[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass Effect

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 52

File: 1469757124780.jpg (645KB, 495x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469757124780.jpg
645KB, 495x1200px
Just finished Andromeda with Suvi's romance, which was fine. How was PeeBee's romance for those who played it? Seemed to go into interesting direction, but I don't think I have it in me to play it again anytime soon.

Shame there isn't Cora romance for female Ryder.
>>
>>2312645
How was the game itself? Awful?
>>
>>2312679
I didn't find it as awful as people are making it to be, if you liked DAI you probably will find this one fine as well. I can see why many people don't like this (or DAI) though. Oh and the last boss fight was a bit anticlimactic.
>>
>>2312685
weren't the gay scenes (romance/sex) terrible
>>
>>2312685
I like the Mass Effect franchise but I didn't care for the Dragon Age games. I only ever played Origins anyway. Maybe I just like sci-fi more than fantasy, but I thought DA was real heavy-handed with the whole "elves are slaves!" and Morrigan being a moody bitch stuff. I stopped playing when I got to the dwarf village because I found it incredibly tedious.
>the last boss fight was a bit anticlimactic
Even worse than the final boss being a child that's really an off switch for the reapers?
>>2312688
Isn't that pretty much all Bioware games?
>>
>>2312688
They were serviceable.

>>2312689
>Even worse...
Kinda.
>>
I haven't played since the patch that fixes the eye shaders but apparently the human characters no long look like androids.
>>
>>2312679
Pre-1.05 version felt like a giant beta test. Visual and gameplay glitches, retarded interface, facial animations, lack of variety in faces and models when it comes to NPCs, that autosave system that made me want to kill myself, etc. I've heard they're fixing stuff now, but I wouldn't play it until maybe two-three months later.

I think my biggest problem with it is how it handles your followers. Even disregarding the banter bug (which also happened in DAI), they don't talk a whole lot, and thus don't really have much presence. I kind of dropped the game after terraforming all planets, but at that point the only people who actually participated in my adventures on planets were Jaal the space cat-vagina guy and Drack the krogan, and even then they only did it on their respective home planets. Everybody else just kinda hung around in hub areas and bantered with each other when banters triggered properly.
Even when I finished some important quests like plot ones or their loyalty missions, they barely had anything to say.

It's the worst with non-combatants like Suvi, Gil, Kallo, etc. And there's a certain disconnect between how your crew treats you in cutscenes (they don't take you seriously, don't see you as an authority, etc.) and how they treat you in one-on-one talks (yo bby wanna bang).

Obviously, it's a matter of your personal taste. For me, half the charm of old ME games came from bonding with your teammates. Here, half of them are pretty bland and one of them makes me want to strangle her (asari asari hey Ryder have you heard of asari I served with asari let's help asari Ryder asari are nice).
On the other hand, combat has more variety to it now, and it's kinda fun, though you don't have as much control over your followers.

Bottom line is, if you're thinking of playing it, I'd advise you to wait until everything is fixed and plot-related DLCs come out. Or pirate it first and see if you're willing to pay money for it.
>>
File: tumblr_olcop1rw9F1s8ae8yo1_1280.jpg (649KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olcop1rw9F1s8ae8yo1_1280.jpg
649KB, 800x1236px
>>2312679
It's really not that bad, it's definitely better than DA:I at least. It suffers from the same flaw gameplay wise, which is the open-world aspect of it which can get boring fast when you're trying to do all the side quests and tasks. One thing I can say that might help is to not burn through it all immediately, as that makes it extremely tedious. I just finished the game's plot having done everything beforehand and realised you can clear all the tedious stuff post-main game (although, without revealing spoilers, it's generally best to do a number of certain sidequests before the end of the main plot depending on how you want things to go). Gameplay itself is alright although certainly different to ME3 due to Ryder being able to choose different powers at any given moment, the MP is largely the same as ME3's so if you liked that you're all set, and the companions aren't that bad, I actually like them. The worst one is Liam, but even then he isn't completely unbearable.

Plot wise it's not terrible, but they definitely rehashed a few basic plot lines of the Shepard trilogy again. It is fairly linear and right now it's like most Bioware games in that most of your choices don't actually matter, it's more down to personal preference than making a difference in how the story plays out but that could change if there's a sequel or expansions. Not meaningfully of course because this is Bioware we're talking about but still there's a bit of a chance.
>>
File: tumblr_onxywzArcw1s8ae8yo5_1280.jpg (651KB, 1000x1014px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onxywzArcw1s8ae8yo5_1280.jpg
651KB, 1000x1014px
>>2316184
The animations are definitely not the best, at times it's so bad/weird it's downright laughable, but at the same time I expected nothing more from Bioware of all people. Creating a custom Ryder really helps IMO; the default Ryder is a magnet for weird facial expressions, so much so that I had to change to a custom Ryder an hour or two into my playthrough and it made it infinitely more bearable. Honestly she only looks cute in fanart. The patch that >>2312727 mentions does seem to help a bit though. Best example is Addison, a main advisor on the game's hub station looked like an android pretending to be a human when the game launched and was the one used the most to highlight Bioware's shitty modelling job but now she does look somewhat passable, for an NPC, at least compared to how she first looked. Nevertheless overall the modelling and animation in the game is absolutely subpar considering other games that have come out recently so if you're a stickler for graphics and good animation then you're in for a rough ride. I managed by accepting the poor animation was unavoidable and outright laughing at Bioware's incompetence in that regard.

Romance wise I've only played through once and I romanced Vetra. She doesn't get a sex scene which in my opinion only improves her romance since you don't have to deal with a classic awkward Bioware sex scene. Instead she gets very cute romantic scenes that always include lewd handholding and hugging. The other two main /u/ related romances are Suvi, the scottish science officer who's basically Andromeda's version of Traynor from ME3 and the infamous Peebee, who you can also have casual sex with without locking in a romance (until you have another person locked in, that is.)

Overall it really depends on your taste. Honestly if you were able to handle DA:I you'd be fine. Otherwise you might as well watch the /u/ related scenes on Youtube because while it's an improvement from DA:I it's far from perfect.
>>
>>2316184
>it's definitely better than DA:I at least
4chan doesn't seem to have a great opinion of DA in general though.
>>
File: yup.jpg (225KB, 653x554px) Image search: [Google]
yup.jpg
225KB, 653x554px
>>2316194
>from Bioware of all people
They might not be the best animators, but I don't recall a single time I laughed out loud during a dramatic moment because the MCs eyes looked like they were bulging out of their sockets.

>it's an improvement from DA:I
Eeeeeeh. Maybe when it comes to the main plot. Trespasser beats everything Andromeda has so far, mostly because you only have to explore one boring ancient vault there.
>>
File: angry ryder.png (235KB, 268x832px) Image search: [Google]
angry ryder.png
235KB, 268x832px
>>2316196
4chan doesn't have a great opinon of Bioware in general, regardless if it's DA or ME.

The most valid complaints about DA:I are that the open-world gameplay is boring and most of the companions aren't that great. ME at least has better companions and better combat IMO so it's got that going for it, although the open-world does still get boring and the animations have barely improved.

ME also has way better lady-lovin' content so at least on that front there's more for us in that regard.

>>2316202
>They might not be the best animators, but I don't recall a single time I laughed out loud during a dramatic moment because the MCs eyes looked like they were bulging out of their sockets.

Did you not have moments like pic related? This is my own Ryder from my PS4 during Liam's loyalty mission. She looks fine 90% of the time compared to the default Ryder but moments like this made me laugh so hard since everyone else's expression is fairly neutral and that face wasn't even warranted in this particular moment.

>Trespasser beats everything Andromeda has so far, mostly because you only have to explore one boring ancient vault there.

Trespasser was good, but compared to the base game ME:A is an improvement, albeit a minor one. Again though it does suffer from open-world like DA:I and the Remnant vaults are certainly a side-effect of that.
>>
File: The bridge is yours, Pathfinder.jpg (996KB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
The bridge is yours, Pathfinder.jpg
996KB, 2048x1371px
>>2316227
>Did you not have moments like pic related?
I meant in previous DA and ME games, sorry. What I said about eyes bulging out of their sockets was related to Andromeda. I don't have the video on me, but the moment when you first arrive at the bridge on Tempest and it takes off, Ryder looks like a goddamn gecko.

Basically, Bioware might not be the best at animating stuff, but it certainly wasn't this bad before. Makes me wonder if they wasted their time and money early on on something that they had to scrap later.
>>
File: tumblr_ooku6jf6vi1w1ujawo1_1280.jpg (739KB, 888x1085px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooku6jf6vi1w1ujawo1_1280.jpg
739KB, 888x1085px
>>2316234
It might be worth you googling "naughty dog bioware animator". Basically a Naughty Dog animator who used to work with Bioware has a credible hypothesis as to why the animation is so subpar for an AAA game.

Hopefully all the bad press makes Bioware actually start to take it seriously now.
>>
>>2316234
>Makes me wonder if they wasted their time and money early on on something that they had to scrap later.
I read that they originally built the game in the Unreal engine, and then converted it over to Frostbite late in the development cycle. Not sure how accurate that is, but if true, it would explain a lot of the buggy, unfinished nature of the game.
>>
>>2312645

Cora is gross and so is Suvi.
>>
File: tumblr_on3txoq6Ab1vx74juo1_1280.png (816KB, 697x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on3txoq6Ab1vx74juo1_1280.png
816KB, 697x800px
>>2316258
>naughty dog bioware animator
Is that the guy who explained the pool of animations and how it's used in AAA RPGs? If so, I've read that one, but even if you consider that they really overestimated their abilities when it comes to manually fixing each animation generated by the algorithm despite having 5 years to do it, there are still other problems like eye shading, lighting that makes faces look like the surface of the Moon, NPCs on the streets suddenly doing T-poses, lack of regular blinking and proper eye contact even in main cutscenes, samefaces, etc., which should've been the main concern of animators in the first place.

I just can't attribute all visual problems this game has (had? I haven't been keeping up with recent news) to "they underestimated the task". To me, it seems like they'd barely begun working on that task before the game had to be shipped.

Ah well. At least people didn't let it slide.
>>
>>2316272
And Peebee is Shrek
>>
>>2316272
>Suvi

Suvi annoys me because she actually seems like a decent character/romance and face wise she isn't unattractive, but for some reason Bioware chose to make her look like one of those women who put so much make-up on it's turned them into a walking-talking orange. She's probably meant to look brown but all I can see is orange, her hair colour does not help either.
>>
>>2316591
It's the lighting problem. When she's out of her chair, she looks decent.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>2316593
But the problem is that the majority of the game she's in that damn chair.

Still, I think for me it's not just the lighting. Her bright blue eyes are a big part of it, they just seem out of place compared to her skin/hair colour. And her hair colour being that shade doesn't really flatter her.
>>
File: hfjgetw.png (71KB, 386x113px) Image search: [Google]
hfjgetw.png
71KB, 386x113px
>>2316599
I think the brightness of her eyes stands out because of the fucked up eye shading. That's a problem a lot of NPCs have. Real humans rarely have vividly bright eyes, at least in the natural environment and lighting; most of the time our eyelashes, eyelids, hair, etc. throw a shadow on them. This is also why the whites of their eyes often seem so stark against their skin.

Not to mention that eye texture on that screencap seems low quality in general, so her irises lack depth. Inquisition runs on Frostbite as well, and it has better default eyes. Not sure why they didn't just borrow some models from there.

>And her hair colour being that shade doesn't really flatter her.
True. It's kinda similar to the color of her skin, which isn't a good thing.
Basically, mods fucking when. I want to remove that bald spot in the default Sara haircut.
>>
>>2316603
Suvi got a Mako infusion. That's why her eyes are so bright.
>>
>>2316599
If that is your Ryder you don't exactly have much of a right to talk unflattering hair colors.
>>
>>2316599
Wait, she's supposed to be white? I thought she was Indian or something.
>>
>>2316643
She has a Scottish accent and a Finnish name. I sincerely doubt she was written to be an Indian.
>>
>>2316738
Anwar doesn't even resemble Finnish though.
>>
>>2316622
>Suvi is another failed Sephiroth clone
It all makes sense now.

>>2316749
"Suvi" is a Finnish name. https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suvi_(nimi)
Although you're right, I forgot about her last name. Maybe she has mixed heritage.
>>
>>2316753
Yeah, the last name (and the perceived skin color) made me think of her as an Indian.
>>
>>2316194
I think default Sara is adorable. I honestly don't understand why people are so mad about her face and are photoshopping her to look like some sort of kpop idol/china doll. She looks like an actual cute human girl, not an anime waifu (which would be weird for this game)
>>
File: dgfhjrynm.jpg (21KB, 720x398px) Image search: [Google]
dgfhjrynm.jpg
21KB, 720x398px
>>2317013
Big lips and ears, tendency to have retarded expressions during cutscenes. Default Scott suffers from this less, for some reason.
>>
I'll never understand how people can be attracted to turians. I mean, most of the named ones are nice characters, Garrus was bro-tier and even Vetra is in the better half of Andromeda squadmates. But they look like talking insects.

Which leaves me in the unfortunate situation of either going for an asari I'm not so thrilled about or the scientist girl, which at least has a sexy voice I guess. How is Suvi's romance scene?
>>
>>2317055
It's nice. And I agree about the Turians.
>>
>>2317055
I like the way their mandibles look and move. N-no homo.
>>
>>2317055
It does help that the turian LIs are good characters but I think the fact that they're so unique compared to asari, who look like blue humans more or less, and bog standard humans is what draws people in. What's the point of having sex in a space opera if you can't have sex with a weird alien?

Also I think the mandibles are cute and I like how throaty their voices are.
>>
>>2317086
>What's the point of having sex in a space opera if you can't have sex with a weird alien?
>tfw still no krogan romance
Why live.
>>
>>2317087
>fugg a krogan
>breaks all your bones and organs with rough sex
>automatic bad end

Would be totally worth it.
>>
>>2317090
Not like that isn't already in the game.

>fuck alien succubus
>die

Also, I'm still mad about that quarian cop out with their ark being late or something. 4 games and basically a decade later, still no lesbian quarians. Or unmasked quarians outside of a shitty student-tier edit job.
>>
>>2317095
Death by krogan snu-snu would be far better than getting killed by Morinth though.

Didn't the Quarian ark contain the other milky way species as well? What if we get a lesbian elcor?
>>
>>2317105
How about a lesbian hanar?
>>
File: tumblr_ood7tkjmRF1rzqfv9o1_1280.png (366KB, 1280x1490px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ood7tkjmRF1rzqfv9o1_1280.png
366KB, 1280x1490px
>>2317113
But are lesbian tentacles /u/ related?

Such a pity Bioware would never have the stones to do anything of the sort anyway. You'd be lucky to get a throwaway gag scene.
>>
>>2317048
She's gotten better after the patch.
>>
>>2317246
>tfw game is pirated so no patch

Is it a significant improvement? Just animations or optimization too?
>>
>>2317256
They're slowly fixing all fucked up shit, including gameplay bugs, save system, animations, etc. But it's gonna take a while.

Does Origin have seasonal sales, by the way?
>>
>>2316599

There needs to be some mods that just give her dark brown hair or something.

And remove Cora's meme hair and give her some normal hair
>>
>>2317330
I wouldn't mind Cora's hair if she overall looked young. But she acts and sounds like she's forty.
>>
>>2317095
Pretty sure the Quarian ark is going to be in a DLC. After the end you can read a email that hints that.
>>
>>2317327
I like the meme hair.

>>2317332
At that point that hairstyle is like centuries old.
>>
>>2317048
>>2317013
Default Sara looks gorgeous in some angles, not to mention great ass. But the animation and the stupid lower-side view of her head, which shows up a lot in conversations, are atrocious
>>
>>2317711
I bet they are bringing something Reaper related due to the timeframe they must have left the Milky Way. Maybe 1/3rd of the Ark turned crazy due to Indoctrination or they got like a single Reaper on their ass.
>>
>>2318373
I really hope not. Reapers were a great enemy (before ME3), but that story is over, let it stay that way.

>>2317055
>Suvi's romance scene

Very cute, the patch altered it for the better. The romance itself is unfortunately very underwhelming until pretty much the final act. Really hoping DLC will expand on it but not expecting much.
>>
>>2318405
except that story is not even

andromea literally takes place during the same time as the original trilogy, just separated by a few hundred light years. a distance that means nothing to the reapers
>>
>>2318407
>a few hundred light years
Two and a half million light years.

Regardless, if Reapers ever wanted to chase after the Arks, they would've done it already. Their FTL travel is twice as fast as the one the Initiative is capable of, and it's been six hundred years since they did away with the Milky Way.
>>
>>2318407
>>2318419
You girls just made a thought pop into my head. If the reapers did arrive there twice as fast as the initiative, at most, then reapers were around for the collapse of the Remnant and the height of the Scourge. Who wants to bet 100% that the Scourge could fuck the Reapers beyond all reason because of it's capabilities
>>
>>2318432
Theoretically possible, assuming Reapers fucked off quickly after the Earth fell. I believe their FTL capabilities allow them to travel at about 11,000 times the speed of light, which is 2.5 times more than the Initiative's ~4,200, so they would have had more than 300 years at their disposal.

But I really don't want them to bring up Reapers again. We've had the exact same fucking thing with Protheans, repeating it again with Jardaan would just be silly.
>>
>>2318444
I was thinking more they send part of a contingency squadron after the initiative more than the entire armada. Plus they're already out in dark space so eh. However, yes you're right. I hope Reapers don't show up because that'd be dumb and the Kett already give reaper vibes.
>>
>>2318407
>andromea literally takes place during the same time as the original trilogy

No. It takes place ~600 years after.
>>
>>2318432
That's why I think the Quarian Ark will bring a Reaper along, mostly because they could showcase the Scourge fucking one up. Also the Quarian Ark must have started right when the invasion began.
>>
>>2318569
>I think the Quarian Ark will bring a Reaper along
I sincerely hope you're wrong. There's a limit to how derivative the plot can get.
>>
>>2318573
After how creatively bankrupt the plot was I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>Be me
>Immediately start romancing Suvi
>Shut down any advances by Reyes
>Tell Liam to keep his movies to himself
>Start calling Kett "Hett"
>Use PAW for mid-range combat
>Pretend I'm blasting hetfags with yuri ray

Who else is being a fucking retard while playing this?
>>
>>2318591
>Using P.A.W.
>Using any sort of weapon
>Not beating everyone up with your fists
F-, see me after class.
>>
>>2318598
Get the asari sword for maximum edge.
>>
>>2318591
>Tell Liam to keep his movies to himself

What, you don't wanna see Suvi cuddling with a tac cloaked Ryder?
>>
>>2318694
This happened to me too. It didn't fail to amuse.
>>
>>2318675
>Using Asari Sword
>Accidently warp through locked door
>Games breaks

No thanks.
>>
>>2318721
Pssh... nothing personnel, kid.
>>
>>2318721
>using Asari sword
>attack guy right in front of me
>warp ahead 10 feet and slash at nothing
>get shot in the back of head by same guy and die
>autosave puts me half an hour back

True story
>>
>>2318675
>"Oh, hey, a new melee weapon. I wonder what the animation looks like"
>press the melee button
>warp through space
>warp through time
>warp through the multiverse
>accidentally stab your past self in the back
>>
>>2318871
Only Cora T'Harper knows how to use such an advanced weapon.
>>
File: asariaresocoolaren'ttheyryder.png (689KB, 986x1120px) Image search: [Google]
asariaresocoolaren'ttheyryder.png
689KB, 986x1120px
>>2318899
Well, she is an asari, after all.
>>
>>2318675
I'm on level 7 development and I just realized you could rename crafted weapons. Literally just named my Asari Sword "COLDSTEEL".
>>
>>2319153
>not TELEPORTS BEHIND U
>>
>>2319153
>>2319260
>not PERSONNEL
>>
>>2319262
>not naming your helmet, chest, arms and legs PSSH, NOTHING, PERSONNEL and KID
>>
>>2319263
Which armor set though? Remnant?
>>
>>2319271
I was thinking N7 for maximum edge.
>>
>>2320479

If you're full biotic sure. I'd rather have Maverick for weapon damage or Heleus Defender for all-round.
>>
>>2320656
>implying it matters
I just do everything in Maverick because it's too bothersome to keep several armor sets around and up-to-date. Haven't had any problems so far, and I switch profiles constantly.
That, and weak point bonus is a neat thing to have for any playstyle.
>>
>>2320661
This. Past certain point, the armor really doesn't matter all that much.
>>
So what's the chances of getting an at least 3/4-assed expansion on the romances in DLC?
>>
>>2325023
Maybe some lines in the Quarian DLC. I'd say if there will be expansion it'll be in a Citadel/Trespasser style DLC that'll come at the end.
>>
>>2316833
Anwar is an arabic name not indian
>>
>>2329062
It is more popular in Arab countries than in India, but it's not exclusive to them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_(singer)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_Hussain_(actor)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tariq_Anwar_(politician)
>>
>>2320768
I wouldn't really say that. Since enemies scale up with your PC levels, you essentially become weaker every time you level up past the required lvl that gets you all the passives and actives you use in a particular build. Same with your squadmates. So getting an armour set with corresponding bonuses choke full of needed augments with a useful mod can bridge that gap.
Unfortunately, looks are directly tied to bonuses, so the choice of armours that let you wear the helmet always, but still see your character's face is very limited.
>>
>>2329367
I found myself upgrading my weapons more than armor desu. Also, like in DAI, the armor mods suck so much.
>>
>>2329367
You can't change armor sets on the go, which makes them completely pointless if you switch profiles constantly. Not a problem most people have, probably, but I personally got tired of my usual sniper pew-pew playstyle rather quickly, since on Insane every goddamn enemy is a bullet sponge, so I had to add some vanguarding to the mix.
>>
>>2329220
Yes it's because they're muslim indians but they have an arabic name, not hindi. Anwar means "enlightenment" in arabic.
>>
>>2329985
I see. Thanks, anon, didn't know that.

I guess this explains why her skin is the color of slightly burned French fries.
>>
>>2325023
They specifically said they were working on M/M romances so I think we're out of luck
>>
>>2330313
I thought that was in relation to the main game, though? Or am I misremembering it?
>>
>>2330345
I'd rather hook up with Lexi, tbqhwy. Can't stand Cora fangirling over asari.
>>
File: 132-0-1493588482.jpg (742KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
132-0-1493588482.jpg
742KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone tried the Romance For All mod yet?
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/mods/132/?

It lets you romance anyone regardless of gender. Kind of dragon age 2 style I guess. Some people don't seem happy that it lets dudes romance Suvi and gals romance Gil though, which I get but whatever. Now OP can hook up with Cora!
>>
>>2330347
I wouldn't romance her even if she was the only female LI available to femRyder. She is so hideous.
>>
File: Cora.png (887KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
Cora.png
887KB, 1000x675px
>>2330571
Cora looks great sometimes.
>>
>>2331753
>Cora looks great sometimes
>posts pics of her with her helmet on
You're playing a ruse here, aren't you, onee-sama?
>>
>>2331898

I like her, she gotta nice booty.

It's hilarious to me after all the stuff about the romances all of them turned out to be standard "have sex, end of content" and only one of girl ryders had any lewdness
>>
>>2331905
Of course. /u/ is pure so it stands to reason that the shittiest of the bunch got lewds.
>>
>>2334179
Blame the absolute lack of concept art for turians. If fanartists had a good grasp on nude turians there'd probably be a bunch of lewd Vetra/Ryder art.
>>
File: 1473653169281.png (502KB, 610x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473653169281.png
502KB, 610x720px
>>2334180
Thank God, Bioware did something right.
>>
>>2334180
I'd take handholding over an awkward unisex sex scene any day, to be honest.

But it'd be nice if f/f romances got the same amount of attention and content as Jaal's.
>>
>>2334200
It's the power of landwhales.
>>
>>2334180
There was a rumour going around that there was a scene for MRyder/Vetra but they removed it because there wasn't one for FRyder. If that's the case maybe someone, somewhere has some lewd Vetra models.
>>
>>2334571
That's bullshit but I believe it knowing that team.
>>
>>2334576
Gotta take all the bullshit, because the team was wholly bullshit?
>>
>>2334200
>I'd take handholding over an awkward unisex sex scene

Sounds like Suvi is right up your alley. That is not a double entendre.
>>
>>2334180
I think all the Garrus porn I've around the net has shown that people are creative enough to make nude Turians.
>>
>>2334595
Jojo reference
>>
>>2334616
I already romanced Vetra. Was disappointed.

>Pre-romance dialogue
>"Hey, Ryder."
>Post-romance dialogue
>"Hey, Ryder."
>no new dialogue options
>no difference in interactions
>romantic cutscenes that trigger strictly after plot missions
I'm betting it's the same for Suvi and the raccoon.
>>
>>2334823
Did you name your Ryder Sara or something else?
>>
>>2334878
I left it at default.
>>
>>2334879
Weird since she calls her Sara is some of the cutscenes.
>>
>>2334889
She does. She does it regardless of whether you're in a relationship with her or not.
>>
>>2334823
>I'm betting it's the same for Suvi and the raccoon.

Yep. Went with Suvi in my only playthrough. From what I've heard, Vetra was a more cute-cute romance while Suvi was a lot more awkward-cute. But the way Suvi says "Sara" made the whole romance for me.
>>
File: tumblr_opnqy6kk9Y1vg2cx2o1_1280.png (440KB, 1280x1348px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opnqy6kk9Y1vg2cx2o1_1280.png
440KB, 1280x1348px
lets show some space girlfriends
>>
File: tumblr_o8olnhKSXr1rrgaxgo1_1280.jpg (250KB, 1280x796px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8olnhKSXr1rrgaxgo1_1280.jpg
250KB, 1280x796px
>>
>>
File: tumblr_oljy3ucFRD1urc6vao1_1280.jpg (793KB, 1040x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oljy3ucFRD1urc6vao1_1280.jpg
793KB, 1040x800px
>>
File: tumblr_ols21k301N1urc6vao1_1280.jpg (396KB, 1040x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ols21k301N1urc6vao1_1280.jpg
396KB, 1040x700px
>>
>>
>>
File: tumblr_one9hhAYjB1scte2so1_1280.png (636KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_one9hhAYjB1scte2so1_1280.png
636KB, 1280x905px
>>
File: tumblr_onfemncBOx1u3dhzao1_1280.jpg (72KB, 602x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onfemncBOx1u3dhzao1_1280.jpg
72KB, 602x350px
>>
File: tumblr_onjkypo2GT1u3dhzao1_1280.png (253KB, 558x680px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onjkypo2GT1u3dhzao1_1280.png
253KB, 558x680px
>>
File: tumblr_onjynlA4Yu1scte2so1_1280.png (803KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onjynlA4Yu1scte2so1_1280.png
803KB, 1280x1810px
>>
File: tumblr_ono3oa6sp11u4y92fo1_500.png (369KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ono3oa6sp11u4y92fo1_500.png
369KB, 500x655px
>>
File: tumblr_onsxd035IZ1qldo82o1_1280.png (2MB, 838x1517px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onsxd035IZ1qldo82o1_1280.png
2MB, 838x1517px
>>
>>
File: tumblr_ooq0ni8bBQ1tqur7wo1_1280.png (715KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooq0ni8bBQ1tqur7wo1_1280.png
715KB, 707x1000px
>>
File: tumblr_op1uu59DTM1qhbxj0o1_1280.png (859KB, 1280x907px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op1uu59DTM1qhbxj0o1_1280.png
859KB, 1280x907px
>>
File: tumblr_ond9cfRGue1urc6vao1_1280.jpg (460KB, 1040x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ond9cfRGue1urc6vao1_1280.jpg
460KB, 1040x900px
>>
File: tumblr_op7ffw9K071vew8swo1_1280.jpg (413KB, 1280x1646px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op7ffw9K071vew8swo1_1280.jpg
413KB, 1280x1646px
>>
File: tumblr_oou8e9tVYc1user9qo1_1280.png (713KB, 1280x1724px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oou8e9tVYc1user9qo1_1280.png
713KB, 1280x1724px
>>
File: tumblr_op9yz8yUhJ1tibkx1o1_1280.jpg (553KB, 900x1033px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op9yz8yUhJ1tibkx1o1_1280.jpg
553KB, 900x1033px
>>
>>
>>2335153
That's a bad case of tumblr nose.
>>
File: tumblr_op1rsdU4Dl1ue52s1o1_1280.jpg (220KB, 900x1050px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op1rsdU4Dl1ue52s1o1_1280.jpg
220KB, 900x1050px
>>2335112
>Suvi will never get much art
>most of it will be with snowflake Ryders anyway

I really shouldn't have let this pair go to my head.
>>
>>2336831
I feel for you, sis.
>>
>>2335152
>>2335149
>>2335144
>>2335141
>>2335134
hnnng
I can't get enough of human girls shacking up with alien girls. It's always seemed like such a rare thing.
>>
So I heard that the new patch fixed some more shit in cutscenes and converations?
>>
>>2338662
I haven't taken an extensive look but one big thing I noticed is that your LI no longer stares off into space during movie night. At least Suvi doesn't, can't confirm for anyone else. Oh, and Ryder isn't invisible anymore during it which is nice.

This is a pretty good vid that shows the differences side-by-side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzVAClWI4UU
>>
>>2338662
I don't know if it's related to the newest patch since I haven't played this game for a few weeks but I booted up a new playthrough with default Ryder and wow she's changed. I don't like the noticeable make up, that's just me though, but she still looks far better than at release.
>>
>>2338711
Holy fuck that are some differences.
>>
>>2338711
The improved facial shadows and animations did make a huge difference, but one of the biggest issues with Ryder's face was her lips being stuck in a straight position, rather than lip corners turned downward like a normal resting face. Without fixing that, none of these improvements will really fix her weird expressions.
>>
>>2338711
This looks much better. Unfortunately, as >>2339518 said, better shadowing and animations can't fix base issues with models. That and I'm pretty sure most NPCs still suffer from the dreaded Sameface Plague. Terrible disease, 97% lethality, no known cure.
>>
>>2339525
The sameface doesn't bother me that much, especially not on the Asari because fuck the Asari, really..
>>
>>2339581
It's more noticeable on dickheads, especially female ones. Probably because there's a whole city filled with them.
>>
>>2339585
You mean the Angara?
They are alien enough that it doesn't matter, same with Turians and Krogan.
>>
>>2339601
It's very noticeable when you see the same face structure over and over again but in different colors. It's less noticeable on turians and krogans because they're spiky, although I swear there are at least two NPCs who have the exact same chin spikes as Drack.
>>
>>2339602
Maybe we're just racist and they look all the same to us because of that :^)
>>
>>2339607
Speciest.
>>
>>2339608
Didn't that one Turian say "You humans are all racist!" in ME2?
>>
>>2339617
He was just salty because he was too ugly to get in the nightclub.
>>
>>2339647
I'm talking about the one on the citadel that wasn't allowed through customs.
>>
>>2339525
They toned down Suvi's lip color so I'm grateful for that.
>>
>>2338711
One more patch closer to Addison looking human.
>>
>>2339684
Now if only they could fix her hair
>>
>>2339694
And her skull.

And that bizarre lumpy skin texture.
>>
File: I waited five years for THIS.webm (2MB, 354x316px) Image search: [Google]
I waited five years for THIS.webm
2MB, 354x316px
>>2339700
>And her skull.

>tfw you realize Suvi is just a slightly less retarded Scottish version of Elizabeth Shaw.
>>
>>2339787
Not seeing it, that woman has cheekbones. Suvi's whole face is just this formless oblong with eyes and pink lipstick.
>>
>>2339700
>And that bizarre lumpy skin texture
That shit is like a plague. I don't know how they managed to fuck even this up, but some humans just look like their faces are made of pavement.
>>
File: tumblr_oo7jfzR59H1u51lfeo1_1280.png (695KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo7jfzR59H1u51lfeo1_1280.png
695KB, 750x900px
>>2339694
I like her hair though
>>
File: tumblr_op37qkrrQC1uhjpzfo1_1280.jpg (213KB, 1280x1792px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op37qkrrQC1uhjpzfo1_1280.jpg
213KB, 1280x1792px
Neat little gem for anyone who likes Vetra
>>2339860
The shape/style of it is fine, it's the way the colour and texture comes across.
>>
>>2339861
I can see that. There's this weird trend across a lot of games to make as many female romance interests redheads as possible, even when it really doesn't fit. Hair that's lighter than the skin tone just looks goofy, I think Suvi could still be pretty cute with brown hair.
>>
>>2339865
Yeah or just something darker. The shade of her hair is like the least flattering shade they could've chosen. If they went for more red like her clothing it might've worked better or like auburn. Personally I think a good dark brown would've looked nice.
>>
File: daihair.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
daihair.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
>>2339865
I wouldn't mind the color if the texture didn't make it look like chewed hay. Ciri in TW3 has grayish-white hair and it doesn't look nearly as weird on her. I understand TW3 and Andromeda run on different engines, and hair in DAI also looked pretty meh, but the thing is, it's not impossible to make it look fine on Frostbite. It's just that Bioware either lacks experience or desire to do it.

Battlefield 1 also runs on Frostbite 3, and people's haircuts there don't look like something a child made with plasticine.
https://youtu.be/yskom4DeeI8?t=5m17s
https://youtu.be/jC7cdrGzbO4?t=2m57s
>>
>>2339931
Bioware's character creation has always been pretty shit and has been getting flak since, like, KotOR. I think the usual explanation is that they have to work with varying faces instead of something like the Witcher where there's no variable CC and all that extra time and assets can be put towards making the MC's face that much more detailed.
>>
File: ripbirdlizardwomanthingy.jpg (2MB, 1015x1476px) Image search: [Google]
ripbirdlizardwomanthingy.jpg
2MB, 1015x1476px
>>2340230
I mean, that excuse only works for the MC's facial structure. When it comes to your ship crew, however, this excuse fails. Being so lazy you can't make sure your player's followers, the ones they're going to be spending the most time with throughout the game, look fine and unique is bottom of the barrel.

As for hair, which started this whole discussion, I'm not a game developer, but I'm fairly sure they use the same overall texture for all hair and fur in the game, so it doesn't have to be recreated for every existing NPC. I'm probably wrong about that, though.

I dunno. I could've got over custom Sara looking dumb in some cutscenes if the default one and every major NPC didn't have these problems. But they did, and I'm still salty about Bioware even thinking about releasing the game in its original state.
>>
>>2340248
I really hate the new trend of developers pushing broken games out the door with the intention of making them work right later, after some money rolls in. I get that deadlines are a bitch, but they're playing the consumer for fools now. I remember getting Stalker: Clear Sky and being unable to leave the first area because it would always crash. Granted, the entire franchise is riddled with more bugs than a roach motel, and the games only went from completely unplayable to merely aggravating when a group of modders cleaned up the code years later. I don't get how this became a viable business model. No fast-food would serve you meat patty and then say, "Wait a couple hours while we wait for the buns to come in." I already paid, goddamit.
>>
>>2339688
Her face is too tired for that.
>>
File: tumblr_n0x0pypm581rpqpf9o1_1280.png (677KB, 963x889px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0x0pypm581rpqpf9o1_1280.png
677KB, 963x889px
>>
File: tumblr_nmisfy3DFC1uswqu2o1_1280.png (704KB, 738x1096px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmisfy3DFC1uswqu2o1_1280.png
704KB, 738x1096px
>>
File: tumblr_nmisfy3DFC1uswqu2o2_1280.png (839KB, 742x897px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmisfy3DFC1uswqu2o2_1280.png
839KB, 742x897px
>>
File: tumblr_nmisfy3DFC1uswqu2o3_1280.png (681KB, 800x623px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmisfy3DFC1uswqu2o3_1280.png
681KB, 800x623px
>>
>>2344792
Miranda wants kids, knows she can't have kids, and yet is still only into dudes instead of accepting the sweet embrace of lesbianism. I don't get it. At least Shep could have their babies for them.
>>
>>2346319
Adoption is a thing.
>>
>>2346412
Why adopt when you can have canon-compliant lesbabies?
>>
>>2346686
Because pregnancy is gross, tbqhwy.
>>
>>2346688
>pregnancy is hot

FTFY
>>
File: ryder_x_suvi_by_zairyo-db2ykhl.jpg (36KB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
ryder_x_suvi_by_zairyo-db2ykhl.jpg
36KB, 622x350px
Recently beat the game, and I thought it was pretty good. I think people went a little overkill circle jerk hating on the game. While I do agree that games should not come out as unfinished as it seems Mass Effect did in terms of facial animations (I also missed that thanks to the patches), the rest of the game was pretty solid.

On the other note, I enjoyed the Suvi romance, especially the dorkiness of it. (Plus that accent) I just wish she didn't suffer from, I'm not a battle companion so I get way less resources put into me and my scenes. (Rip poor Kelly even forgotten in Citadel dlc) Also more Suvi art please internet.
>>
>>2351666
Apparently Suvi has the least romantic content of any companion in the game. Based on YT vids of the full romances, it ended up like this:

Cora and Peebee: 40~45 minutes
Jaal and Vetra: ~35 minutes
Reyes: ~25 minutes
Liam and Gil: ~20 minutes
Suvi: ~15 minutes
Avela and Keri: ~10 minutes

I'm astounded how Reyes was given so much more time compared to her when she's with you from the start and he doesn't show up until halfway through the game and is confined entirely to one planet.
>>
>>2351684
>Vetra: ~35 minutes
Seriously? Aside from a few dialogues, a race to the top of the mountain and a burnt steak, what content did she have?
>>
>>2351684
Yeah its kinda annoying, though hopefully they can add more to that in dlc (if we ever get dlc for this game which is not looking good). They added a lot more scenes to Samantha in the dlc which was good.

Reyes is basically kinda like a mini companion, so I get why he has a lot of time, but any of our crew members should have more or equal time.
>>
>>
>>2346688
Only slightly less gross than hand holding.
>>
>>2365133
You don't get heavy and bloated after hand-holding, anon.
>>
File: IMG_1599.jpg (118KB, 435x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1599.jpg
118KB, 435x600px
>>2344789
I'm surprised by the lack of Femshep/Liara in this thread so far. Has Ryder/Vetra overtaken them as the new favorite Yuri pair?

Can you tell I haven't played Andromeda yet?
>>
>>2367692
>Has Ryder/Vetra overtaken them as the new favorite Yuri pair?

I hope not, that's just awful.
>>
>>2367692
I don't think any of the ME:A pairs will ever get that much traction due to the reception of the game in general, and the apparent unlikelihood of a sequel.
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.