[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread about yuri authors'? Anecdotes, perspectives,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 55

Can we have a thread about yuri authors'? Anecdotes, perspectives, your favorites, etc. Keep it more or less civil and I'll give you candy.
>>
>>
Yuniko:
https://yaranakya.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/on-yuri-2-changing-definitions/
>>
File: eclair.jpg (56KB, 320x472px) Image search: [Google]
eclair.jpg
56KB, 320x472px
/u/, why are you not shipping Nakatani x Canno?
>>
File: 480289562.jpg (290KB, 606x850px) Image search: [Google]
480289562.jpg
290KB, 606x850px
>>
One of my favorites.
>>
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_friends
>>
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/ritz
>>
>>2278806
What's the proper way to fold the money?
>>
File: CxtNKUZUoAIN1J7.png orig.png (613KB, 1108x1061px) Image search: [Google]
CxtNKUZUoAIN1J7.png orig.png
613KB, 1108x1061px
Kanarashi once tweeted how when she was younger, she wish she had been a boy (and noted stupid gender distinctions she hated as a child like how colors red/pink was for girls and blue for boys) until one day in her late teens she met a super suteki oneesan that became her ideal and so she wanted to be like her.
>>
How's Morishima doing these days? She seemed to be going through some stuff recently.
>>
>>2278799
I want to be like that editor
>>
File: hime02.png (175KB, 800x1122px) Image search: [Google]
hime02.png
175KB, 800x1122px
>>
File: 1484876811681.jpg (135KB, 800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1484876811681.jpg
135KB, 800x1800px
>>2278761
>tfw no one fulfilled my request for Takemiya Jin/Morishima Akiko in the drawthreads
>>
>>2278925
Horizontally across the paper, so it's easier to fit in between the breasts.
>>
Which authors are out lesbians?
We know that they >>2278806 are at least bi, Takemiya Jin is lesbian, any other?
>>
>>2282526
Ume Aoki seems to be.
>>
>>2282145
Who did this?
>>
>>2282586
tamamusi
>>
>>2282526
Well, when I think about Morishima Akiko or Amano Shuninta it comes natural to me to consider both of them lesbians. I think I've read somewhere about Morishima Akiko in an interview when YuriKuma Arashi was airing, I can't remember where though.

If the stories they write could indicate any suggestions about their sexual identity, I personally consider Kodama Naoko a bisexual and Momono Moto a lesbian. This is just my headcanon, I don't even know if it can be considered a plausible element of speculation.

I've always been curious about what these mangakas look like irl, but I've never found pictures of them. I'm especially curious about Amano Shuninta. I'm artistically in love with her. Does someone have some info?
>>
>>2282647
>I'm artistically in love with her.
Same.
I wish I could have sex with her manga.
>>
>>2282647
I can't remember exactly how she looked like, but me and a friend visited her booth at Comiket. She had her booth directly next to Takemiya Jin and both looked very happy when we asked them for signatures. They gave a really nice and friendly atmosphere (unlike other artists we visited)!
I think she was small (like most Japanese), rather young (but it's been more than two years so I might be wrong) and cute. I think. If I'm going this year again I'll tell my friend to ask for pictures.
>>
>>2282813
I hear Shuninta is butch. Is this true?
>>
>>2282813
Didn't she say she was also at University when she wrote Philosophia. That was in 2013 so she is probably mid 20s right now. I assume you are referring to Shuninta by the way

>(unlike other artists we visited)
Who?
>>
File: 33710604_p1.jpg (244KB, 423x2801px) Image search: [Google]
33710604_p1.jpg
244KB, 423x2801px
>>
>>2282647
I didn't expect this discussion would devolve into an inquiry into the authors' sexual identity. If their stories are anything deeper than superficial fetishization it would imply they have given serious thoughts about lesbianism, which also means they would be open to a lesbian identity if circumstances allow. Ultimately if they don't choose to identify with one themselves it's probably unproductive to speculate about their sexual identity for which they haven't decided themselves.
>Kodama Naoko a bisexual
Her stories are mostly made of a primary lesbian and a bisexual lesbian. Most importance has been given to primary lesbian's characterization so who do you consider she's been self-inserting with?
>>
File: yuri.jpg (14KB, 245x346px) Image search: [Google]
yuri.jpg
14KB, 245x346px
>>2278763
>Yuniko
Is there any other female yuri scriptwriter? I haven't known anyone else.

Yuniko's definition of yuri is based on emotional content instead of sexual identity. Friendship, motherly love, I mean perhaps age gap, the form and identities in the relationships don't matter. What matters is the emotional aspect.
Her writing style is great for girls' characterization with a dose of idiosyncrasies. I think the idiosyncrasies started when she was adapting Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko and was influenced by Hitoma Iruma's style, which resulted in a fair number of characters with autistic traits in her later shows.

She was inspired by Ichiro Okochi to be a scriptwriter when she met him and saw him work at 18.

This book has some interesting anecdotes:
Her three defining yuri works: R.O.D TV (the first anime with yuri subtext), Aoi Hana (the best yuri work), Strawberry Panic (the first proper yuri anime)
She was once doki doki from a friend's hand holding, but years later much to her dismay the friend said she had not been actually enthusiastic about it. (This is also why I won't use the stories, which are indistinguishable from fantasies, as evidence to peek into the author's private life. I can post the raw if anyone wants to translate it.)
>>
>>2283142
>a bisexual lesbian
???
>>
>>2283168
>Primary lesbians are women whose primary sexual orientation has always been toward other women. They often knew themselves to be lesbian (or at least "different") when they were very young - in early adulthood, adolescence, or even younger. Bisexual lesbians, on the other hand, came to an identity as lesbian later and often felt themselves to be heterosexual first. They may have had significant romantic and sexual relationships with men and may continue to recognize that as a possibility. Both groups of women consider themselves lesbian, both choose women as their partners [...]
>An informal survey among 12 therapists shows that 46 out of 74 couples are of the primary-bisexual pattern.
>>
>>2283093
>I assume you are referring to Shuninta by the way
Yeah.

>Who?
Vivit Gray was very unfriendly. We asked her if she'd continue drawing Touhou doujinshi but she looked/sounded quite annoyed.
>>
>>2282672
implying that you must be a girl, of course.
>>
>>2283164
>Is there any other female yuri scriptwriter?
Kimino Sakurako
>>
File: 1483715623638.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483715623638.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
Praise me more!
>>
>>2283367
Who?
>>
File: 33993.jpg (29KB, 205x350px) Image search: [Google]
33993.jpg
29KB, 205x350px
>>2283736
Pretty sure that image is supposed to represent Kobayashi Ritz. It's actually a girl from Achiga-hen, though.
>>
File: Namori.jpg (97KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Namori.jpg
97KB, 480x480px
>>
>>2283142
You can have a meaningful story without it being a shallow fetish or a deep reasoning behind what is lesbianism.
I prefer stories that are just that, nice love stories that happen to be gay. A bit of thought on it being harder than a normal relationship is good, but the deep introspection is a turn off for me unless I'm actively searching for those types of stories at the time.
>>
>>2283367
The current Teru arc is superb! As expected of Ritz.
>>
>>2283171
So it's basically another roundabout expression to avoid getting labelled as bisexual, got it.
>>
>>2287517
And people wonder why people hate bisexuals so much.
>>
>>2287701
People don't want to id as bi because people dislike them, but people dislike them because of monkey business like this. Seems like a bit of a catch 22.
>>
>>2287389
Which one is Namori then?
>>
>>2287710
Probably front left.
>>
>>2282424
Did you post how they look? might check it out
>>
>>2287705
I can understand not wanting to identify as a group, labels are stupid. But when you purposefully misidentify yourself it just fucks with everyone.
>>
>>2287766
>labels are stupid
Except it super helps to know up front that someone may/may not ever want to fuck you and to proceed or back off.
>>
>>2287778
You need to reconsider your attitude if you reduce a person to a label. You're not actually speaking for them, are you?
>>
>>2287778
They're helpful, just annoying. It's better to know someone and are able to describe them as that label than just having the label and assuming everything fits. For example, the gay community on a whole has a lot of behaviors I disagree with and want no part of. This would make me very hesitant to group myself with them just because I like someone of the same sex.
>>
>>2287993
No one person can truly speak for a group larger than their close friends (say, five people at most). At the same time, "labels" are everywhere and you and everyone else will always have them attached to them, tumbler-fag.

I embrace the labels that I have. I put them there through the things that I think and the things that I like.
I'm a Metal head, a rocker, a nerd, (usually) a name-fag, a yuri-fag, a gamer, an anime fan, a manga elitist, a "Degenerate" (c), a janitor, A libertarian, a "gun nut", a history buff, a Pen an Paper RPG gamer, a 4chaner, ect... (There are more, but I can't think of them at the moment.)

You should embrace yours too. You have more than one label, and you always will. All of them combined show a pretty good picture of who you are. Not a perfect one, no, far from it, but still a good enough one to see if someone would possibly want to hang out with you.
>>
>>2287710
Green pants and blue sweater. The others are the Yuru Yuri seiyuus.
>>
>>2288013
I'm past that phase. I don't think a person can be described with a sum of labels and I find it pretty shallow to even define them with their externalities.
>>
>>2288013
Labels are vague and lead to more misunderstandings than they prevent.
What you're talking about is being accepting of the things you like, this is different that saying
>i like cod, i'm a huge gamer!
gamer is a common one for example, the meaning behind it changes based on who you talk to. some people nowdays consider mobage makes them a gamer. others would say you have to be a nolife nerd who plays games all day to be a gamer.
rather than just describing it as it is, "i like to play certain games a certain amount" you just throw it all under gamer and it more convoluted than if you just kept it unlabeled.

And while I know labels are an inevitable, its just part of being in a society, they are still ridiculous and a bad thing overall. They exist solely to generalize.
>>
>>2288001
How convenient that the word 'homosexual' exists then, eh.
>>
>>2288018
>phase
It's not one.

>I don't think a person can be described with a sum of labels
Not entirely, but it comes pretty damn close to doing it.

> I find it pretty shallow to even define them with their externalities.
Then how else do you define a stranger? If you're both at a con, then you know that they have at least slightly similar interests as you, so you've just labeled them as being someone who likes, say, anime. So now that stranger has the label of "anime fan" in your head. That means that now you have something in common and can more easily interact with them.

>>2288029
>Labels are vague and lead to more misunderstandings
Labels are one-word descriptions of who you are and what you like. They are not vague, and don't lead to misunderstandings. I've never been steered wrong by them, at least. If I know a few of these labels that a person has, then I can interact with them better. If I know that someone else is a yuri-fag, then I know that I can talk to them about yuri, and yuri related things. Then we add more sub-labels on top of them being a yuri-fag. For instance: are they a purity-fag? Are they a crack or a canon-fag? Are they neutral in any particular arguments (such as crack vs. canon)? Adding labels helps you to know how someone thinks in a more simple method than remembering their exact, more nuanced position on various topics.

>What you're talking about is being accepting of the things you like
No, there are plenty of things in there that don't go under "things I like", but at the same time, the things you like place you into labels which arch above the community that belongs to that interest. Within the community and the overarching label, you have sub-communities and sub-labels based on how you feel about certain aspects of the interest and the community.
>>
>>2287746
I only posted their self-drawings from the afterwords of their manga. I have no idea how they look like in real life.
>>
>>2288029
>they are still ridiculous and a bad thing overall
This kind of attitude is exactly what leads to special snowflake syndrome. Labeling things in terms of generalities isn't a bad thing. That's why we have subcategories and modifiers.
>>
>>2288086
>>phase
>It's not one.
It is a phase when you need these externalities to define who you are. I no longer do.
>>
What is with all these cancerous posts?
Let the tyranny of the discontinuous mind rear its ugly head elsewhere, please.
>>
>>2288131
Everything outside of an observer is an externality, you know. Literally everything is an externality. All concepts created by others, all things that you like, they are externalities. The things that you like, the things that you think and do, and the things that you experience are all that define you, and almost all of them are outside of yourself. The only thing that is within you, the observer, are your own thoughts. All of your experiences, actions, and so forth, they are all outside of you, and they define you as a person.

>>2288148
It's these Tumbler-fags complaining about labels. It's an interesting discussion, though, so I'm not going helping to quell their shitposting.
>>
>>2288194
>huge amount of bullshit
Just one question: Where's the yuri?
>>
Namori x Manishi Mari OTP
>>
>/u/ attempts epistomology
>she doesn't think that an object can be described without having an excess or remainder left behind
>she doesn't think that all identity is antagonistic and the only true identity is non-identity
>>
File: ooshima tomo x ooshima towa.jpg (1MB, 1371x1975px) Image search: [Google]
ooshima tomo x ooshima towa.jpg
1MB, 1371x1975px
>>
>>2288205
it's actually spelled epistemology i fucked up ;_;
>>
>>2288148
>cancerous
No, this is an important question, since the question about the authors's sexual identity has been asked. Does the work become lesser if the author is no strictly lesbian? Is a character less worthy if she is not strictly lesbian?
>>
>>2288211
I don't care as long as the story is well told.
>>
>>2288211
The author might as well be a genderless cosmic horror for all I care.
>>
>>2288213
I'm intrigued at the yuri a genderless cosmic horror would write, now.
>>
>>2288208
>http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sisterly_love_quarrel#13
That plot was far-fetched even for yuri manga.
>>
>>2288211
>Does the work become lesser if the author is no strictly lesbian?
No because there are also males that can write good yuri. But if the author is a lesbian, her works gain points with me, because she knows what she's talking about. For example, the pearl metaphor in Encore!!! by Shuninta is probably the best graphic visualisation of female oral sex I ever read.
>>
>>2288197
It comes back to how we categorize things as yuri, but also to what degree of yuri. Consider the following scenarios, which are yuri, or perhaps more importantly, how yuri is each one?
>a bisexual girl sleeps around with both genders a lot before settling down and marrying a girl
>a bisexual girl sleeps around with both genders a lot before settling down and marrying a guy, and then later cheats on him with other girls
>romance between two concubines attached to a male
>a royal lady has a wife of equal status, and they have several servants of both genders whom they use for sexual purposes
>romance between girl and a female-looking robot with no functional sexual organs
>romance between a girl and a shapeshifter who appears female most of the time
>romance between girl and permanently genderbent MtF
>a sorceress sometimes temporarily magically gives herself a dick when having sex with her wife, but is completely female otherwise
So now we have some controversy regarding what can be labeled 'yuri.'
>>
>>2288295
That anon was not worth the answer.
>>
>>2288295
For me it doesn't really matter whether it's technically yuri or not, just whether A: it's retarded or not, B: the characters are actually appealing enough to make me want to read (perfectly possible for some bi chicks to qualify and a completely gay couple not to) C: it's got a good end for /u/ meaning no guys involved and D: that end is an actual relationship, just not sleeping around.

Based on that, 1 could be yuri but is likely to fall foul of point B.
2 isn't yuri for me and would hit A, B and D it seems like.
3 isn't yuri to me since the guy would stay in the picture.
4 could be yuri depending on framing but would definitely fall prey of A and B for me.
5 is close enough.
6 again, depends on the details. If they looked like a chick and it was a SFW story, I'd probably be fine with it. If it was NSFW and had actual dick and shit then no.
7 is a sliding scale for me - absolutely not yuri if it was an involuntary transformation, even if it ends up permanent. To me it's way worse than a trans character - in both cases they're still half dude, one in mind and one in body, but the mind part is way more important to me. Even if it was willingly I wouldn't have any interest and it'd 100% fall into category A and B.
8 would be A as fuck, and also is just futa.
>>
>>2288340
>A: makes sense to me or not
>B: liked by me or not
>C: liked by /u/ or not
>D: the love is true or not
Only D would be an objective criterion.
>>
File: 1488415592475.png (272KB, 615x642px) Image search: [Google]
1488415592475.png
272KB, 615x642px
>>2288340
Why is yuri worthy of academic papers?
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (100KB, 166x273px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
100KB, 166x273px
>>2288347
More importantly, why is Yuu so cute?
Is it because Nakatani is cute too?
>>
>>2288340
>still half dude, one in mind and one in body, but the mind part is way more important to me
What about absolute tomboys, who refuse to have any girl interests at all? You could make the argument that they're "male in mind, female in body" in such a case.
>and also is just futa
Only partially. It's essentially just a magical strapon. She inherently female.
>>
>>2288344
Good thing I specifically said I wasn't making a list of criteria defining what is or isn't yuri then.

>>2288406
Interests have nothing to do with whether you're a guy or a girl IMO. Now if it's a self-hating tomboy that really wants to be a guy or the like then sure.
>>
>>2288425
>Interests have nothing to do with whether you're a guy or a girl IMO
While we're on the subject of categories, what differentiates a male mind from a female mind?
>>
>>2288443
Essentially decided by androgen level. But I can think of several differences,
Independence vs connectedness
Aggressiveness vs supportiveness
Rational vs emotional
Apathy vs empathy
Reductionism vs holism
>>
>>2288443
In addition to plain physiological differences, simply the act of being raised aware of your gender is a huge difference for me. That also means there's gonna be differences from culture to culture of course, but in all I know of there's significant difference in how you learn the world when you grow up, from simple cultural norms and rules to even ritualistic hierarchies or positions in some cultures.

To me this is the biggest reason why I can't accept gender-bent characters as female/yuri. Even in the case of trans-people, who I have no real interest in reading about either, there's at least the dissonance of how you're raised/viewed versus how you feel. But in the case of gender bending, typically the guy turned girl has had no indication of doing anything but embracing their self as male, not just in body and self but also in the learned interactions with the outside world, informing their world-views, expectations, even opinions and interests.
>>
File: Interview p1.jpg (132KB, 720x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Interview p1.jpg
132KB, 720x1022px
>>
File: Interview p2.jpg (92KB, 720x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Interview p2.jpg
92KB, 720x1020px
>>2288471
>>
>>2288471
Glad to see a mangaka getting around 7 hours of sleep.
>>
>>2288481
>1am - 6am
>>
>>2288471
>Stretch
>>
File: 1480753693486.png (12KB, 166x213px) Image search: [Google]
1480753693486.png
12KB, 166x213px
>>2288471
>>Stretch
>>
>>2288458
>androgen level
Technically a biological/physiological distinction, but I didn't make that clear from what I originally intended.
>Independence vs connectedness
I suppose here, there is are different tendencies for male and female loner-type characters. Males tend to be loners by choice, whereas females loners are the result of being ostracized (in general). I suppose Homura would be a noteworthy exception.
>Aggressiveness vs supportiveness
Depends. Supportiveness is a staple of shonen themes, and while physical aggression is considered more masculine, social warfare between cliques is very much in the domain of femininity, which is contrary to supportiveness.
>Rational vs emotional
'Women are the wiser sex' is perhaps an antiquated, but is legitimate as any other standard of femininity. And boisterousness is a decidedly masculine trait; men are "supposed" to be emotional, but only display those that do not present weakness.
>Apathy vs empathy
See above, although I concede that apathy is more strongly associated with males.
>Reductionism vs holism
I feel like this could go either way. I'm not too certain, though.
If I've misinterpreted what you meant, do correct me.

>>2288463
What about being raised as the opposite gender?
>>
>>2288471
>felt in love
No wonder Citrus is shit.
>>
>>2288632
>Technically a biological/physiological distinction
Much of the psychological difference stems from this early difference. IIRC androgen level during pregnancy contributes to tomboyish behaviors.
>Homura
In this example she is entirely motivated by her relationship with another person. They are not doing it for themselves, they live for someone. That is connectedness. All these traits refer to motives and inner drives.
>social warfare between cliques
Always supportive of some doesn't mean supportive of all. Aggressiveness means having power over others. Supportiveness means empowering others.
>>Rational vs emotional
Different modes of intelligence, not implying which is superior. Men not being emotional is indoctrinated to be part of the common psyche, not surprising.
>>Apathy vs empathy
The same difference in mode of intelligence manifested in interpersonal subjects. Women relate to and understand mental state better.
>>Reductionism vs holism
The same difference in mode of intelligence manifested in epistemological methodologies. Or: analytic divide and conquer vs viewing everything as a connected whole.
>>
>>2288472
>likes Himeko
>still hasn't given her a love interest of her own
Soon?
>>
>>2288705
Nene or the new weirdo.
>>
>>2278763
From the same book (百合文化の現在) Shuninta also had an interesting interview:
>Personally it is yuri to me if it's about two girls.
>But [about the definition of yuri works] I agree with Akiko Morishima's this point: "Les is intrinsic. Yuri is an observed state of being together. Regardless of the intrinsics, it becomes a definite state of yuri once observed by the external world."

Also, there is this trouble with male characters
>I think there is a male character dilemma within yuri works. It's not okay to discriminate and ostracize male characters, but it's also bothersome if they make too much appearance. If they always appear as annoying antagonists it insinuates a stereotype that male characters are always a bunch of pain in the ass, but if more depiction is given to their attractiveness quite some readers would be displeased.
>[...]
>Sachi's ex does have his redeeming qualities. But it's really difficult. I have a wish that I can find an suitable position to place male characters in yuri manga. Though it's probably very hard to have the necessary circumstances to do that I still hope some day I will have the chance to create male characters in yuri works that are accepted and recognized by the readers.
>>
>>2289905
I don't think it's that difficult to put male characters in yuri, just don't make them competitors in the yuri romance, or if you do, don't make them one dimensional antagonists. Honestly, Takeda in NTR was fine for much of the run, but I think she's made him more of a dickhead recently because readers were sympathizing with him too much?
>Sachi's ex does have his redeeming qualities
Are we just supposed to imagine them? Because I don't remember them being portrayed at all.
>>
>>2289916
>I think she's made him more of a dickhead recently
If you see him that way it might be an example of the difficulty in having male characters in yuri. I can't think of anything he's done that would make him a dickhead. Just recently he was the one who gave advice that helped Yuma realize she had feelings for Hotaru.
>>
>>2289919
I'm going primarily on hearsay. I haven't read the last few chapters and I don't trust the available translations for most of them anyway. Didn't Kodama herself say something about readers sympathising with him more than she expected though?
>>
>>2289916
>I don't think it's that difficult to put male characters in yuri
It's certainly not that difficult to not displease at least one reader (you). This falls into the latter category.
>>
>>2289916
>I don't think it's that difficult to put male characters in yuri, just don't make them competitors in the yuri romance
Now to potentially solve the dilemma, there is the possibility of sibling/father being a supporting character. However much of the otaku/weeb fanbase will see a brother/father and start hoping for incest for whatever reason. That's more on the societies than male characters but they are a possibly nudge in the right direction.

Hell mophead, from Their Story, is a pretty good example of a supporting male character for Sun Jing.
>>
>still no morinaga's utena tantrum
>>
>>2289937
>otaku/weeb fanbase
The fanbase for yuri manga doesn't do that.
>>
>>2289921
She commented about him being popular back in the afterword for vol 1. Not with any implication it was a problem though.
>>
>>2289941
post it?
>>
File: L'oiseau_Blew_02.jpg (297KB, 750x1093px) Image search: [Google]
L'oiseau_Blew_02.jpg
297KB, 750x1093px
>>2289946
She is truly the yuri author we deserve
>>
>>2289958
Is this the kind of stuff that causes people make fun of us.
>>
>>2289962
Is there a group that doesn't get mocked on the Internet? Besides, it was 20 years ago.
>>
>>2289962
It absolutely is.
Pretty sure she's wizened up since then
>>
>>2289962
>us
Some of us aren't purityfags
>>
>>2289974
You still get stereotyped together regardless.
>>
>>2289958
>"Dark Man"
The queen of Yuri is a racist?!
>>
>>2289980
I take it you have no clue what Utena is.
>>
File: 42076833_p0.png (520KB, 991x689px) Image search: [Google]
42076833_p0.png
520KB, 991x689px
>>2289980
>queen of Yuri
But that's Ritz. Who else could build a yuri mangaka harem?
>>
File: chrome_2017-03-17_08-49-55.png (79KB, 580x549px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-03-17_08-49-55.png
79KB, 580x549px
>>2289970
Recently she's been freaking out on Twitter over how hot one of the new Pretty Cures is, so I think she's still quite the fangirl.
>Chocolat-sama is awesome... she's so awesome...
>She's too awesome.
>The prince is too much... Help me.
>She's too awesome......
>Calm down... First, I have to collect pictures of my prince.
>>
>>2289984
Who are the other two?
>>
>>2289986
but thats gay
>>
>>2289980
>queen of Yuri self inserts
FTFY.
>>
>>2289958
I bet the young and innocent Morinaga who wrote that didn't guess that two decades on, gaijin pirates would keep reposting it and making fun of her.
>>
>>2289967
On the great 4chan board totem poll, /u/ is just below the middle point.
>>
>>2289988
Kiyoshi Saya and Igarashi Aguri, the authors of Saki Biyori and Achiga-hen, respectively.
>>
>>2289992
I think that's actually quite good. Even if most of us are autistic, we aren't the most cancerous board.
>>
>>2290005
Didn't Ritz also get a yuri author for the toki spin-off? she has no shame.
>>
>>2290011
Yep. Mekimeki is the author of Toki.
>>
>>2290015
W-What? Is it worth picking up if I haven't read any Saki?
>>
>>2290033
Maybe. I'm not really sure. It's a prequel, but it's definitely enhanced if you already love the characters.

You should totally just go and watch all of Saki, though. It's a lot of fun.
>>
>>2290033
That spin-off's totally unnecessary but it's cute so give it a try. The franchise is mainly about mahjong but the yuri is strong in this one, and you even get a confirmation in some cases, There's like a pair in every team. Shinohayu needs to gay up though.
>>
>>2290007
That's always been /b/.
Always has been, always will be.
>>
>>2290011
>she has no shame.
Just like her characters (who go commando most of the time while wearing mini skirts).
>>
File: droolingmahjong.png (72KB, 305x231px) Image search: [Google]
droolingmahjong.png
72KB, 305x231px
>>2290501
Do you think Ritz doesn't wear panties either?
>>
This is cute!
>http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/mangaka_x_editor
>>
File: momo.jpg (321KB, 661x935px) Image search: [Google]
momo.jpg
321KB, 661x935px
>>2288227
>just realized high school girl had 5 more volume that were never translated
>>
>http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_sister_found_out_that_i_draw_yuri_manga

Hilarious.
>>
>>2303963
Apparently it is fictional though. A shame.
>>
On one hand I like when manga does take a realistic turn and reflects how people feel in reality beyond just "but we're both girls! It's forbidden!". And it does help to have personal experience there. And it does help keep it away from fetishists versions, both sexually where the story is just about how hot 2 girls making out is, and complete purity nonsense.
On the other hand, there's still plenty of male authors who've written pretty good stories.

Honestly I just like fluff that still has a base in reality and it seems like it works best when the author is gay.
>>
>>2300512
Weird, I remembered reading vol 9 in English years ago and thought it was the end. How come it has 13 vol now?
>>
>>2290532
That would be incredibly unhygienic.
>>
>>2312811
For /u/.
>>
File: cirque-arachne.jpg (169KB, 531x699px) Image search: [Google]
cirque-arachne.jpg
169KB, 531x699px
I hope someday I'll read some more yuri from Saida Nica. She is one of my favourite yuri writer/artist. I still read Cirque Arachne every now and then.
>>
>>2319393
>Cirque Arachne
I forgot about this. I think I may re-read this again sometime as well.
>>
File: 504999_1280552034455_full.jpg (33KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
504999_1280552034455_full.jpg
33KB, 850x480px
>>2289984
Not talking about our based queen Peach Pulsar
>>
>>2319434
The queen of yuri should at least be able to draw decent breasts.
>>
>>2319393
>Cirque Arachne

That NEEDED to be a long-running series, not a one-shot

The circus setting something so rarely done beside Kaleido Star and we need that
>>
>>2282093
Suteki na
>>
>>2319454
Agreed
>>
>>2283367
She draws nothing but Saki. Is she autistic?
>>
>>2323064
don't bully ritz
>>
>>2323064
Why should she draw anything else when she can continuously create more and more girls in Saki? It's not a series where there's only a handful of characters. You might as well ask why ZUN doesn't make anything other than Touhou.
>>
>>2319393
Cirque Arachne is my favorite single volume to this day and I'm still upset that I can't buy it in English.
>>
File: 20090401.jpg (84KB, 629x639px) Image search: [Google]
20090401.jpg
84KB, 629x639px
Posting a few images from Amano Shuninta's blog.
>http://love-sexy(.)pandora(.)nu/ls/top.html
>>
File: 20091207.jpg (89KB, 604x600px) Image search: [Google]
20091207.jpg
89KB, 604x600px
>>2328728
>>
File: 20100413.jpg (49KB, 356x512px) Image search: [Google]
20100413.jpg
49KB, 356x512px
>>2328732
>>
File: 20100812.jpg (39KB, 553x600px) Image search: [Google]
20100812.jpg
39KB, 553x600px
>>2328734
>>
>>2328728
These are nice. Should archive them on Dynasty or somewhere in case her site ever goes down.
>>
File: 00355.jpg (376KB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
00355.jpg
376KB, 1114x1600px
Merryhachi announced she got married recently. It was nice seeing other yuri mangaka tweeting her congratulations, such as Namori wishing her lasting happiness with her husband.
>>
>>2333386
Do we send death threats now?
>>
>>2333386
Husband (female), right?
>>
>>2333386
Unless the husband is a woman, I fail to see why I should give a fuck
>>
>>2283815
To be fair she has 2 self-insertions/clones in Saki
I want to think that the closest to that is Toki
>>
>>2333567
You're probably right about Toki. Ritz loves the things she loves.
>>
>>2278772
Because one's writing cIearIy surpasses the other one.
>>
>>2289980
She's not my queen, trash writer and mediocre artist.
>>
>>2333534
Ice cold.
>>
>>2282813
Is it usually okay to ask for signatures at Comiket/Comitia/other events? I've seen signatures be offered as part of rewards and stuff (like for Galette), so I wasn't expecting them to be given so easily.
>>
>>2334565
Well, we are on /u/ after all.
>>
File: 58820264_p0.jpg (673KB, 620x874px) Image search: [Google]
58820264_p0.jpg
673KB, 620x874px
I really like this artist's style. Her works on pixiv are all about OL/adult life yuri. I can't read Japanese, so I don't know if she belongs to any yuri circle or if her work is just a hobby. From what I understand, she seems to be on her own and doesn't have contacts with other yuri mangakas/doujinkas. Too bad she's so little known.

>https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=16872619

>https://twitter.com/ruri_h_2348
>>
>>2289958
I dunno if this was a 100% honest meltdown and not at least a little tongue in cheek
>>
>>2341631
I'm 90% sure that it was 100% honest.
She has come a long way since then. I reckon she wouldn't have the same kind of reaction to these things now.
>>
File: 1450666991540.gif (782KB, 303x346px) Image search: [Google]
1450666991540.gif
782KB, 303x346px
>>2289974
if you're not a purityfag then get out Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>2344288
nice ironic reaction image
>>
>>2336202
yeah, sure. Artists are usually happy being asked for signatures and sometimes even draw a little picture too.
>>
>>2289958
>the one you shoved up Touga's butt
Gets me every time. Oh Morinaga is cute with that little rant.
>>
>>2287710
Doesn't matter, they all look the same.
>>
>>2345430
but some are clearly cuter than others
>>
>>2288017
so small
>>
>>2323115
>touhou
>not at least as autistic as MLP
>>
>>2345498
If they all wore the same clothes and had the same haircut I wouldn't be able to tell.
>>
>>2345872
you have face blindness? that sucks, neechan.
>>
I feel like I have a special connection with those normally-het authors that regularly draw yuri too. Like I'd high-five them if I saw them walking on the street, but actual yuri authors deserve a bow.
>>
>>2341630
>https://ruri-h-2348.booth.pm/items/536648?utm_source=pixiv&utm_medium=popboard&utm_campaign=popboard

If someone is interested in it.
>>
>>2345872
Ace, I didn't know you liked yuri
>>
File: saturday_introduction_p33.png (505KB, 678x713px) Image search: [Google]
saturday_introduction_p33.png
505KB, 678x713px
>>2352617
>2352617

Just bought it. She just introduces her characters in this book, I guess the series will come later. She sold LNs before so I think it's a manga adaption this time.
>>
>>2278761
>>2278762
It's a man, right?
>>
>>2352674
Disgusting, right?
>>
>>2333386
>Merryhachi announced she got married recently
>other yuri mangaka tweeting her congratulations
Is this ultimate kekoldry?
>>
>>2288471
>When I was at Highschool, I felt in love with a girl myself.

how do you call this, /u/?
>>
>>2352775
adolescence
>>
File: A Yuri Mangakas dream.jpg (305KB, 866x1202px) Image search: [Google]
A Yuri Mangakas dream.jpg
305KB, 866x1202px
>>2289984
>>
>>2352791
I wonder where Mekimeki fits in now.
>>
>>2352778
Did you feel the same "adolescence"?
>>
>>2352775
some kind of Japanese version of "lesbian until graduation"?
>>
>>2352687
Yeb.

>>2352778
>>2352805
>>2352833
Wait, saboruta is straight?
>>
>>2352835
They were memeposting. aka shitposting
>>
>>2352849
But she has done more het than yuri, am I not wrong?
>>
>>2352849
>>2352881
also, the way she talked about this love for a girl she felt sounded like a past thing.
>>
>>2352881
>>2352887
So she's basically just a man and we can ignore her, right?
>>
>>2354401
You can ignore her for not knowing how to write anything longer than a few chapters.
>>
>>2354401
You can kill yourself for being retarded. >>2357700 offers an actual reason to ignore them.
>>
>>2278761
yuri authors' what?
>>
>>2357707
Sabo is shit, I don't really give a shit if people shit talk her. Hell, I feel happiness out of it.
>>
File: himakodoesntgetit.png (86KB, 247x704px) Image search: [Google]
himakodoesntgetit.png
86KB, 247x704px
>>2358820
>Hell, I feel happiness out of it.
weirdo
>>
File: 1349009854761.jpg (194KB, 685x471px) Image search: [Google]
1349009854761.jpg
194KB, 685x471px
>>2358821
>>
>>2282647
>>2282813
Curious about what these mangakas look like irl too, especially Takemiya Jin. I get the sense that they’re very private though. I don’t think they’d allow photos.
>>
>>2278761
can't wait until he makes more manga
>>
>>2278799
editor is doing gods work
>>
>>2282527
I figure her scenario is like >>2282145
>>
>>2360613
Lesbian in denial?
>>
>>2282527
What about Nakatani Nio?
>>
>>2360632
She was like the only woman in pants in that one picture of her, so...
>>
File: 08_900x600.jpg (90KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
08_900x600.jpg
90KB, 900x600px
>>2360904
A fucking absolute goddess, I tell you.
>>
>>2361103
(Although more women wore pants)
>>
>>2361103
>caring about actual 3DPD
Pretending female mangaka are lesbians is cute until we start stalking them.
>>
>>2361119
>stalking
Anon, that pic is from here http://ascii.jp/elem/000/000/952/952492/

and it has been reposted over and over in yagakimi thread
>>
>>2333386
Why would they congratulate her on doing something so unspeakably treacherous? How can I be expected to buy into a yuri romance if the author is a dumb straight who doesn't even buy into it herself?
>>
File: 1466135177752.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466135177752.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>2361121
Posting their pics a little much. Going looking for them is even more so.

>>2361129
>there is someone on /u/ who probably unironically believes this
>>
>>2361133
Me. I do. It sickens me to my stomach to see yuri authors congratulated on marrying men. What sort of unjust world is this?
>>
>>2361119
Who said I stalked her, you autistic dipshit?
>>2361133
Oh it's the same faggot who complained on the exact same way as last time. It's yuri related, it's the damn authors. Go complain Frozenshit threads exist instead.
>>
I would totally flirt with Nakatani though. Do you think she is into gaijin yuri?
>>
>>2361133
>Posting their pics a little much.
Anon, posting author's pic that is publicly available is not weird at all.
It's like posting pictures of Stan Lee in con panel
>>
>>2361135
Real World

>>2361177
Be careful anon, you sounded like a lez
>dubs
It might happen
>>
>>2361177
If it's gaijin it isn't yuri. I think she's probably not into western lesbian stuff, though.
>>
>>2361135
Thinking that only lesbians can write yuri is stupid. But I think it's a little unfair that she can talk openly about her het marriage, but any lesbian mangaka will feel like they need to hide their relationship.

Anyway, Tachibanakan is shit and it doesn't even feel like a yuri manga, but a het harem instead. So she probably doesn't even care about yuri.
>>
>>2361241
Nippon is a conservative nation, anon. They're hiding their forbidden love. Besides, how many lesbian mangaka out there? I only know one.

>Tachibanakan is shit and it doesn't even feel like a yuri manga, but a het harem instead.
That's the idea, an echhishit but yuri. I agree that it is a waste of pretty drawing

also
>Protagonist is a woman
>not yuri
nice meme
>>
>>2361283
>Besides, how many lesbian mangaka out there

That's the point. We don't know because they feel like they have to hide it.
To be fair, most japanese artists don't talk about their love life (a good thing), so most of them just say out of nowhere that they are marrying. So we wouldn't know about lesbians mangakas anyway because they can't marry.
Still feels unfair.

Also, you can do ecchi yuri that doesn't feel like het harem. Tachibanakan's protagonist looks like a high school boy that the mangaka just stick some pair of boobs into.

There's even a scene when she sees a girl in the bath and the girl reacts the same way she would do with a boy. That scene makes no sense in yuri.
>>
File: 1446764139954.png (383KB, 940x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446764139954.png
383KB, 940x720px
>>2361142
>it's yuri related, it's the damn authors
Comments about her attractiveness or how you'd like to flirt with her are not connected to the yuri genre. You're basically shipping a yuri mangaka with yourself.

But I guess out of all the YagaKimi shitposters, I'm the real crazy one.
>>
>>2361322
It's about a yuri author, period. I personally didn't comment on her appearance, although I have backed up the other anon who commented on her gay pants. You're not helping anyone, especially the board and this thread, by acting like a pseudo-mod. You're just being an annoying piece of shit.

I'm not shipping shit either, which you failed to realize in the other thread months ago and fail to do so now. You are crazy obnoxioua, yeah. Go nitpick elsewhere.
>>
>>2361394
obnoxious*
>>
>>2361322
>But I guess out of all the YagaKimi shitposters, I'm the real crazy one.
You are if you feel anything but disdain for Sayaka.
>>
>>2361103
>A fucking absolute goddess
Looks like Bruce Lee unironically.
>>
File: nakatani.jpg (14KB, 192x236px) Image search: [Google]
nakatani.jpg
14KB, 192x236px
>>2361659
She really does.
>>
File: dengeki_002_cs1w1_720x.jpg (282KB, 720x476px) Image search: [Google]
dengeki_002_cs1w1_720x.jpg
282KB, 720x476px
>>2361659
Cute!
>>
>>2361659
I want to see Nakatani in a skin-tight jumpsuit now.
>>
>>2361661
Her facial features are cute, she'd probably look a lot better with a nicer cut.
>>
>>2361784
>>2361790
>>2361804
Dykes get out from my board REEEEEEEE
just kidding
>>
File: 1460053484296.png (88KB, 319x357px) Image search: [Google]
1460053484296.png
88KB, 319x357px
>>2361394
>I'm not shipping shit either
You're just waifufagging?
>>
File: Cb_C2CiUcAAfikV.jpg large.jpg (107KB, 770x660px) Image search: [Google]
Cb_C2CiUcAAfikV.jpg large.jpg
107KB, 770x660px
>>2361890
Make me faggot.
>>2362044
Nope, I wouldn't marry my Goddess. Fag.
>>
>>2362075
I will never do that anon
pls be my friend
>>
>>2362612
That's hella gay dude.
>>
>>2362612

I know
Being friends is good enough for me
>>
I thought I had deleted it soon enough, fuck you nerds. I had read "marry you" instead of "be your friend".
>>2362634
Yes.
>>2362638
Yes.
>>
File: syaro.png (140KB, 512x369px) Image search: [Google]
syaro.png
140KB, 512x369px
This baka imouto just waltzes in here and asks my dear oneesama to be friends and it works? Why won't oneesama notice me instead?!
>>
File: smug hana(2).png (35KB, 200x136px) Image search: [Google]
smug hana(2).png
35KB, 200x136px
>>2362644
Nice!

>>2362658
Probably because you're a Yaya
>>
>>2362658
Its the difference between alpha and beta.
>>
>>2336202
Super late to the party here, but different artists will have different policies. Some will do a drawing for you, some will sign stuff, some have a no-sign policy. If they do have a no-sign policy, it's usually included with the information about what they are selling at a particular event (if they don't specify, then fair game). Realistically you can probably get away with whatever as a foreigner though.
>>
File: 1497729040050.jpg (47KB, 505x365px) Image search: [Google]
1497729040050.jpg
47KB, 505x365px
>>2362075
Any plans for iPS in the future?
>>
File: 22900998_p0.jpg (435KB, 650x585px) Image search: [Google]
22900998_p0.jpg
435KB, 650x585px
>>2363342
I've talked about science babies with her. Given her actual Medicine studying degree, it was an interesting view on the subject.
>tfw can't get gf to like yuri
It's complicated. It'll be a little less complicated if we adopt a qt halfie one day (any kid is ok though).
>>
File: ztir.jpg (20KB, 208x350px) Image search: [Google]
ztir.jpg
20KB, 208x350px
>>2363391
Bravo, sister, bravo. Keep spreading the gospel.
>>
>>2363391
Wait a sec. You talked about science babies with Nakatani Nio? Give us some details!
>>
>>2363405
ど、どうもありがと
>>2363435
No, I wish though, she's probably more experienced than I am! Or not, she probably is a NEET given her Twitter.
>>
>saburouta is straight
>tamamusi has a husband
>marryhachi got married
Why bother drawing yuri??? Damn, I don't understand women.
>>
>>2363768
>tamamusi has a husband
Huh? I thought she's single
>>
>>2363768
>>2363772
I mean Tima.
>>
>>2363768
Full on retarded, nice to see some anons don't know what shame or deduction is.
>>
>>2363775
You scared me! You made me think my idol was straight.
>>
>>2363768
Fiction=/=Fantasy

Just be glad you are getting yuri content
>>
>>2363775
you know, Tima did draw the daughter hiding mother daughter incest one shot. C-could it have been all part of her kinky plan?
>>
File: 1497804037880.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497804037880.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
Stop fighting!
>>
>>2363780
>Fiction=/=Fantasy
It's a matter of principle. If an artist has no faith in the ideal they portray in their art, then their art is dead.
>>
>>2363793
So the Hannibal's creator has to be a canibbal?
Anyway, please, by the writing level you can see who actually likes yuri and who is writing just to make money.
>>
>>2363783
Of coursh! It's part of her plan to crash japan's population
>>
>>2363796
He has fear of cannibalism, not trying to glorify it.
>>
>>2363793
Ikuhara is not a lesbian and yet made some of the most revolutionary yuri works of all time, really tingles the jingles huh
>>
>>2363808
She has an overwhelming amount of help with that it seems.
>>
>>2363768
Next you'll be saying that war stories should only be written by combat vets.
>>
>>2363811
Okay I laughed
>>
>>2363813
No, I'm saying that warmongers shouldn't write anti-war literature.
>>
>>2363768
I don't mind if they're straight as long as I like their work, but I would prefer a yuri writer who is a lesbian/likes women because they know better what they're writing.
Either way, I agree with the anon above, the main issue for me is not their sexuality, but if they actually like yuri and write it because they enjoy it, and not just to earn money
>>
>>2363816
Appropriating lesbian culture is no laughing matter.
>>
>>2363818
>yuri
>money

Yeah our dying magazines and our YURI anime constantly flopping sure seem like a good place to look for money
>>
>>2363818
There are no mangaka and no manga editors who think yuri is a route for improving the odds of making money
>>
>>2363820
>>2363821
They're probably getting more money than a lot of mangaka that makes any shit their editor ask with hope of getting a serie. Sure they won't be rich like the big names in the industry, but most mangaka doesn't even dream with that. It's silly to think money isn't part of their motivations.

Thinking about that, any artist that never had a serie before and is asked to do a yuri manga for YH will probably end up doing it.
>>
>>2363810
>Ikuhara is not a lesbian
Dude, whatchu been smoking. She looks like a total dyke.

>dyed hair
>adrogynous clothes
>not a dyke
>>
>>2363823
No, what's silly is thinking that if someone got a success with a yuri series then they thought when they started that doing yuri would give them a better chance of success than doing non-yuri.
>>
>>2363831
That's not their choice, though. You say that as if it's really easy to get a manga published on Japan. Most artists either never manage to get one, or pretty much falls in obscurity after their one succesful serie ends. Yuri might just be the easy way for those artists, since they made a name in it.

Do you really think anyone will care about Saburouta outside yuri fandom, for example? Kuzushiro is a example of somone who got non-yuri jobs and pretty much sticked with it, not writing yuri again.

I mean, sure, some artists do like yuri. I believe most do. But it's silly to think some of them aren't just doing what they got.
>>
>>2363833
This is more a case of people wanting to have some way of believing that some people like merryhachi doing yuri are just mercenary. Not because they have any evidence, but just because that's what they'd prefer to be the case.
>>
>>2363833
People's taste change over time, I really doubt the person who made the Sei Shonagon manga doesn't like yuri
>>
>>2363835
I'm not trying to say only true lesbians should write yuri, or that making it for money is wrong. Just saying some people just do it. I can't know who, although I believe I do know the ones who clearly likes the genre.

Well, I do know at least two example of artists that never cared about yuri, but ended up doing it anyway. The Prism guy being one of them. The other one being the Nanashi no Asterism mangaka.
>>
>>2363838
Well, in Kuzushiro's case I don't really have any sympathy for her after Renai Kowai. One thing is doing het, I'm okay with that. But going full bait'n switch. Yeah...fuck her.
>>
It is okay, sisters, I am a raging lesbian and I have attempted to draw what seemed to be a poor sample of lesbian anime and touhou porn. I will save the industry, trust me.
>>
>>2363927
Ever posted them to the draw thread?
>>
>>2363966
No, I am too embarrassed of them and their low quality and they're literally just sketches. Don't have any show-off social media either, but I guess I can post 1 or 2 there for fun.
>>
>>2363818
What about something like OP's pic >>2278761 where it's "I want to draw/write a relationship between cute girls. If people want that to be yuri, eh, sure, why not?"

Though I definitely feel like there is some cynicism with stuff like cute girl anime sometimes dropping a bit of subtext here and there with no intent to follow up for no reason other than the fact that starved yuri fans will watch anything they can goggle.
>>
>>2363971
>What about something like OP's pic
I think he's a faggot desu. No, not op, but the artist.

>relationship between cute girls
Utterly banal and meaningless.
>>
>>2363976
>>relationship between cute girls
>Utterly banal and meaningless.

Never thought I hear this on /u/, a board entirely dedicated to relationships between cute girls.
>>
>>2363971
>Though I definitely feel like there is some cynicism with stuff like cute girl anime sometimes dropping a bit of subtext here and there with no intent to follow up for no reason other than the fact that starved yuri fans will watch anything they can goggle.

Always funny when someone says something taking only their own culture as basis with no knowledge about how the japanese yuri fanbase works.
>>
>>2363985
I said it feels that way sometimes, not that it is that way.

But please enlighten me.
>>
>>2363977
I was talking about non yuri moeshit It's meaningless when there's no pupose to be accomplished.
>>
>>2363991
Yuri isn't that different from others otaku genre. And as such, a lot of it has to do with doujin works or shipping. It's not that those manga are baiting yuri fans. Yuri fans want it to be like that. Of course, there's a ton of different views, but someone who cares only about romance usually won't bother with those titles anyway. There's a lot of yuri fans who doesn't even buy yuri manga, choosing to buy only doujin of subtext series. Some actually like to think about their own stories featuring those characters. And some just don't like romance at all.
There's a reason why YrYr is the most popular YH work. We're talking about a magazine full of stories with canon pairings. But it's the title with shipping tease that people actually buy.

So I don't know why you would say those series exist for baiting starving yuri fans when those series are exactly what these fans want.
>>
>>2363992
"Two cute girls in a relationship" = Unoriginal and meaningless moeshit.
"Also, they're gay" = No longer those and has a purpose?

This seems like an incredibly arbitrary distinction, especially since one could argue the majority of girls in anime are cute and they can't all be gay, or might be gay but also know more than one other girl. You can write non-romantic relationships that have a "purpose", whatever you define that as. A good chunk of well loved yuri should also qualify as moeshit to anyone willing to use the term.

>>2363997

I'm talking about a different kind of thing. Not stuff like Yuri Yuri, Anne Happy, or New Game! where the gay is obviously a big part of the appeal or is important to certain characters. More like, say, all the gay moments between the captain in High School Fleet between her and multiple different girls that don't go anywhere and never will. If all of those moments happened with a single girl you would have a full blown just-a-bit-more-than-subtext relationship with a natural progression but nah they tease a new girl every few weeks. It can come across as calculated and heartless once you realize what they're doing.
>>
>>2363817
Then there should be nothing wrong with straight people writing gay characters if they're not homophobic.
>>
>>2364006
That's still shipping tease so people can choose their preferred pairings. I don't like it either, but there's a purpose. HaiFuri also just isn't a good show, to begin with. It's like how Ange Vierge killed its potential by turning it in haremshit.
Talking about Ange Vierge, this is the kind of yuri I really hate. Not the anime, but there's usually these games with a male mc that the girls all are in love with, but they'll still tease shipping between the girls to try to get another niche group as well. Original Im@s is guilty of that.
>>
>>2364018
>Not the anime, but there's usually these games with a male mc that the girls all are in love with, but they'll still tease shipping between the girls to try to get another niche group as well.

I actually wanted to bring that kind of thing up as a better example of what I was talking about but then I realized I stopped watching the kind of shows that would do that forever ago and couldn't remember any of their names.
>>
>>2364018
>>2364023
Why do male MC's need to have any romantic relationship anyway? There are better stuff he could focus on.
>>
>>2360611
Why? Yuri can only be done right by lesbians, otherwise it doesn't count.
>>
>>2364076
Trust me, I took this fallacy out of my ass after all.
>>
>>2364047
Men should be off fighting the demons, leaving the womenfolk free to feed grapes to each other.
>>
>>2364078
Oh? Then why does this thread validate that claim by simply existing? Male/straight|bi female authors have no place writing or drawing yuri because they have an inherent lack of vested interest in the ideal to begin with. Transwomen might be an exception, but it remains to be seen, and that's probably a topic best saved for later. Anyway, why else is it so important that we know who our authors are, right down to their sexuality? No one here wants to find out that their favorite author is a gross man or some hetslut, because we lean on the hope that they are kindred souls whom we can relate to and depend on to keep delivering good content, not simply pandering to otaku to make a quick buck and then leave for greener pastures. The rest of the rabble should just stay in their lane and leave our genre alone.
>>
>>2364081
Every time Doomguy rips an imp apart, a pair of lilies blossom.
>>
>>2364109

Why are you even assuming that every fiction including anything lesbian has to be written for lesbians? Also not every lesbian will think the exact same way or wants the exact same things either.

Every genre has its facets. Yuri isn't an exception there. If you want yuri written from lesbians for lesbians in a realistic way or whatever, that's fine. But that doesn't make any other yuri automatically "done wrong". For example, why do you even think males write or read yuri?
>>
>>2364109
>Us

Pretty sure you're one of the few people to think that, so there's no "us" there.
>>
File: wow.png.png (39KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png.png
39KB, 184x184px
>>2364109
Anyone, regardless of sex or gender, can write any story about anything or anyone they want - with or without research. Sure, actual lesbians would have a higher chance or writing something ideal given their possible experience on the subject, but they're not the only exception when it comes to writing "good" yuri, although all of this being very subjective.
>Ikuhara
>Ikeda Takashi
>Fujieda Miyabi
>Komata Mikami
>Higashiyama Show
Only a retard who's scared of males would say they can't write good stuff. And this thread was about the authors themselves the entire damn time, cunt nugget. Go take your autistic hatred over people who have no control over their preferences to Tumblr, you sound like a hysterical virgin.
>our
I sure as hell don't and won't be piled up along with the likes of you, fucktard. I enjoy good writing regardless of who writes it.
>>
>>2364131
of writing*
I'll just study and not bother with autism anymore, fucking hell. And before you ask, I'm not a male nor interest in them in the slightest.
>>
>>2364018
>tease shipping between the girls
What was that last harem anime that did this? Outside of the obligatory bath scenes where they might grope each other's breasts (which isn't really romantic), most heroine/heroine interaction ranges from hate to tolerating each other to rarely friends. Most heroines don't return the token lesbian character's affections either.

Being close enough to maybe be down for a threesome isn't the same as shipping to two girls together.
>>
>>2364133
I don't watch harem. I think most of your examples are valid, though. I saw some screens of Eromanga Sensei that's pretty much the female lead perving out to other girl. Actually, OreImo did that, even implying Kirino's friend was in love with her.
I wasn't really talking about anime in particular, though. Games do that way more nowadays. Here's a example: >>2355362
>>
>>2364131
>tumblr
it's too late for that, anon. this board has been rotten for years now
>>
File: disgusting.png (127KB, 632x606px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
127KB, 632x606px
tumblr please go and stay go
>>
>>2364131
Not him/her, but male artists are a kind of dull imo. They always come off as formulaic and structured, sometimes it even feels like they were aping other yuri authors or cliches somewhat. I feel more freshness and expressiveness from female artists.
>>
>>2364149
I know, but I will never conform to their shit.
>>2364185
Many are, but saying without a doubt that if a guy writes yuri then it MUST be shit is unfair. Same goes for straight/bi women writing yuri.
>>
>>2364185
>>2364196
I don't think the problem is even the quality of writing. The problem is saying that a male or a straight/bi woman have no right to write yuri.

I still think that anon is just trolling, tho. Otherwise, she must have some serious problems.
>>
>>2364196
>Many are
That's a cute way of saying all of them.
>>
Someone should create some sort of yuri chart test where people have to guess which images are made by men, which are made by straight women, and which are made by lesbians. I'm guessing that most people will fail.
>>
>>2364006
>This seems like an incredibly arbitrary distinction, especially since one could argue the majority of girls in anime are cute and they can't all be gay, or might be gay but also know more than one other girl.
I think anime is trash and the only redeeming factor are the romantic relationships and porn. By taking away one of these aspects, you're left with nothing but trash.
>>
>>2364214
I think there are some characteristics that can be identified.

>men
detailed anatomy that sometimes is exaggerated, thick brush, strong colors, male gaze

>straight women
somewhere in between

>lesbos
less focus on anatomy, softer brush, more emotionally expressive perspective, more details on hair strands and eyes, stylized coloring, somewhat closer to expressionism than casuel anime
>>
>>2364197
>The problem is saying that a male or a straight/bi woman have no right to write yuri
Yeah, and that's what I was refuting, providing some examples of some male artists I don't think are considered complete shit.
>>2364201
Read more.
>>
File: 1473665864185.jpg (103KB, 923x558px) Image search: [Google]
1473665864185.jpg
103KB, 923x558px
>>2364224
>male gaze
>>
>>2364214
Considering Kodama Naoko draw based on images she saw on seinen erotica, yeah. I don't even try to guess an artist gender anymore. I though Itou Hachi was a male because of the moe and loli. Most MTK female author draw nothing but moe.

Not yuri related, but until this month I always thought Hidari was female.
>>
>>2364237
What's your problem?

>>2364247
Not for me, I'm not surprised at all. I've always suspected that Kodama Naoko and Itou Hachi are female. Their drawing and writing style have those feminine traits. You can't possibly believe NTR was written by a dude.
>>
>>2364224
>t. tumblr
>>
>>2288223
Tumblr
>>
File: 1446666684122.jpg (675KB, 1280x1863px) Image search: [Google]
1446666684122.jpg
675KB, 1280x1863px
>>2288295
I'd go with none of those are yuri. Female on Female, no guys allowed.
>>
Australians pls shitpost somewhere else
>>
>>2364224
>lesbos
Not that I agree with you in the first place, but really? You're trying to make generalizations about a sample size in the single digits here. Can be counted on one hand, even.
>>
>>2364300
>You can't possibly believe NTR was written by a dude.

I didn't. I'm just saying that her inspiration was ecchi made for guys. So judging by art only, it would be impossible to say.
And please, /u/ believed Murcielago's author was a female for years.
>>
>>2364831
You are really desperate to push this narrative of yours.
>>
>>2364224
Hmm, besides the focus on anatomy for men, I'm not sure I agree, also not sure if there would really be difference between women.

I'd say that lots of guys are very clearly tellable, but I wouldn't be able to put the signs in words. But really, a lot of drawings you just look and say "guy" (maybe this is made easier if you are a guy?).
Then just in contrast, you can say "possibly woman" when you don't see those sings. And then with more casual styles like Shuninta has where there is less focus on the body shapes and the "interesting parts", there is a higher certainty.

But with that said, there will be always autheors who aren't typical and obvious - either being ambiguous or deceiving. Having this feeling for how men draw won't help you then.

BTW I also though Itou Hachi was a dude. Because of the obsessive and detailed (formalistic?) focus on moe and look, with the relationships/feelings being a bit flat/shallow.
>>
>>2364214
Too easy to cheat, you'd need to use esoteric doujinshi authors or something.
>>
>>2363788
メイレイダ
>>
>>2364109
actually the thread validates the opposite

as post like this >>2363768 lot of them tend to be married to guys
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.