the plot? Totally fine, it's a series after all. But putting it at the back like an ad sucks.

>>2371279
It's definitely a series for people who liked slow-paced stuff. Wasn't my favorite either, but I thought it was at least solidly done and somewhat unique - unlike a lot of other FF fantasy series.
>>
>>2369775

I thought the sequel was cute, minus the part where they made the mother to be more snappy then she was actually but yeah, first novel was definitely the better one
>>
I need a meaty revenge-esque novel, any recs?
>>
>>2371301
I'll take any opportunity to recommend Fingersmith by Sarah Waters if you haven't read it yet. The revenge aspect might not be the way you are thinking, but it is a seriously good book.
>>
>>2369598
It was absolutely what I wanted & one which will definitely stick with me for a long time. But you're right, it's literally that last line. Fuck.
>>
>>2371301
Have you tried 'The Traitor Baru Cormorant'?
>>
>>2368669
Just finished this. It's not that bad. Maybe I was expecting too much
>>
Someone mentioned in another thread that these lit threads sometimes have writing prompts that people participate in. How often are those done and how many join in?
>>
>>2371909
Once in a while. And once in a while.
>>
>>2371909
They were weekly at first but every two weeks works much better. It would be a time for another just about now. I'd join in again or offer a prompt but I've been feeling really burned out as of late.
>>
Anyone has "Letters to Ovid" by Diana Schmuckal?
>>
Anyone have Whatever Gods May Be, Sophia Kell Hagin? It was mentioned last thread, isn't on IRC.
>>
>>2372449
it's in the pastebin mentioned in OP
>>
>>2372450
<3
>>
Tried Sidney Gibson's Revelry is a Decadence. Beautiful cover, but as some review pointed out, the writing is very much very meh. It's basically about some (temporarily) fallen angel falling for a vampire, and then other stuff happens - but I couldn't get into it. It just wasn't fun to read. The best thing about it is some 5-star review that's basically saying that the lack of editing is part of the artistic expression of the author and people who expect proper grammar, proofreading and so on are small-minded idiots. Right.

Also a sample of something called Moribund by GI Eldredge, which seems to be a fae-focused urban fantasy thing, with some (no pun intended) fairly unique concepts. First of all, there's some type of steam-punkish-magic-technology around. Secondly, the dark fae love interest is under some geas-like-compulsion to hunt down the light fae "princesses". She's already killed six of them; not that she wanted to. The seventh is obviously the other protagonist.
Might actually turn out to be quite interesting? But it'll only be out in September.
>>
File: sorting_u_books_I.png (457KB, 4923x1149px) Image search: [Google]
sorting_u_books_I.png
457KB, 4923x1149px
New thread, new chart. Didn't think I increased the size since last time, but apparently it's now too large to upload in one part. Tsk. It's not like we're back in the 56k modem era!

Didn't find anything truly remarkable since last time. Raven Stratagem is probably the best new novel, but it's not very u. Just kind of u. If there were hundreds of great alternatives it probably wouldn't be on it.

But I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon.
>>
File: sorting_u_books_II.png (451KB, 5320x1149px) Image search: [Google]
sorting_u_books_II.png
451KB, 5320x1149px
And part two. Maybe I should look for some more weird shit.
>>
>>2371705
I expected a lot more fucked up shit to happen to the MC. As it is, stuff is mostly happening to people and the world around her. In some ways, it does make everything look bleaker, since it's not something she can actually do anything about, but overall I always felt like all the good, awfully terrible things that I picked the book up for were happening somewhere else.

Still a nice read, though.
>>
File: Nice weather.png (297KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Nice weather.png
297KB, 800x800px
Migrating from the other thread to find people willing to critique--as nervous as I am to ask. If anyone wants feedback on their writing, post something up and I'll be more than willing to (try) helping.

Did a prompt I saw on an older thread about trains.

https://pastebin.com/NGT9rXEV

>>2371909
I thought of a prompt. A character dies and returns to her lover as a ghost to flirt, but she keeps spooking out her lover.

I'll write out this prompt hopefully later today if neither me or my fleeting passion to write dies.
>>
>>2372759
I actually had a concept involving a lesbian ghost haunting her lover, but although it's much darker than you suggested. Unfortunately I lack the discipline to fill an entire novel's worth of content that would be required to actually do the story justice.
>>
>>2372759
Hey, good stuff! You got something sweet out of such a short story. That ain't too easy.
I liked the way you conveyed how nervous Squirrel Girl was when she wanted to ask for the main character's number. How we know from her comment on the weather, staying on the train too long, and missing her own stop, instead of being being given descriptions of fidgeting, nervous glances and such.

I didn't understand this sentence:
"A month had passed since I transferred schools, and though we had different uniforms, as little as taking the train station was a little special, as if coincidence was enough to create meaning."

Maybe it's the "taking the train station" part that's throwing me off the most. Did you mean something along the lines of: "something as insignificant as taking the train felt special"?
>>
>>2372785
Yeah, it's hard to start or keep going. I wanted to make the prompt on a lighter note because I want to learn more about comedy.
>>
>>2372787
Ahh, now that you mention it that sentence is kinda weird. It might be better to say:

as little as sharing the same train was somewhat special

I was trying to give quick exposition that the protagonist just moved, she and the other girl go to different schools--seeing each other from one stop to the next.

Thanks for your input, I'll edit it a little.
>>
>>2372759
>https://pastebin.com/NGT9rXEV

Cute. I like the narrative voice; sort of reminds me of a hardboiled story. One criticism: you should definitely mention that she always gets off at Ueno beforehand, at least once and possibly twice, so that the surprise doesn't need to be signposted when she doesn't get up. (Also a dialogue punctuation error on line 17, but technicalities gonna technical.)

What does the moon-rune title mean?
>>
>>2372759
This was really cute. You managed to get a lot from so few words. You also did a very good job giving the squirrely girl a strong sense of character with a pretty brief description.

You might want to think about adding an asterisk or two to her name though. At first I thought she said her name was Bitch until I got what you were going for.

I'll take a shot at writing your prompt some point over the next few days.
>>
Does anyone have A Kiss Before Dawn by Laurie Salzler? I can only find it in pdf and converting it to epub makes a mess with the format.
>>
>>2373355
Nvm, found a way to fix it.
>>
Does anyone have the epub of Winter Jacket book 4?
>>
>>2373439
http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1292&t=1582399&hilit=winter+jacket+all+in
>>
Any interesting or fun new genre fiction coming out this year?
I'm a sucker for edgy lesbian snow white retellings so Girls Made of Snow and Glass is in my view, Ancient Ruins 3 will be out later this year and that's always shlocky fun and >>2372504 looks interesting. Is there any less heady or contemplative sci-fi stuff coming out soon? Shit, is there any sci-fi stuff coming out soon?
>>
>>2367124
How /u/ content are they? Concentrated, sprinkled?
>>
>>2373576
The romantic relationship between the MCs is the main focus in all the contemporary books.
The Dark wife is the only other book on the list I've read, but the same goes for that one.
But I'll guarantee that the /u/ isn't just a minor or irrelevant part in any of them. They wouldn't be on the chart otherwise.
>>
>>2373439
TIL there is now a book 4. Thanks :)
>>
I readed some things.

Sybil Smith's Losing Control. Rubbish.
Somerville's The Resurrection of Grace. Crap.
Anna Kopp's Rise of the Chosen. Garbage. Alright, some might like this, if they don't mind the heroine's decisions.

Lesley Davis' Truth Behind the Mask. Not as bad as the others but if I wanted to read this type of "damsel in distress" romance I'd grab a het romance. No thanks.

I also read Manda Scott's Hen's Teeth. It was ... good? Never heard of the author before, but it's a fairly decent medical crime investigation thingy. Nicely fast-paced. Not perfect, but solid, with a touch of weird (good weird).

And CP Rowlands' Hardwired. Kind of similar to Scott in that it feels very fast-paced. The beginning made me wonder whether it's actually the sequel to something. It's a bit about child homelessness, but mostly about romance and family and friends, I guess. The end felt too neat for me, and some details are a bit odd - like, the love interest loves reading, and reads all the time, but she doesn't know the word "hardwired"?! I suppose it's not impossible, but I'm not sure I'd have done this blatant title-insertion thing like this.
But by and large it was fairly OK.
>>
>>2373566
Some scifi stuff came out lately, but I can't guarantee their quality:
Zan Duun's Resistance - preview seems a bit stupid, to be honest. King knocks on door of fleeing daughter, who then goes dress herself differently, has a chat with her lover, and her child hood friend, and only then flees. Right. While the guards stand around doing nothing?

Adan Ranie's Banquet which is supposedly rather weird which could mean good ... or not.

G'Fellers' The Surrogate. No idea how /u/ it is and what's it about, the start was rather odd. It's probably fairly "heady and contemplative".

A bit further back is Fields' Ardulum which I thought was OK, but doesn't have anything /u/ so far.
>>
Does anyone have But she is my student by Kiki Archer? (and maybe its sequel). Couldn't find it anywhere; I've only found torrents which aren't downloading.
>>
>>2373851
>But she is my student by Kiki Archer
Here ya go, sis. Sequel included:
http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/RYwJT5zM/file.html
>>
>>2373566
K Arsenault Rivera's The Tiger’s Daughter.
http://www.tor.com/2017/05/30/excerpts-k-arsenault-rivera-the-tigers-daughter-chapter-1/
>>
>>2373869
Loving you right now; you made my night. Thanks a lot!
>>
>>2367123
do you /u/sers reccomend a kindle? for some reason i can't get used to reading on tablet. i was thinking of getting one. how pirating works on kindle? is it complicated? i'm not good with these new technologies.
>>
>>2374143
Kindle is pretty good, the paperwhite models are arguably the best daily/casual use ebook readers available right now.
Copying any book you have in digital format on your PC to another device is really not that complicated, the biggest issue with any Kindle being that it cannot read .epub files (I believe this is still true for all models) which is atm the most used format I think.

Pretty much everyone recommends using Calibre, it's a program for your PC (I think there are also Mac/Linux versions) that manages your digital ebook library. Comes in very handy because it also does format conversion, say from .epub to .mobi/.azw3 (Kindle supported formats) and you can do that as you send the files to your device. Even if you decide not to use Calibre to sync your PC digital library with your device, it is still probably the best program to use for format conversions only, so yeah, download an learn how to use Calibre. (Really not that hard, and if you get stuck there's loads of help on google.)

One thing I haven't been keeping up tabs with regarding the "ebook readers vs tablets for reading" is PDF material. Ebook readers used to suck at displaying PDFs, and conversion from .PDF to .epub/.mobi sucks (whereas .epub to .mobi conversion is a non-issue). While the conversion has not improved by much in the last few years, I don't know how good ebook readers have become at displaying PDFs. This is something you might have to take into account if you have/read a lot of PDFs.

Another thing about Calibre is that it is a very powerful tool for managing every aspect of your digital library. There are tons of options for conversion, editing, viewing, etc. For your day to day reading these options are probably too much, but every once in a while you see someone ask for a "fixed" version of a book in .epub or something, and if there isn't a better official release available, many times the fixes come from those who use Calibre's advanced options to their full potential.
>>
>>2374208
Interesting, I've never hit a char limit before.

To summarize a bit:
-Kindle is pretty good
-get and use Calibre, seriously
-tablets might still be better for some things

>>2373576
Made the guide, everything on there is /u/ to the extent that the MC is lesbian and, probably at some point in the story, in a relationship with another woman. As >>2373581 said, the contemporary stuff is very /u/ relationship focused, but the other works require a little bit of digging to see if they're your kind of /u/ focus.
For example Carmilla, compared to current /u/ literature is more subtle, but in the late 19th century the only reason the work was not censored is that it ended on what at those times the public perceived a morally just standpoint the evil seductress dies because her existence is an affront to Gods morality, aka the Good (read Christian or whatever) will win over the Evil (homosexuality and such grotesque ideas) with the help of God.
Another example could be Slow River, in the SciFi line. To me it felt like the overall focus of the story is how the MC handles all the hardships she's faced in her life, and how her character develops because of it. Being lesbian was in a way setting up unique circumstances of some of the hardships, but at least to me, it did not feel that integral to the story, so if you took the /u/ away, the plot could still function to an extent. I can imagine many disagreeing with me here tho.
And if we contrast that to, say, Something in the Wine, under contemporary humor, where the MC does not know she's gay yet..., if you take the much more integral /u/ theme away here, the whole plot becomes essentially meaningless.

Hrmm, maybe the next guide I need to make is "How to /u/se Calibre".
>>
>>2374143
I have a Tolino and haven't found any reason to complain yet. But I never touched a Kindle to compare (out of principle).
>>
>>2374208
>I don't know how good ebook readers have become at displaying PDFs
Can't vouch for Kindle, but my cheap as dirt Sony reader can display them just fine. The problems arise when I'm trying to read books with pages that are significantly larger than my reader's screen. Which is, unfortunately, often the case when it comes to PDFs.

People who need to read PDFs on a daily basis usually prefer tablets. They're also pretty handy for reading comic books, if you're into that.
>>
Any kid friendly fantasy lit? I don't like erotica really. Preferably something whimsical and imaginative, really can't stand dark and edgy.
>>
>>2374442
Theres jennie taylor faerie queen its sorta has a cute edge to it and if i remember its kid friendly its a ok read in my opinion. Heres the goodresds page for it https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28480109-faerie-queen#
>>
Read Freysson's The War of the Usurper. Didn't even know it was /u/, but the (arguable) main character gets a girlfriend as the plot progresses.
That being said it's extreme-multi-POVing, basically a series of connected short stories, so even the heroine only gets 2 POV parts (although she appears frequently) so obviously the romance is an absolutely minuscule portion of the entire thing. Shame though, since it's actually quite sweet.

It's fun military scifi, but very rushed due to all those POVs. Gives a nice overview of the war, via all those different perspectives, but it needed to be longer.

Also Avery Adam's Death Wears Purple Lip Gloss. In-the-closet lesbian meets a strange girl at a funeral, goes getting smashed, has hot sex etc - and then strange things happen. It's short and fun, but also vaguely depressing. The mother is a Christian piece of shit in any case.
>>
>>2372787
>>2373069
>>2373293

Thanks for your input, I made a couple of small changes. Moonrunes say: nice weather, isn't it.

>>2372759
Looks l'm first to respond to my own prompt. Something feels off, but I can't wrap my head around it; too lazy to do more than this for now. I'll try to forget about it and draft again another day...maybe.

https://pastebin.com/avYwUYD1
>>
>>2374646
>Something feels off, but I can't wrap my head around it
Probably not what you're thinking of, but it's less spooky and more sexy.
>>
test
>>
Hello, onee-samas, I'd like to request some help if it's not trouble. I can't sleep without reading a bit first, so I always have a lot of /u/ novels lined up in my Kindle. I usually go for dystopias, sci-fi and books that are a bit gritty (I was the one who posted the list of darkish gritty books in the previous thread). But something terrible happened a few days ago, I am sad all the time and I can't read those books right now, I can't.

I am going to need light and fun readings to last me a few months, but I don't know many of those. I have seen Robin Alexander and L.J. Baker rec'ed for feel good books before. Can /u/ give me a hand here with some others, please? I would be in /u/r debt.
>>
>>2374860
Maybe some sweetness in short bursts would be perfect for those pre-sleep good feels? You could look for short story collections and anthologies. They're generally lighthearted if romance is the theme. To get you started:

Girls Next Door, edited by Sandy Lowe & Stacia Seaman.
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/Lzhtga2a/file.html
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32072997-girls-next-door
>>
Anyone have Ardulum First Don – JS Fields?
>>
Hey /u/, help me out here please.
There are several lists here that sort most recommendations by genre. I'm looking for a listing of recommendations that is categorized by the type of relationship between the (usually) 2 protagonists of the story.

To be honest, I'm a sucker for disgustingly cute shit, involving blushing and the like -- ideally a dynamic of an inexperienced and shy (and possibly unsure about her sexuality) and a confident character. It doesn't have to be a butch-pairing. Maybe you girls can help me out?
>>
>>2375285
Mmm... The Blind Side of Love by Ingrid Díaz, maybe?

You could browse the toaster oven tag on goodreads and see if you find anything that sounds interesting. In case you're unfamiliar with the term, it's basically when a girl who thought she was straight is won over to the pure side. Many of the books with this tag should match your request. Hopefully.
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/toaster-oven
>>
>>2374863
Thank you so much, onee-chan, you are a star.
>>
>>2375294
Thank you so much!
>>
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate spot or not, but I recently got a writing suggestion from a girlfriend of mine. Her desires were complex, but I nailed them down in a rather simple manner. Long story short: It was to star a Mermaid who goes looking for an enchanting human woman since she's grown bored of men, then eventually seduces her from her husband. I just completed it, and it's about 3k words. She hasn't responded yet as she recently went to bed and I was wondering if anyone was feeling adventurous or helpful? Takes place in the early formation of western culture, the early days of Rome.

https://pastebin.com/zYvqd6GT
>>
>>2376525
The story was good, it's nice that it's an open-ish ending. Could make for a pretty decent short story should you choose to expand on it and tweak earlier parts. Though I can't see a happy ending if it gets more.

Too many exclamation marks used though, and you should watch your phrase usage, like 'eyes fire open'. There were a couple of instances where the 'pov change' (so to speak) was unwise, if there is a need for it, don't do it in the same paragraph otherwise it just gets confusing.
>>
>>2376561
Understood. I suppose my overuse of certain phrases can be cut down in the future. Also I'm unsure if I'll make a continuation or not, as that's mostly up to her.
>>
Does anyone have Coils by Barbara Ann Wright? Can't seem to find it anywhere
>>
>>2373915
just read the first four chapters of this on the site you provided and I'm super excited for this to drop in October. I just pre-ordered it on amazon. This reminds me, so far, of when women were warriors a little bit.
>>
Anone have any werewolf or other shifter romance that came out in last year or 2 i recently read c.s reveles lone omega which i personaly liked and it made me crave more. If anyones wondering its a book where a werewolf and a werewolf hunter fall in love though the werewolf hunter doesnt want to take over the family buisness. It could of been longer in my opinion though.
>>
Hi, does anyone have a download link for Alexis's memories by Melanie Jackson?
>>
>>2377253
Five Moons Rising by Lise MacTague is basically the same thing as the one you told but have other supernatural thing such as vampires and demons.

Pure of Heart by Danielle Parker is a good book, first one of a series though.
>>
Read Elizabeth Watasin's Monster Stalker. It's about vampire and Bear who end up in a parallel-world sometime in the future, where there's ... everything? Gods and vampires and cyborgs and a/the? British Queen; magic, advanced technology, stuff that's basically both, and so on and so on.

Nico, the heroine, is a great character. She's fairly badass: when she gets going, she isn't easy to stop. At the same time her past has made her vulnerable, and that she's walking around with Bear just makes sooo much sense (she even makes it wave at people).

Anyway, having the "maker" of a vampire being somebody evil isn't a new idea, but although the reader meets this one only through hints he's seriously fucked up. One my abuse-o-meter this novel ranks very high up. It's bearable (ha ha ha) since it's only in the past; otherwise I really wouldn't have wanted to read this.

Setting is a fun mess, plot is a bit so-so but has it's moments. Covers some pretty grim topics.
There's a bit of romance, too, with a witch, which is fairly cute, and a vampiress, who is hot but it's a bit unclear whether she has anything going for her except her amazing legs, style and money and ... maybe that's enough.

There's also an overpriced sequel I haven't read and a short story in the same setting with different characters that's very confusing, also fairly fucked up, but also kinda fun.

>>2377481
>Pure of Heart
Good thing the sequel was announced for September last year or something. Sigh. At least the author hasn't completely disappeared of the face of the earth.
>>
Would someone post just like that by karin Kallmaker. In the version i have half of it is missing!!
>>
>>2377692
Do you by chance have a link to download monster stalker by chance?
>>
Im looking for Birthright by Missouri Vaun. It was posted on mobilism but the link is dead. Has someone here managed to grab it before it went down?
>>
>>2378365
Here you go i grabbed it when it firat popped up http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/jDgfO6bz/file.html
>>
While we are on the topic of werewolves and authors completely disappearing from the face of the earth, does anybody know what happened with the Psyche Moon series by Chrissie Buhr? I kinda enjoyed them. There is a preview for the 4th book in the last one IIRC but from what I can tell the last time the author was active on the internet was over 2 years ago. :/

>>2378395
Nice, thank you!
>>
>>2372759
https://pastebin.com/kfgtCxXG

I wrote a thing for this, though I'm not really liking how it turned out.
>>
>>2378499
I enjoyed the humor. It's not every day that you get a zombie POV. I would've liked to read a little bit about their backstories, maybe how the zombie girl and her girlfriend originally met before the apocalypse or something.
>>
Any good /u/ reqs for "Woman falls in love with an alien or alt species?"
>>
>>2379179
Theres, a date with angel and other things that weren't supposed to happen by j. Judkins
>>
>>2379179
deep merge was pretty decent
>>
>>2379179
afterglow from stein willard was ok. ending seems to setup a series.
>>
Anyone can share a download link for afterglow by stein willard?
>>
Revelry is a Decadence by Sydney Gibson. A fallen angel finds instant soulmate love with a vampire. This was not great. Apart from the bad writing that was talked about before the book constantly feels like it's running in place with all the "i luvy wuvy you" and then ends kinda abruptly. I never throw this accusation out but damn the angel was a mary sue. I like my protags to be exceptional but she took it to that really annoying level. The love interest getting super strong by the end was interesting but that's really it. Great cover art though.
>>
Auralight Codex by Shei Darksbane. A security guard accidentally gets magic powers and is introduced to the secret world of vampires and the like while discovering that she's been a werewolf for years. These were pretty fun. They are lighthearted and have really good action scenes (a fight with a certain creature in the second book was fantastic) and the main character is nothing special combat wise but is competent enough that it's enjoyable. The LI is a rather powerful vampire and there's a love triangle that isn't angsty or hateful or anything. I just cringe at the memespouting.
>>
>>2380084
>I just cringe at the memespouting.
I'm strangely curious.
>>
>>2380106
The MC is a "quirky" nerd and she likes to make pop culture references whenever she's talking to someone, a few of them being internet cylture references.
>>
Jaden's Heart and Alexis's Memories by Melanie Jackson. Rather enjoyable vampire urban fantasy about a vampire falling for a homeless girl and taking her in. The plot then focuses on an attack on the vampire communities by bad guys. The second book suffers a bit from the usual second in a trilogy syndrome of not much happening for most of . but the third one looks like it maybe full of vampire politics and I hope Jaden does more to grab power/subvert the council's will.
>>
Hey /u/lit/, I'm looking for sci-fi themed book where the setting is a women only planet. Preferably no men in sight. Any suggestions?
>>
Destiny Abound by the Darksbanes. A fun spaceship sci-fi about an odd group of people working as interstellar couriers. Just one thing really bugged me and it's kinda petty. I really liked the MCs together and thought that they would be a couple but halfway through the book the one character in the book I disliked joins the crew and she turns out to be one of those MCs love interests. Still a good book.
>>2380164
Have you read Ammonite and the Celaeno series? I believe that the recommendation picture posted earlier in the thread has a women only world tag.
>>
>>2369274
>kate sweeneys moonbeams and skye
I do! The torrent I found finally worked. Good things... and all that.

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/HNsQ7B1Z/file.html
>>
>>>2380164 (You)
>Have you read Ammonite and the Celaeno series? I believe that the recommendation picture posted earlier in the thread has a women only world tag.

Ah no I haven't, will definitely check it out, thanks!
>>
>>2380050
http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/dnD9hsaK/file.html
>>
File: 14649555.jpg (21KB, 312x475px) Image search: [Google]
14649555.jpg
21KB, 312x475px
Has The Miseducation of Cameron Post been discussed here ? I don't recall hearing about it and just found out they were shooting an adaptation with Chloe Moretz.

Anyone read it ? Opinions ?
>>
>>2380468
That's cool. Maybe I'll read it next so I've read it before watching the movie.
But reading about the book, I'm kind of hesitant. Sounds like it may feel incomplete? I'd also want to know what kind of ending it has.
>>
>>2380468
Until the last part of the book I was loving it, like 10/10 loving, it has a great story telling and the character grown is good. I didn't like the last part though : Cameron is forced to go to a "conversion center" where they try to make the gay kids go back to "normal", she leaves there with some friends she made and that's it, it doesn't have a good ending /u/- wise
>>
>>2380567
>>2380468
From what I'm reading about the adaptation seems like they will focus on the last part of the book so I'm not having high hopes for it.
>>
anyone have/can share Pawns and Puzzles from S. Ettritch?
>>
I'm looking for the first and second books in the Garoul series. I can't find them anywhere. Could someone help me out?
>>
>>2380468
I read it a while back, and enjoyed it well enough. It really is a coming-of-age novel though, if you're looking for romance I wouldn't suggest it. I also found the ending section weaker than the rest. I'm looking forward to the adaption anyway.
>>
>>2381842
http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/VCCv60fm/file.html
First 3 books even.
>>
So I got my hands on Cassidy James 6, 7 and 8. I almost wish I hadn't. Rant:
I liked the series because it was down-to-earth. The heroine had some troubles but it wasn't a huge drama, the cases were interesting but nothing too crazy, and there was a bit of romance but nothing that distracted too much from the actual plot.

Then comes novel 6. I hate everything about it:
The killer sends telepathic dreams to the heroine's client, then later to the heroine.

Essentially, she solves the case by picking up telepathic messages. What the fuck? Just to be clear: this is a perfectly mundane series. I hoped it was some type of "maybe she's subconsciously picking up murder clues or trying to distract from how she actually knows..." - but it soon became obvious that the author was serious.

So, alright, that case was a bust. But it didn't stop there, oh no! Because the client is her ex, and we know what that means: they get back together. Despite the ex just running away with an ex of her own for a year! And, worse, all the heroine's friends encourage her to get back together, and admonish her for hesitating. The fuck?!

Then comes book 7.
We're back to mundane investigations now. But already the damage has been done: she says handwriting science is not really a true science, and I'm like 'yeah but telepathy is obviously!' Sigh.

Otherwise the case was an interesting idea, but guess what? She broke up with her ex, between books! Again. And who is her new client? Her other ex! The one not even living close by. The one who's previously cheated on her. Guess what happens? Guess what her friends think would be good for her? Is everyone insane in this world?

So I finally pick book 8.
She broke up with her ex, between books, again! And her new client is ... another ex! Thank God not the love interest, but I just couldn't give a shit anymore. They'll break up after the novel is over anyway, so why care?

What a disappointment.
>>
>>2381994
Clearly the author is out of ideas.
>>
Also gave the Dragonwitch Tale preview by Shannon Harris a try, but, urk. It felt a lot like a Wattpad story. Sexy otherdimensional lesbian pops up in the heroine's living room, puts a cuff around her wrist, bam, they're magically married as destiny has decreed!
And her parent/grandparents knew it'd happen but they never bothered to tell her because reasons. And the heroine is kinda like "well this is a bit annoying but whatever, who cares that in the last 5 seconds some random stranger decided the rest of my life for me without even bothering to explain anything, of course I don't mind". Meh.

>>2381996
Heh'. I don't think she's written anything since 1998 or something so it might be true; it's just some of her novels got re-released by Bella Books. But for the Cassidy series only 1-4, which is kinda annoying.

Still like those first 5, mostly, but this rapid decline towards the end is going to bug me for a while now. Grrr.

>>2377726
It's cheap and author's should be supported, but what can I say? Maybe it'll get someone to buy her other novels ...
http://www119.zippyshare.com/v/rR8MP1UB/file.html
>>
>>2382000
>Also gave the Dragonwitch Tale preview by Shannon Harris a try, but, urk. It felt a lot like a Wattpad story. Sexy otherdimensional lesbian pops up in the heroine's living room, puts a cuff around her wrist, bam, they're magically married as destiny has decreed!
>And her parent/grandparents knew it'd happen but they never bothered to tell her because reasons. And the heroine is kinda like "well this is a bit annoying but whatever, who cares that in the last 5 seconds some random stranger decided the rest of my life for me without even bothering to explain anything, of course I don't mind". Meh.

Could you share?
>>
>>2381994
I don't have the time or patience to read books that will just make me mad. You must have an insatiable appetite for punishment.
>>
>>2382113
It's just the preview? Read it on Amazon or wherever for free.

>>2382118
Wait; so you are saying I'm basically like the heroine in those novels with her romantic choices? How meta ...

But seriously, if it had been an ebook series I wouldn't have bothered, but after ordering the novels and waiting for weeks for them to arrive I didn't feel like setting them on fire without reading them first.

Plus, the author deserved a second chance.And it's not like I have anything else to read now, either. Sigh.
>>
>>2382135
>And it's not like I have anything else to read now, either. Sigh.
well if you're that anon that has been reviewing all those books since a few threads ago you must have become a fucking encyclopaedia on what (not) to do in books

so now this is it

you have to write your very own book onee-sama
>>
>>2382233
That's right. Unfortunately, I seem to be born closely aligned to That Which Destroys, which makes me good at complaining, but supremely bad at actually creating anything.

Except perhaps "The Book on Lesbian Tropes (and why I fucking hate them)" but I fear writing that would get me murdered by enraged Xena-fic writers, so I'll just keep up my daily penance of reading badly written Kindle Unlimited publications in the hopes that one day the Gods of Literature will descend and hand out a bunch of Baru Cormorant sequels.

Or something.
>>
>>2382305
>The Book on Lesbian Tropes (and why I fucking hate them)
I would read this.

What's number one?
>>
>>2381868
Thanks so much.
>>
>>2382473
Of course, that'd be instant-attraction/love, how authors are notoriously incapable of telling the difference, and everything related to it.

I'd probably need about 120 pages to cover that one.
>>
>>2382702
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
>>
So, how many more years until news about the sequels of Mermaids of Eriana Kwai,
Goblin Fires,Arravan, Scholars and Sorcery,
The Glass Pantheon, The Apothecary Chronicles and the Faoladh Series?
>>
>>2382795
Goblin Fires has a het sequel, as recently discussed. Or do you mean another one beyond that?

The Apothecary Chronicles and Faoladh - well, at least the authors are noticeably alive.

Talking about sequels, the A Date with Angel sequel, renamed to ... err. 'The Dark Path of Romance' is supposedly in editing. So maybe that's happening at some point not too far away?
>>
>>2382818
Isn't it just a short story? I didn't even tried to read it.
>>
>>2382840
The A Date With Angel sequel or what are we talking about now? There's only 8 chapters posted, but it's not the full story.

No idea how long it'll actually be.

Goblin Fires has a full sequel, too. 260 pages of het ("Elfin Nights").
But she's released a sequel to her vampire thing not too long ago I think, so, who knows, there might be a third novel at some point?
>>
>>2382795
Speaking of Apothecary Chronicles, I just finished Along Came Cyrene and quite enjoyed it. Sure the MC is super competent at everything and smug about it and always in control of the situation, but she's also really hammy and somewhat morally off. That plus her dom tendencies and the creature that she was (it was easy to guess early in the story) made me like it quite a bit. GR says the book came out on December 2016 so I wouldn't worry about the sequel yet.
Too bad about Goblin Fires, I rolled my eyes everytime the MCs brother came up in that book but I guess her fans wanted more of him?
The MIA sequel I'm looking for is a third Kate Kane Mystery. I also didn't read the Crimson Dawn sequel because I heard the 2nd book doesn't conclude shit and the third is MIA.
>>
>>2382842
Was talking about Goblin Fires, the sequel wasn't listed on goodreads as the same series so I didn't even know. It's a shame though, I liked the first book.
>>
>>2382848
Like the Winter Pennington stuff and Dark Mirror. Or The Lucid or what's it called (and that with that horrible, horrible end). I don't see any of the ever be concluded, to be honest. Psyche Moon probably also not.

Along Came Cyrene I just re-read lately; I was bit shocked about badly edited it was. Honestly remembered it a bit better in that regard.
But I agree, it's largely a fun novel nonetheless. Bit different. And their relationship is nice - cute and sexy.

>>2382849
Ah. Sucks when that happens, also on amazon. Don't get why some authors don't properly put their works into "series" for easy browsing, I mean, surely that's commercially advantageous, if nothing else? Oh well.
>>
>>2382305
>which makes me good at complaining, but supremely bad at actually creating anything.

girl, there are actual wattpad stories getting edited and sold in libraries. you can't do worse.

also, I second the idea of the lesbian tropes encyclopaedia
>>
>>2376850
Got interested in this one aswell, anybody can provide a link?
>>
>>2382930
I think a big problem with a potential lesbian tropes book is seperating tropes that are common in general low tier romance novels with those found in /u/ novels.
>>
>>2371279
I know what you mean, the pacing might be the weak point of the book, but the prose and the world building made up for it imo. Felt refreshing, as someone said in an other post.

>>2382953
I trust our venerable onee-sama to sort through that
>>
Any have link to Dog Biscuits by Geonn Cannon? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
>>
Is there any goddess or demi-goddess /u/ apart from Broken coil and Dark Wife?
>>
>>2383366
>>2376850
>Coils by Barbara Ann Wright
>>
>>2382953
Good point. It's mostly about which ones are used, not so much that there are entirely new ones.

>>2382930
>>2383124
I must be insane, but here are 28 pages for 12 lesbian tropes.
http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/uNR5og72/file.html

I'm not entirely sure what the point of the ranting-exercise was, but I have to conclude that it didn't help. With whatever it was supposed to help.
>>
>>2383717
subscribe

Also, goddammit, you have got me worrying about my characters' eye colours now...
>>
>>2383717
Seems to be less about lesbian tropes and more about tropes present in lesbian literature. Obviously homophobia and other specific ones are more relevant to /u/ subject matter, but the majority seem to be tropes that are potentially bad/lazy anywhere they're applied.

Also, the het equivalent for Inescapable Family Prison is:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MalignedMixedMarriage
>>
>>2383717
>I must be insane, but here are 28 pages for 12 lesbian tropes.
Wow onee-sama, that was a really entertaining read. So much truth. My last three reads have had green-eyed mains whose sex was mind-blowing because their deep emotional connection, nurtured for the insanely long period of two weeks, allowed them to just know what the other wanted without verbal communication.

The ex is the trope I personally dislike the most. Has an ex ever poped up, shown no interest in the MC, helped the MC through some minor emotional distress, and then they remain just friends?

While I totally agree on the fate trope, I kind of like it at the same time. It's like an arranged marriage where the two grow into love in the end. Now of course, I don't want their attraction to solely be because of that bond of fate basically brainwashing them, or combine it with instant attraction. I want fate to keep pushing them together to show how fucking compatible they are.
>>
>>2383717
Good stuff. The rant at the start felt like it sprawled out of control a bit, but otherwise this was an interesting read, especially the bit about instant attraction. I think I've actually read some writing guides that argue in favor of establishing attraction early on in romance. I particularly liked your point about a lesbian character being defined by her like of women, which makes the trope's presence in F/F writing understandable.
>>
>>2383774
Make the green-eyed the bigger butch and the blue-eyed a complete femme and you'll confuse the crap out of everyone.

Maybe.

>>2383776
Yes, it wasn't exactly scientifically researched and the "tropes" are fairly ill-defined in any case (didn't even provide examples, tsk). Also, much biased towards the romances. I wasn't pleased with that, but they are easiest to rant about.

That bad, or rather, lazy writing issue - I suppose if the exercise had one results than that's it. Of course, I was aware of the various tropes before, but I never thought too much about why they happened in the first place and how they were a problem.
But mostly it's really just taking a short cut, isn't it?

That family prison thing was a bit difficult to properly put into words; it can entirely benign, too. Or at least be portrayed as such.

>>2383785
Dartt's Unexpected Sparks features the ex-husband dropping by to just voice his support and then leaving again.
Cannon's Underdogs series also has the main couple being friends with the ex of the shifter (fairly common actually, PIs having an ex help with whatever).

So as for all of those there are counter-examples.

Fated stuff I usually can't stand, and the list is entirely biased, so - but there'd for example be Hodgell's Kencyrath, where the heroine is the incarnation of one divine aspect of her Three-Faced God and I have zero complaints about that, so again it's not like there aren't counter-examples (I'm sure there are examples for good romance with that, too, just can't think of one right now).

>>2383792
True about the rant. Thought about kicking it out, but then decided "whatever". If it actually had been 300 pages instead of 30, it would have made more sense, is what I'm saying. Still, I think it partially explains my dislike of all those romance tropes.
>>
anyone got Blood Bound and Beautiful by Kierstin Cherry? Thanks
>>
Anyone have Thorns of the Past by Gun Brooke? Thanks!
>>
>>2384124
It's on mobilism.
>>
>>2383717
https://pastebin.com/6RvMpaYt

for /u/
>>
>>2384455
now spin it up to 30k words and put it on Kindle Unlimited
>>
>>2384455
I hate you for doing this before I had the chance. I also love the way how you wrote it.

>"Not so loud," she whispered, sitting down beside Celerity and leaning in dangerously close, so close that this mystery girl's coffee-scented breath tickled her nose and sent her intestines fluttering. "That's kind of a secret."

It reads like she shat herself. I love it.
>>
>>2384455
Nice. Personally I loved the cockroach best (what eye color do cockroaches have?)

>>2384473
There's enough space in the upcoming anthology for everyone.
>>
>>2384455
>On the other hand, if this girl wanted to take her ohm, well, she wouldn't resistor.

i am in physical pain.

>>2384476
does this count as a weekly prompt then?
>>
File: a brief study in economy.jpg (53KB, 1207x65px) Image search: [Google]
a brief study in economy.jpg
53KB, 1207x65px
>>2384455
>A connection so strong it echoed in her quivering colon
>the way they plunged into the depths of her wavering guts
>sent her intestines fluttering
>thought about it deep down in her undulating bowels
Sounds like she needs to go see a doctor about that bowel problem of hers.

Also, this is beautiful. Add a bit more tropes to it, dilute with overdone descriptions of the world and post it on tumblr. Fast forward two weeks later, you're now a famous writer making 10k internet points a month.

Every time I promise myself I will proofread my posts before clicking "Submit" whenever I try to shitpost on 4chan late at night and every time I forget to actually do it.
>>
>>2371279
I was in the same boat yesterday. I finished it and, while it is really well written, because of its pacing issues and somewhat unsatisfying ending (for me) I did not end up liking it as I expected.

I love slow burn romance, but I also want to see some closure in the end. It is the second time that I read a fantasy book where it ends with the main characters riding in a horse, but in this case the romance felt rushed in comparison to everything else. Perhaps if the sequels also followed the story between these two, I would be reading them. But there are new characters (well, some seen already) and I am not sure if I want to invest myself again.

Probably I will start next When Women Were Warriors but I accept recommedantions! My tastes:

I have already read and loved Celaeno series (hope I wrote the name right, my favourite was the one with the spies), the Mermaid series, the Traitor Baru Corvorant (I prefer this one over Daughter of Mystery), Slow River, Ammonite, Ice (the ending though), Icehole, Something in the Wine (mixed feelings, felt a bit fanfiction at times but I liked a lot the idea), Lady Knight (mixed feelings with the character progression of the widow), Snowbound, Desolation Point (not that much the sequel) and dunno right now.

Moderately liked: Engravings of Wraith, Thief of Always (but did not keep reading the rest, not interested enough), The Shewstone (disappointed with this one), Trigger, Blurred Lines, AZU-1 Lifehack, Good enought to eat, Rescue me, Accidental Love, the Snow Queen reimagination, DoM…

And disliked/tried: Goblin Fires, Spectrum (not sure why I stopped reading it, but I can't bother now), Broken Wings (the protagonist and pacing killed my enthusiasm), Dating Sarah Cooper, Taking flight (can't stand teenager romance and I'm unfamiliar with American culture like cheerleaders or orthodox parents), and playing the role of herself, Nova (boring, might try again)…

Sorry, always write too much.
>>
>>2383717
I really really understand what you say at the beginning. I also started the Wheel of Time series and the girls were the best part of said books, but then their biological clock turned on and I could not keep reading more.

Anyway, really interesting, gonna read the rest on my bed.
>>
>>2384507
The writing prompt didn't grow on the ashes of my burned lesbian books so I wouldn't know. Might be fun?

>>2384693
WWWW is fun. You can look at the chart further up for some more random stuff, if you feel like it.

>>2384704
It's such a shame, since I love long fantasy series. Unfortunately, it's hard getting over all the less-than-great stuff in WoT.

Back to a more regular program:
I finally read Sturgess' Gin and It. Couple move to a small village where weird stuff happens - psst, it's a secret sex club. So the locals, wary of outsiders "invading" their town, kind of try and "recruit" the protagonists.
And I think it's supposed to be - not to be taken so seriously? It's essentially about the idea that those country hicks are secretly all extremely kinky.
But it reads a lot like some very weird version of date-raping. Bluntly put, I never got comfortable with the novel. Except maybe for the end, when everything is worked out, but frankly it was a bit too randomly neat.

Also KA Tracy's Deadline. Since it's also Sam Perry 1, I assume it's a new mystery series. I'm always up for those. It's pretty solid. The heroine was quite likable, and how she went about investigating stuff made sense to me; and it was pretty detailed. Not just randomly finding 3-5 clues, she talks to a good dozen of people, phones around, interviews them, finds old paper scraps etc. Good work there.
But the case just wasn't very interesting. It was more interesting on the private side, which affected her love interest. But that just felt super-convoluted with no real "point" to why it had to be so complicated.

Also, the heroine is a journalist, and she breaks ~57 laws while figuring everything out. I don't my heroines being a bit "gray-ish", but all those privacy violations were disturbing.
Especially since when she publishes her story she's super-ethical about her love interest, ignoring everything she dug up there. Right. Hypocrite. But maybe I'm too serious there, too.
>>
>>2384455
Alright, there's another one:
https://pastebin.com/wXCFF2hL

Somehow, it turned into a weirdly perverted 4th wall thing. Huh. How did that happen?
>>
Anyone got Noble Heart by Jody Klaire? Thanks
>>
>>2385071
gotta confess I am having trouble reading this without blank lines separating paragraphs. I can just copy/paste into notepad and insert them by hand for legibility, but you're definitely going to turn off lazier readers who just won't bother.
>>
>>2385098
A point. Didn't really think about the fact that pastebin would ignore formating. Well, it's not really the point of the service, to be fair. Maybe I'll look for an alternative next time (if there is a next time).
>>
>>2385101
I use text editors to write anything intended for pastebin because I couldn't figure out how to automagically turn the indentations in office software into copyable tabs/spaces.
>>
Finished Arnold's Out of the Shadows. Supposedly it's a mystery, but if it is, it's a crappy one.

There's a serial killer/rapist around, kidnapping women and keeping them drugged while raping them for months before murdering them. And if that sounds fucked up then it's because it is. It doesn't get too graphic about it, but it's not a pleasant read.

There's also a sickly sweet romance as a counter-point to that. A is in love with B, bu can't tell her because - well, the author didn't come up with a reason so it was just the way it was. But B also loves A, except that she has a tiny reason not to say anything. Both have long, annoying monologues were they explain all that ("show, don't tell"?). Then a few pages later (after introducing their pets - a dog and a cat) they are together though, and it was all pointless anyway.

Then there's a large timeskip, the police found out nothing about the case, when it gets personal for AB. This solves the case, but the aftermath is something they are busy with for the rest of the novel. And it felt decently handled, but at the same time also stereotypical in places.

So I'm not sure what the novel wanted to be. The romance shouldn't have happened like this, because it was crap. The mystery involved no investigation or anything. And the rest seemed to be the biggest topic but wasn't really advertised and due to the constraints of having to handle those first two topics there wasn't that much time to handle it in depth either. Hum.

Needed a firm editor to turn it into something better.

>>2385132
It's not possible. Pastebin ignores all formating styles. It's primarily for code, so you really don't need extra paragraph spaces and such things.

There's other paste-pages around, though. I tried justpaste for formated text, but apparently 4chan thinks that that's spam. Well. Maybe it is? Heh.
>>
>>2385071

So, formatting issues aside: this was a fun little read. You've got some good lines in there; the not-AC/DC joke made me laugh, and the recurrent meta jokes were good.
>>
>>2385135
>Arnold's Out of the Shadows
I couldn't even finish it so I admire your persistence.
>>
>>2383717
Well, that was a fun read. I would also probably add "Every male character is an asshole/rapist/only thinks about sex" and/or "Every supportive character is either a (gay) woman or a gay man." Not sure how frequent these are, but I do encounter them fairly often. My own fault for reading trash, though.

I also fixed a couple of mistakes when I was skimming through. Hope you don't mind.
http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/GFF2MnYd/file.html
>>
>>2385366
B-but the artistic integrity!
No, it's appreciated, thanks. That therefor/e thing is just embarrassing. Tsk.

As for "all men all perverts" - I don't think it's too prevalent, but it should have been mentioned as a side-effect of the one-dimensional homophobe. This "I'd convince you to be heterosexual again if you just let me fuck/rape you" thing is fairly common, and the homophobes "somehow" are often crude perverts, as if one followed the other.

(this also plays into the good/bad pervert thing that sometimes happens in literature; essentially, if someone "good" is sexually harassing someone, it's supposed to be funny, endearing, whatever, but if it's somebody bad doing it - well, it's just evil)

If I had to say one thing about male characters in general I'd say "men are invisible". I'm not sure there's a single male character in lesbian novels that I find particularly memorable (now, if anyone sharp-minded asked me about memorable female characters I'd be in real trouble...). Not that that bothers me too much, I have to admit.

The "gay best friend" is certainly a thing, but I think that one's fairly believable so it doesn't annoy me too much, unless they are overbearing and constantly give always-right-advise. Which most likely they will do.
>>
Fine or Punishment by Mira Margrave is a pretty good erotic comedy. It's pretty hot, too. It is probably the first /u/ erotic comedy that I've read.
>>
>>2385786
>advise
"To advise" is a verb.
"Advice" is a noun.

You have been visited by the Grammar Police. Stay safe, citizen.
>>
>>2385860
that's how it's spelt in britain dingus
>>
>>2385867
Not sure if you're serious or joking about AmE and BrE having a lot of these s/c differences.
>>
>>2385840
Oh, agreed. It's quite cute. Wouldn't have minded a full novel with those two.

>>2385860
So noted.

>>2385867
Naw, that was German-English, more efficient by reducing the amount of vocabulary necessary. Two for the price of one! Also, the prize of one.
>>
What's new and good in a scifi/fantasy flavor?

I just finished the Shadow Campaigns which, while lacking much /u/ content, I was quite impressed with. Can't wait for the last book in January
>>
Green's Lattes and Lace. I kind of like it and I kind of don't. It's about two small-business owners, both of them rather work-oriented, both of them fairly mature about everything.
Starts out a bit as the classic "rivals to lovers" thing, but after the initial clash the author seemed to decide that there actually wasn't any reason why a coffee shop owner would have a rivalry with a lingerie designer. Then there was a broken window and a suspicious male ... which also turned out to be absolutely nothing and never came to any conclusion of any type. Huh.

Both women strike a friendship, and that friendship makes perfect sense and seems to work perfectly fine.
The romance, though - it was supposed to be a bit slow, but then at random times it suddenly got more physical/whatever, and it just felt, well, random.
Similarly there are some cliché lines that I found often pop up in romance - like A appreciating that B "challenged" her etc. But, initial clash aside, there frankly wasn't much of that so I didn't get why the romance was so focused on this.

I liked that the romance avoided a lot of the typical tropes and the women handled most things intelligently and didn't just give up on their businesses or anything. But it felt as if the author wanted to write a specific type of romance that actually didn't suit what she wrote at all. Weird.

Also DeMeritt's Building A Home, sequel to her poly-romance. I still like the poly-freshness. And there is some good, thoughtful stuff there. But there the quality is very so~so and there a bunch of scenes that felt way over the top or developments that were just way too rushed.
The overall progress of the "plot" wasn't that great. Felt like a typical middle part of a trilogy (no idea how many novels are planned).
There's a bit of a "BDSM is digusting" thing that kind of bugged me. I mean, it was an abusive relationship, but the heroine's reaction afterwards seemed extreme. Oddly intolerant for a poly-romance, frankly.
>>
I lied and I did not start WWWW because I found out I had another Fletcher's book in my ebook: The Exile and The Sorcerer. The first book was almost an introduction and the ending was quite broad. But I ended up not only reading the sequel, but also the third one. I recommend them a lot if you like a mix of everything (drama, politics, fluffly romance, not so fluffly romance, fantasy setting…).

Now I only have the fourth and last book left, but I am actually afraid of what I might find. Her last book in the Celaeno series was devastating and also it always makes me a bit sad when I finish a story knowning that I will never see those characters again or, even worse, an unsatisfying ending. The third book became darker then the first ones. And the last book apparently deals with an ex-lover of one of the main characters, so I do not know what to expect. Has anyone read The High Priest and The Idol?
>>
>>2386904
THAN*

Ugh, I hate it when I see it and now I made the mistake myself (along with the shitty formatting). Never use a device that does not have a decent keyboard.
>>
>>2386904
It's fine. Like the third book, it's more of a self contained story and felt like she could have continued the series after.
>>
Any anon got a opy to share of Rainey with a Chance of Hale by R. E Bradshaw?
>>
Farlow - A Quantum Convergence. Portal fantasy, essentially. Comes in three parts: first part where we get to know the environmentalist-heroine, which was OK, but felt a bit long for little relevance. Second part, where she ends up a different world and has to journey through snow storms and such with a rescued, injured Queen and her animal companions (two wolves and a horse...). By far the best part of the novel.
Then the third part of the novel where they have arrived and her new life begins, kind of, but it was a fucking mess.
Pretty stereotypical at times, like the talking animals, the couples telepathic bond that creates the romance, oh, and of course the mass-murdering evil guys are misogynistic AND bad for the environment! It's only a surprise that the good guys, the wise, matriarchal, technologically-advanced, telepathic pseudo-humans are actually not vegetarians. Huh.

CM Sipes - Darkness is Rising. Actually kind of OK vampire novel. It's sort of - casual about the entire thing? Slaughtering a village full of humans? Ah well, might not be nice, but killing is fun at least and they are tasty, so let's not worry too much...
Anyway, it's mostly about keeping vampires a secret, which means killing those that are too blatant about their murdering sprees. Also, bit of a "war" of the first ones, or maybe ancient gods interfering, or something. This is coupled with werewolves, witches and a touch of ... actually fairly cute romance with a psychopathic mass murderer.
Ends in the middle of fucking nowhere though.

Also, Alison Holt - Credo's Hope. It's an OK mystery with some issues that might or might not bother people, but mostly I'm here to say that while there is a potential lesbian love interest it doesn't "read very FF". dunno about the sequels, apparently there's something somewhere, but who knows how much ...
>>
So I decided to check out a goodreads list with asexual f/f romances and was surprised to see the Dragonoak books and Alpennia 2 there. I remember that the romance in Dragonoak was rather chaste but I assumed that the book was going for a more PG feel. Anyway, has anyone here found any decent a-spec f/f romances?
>>
Read Peccatum in Carne by *squints at the cover* Coco Mingolelli. Yay for student-teacher romance!

It's not complete rubbish. As the plot starts two weeks before the student graduates, technically it's admittedly "just" age gap (about ten years, so nothing too crazy), but it feels student-teacher-ish.

The romance is that they have lots of sex, which of course was expected when they both talk dirty in Latin and are from a Catholic all-girls school (I missed a ceterum censeo "joke" or something, to be honest).

The plot however is not so much about the romance and their regular sex, but about the fucked up father of the student and the havoc his fuckedupness caused and causes in their life. At first he seems only out to blackmail her into marrying someone he approves, but it soon becomes clear that her teacher's stoic demeanor is the result of a troubled past and guess who's mixed up in that!

Well, I didn't claim that it was a subtle novel.
There's two things I found a bit dubious - first, this is written by an author who is a professional grief/marriage/... counselor. So I would have expected the handling of emotional issues to well nuanced, but I'm kind of divided about how well that worked out.
Second, this is the first of a series. And it certainly ended in a conclusive manner. Both the romance as well as all the other issues seem cleared up. So it's just weird to expect a sequel here. Should I worry?

>>2387349
Have you read all three Dragonoak novels?
I think the asexuality refers to Rowan-Kouris. That might only be clear in book 3. I certainly didn't get that they were romantic partners before then.

Otherwise I can only think of Dianna Gunn's Keeper of the Dawn, which I didn't like very much (wasn't horrible, but ... well. It was fairly weakly written) and Foz Meadow's An Accident of Stars (features a secondary asexual character, but it's not a central part of the plot or romance in any way, unless I remember that wrong).
>>
>>2369371
Noooooo! Too late I think.
Care to share?
>>
Anyone has Tengoku by Rae D. Magdon?
>>
>>2385840
It's a very cute short piece for sure. I wouldn't say it's erotic though. It's on the verge, but just slightly not erotic. It's supposedly the first in a series, I hope the second one is about Jade, the MCs best friend.
>>
Woodcraft's Good Bad Woman. This is about a lesbian English barrister, which apparently has something to do with law and nothing with mixing drinks. It's well-written, a good change from the usual US mysteries and comes with a decent mystery - the heroine ends up being a murder suspect, but who actually did the deed? Who is trying to pin it on her and why?

My primary complaint would be that she's was fairly stupid a few times. There are often this type of "I can ask her later about this suspicious thing ... oops, I forgot" moments. It's not entirely unbelievable since she comes across as kinda - unmotivated? Flaky? Just not giving all that much shit? But it still was annoying once or twice. It's what makes her fun, though - paper work? Ah, can still be done next week. Phone that guy back? Maybe tomorrow. Cleaning? Oh, her mother will come around at some point and do it, don't bother.

Also Callen's Command of Silence which turns out can't actually be called a lesbian mystery. Which sucks because it's actually a great novel; OK, the conclusion was weak, but what a heroine! Shilo ... is what the body is called but isn't actually anybody. Instead she's inhabitant by a bunch of multiple-personalities, all completely different from each other (some are even male, one is deaf and mute artist). So "she" is her own investigative agency. Brilliant idea. I suppose some of her personalities might be lesbian or something but there's nothing of that in the novel, except that her therapist is one. So if that is good enough, read it, but otherwise not /u/, whatever some lists claim.

>>2388050
I mused about the same thing after reading that. Well, lines are hard to draw nowadays. Plenty of "romances" that are essentially erotica, and the occasional erotica that doesn't have all that much sex.
>>
>>2388502
Taking about erotica...any recommendations for erotica novels with a satisfying and well written plot? Or novels that have a great plot but also good amount of erotica elements? Thanks.
>>
Anybody have The Fortunate Fall by Raphael Carter? I've checked the links in the OP & can't find any live links/seeds.
>>
I finished Deadline by K.A. Tracy and despise the book being very good I absolutely HATE it. There are so many fucked up things you could write in a book, what the hell is wrong with people who like this shit?
Some major spoilers of said things:
The book have girls as young as 14 years being raped and while being raped orgasming by imagining she was raping her rapist.
A 15-17 year old girl prostituing herself at a nightclub, in love with her half brother and forcing him to have sex with her (althoug they didn't know they were brothers), and she was drug abuser

Oh, and don't bother reading it for the /u/ since the book only have two kisses and one of them is on the epilogue.
>>
>>2389173
Don't take this as criticism or anything, but if that bugs you - and isn't enough "romance" - lesbian mysteries probably aren't for you.

Next to murders sexual abuse is easily the second most prominent topic there. What happens in Deadline is "harmless" compared to many others (not graphic, for one). By the way, that's why if you look at the mysteries in the chart up there you'll see little "black" for tragedy and "red" for sexual abuse. It's so common there I decided to only mark it if it's related to heroine as otherwise I might as well put in on everything. Which isn't useful so I didn't.

Personally I don't think it's a surprise. You'll notice that the sexual abuse is nearly always (there's one counter-example for mysteries I can think of. Oh, no, wait, two actually) done by men against females. So that's a "feminist cause" right there which, well, fits for a lesbian heroine. Some series like Cassidy James are explicitly about women fighting crimes against women, essentially. So obviously the sexual stuff comes up.

>>2389095
I'm working on it!

Ha, no. Nothing recent I can think of, frankly. Peccatum up there is as close as it gets I think. Otherwise you can poke around the stuff on the chart and maybe find something you like, but frankly those are largely choices down to "there isn't anything else" not because they are brilliant.

Otherwise; I still haven't gotten around to Perez' Electra's Complex since it's a bit expensive for an author I don't know, but it's supposed to be an erotic mystery, and it seems to be fairly well-written and, well, erotic. So maybe that one if you're willing to invest, heh'.
>>
>>2389176
I do understand that by now it's basically a pre-requisite in /u/ mistery that one of the characters is raped, but in this book it was just so frustating because the pile of fucked up things that happens never stops growing, I just felt bad after reading it.
>>
>>2389176
I mean, there's a difference between a rape scene and a rape chapter. Also between rape and /d/-tier mind break fantasy.
>>
>>2389197
Yeah, I think there's the usual progress to things - some 30 years ago you could scandalize the reader by hinting at domestic violence. Nowadays, I read Command of Silence where the father abused the daughter for ten years (throwing her down a well and stuff) and I'm like "well it's not too graphic so it doesn't bug me much".

So writers come up with worse and worse stuff until you end up with Fortune Teller's Daughter or whatever.

Maybe too simplified for a complex topic of way people write about such things but by and large I feel like that's a major reason. And in some ways it makes sense and even creates great, tense novels, but often it feels voyeuristic and just fucked up for fucked-up-ness sake.

>>2389267
Agreed. It doesn't bother me much when it's narrated as some sort of background thing. I can deal with that. Novels where it actually happens graphically are an entirely different cup of tea and I absolute hate reading those, even if maybe they fade-to-black shortly because the "actual" stuff happens.

Then there's stuff like Ancient Dreams where I'm definitely looking forward towards the third novel but the handling of rape trauma is a joke and half of it seems like some perverted male fantasy (even if they're the bad guys). But it's hard to take it too seriously precisely because it's not really realistic, so it's kinda whatever. I don't like the bad guy parts, but, again, whatever.

Then there's stuff that's messed up, graphic and realistic. Stoke's Alif had the heroine blackmailed into rape (with a vaguely similar "corruption" theme like Ancient Dreams) and as soon as I knew that I closed the ebook and haven't touch it since although I finish near everything. I just can't stand it, no matter how much I tell myself "it's just fiction". It's not very rational either. Sometimes that happens, sometimes it doesn't. Hard to predict myself there.

It's the one thing I'm absolutely sure I'd never write about though, even as some type of porn-thing.
>>
>>2389286
I dunno, "fucked up for fucked-up-ness sake" can be interesting sometimes. Like in Starfish.

But yeah, a lot of the time it's just fetish porn. Can't really blame people for that, I guess, seeing as I'm basically sitting in a fetish thread right now.
>>
Before I spend the effort to dig through these, does anyone have any recommendations of solid literature that just happens to have cute girls kissing?
I'm an English major, and I'm pretty elitist when it comes to books, although I've been a big fan of fantasy and sci-fi since I was 4, so I guess not too elitist.
I realized I was reading fanfiction just because I enjoy my degeneracy, and they're honestly better written than most of the garbage on the NYT lists, but I wouldn't mind some full length books.
>>
So some poor id...I mean, generous soul bought DragonWitch Tales and put it on mobilism.
First, I apologize to the author. It starts with that 1-scene-prophesied-bonded-lover crap and I thought that was what the book then would be all about. But it's not. In fact, there's quite a few twists and turns there. I was wrong. It became obvious far too quickly what was going on, but I still liked being wrong for a few pages. Doesn't happen often enough. I like novels to properly surprise me.

Unfortunately the book is still rubbish. I kinda thought I'd bash the novel a bit but, eh, what for? It's at best Wattpad quality.
> It’s not that I don’t trust her, but it’s just that I don’t trust her.
Not properly proofread or edited either. Ends in the middle of nowhere, too, as if everything else wasn't problematic enough.

Surprisingly, I think the plot was actually worth telling. If just it had been told by a "proper" writer.

>>2389290
Heh. As long as it's fiction people should write whatever they like (unless it's het, that disgusting stuff needs to be banned). I'm just saying I don't like all of it.

>>2389296
For linguistic pleasure I'll always recommend Baru Cormorant. Dickinson knows how to write.
>>
Does anybody have Troop 18 by Jessica L.Webb?
>>
>>2380164
>https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/toaster-oven

I feel like Stein Willard's After Glow had at least one female-only planet full of hot immortal chicks...but I think it ends on a shitty cliffhanger.
>>
>>2389296
I've posted this before. There are several lists in place, but mine is more exclusive to my tastes of just being good fiction.

Good in General:
Nicola Griffith
When the Fox Is a Thousand (Larrisa Lai) – this is meaty and dark and not at all romantic
Whatever Gods May Be (Sophia Hagin Kell) and sequel
LJ Baker – Lady Knight in particular (quite dark)
Nightshade (Shea Godfrey) and sequel
Miles to Go (Amy Dawson Robertson) and sequel
Agape trilogy (Aspura y Gonazoles) – religious (Christian) themes
Sara Waters – I’ve only read Tipping the Velvet but I can vouch for that
Six Directions of Space (Alastair Reynolds) – scifi novella, lesbian protagonist
Grass Widow (Nanci Little) – do NOT read First Resort; I’m still bitter about it
Forty Love (Diana Simmonds)
Ash (Malinda Lo) – Huntress is also good
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café (Fannie Flagg)
Elemental Logic series (Laurie J Marks)
Qualities of Light (Mary Carroll Moore) – YA novel
Her Name in the Sky (Kelly Quindlen) – YA novel
Daughter of Mystery (Heather Rose Jones); sequels also excellent
One Saved to the Sea (Catt Kingsgrave) – novella
Lee Winter

Good for the genre (even if I list only 1 book, I’ll often purchase and enjoy more than that from the author):
KG MacGregor
Karen Kallmaker
For Me and My Gal (Robbi McCoy)
Parties in Congress (Collette Moody)
Pitifully Ugly (Robin Alexander) – I like most of her stuff, but this is by the far the best
Jane Fletcher – Shadow of the Knife is the best of hers though it’s rather dark
Cool Side of the Pillow (Gill McKnight); unlikable protags in many stories; Garoul series is fun
Roses and Thorns (Chris Anne Wolfe)
Laughing Down the Moon (Eva Indigo)
Melissa Brayden is rather enjoyable, but her stories suffer from the random final illogical breakup to inflate angst
>>
>>2389095
I've always liked All the Wrong Places (Karin Kallmaker) and 13 Hours (Megan O'Brien). Those are my go-to erotica novels, but I know they aren't to everyone's tastes.
>>
>>2389701
>do NOT read First Resort
Well now I'm curious.
>>
>>2389659
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/NoL63fwm/file.html
>>
>>2389817
Thank you!
>>
>>2387900
well I bought a physical copy so that would be complicated but you can easily find it on mobilism

>>2389296
>I'm pretty elitist
you're diving into the wrong genre anon

still, as serious authors go you can roll for some sarah waters and seth dickinson
>>
>>2389714
Woman raped by her husband for years goes to a resort and falls in love with a lesbian there. They developed a supportive relationship which culminates in having emotionally intimate and fulfilling sex, and heal each other. Then in the next chapter the protagonist marries the lesbian's UNCLE and says she was only able to do so because the lesbian healed her. Meanwhile, lesbian is having flings again (and moving away from those was part of her healing/development). The only evidence in the entire book that the protagonist isn't gay (or bisexual) is that she SAYS she isn't a lesbian (while having emotional and physically fulfilling sex with another woman). It was like I read a book written by one person and a homophobe slapped the last chapter on. I rarely wish I could undo reading something, but I so wish I'd never touched that book. There, you've been warned.
>>
well I'm entering a final edit stage before offering my /u/ novel about a girl joining a tribe of amazons and becoming a teenage warrior woman. Got a little over 100K words recently, and /lit/ advised me to go ahead and finalize/offer the first book to publishers. the original idea I had was to make all 3 books I have in mind to offer together, but that may well have been nerves

https://pastebin.com/5SwPHhwr

Kind of the first occurrence of lesbianism in the book, and just parts 2 and 3 because Part 1 is prequel stuff that doesn't come up here anyway.

only major project outside of my lesbian female Hercules' trials style story of a demigoddess in ancient Greece
>>
>>2390333
congratulations onee-sama !
>>
Speaking of personnal projects, I'm trying to write a play and therefore got curious : does anyone here know of /u/ plays ?

I've tried googling "lesbian plays" but you can imagine what I got.
>>
>>2390419
thanks a lot. though by final edit I'm sending it out to peers and giving it a hard read over before offering to some agents/publishers and seeing how casual lesbian warrior culture with story and "love is where you find it, family's what you make it" accidental undertones is accepted on the market
>>
>>2390333
That was lewd, anon.
>>
>>2390476
Forcibly mutilating the heroine was fine with me, but then all that hugging started ...
>>
I'm curious about something, a little survey, if you will.

If you were to read a /u/ novel about a lady knight, would you rather see things from her perspective, or the perspective of her potential love interest, all other factors left out for the moment?
>>
>>2390808
The horse's perspective.
>the broads are making out again
>they are heavy
>I just want some oats goddamn it
>oh fuck is that a wolf
>>
>>2390842
I really like this idea.
>>
File: every day is noose day.png (153KB, 570x555px) Image search: [Google]
every day is noose day.png
153KB, 570x555px
>>2390808
The main villain's.
>tfw you're trying to conquer the land and make it into a one powerful united empire but these two taco eaters are thwarting your plans with the power of love and handholding
>tfw you're just trying to have your epic monologue and they just start making out in front of you
>tfw your most trusted allies go gay because hey it's fun and you get to make out in front of bad guys
>tfw your commander-in-chief leaves you for the main girl because she's hot

Being a villain is suffering.
>>
>>2390878
This. And use field reports and letters instead of actual conversations as well.
>>
>>2390879
>Day 376 of our March for Glory, Zalcher Canyon
>The lesbians are at it again.
>I can hear their moans echoing around me, can see their shadows dancing on the walls, large and trembling in the torchlight.
>Our food is scarce, our morale is low. Last night, twenty more of our women disappeared. If we're lucky, coyotes got them. But if we aren't...
>This is the last day of our stay here. Tomorrow, we fight.
>They say their leader is the fiercest of them all. They say she can turn a woman gay with a mere glance.
>I just hope to die a soldier's death before that happens to me.
>Glory to the Emperor.

That sounds like a so-bad-it's-even-worse Warhammer fanfiction. I'd pay top shekels to anyone willing to write it.
>>
>>2390842
I'm sold
>>
>>2390808
yes

>>2390842
YESSSS misogynist horse
>>
>>2390808
The dragon. Who is a lesbian. And to be clear, not the dragon in the TVTrope sense, I mean an actual dragon.
>>
Some obscure(?) series:
Jason Haltstead's Lost Girls. Fairly fun, I thought. It's scifi, with some magic, too. Cybernetically enhanced heroine goes around solving problems (ie beating up people; primarily men. She really hates men (due to obligatory traumatic past)).
As a warning, there's a bit of a love triangle there.
It's not exactly super-deep at any point, but mostly fun enough.

Also BJ Somerville's Last Day series. Meteors crash into earth, killing most people and leaving the rest with disabled electronics. But that's not even the real issue, as five minutes later aliens invade.
So, humanity has already lost before there's even any war, and the aliens happily go around doing their genetic experiments on what's left of the species (mostly has to do with impregnating women (still gay)).

It's definitely something different, and has some really weird (aka fun) ideas, but it sucks in both details and fairly major points quite frequently. Heck, the entire premise of the series is basically "???":
the aliens come to Earth to impregnate humans with their own offspring. So, naive me assumes that there's a REASON why they do this. Like, that their own women have become infertile. Or that their DNA carries some defect that they somehow can fix only this way. Except the human heroine in novel 3 bluntly asks why they don't use the impregnate-people-with-eggs method on their own people, too, and the alien matriarch just goes "ummm - fine". So: WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE POINT?!
But probably I'm just too stupid to get it.

Also, it has multiple speakers in a single paragraph. All the time. First novel was near unreadable.

>>2390808
Depends on who the love interest is. Some annoying damsel-in-distress that needs to be rescued every five scenes? No thanks.
>>
On the subject of lesbian knights, what kind of personality is best for such a character?
>>
>>2390450
You may have better luck with "theater" instead of "plays".
>>
File: 1497402997830.jpg (773KB, 839x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1497402997830.jpg
773KB, 839x1190px
>>2391004
well it'd depend on your setting. if I had to assume it's an uptight olden days world.

The default brave and helpful nature could work, unless you want her jaded and blunt. either way, I definitely back her being sort of a thrillseeker; more in the whole order of knights because of her love of excitement and combat and proving/testing herself. slight jock edge without going full tomboy about it.

dynamic and excitable always beats out stoic and uptight to me. or at least have the seriousness be a front she puts up around the royals and other knights and then when just sort of deeply exhales and scratches herself inappropriately because fuck all this armor!
>>
>>2391004
The knight can be a stoic, job first kind who is kind of street dumb and works with a dashing rogue who catches her off guard and gets under her skin. There should be something driving her, usually it's sexism but it can also be a family member.
If a traditional girly type is the MC and the knight is the LI, I think having the knight be serious but charming in all the traditional knightly ways can be nice. Of course the best is to do your own thing.
>>
>>2391059
A nice example of the first would be from the Broken Coil. She's rather stoic and is driven by trying to reveal corruption in her church and she opens up with the MC who is a rather rough sort.
The second...I can't really think of one, maybe Lady Knight? She's kind, sensitive, morally righteous, basically virtuous and appealing because of it.
>>
>>2391004
Really, anything can work depending on your story. Even a knight who's a complete coward could be entertaining if your story is light-hearted and silly enough.

Personally I like the serious but easily flustered type.
>>
>>2390996
Speaking of dragons, you reminded me of "Beyond Your Boundaries" book. Or, rather, "How to Throw Away a Fairly Original Premise and Never Look Back".

But it had a (kinda, sorta lesbian) dragon's POV, so there's that.
>>
>>2391004
Conflict and plot should challenge the knight's personality. Even for a static character, facing such a conflict can help flesh out the details and personality.

Comedic example:
In a setting where women are basically built like amazons and men are the weaker sex, the dream of every knight is to save a cute prince and marry him. Naito is an orphaned at a young age and sent to knight academy, but since she doesn't have a family to back her, she has to pay off the debt after she's knighted. She's a strong traditionalist, adhering to both the chivalric code and the aspirations of knights. Of course, she's in no place to marry neck-deep in dept and with no property where she can settle down.

Then a "normal" lesbian girl falls right into her arms, and Naito is smitten, because she believes she's found her prince-- because the girl is androgynous and weak, Naito can't possibly believe that she's female, despite her insistence thereof. She decides to help Naito pay off her debt, using her "boyish" looks to charm other ladies into giving them odd jobs, and eventually learning white magic (since healing/support is the one type men can learn) so she can aid Naito on a quest. Naito is grateful but ashamed, because she believes she's making her prince do all the work instead of providing for "him."

When Naito sees her naked, she finally realizes that she really was female, but is shocked and disgusted, ashamed with herself for thinking a weak woman was her prince-- in her society, such women are shunned and ostracized. But she comes to realize physical strength isn't the sole measure of competence, as the girl selflessly had decided to help Naito on her own, and her guile and willingness to subvert the rules often allowed her to create solutions better for everyone than could be accomplished by the letter of the law. Naito comes to love her for her personality, rather than just for her looks. Naito confesses and they marry (though everyone still thinks she's male).
>>
>>2390333
>kind of mother-daughter incest
Are publishers okay with that? Just curious.
>>
>>2391150
Ive read a romance about a mother and daughter before i posted it either thr thread before or the one before thst one they didnt know they were related for a while though
>>
>>2376525
I know it's been quite some time since you posted this but I just read this and had to say that I love the setting and the characters. As the other anon said, there were some ticks, but if you ever do continue this I'd love to red more of the two of them.
>>
>>2376850
>>2382944
>>2383634
It's on mobilism
>>
cant seem to find Scaredy Cat by Robin Alexander anywhere, can anyone help me out?
>>
>>2367635
>with a somewhat badass MC

Cannot agree with that at all. Everything is solved by coincidence and luck (especially the latter, when it comes to survival). And MC basically does nothing. Everything gets handed to the main group. Even the grand reveal.

It wasn't totally un-enjoyable though. But it COULD've been great.
>>
>>2391566
Hell yeah, thanks.

>>2391841
There.
http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/xRnqwHcQ/file.html
>>
>>2391860
>http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/xRnqwHcQ/file.html
Thanks <3
>>
I feel like I'm losting a lot of books recently on mobilism because the search terms I'm using (LESBIAN FF LGBT GLBT) are not used on all the /u/ books.
Also goodreads doesn't seem reliable too since a lot of books released recently aren't on the new releases on the lesbian genre .
>>
>>2391912
https://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/digital-text/7588789011/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsnr#1

I use this to find new /u/ books.
>>
>>2392009
I disagree. If you're really worried about missing something, you need to look at the genres, not the best sellers.

But even then you're gonna miss stuff. And you can't really search beyond the first 100 pages I think so if you want to check releases from 3-4 years ago - nope, not gonna happen.

I wouldn't worry too much since most of it is rubbish anyway. But then occasionally there's something pretty fun, and it can be frustrating trying to dig that stuff out of pile of steaming shit.
>>
File: show'.png (27KB, 830x186px) Image search: [Google]
show'.png
27KB, 830x186px
>>2392021
Then you'll want to look at this link:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=lp_10173_st?rh=n%3A283155%2Cn%3A%211000%2Cn%3A301889%2Cn%3A10719%2Cn%3A10165%2Cn%3A10173&qid=1501431473&sort=date-desc-rank

Sorted by publication date.

What you need to do is find any book and look at the bottom for "look for similar items by category".

This is only for books published in amazon though.
>>
>>2392028
Yes, but like I said, it's limited. I mean, it starts with the fact that you can't skip pages. You have to click "back" 96 times to get to page 100.

And then the list just stops. Since it's cluttered with those 10-pages porn releases, re-releases, anthologies, miscategorized ones and other uninteresting things, 100 pages of lesbian releases sounds like a lot (well, 1200 entries to be precise) but doesn't actually cover much at all.

Basically Amazon isn't really made for that type of browsing. Goodreads has some advantages, but of course needs to be maintained, and that's not necessarily done for the more obscure stuff.

So frankly I don't think there's any complete and comfortable list anywhere.
>>
>>2392037
>https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?rh=n%3A283155%2Cn%3A%211000%2Cn%3A301889%2Cn%3A10719%2Cn%3A10165%2Cn%3A10173&page=2&sort=date-desc-rank&ie=UTF8&qid=1501432472
>page=2
>change to page=100
Congratulations, you're on page 100.

Amazon lists are still shit, though.
>>
>>2392045
Ah. Damn. I spotted that pg_x and was always confused why changing it manually didn't work. But there's a page=x further back in the url ...

Thanks, that helps. A little.
>>
Anybody have The Ghost and the Machine
by Benny Lawrence?
>>
Some random stuff:
Adrian Tu - Nightfall. Fantasy series in a non-Feudal-European-setting, which is nice. Follows the POVs of two sisters. One seems to be a lesbian, the other one isn't.
It's not bad, but also fairly unremarkable.

Cristan Vick - Valandra 3. Well. It's all action, but not exactly great one. Naw. The first two novels of the series were better, I think. Not that they were very good either. I suppose it could have been worse.

Tay Laroi - Potraits of a Fairy Queen. YA with faeries - a girl makes a deal with their Queen to paint a bunch of portraits for her so she'll save her mother's life.

It's not all bad, but a bit shallow as typical for YA stuff. Desperately needed a critical, good editor to make the most of the novel, but those small LGBT publishers usually aren't very good at this.

Elizabeth Woodcraft - Babyface. Great writing and the chaotic heroine is largely as fun as she's in the first novel, but the plot this time was kinda - nothing? She isn't really doing anything much herself. Obviously, her love interest uses her for something, but in the heroine's typical fashion she doesn't care at all. Also, it of course backfires as the heroine constantly forgets what she's supposed to do etc. Heh. It's kind of funny, but I wish she'd have done something more active in the end.
>>
>>2392681

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/0ad0t31K/file.html
>>
Meinel's Lawyered.
Well, it has my new favorite quote:
> ... and she began to realize her clit did in fact exist.

I also love how the Russian character talks:
> "I guess ve vill have to go back soon or deal vith this eh?"
Dracula?!

Obviously it's pretty badly written. Essentially, it's about an ugly but successful young lawyer, who is about to become a junior partner in her firm. The senior partners want her "to reinvent herself a little" to be more "appropriate" of a successful lawyer (essentially it's sexual harassment) for her promotion, so she takes of her thick geek classes and gets a new hair cut which turns her into literally the most attractive woman in the galaxy.

Also, I'm fairly sure the author has no clue about anything law-related. Her prowess in court is demonstrated by winning a law suit where her client is accused of having a barking dog when in fact he does not have any dog at all. So brilliant!

Surprisingly, despite all the wish-fulfillment components of a hugely attractive, super successful, well-liked, rich etc heroine, she isn't great at sex (which is where that clit comment is coming from). Of course, het sex does nothing for her, but even when she switches to women "it doesn't immediately work". I'm kinda annoyed that a topic this rare pops up in a novel that is otherwise just plain rubbish.

It's also longer than the usual romance novel but wastes time on odd scenes where crucial seems are glossed over. All in all it's just not a good book.
>>
Just realised theres a new book by susan X Meagher out called Fame. Haven't read it yet but she's a good author and ive enjoyed a lot of her other books.
>>
>>2393114
Thankyou!
>>
New to /lit/ here. Could anyone recommend some books with soulmates couples? I just went through The Caphenon and thought it was awesome.
>>
Anyone read A Work in Progress by L.T. Smith? How angsty is it and does it have a happy ending?
>>
>>2372530
I have to ask. Why do you guys put Bi-Sexual/Heterosexual in a Lesbian Recommendation list? I had assumed that the Bi-Sexual/Heterosexual warnings on these books implied that it eventually lead to Lesbian romance but it's just full blown non-lesbian books.

I'm reading Mark Henwick's Bite Back series and so far the Main Character can only talk about and has only had sex with men, she has the hots for one woman but so far nothing has come from it and she's implying that the woman she's becoming attracted to would be part of a group of people; mostly men who would be her Blood Banks/Lovers. There is however tons of woman/woman flirting but that's as far as it's gotten.

The only reason I'm still reading this is I like the PI aspect and the world building of a Urban Fantasy themes and the politics behind different types of mythical creatures and their interactions with each other. I wish more Lesbian Urban Fantasy/Fantasy books did this but they're rare to come by and if they have them they're very vague or barely touched upon.

At the moment I'm on Book 3 and the MC has pretty much confirmed that shes into a male Werewolf and has Tripled Sired him and I believe has had sex about four, five times in the three books I've read. It's rather disappointing that this is even on the last desu.

I don't suppose anyone can recommend me a actually good Lesbian Urban Fantasy with some interesting Politics dealing with each other?
>>
>>2394274
You learned a valuable lesson. Never trust this thread or any of its recommendations without a heap of skepticism that the book is actually full of everything you hate because it probably is.

Just look at the thread. Almost every post is about shitty books, written by anons willing to read them.
>>
>>2394274
No, the het/bi part implies there's a significant amount of MF within the plot (past doesn't count), but it can be a bad het end (like Child Garden, kinda) or poly-bisexual relationship (like Bite Back or Andrea Cort) or a FF romance that frequently branches out into het-regions (like that Teasdale stuff) or starting out het and turning FF later on (like Goddess of Decay) or it's multi POV with at least one FF POV or ...

That chart isn't supposed to be scientific or objective. I'd gladly have made an entirely FF-exclusive list of great novels but as pointed out in the chart there's already basically none. Being super-strict about what's on it doesn't seem too productive to me right now.
So I agree it's not ideal but I personally feel it's better to have more listed and then let people sort out what they actually want to read from there then the reverse; leaving stuff out and then nobody finds it. But I'm open to suggestions if people completely disagree with something or have suggestions.

As for Bite Back specifically: first of all, as you point out, I don't really feel there's a FF-exclusive series of equal length and quality that's similar to that one. It's there because I don't know of enough alternatives.

Also, I don't get it. I've read the series and I'm fairly sure that's an equal triad they've got going from at least the second novel. Or did it take longer? Hum. It wouldn't have been on it otherwise. The way I read it she's equally in love with her male lover as with her female one.
Granted, I would have wanted for the author to get rid of the horribly stereotypical het-part of the romance, too, but it doesn't change the FF part. Even comes with the classic "no, no, I can't be attracted to women" and "oh no, I can't tell my family" parts. I can't remember this that wrong, surely?!
>>
>>2394274
I have to praise the rec image because it's rather detailed and it introduced me to a lot of stuff. However, I do avoid anything with the bisexual tag because, even though I have no issue with reading about bisexual characters, because I have no idea what merely saying a book has bi/het content means. Is it that there is a large het subplot that doesn't touch the lesbian character like in Shadow Campaigns or that the protagonist starts out with or has a short het relationship or that the book has f/f content but is mainly het or that the protagonist just happens to be bisexual in a f/f book, I really can't tell. I don't blame the creator of the image at all, they've already put in a great deal of work, my advice is to just get a rec from here for any books that interest you but you suspect may be questinable that regard.
>>
Anyone have any suggestions for teen romance novels that includes 1 or more of the teens coming out to family and friends i prefer happy endings but i do enjoy a book with plenty of angst now and again. I have read our demented playdate already since im thinking someone will suggest it.
>>
File: stopthat.png (211KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
stopthat.png
211KB, 500x377px
>>2394274
>Bi-Sexual
>>
Books:
Laurence Moore - Wiping Out Guilt. First of a new mystery series. I quite like this one. Reminds me a bit of Micky Knight, with a heroine who is in some ways kind of weak and damaged and vulnerable and in other ways quite strong.
It's about a murder involving gangs in London. Plus a bit of romance and such. The only thing I'm not entirely happy with is I think The End. Crime gets solved and all, but, eh, could have been more exciting.

Leslia Sea - Mistress' Lynda's List. This was a bit simple, but the cast was quite fun. Essentially, Lynda runs a successful - what's that even called? Not a brothel, but some type of domme-service (so legal, since no actual sex happens).
Now she returns to her home town, meets up with an old flame who is married to an assistant DA and has gone to work for the police - and of course soon the ADA is investigating Lydia. They particularly want her list of clients. While some criminals are also after her list of clients, so she needs protection.
It's an interesting mix. A bit rushed and given the theme I would have expected the novel to be a bit "sexier" but it was fun enough overall.

MJ Doherty - The Charlton Affair. Another mystery. This one does something rather unique: we have the usual romantic couple (a soon-to-be-ex-wife and a lawyer), but the investigating is actually done by the police and by the lawyer's assistant. So in terms of POV-time the couple is not that prominent.
The case was OK, although I thought that it was entirely too easy to figure out who the Bad Guy was. Needed some red herrings. The cast was likable enough though, even the non-lesbians.
As for the romance - the lawyer had a conflict of interest so not much happens until the very end. Which makes sense. But is also a bit annoying to read about since of course you know exactly how it'll develop - lots of pinning about someone they barely know, then in the end they declare their undying love for each other.
>>
The Dragon's Lover by Samantha Sabian. A warrior meets and starts fucking a dragon. Then she is recruited to stop a bunch of orcs/darkspawn from invading the world.
This was like a mid level band of adventurers picking up an epic level warrior with ridiculous racial bonuses. Plus gratuitous sex. Also some questionable prophecy stuff. The MC reached ridiculous levels of mary suedom. It was not great.
>>
>>2394510
That said I knew exactly what I was walking into. If you have taken a cursory glance at the cover or the synopsis of this book and you go in expecting something decent, well honestly that's kinda on you.
>>
>>2385840
I'm a bit undecided on whether to call it similar, but it reminds me a bit of Hannah Corner's Kitty Wishes. Some college girl wishes she'd a) care less, b) sleep more, c) have a warm pillow to do her sleeping on.
So some random goddess turn her into a cat-like human (with cat ears and cat tails). She has some issues to work through (which is the morale of the story, essentially), but it's kinda fun having her play around with yarn and suddenly loving tuna and all those things.

And there's this erotica undertone, but nothing really happens until the very end. Well. Ge end was a bit typical and I didn't like it too much, but the idea was great. Wouldn't have minded a full-length novel that was a bit more nuanced.

>>2394510
Best part was that bar that has some type of deadly drink around which literally can only be drunk by the heroine and nobody else without either going crazy or dying in agony. Of course you're going to keep a stock of that just in case.
>>
>>2394301
>>2394308
>>2394375

All good points and I won't refute them, I was just hoping there would have been more FF in it but I'm at Book 3 and she hasn't even slept fully with Jen yet, the really rich blood bag yet or whatever they're called.

When the MC goes to the Vampire Gathering, after the party, a old Magic User does some mobo jumbo on her to see who in her house has become her mates/sires. And Jen, the MCs only female sired has only two tags on her or marks on her while Alex has three and a half marks because shes fucked him in his office, in their bed, and in a car (I think or they stopped half-way while she went dow on him) while shes only gotten Jens shirt off and a little breast play before she said she can't do it.

As a side note, it feels like her feelings for Jen are far more deep and involved then with Alex but they've been going at it like rabbits while she's almost barely done anything with Jen. The MC does a lot of flirting with do of her female, Vampire Mentors Diana and Bion a Blonde and Vietnamese vampires but it's been nothing but vocal flirting and neck sniffing/licking and then instantly going back to their conversations.

Again, the only reason Im sticking with this series now, is because it's so hard to find a Urban Fantasy read with such "interesting" Urban Fantasy Politics and interaction between the different types of creatures/mystical beings.
>>
>>2394521
Best thing is that the drink was illegal everywhere except the two bars the MC visits.
>>
Can anyone do a summary of the 4th book in the alsea/caphenon series (The Catalyst) for me? I've read the previous 3 but I don't like Ekatya and Lyhn and this 4th book seems to be about them.

Thanks.
>>
>>2394578

Basically, it's about the events and politics that lead to the eventual capture and torture of Lyhn. She and Ekatya (who was also very much involved in the politics etc.) are retelling the story to their friends on Alsea, so from the beginning we know that they both made it out alive.

It wasn't bad, just probably not what I was looking for in the series. First two (three?) parts scratched my interests way better than this one.
>>
>>2394622
It was what I imagined, I stopped reading when they started telling the story.

Thank you.
>>
>>2394565
This discussion has made me curious. What would your ideal be for a good F/F urban fantasy novel then?
>>
>>2394670
Not that anon, but, uh, probably something where one F actually / the other F.
>>
File: 1498932179728.jpg (397KB, 956x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498932179728.jpg
397KB, 956x720px
>>2394670
Late to the response. F/F that actually has F/F pairings; I don't even mind if the MC had male companionship previously but the focus of the story is ether having feelings for woman and or actually physical encounters with other woman and as little, straight dickings as possible.

What I don't like about Bite Back is that people consider this a Lesbian Book or at least in the list; I understand, on the list it says it's a Heterosexual and or Bisexual book but I had assume it would have actual lesbian or woman on woman contact because it's being recommended on the Lesbian Board of 4chan on a recommendation list for Lesbian or almost lesbian books.

However, reading it, all there ever is, is really suggestive flirting between the main character and other woman. All of her physical contact and attraction, outside Jen (her only female Sire in Book 3) is with men, and she barely does anything with Jen and in the book itself, thus far, it stats that the main male love interest has more Sire "points" then Jen, foreboding that the male interest will be the main interest until the end. You have to understand, Bite Back books are 1k - 1.5k Pages long, with most of it being interesting Urban Fantasy Politics and how they deal with living with humans. But with the main focusing being this, the rest of the story and her love side-story is almost always getting a dicking from a male werewolf it leaves little for any Lesbian romance interaction.

In Bite Backs case, the MC was a ex-secret army unit that was starting to hunt Paranormal/Fantasy creatures and it's her job to go into the Vampire Community, become part of a Court/House and then see if they can bring them into the US Army or Secret Service to some extent. Everything goes upside down and a new unit is created under another Colonel and everything goes to shit. The MC has to deal with the Werewolf Community, Vampire Community, Rouge Paranormal, the FBI, CIA, and a slew of Secret Marine Corps.
>>
File: 3252235236.gif (877KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
3252235236.gif
877KB, 300x200px
>>2394987
I want to add to my post this if anyone is interested in this series for just the Urban Fantasy/Mythical and Paranormal Politics.

This is slightly spoiler worthy but it needs to be told because SHE COULD still eventually have lesbian romances but I'm not sure if I want to commit for another two, three more books and two other in between stories to see if this actually happens.

I'm on Book 3 and shes still just begun to understand her powers and being the head of a Vampire House. So her sexual drive is going crazy and is willing to fuck anyone and anything in arms length. Oddly enough, it hasn't been with anyone that's a woman even though there have been some extremely close encounters. And the female love interest of the MC still have yet to actually have full blown sex unlike her getting railed and dominated and broken by a Male Werewolf (it's kinda gross honestly). Her perverted, sexual drive goes straight to this male werewolf but shes shy and hesitant with her female love interest.

This is like some fucking obtuse NTR.

On top of this, its alluded that the US Government brain-washed her and experimented on her. Combining DNA strands from Werewolf, Vampire, and some suggested other Paranormal creatures that haven't been shown yet. All it takes is a french kiss to turn anyone into this weird, Mary Sue Super Special type of Hybrid. So now she's become this NTR female Tenchi Muyo type character where everyone wants to grind her, rail her, or make her submit.

It's sad when this series has, so far, from all that I've read, some of the most "Decent" not best or great, but "Decent" Politics and interaction and issues with Humanity and Paranormal. The two main factions for all these Paranormal ether want to come out to Humanity that they exist or keep hidden and secret in fear that Humanity will nuke them all.
>>
>>2394622
Agh, so it went back to the very thinly veiled fanfic Janeway and OC Lynn? That was the weak point for me. I'd rather read about the head priestess lady and Vellmar.
>>
>>2394510
I read far more books from this series than I'd like to admit. They were pretty entertaining though. A guilty pleasure like the Elite Operatives series.
>>
>>2394510
The Sjofn Academy by Samantha Sabian.
The princess of a nomadic people is sent to an academy in a rival kingdom. Also the rival kingdom just happens to be made up of a race of beautiful lesbians who primarily communicate with polyamorous sex. This is the essence of guilty pleasure, I fucking loved it. The setting is so ridiculous so even when the MC can do everything and is so ridiculously sexy I didn't feel it out of place. The change for the last third of the book was initially unwelcome but I didn't hate it because it did feel like she was challenged there and she couldn't take out hundreds of fighters like Raine could. Raine and Weynild's place in the story was rather awkward and I'm a bit worried because it seems they become bigger players again in later books.
I would never recommend it if you're looking for something actually good and the gratuitous sex eats way more pagetime than it should but I had a good time.

>>2395052
I definitely see what you mean with this one.
>>
AE Radley - Mergers and Acquisitions. This reads like a typical rival-romance, with two self-made woman being forced to work together. Except the romance isn't about those two, it's about the shy new girl that gets caught between them.

There's lots of decent stuff there and it sufficiently different from typical romances to get some points, but, uuh, the older leads were really unlikeable. One I could understand a little, with all that stress and pressure, but the other one - not really. Coupled with a certain nativity of the younger one that didn't make a mix I found too great.

And the end was ridiculous. Also: way too rushed, as usual.

>>2395079
I especially loved the "gap" between everyone's expectations and how Skye then actually was. "Oh, she's going to be a fucking stupid ogre of a woman that's useless at everything." -> biggest Mary Sue of the series. Ha.

I probably would have read the rest of the books but all that rape-y stuff is just not my cup of tea.

>>2394992
You are exaggerating now. The series doesn't have that much sex in the first place (yes, those early "take me over the desk!" scenes were ridiculous).
Also, you don't have to wait longer than the end of book 3.
>>
>>2395196
The Runner Thief. A talented thief is hired to steal three jewels and along the way she runs into a noble woman who wants to dominate her. The author was aiming for a more extreme "taming of a player" story but she really missed the mark.

The MC is harmed, tortured, kept against her will and coerced into sex by her LI. The power dynamics are fucked, the LI is a rich, powerful and important person who does whatever with a cocky "I know you better than yourself attitude." I nearly just dropped the whole thing when she threw a book, a plate and a vase at the MC one of these actually cutting and harming her.

I was actually rather enjoying the book too before that. Syn is completely incompetent at most things other than thief stuff and fucking so her adventures began fun. The romance is almost completely disconnected from the wider plot and I only finished it to see if they'd close the sorceress subplot from book 2.

I'm taking a break from this series for some time I think.
>>
Lundoff - Silver Moon. I read this a while ago; basically middle-aged women in a certain town turn into werewolves because of Magic. The protagonist has to deal with that, and she also suddenly discovers she might be gay.
Of course, some hunters come along and threaten the town.

I didn't really find anything too wrong with the entire novel, but I can't say I found anything that got me into it much either. Despite using older women for a change it honestly seemed to be entirely the typical werewolf stuff and not much else.

>>2395209
Yes, it's that stuff I can't stand. It reminds me of a certain Mr. Roseau (just hows that female authors aren't necessarily better with rape/abusive relationships).

Unconventional relationships are fine, but don't try to sell exploitation as romance (and that "I know you better than you do" trope is horrible, too. That's basically the "women always say no when they mean yes" sort of thing. But eh, it's suddenly OK when it's lesbians, right?).

Luckily there aren't too many novels like that.
>>
So in the last 2 years or so I've "read" more or less 350 /u/ books, basically all i've read in this period. Now I need, if it exists, a cure for droping books.

In the first 150 books I never dropped a book no matter how bad it was but now I'm scarred and even on the first pages I'm ready to drop a book if it is not promising. Today I dropped two books in the middle because I could not keep reading after some cliches like a disgreement who could've been solved by simple talking and characters acting like retards all of sudden.

I think my point is: if you're beginning now, savor it while you can, for I can no longer keep doing it.
>>
I don't suppose anyone here know anymore interesting Urban Fantasy books with a semi-focus on Mythical/Paranormal/Mystical Politics like Human Fae/Vampire/Demon/Angel/Werewolf? I just read the Troll series which oddly enough was surprisingly good with how limited the MC is to her area of activity.
>>
>>2395566
Now you're a patrician though
What are your favorites?
>>
>>2395599
I will not coment on the obvious (Baru, some Melissa Brayden, Emily O'Beirne, Robin Alexander and Kiera Dellacroix books, Garoul, etc...) and unfinished series.

Here's some memorables for me, althoug there's probably recency bias since I don't remember most of the ones I've read first:

Fated Love - Radclyffe (Am a sucker for MCs doing "heroic" acts and hurting themselves in the process)
Into the Infinite - Maia Cronin (Feels Good book)
The Moment - T.C. Anderson (Feels Bad book)
Taking Flight - Siera Maley (Best First Kiss)
A Dr. Kate Morrison Mystery Series by Jessica L. Webb (Mystery / Thriller)
Miseducation of Cameron Post (One of my favorite MC, but I hate the final part of the book)
Chef's Special by Susan X. Meagher (Really cool characters and great twist in the middle)
From the Ashes by Lena Nottingham (Bunch of characters with shit lives, good book though)
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst (OP MC / fantasy)
A Reluctant Enterprise by Gun Brooke (Age Gap)
The Space Between by Michelle L. Teichman (YA)
Wounded Souls by R.J. Nolan (Medical)
Honorable mentions: Ice by Lyn Gardner and Accidental Love by B.L Miller

Guilty Pleasures : Branded Ann by Merry Shannon and Battle Scars by Megan O'Brien.
>>
>>2395584
Theres kassandra lyall preternatural where the main character is a preternatural detective/werewolf who works with the cops on occasion to deal with supernatural crimes. Also the same author of the trolls series has a few more that might fit i didnt like the drakon series by him but that involves dragons but theres the valkyrie series which i liked that sorta fits. And once bitten by kate owen that has a little bit of politics between several species interacting and also werewolfs revealing themselves to humans.
>>
>>2394578
This reminds me that when I first I started reading this series I was rooting for Lancer Tal and Ekatya to get together. I never warmed up to Lyhn's character.
>>
>>2395566
The exact same thing happened to me a while ago, I just stopped reading f/f books for a while and focused on other genres. After some time I began reading them again, slowly, one at a time, alternating them with other books. It has worked for me.
>>
Does anybody have the first book in the Caphenon series? There was a link in an archived thread but it's dead.
>>
>>2397059
www91.zippyshare.com/v/SKnFIRR8/file.html
>>
Read and enjoyed interference by zoe reed but im halfway through breaking legacies and its boring as shit
>>
>>2397091
Thank you!
>>
>>2397167

Same. I think Breaking Legacies had a good start. But by like page 50, it was definitely boring as shit.
>>
Any book where the main characters have to hide their relationship? Specially if the reason is not related to very religious parents and they are adults.

I read the blind side of love and another one where the main character was a politician and the other a prostitute, but nothing else that fits this criteria I believe.
>>
>>2397313
Whats the second book you mentioned? I think I've read a book description like that but I can't remember the title and its driving me crazy.
>>
>>2397313
Tudor's Judge Not? One of the heroines is a judge and a domme, and obviously she doesn't want the latter to come out, so she keeps that a secret. Somewhat rushed but not the worst novel around.

Bit unsure otherwise. I mean it features fairly often as a small subplot to many romances that involve co-workers or politicians or things like that, but I suppose you want something where it's a major theme? Hrrm.

Maybe some fantasy novels? Although they usually are about religion, then.
>>
>>2397319
Strange Bedfellows by Q. Kelly is the one I was referring to. Cannot remember much about it to be honest, only that the prostitute or call girl also had a man as a client, I mention it just in case some readers might not like it.

>>2397324
Yeah, I wish it was a major theme or, at least, it is somewhat important in the story. Usually it is resolved pretty quickly (like in the second book of Lyremouth Chronicles, they are like "they should not know we are lovers for our cover" but it is pretty meaningless in the end).

I do not mind religion as long as it is not "I am a teenager and my parents are super religious." I cannot stand that. But I liked how this theme was treated in Baru for example.
I will take a look at your suggestion, thank you!
>>
AJ Estelliam - Alex Hope (I first thought the author was Alex Hope *cough*). It's one of those novels that really needed an editor.
The idea isn't bad: the heroine is in a car crash, and can suddenly hear everyone's thoughts. So she escapes to a lonely region where no other people live: Scotland.

Despite there not living anyone, she soon hears a woman desperately pleading to be rescued, and so she gets could up in a gruesome serial killer case and a romance with a local police woman.

I mentioned the Scotland thing particularly because I think it demonstrates half the issue novel has. It's shallow, and weak on the details. When the heroine first announces she's going to Scotland, I thought - well, that's a large region! Then her mother asks her about it and I expected it'd be a bit more precise now. Maybe some lonely island? Deep into the Highlands or something? "I'm going to Scotland." "Scotland?" "Scotland." That's how the dialogue went.

This if course not all that crucial but it shows the level of care with the novel; non-existent, basically.
And the other problem was obviously that it's not all that well-written just generally.

>>2397359
Yes, that's how I feel it usually goes. Like Dar&Kerry also have this "don't tell anyone at work", then at some point they decide "fuck this" and that's it.
But I guess there's a bit of it with hiding it from Kerry's family and some parts at work so maaaybe if you run out of other options ...

Kyra Anderson's The Significant also had the theme, now that I think about it. Although it's more about the public, but I remember it was a pretty big deal for the plot.

Selina Rosen's Sword Masters for a portion of the plot. It's a central part, but it's more related to the classic "woman has to hide her gender to join the military" trope.

CK Martin's Dirty Little War maybe? There it's about them being of rivaling criminal families or something.
>>
>>2395584
There's not a whole lot of politics in it, but my favorite urban fantasy that you could at least sort describe thus is Goblin Fires.

What is this Troll series you speak of?
>>
>>2397529
I read the first Goblin Fires and absolutely loved it. Sadly, from what this thread is saying, all consideration of F/F is tossed out the window and the MC goes full straight romance.

Troll Series I speak of is from the image based tree of recommendations earlier in the thread. It's a rather fascinating yet limiting world, the premise is a woman who sees a man fighting a monster, tries to step in and is forcefully given a power. The only problem is, is that shes limited to the bridge she needs to protect and if she strays to far from it she can die. Yet somehow, in this limiting setting the Author makes its depth rather fascinating and unique

The Bridge: Trolls by Erik Schubach
There's three books to enjoy too.

Now I found another series I read I'd like to talk about in my next post if anyone is interested.
>>
>>2397579
I also read a rather... interesting story called the Misfit Series by Niall Teasdale.

Misfits isn't some liteatrue work of art; I noticed a few Anons in here get really upset when the writing isn't on par with Harvard (I'm exaggerating but I'm trying to make a point) the mystery is on par of something from Scooby Doo and reading it in passing of something more interesting or a toilet read honestly.

The best way to describe it is Monster Girl Dragons in High School meets Ever After High/Monster High meets Strawberry Panic meets Maria-Sama (loosely).

The world building and politics are rather interesting but sadly there is a oddly "subtle" and I say this loosely, a oddly subtle reminder that being a lesbian is looked down upon and to encourage the reader to be adventures but also that you should settle down with a man later in life. Through out the books and love stories with the main cast of girls, there is a constant reminder to each of the girls but also the reader that what they're doing is fleeting and that they will only ever be "girlfriends" and not lovers/eventual marriage.

The writer words certain things very clearly in some cases to guarantee that there will never be a solid, legitimate couple through out both books. In one case one of the girls invites everyone over to her house before they go out adventuring into the forest and that her mother and grandmother both had girlfriends to curb their sexual frustration before they found a husband and that her mother was sleeping around with woman until her early 100s (Dragons live up to around 700yrs of age).

It is constantly mentioned over and over again that Dragon Society lives and strives on the bonds of family and procreation and that it is the right thing to have children and wrong to marry or stay with someone of the same-sex and that it will ruin the family bloodline.
>>
>>2397588
Continuing with Bloodlines; people can Communicate with their Ancestors and friends of their Ancestors. In one situation and I forgot to put this in the first post. The main character is a Orphan and a large part of the story is finding her heritage and who her mother was and that she wouldn't have figured it out if she didn't have relativesa between two Dragon Types. Again a constant reminder of family, the positives of having children and having a husband.

Along with these weird and constant suggestions is this... I don't know, is a oddly looked at view of society. Dragons in this series are color coded, each one having a positive in one type of ability while lacking in others. Grays/Silvers are Physically Strong, Greens are good with plants, Yellows are Good with Animals, Indigo are good with Magic, Reds are good with Physical and Magic but aren't as good with each because it's split, Blues good with air and wind/speed agility. Lastly are Rainbow which are considered the Perfect Race of Dragon and are considered Royalty in the story. Now I hate to make comparisons to real life but each skin color suggest and places you in a certain part of societies hierarchy.

Silvers/Grays are considered to be a lesser race and do slaver jobs like carrying/maids/janitors and or are jobless and are rather dumb too. Greens and Yellows are basically Middle Class and are seen as farmers but using Silver/Gray dragons to plow the fields, and clean up after them, Indigo's are basically snooty/snobbish Rich White Girls, Blues are still up there but not as high as Indigo's.

The main character is a Rainbow Dragon, the Mary Sue, her partner is a Grey/Silver dragon and they love doing reverse roleplay raceplay.

I don't know, this is some weird shit behind the "High School and Mystery Solving" I mean one girl gets hanged and turned into a zombie because she was of a lesser Dragon Race.
>>
>>2395584
Have you tried Iron & Velvet? It's a detective story but the MC interacts with political figures in many different supernatural groups such as witches vampires and werewolves. In fact she herself is a fairy princess. They all also happen to be hot gay women (it's not poly though, MC is devoted to her vamp gf)
>>
>>2397579
It's not the heroine switches her preferences, it's just that the sequel has a different protagonist, who is a guy.

>>2397588
I've read that, too, and found it to be pretty bad.

Now a lot of reviews seem to like it because it's some kind of MLP-inspired fiction with dragons instead of ponies, apparently.

But there's just so much stereotypical crap about it - like the special snowflake heroine with a mysterious past who gets helped by some powerful people, but the local school bully of course still tries to screw with her life.

And the "romance" - heroine grows up with a bunch of nuns, never has done anything remotely sex-related, so her "love interest (aka her room mate, there is no other connection between them) gets her drunk and fucks her.
And that obviously works out brilliantly and shows the depth of their feelings for each other. Forget dating, just get people drunk!

It's a Teasdale novel, so some of that is expected, but he isn't always _this_ bad.
>>
>>2397683
I FORGOT about how the main character gets basically raped by her best friend/sex partner. But yeah, it's diffidently has a MLP vibe to it, there's even a object called the Crown of Harmony in the second book that they all morph into and become a giant ball of light to fight some evil shadow dragon.
>>
>>2397789
Yes, and that was another shit thing:
So they randomly walk through this thick jungle/forest where nobody can help them and where nobody will ever find their bodies.

So of course the evil bad guy puts up some fairly harmless traps that don't do anything much.

Only when they reach those ancient ruins does he suddenly decide that NOW he's going to properly kill them all.
But by then they obviously completely coincidentally found the deus-ex-machina book that solves the problem instantly.

It's really just not very well done, I have to say, fanfiction-appeal or not.

Teasdale wasn't exactly Tolstoy even when he started out his bisexual-fetish-stuff, but the early things at least had some creativity. I have to say that his later novels are actually just getting worse. Zanari has similar plausibility problems:
So there's those secret aliens who are hunted by the rest of humanity, and the group the heroine travels with is the last of them. They've done so for several hundred of years but it's no prob, they have mind-reading powers, so they can always check that they are safe!

Alright, so when they take on that male guy with them, for no real reason, nobody investigates his background. In fact, they tell him flat out "we're those secret people!"

Guess how that works out ...
>>
>>2397794
Those first spoilers are basically the first two episodes of MLP. If I didn't know you were speaking about a book I'd say you were describing them.
>>
Bella Donnis - A Petal And A Thorn. Not bad, but not great either. Bit different. Writer wrote one great book when she was 16, got super successful, but then never managed to do anything else of note.
So now she's thinking about suicide - but the heroine of her Victorian lesbian romance novel suddenly appears and they start having a sort of love affair.

It's kind of fun but really rather predictable. Not entirely sure what my problem with the novel was but something was just missing.

>>2397802
That doesn't exactly improve my opinion of the novel.

Although it might be "fun" for some fans.
>>
File: 1491604686671.jpg (120KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491604686671.jpg
120KB, 1080x1080px
>Decide to read Once Bitten
>Not even done the first Chapter
>Izzy, you have a dick now

Dropped, absolutely dropped. I fucking hate Futa and G!P BS. Why do people insist that should be considered Lesbian, they're two different Genres.
>>
>>2397816
I'm not sure I remember it right but it's not actually futa, is it? I think her wolf is actually entirely male. While as a human she's still entirely female.

Which of course begs the question of whether they'll do the entire wolf-sex thing to have some kids. I mean, it kinda seems like the thing to do ... but I don't think it comes up in the novel.
>>
>>2397815
>opinion
I know. It wasn't my intention to improve it, just saying that it's basically one-to-one to the first two episodes.

I used to read /u/ pony stuff and there was some pretty decent stuff. Considering most of the writers were male. Honestly, some are better writing-wise than some published lesbian books.
>>
>>2397816
It reminds me of Cry Havoc, a comic that created good expectations (lesbian cool main character apparently) but then the weird shit started. I don't remember much about it, only read the first issue, but there was something about the protagonist being pregnant and also a conversation about werewolves' dick.

Did somebody keep reading it?
>>
>>2397822
As a human her gender changed some during sex but she figured out how to stop it from happening and they did mention kids in it.
>>
>>2397963
You are right, apparently. Despite Emma in the beginning saying something like that it's only there in her wolf form it apparently isn't entirely true although I didn't find the exact moment it happened.

Tsk.

I'd still take a sequel.
>>
R Gibbs - The Vampire That Wasn't / That Was
First one was tolerable YA vampire high school thing. It was properly horrifying, what with both heroines essentially only interacting with each other and their caring/gestapo parents, and the usual stereotypical high school drama, so all kind of within expectations of a vampire YA thing.

Second novel, though. No clue what happened. First wasn't professionally edited or proofread but at least some effort was made. Second was just a mess. No wonder the heroine fails to kill an evil vamp: trying to do so with a silver steak seems vaguely ineffectual (I kind of want to see an erotic vamp comedy now where they use one to spank each other).
Story was also all over the place. No depth at all.

Of course I'm just now realizing that I've read his "The Vampire's Witch" (according to the cover) novel, which already was rubbish, so I should have known better. But I just can't be bothered to remember all those author names. Grrr. Maybe I should keep a red list somewhere ...
>>
Just finished Judge Not by Tudor and No Strings by Gerri Hill.

The former I liked how it started (I don't mind light BDSM stories, liked Sunstone a lot) but the whole issue with the photos and such, I do not know, I had that same feeling when I read a book containing rape scene(s): I just cannot enjoy it that much from that point on. My mind is going around that issue over and over. And everybody was gay in that office, I am jealous. But it is short and interesting enough. Thank you again for the recommendation!

As to the latter, hnnghnhgnhngh, I am going to die from diabetes. Loved the book and it had a bit (very bit) of that "we need to hide our relationship." There is also a bit of drama at the end, but nothing that ruins the story and it is woooorth it if you like fluffy stories. Probably it has become one of my favourite books.

Now I need to get these fluffly feelings out of my head, so I may read Random Acts of Senseless Violence next, which was recommend in the previous thread and I was curious about it.
>>
Any good books involving alcohol hijinks beside Something in the Wine?
>>
Tried Talia Jager's Without Hesistation. It's soft scifi, so maybe I shouldn't complain too much, but ... who am I kidding? It's still stupid shit. Political conference between twenty heads of state on some neutral planet and their security is so awesome some random people can hack the cameras ... from space?!

What are they doing? Feeding their security streams through some interstellar wireless network?!

But technology aside, the plot isn't much better. Heroine A is supposed to abduct Heroine B. Heroine B is an Empress and super-important. That's why, when Heroine A lands on her planet, she sends the army - oh, wait, no, she personally goes to investigate. Alone.
Now, Heroine A has the latest technological gadgets at her disposal: for example, she has some pocket teleporter that allows her to teleport right next to Heroine B. Of course at this point she uses her taser / stun gas / stasis grenade / ... etc and successfully kidnaps her target.
Except she doesn't: she prefers a ... fist fight. And therefor fails. Also because she's attracted to the empress.

So that's basically chapter 1 and I already couldn't be bothered to care anymore.

Then A betrays B in the worst way possible and they get all romantic over it, living happily ever after. Except that A betrays B again (consensually this time, so maybe "betray" is not quite the right word) so we can have a sequel.

Urk.

Maybe I'm just bitter but that was just painful all around.
>>
>>2367123
Time for a new prompt? I had an idea.
>>
>>2399682
Go ahead. I could use a break from outlining a novel.
>>
>>2399682
newthread first? Page 8
>>
>>2399703
I was thinking of something with a mistress and her servant/maid. Age gap, corruption by a minor, d/s, humor, horror, smut, anything you like.

>>2399706
It's not really necessary yet. We can link to the prompt in the new thread if that becomes an issue.
>>
>>2399712
Thinking about it, it's actually kind of surprising this (in all its variations) isn't a more prominent theme. Especially some Victoria "forbidden romances" or something. Doesn't even pop up in erotica often (although sometimes the sub also does maid-like things).

Talking about new thread, bookzz has a new url, b-ok.org.
And while we're at starving authors, has anyone grabbed Jeanine Hoffma's Stranger than Fiction while it was on mobilism? Or just generally read it? I don't really trust ama reviews.
>>
>>2399725
It's prominent in fanart, but not in writing. I don't understand why because it's such a delicious setup.
>>
>>2399725
>Talking about new thread, bookzz has a new url, b-ok.org.
Thank you. I'll include the link in the next thread.
>>
>>2399725
It's common enough in het erotica. Not directly "mistress/servant", but this whole general thing with "a person with higher social status/a person with lower social status". For example, boss and assistant, veteran and rookie, house owner and cleaning lady, etc.
>>
>>2399785
Well, yeah. I once grabbed some collection of random ebook releases and it featured like 20 variations of "Abducted By the Highlander" and another 20 of "The Billionaire's XY". And this was for monthly releases, so just in one month! Crazy.

But het shit obviously doesn't count as it's shit anyway.

And it's not like FF doesn't do that sort of thing. Student/teacher for example. And the age-old romance theme of "lower class person hooks up with higher class person" is used occasionally, but rarely very prominently, I think.

But anyway, I meant very specifically the maid thing. A bit like the Catholic high school girls where everyone is lesbian (greetings to our Japanese friends). dunno. I just kind of expected there to be some novels like that.
But I can't say I can think of many.
>>
>>2399790
I guess it's hard to come up with a plot for something like that. Not that it should be a problem for erotica, but, well.

Maybe women just don't get off to the feeling of dominating someone who can't refuse them out of fear for their well-being and social status. I don't know, why, that's a top tier fetish.
>>
>>2399790
Actually, I remembered that it included a list of all books released in this collection-like thing up to when it was released. The list has 727 hits for highlander and 2916 for billionaire (it's just the titles, too!).

Authors, such a creative bunch of people!
>>
>>2399793
Can't be that difficult, surely.

Bored young lady of rich family is about to be married to some older gentleman. Maid is hired to take care of her (maybe she's older and "worldlier" in a small twist of the theme). They get closer. Young lady tells her all her secrets.

Soon, they have mindblowing sex.

They are caught, but after some twists and turns they run away together and live happily ever after.

Obviously, this is fairly boring, stereotypical shit, but ... errm, if it's supposed to be stereotypical, then somebody must have written something like it, surely. I'm confused now.
>>
>>2399807
I'm pretty sure you just described a plot of a movie I once heard about.
>>
>>2399712
Love to have a book with those things in it. Shame that doesnt' exist.
>>
>>2399808
>I'm pretty sure you just described a plot of a movie I once heard about.

>happily ever after

Can't be a lesbian movie, then.
>>
>>2399850
I can't recall the ending part, so I'm not sure whether it was "happily ever after" or "oh hey dicks are pretty great I guess".
>>
>>2399808
>>2399807
I mean, Fingersmith is close to it.
>>
FC Hayduk - Coffee Please. Short, quick paced scifi adventure about a heroine who wants a cup of coffee but has to rescue someone's sister from evil aliens first.
Well, it kinda tries to do this entire "badass heroine" thing but it felt a bit like trying too hard to me. Wasn't too atrocious, but nothing memorable.

>>2399964
If you remove every plot twist, sure.

Kind of another indicator, right: can't have a plot "twist" if there isn't a hypothetical straight version of the plot.

Only ones I can come up with is Courting the Countess (which is shit) and Made for Service, which is erotica about as good as the pun implies. So also "not exactly awesome".
>>
Raging Angel by ... Yuri Futanari. If that is not a legitimate name, I don't know what is.

It's atrociously terrible (wow, what a surprise!). Heroine grows up in a village that gets raided by bandits at least once a year. Apparently this doesn't bother anyone too much. One day she decides to make a great sacrifice to summon an Angel, though - it takes a banana and some sake.

So next time the bandits come around the Angel kills them all with zero problems. Well, I can see why nobody else bothered doing this the previous decades. It's clearly too complex for such mediocre results.

Anyway, the Angel insists she needs to go on a great "inquest", so they leave home. Where suddenly it turns out that the sake-selling heroine is actually amazing at combat ("Do you know what chi is?" "I use that word all the time!" What? What type of every day conversation requires the use of that word? "The weather is good for my chi today." That sort of thing?!), so she goes and kills everything in their way.

Now why she didn't do that to the bandits, who knows?!

Anyway, it just gets more ridiculous as it turns out that the setting is not fantasy, but actually scifi. And the heroine is secretly ... Empress of the Galaxy! She just didn't know.

I kind of enjoyed the first part of the story - it was just hilariously bad (and nonetheless at least proofread so not in a way some other KU novels are bad). But at some points it just started being endlessly dragged out ... real chore to bother with.

Also, as the author's name subtly hints at, the angel has a cock. But the heroine doesn't really comprehend this so it doesn't have much relevance to the story (no graphic sex or anything like that anyway).
>>
Halls of Power by Benjamin Medrano. I really enjoyed it. The series had rather little dungeon focus to begin with and this one's has the least but it has alot of entertaining battles, assassination attempts, double crosses and Sistina is always fun to watch. I actually laughed at how abrupt the first time city fires it's giant death laser was and the aftermath.

Bad guys get what's coming to themand good guys get really cutesy happy endings.

My only major issue was the literal deus ex machina at one point. Well that and the series' overall biggest issue i.e. the books explaining everything in a very wordy and kinda unnecessarily detailed manner. I guess it comes from the author's tabletop game background?

But yeah, I had a lot of fun with this series, it wasn't the most original but there's not many /u/ books like it.
>>
>>2401174
Yes, finished that too.

I think what disappointed me the most was the crazy POV changing all the time. It's got at least a dozen POVs, and each individual scene is very short. So you might get dropped into the middle of a battle, then suddenly you are back in the throne room, then you see the bad guys doing something, then it's back to the adventurers ... it's doing atrocious things to the pacing of the novel.

Worse, there's never really surprises since the reader feels like an omnipotent god always knowing every plan of everybody. When X gets captured, it's not left a mystery, instead the POV switches so we see what happens. When Y contemplates double-crossing someone, it's not left open whether she's doing it or not, but the scene makes it very clear what her decision is etc.

Therefore, from the start of the novel to the very end, it just follows one long procession of things you know would happen anyway (and I bet that most people who read 1 and 2 could more or less predict the end of 3 without reading it).

I think this really shows that it's an indie novel and not something written with a ruthless editor looking over the author's shoulder going "you sure about this one? Really?"

On the other hand, the proofreading I think was better than in the first two novels, so that at least I can applaud. And although it's done everything as expected, at least it didn't completely screw up at the end either, which happens too often. So I'm kinda undecided whether I'm disappointed that it wasn't better (it could have been! Lots of good ideas there) or relieved that it didn't suck.

Also: not enough Sistina.
>>
>>2401205
The POV switches to random commanders in unimportant battles weren't great but I never really minded them throughout the series like I know a lot did. I liked seeing the situation just spiral out of the villain's control because holy fuck did I hate that guy.

On Sistina, I agree. I am sad that what happened halfway through basically cut down the Sistina action for most of the rest of the book, even though I really liked the stuff that brought it about. It was actually pretty tense and she was vulnerable throughout the book.
>>
>>2401216
Yes, but it also felt a bit ridiculous.
She builds this super-defensive city. It's so defensive, the term defensive doesn't really cover it.

Then she creates a direct path right at her heart and there isn't even a lock on the door.

Never mind a guard.
Or some traps.
Some magical recognition system.
She doesn't keep some golems around herself. Or anything, really.

Literally: entirely defenseless.

The subplot showed that the bad guy isn't an idiot. He tries every trick in the book, unlike other antagonists who are horribly stupid. He loses through a combination of bad luck and powerful enemies, not because he's an incompetent moron. So I quite liked that.

But the way it happened felt forced to me. It shouldn't have been possible, or at least not so easily.

Also, I largely agree about the war scenes. But there's other stuff I would have cut. Instead of 10 scenes with 500 words each I'd rather have 5 with 1000 words. It's just my personal taste.

Another thing about Sistina:
supposedly, she becomes the Tree of Life. Or maybe she already was. Either way, it's entirely irrelevant to the story, which I thought was very odd. Shouldn't that have changed something? Like, make her feel all the deaths the war causes or somesuch thing?

Sistina as a character reminds me a lot of Breq in Ancillary Justice, this aloof, non-human heroine. But where it makes Breq fairly aggressive about her goals, it makes Sistina kinda passive. Which made sense as a dungeon, but removed her a bit too much from the plot during the final act, I feel.
>>
All I want is a lesbian vampire novel with at least half-decent writing. Please, Madokami.
>>
>>2401240
Yes. Please.
>>
>>2400690
>Raging Angel by ... Yuri Futanari

why are you doing this to yourself onee-sama
>>
>>2401258
It's part of my ingenious scheme to make mediocre FF novels look good by comparing them to the really atrocious ones.

Spoiler: so far it's not working.

Also, I could have read
> Cluck Me: An Erotic Tale of Lesbian Hen Romance
instead.

Maybe I still will.
>>
>>2401259
I kind of admire you for sticking out with it! I wish I wasn't so worried about wasting my time that I could relax and read some things I normally wouldn't.

>And the heroine is secretly ... Empress of the Galaxy! She just didn't know.
The hell though? Did this feel like one of those instances where the author came up with an idea they thought sounded cool and just fisted in there, even if they were half done with the story?
>>
>>2401174
>>2401205
Share please?
>>
>>2401275
I have no clue. It mentions a co-author so some of the more incredulous stuff might be due to there being two authors and nobody to reign them in.

"Wouldn't it be cool if she were an Empress?"
"Oh yeah, and before every battle she gets drunk which improves her fighting powers!"
"But we're already half-way through the novel and neither thing has come up so far!"
"Who cares! It'll be awesome!"

Like this? Doesn't sound unlikely.

I'm always a bit divided with novels like this. On one hand, the author(s) finished some decent-length novel and actually bothered proofreading it. There's also no pretensions about it being anything but what it is (unlike some of those novels with "bonus stories" at the end so they are 1800 pages...).

So I don't want to mock it too much.
But it's a commercial product, not something for free on Wattpad, so that changes some things.

I found the beginning of the thing genuinely amusing. Essentially, the theological idea was that everyone has a guardian angel but as human population increased angel-production just couldn't keep up so by the time of the plot heaven essentially ran out of angels and so not everyone could get one anymore.

So she makes that ridiculous sacrifice and gets one, and it's a 3m tall woman who kills everyone around her and otherwise just sleeps (clinging to the heroine of course), not doing anything else until at some point she decides to actually talk and do things, which starts the rest of the "plot".

Fun ideas, the way I see it. Continuing that way might have produced something kinda entertaining, if still badly written. But the plot holes are just so outrageously huge it's ridiculous. It's impossible to read this without getting somewhat sarcastic during the experience as the authors just make it way too easy to poke holes into everything.

Oh well. On to the next weird novel ...
>>
>>2401259
> Cluck Me: An Erotic Tale of Lesbian Hen Romance
I'm strangely curious.
>>
Pascal Scott - Hard Limits. It's essentially about ... a bit of romance, some kink, a slave beaten to death, and revenge.

The writing is OK (although the German accent of one of the side characters is ridiculous - "no talkink". How does that K make sense?!), and the story is interesting. Definitely different.

But The End just pissed me of. I suppose the author kinda felt that that might happen so added an Epilogue which points out what happened to the people the case is based on.

But that doesn't fix the book. If you're going for some morally questionable story, then at least stick to it.
Personally while I didn't care about her shooting her rapist and getting away with it (good for her!) torturing the other domme until she essentially commits suicide is just sick. That doesn't deserve a happy end, and a fucking police officer who knows and ignores it, heck, even hooks up with her - that's just no.
But maybe that's just me.

>>2401537
It's unfortunately just 6 pages. Now, a full length novel, that would have been interesting ...
>>
>>2402689
New thread.
>>
File: la pucelle x cagliostro.jpg (455KB, 1845x2020px) Image search: [Google]
la pucelle x cagliostro.jpg
455KB, 1845x2020px
>>
File: la pucelle cagliostro chris.jpg (359KB, 1370x2646px) Image search: [Google]
la pucelle cagliostro chris.jpg
359KB, 1370x2646px
>>
File: la pucelle x ange.jpg (193KB, 960x1618px) Image search: [Google]
la pucelle x ange.jpg
193KB, 960x1618px
>>
File: la pucelle x princess.jpg (709KB, 1848x3178px) Image search: [Google]
la pucelle x princess.jpg
709KB, 1848x3178px
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.