[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/u/ meets /lit/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 7

File: ulit-2017-01.jpg (190KB, 545x600px) Image search: [Google]
ulit-2017-01.jpg
190KB, 545x600px
Discuss, request, and recommend /u/ related /lit/ works!

Previous Thread:>>2204371
Zippyshare links from previous thread:
http://pastebin.com/EKwDB3yE

Recommendations list (to be modified/improved) :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18e71t0H7v6olXdY9Ig0giUjnhSt1zltLcLSpj3SxRaI/edit?pref=2&pli=1

------
>Downloads:

Calibre F/F Library magnet link (hundreds of books with release dates up till 2013):
http://mgnet.me/.FF_lib

------
>How to find books:

Mobilism Search for Lesbian, FF, LGBT, and GLBT keywords:
http://forum.mobilism.org/search.php?keywords=Lesbian+FF+LGBT+GLBT&terms=any&author=&fid%5B%5D=376&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=-1&t=0

Custom Google Search (updated):
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=001639227550064093264:dznewka3cca

Downloading from #bookz on IRC:
http://pastebin.com/pwAudzs6

Bookzz:
http://bookzz.org/

Library Genesis:
http://libgen.io/
>>
I just want some news on the Nightshade and Divine Touched series, maybe something this year...
>>
>>2245059
doesn't look like Duffy has written anything in a few years and it was 4 years between Nightshade and Blackstone, so you might be waiting a while yet
>>
Does anyone here have "The Child Manuela" by Christa Winsloe? I've tried looking it up on my own but it's been several dead ends so far . . .
>>
A bunch of KU short stories/short novels:
Chiauari - Gale: basically a scifi dystopian novel featuring magic. It's short, to the point, and there's little wrong with it, but I can't say I found the short format for this quite satisfying. It's also more subtext than outright romance.

Lamb - Ninia Sebae. This is about a traumatized woman returning to a small cottage in the woods where her mother was killed by her father, before he committed suicide. She then dreams of a sexy woman appearing, before, well, she actually appears ...
... the author overdid it a bit with the "tall, lean, muscular" love interest and the "soft, feminine, plump" protagonist; no need to repeat it all the time, but I liked the idea. Surprising lack of non-skinny protagonist in lesfic, if I think about it.
Anyway, it's a decently erotic, decent little story.

Anderson - Suki. Idiot that I am I forgot I know this author, and surprise surprise, this novel is like his others. He got this really, really, really weird view on what a lesbian is.
Well. I can't say I read it seriously, but surprisingly, despite this thing raising het flags left and right from the very start, it ends in a tentative lesbian end. The heck … also, it’s scifi.

Conrad - Faithful. This is close to a full-length novel, but still a quick read. It's again a scifi setting, and humanity is about to for the first time send a manned space mission to a different solar system: the problem is that they basically won't be back within any reasonable time, and probably won't see anyone they know ever again.
Now we have our freshly in-love couple: one wants to stay, the other wants to leave. Insert conflict. It’s pretty well-done, but the writing a bit too simple and I felt the conflict wasn’t fully explored. Shame, but still OK-ish.
>>
>>2245496
>He got this really, really, really weird view on what a lesbian is.

Elaborate. I'm curious.
>>
>>2245554
It's an impression I got over reading a few of his (supposedly) lesbian stories. I mean, it's not like he actually ever defines it, but his "lesbians" are always weird:
For the android story
the android herself goes on about not liking men/male chauvinism, but falls in love with one of her 'sisters'. That sister is in love with a guy though - so the protagonist decides to join her in that marriage. Later on, she gets destroyed and then repaired by some guy, and although she still only loves her sister, she feels obligated to be in a relationship with that guy and be his "wife".
Could be explained by her being an android and thinking differently, but...

Then there's one about a new type of female (created by an Angel) who doesn't need males anymore; they get -self-pregnant, and therefor their "het love"-capability was removed.
But despite that she goes on and on about how she wants some husband to be her provider for her and her children. She kinda has this 1950s world view. She also has a best female friend who is completely devoted and in love with her, but although she keeps her around and fits the role she wants it never goes anywhere.
Then with Suki
Again, the protagonist doesn't particularly "like" men, but she definitely wants to marry some hunky guy with muscles to have a bunch of babies (if you see a contradiction there, well...). She also has a proclaimed lesbian roommate she had sex with once, and who likes her. But the roomie gets pregnant and starts living with the guy, 'cause of the baby. That makes the protagonist so lonely she starts flirting with some 'mission control' male over radio (still not going for a girl). But as that guy turns out too whimpy she then finally does indeed turn to a woman. The only person available at that point.

They don't quite feel like bi stories where the author just wanted to do something "hip", but his chars are so "whatev" about it. Hard to explain.
>>
>>2245595
More like he self-inserts for a threesome.
>>
>>2245598
Ha. Might be some truth to it, but the guys usually do end up being screwed over (after getting screwed), which is atypical for that sort of thing.

Worst male goes to the super-creepy one in Suki
they are in cryo-sleep, and he spots her while she's still frozen. So he arranges for her to be unfrozen, and transfered to his department, already deciding that she'll be his new girlfriend.
I'm still not sure whether the author made that intentionally feel like some perverted stalker, especially since the other characters happily cooperate with his plans ...

Anyway, before I forget to ask again/run out of characters: I vaguely remember some dystopian novel where I think SF or LA was destroyed, and a woman uses her farm(?) as a shelter for other women. And she wins a labor contract for her ex in a card game (to protect her). Anyone remember what it's called? I think there's currently 2 books out. Shouldn't be too old.
>>
>>2245603
Tempered Steele: Hard Edges by M.E. Logan is book 2 in the series.
>>
Not to sound snide, but are there any /u/ books that are actually written by talented people?

I've picked up quite a few and the only one that I actually managed to get through was the great, The Traitor Baru Cormorant.
>>
>>2245723
Sarah Waters is good.
>>
>>2245728
Give me a rec from her. She has a handful of books.
>>
>>2245729
Fingersmith.
>>
>>2245700
Ah, that's it, right, thanks.

Meanwhile, another short - Adair - Saving the Ice Planet. Pretty decent writing, but feels kinda lukewarm (no pun intended). Goes on about some chief mechanic and her attractive butch superior officer, but well. So what? A bit pointless, and of course super-predictable.
>>
>>2245723
Mmmm, depends. What are your likes? And can you identify any of the traits that have made you drop books?

Some of the more popular authors: Gerri Hill, Robin Alexander, Radclyffe, Lyn Gardner, Julie Ann Peters, Susan X. Meagher.

A common mistake I've seen when someone tries to get into /u/ lit is that they go for romance novels, while not normally liking romance novels.
Sure, works for many, but maybe what you want is something where the relationship is secondary. An extra little treat.
>>
>>2245796
Something with action and maybe rivalry. Both characters have to be able to carry their own weight character-wise.

You know what I mean? Not a book where there is -the- character and then their partner.
>>
Does anyone know what's going on with mobilism? I was going to see if there was anything new/decent but I keep getting redirected to another site.
>>
>>2246109
Seems to of been hacked to me was fine yesterday seeing reports by people on piracy redit saying its down for them also.
>>
>>2245802
Nemesis by Bridget Balentine have both the action and two strong protagonists, but I think you won't like the writing.
>>
A Quiet Death, the third Dark Peak novel is out. I still maintain that mystery is the subgenre one can generally expect best results from, and this series is one of the reasons why.

Sanne and Meg are as adorable as ever, quirky enough to be interesting, but not so much that they couldn't be real people. Features scenes like Meg trying to "romantically" run into Sanne's arms and sliding into the kitchen sink instead ...

Likewise, the "mystery" is solid police procedure; in this one it's about community tensions and human trafficking. Needless to say, there's some fucked up stuff mentioned, but it doesn't get voyeuristic or anything about it. Still disgusting. Fuck humanity.

Admittedly, I would've liked a bit of a twist to the case. It's all fairly straight-forward, despite it not really being a single case. But other than that I'm basically perfectly content with this. Great book, like the first two.
>>
Does anyone have Rebirth by Niall Teasdale?
>>
Does anybody know some good mystery/thrillers where the lesbian romance is secondary?
>>
Thanks again to the kind anon who shared the third Far Seek book in the last thread. It was quite enjoyable, and the best of an excellent series.

If you're looking for a sci-fi with quality writing and efficient but not overbearing world building, I highly recommend the series. It has intrigue, character interactions, and cultures reminiscent of Frank Herbert, but with a slightly more robust universe and history
>>
>>2247004
You're welcome.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I did like it quite a bit myself but I confess it felt unfinished to me. I always hoped there would be another installment (things were starting to get serious), but it's been a while now and the author has published a lot of other works since. She has obviously moved on.

Still very much worth the reading through.
>>
>>2246109
Yeah I had the same issue, keep getting redirected to some ads site.
I went did a factory reset on my router (nothing less would work), then reset my browser (to clean whatever residual stuff and not have it come back and haunt me) and I could happily go on mobilism again. Extreme I know, but it got the job done.
>>
>>2246994
You mean other than the one posted basically directly above you?

Lauren Vellequette by Jennifer L Jordan is also very good, and it's practically romance-free.

Kit O'Malley if you want something well-balanced between a cute, little romance and (gruesome) cases.

Kylie Kendall if you want something funny, with a serious crush as a subplot.

Jane Lawless if you want something oldschool, that has this classic "oh, we're somehow locked in a hotel and someone was killed" format. I mean, it's not always that blatant, but the situations are kinda like that.

>>2247040
That was probably because they fixed their DNS in the meantime ...

But, yeah, annoying, delayed me reading Tempered Steele. Good two books, I think. It's basically about the issue of contracts, which are at least very close to slavery. Doesn't get preachy, though. The protagonist makes some arguments why they are necessary, just should be handled responsibly, her ex argues that the slippery slope is too slippery (and frankly she seems to have all the evidence on her side), and between all that ethical debate they try to somehow survive through hard work and guts!
2nd book widens the focus a bit to other organizations meddling in their affairs, and the tension increases very nicely with a really good, tense scene ... but the end was a bit odd; atypical for the series. dunno what to make of that. I assume there will be a 3rd? No idea.

Another thing is that the protagonist isn't exactly likable. I kinda like that she's unlikable, but I think a few scenes were she's a bit different would have been nice.

And there's a bunch of other small stuff that maybe could have been handled a bit better, including making the contracts a bit less evil so the debate about them is more of a "both sides are right". If they can so easily used for trafficking / forced prostitution it's too simple to dismiss it with "...but that's the bad guys' doing". There's no need for those contracts to be able to do that.
>>
>>2247054
>Kit O'Malley

These are fantastic fun.
>>
Could anyone post an unzipped epub of close to home by Rachel Spangler
Im having trouble unzipping the copy i have
Thanks
>>
>>2247263
I'd really like a 2nd arc of 3 more or so books for that series. But there's a bunch of good or at least decent mystery series which were created by an author who basically wrote 3 or so novels and then nothing ever again.

A bit odd sometimes.
>>
Does anyone have Grounded by A.E Radley?
>>
>>2247310
http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/t62iyHwb/file.html
>>
>>2247430
Hasn't come out yet, so unless it's leaked you won't have any luck.
>>
>>2247452
It's available on ylva's website https://www.ylva-publishing.com/product/grounded-by-a-e-radley/
>>
>>2247455
Was going by Amazon (days Feb 1), guess I was wrong.
>>
>>2247443
Thank you
>>
>>2245802
Lee Winter, Red Files maybe? focuses on the main couple but they're antagonistic at first and it's a mystery so they run around doing mystery stuff. I read it a while ago and remember the writing being better than a lot of other stuff I'd tried. Didn't feel like chewing cardboard which makes me drop a lot of /u/ books.
>>
Anyone have Lisa's kiss - just folger and its sequel?
Also, any really good love triangle novels out there? Just read the first book of camryn eyde's tricky series and loved it
>>
>>2247901
One of the most surprising /u/ novels, Tricky. In the sense that I expected nothing but a super-stereotypical romance but, heck, those characters are fantastic.

Really enjoyed it. More!
>>
>>2245802
Well there was that Xena fanfic that was really good. It was published once upon a time but I'm not sure you can find the paperback anymore.
It's "Conspiracy of swords" by R.S Corliss

https://www.amazon.com/Conspiracy-Swords-R-S-Corliss/dp/0971154902

The fanfic is still up underthe author pen name Shadowriter :http://www.academyofbards.org/fanfic/c/CS1.html

If you'd rather have a digital copy instead of reading it online, take that non retail one someone uploaded once : http://www104.zippyshare.com/v/ALuo1oAB/file.html

I know people sometime cringe about published uber fanfic but you should give it a try. Good stuff IMHO
>>
To whoever (whomever?) suggested In Fury Born last thread, I want to thank you. Big time. I'm not all through it yet, but so far it's been a fuckin' wild ride. Love revenge stories. (Except when rape)

Sage, because not really related to anything. And blog-post-y
>>
>>2247430
posted on mobilism:http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/7Q65qHsr/file.html
>>
>>2247890
That's a good book, until one of the protagonists decided to break-up with the other, just because drama. Really good book, but that soured it for me.
>>
>>2247430

If you loathe unnecessary dialogue tags, Grounded will make you want to punch the editors. I skimmed two different sections of the book quickly and it's insane.

“Is it me, or do they get anxiety if they don’t talk to one another at least every day?” Emily asked as she filled the kettle.
“More like every few hours,” Sophie replied, settling herself on a stool by the breakfast bar. “It’s cute.”
“It is,” Emily agreed.
“Thank you so much for the theatre tickets for last weekend, by the way.”
“How was it?” Emily asked as she set about getting some cups ready.
“Amazing,” Sophie exclaimed. “And of course, Simon told everyone in the bar that he knew the writer.”
Emily chuckled. “And what did they say?”
“They all thought he was crazy and ignored him.”
Emily laughed. “Well, we’re flying over on the twenty-first of next month for the new opening. You should both come.”
“That sounds great. We’d love to. How’re the plans going? Everything organised?”
Emily rolled her eyes. “Well, at this rate there won’t be a wedding because I’ll have killed her first.”
Sophie laughed. “You’re getting married in four days.”
“Still time.” Emily winked
>>
>>2247918
Do they get to live at the end? And are together?

Also what other uber would you recommend? Besides Engravings of Wraith.
>>
>>2248052
there is indeed a happily together ever after
She did start a promising sequel, but left it unfinished (I think she got some crap online and dropped the whole thing)

As for rec, well another published uber I liked was Lucifer Rising by S. Bowers
Also hard to get the retail version nowadays but it's still online at

http://www.xenafan.com/fiction/list/bardlistb.html#sharonbowers

or get the (still non retail) digital copy here
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/TqjjxKCD/file.html

For other uber I'd have to go through my library, but you should go ask on >>2243381
I'm sure the anons there have more.
>>
>>2247922
I didn't catch that one, could you share please?
>>
>>2248084
Sorry, I bought it. It wasn't posted as a link and it's dirt cheap. It's probably on mobilsim though.

With years of goggles, it actually kinda-sorta has some/u/ undertones, but that's really irrelevant in this case.
>>
any good recommended age gap books?
>>
>>2248293
Gun Brooke. All age gap all the time.
>>
>>2247916
definitely! i love the main coupling of darcy and olivia but i can't help feel that taylor still holds a bit of a flame for darcy even though darcy is convinced that taylor is in love with charli. girl is still confused af and it'll make the sequel more interesting and angsty to see it explored.
>>
>>2245700
Have you read the second? I felt like the first wasn't finished and the love interest for one protag was just kinda thrown in last minute to be more "interesting". Put me off reading the second despite the solid writing and interesting premise.
>>
>>2245723
Nicola Griffith
Sophia Kell Hagin

I think Lee Winter also deserves a spot for her two novels - well written with interesting plots and characters.
>>
>>2247004
Frank Herbert esque but not "overbearing world building"? I would argue the world building is what makes a good scifi, but I've always loved space operas.
>>
A third of the way into Painted Moon. When Jackie and Leah are together I have no issue with their characters but alone they're almost insufferable in this quirky, ironic "woe is me" kind of way, especially Jackie. It feels too informal for writing, like there's no weight behind it and the author is going out of her way to be noncommittal. Same with the prose, which improves when the characters are together just like the characters themselves.
>>
does anyone know why it's so hard to find gerri hill books?

looking for:

love waits - gerri hill
behind the pine curtain - gerri hill
>>
>>2248464

Did you even try looking everywhere first?

http://libgen.io/foreignfiction/index.php?s=gerri+hill&f_lang=All&f_columns=0&f_ext=All&f_group=1
>>
I was looking for a mystery novel yesterday, wanting to check whether the sequel was out (features a widowed journalist who is "very friendly" with a local bike shop owner) but for the life of me I don't remember what it was called. Anyway, didn't find it, so I read a bunch of previews/novels of other /u/ mystery:

"Her Own Drum" is about a professor investigating a murder, since she feels her friend is being railroaded. It starts of pretty good , but once everything becomes obvious it ends up mediocre at best, with a very rushed romance on top.

"For by Grace" is some sot of police procedure, jumping around a lot. Tries to be realistic I assume? Weird to read. Religious love interest. Wasn't in the mood for either.

"Timber City Masks", about a deputy sheriff in a small town, and a murder that the sheriff tries to railroad. Is older, and therefor features all the fun political incorrectness. Seemed OK so far. Two good suspects for the case is always welcome. Heck, maybe it was both of them ...

"Deadline" is about a crime reporter; she didn't want to report murders anymore but gets back to it. Not sure it quite caught my interest so far, but nothing wrong with it. Seems solid (ignore the meddling of a journalist in police business, though), but too early to say much Didn't like her friend. No idea about any romance.

"Paid in Full", about a real estate agent. Finds a body in one of her houses and traipses all across the scene. Then the lead officer turns up and they basically eye-fuck each other over the corpse. Urk. Instant attraction is fine and all, but don't turn your characters into creepy perverts! Somebody died, have some decency! Meh. Well, not for me.

So now "A Walk into the Darkness" which seems to be, err, dark. Some "cold case" about a missing young woman gets dug up (no pun intended, ha ha ...), and somehow some "psychic" is involved. Seems to be well written, but don't know anything else so far.
>>
How many fucking paintings of lesbians reading books are there?!
>>
>>2249367
An infinite number.
>>
Anyone have who am i by m.l rice the torrent of it is dead.
>>
>>2249367
They are all cropped to cut out the male who is the actual love interest in the picture. No good lesbian thing exists.
>>
>>2249271
Finished "A Walk Into the Darkness". Very meh. Tagged on romance with a dog-walker, sloppy police procedures. A few other annoying things (so talking to the dead is utterly unbelievable but being a reincarnated couple fated to be with each other is not?! Sometimes I want to slap romance authors ... ).

Anyway, also read "Jenna's Awakening". The most interesting thing about this one was that
I had on the disc for quite a while and for some inexplicable reason thought it was about a transgender protagonist. The fact that she had a secret she didn't want to talk with her love interest about actually made me think I remembered correctly ...
... well, needless to say I was wrong. What a twist!
It's a bit of coming-to-terms with her sexuality and waiting for her career path to be clear before going on with the romance, but there's very little else going on. Basically, the entire book is spend waiting to see whether she gets the permanent job or not. And the writing was very basic, too.
Didn't have anything that particularly annoyed me but just wasn't any good.
>>
How much angst do you like in your fiction?
>>
Finished Alien Queen and the Winter Pennington series. Gotta say, the sex scenes are great, but the story, esp Alien Queen is just kinda weird imo.

Reading through "Here's the Thing" now. I'm about a third through and it's getting a bit tedious. Feels SO slow.

Been meaning to keep an eye out for more light hearted stories. Any recommendations?
>>
>>2249462
>Sometimes I want to slap romance authors ...

Isn't such a thing more the fault of an editor? If there is one involved, in the first place, obviously.
>>
>>2249564
Very little, unless it's well done. Haven't seen many instances where it doesn't just annoy me.
>>
>>2249666
Good point. Very good point indeed.

Thing is, ever since I started reading all those self-published Kindle Unlimited books, I started to develop an entirely new respect for editors. They actually do make some novels good.

Totally forgot about all the reasons I hate them; like "the public really wants a het romance here", for example.

So, anyway, I decided to blame the author for writing that one in the first place.

>>2249564
Well-done angst is good. But it should be there for a reason. And the protagonist shouldn't be a wimp, so it needs to be about something that justifies angst.
Authors that have the protagonist shake in their boots for forever, then the love interest comes along and suddenly everything is fine and dandy ... well, that sort of tropeish thing I can do without. Usually (although that always) that means the angst shouldn't be directly about the romance, but about something else.

>>2249587
"Weird"?! What do you mean, weird?! It's a solid futa-alien-shifter-rebellion-conspiracy-CIA-war-pregnancy-porn-thing, perfectly down-to-earth. Except when it's in space, ha ha ha...
>>
File: 28111855.jpg (49KB, 316x475px) Image search: [Google]
28111855.jpg
49KB, 316x475px
"Demorn will go anywhere, kill anyone, to resurrect her dead girlfriend's soul!"

So has anyone read the Asanti series? Third book was released a few days ago and I was wondering if it's worth getting into. It seems pretty wild.
>>
>>2249386
Fuck. I should have known.
>>
Question, what's going on with Night Bound by Winter Pennington?

I got it on preorder since 2013. Should I cancel? They did say something about being published Oct this year....
>>
>>2249693
>solid futa-alien-shifter-rebellion-conspiracy-CIA-war-pregnancy-porn-thing

Let's not forget the fact that her pregnancy requires her to have sex everyday. Or that 66% of her sexual partners are part insects. Or the random almost-rape scene
>>
>>2249714
I posted a couple of these threads and there's actually quite a few paintings that feature women just reading without men in them, but presumably they're supposed to be friends/sisters. Google "2 women reading painting" and you get a surprising number o relevant results.
>>
>>2249700
I gave it a try, but despite liking odd things this one was kinda ... too much? Couldn't get into it. Just starts of without any explanation at all ...

>>2249758
I like the author's honesty. When they include "you'll need to have sex once a day" into a setting you know they aren't trying to fool anyone.

Talking about weird and erotica; just read Ancient Ruins by Benjamin Medrano. I have a split opinion about this novel: one for the narrative following the protagonist, and one for the glimpse we get at the bad guys (good guys: largely female. Bad guys: largely male).

As for the protagonist, she's a demon(?) who gets sealed into a gemstone, and, over millennia, she loses her memories. Until one day the stone cracks and "she" escapes. She would've died, but fuses with a willow seed, and becomes a sentient tree. She grows, and turns into something like a dryad. Then, she gets mixed up with the business of a bunch of elves ...
I found that part pretty OK. It's got distinctive litRPG elements (she creates a dungeon, and there's adventurers), but it's a smaller element, the cast is pretty OK, and the writing seemed solid to me; solidly proof-read despite being self-published too. Plot lacks a bit of tension, but it didn't bother me too much.

The baddies, though...they are a nation of slavers, enslaving people magically. It's all very sexualized. It's _not_, despite what I said above, erotica, as such - there's no actual sex scenes. All the rape and abuse etc is "only" implied. But one of the subplots is eg. some guy collecting seven hot elf priestesses and turning them into his magic sex slaves ...
It's all rather juvenile-male-fantasy, and the effects of that rape and abuse are quite "fantasy level". Characters might be depressed a bit, but generally they get over it quickly.

So: mixed bag. To be fair, the author openly admits that he likes writing about this fantasy-sexy-stuff, which is of course his right. Could've been done better though.
>>
>>2250344
Just read this. F/F really needs more of this kind of juvenile fantasy stuff desu, it's a niche that is not filled. Sistina, her romance with an elf princess, her powers, her designing the dungeon, the adventurers getting more and more worried, that's the shit I need more of. Not Jared the Nice Slaver and his harem and not the priestess/goddess slave shit that came out of a bad hentai, that was awful. I'm a bit pessimistic though because of that prince guy who was introduced for no reason but to be the perfect love interest and that Jared is still alive.
>>
>>2250952
Agreed. Jared surviving is the typical "let's kill all the nameless soldiers who weren't any more evil than following orders and let the actual bad guy survive 'cause he has a name". Worse, "Jared" is clearly a main character name.
If that makes sense.

Even more idiotic is that the possibility of a lesbian dryad harem is basically sold as "poetic justice" against him. That might have been a point if he had been a raging homophobic through the novel and his goal in life was eradicating sapphic love, but he is just an ignorant idiotic (nevermind that it makes no sense that he didn't consider three+somes 'cause he had no idea what a lesbian is, or something. Seriously ... ).

Admittedly, the novel is over before we know what the plan for him is. Hypothetically he still could be killed, although I doubt that. Maybe he gets enslaved, which might actually be considered poetic justice (he has lots of mana...). Considering what she told the elves shortly before it's frankly the only thing I can imagine that'd make at least some sense.

I'm not worried about the prince though. Wasn't he just there to "free" Phynis? So she can go live in a cave?
In other news, read the newest Cain Casey. Same as always. I mostly skipped the dialogues with Emma (they've been talking about the exact same thing for 5 books now! Yesyes, she's forgiven! We _know_! And Emma is still basically the house-wifely baby factory. Heck, she already hinted at wanting another one ...). But I still kinda like the criminal activities. Unsatisfying on some level, the entire series, but it's not like there's a similar alternative (American Yakuza? Haha...).

For balance, I read "Angel Food and Devil Dogs", a very classic FF PI mystery. Cute romance, and hot massage scene, I have to say. Mystery was good, too, although the resolution as so often not quite so much. Writing a bit shaky; some good parts, but the occasional paragraph that was pretty weak. Kinda odd, but maybe it was just me.
>>
So, are any of you sisters here writing your own yuri fiction?
>>
>>2250996
Oh, by prince guy I meant an elf named Reva who appears in like one page. He is completely honest, the best fighter, doesn't care about the Phinys' station, is handsome, young and Phinys reacts positively including that blushing "I do not like him!" thing. I have no idea why that character and scene is in except to set him up for for future novels and due to the special circumstances of the F/F romance it would be pretty easy to backtrack on it and bring him in. But as I said, that's just mu innate pessimism.
>>
>>2251161
Ah, that guy. Yes, good point. Personally due to "too good to be true" I moved him into the "secretly a complete creep and probably collaborating with the slavers" camp.

But that's in turn probably just my paranoia at work. If I were suspicious about anyone, it's the adventurers. The party already contains at least one character modeled after the author's real-life friends. Who knows whom else he inserted there?

Characters that are introduced during that "mystery" (who was the traitor?) all seem a bit underdeveloped. Like the Duchess. She's also super-suspicious, but it seems everyone dismisses everyone else as soon as that one guy screws up. Doesn't seem as if anyone entertained the idea of multiple traitors seriously. Might be the author just presenting a few different leads and nothing else going on at all, who knows.

Otherwise today's read was January Juggling the Jentons, some simple mystery. The case isn't bad, but oddly sexualized (I wouldn't be so suspicious if it hadn't been written by a guy...). More importantly though, the writing is pretty bad. For example, when she goes interviewing some suspect, it's kinda in a "and then I asked her about this and she told me that" style, instead of actual dialogues. In fact, after the beginning, there's barely any dialogues at all.
I also didn't find the protagonist very likable. She doesn't appreciate her girlfriend much (despite her cooking naked apron style!), she has no problem lying to her clients, or tricking them out of a bit of money, and apparently she doesn't think too much about the law either.
Could have been worse, but it wasn't very good.
>>
speaking of fantasy...i was looking for Back to Salem by Alex Marcoux but i wasnt able to find it...does somebody have it by chance?
>>
File: tumblr_ojaf5i06Ml1um7x0ko1_1280.png (1MB, 1121x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojaf5i06Ml1um7x0ko1_1280.png
1MB, 1121x1280px
Previously straight/heterosexual woman steadily falls for a lesbian? No gender benders where the lesbian is disguised as a male. Something where the woman truly believes herself to be heterosexual with no previous indicators that she might not be.

I can't recall the title but I remember there was a road trip between a straight woman and a lesbian mechanic and they end up together. I do remember the mechanic screaming something like "you're full of demons!" when the other woman puked. I also read some of Reality Lesbian by Q. Kelly. Disliked that - possibly due to the execution.

Any recommended titles is much appreciated.
>>
I've been reading alot of /u/ recently and I feel I've developed intolerance to desnecessary drama.
5 chapters into a book and there's already a misunderstanding? Droped.
Why autors HAVE to put some drama for the sake of drama in almost every book?
>>
>>2251751
So there's a story? What's the point of "x meets y, ten pages later they're married with 5 children"?

Now, of course, since you're mentioning misunderstandings ... the question should be why authors insist on retarded drama that makes little sense and is so predictable you might as well skip over the inevitable hitch in their relationship (like for example when an ex-gf turns up to mess with them. Turns out exactly the same way in 95% of all cases).
>>
>>2251771
That's what I'm talking about. I don't mind drama but when it's forced and unecessary I just can't take it anymore. I used to endure it but I feel I reached my limit.
>>
>>2251811
First things first: All drama is forced. There's simply drama you like or the one you don't. Niche genres tend to have a limited set of popular clichés that lots of authors use because they feel they will give them a wider audience.

When people have been reading long enough, those same clichés that seemed fresh before have become stale and they get tired of them. The only way to escape from that it's widening your horizons beyond your safe-zones but that comes with a cost not everyone is willing to pay.
>>
>>2251663
>I do remember the mechanic screaming something like "you're full of demons!" when the other woman puked
Ha. that's Just Jorie by Robin Alexander. Almost puked too because I was laughing so hard.
>>
>>2251811
Define 'drama'? All stories require conflict of some kind.
>>
Adept, Soras and Masquerade by Erik Schubach are technically post apoc fantasy books about knights and wizards. The embodiment of wish fulfillment, they would probably be guilty pleasures if I ever felt guilty about stuff I read. They are about a farm girl with secret magic powers who falls for a beautiful and famous knight and becomes a knight as well. Almost everything goes right, almost every character she meets is a kind person, she gets in the good graces of all the powerful people of the land she even becomes a princess. Only other notable thing is that battles at the end of every book are fucking metal, seriously the MC fucks shit up and gets fucked up in return, burnt, whipped, mutilated, scarred can't wait to see how future books go there. Easy enjoyable reads if you can get past the "I did. I said" and some typos and weird grammar.
>>
Read At All Costs by Micheala(sic) Lynn. One protagonist is in a wheel chair, the other a doctor (doesn't have anything to do with her rehab or anything if someone is thinking of that trope). It's then basically about the Doc can convince her that she's "good enough" for a relationship, and whether "Wheels" can accept that not everyone who wants into her life tries to "smother" her.
It wasn't bad, they're an interesting couple, but I found it lacking in depth. The issue is basically one-dimensional, and the way everything ends uninspired. That, and characters love spouting random phrases of wisdom that may sound good but usually don't make much sense.

Also the Other Mother by Holly Sharp. Fantasy comedy. Super serious cover and starts out very serious, but then turns into a quite funny comedy. Love the inane banter that goes on _all_ the time.
"Falco?"
"Yeah?"
"Are you staring at my tits?"
"NO!"
I do an extra button up to hide my cleavage.

"Any theories as to what that black pillar of smoke is up there?"
"I'm guessing it's a black pillar of smoke."

"You're really not gonna ask about the screaming?"
"What was with the guy and screaming?"
"I wish I knew."
"Very illuminating."

Brilliant. The romance subplot is pretty small, and the plot not all that awesome, but it was a good find. Still surprised it turned out to be comedy ...

>>2252271
Laney is great. Everything else ... so-so.
>>
Does anyone have Jill (Three J'amigos Book 3) by Rose Montague
>>
I was wondering if anyone grabbed Starless Nights by Rae d. Magdon on mobilism before it was deleted, I really would like to read it.
>>
>>2252452
>bants
Did they use the rare gem that is
"How do you feel?"
"With my fingers."
>>
Is Kyrstal Blue a lesbian novel? I keep getting mixed info on the reviews and friend. I read a sample bit of it and she seems to only have hots for guys
>>
>>2252646
Well if you have to wonder then it's probably not.
>>
>>2252644
No. I suppose there's a related one to the visual sense:
"Why is it so dark?"
"Because there’s no light."

But it's full of that sort of stuff.
"I wanted to see if you’d changed your mind."
"I’ve changed my underwear. Does that count?"

>>2252646
Isn't that one of those novels featuring an oh-so-capable protagonist, who then is useless through the entirety of the plot and has to be rescued by circumstances all the time? I think I started it some time ago, but pretty much skipped over everything, so couldn't even be sure with my answer ... but I'd say it's /u/. The author's idea was I think that the couple is so unsuited for each other they somehow are supposed to be perfect together.
Needless to say I'm no fan.

Talking about not being a fan, I also tried "Hard to Get" by C Dane. Absolutely hated that entitled, rich, whiny ... something of a love interest. Urk. Also has nothing to do with anyone being "Hard to Get". In fact, everyone seems pretty darn easy. Didn't like it at all.

"Two kinds of Elizabeth" was definitely better. Basically, the protagonist hooks up with Liz, but there's also Beth who clearly is attracted to her. It actually had some interesting aspects ... but then not all that many. Not sure what to think about the resolution and all that either. Didn't have anything that annoyed me too much, but also didn't have much in the "wow" department. Something to read and forget, I guess.
>>
>>2251663
Something in the Wine by Jae matches that. It was alright.
>>
>>2251663
>>2252820
Also Damage Control by Jae as well.
>>
Some fantasy:

Selina Rosen - Sword Masters. Some of her novels are in the FFLibrary, but oddly enough they aren't /u/. This one however is.
It features the "woman disguised as man to join an army" plot, one I've always liked, and Tarsius is a fun character to follow. Coming from an "equal rights" society she's constantly at odds with her allies, who nonetheless appreciate her once she starts winning their war, until ...
It's a pretty nice novel. OK setting, good plot. Lots of action. Fairly long, but never dull. Writing is a bit so-so at times, and there's some really odd spelling mistakes (marshal arts!).
Admittedly Tarsius' goal is kinda ... basically she's fighting religious fundamentalists. She wants to wipe them out completely, destroy their temples, burn their idols, kill their priests - no surrender or mercy at all. It's not her methods I question, it's just that sort of thing just isn't possible. But, well, it's fiction.

Then Crimson Fire by Mirren Hogan. That was a surprise. Vaguely Arabian setting with a young girl sold into slavery, just as she discovers she can do magic. Loved that decadent first part where she lives in the balance as "bed slave", doing drugs with her lady, watching gladiatorial plays, eating exotic foods - really well developed atmosphere. Hit just the right tone with her slavery. She isn't instantly super-devoted to owner, but at the same time she doesn't have the expectations of a first-world-citizen; she knows that life as a slave in the palace will be better than anything she could have hoped for. It's all very rational.
Tragedy strikes though, and the setting changes to a school. Also interesting, although maybe a little less.
Later on, tragedy strikes once more, and the novel moves toward the finale...

It's pretty good throughout. OK, I felt that the tragic scenes weren't quite as well-written as they could have been. Should have made me feel sadder.

Also, a warning: there's a rape scene, mostly unconnected to her slavery.
>>
>>2252452
Can you share The Other Mother? It seems funny and we can always use some funny.

>>2252646
It is. Kind of. Girl end up with girl even if at first they can't stand each other. There is a boy whom she sort of dates but he turns out irrelevant.
Well...all in all I found the book pretty meh. Like the anon above said it really wasn't a good read...
>>
>>2253660
I'll just keep pretending that it's good promotion for those authors.
Although I'm not quite sure I want to promote an author who otherwise writes sissification erotica. Not that I mind that as such, but, you know, they rarely end up with girls, for some reason ...
http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/gOg4kfib/file.html

Talking about comedy, I'd also recommend Georgette Kaplan's Scissors link. Sort of.
The comedy is pretty neat, loads of geeky references (heck, the protagonist compares everything to some movie or game or whatever), and the romance is a bit like in Kit O'Malley: instant attraction alright, but it's so completely over the top that it's actually fun. She immediately goes on how meeting the "most beautiful woman in the world" makes her 200% gay instead of just 100%, and is altogether a less likely event than Die Hard sequels (how often can you run into terrorists?).
The plot isn't anything to write home about, and there's some weird scenes (like that first dream-sequence of the love interest. Didn't get it at all...). It also features a bit of light SM, and gets a bit odd about it at times. Although I found the idea of doing a for once not-all-that-serious SM-subplot approach kinda nice. Just that sort of casual "whatever works" kinda thing that they have going.

I do think it could have been much better though. End was a bit dissatisfying. Some scenes could have been reworked. The plot has a nice twist but an element or two extra would have been nice.
No complaints about the comedy though. A bit crude at times, maybe?
“Screw Aubrey Plaza,” Wendy told her area. “You look fine. You’re great. It’s a great pussy…okay, it’s a little weird. It has eccentric good looks. It has character. What does she want, an Amazon.com pussy? I’m an Etsy pussy. My pussy is homemade, it’s hand-crafted, it’s assembled with love!”
>>
Is Queen Anne by Anne Somerset any good?
Is there any links to the book?
>>
>>2253728
>http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/gOg4kfib/file.html
Thanks for sharing!

About Scissors Link, I also thought that it was a fun read but someting was missing. It's the kind of book that makes you smile but that you forget once it's done. Plus you don't really know what kind of book it wants to be. Erotica? Romance? Comedy? A bit of all, but none that good.
I mean it was ok but not great. Which admiteddly is already a big step for a lot of lesbian fiction...
>>
>>2248298
She definitely has a lot of May/December romance novels. One of the Supreme Constellations books has probably the largest age gap I've ever seen, outside of like...HP fics centered on Hermione and McGonagall.

>2248293
Another one with a large age gap would be Touchwood and it's sequel Watermark, by Karin Kallmaker. They get a bit angsty, but they were good.

Arbor Vitae by Susan X Meager was another good one. I'm kind of a sucker for stories about lesbian landscapers/contractors, for whatever reason.
>>
>>2254185
Yeah, it's a bit direction-less and definitely didn't live up to its potential, which is a bit frustrating. I don't think it would've taken much to really turn it into something not quite so quickly forgotten.

>>2254660
Talking about age gaps, just read Jaden's Heart by Jackson. Vamp is some 980 years old, and her love interest is 17. That's pretty enormous, too, although I suppose it only counts "half" since the vamp of course is eternally 19 or something. Still, not exactly an equal relationship: old, powerful, super-rich vampire and young, homeless, traumatized kid.

Gets all eternal, perfect love pretty quickly, though, until heading for a more questionable solution once other vamps get involved. Altogether an OK read, if a bit shallow, and the conclusion is kinda unsatisfying (book 1 of a planned series). On a side note, the author is dyslexic and it's still error-free, I think. Something that should give other authors cause to pause ...

Oh, and also Rise of the Queen. I wanted to read something by Prudence MacLeod; she's written a whole bunch of scifi/fantasy/uf /u/ novels but I haven't any of them anywhere. So I randomly picked that one. Features a young elf, escaped slave (and future Queen) and a really, really old elf, so age gap there, too.
Their romance is frankly kinda nauseating though. Can't even talk to each other normally. Otherwise it was OK, which left me a bit undecided about whether I want to try another of her series. By they're all ...
... her UF switches protagonists between novels which I don't like. The scifi one seems to follow a male for the 2nd book. The other UF one is about this super-old sort-of vampiress, but for some reason some male character ends up ruling the vamps, which probably would annoy me. And so on.
Can't believe she wrote that many books and they all have something annoying, darn.
>>
So I was just reading Stepsister by Rachel Kiss,a bit annoyed by the writing style, but still kinda amused be the protagonist who kept insisting on sticking with her (obviously) gay "boyfriend" while constantly "crushing" on her stepsister who was crazy for her ...
... when there was this scene that made me want to set the author on fire:
basically, so the protagonist finally admits what she wants, her stepsister sends her creepy message, scaring the crap out of her, then handcuffs and blindfolds her ... and then obviously makes out with her a bit
How romantic. Traumatize somebody for life. Good job.

But it was only at about 46% of the Kindle file, so, plenty of time to address the issues ... except that the book was over at 48%. I really hate those unlimited-policy exploiter authors. Pissed me off even worse than that idiotic scene.

As for the novel itself - actually kinda OK, but way too short to resolve anything. No depth, no real development. Just a token HEA as if the author couldn't be bothered with it any longer. Meh.
>>
Anyone have any YA reccomendcations about angst and coming out? Looking for more modern time period stuff.
>>
>>2255190
Bonus points if it's set in high school.
>>
>>2254660
>HP fics centered on Hermione and McGonagall

I will surely stop being surprised one day.
>>
>>2255201
Her Name in the Sky by Kelly Quindlen
>>
File: 515Aprbj9LL.jpg (51KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
515Aprbj9LL.jpg
51KB, 334x500px
The third Dragonoak book can already be pre-ordered on amazon
>>
>>2255787
That is one very green cover.
>>
>>2255787
I realllly hope this one is good. I like OP protags. Second book did some interesting things with her powers. But it almost got too tumblr at times.
>>
After watching the Handmaiden I decided I needed to check out "Fingersmith": the book it loosely was based off of and loved it as well. I'm quite surprised it isn't on the /u/ recommended list. It's a Victorian era heist drama with a few great twists and turns. I was slightly disappointed by the last act in comparison but that was mostly because the first acts were so strong.

Having enjoyed that so much I decided I needed to check out some more /u/ related reading material.

Just read "Lies We Tell Ourselves"
It's set during the 1950's when schools in the southern US were beginning desegregation. Two viewpoints: one African American girl supporting desegregation and one Caucasian American girl in opposition.
The racism angle is quite rough but I found myself pretty absorbed by this one. Honestly in the culture clash as much as the romance. There's a bit of Christian angst and both girls try to have relationships with boys but not enough of either to bother me. I do kind of wish there was more time devoted to exploring the relationship once it forms but at the same time I like stories that are interesting beyond the relationship angle as well. I'd recommend it.

I'm about half way "the Flywheel" though and I wouldn't recommend it as much. Not enjoying the writing or characters. Particularly the main characters best friend, he's too "quirky" for me.
Probably will look for something else rather than finish it.

I appreciate the resources /u/ have put together here.
>>
>>2256022
>I'm quite surprised it isn't on the /u/ recommended list
That's because this thread has been around longer than the movies and discussed the book at length. Surprise, people have different tastes and a consensus most likely couldn't be reached regarding it.
>>
>>2256030
I don't think the list makes any claims on being complete. Doesn't even feature Baru Cormorant and I'd say over the last 3-4 threads no novel was mentioned more often.

Read "Altered Reality" today. Basically, the protagonist is in a stereotypical fiction-marriage where her biggest worry is making dinner that'll make her husband happy, and the brightest thing in her life is her best-friend-neighbor. Then, one day, she crashes her car and wakes up in a hospital ... finding herself married to that best friend instead of the husband, and running a super-successful interior design company instead of just being a housewife. Oh, since her partner is pregnant, she'll also get her dream of being a mother fulfilled. Aaand they're rich.

In the privacy of her mind she wonders whether she ended up in hell, which I can see makes complete and total sense.

Anyway, she overcomes her "but I'm married to a guy" thing, has some hot sex, and that's basically all that is to the plot. I kinda liked it, definitely liked the idea, but it just lacked any sort of plot after that. Disappointing.
>>
>>2256042
>hot sex
Hot pregnant sex?
>>
>>2255763
So good! Any more?
>>
>>2255190
Taking Flight by Siera Maley
>>
>>2256121
Thank you! I'll check this out next.

Anyone read Dare Truth or Promise by Paula Boock? Seems similar. (Amazon recommended me.)
>>
>>2256045
Her waifu is pregnant for the entirety of that part of the plot, so yes. Although the hot was more in reference to how the character felt about the sex than I did. Not that the scenes are bad or anything, but they aren't all that special either.

I don't suppose anyone here has one of Elizabeth Watasin's books? She writes about Victorian steampunk lesbians. Her Dark Victorian is about some executed lesbian brought back as an "artificial ghost" without her memories, but with a talking skull as a partner to solve crimes ...
>>
>>2256188
>reference to how the character felt
Interesting, who's the author or did i miss that somewhere?
>>
>>2256192
One Darcy Campbell. It's on KU. No idea whether it's also available elsewhere.

Wish she did a bit more with the interesting premise, but, well ... it's her first novel. I think she couldn't quite decide how much of it should be plot and how much of it should be erotica.
>>
Hi does anyone have Becky Harmon New Additions? It's published by Bella Books and seems like a decent read. Thanks
>>
>>2256125
It's also good. The writer is from New Zealand so I was not familiar w/ some words (and location mentioned). But it's also full of angst. Try Annie on My Mind too. It's a classic...
>>
>>2256401
Ah! Sweet thank you. I'll order it too. Y'all are the best.

I just wish I had access to books like this when I was a teenager.
>>
Read "Along Came Cyrene" by Merciella Heartstorm (if that's her real name then I suspect she murdered her parents. Just saying). It's a, by /u/ standards, rather long UF novel, with a focus on a, again comparatively, slow romance between two fey. I'm not saying what type of fey they are since guessing that is in my opinion half the fun of the novel. The protagonist is quite the rare one (I didn't get it for a long time - maybe it's just me). They have a bit of a dom/sub thing going on, fueled mostly by the protagonist, but they're darn cute about it. Yes, she likes to be an "in-charge" person but that doesn't mean she always needs to get her way, can't take a joke and whatnot else that sometimes mean in other novels.
The setting is one of those "supernaturals came out to humanity", which works quite well for the plot. Protagonist runs a shop for all sorts of remedies ... but she also sells curses on the side. She considers herself "neutral" and if a costumers wants a rape-potion and pays, well, that's their business. There's certainly "a bit of darkness" going on with her.
The plot itself is a bit weak. Basically they need to recover some pages that lead to a legendary sword. So ... they do that. But there's loads of long scenes that have little to do with that and the antagonists basically have no chance from the start, so I can't say it ever felt all that tense. That's certainly the biggest weakness the novel has.

But altogether definitely worth a look.
>>
>>2256848
Looks like it's a part of a series. Does it end on a cliffhanger or does it wrap up everything by the end?
>>
Anyone have the Dar & Kerry series but properly formatted? Without all the Melissa Good, numbers and Tropical Storm/etc. in-between sentences (pdf conversion basically).
>>
>>2257255
I have a hard time deciding that myself. The author admits it was originally planned to be one book, but got too long and now part 2 is supposed to come out this fall, so perhaps sometime 2019.
Anyway.
As I mentioned, the plot is fairly weak. It's really only about those pages. They want to recover those. They do so. That's all wrapped up.
However, some sub-aspects aren't entirely resolved. Yet none of them scream "cliffhanger!" to me. The protagonist from the beginning is in a very good position, and she's even more so at the end of the book. You basically feel she's already won anyway. There some hints at some other enemies appearing but I'd say that's a usual mechanic of a series, not as such a cliffhanger. However, some smaller subplots are kinda cut-off, so there's that.

Personally, I feel it's OK to read it now. But, for people who are more completionist inclined, I'd perhaps wait, since it's not an author who has released anything previously. Might not be so reliable.

>>2257274
Technically you can read it all on her blog. Also not perfect but better than some of those ebooks maybe (just google merwolf for a glorious homepage created 1773). Reminds me that there soon should be a new chapter about the current story - although it's probably the one I like least so far, along with the cruise one.

In other news, if anyone feels like reading sick shit, I just read the preview of Buried Draughts by S Hawk. It's obviously dark, but - damn curiosity. Starts with the first character, who is horribly abused, whipped, raped, beaten, humiliated ... then the next character appears and they do even worse to her, and much of it in nice graphic detail ...
... then I decided that it was a bit much too me. Both those stories were basically the prologue so just maybe the rest of the book is slightly less disturbing (going by the blurb: probably not), but, urk. And I did read Fortune Teller's Daughter - but, somehow, someone also manages to do one worse.
>>
>>2257290
>Dar & Kerry
I debated whether or not to read it on her website, but I don't know how much it's added in the re-published 2006 versions.
>>
just finished the current 4 books in the plundered chronicles by alex westmore. thought i would branch out to lesbian pirates. series was ok at best, the MC starts off as a woman dressed as a man and falls in love with various women (mainly a noblewoman but also a prostitute, lady in waiting and a pirate to add to the mix too) and yes, they all find out about the MC's gender but dont really care. MC is a hoe desu but it's fun reading it but i reckon stop at book 2 or 3. it gets mad depressing and by book 4 ending you're going to feel shit. so maybe try it out but dont hope for anything!
>>
>>2257274
http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/PpSRvpfi/file.html
>>
>>2257551
Thanks.
>>
>>2255190
Her name in the sky. Lots of angst, this hasn't been recommended in forever. Has /u/ forgotten about it ?
>>
>>2257634
It gets rec'd at least once a thread. No one has forgotten about it. Anytime someone mentions high school or angst or YA, there it is.
>>
>>2255668
I didn't realize I could still surprise anyone on this board. People ship Hermione with anything that moves.
>>
>>2258001
Not like her canon romance is that great, though Hp's femslash are is really strange and Hermione focused.
>>
I got tired of reading "[job name] [character] is not looking for love" and "x and y were highschool sweethearts" type stories so I've been looking into a bit of fantasy. I've read most of the well known ones so can anyone help me with more obscure stuff, regardless of quality? I'll mention some stuff I read in the next post.
>>
>>2258060
There should be a bunch of mentions and posts in the thread regarding fantasy stuff.

Other than those already mentioned, personally I find TJ Mindancer's Future Dreams novel underrated. It's a very, very cute romance in a fantasy setting. With some interesting aspects. Sequels maybe not so much, but still OK.

If you want to give something a try I'm not sure "anyone" has read, there's Kingdom of Blood by Tania Blake. Seems really dark, with some sort of kinda insane princess aiming for the "innocent" protagonist. Seemed kinda interesting as far as the preview went.

There's also Nuri's Quest. Haven't read that either.

I also gave The Chronicles of Mehlis a try but all that did was piss me off. Basically, there's a /u/ relationship later on but she's got to marry some guy 'cause patriarchal society and actually falls for him etc blabla. She stays with the girl so it's not so much that she makes some "political" decisions, it's just the author how the entire relationship is then arranged. And a few other things I didn't like. But it seemed otherwise pretty solid so for people who have different sensibilities ...
>>
>>2258060
Natasja Hellenthal's The Queen's Curse is very traditional. About a queen and a knight going into a foreign land to find a sorceress and break a curse. Along the way they meet fairies, trials, riddles and all that stuff. The chapter quotes are embarassing though.
Black Forests: Kingdoms Fall by Riley Lashea stars Cinderella who escapes her story and starts fucking with other fairy tales starting with rescuing and falling (ha!) for Rapunzel. Kinda gets muddled later and didn't deliver on what I thought was a potential Snow White x Evil Queen romance but it was cool.
The Shewstone by Jane Fletcher. A thief seduces a priestess to steal a magic artifact only to find that she is betrayed by her employers. Now they have to travel abroad together to an evil empire to get it back and get revenge. It has a really ridiculous twist partway through but I honestly liked it.
Jane Fletcher's Celaeno series. Basically medieval low fantasy (is that the right word?) set on a planet inhabited only by women. I actually didn't read the first book because I heard it was bad end but the last 3 form a sort of trilogy and each book was interesting on it's own.
Heaven's Demons by IS Neko was...uh interesting. The demon's are possibly some of the nicest people around and honestly I've got no idea what to say. The protag was thirteen while her love interest was twenty and they had explicit sex scenes, there's a scene where someone gets a huge spiked up her vagina, you know, it's one of those. I kinda enjoyed it.
>>
>>2258067
Also some opinions on stuff talked about here
Lady Knight by LJ Baker. A lady knight in a world that truly hates her is called back to her kingdom to fight for a religious order and she falls for a noble lady. It's actually pretty good but past a point it goes really rushed and then just ends incomplete with no sign of a sequel. I'd actually like a fantasy story starring Aveline though. Imagine, an amoral manipulating priestess who loves to have sex with young priestesses and thinks that her being gay means she's being chosen by the gods.
Changling by Jennifer Lyndon. This book is like five really good fantasy ideas smashed into one book and then glossed over. A girl who was raised as a boy is actually a princess, who then meets and falls for an immortal queen and then together they overthrow the girls uncle and then there's sci-fi elements and an evil sorceress and immortality giving nanomachines and magic babies and on and on. It was interesting at least.
Technomancy Scrolls by Erik Schubach is bubbly clean fantasy except it has a really great protagonist who despite being small and weak, is a fucking monster. In the first book she kills a hundred men at one go, then pulls the iron out of the bad guys blood (she has minor Magneto powers) all while her skin is literally boiling.
>>
>>2258063
Thanks for the recs. Does anyone have anything where the protag is a sorceress, witch-queen/witch-empress, goddess, dark lord or anything like that? Basically highly magical person with authority. Ancient Ruins has the protag be a personified RPG dungeon and I really liked the parts where she was setting obstacles for the adventurers or when she was slaughtering those soldiers.
>>
>>2258073
Betty Cross's World-Queen maybe? She's ... well. World Queen? It's largely OK. Mostly about the protagonist re-conquering her empire. Her "magic" is very one-dimensional, though. Don't expect her to slug around spells, she "just" knows everyone's secrets.

Robbie Collin's Women of the Mystic Realm or something fits pretty well starting with the 2nd book I think; "witch-queen" would be a fairly accurate description. Unfortunately what happened between book 1 and 2 pissed me off to no end (among other issues) so no idea how others would think of that one.

CJ Perry's Godswar Chronicles is some short dark fantasy thing with the protagonist becoming some sort of avatar for goddess if I remember that correctly. Fairly short.

Changeling was mentioned, and that kinda fits, too.

If the "authority" part is more important than the magic one, maybe The Duchess Of Manusk, but I don't remember that one too well. Or Sam Ryan's Dynasty saga. Maybe also Clockwork Immortal by the same author. Protagonist is magical enough to be immortal, and can cast spells, but she's more like a one-person-authority thing than ruling any countries.

Hm. Well, that's about what I can come up with, but none of them is really quite like that Ancient Ruins one. The closest to that are Japanese web novels, like Evil God Average and a bunch of untranslated ones (Crimson Eyed-Principality or whatever and such).
>>
>>2258092
Thanks a lot, I'll make sure to check them all out. Surprisingly I don't think I've even heard of most of these despite me scouring lists online for ages.
>>
>>2258067
Aw, those Fletcher books but no mention of Lyremouth? That series was my favorite of her books
>>
>>2258319
I really liked Lyremouth but I'm mostly talking about stuff I read recently. I read Lyremouth four years ago, it was recommended along with Fingersmith and Annie on my mind.
>>
>>2258092
Sorry to ask but do you have a download for Mistress of Topaz and Mistress of Earth and Sea (I think) by Betty Cross? I have looked everywhere but I can't find it.
>>
>>2258073
breaking legacies - zoe reed. protagonist is a hunter who finds out she has magical powers in the story. the king makes her go and find the missing princess and bring her back to the kingdom, but thats just 10% of the story. really recommend this, it was a great read.
>>
>>2258067
You should read Shadow of the Knife. While it's the "first" chronologically, it was written last and is the best written. Don't expect a happy ending though.
>>
Anyone have Recruited by Robin Roseau
>>
File: sorting_u_books.png (941KB, 9521x1021px) Image search: [Google]
sorting_u_books.png
941KB, 9521x1021px
>>2258332
There you go:
http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/FCxySP2B/file.html

>>2258753
No, but if I'm ever going to murder an author its him. Just saying.

Also a small update to the chart. Because why the heck not ... on that note, amazon really sucks with its categories. Why do they stop at 100 pages? How are you even supposed to find old, unknown stuff? Divine intervention? Tsk.
>>
thanx to all posters. this online converter comes in handy:

http://ebook.online-convert.com
>>
Hello. I saw Conspiracy of Swords above. Does anyone have any other good /u/ fanfiction? Thanks.
>>
>>2247918
Thanks for this, it was great. There's so much on the academy/athenaeum that it can be a little difficult to navigate.
>>
A few short ones:
Alongside Her: Kennedy & Sutton. It's a short story about a couple who is going through a bit of a crisis, including a temporary break-up. Then they get back on track and everything ends just fine. Felt a bit over-dramatic at the beginning, but decent quick read.

The Poison of Life: this is longer, but still a relatively quick read. Protagonist is a young, somewhat entitled woman, whose father suddenly dies. Her step-mother cuts off her trust fund, and she goes working for a couple of rather ... eccentric lesbians.
There was a lot I liked about it, but also some things I didn't like about it. Fun enough, but nothing I'll remember in a few days.

In Sickness, Health and Superpowers: thought this was about werewolves, but it's more traditional superpowers. Very tense for large part, as the protagonist is "kept" by her Family. Ultimately though, things work out OK. Still, there were some aspects that I personally didn't like. A bit too much "roll over" by the protagonist. I'm more the "vengeance at all cost!" type of reader.
>>
The first two books of the Dragonoak series are free on Amazon until 7 this month if anyone is interested.
>>
>>2255838
>But it almost got too tumblr at times.

I see I'm not the only one who thought that. Especially when they're hanging out in the city of only women, nonbinary and transgendered people. I'm still kind of expecting one of the female leads to turn out to be trans before the end of the story.

Also, I wish the princess who's name I forget stayed interesting after her heel turn. Her initial freak out and break down was interesting enough that I would have stayed more invested in having her as an antagonist if she continued to be unstable/unpredictable/kinda crazy. But instead she becomes an articulate, well spoken manipulator type of antagonist and I rapidly lost interest in her. The MC seems the type to do this but I REALLY hope the author avoids the protagonist morality thing of the MC forgiving her despite torturing her for over a week, because that would utterly ruin any enjoyment I had with this series.
>>
>>2260094
I don't think she'll forgive her, but
I don't think the author will "punish" her either. She'll probably "get away with it." Good thing I'm preemptively pissed off at that, so I can't be disappointed when she's not gruesomely dismembered in an act of vengeance.

Talking about morally questionable things, just read Eviction Notice by, err, MCM? Short story, about a lesbian couple who kill people on Mars for a living. It's comedy...ish. dunno. Plot doesn't seem to have much of a point, I guess.

Also read Rachel's Legacy. Protagonist's mother dies, and she learns that she actually has a half-sister (they're in their 40s at this point). Half-sister is some super-rich jet-setting kinda girl, sexually rather free, too. Usually, this type of character would have been some sort of antagonist, so it was interesting to read about the sister-relationship (no incest in case anyone's wondering) which a character like that, but I can't say I liked her much.
Anyway, the excuses of why nobody told either of the sisters about the other was pretty crap, which annoyed me throughout the book the father initially forbid it but he's dead for many years ..., and there's a real lack of plot after the initial meeting.
>>
>>2260096
I'm not expecting that we'll get some act of triumphant vengence or payback over her but so long as she isn't forgiven because 'protagonist morality'/gets some undeserved redemption or clichéd heroic sacrifice that causes the characters to otherwise forgive/accept her violent and sustained torture of the MC. (If what I'm saying is making any sense cause I think I lost the plot somewhere in there.) I think you're right in that she won't get 'punished' for it but I would be fine with her getting locked away and essentially institutionalized for being a crazy stab happy psycho as long as she isn't 'getting away with it'.
>>
>>2259677
I am, thanks.
>>
>>2260272
It's just that
after her mother got away with burning people at the stake I think the author tries for a "realpolitical" approach. Meaning while the protagonist would probably like doing something about it, they have other problems, and therefor people get away with stuff like that.

And while they probably want to get rid off those genocidal maniacs in Thule, I suspect that they strike some sort of deal against Agados (instead?). Which, I suspect, is what will our little psychopath-torturer allow to get away with what she did, now that she's hooked up with someone who got a (useful) army.

Rowan is just not the right type of protagonist for quests for vengeance and personal justice and whatnot. Of course, given that she's actually one of the most overpowered protagonists I can think of, that also the reason why the plot actually works - would be a bit boring if she had everyone drop dead the moment the look at her funnily ...
>>
>>2255763
>>2257634
Just finished this, and wanted to thank /u/ two for the recc.
Link to the copy I read: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?t=1145523
>>
So I read Women of Woden and actually quite liked it. It was a slow but rather derailed story. So then I looked at the sequel synopses and skipped around in the books and this is what I gathered (tell me I'm wrong if I am).
>Sam and Jandra break up and it's Sam's fault
>The main character is The High Queen now, and Sam's importance and role is diminished
>The story is no linger about Wodan bit about some elf stuff
>Jandra is now the High Queen's love interest and gets a fancy elf name and keeps her and Sam's baby while Sam gets a consolation girl and is shipped off to Wodan.
Sorry, had to vent cause I was happy that I found a long series of fantasy books but even though there's no het or anything bullshit like this still makes rage.
>>
>>2260585
Yes, horrible decision by the author. Don't know what they thought the readers would think about that - the main couple "failing" is OK if done right, but that's not what was done here.

I don't remember all the details, but
a) the reason it doesn't work out between them has something to do with those nature spirit things who do some sort of conspiracy thing, yet everyone - including Sam - exclusively blames Sam. Somehow. Makes no sense.
b) obviously the reader is going to sympathize with Sam. She's the protagonist of the first book, it's what you're supposed to do. But the author acknowledges that in no way; PoV just switches to that elf queen, who is this huge Mary Sue, and you're supposed to like her immediately and forget about everything else.
c) it completely sabotages Sam's character. Not once in book 1 did she come across someone who meekly accepts defeat and then uselessly follows somebody else around. Which is exactly what she does for the next 3 books.
d) even some of her friends betray her and the village to join with the queen. Oh, they're all immediately friends so in the author's eyes it probably doesn't count, but it's just one more strike against the sequels
e) following this woman-male-separated-community thing was interesting. A bit like When Woman Were Warriors except with more fantasy elements and a character that's in charge for larger portions of the plot (aka not just at the very end of the series). That weird high fantasy story that happens afterwards wasn't nearly as interesting

All that being said the first book had a few things that weren't all that great either so at least I wasn't "angry" about it; more "annoyed". It just seemed like a stupid decision all around by the author to do. I'm sure it doesn't bother everyone in the same way but I have a hard time imaging someone who's going "wow, such a great twist!" there.
>>
>>2260632
Ah, yeah it was kinda like When Women Were Warriors with the slow slice of life-ish pacing except events had more immediate payoff. WWWW only had small advancements and payoffs until the third book where Tamras really comes into her own. Too bad about the High Queen nonsense.
I also read the World Queen books (thanks for the download link anon who posted it) and apart from some unpleasant elements like Madriboul (sp?) it was exactly what I was looking for. An overpowered lesbian queen swatting down her enemies and them trying to deal with it. I must say though it was a bit funny how the books try to convince you that Kondo Stri is a huge nemesis of Promi but everything she tried got quickly swatted away and then her husband then her die like bitches.
>>
>>2260648
Yeah, that was a bit disappointing actually. You have that interesting, ambitious antagonist with mind control powers and she just fails completely. I expected at least some allies to be talked into betraying Promo at crucial situations and things like that.
Admittedly, there were like 2-3 situations were Promo might have died nonetheless, but ... when you're basically chosen by God and you're his personal empire-conquering Jesus and know everything about your enemies that you want to know there isn't much anyone can do against you. Kinda makes her father a complete moron for losing his empire, though.

I'd really like to see more /u/ books were the protagonist actually runs things. Doesn't matter whether it's an empire or a village or a company or a space colony or whatever; just something. And not just nominally, as some character background, but actually as a major plot point. So Dar&Kerry kinda satisfies that at least for one book, but Jane Lawless for example doesn't (she owns a restaurant but she's always busy solving murders so except for that it's successful you never get to know anything about it). Doing a bit of politicking and administrating and such.
>>
>>2260666
Looking through what I've read I can't see much where the MC is a leader of an organisation and it goes into detail but I skip a lot of contemporary romance novels.

Going back to high school YA, I read Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruits and the MC makes what I think is probably the stupidest move I've ever seen in a YA novel. Basically she's an out and proud lesbian who upon meeting a closeted lesbian pretends to be a closeted lesbian. When the girlfriend wants to come out to her parents, the MC refuses to come out and be there for her even though she is already out and the relationship falls apart. There are some mitigating circumstances past a certain point but the initial lie is so ridiculous.
>>
This talk of fantasy and some supremely powerful person/chick swatting their enemies has reminded me of something I used to loving reading. Are there any sort of books that have an escalation of power centered around the protag and her gf? Or just protag is gaining power and in the middle gains a gf? I don't think escalation can really be described as a genre but it fits for what I'm thinking.
>>
>>2260673
There's a bunch like Madame President where it's kinda and kinda not central, but few were it's really the focus, as far as I'm aware.

Well, not that I mind all those starving PIs and such, but some more variation would be nice.

>>2260675
Mirren Hogan's Crimson Fire maybe. At the beginning, she's a starving kid who just figured out she has access to magic. By the end, she's a powerful mage. Romance ... don't expect the classic main couple thing.

If you don't mind (male-written) bi, Thaumatalogy might also fit.

Most of the others are kinda rushed in their progression, or start out with "capped out" protagonists anyway.
Techromancy and the other Schubach UF/fantasy books ... maybe. But they don't get all that much more powerful after the first book, usually. It's more like a one-time power-up thing with him. Bunch of other bi characters like in Athanate or Skindancer but nothing that really does much with the "power growth thing".

Maybe someone else knows something.
>>
I think I'd link a fantasy book with elves where the MC just goes "fuck those guys, they aren't that great anyway". Not that I hate elves but whenever they appear, the elves, their princesses, their villains and their artifacts just seem to consume everything. So any best selling authors here willing to tackle that?
>>
>reading the fourth book in the shadow campaigns series
>very first chapter someone says the line "cunny is cunny"

Is this an actual phrase or is the author meming?
Also how much yuri is in this book, based on how the last one ended, I'm guessing not much.
>>
>>2260957
Actually more than you'd think Winter and Cyte hook up and Jane is reintroduced as the beast, the villain of the series and a total yandere lesbian. She even attempts to break Winter's legs so she can't escape her love.
>>
>>2260970
Oh but of course the het romance is still the main romantic plot of the book, but Winter has a large role in the book and can only have a larger one in the next one given the circumstances.
>>
>>2260978
>>2260978
I still don't understand why Winter didn't make her female army unit into her own lesbian harem.
>>
>>2260983
Stupid lesbians and their eternal search for suitable "soul mates", comfort in monogamy when it fails every time cause one or the other dies of cancer or cheats or ... You'd think after a few dozen novels they'd have figured out that harems are the way to go. One might die or leave, but the love will live on!
>>
The Dowry Blade - decent lesbian fantasy. Out of the stand-alone books, maybe one of the better ones, at least for part of it.

It's about a nomad, whose tribe has been slaughtered by "city-dwellers" soldiers. She then moves to a marsh village, but hates it there. At some point, mercenaries enter the village, and the protagonist is charged with caring for one of them for the winter.
She choses to leave with her, but, surprise, those mercs were involved in the attacked that killed most of her tribe years ago. Worse, they work for the Queen whose soldiers were responsible for the mess. And who is currently in a civil war of sorts: enter the Dowry Blade, a sword which the protagonist accidentally picks up and is of symbolic importance to the ruler of the realm.

The plot goes back and forth a bit then. The protagonist I felt strikes an interesting compromise: she's not the typical aggressive heroine who goes out and kills everyone who ever wronged her. She's also not the passive heroine who forgives everyone just because she likes them. Instead, she has this passive-aggressive attitude; she's out there for herself, does what's necessary, doesn't let herself be cornered, keeps the people around her guessing...

Unfortunately, the plot loses quite a bit of direction. As a lot of "serious" /u/ fiction, it starts depressing, gets a bit better, but then goes rapidly downhill into an "abandon all hope" spiral.

It's mostly low on magic, but there's a huge cut in the plot at the end where suddenly lots of magic is at play, and entirely new characters appear. The sword isn't forgotten, but that plot never gets resolved. Most of the old characters get no resolution whatsoever. There's a sort of happy end, but it felt largely meaningless.
It's mostly that last part that sabotaged that book for me. Not that the part wasn't good, but it lead nowhere. For a book with that title, I want at least the plot concerning that sword resolved. At least!
>>
>>2261092
Sounds kinda neat, how yuri is it on a scale of 1-10?
>>
>>2261231
Basically every character in the novel is a lesbian, or at least bi. And everyone has a crush on a variety of characters, ex-girlfriends, loose relationships, and who knows what else (there's no discrimination against any of it, and it seems to be a gender equal setting; or actually maybe a tad matriarchal).

So that part is about 11/10.

Romance isn't the central motivation until relatively late though. More like a background thing.
So that's only 5/10 or so.
>>
>>2261236
Ah man I hate that shit where "everyone's gay" might read it anyway.
>>
>>2260675
Breaking Legacies has an MC that gets powerful magic that she slowly learns how to use
>>
>>2261256
I used to hate that but now I'm kinda into it. My general feeling is that if the setting accepts gay people than having more lesbians than the main couple works for me and if being gay is forbidden, looked down upon or completely unheard of then the main couple being the only lesbians is cool.
>>
So whatever happened with that book from a few years ago about a succubus who visits another woman in her dreams. I remember it ending with a pretty bad to be continued ending.
>>
>>2261394
I think that was Lentzski co-author. Erm... Drained: The Lucid.

I was one of the ones that was pissed by the fact the story wasn't finished. It wasn't a cliffhanger; the book just ended 3/4 of the way through the story. I can't find anything about a sequel.
>>
>>2261256
Personally, I thought it didn't matter much in this case because
a) nobody ever mentions it. Couples are just together or not, nobody labels anything, at times, with the fantasy names, you might not even be entirely sure whether it's het or not. So it's not actually obnoxious about it
b) There's also a bunch of male characters. While there are a lot more females overall, some of those pretty central to the plot are male
c) The setting has this sort of casual-relationship thing. It doesn't really go into it but, well, it's fantasy, there's no Christian religion (or any other) telling everyone to get married, so it feels more plausible that people experiment around. And a large group of the cast are mercenaries of course, and them sleeping with everything that possibly can be slept with fits the tropes, so I thought that made some sense, too

>>2261418
I vaguely remember a comment on their blog or something that one wanted to write a sequel, but had no idea whether the other had any interest at all.
That never sounded encouraging to me.
>>
>>2255787
cool, i'm psyched

>>2260094
>I'm still kind of expecting one of the female leads to turn out to be trans before the end of the story.
didn't akela essentially reveal that she was biologically male?

>>2260327
the way she's the most powerful person on the continent but only wants to help people rather than kill reminds me of Aang

regarding katja, i don't really care what happens to her desu. i just want claire to be able to run again
>>
>>2261434
Akela did, yes. I was more thinking along the lines of Claire, Kouris, or Rowan.

I just despise 'protagonist morality' with a passion so as long as that doesn't come in to play with whatever happens to Katja I'll be cool with it, even if my preference is for some kind of punishment.
>>
Read April Daniels' Dreadnought. Features a MtF protagonists, and I'm not sure whether what she has going with another superhero is romance or just friendship, but she's a lesbian, so /u/ enough for me.

In any case it's a fun book. She has the typical problems of someone born in the wrong body, then the iconic superhero Dreadnought dies near her, and she gets his powers - along with a properly female body. Of course, she's ecstatic about this - I mean, she feels bad about the fact that someone had to die, but it's hard to blame that she's nonetheless quite happy about the accidental change of her body. And the fact that she can fly into orbit and nobody can hurt her anymore, on account of basically being almost invincible (physically anyway).

A lot of it is a bit trope-ish, like the father who wants her to be "a real man" and doesn't give up, or troubles at school and such, and other superheroes who aren't quite as "heroic" as they should be, but altogether it was just a too fun read for that to matter too much.

Surprisingly, despite mostly being this sort of "clean" "superheroes don't kill people" atmosphere, the end is fairly dark with a bunch of people dieing. Also, while the main plot is resolved, it also sets up for a 2nd novel, so there's that to keep in mind.

>>2261474
It's worst when protagonists kill all the "minions" without batting an eye but hesitate for "named characters". At least Rowan doesn't discriminate about not using her power.

Although her freaking out and killing an entire army or something would be fun.
>>
>>2261585
>It's worst when protagonists kill all the "minions" without batting an eye but hesitate for "named characters

Holy fuck that is actually the worst, you're right. I'm not sure if it's the right phrase since it's specifically about videogames but ludonarrative dissonance like that drives me up the goddamn wall, so at least that's been consistent so far.

I look forward to the end of the third book where Rowan kills an entire army of people who more or less are just doing their job with a snap of her fingers, then refuses to even give Katja a dirty look.
>>
>>2261585
Her killing an entir army accidentally isn't really an issue though. Remember that she killed Katja out of fear than instantly revived her. I really like her and the books but Rowan is probably the most overpowered MC I've seen in a /u/ book. I even just remembered that she can control dead bodies and dragons.
>>
>>2261677
Actually I don't even think I need to use 'but', her being overpowered is not a negative to me.
>>
>>2261677
I wasn’t really talking about her doing it accidentally. I was more setting the fictional scenario based on what was previously mentioned of characters mowing down mooks left and right but then hesitating killing a named character. Specifically to mock my own hope that Rowan doesn't end up doing that.

Rowan is really is OP as fuck though. When the book synopsis first mentioned that she was a necromancer I was expecting the usual zombies and spooky skeletons. Not near effortless control over life and death and personal near-immortality.
>>
Just reading Fallon's Fade. It's largely like watching a train wreck; specifically a train loaded with a highly-explosive, badly secured load that's about to run into a group of children and kittens and puppies. Or something like that.

My favorite part is probably that the author doesn't seem to know what "beyond reproach" means. She likes using it to describe the worst behavior. Ha ha.
There's also a lot of "datt bitch ass ho better get her ass away from my nigga" kind of thing. And it's one of those books that probably never saw any proofreading.

Genius combination all around.

>>2261677
Yeah, I thought about that. But killing an entire army, then reviving them ... well, that's just even more fun. Then, when they don't do what she wants, she can just kill them all once more ...

And yes, she's ridiculous. dunno if anyone really comes close to her. Montague's Jade was Death, I think? That's pretty OP. Thaumatology protagonist is later on some sort of Queen of Hell, with a mind control device that can control every demon in her realm or something. Keeley Thompson has the ability to enslave anyone she wants to, along with other advantages. But the latter two aren't all that /u/. Oh, the Arianthem protagonists also all tend to be crazy OP.

Frankly it's sort of the one thing I don't buy about the Dragonoak setup; this whole "let's burn necromancers" and people apparently always succeeding at doing so. Maybe I forgot what made it possible but it seems so easy for them to just murder everyone around them, then use them as pawns to free themselves ...
>>
>>2261692
>
Frankly it's sort of the one thing I don't buy about the Dragonoak setup; this whole "let's burn necromancers" and people apparently always succeeding at doing so.

I had always kind of figured from the one time we actually see someone get taken away with the accusation of being a necromancer that it was more like the classic witch hunt, with people throwing around wild accusations and executing innocent people. But in the time around the execution no one ever really questions if he's a real necromancer much and it seems that he was from all we're told. Also, from what we learn from the second book, Rowan seems to be a more advanced or more powerful necromancer than what we might assume to be the average one. (We're never really given a precise definition of what a normal necromancer is capable of versus what Rowan can do so I'm kind of grasping at straws here to come up with reasons for why they couldn't just walk out of an execution.) When Rowan kills that dragon at the end of the first book, she's out of it for weeks iirc. So assuming that the people who were being executed weren't out committing murder sprees and learning how to better use that power, maybe we can assume that their body is too focused on healing itself from the fires to pull off anything more, and that an attempt to escape after killing their guards might leave them too drained to follow through fast enough.

I really am just looking for excuses though, so for all we really have to go on from what's written down, there doesn't seem to be much reason as for why.
>>
>>2261692
Probably just excuses on my side but I think it's a combination between necromancers being extremely rare and that the few that exist being captured or burnt before they can develop the killing power.
>>
>>2261692
>FADE by Fallon
OK, just that synopsis is hilariously terrible.
>>
Stalking the author of Baru, he really is writing a sequel. It's just not scheduled for release. /u/GeneralBattuta on reddit if you want to stalk his q&a on Baru.
>>
>>2261718
It's great. I think the police just arrested the wrong person for the 4th time or so in the book.

And the errors are great, too. "That's not god enough." Yes, clearly it's not enough god.

>>2261711
>>2261710
Probably a combination of those things, yes. I still think it's a bit weird but it's no major issue compared to what happens in some other novels that makes no sense at all.
>>
Does anyone have Jill by Rose Montague the third book
>>
EA Starkey's A Dream of Things That Were. Follows the (immortal) life of an amazon, starting at some point before the Troyan Wars and ending in modern times. I thought it'd be more modern and less ancient, but it's the other way around - not necessarily a bad thing; reading that tale and some intersections with famous Greek heroes like Heracles and Theseus was fun. Oh, and of course all the Greek Gods raping tons of people.
But ultimately I couldn't get over two things:
Those amazons are violently anti-male, to the point of "kill them all". Didn't bother me in ancient times, but when they create a modern state with similar rules, and argue that some patriarchal states are just as bad on women ... well. Didn't really convince me. It was a little extreme on my feminism-o-meter. That alone I could have lived with, but despite being those extremist feminists and the protagonist supposedly being a lesbian, there are actually probably as many male love interests around as female ones. For and foremost of course is Ares, the Greek God, who gets to be a male God of a nation who doesn't even allow males inside its borders. And he tends to come around to fuck his priestesses.
Odd, annoying gap between those two things. Maybe just me, but ultimately not something I was content with. If an author creates some weird feminist utopia, then I expect them to do it in full.
Also, narrative often jumped here or there. I suppose that's a given with a story that covers a time-spawn of, what, 3000 years? But it's hard to connect to something that's feels so direction-less at times.
>>
>>2262342
Man that sounds awful.
>>
>>2262522
Awful is a bit harsh. There was obviously a bit of research put into the mythology, it's well proof-read, and the writing as such is OK. That already makes it better than quite a lot of books.

But it just didn't really feel like a /u/ book in the end. More like an annoying case of wrong expectations because it definitely should have been one.

Talking about expectations, I finished Chronicles of Ratha. That features a "wild" spacer teaming up with a bunch of holier-than-thou spiritual sister women people things.
I expected their constant "don't swear, don't drink, definitely no sex, violence is abhorred" etc would be really annoying, and the fact that they just pick the protagonist as their "chosen one" and essentially force her into their life didn't sit well with me either.
But surprisingly it worked out fine (mostly). The religious nuts get a little less nut, and the protagonist gets a little less crass without changing who she is too much. Everyone gets something worthwhile out of the arrangement.

Bit lacking in plot depth, and I feel that two books aren't yet quite enough. I'd really like to see a third book and how they deal with the mess of personal relationships they created.
Technically the protagonist is paired with one the sisters, and they already have a kid, but they don't have sex. So she does that with someone she regards as best friend/ersatz-sister. And now she herself got pregnant by the healer-sister (they can do that just by touching).
Makes me wonder how all that is supposed to work out. And where their "religion" (it's really not, but it comes across like one) is going, too.
>>
>>2262545
Wouldn't be surprised if it ends with polyamory.
>>
>>2262552
I suppose it depends on how you define that.
I don't think either the healer or the mother of her child will ever have sex with her. According to them, they have evolved beyond that and simply aren't build that way.

Her best friend is already an accepted "concubine" though, so in terms of romantic love it already is a triangle.

Frankly, I'm kinda relieved that it didn't go down any "now that I have true love I never need sex again" route. That would have been very hard to buy for a character like the protagonist.
>>
>>2243984
>Does anyone have Flight SQA016 the fanfic version? I have a version that has not been revised with several typos. Does anyone have the last version that she released before deleting?
>>
>>2260970
I just finished the book and I'm pissed off but I don't know why.
>>
>>2262877
Maybe because of what happens to Bobby or the whole church plot kinda getting cut before it could finish in a satisfying way.
>>
>>2262599

I have an AO3 copy from March, 2016. Almost certain there's an FFN copy lurking around. What're the typos? I'll check mine?
>>
I Remember You by, err, Mairsile Leabhair. Interesting name. Wasn't the greatest thing since the Arabs invented coffee, but kind of fun in that there's a lot going on. Two childhood friends reconnecting, one of them suffering from amnesia, the other running a hospital, terrorists threats, a sick President, trouble with the parents, traumas ... one could probably poke a dozen holes in the plot if so inclined, but for a quick read I felt it was decently done. Bit different from the usual romance.
Couple was pretty cute, too. I was a bit worried the ex-military-butch one would be doing this typical lesbian-ersatz-male thing, especially since calling her lover "kid" (and "cute") comes across as somewhat condescending, but it was surprisingly nothing like that. Despite all those "Southern sensibilities" there wasn't even any stupid door-holding or chair-moving.
On a side note: pink boots, seriously? Sometimes I despair at the fashion sense of fictional characters, and of course I have to take the author's word that it looks fantastic ...

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of Absent in Absinthe? Vampire novel by Kierstin Cherry. Nicely dark with violence and slavery and intrigue and sex/romance. Seems quite interesting from the preview, what with lesbian vampires in general being a bit underwhelming, but not sure it's more than erotica in the end, so I'm a bit hesitant getting it.
>>
>>2262342
I liked the idea of Amazons but the rest put me off.
>>
>>2262885
Bobby, and Janus both had shitty ends. Plus "the beast" just seems impossibly OP.
>>
>>2263211
>>2262885
I kinda figured that's what was gonna happen to Bobby, but Janus being turned into a beast zombie in the last half page of the novel was a dick move on the authors part.
>>
>>2263190
One of the favorite theme for lesbians authors but it's again a theme I can't think of that ever was done particularly well.

Becky J Rhush's Amazon could have been decent, but the end sequence is just outrageously idiotic.
For modern amazons maybe Susanna Valent, but her series kinda stopped when she finally got around to the topic(despite the title), so perhaps not.

In the end it's probably best when sticking with ones that are sort of amazon-like without explicitly going for those particular myths, like with When Women Were Warriors. Or ones where it's only a small subplot, like with Fletcher's Lyremouth Chronicles.
>>
The Dowry Blade is a real weird one. Basically, the first half is a slightly dark, slow and lowkey fantasy story. It features love triangles intersecting with love triangles and tons and tons of characters. The second half is this fucking miserable, depressing and aimless story about grief. I feel like it should have been a longer more fleshed out sequel with one character maybe being introduced earlier but then it would still be fucking depressing and honestly there's like two plot points that happen in the entire second half. I'm not saying it's bad but fucking christ.
>>
Been reading Django Wexlers novels, some anons talked about the Shadow Campaigns series. Is his other series at all /u/ related?
>>
I don't know if I should start Dragonoak or keep reading trashy fics. Lately I've been rereading a lot of old stuff like Graceful Waters.
>>2263056
>pink boots
At least it's not white panties onee-sama.
>>
>>2263473
Yeah, something went wrong with that 2nd part of the book. Despite being published, so no idea what the editor thought there, unless they were like "we don't want a sequel or a very long book, squeeze everything in here".

Unfortunately lackluster ends are kind of common. There's so few books where the finale is really amazing, despite that usually being what stays with the reader.

And talking about mediocre finales; Dragonfire Station is now complete. I remember some speculation here on whether it was going to be /u/, so the answer is
polyarmory. More focus on the guy so I wouldn't recommend it for u purposes, although it otherwise was entertaining enough.
End was a bit odd with the bad guy claiming he wasn't actually the bad guy and then ... nothing. No explanation or anything.

And talking about space-stations, German-reading people might want to take a look at Eden One. About a crew on a space station when the world ends, basically. Wasn't bad.

And while I'm talking about scifi, read the FutureDyke preview. Seemed pretty interesting; protagonist is cryo-frozen and wakes up some 4000 years later, to hang out with some weird mind-reading AI thing. Which apparently is the love interest. I really liked the beginning, but going by reviews I'm not so sure I'd like the rest. Oh well.
>>
>>2263890
>I don't know if I should start Dragonoak or keep reading trashy fics

I was all set to read Dragonoak yesterday but boom I wasn't told that it was first person POV. Couldn't last 5 pages. I don't know why but first person POV especially in supposedly high fantasy stories cheapen the entire thing for me. Actually I just really hate first person POVs, it gives a YA feel to it. Yikes.
>>
>>2262952
I have this version of FF.net
Could you share with me your version of AO3?
>>
>>2264191
Because first person narratives get abused by mediocre YA writers, but there's also good first person stuff around - Andrea Cort without getting into her fucked up head? No deal. Or DIRE? She'd be incomprehensible.
>“She's fairly certain that she is or was crazy, yes.”
(neither necessarily /u/ though)

That being said, Dragonoak has some typical YA elements. This whole "figuring out her place in the world and finding her confidence" sort of thing.

Either way, not lasting through a book - I gave "Choosing Her Chains" a try. Now when even the title sounds uncomfortably evil it does tend to be a dark read, and unfortunately I was right. Torture, rape, general oppression, blackmail, betrayal, executions, religious persecution, that sort of thing. Oh, and of course no real way out: everybody telling the protagonist to "make her choice" which basically seemed to amount to suffer or suffer worse or have everyone she loves suffer or all of that.
Just wasn't in the mood for it. It's dark fantasy, in my opinion, even if it got categorized as "epic". For someone who likes that sort of thing, I'm sure it's OK. The final "choice" had some interesting implications
the idea is that there is a sun/day/order/male god and a moon/night/chaos/female god. And she's supposed to choose the female one. Now as she's the goddess of chaos being her follower is actually more like a free-lance job. Kinda. But that didn't yet have much impact on book 1. Might be interesting for book 2, though.
It's not that I dislike tragedy or messed up situations, but this was way too much "to live is to suffer". I needed some redeeming quality to it, some hope that things might actually get better at some point.

Also: "WARNING: This novel contains mild to moderate levels of physical and sexual violence (...)."
Her forced-on-her supposed husband whips her entire body bloody, then rapes her while she's still bleeding. That's "moderate"?!
>>
Requesting for:
Echo Branson series:
https://www.goodreads.com/series/72279-echo-branson
>>
>>2264241

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/0AQDlT9H/file.html
>>
File: 31vlhr1Ra5L.jpg (13KB, 313x500px) Image search: [Google]
31vlhr1Ra5L.jpg
13KB, 313x500px
Who in their right mind would think that this cover is good enough to be published? If you don't want to spend a thousand bucks on a cover and want to do it yourself, at least put some effort into it ffs.
>>
Tye Shirelle's War Within. It's about a married woman suffering from bipolar disorder. The lesbian couple just had their second kid, and it takes a while before she's back up "functioning". Stuff happens, and sometimes she's doing a bit better, and sometimes she's doing a bit worse.
Problem was, the blurb promised a "betrayal", and I was basically sitting there waiting for it. I expected that first the author would establish their happy home-life before crashing it down, but it took most of the book to finally get there. Which was a bit frustrating.
Once that happened, loads of issues suddenly pop-up. The writing wasn't really up to the task of conveying the emotional anguish properly, but I still wanted to know how it'd all play out.
Unfortunately, the novel was then over too soon. It was clear it was supposed to be part of a as-of-yet-unwritten series, but I expected the first one to have proper end anyway. Which it doesn't. Meh.

>>2264481
It's Roseau. I don't think he's high up on the "sane person" scale.
Who's getting tortured in that one?
>>
Doira'Liim and Failira by Krystal Orr. A forest elf from an all female elf race falls in love with a human from a nomadic clan. Racial tensions abound of course and the two have to find a way to stop a war. The first book is full of that really lovey dovey "oh I need her so much". 2nd book has one of the MCs become an overpowered sorceress type. I recommend it but watch out for some non penetrative het rape.

Rebecca and The Highwayman Barbara Davies. Kate's a dashing gentleman type highway robber and she steals from and falls in love with a noble named Rebecca. It's got action and romance but the end of the book goes a bit different than I expected (I was expecting it to end like an action movie). It ends happily enough though.

>>2264248
Choosing her chains sounds interesting to me. Would it be possible to get a download link?
>>
>>2264669
Sure -
http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/mM5i2sef/file.html

I've also added Absent in Absinthe, in case anyone is interested in that one.
It's basically dark erotica - but also with an OK plot. Takes place in some fantasy setting with vamps and such, but not urban fantasy. Instead you have that vampire queen and her various (monstrous) companions in her castle, including the heroine, ruling over some lands run by those various ... clans? Houses? Now, one of the traitorous vampire houses has woken after being frozen in ice for some decades, and lead by the protagonist's sister bent on vengeance (and the Queen's blood) everything moves toward war.
Not bad, although it's sometimes a bit simplistic.
Also, expect a lot of scenes of the heroine fucking her (or getting fucked by) her cannibalistic, poisonous slave: in fact, that's perhaps the more central plot; her trying to come to terms that she has fallen for something as lowly as a slave bred to obey, and, worse in her mind, a slave so deadly poisonous she can't even properly fuck her.

Ironically enough, despite all that, in some ways it's less dark than Choosing her Chains. I mean, no rape, no torture (unless you count self-inflicted torture). Just a bit of raising the dead and war, but that's just politics.
>>
>>2264676
Thanks a bunch for both.

Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Ann Peters.
A YA novel not featuring homophobia, bullying, high school hierarchies, finding yourself or after high school worries. MCs gf dies randomly and at the funeral she finds her phone and messages coming in from her gfs other gf. It does have one issue that's completely blown out of proportion to get some last minute drama but otherwise it's pretty nice.
>>
So I'm reading The Right Time, and did anyone else think the mc's get a little too serious? They're 18 and they're already talking about spending the rest of their lives together 1/3 into the book? Also I'm waiting for Townsend starting drinking again to be a big plot point somewhere in the rest of the book...
>>
>>2264796
It's too soon because in those kind of books that leaves far too much room for the author to break them apart and get them back together again. Can't go without pointless drama in this genre.

In reality on the other hand? Relationships either work or they don't. Experience helps but it's not a guarantee, nor is the lack of it certain doom.
>>
Anyone know of any dark erotic stories where someone is slowly broken into being a sex slave for a captor that also features explicit scenes? Seems like ff is the only genre that doesn't get these stories.
>>
>>2264834
Secret Diary of a Young Succubus (or the entire Deep Down Inside series)? Susanna Valent's The Queen's Slavewoman? Ryan Love's Demon's Slave for the greatest proofreading effort ever.
For contemporary stuff, I think there was something like "Drugged"? What little I read of that was thoroughly disgusting.

Also maybe Roseau stuff. Usually less up "sexual slavery" as such, but I'm fairly sure there's some fairly messed up plot in his bibliography.

Why do I even know all this shit ...
... although admittedly Secret Diary is no shit. Well written, well edited, with a serious, complex plot behind it. Fucked up shit, but fucked up shit with class.
>>
Thanks for the suggestions. You mentioned a "Deep Down Inside" series though. Hard to find it though, without an author name. Mind giving me one?
>>
>>2264857
Jacquotte Fox Kline. As far as I can recall the Diary (which is like book 2.5 of the series) is in the FF calibre library, but the others I think you'd have to buy.
>>
Ah, thanks.
>>
>>2258793
Not that anon who requested the files but thanks nonetheless. I've started reading this last night and couldn't get through halfway through the book. The world-building is great but the characters are all flat as fuck and even the interactions/dialogue feel so painfully juvenile. Like it's something a horny teenage geek would write. Or I don't know maybe I'm getting older.
>>
>>2265150
Didn't really get the horny teen vibe, to be honest, although I'd agree that the writing wasn't that great. I think it's more a case of a middle-aged house-wife writing something for the first time.

Still, I like variety and that one provided some of that so that was OK for me even if it was most definitely no Baru Cormorant or anything.

Read that Doira'Liim mentioned above yesterday. Mostly out of boredom, since it basically has everything I personally don't like: prophecy, fated lovers, one true love, reincarnated lovers, hippie elves, chauvinistic, one-dimensional male rapists and a few other things.
Mostly the prophecy thing I hate. I don't mind a bit of "one day she'll do great things" sort of thing, but I hate when it's so precise the universe seems to be totally deterministic. That's not a thought I like entertaining, especially in fiction. Also, that clumsy foreshadowing and trying to add some "mysteriousness" to those meddling "prophets" - particularly the scene where she ominously announces that they're going to have sex that day. I laughed.
But that all might just be me. Writing is OK. Some small proof-reading misses. For people who like a slow-paced fantasy romance (despite the instant attraction) it's probably not bad.
>>
>>2258063
I second this anon's rec for Mindracer's Future Dreams. About a fantasy lawyer and princess representing an infamous and rehabilitated war criminal. A great counter if you read anything very grim or frustrating and want to cleanse yourself because it's all good feelings and everything going right to the point that I was even on edge expecting something to go wrong. I laughed near the end of the book when Jame just said something to the effect of 'oh btw my kingdom is all female and we get babies through lesbian magic'.

Also read something really stupid Starstruck by Yuriko Hime. Basically best comparison I can make is it's like marathoning the manga Citrus. Like one stupid cliche plot will be brought up, angsted over and then demolished while the next one is immediately set up. It's got one stupid and annoying cliche after another.
>>
>>2264833
Well that didn't take long.
>>
Can anyone vouch for otherbound by corrine duyvis?
The premise is a turn off but I heard that the male and female mc don't have a romance with each other and the girl is bisexual. Does it end in some ff?
>>
Does anyone have a download link for TJ Mindracer's Future Dreams? I can't seem to find a copy and would much appreciate it.
>>
>>2265985
There's a .mobi version on mobilism.
>>
>>2265993
Shit, I totally missed that. Thanks babe
>>
>>2261092
>As a lot of "serious" /u/ fiction, it starts depressing, gets a bit better, but then goes rapidly downhill into an "abandon all hope" spiral.

This trend is starting to upset me, to the point where I almost stopped reading a couple of books when the main couple got together because all I could think was one of them was going to die before the end of the story.
>>
Is this one included - we need more fantasy erotica
https://www.amazon.com/Anabasis-Mak-Long-ebook/dp/B018IMSZIA
>>
Real sick of these disgusting adverts
>>
>>2267718
Have you ever heard of a nifty thing called ad block? It gets rid of 99% of ads on the internet and what's better is that it's free!
>>
>>2267718
I've been using adblock for so long I didn't even realise 4chan had ads.
>>
I'm looking for a book that I read a few years back, but I don't remember much. I know that the MC is in love with her best friend (who's NOT the other MC) but she's straight and marries a guy. If I'm not mistaken the MC is the bridesmaid. The best friend is aware that the MC has feelings for her, but the MC doesn't know that the bff knows (she finds out later - the bff is pretty cool about it). That's all I remember, I don't remember the other MC. Oh, and it might have been a Xena uber fic. I know that's very little to go by but does it ring a bell with anyone?
>>
Does anyone have Anabasis by Mak Long?
>>
>>2267718
I have noscript on mozilla that blocks all the porn ads. I can't look up this website on my phone anymore though. /offtopic
>>
Anyone have a copy of insight or intuition by Jennis Slaughter 3rd book is on mobolism but not first 2.
>>
>>2267758
ublock is supposedly better these days. Been using it for a few months, can't complain. Has a very nice add-filter option, what with just clicking the element.
>>
>>2266603
63 pages in print? So fuck the plot, the plot is they fuck?
>>
Is the recommendations google doc in the OP being used/updated? Is it cool for anyone to just add to it?
>>
I'm looking for some specific personal recommendations. I've been trying to find and read good lesbian urban fantasy/paranormal romance, but I've mostly been coming up short. I tried several things from the list at >>2258793

But most of it I've dropped after a few pages because I can't stomach the writing styles. The only one I managed to finish was Faoladh by Danielle Parker, which I enjoyed a lot despite the sometimes wonky dialogue.

I just get really bored with a book when I open it and find the first few pages are a character telling me their backstory, or doing something that seems boring and conflict-less. Wondered if anybody has any personal recommendations from within the genre.
>>
>>2268665
>Faoladh by Danielle Parker
Fuck, I had been ages looking for it and it was uploaded a month ago, fucking mobilism tags, god knows how many of the books I was looking forward I missed by now.
By the way, you should name the ones you have read so we don't recommend the same ones.
>>
>>2268445
http://www109.zippyshare.com/v/LEDKYbRy/file.html
>>
>>2268566
Well I guess it would be cool to update it for newcomers, since books with a gorillion recs like her name in the sky aren't even there, and some books that are actually in the list are... well.

Only time I saw someone talking about the list was some guy bragging about how he put his own book in it.

So yeah I guess you can edit it sis, maybe you'll trigger a few people but who cares
>>
>>2268733
Thank you very much
>>
Anyone got a download for "Vampire Masquerade" by Olivia Starke? The mobilism ones have expired.
>>
>>2268665
The only werewolf lesbian books I've enjoyed are Wild and the Garoul series (discounting the first one, Goldenseal). If you haven't, read Ambereye and onward. Ambereye is kind of silly compared to the latter two, but they're all interesting.
>>
>>2270019
Above anon.

There are several lists in place, but mine is more exclusive to my tastes of just being good fiction.

Good in General:
Nicola Griffith
Whatever Gods May Be (Sophia Hagin Kell) and sequel
LJ Baker – Lady Knight in particular (quite dark)
Nightshade (Shea Godfrey) and sequel
Miles to Go (Amy Dawson Robertson) and sequel
Agape trilogy (Aspura y Gonazoles) – religious themes
Sara Waters – I’ve only read Tipping the Velvet but I can vouch for that
Six Directions of Space (Alastair Reynolds) – scifi novella, lesbian protagonist
Grass Widow (Nanci Little) – do NOT read First Resort; I’m still bitter about it
Forty Love (Diana Simmonds)
Ash (Malinda Lo) – Huntress is also good
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café (Fannie Flagg)
Elemental Logic series (Laurie J Marks)
Qualities of Light (Mary Carroll Moore) – YA novel
Her Name in the Sky (Kelly Quindlen) – YA novel
Daughter of Mystery (Heather Rose Jones); sequels also excellent
One Saved to the Sea (Catt Kingsgrave) – novella
Lee Winter

Good for the genre (even if I list only 1 book, I’ll often purchase and enjoy more than that from the author):
KG MacGregor
Karen Kallmaker
For Me and My Gal (Robbi McCoy)
Parties in Congress (Collette Moody)
Pitifully Ugly (Robin Alexander) – I like most of her stuff, but this is by the far the best
Jane Fletcher – Shadow of the Knife is the best of hers though it’s rather dark
Cool Side of the Pillow (Gill McKnight); unlikable protags in many stories; Garoul series is fun too
Roses and Thorns (Chris Anne Wolfe)
Laughing Down the Moon (Eva Indigo)
Melissa Brayden is rather enjoyable, but her stories suffer from the random final illogical breakup to inflate angst
>>
>>2270019
I attempted to read Goldenseal and dropped it in disgust at the poor writing after about 3 or 4 pages. Is the rest of the series better? I would love if the answer is yes!

>>2270023
Thank you very much, very kind of you.
>>
>>2265953
I've read it. In the end the girl gets the girl.
>>
>>2270058
I rated Goldenseal 1/5. Ambereye 3/5, and the other two 4/5. You have to forgive the absurdity of Jolie Garoul's personality at first, but give it a try. Ignore Goldenseal's existence. I think Ambereye is important to read to understand what's going on in the last two books, which are pretty good for the genre.
>>
>>2270335
>You have to forgive the absurdity of Jolie Garoul's personality at first

I was sad when that became a lot more subdued. But enough remained.
>>
>>2247004
Finally got around to Far Seek 3, too.

For 90% of the book I probably would have agreed. But the end is of the type I absolute hate. And, retro-perspectively from that end, the protagonists had zero agency throughout the book, which I hate, too.

So that made me hate the entire book.

Although I'd still recommend the first two.
>>
Has anyone read AE Donald's Solve for i?
Spoil me the ending, please, if so?
>>
>>2270187
Cool, I may check it out.
Some stuff I read recently:

Banshee's Honor and Sequel by Shaylynn Rose. Half elf war marshal is betrayed and framed for her gfs murder by her new king. Meeting a half elf priestess she plots some revenge. The revenge gets sidetracked though. The romance is rather slow (doesn't become full relationship till book 2) and book 2 has a high amount of focus on an MMF trio that's just not for me. The trio doesn't involve the MCs.

Faerie Queen by Jennie Taylor. This feels like it was written by a 13 year old but if you approach it right it's kinda charming at first. The MC finds out her best friend is a fairy princess and accidentally accepts her not serious marriage proposal. Later it becomes some assassination plot and kinda boring when it loses the fluff.

Beloved Pilgrim by Nan Hawthorne. A "realistic" historical fiction about a noble woman who flees a terrible husband to join the crusades after her brother's death and father's disappearance. Because it's based on history, the MC is mostly just a spectator through disaster after disaster and personally I didn't find it very satisfying. It does have some romance and a happy ending.
>>
>>2271057
I didn't read it whole but skipped to the end. It's also on mobilism.

She does not end up with her best friend and gets a new girl instead.
>>
>>2271111
Anyone got a dl link for beloved pilgrim by nan hawthorne? Mobilism links are all expired
>>
>>2266603
>>2268096
>>2268547

I read this. It's a novella rather than a novel. Actually very plot driven, dark fantasy in tone, and with pretty raw sex scenes. A little short, though. Feels like there should be more. Original read in one sitting though, because it's neither too fluffy nor too porny. FWIW it's one of the few fantasy pure yuri pieces out there.
>>
>>2271121
I really liked it, gave it a 4/5 on Goodreads.

Honestly, I liked that it didn't go the "straight friend goes gay" route, because Gemma really needed to stretch her own wings. Sarah wasn't just someone she was in love with, but someone she would hide behind to solve her problems instead of having an equal (platonic) relationship with. If they had gotten together it would just involve Gemma becoming more and more withdrawn rather than developing into a capable young woman.
>>
>>2253554
>>Crimson Fire by Mirren Hogan
I tried looking for this but Amazon says Page Doesn't Exist for the Kindle edition and the paperback version is out of print? Does anyone have a link?
>>
>>2271610
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/YL1911gD/file.html
>>
>>2271613
Wow that was so fast. Thank you very much
>>
Does anyone have The Someday List by Pega Rose?
>>
>>2271610
Maybe it's those formating issues that are mentioned in some reviews. I don't really remember them, but perhaps they're trying to fix those currently.

It's really a novel that deserves some success, so hopefully it'll be available again, soon.
>>
I read too many cheesy romances these past weeks, I need some angst/drama books.
Anyone can recommend me something where the lead are a couple but only one of them is in love or something like this. Thank you.
>>
Anybody have any recommendations about novels in which one of the females is sort of a "caretaker" of the other? Like a nurse, teacher, camp councilor, orphanage lady thing, foster parent...
>>
>>2273102
Sheridan's Fate has a patient-nurse background. I found it OK, but opinions vary a lot.

Kiki Archer's But She Is My Student is, surprise surprise, about a student-teacher relationship, although it also has a lot of problems. If you want the erotic version of a student-teacher relationship, you could go for Housemistress by Telford. Don't expect much depth from that one.

If "informal" caretaker is fine, too, I always liked Lyn Gardner's Give Me A Reason. One helps the other with her panic attacks.

The other thing I'm reminded of are all those bodyguard novels. Unfortunately I never liked that plot so I can't recommend anything there.

Oh, and for the more weird ones, there's this subgenre? of domestic discipline where one "taking care of the other" usually involves some spanking, but depending the book it might also involve actual care taking. Not too sure about those either. Standing Firm? The General's Guardian? Something like that maybe.
>>
>>2273102
Gracefull Waters is about a delinquent teen in a boot camp and her instructor. Slow burn romance, so don't expect any kinks.

There are a number of professor/student novels, but I don't think that's what you're interested in.
And I know I've read a couple doctor/patient ones, but the fact that I can't actually remember a single one of them is probably not a good sign.
>>
>>2273102
>>2273556
>Doctor/patient
Snowbound by cari hunter. This one surprised me because the medical stuff was actually pretty accurately handled. The girls have a nice alchemy too.

You can also try accidental love by b.l. miller. Found it pretty poor but it's been often recommended so feel free to try.
>>
Anyone got a link to download the Queen's Slavewoman series by Susana Valent? Specifically looking for #4, and #6-10.
>>
>>2273597
>The girls have a nice alchemy too
Did they turn love into gold?
>>
>>2273294
>One helps the other with her panic attacks.
Not anon, but this is my jam.

>>2273648
Lead into love.
>>
>>2273556
I've actually read Graceful Waters, really liked it.
>>2273597
Read Accidental Love too, will try Snowbound.
>>2273294
I'll try some of these too, don't think I've read any of them.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
>>
Rika's Jewel by Astrid Fox: https://www.amazon.com/Rikas-Jewel-Sapphire-Astrid-1999-06-17/dp/B01K8ZDYYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487862111&sr=8-1&keywords=rika%27s+jewel

Really hot lesbian Viking erotica, with a romp through raids and pagan rituals in Medieval Scandinavia.

>>2271318
Seconded - this is the only true dark fantasy lesbian erotica I've read and it's a very good, if short, read.
>>
I was just rereading Wild. White Panty Anon, if you're still around, you made me laugh again.
>>
Recs for a good push/pull romance set-up? I don't know a better way to describe it, but basically a hot/cold personality clash?
>>
>>2273615
I found #6. Not much luck with the other ones you wanted.
http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/BMv3B4OM/file.html
>>
Read the third Dragonoak. Don't really know what to make of it, though. In most ways, it's pretty much what I expected of the series. I'm just not sure whether I wanted what I expected or whether I would rather have had something else.

Perhaps a bit of both? No idea. I still think it's one of the better FF fantasy series but I'm somehow left with a uncertain sense of disappointment.

Has some proofreading issues, too, but that's a separate matter. I have a weird question though: in English ebooks, if characters speak for more than a paragraph, authors very, very often set extra " on the second paragraph of their speech. Is that some weird convention that makes no sense or is it just that loads of different authors see some dialogue and think that " are missing if they don't spot some at the beginning of a paragraph or what is going there?!
>>
>>2275093
That's just the English convention in general. Is it different in other languages?
>>
>>2275096
It's not done in Germany, anyway. You're supposed assume someone keeps talking until you find the closing quotation marks.

Always trips me up for a moment; trying to figure out whether the author had forgotten a closing " and someone else started speaking or not. According to Google that rule exists to precisely prevent this confusion. Which confuses me because it's what causes my confusion in the first place.

Oh well. Now I know.
>>
>>2275111
It's whatever you're used to, I assume. I know I find it more disconcerting when I read something that doesn't do it. But at least you now know for certain, yes.
>>
>>2274792
Ah, thanks. If anyone's got 4, and 7-10, that'd be much appreciated!
>>
>>2275093
I always thought convention was to leave of the parentheses at the end of the first paragraph, and add them at the end of their speech?

Like: "speech speech speech speech speech speech speech
"speech speech speech speech speech"
>>
Can anyone post a zippy link to the 3rd kastelir book im having infinite trouble with the mobilism links
Thanks
>>
>>2275093
I don't quite understand your question. The correct way to have a character continue speech through two paragraphs is:

She said, "Why are you here? There's a fire down south that's broken through the lines.

"Your house is in danger. Go home and dig a fire line quickly to avoid losing it."
>>
>>2275246
>>2275276
Yeah, but that's English convention. In German it'd just be
"blablabla
blablabla
blablabla"

So something like
"blablabla
"blablabla"
Looks like two characters speaking to me, with one closing " missing.
Just didn't pay enough attention to really notice it, or something. And it's not like FF books are a good way to be sure of lingual rules - way too many errors in them, in general. But anyway it's cleared up now.
>>
>>2275096
In Spanish we use a line (—) and it usually goes like:
—blablabla bla blabla bla.

For multiple paragraphs is like:

—bla blablabl blabla.
»blabla blabla bla.
»blablabla, blab lbabbla.
—blabla bla —said the girl.
>>
>>2275096
French is even more confusing.
As with spanish we open with a line for each character, but there is nothing else.

So it would go :
— blaba bla bla, said the girl.
or with two characters :
— blabla bla bla ? asked the first girl.
— bla bla, answered the other one.

There isn't multiple paragraphs when a character is speaking. It's all in one block :
— blabla bla bla, said the girl, bla bla blabla.

It can be quite a mess if not done properly...
But ont the other end it is realistic. People rarely tend to go on a monologue when speaking with someone else.
>>
>>2275542
>People rarely tend to go on a monologue when speaking with someone else.
You've never met my father. You're right though; multiple paragraphs of dialogue are rarely written without break. I don't see that very often so I get excited when it's done correctly. It's probably best suited to a speech.
>>
I'm really craving a good lesbian werewolf novel. It doesn't seem to exist as of yet. I've read:

-Garoul series
-Wild
-a few terrible Radclyffe ones
-Bridget Essex
-Heart of the Pack

Garoul is the only series that really scratches the itch. Anyone find a good one not on that list?
>>
>>2275555
I just finished Pure of Heart by Danielle Parker and it isn't that bad
>>
>>2275555
Pure of Heart would be my first recommendation as well; for something a bit different Licantropa Sogna maybe.

Dakota Shepherd is OK I think. I could also live with the first Underdogs book by Cannon.

Madison Wolves I'll mention for completionists sake (protagonist is a werefox though). Has some good stuff, but loads of really weird things (basically fullfilling the author's weird fantasies, or whatever. Well. I guess a lot of urban fantasy authors do that...).

Haven't gotten around to the The Devil's Tree yet; preview seemed ... well, OK, but not good enough to really make me curious. Might want to give that a look.
>>
>>2275555
I can third on Pure of Heart. It wasn't perfect, but it was a satisfying ride.
>>
>>2275555
Zoe Reed (same author as Breaking Legacies) has some YA stuff with werewolves.
>>
>>2274678
The Red Files?
>>
>>2275555
True Nature by Jae. It's the second book in her shape-shifter series and the one with a werewolf MC.
It's a bit different from the usual were books but give it a try if you haven't.
>>
Anyone could give me a download link to S.W. Andersen's "Somewhere Between Love and Justice" ?
>>
Does anyone have lies and reverie by camilla quinn?
>>
>>2276897
yup
>>
Just read "an Accident of Stars". It's portal (YA) fantasy. So basically some young Earth-girl ending up in a fantasy world where everyone is bisexual and living in poly-relationships* (protagonist is "more lesbian" though).

Hard to point at anything specific but I didn't like it too much, which is odd - usually exactly my cup of coffee. Mostly I found the people the heroine hung with all managed to annoy me one way or another. Plot also wasn't too interesting.

Heroine is mostly busy getting injured. By the end of the book she's pretty disfigured. Another thing I usually approve of (it's just too unbelievable when heroes go through a dozen battles and get away with barely a scratch after healing up), but this time it seemed like it's basically the only interesting part of the journey and that was a bit odd (I don't want to read something just to see the protagonist suffer and not much else ... ).

End was also ... meh. Had some good elements, and some surprises, so that's in its favor. But it's cliffhangerish, and I don't even know whether there's suppose to be a second novel (one character explicitly says that stories don't end neatly and don't come with stars and ends, and I just have to wonder how "meta" that speech is supposed to be).

Also (huge spoiler)
The most interesting character just dies kinda pointlessly at the end, and I have no idea what to make of that.
Also, bad guy gets away, which was so predictable I wanted to strangle the "heroes" for not just killing him. Sigh.

*in fact, the (almost) first fact anyone tells her about the new world is this. So basically that's the biggest thing about the setting, yet the author gets the definition of polygamy plain wrong. Seriously, what the hell, it's THE concept of the book and nobody noticed during proofreading/editing?!
>>
anyone have any recs with the protagonist girl surrounded by a sort of harem?
>>
>>2277395
>nobody noticed during proofreading/editing?!

Oh the things that slip through that....if edited at all. Sometimes it's baffling (as you just found out).
The interesting thing is, this happens with ALL the budget levels. In anything with a story. Which is really saddening.
>>
>>2277585
It's just such an extreme case: I mean - yes, stuff happens. I've seen enough mistakes in math books to know that even when only talking about precisely established information, written down by experts and carefully checked over multiple editions, mistakes still happen.

Yet this is supposedly a feminist book _about_ polygamic relationships. And the author gets the definition of polygamy wrong, and it's not even, you know, a sort of "interpretative statement" or anything, it's just flat-out "polygamy is x". And you can easily look in any dictionary and find "polygamy is y". Worse, it's an important dialogue - not just some random comment somewhere.

Otherwise I think it largely depends on the publishers. The FF-publishing ones aren't the greatest with that, I agree, but admittedly they probably also don't have the resources some others have. Well. It generally doesn't bother me too much.

Anyway, I mentioned above that I wasn't sure whether there'd be a sequel; I checked by now, and it's out on May 2nd. So there's that.

(an antidote concerning proofreading: my favorite error happens in (forgot_the_title), some sort of dragon-fantasy thing, where the protagonist's parents are busy dying, and it's this really tragic moment in the story - and then they send for an "anecdote". I laughed.)
>>
>>2277245
Good to know
Would you chuck us a link?
>>
>>2277665
>an antidote concerning proofreading:

Oh you. Thanks for making me laugh, too.

> they probably also don't have the resources some others have.

Well, I think everyone should have the mental capacity available (for free!) to avoid this blatant a thing. But then I look around and....get depressed.
>>
Oh, next American Yakuza finally announced for April. I really was lacking in trashy novels lately.

Also read Kameron Hurley's The Stars are Legion. She also wrote the great and utterly fucked up God's Wars novels (unfortunately het), so it's no surprise that this one is almost as fucked up. On account on there only being women around, it's FF. Also, according to the author, the message here is that even if everything is miserable and you're screwed over in the worst ways there's always hope (except for everyone who dies I guess). So it kinda has a happy-ish end. Heh.
It's really grim before it gets there, though. It's a bit hard to point at what exactly, but most of the time I just wasn't comfortable with the damn novel. Which might have been the point, but perhaps not what I was looking for at that moment.
Still, if you're looking for scifi dystopia with organic technology - there you go.
>>
>>2278347
>lacking in trashy novels lately
This thread has been taken over by trash lately. What gives?

The only thing that keeps me coming back is the hope that one of the good /u/ authors finally wrote a sequel or new book.
>>
>>2278453
What else is there?
>>
>>2278347
What the fuck is it with all the massively depressing "everyone dies or gets raped or gets fucked over" genre that is dominated, hell, not just /u/ novels but fantasy in general?
>>
>>2278800
"Realism"
>>
>>2278800
According to Hurley we already live in a fucked up "everyone dies or gets raped or gets fucked over" world, so she wanted to write about one that's like that and how the protagonists got out of it.

But yeah, fantasy/scifi likes doing depressing things. Ran out of /u/ stuff a bit so read some other things lately; one had a heroine that tried to commit suicide and lost both legs, one had one where her friends got publicly executed, one featured magical slavery, one aliens manipulating humanity into a huge wars, one witch-burnings ... mh. Maybe I should look for comedy ...
>>
>>2278953
It is possible for those genres to work without doing depressing things - protagonists have to experience conflict, of course, but they can ultimately win. If they don't, on some level, then the story is a tragedy. Not every story has to be a tragedy.
>>
>>2278800
Song of Ice and Fire aka Game of Thrones happened. Or more accurately, bad writers happened. People were asking for more realistic works because idealistic high fantasy had been driven into the ground by bad writers. Now those realistic works are driven into ground by bad writers who think more grimdark = more realism.
>>
>>2279046
Hardly every story is. /u/ just wets its panties about those most of the time. Then again, most of 4chan does. The edge.
>>
>>2279058
>>2279075
Yes, but as the other anon pointed out, it's partially because the "old style" fantasy with heroes that ride into impossible situations and come out with barely a scratch and no loss have been clobbered to death. I just want some balance. Same with sexuality - so writers barely dared mentioning that their characters had sex, and nowadays they have to do it with 3 different characters and a donkey in the first 5 pages to show they're self-respecting, empowered heroines.

I don't find most examples too bad - it's just novels like Hurley's, where everything is bad, things then gets worse, there's some messed up torture/rape, everyone dies, and then it ends either badly or just barely on a positive note.
I'm OK with something like Techromancy; I mean, trash-factor aside, but let's pretend for a moment the series was actually good, but still had the protagonist go through the various "sacrifies", while maintaining the relaxed banter and her "it's so nice to live in modern times!" attitude etc. Good enough for me.

Of course I'll also admit that sometimes the whole grimdark thing can be really interesting. Or at least lead somewhere interesting. It's sometimes a bit hard to figure out even for myself when I like it and when I find it too stereotypical, or too much, or am just not in the mood.
>>
What is the best way to get the books
>>
How risky is it to torrent without a Proxy/ those VN things (I forgot the name but it hides your location and masks your IP or something)
>>
https://www.groupon.com/deals/kindle-unlimited-national
Groupon has a free 60 day trial of kindle unlimited. There should be a handful of decent /u/ books to read for free.
>>
>>2280677
What's the catch?
>>
>>2280838
Says Valid for U.S. residents only.
Guess I could've saved myself some clicks.
>>
>>2280844
Oh, and
>After the 60-day complimentary period, you authorize us to charge your credit card on file or another available card $9.99 per month plus applicable tax until you cancel.
>>
>>2243984
I was looking for some swan queen fanfics from author Chrmdpoet but I can't find them online anymore.
Do any of you have to share with me?
thanks
>>
Someone recommended the last of the loudens by robin alexander last thread - recomended if you're looking for drama-free light hearted comedy !
>>
Does anyone have "But First Must Come the Storm by Brooke Radley". I haven't had much luck finding it. Mobi only has Nightshade.
>>
>>2280626 see >>2243984

>>2280628
FF books are rarely risky to torrent, but if you don't know anything about torrenting i suggest you read up on it. and don't use utorrent because it's bloated as fuck.

don't use mainstream torrent sites without an adblocker.
>>
>>2271057
Would anyone be so kind and post a link to this, if anyone even got it in the first place? I don't usually mobilism.
>>
>>2263890
In the end I read the first book and I enjoyed it. The other day I started the 2nd one and after reading the 25% of the book I have to say... WHAT THE FUCK Katja. She's gone completely insane. What a bitch. On the other hand I fucking love Kouris.
>>
>>2264191
i forget dragonoak is in first person between books.

>>2282857
you can read trashy fics by the books author. some of them aren't trashy.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/swapcats/pseuds/swapcats
https://archiveofourown.org/users/sunbreaksdown/pseuds/sunbreaksdown

yeah the random guro was kind of weird.
>>
>>2282208
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/o9FRvXtQ/file.html
>>
Possible spoilers for the last Dragonoak book.
I get the last book and think it was fitting for the series but
It was very frustrating and unsatisfying. I think the book kinda takes a nosedive after Rowan goes to Carth to pick up all her friends from there they all have everything figured out and are better at almost everything. The only one who's interesting is Kondo Kana and she completely overshadows Rowan whenever she decides to do something. Meanwhile Rowan keeps going through this frustrating loop of "I'll go to this eventful place so the narration can't miss it and do nothing interesting." I don't mean not killing, she practically does nothing through most of the book, especially compared to how much power usage she got out of the 2nd. She has completely stagnated in her abilities till the very end and that's a huge waste. Also the end of the whole Katja thing left a really bitter taste in my mouth and though there was a nice small thing near the end where Rowan decides to not be bugged by her anymore, which is like a kick to Katja's teeth it's still not enough. The best and most interesting part of the book was Claire. She was almost definitely the main driver of the plot and I'd honestly say she's the main character though not the POV character. I liked the very, very end. It's a few sentences that close the book on Rowan but it's nice to know what her fate was.
Overall fine book, but somewhat disappointing.
>>
>>2283483
I mostly agree, although I expected that Rowan wouldn't do anything much. I was more annoyed by everyone else also not doing anything much either.
Like how Claire just waits around while her mother strings her along. I mean, what the hell, it was all _so_ obvious and they ALL just sat there, waiting.
Rowan's weird excursions into different places baffled me as well. Totally ripped the plot apart for little gain; what happened there could have been narrated through different means.

And, of course, Katja. Again, I expected that I wouldn't get to see her being horribly murdered, but Rowan's odd thoughts about her were...really odd.

Ultimately, my main problem was the complexity of the problem they set out to solve, versus how simple it was to actually solve. Taking over a Kingdom should be difficult. Just sitting around until everything resolved itself is too easy.

Didn't like the epilogue either, that's the sort of thing that I prefer to let stay open-ended.

Of course it was still very Dragonoak-ish so it's not like I disliked the novel or anything, despite my complaints. It just felt more like a middle part of a trilogy than a grand finale, for some reason.

Oh, on a side note:
Did I interpret a certain scene correctly; that Rowan is actually together with both Kouris and Claire in a romantic way? I always thought her "loving" Kouris was just, you know, friendly.
>>
>>2283555
>last spoiler

If I hate poly should I just avoid finishing this series?
>>
>>2283593
Given that I'm not even sure about what they actually have I doubt it's enough of an issue to bother you, but of course I don't know how stronk your dislike is ...

Why hate on poly anyway? Not something one exactly stumbles across all the time, even in fiction.
>>
>>2283597
Nothing to do with frequency. You are either open to poly or not. And your "romantic orientation" so to speak is kind of important when that's what we're here for, primarily.
>>
>>2283597
I don't like poly. I have no interest in reading it.

If I'm reading something for a romantic couple and at the end the relationship goes poly it's just like "God fucking dammit"

I'll probably still read it since as you say it might be interpretive, unless another anon weighs in
>>
>>2283841
>>2284185
Sure, I'm just curious, because even if you read hundreds of /u/ novels the chance that you run into any poly without given warning about it is about nil. "Hate" seems such a strong word for something that's just about non-existent in /u/ and easy to avoid. Unlike, say, reincarnated fated-true-love-soul-mate-lovers.

And I don't see why three people together can't be as romantic as two people; 9 out of 10 times the so-called romance consists of being instantly attracted to the other female and then fussing around until they jump in bed anyway. At least with poly they usually have to work some things out.

Err, but don't take that as me trying to convince you of anything. Just ramblin'.
>>
>>2284185
Pretty much. I don't mind a poly relationship being established as that but seeing a couple adding someone feels like it cheapens the romance, like it turns from romantic relationship to fuck buddies. Maybe unfair, but whatever.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>2284271
>easy to avoid

not if it's absent in the description and shows up in the 11th hour.

some people don't like anal.

i don't like polyromantic relationships. and i really don't like surprise polyromantic relationships.

so why would i want to read about them?
>>
>>2284450
So in which novels did you encounter that? I like my fiction varied, so I wouldn't mind some additional reading material.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.