[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of Korra (LoK) & Avatar the Last Airbender (AtlA)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 447
Thread images: 251

File: d8im5w2.jpg (74KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
d8im5w2.jpg
74KB, 1024x1024px
Old thread: >>2217067

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/HhBCSkHx

Irene Koh:
>yeah, korra and asami kiss, and more than once, cuz they girlfriends, and that’s what these girlfriends do. boom. happy new year.
>>
File: Cow 03.jpg (185KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
Cow 03.jpg
185KB, 1200x849px
>>2242975
2017's looking better already.
>>
>>2242975
I still can't get over that name.
>>
File: tumblr_ojpa22twJu1u2hzxbo1_1280.png (665KB, 1280x1536px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojpa22twJu1u2hzxbo1_1280.png
665KB, 1280x1536px
>>2242900
>The joke is based on a Makorrafags unshakeable belief that the frogs' eye colors/relationship was canon proof of endgame Makorra. Like, literally.

At that point, Bryke had taken (excessive) time and pains to show just how awful a romantic relationship between Korra and Mako worked out. Among other things, he couldn't take being second banana she was incapable of offering reciprocal support.
Makorrafags were desperate. and the frogs - hilariously - were the only thing they could cling to.

>I don't have the screen cap but it was full on frothing at the mouth "YOU WANT CANON PROOF?! TEH FROGS!!!!!!!"

It became a little pathetic when you began to feel the entitlement and surety with which they pointed to the stupid frogs. Even most Korrasamifags never felt they were entitled to that endgame.
>>
File: jacketkorra.jpg (41KB, 482x321px) Image search: [Google]
jacketkorra.jpg
41KB, 482x321px
>I still can't get over that name.

Maybe her mother will write a terrible second comic explaining what really happened to Asami's mother.
>>
>>2243112
>Even most Korrasamifags never felt they were entitled to that endgame.
We were mostly just rooting for an end that didn't torpedo Korrasami.
>>
File: chair lol.jpg (159KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
chair lol.jpg
159KB, 900x1125px
>>2243165
>We were mostly just rooting for an end that didn't torpedo Korrasami.

Even if they didn't have an interaction in the finale, I think we'd have been content as long as they didn't soporifically resurrect Makorra. Asami winning the KorraBowl is still one of the nicest surprises I've ever gotten watching a show.
>>
>>2242975
>Koh

I don't trust that name.
>>
File: kohsami.png (65KB, 524x394px) Image search: [Google]
kohsami.png
65KB, 524x394px
>>2243234
>"Oh, it was something about stealing the face of someone she loved..."
>>
File: korra le pout.png (217KB, 491x496px) Image search: [Google]
korra le pout.png
217KB, 491x496px
>>2243253
>kohsami.png

You gotta lot of nerve posting that picture.
>>
File: koh.jpg (487KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
koh.jpg
487KB, 1100x733px
>>2243253
>>
>>2242977
It's going to be great.
>>
>>
File: tyzula modern.png (558KB, 1054x877px) Image search: [Google]
tyzula modern.png
558KB, 1054x877px
>>2243335
>can't even keep her balance when Asami jumps on her

Aang would have kept his balance.
>>
File: All that jazz 1.png (1MB, 1150x1460px) Image search: [Google]
All that jazz 1.png
1MB, 1150x1460px
I miss the Jazz AU
>>
File: All that jazz 2.png (226KB, 533x810px) Image search: [Google]
All that jazz 2.png
226KB, 533x810px
>>2243339
>>
>>2243174
>Asami winning the KorraBowl is still one of the nicest surprises I've ever gotten watching a show.

Nothing was worse than that scene near the end when Korra and Mako were talking and you couldn't help but think, "Fuck!" Nothing was better than when Asami got Tenzin to fuck off.

I wasn't expecting to win, I just didn't want to lose.
>>
File: tumblr_nm7f70uTXP1sgytfeo7_1280.jpg (587KB, 1280x1813px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm7f70uTXP1sgytfeo7_1280.jpg
587KB, 1280x1813px
>>2243375
>Nothing was worse than that scene near the end when Korra and Mako were talking and you couldn't help but think, "Fuck!"
That sent a chill through my spine, too. I honestly didn't expect any Korra one-on-ones with the others, save perhaps Tenzin. So, when Wu waltzed off, I got really antsy for ten seconds.

>Nothing was better than when Asami got Tenzin to fuck off.
The instant I heard "Excuse me, Tenzin," I knew it was canon.

>I wasn't expecting to win, I just didn't want to lose.
Same boat, but I honestly put a Makorra ending at about 5% probability. They would have had to have had a massive change of heart to resume that shitshow. I genuinely thought Korrasami was more likely, but though Korra ending alone was VASTLY more probable.
>>
>>2243375
Even /u/ was expecting a friendship end. While Mako's scene was a bit of a troll move on Bryke's part, nobody here thought that Makoorra could happen outside of a complete asspull.
>>
File: Sporty.jpg (243KB, 810x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Sporty.jpg
243KB, 810x1170px
>>
File: tumblr_nhz83rL0dw1qg828xo1_1280.jpg (197KB, 1280x921px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhz83rL0dw1qg828xo1_1280.jpg
197KB, 1280x921px
>>2243388
>outside of a complete asspull.

These lads gave us chiropractor rock. Anything was possible.
>>
>>2243388
I think the Mako scene was just tying up loose ends and reaffirming where Korra and him stand now (friends and mutual respect).
>>
>>2243375
Yeah that got a ball of dread in my stomach. But then I peeked at the time left in the ep and thought it was a bit too early for the endgame romantic scene, and that helped alleviate some of my apprehension. Then I honestly thought we would get a platonic open end during the Tenzin talk, which I was totally on board with. And THEN ASAMI SHOOED HIM AWAY AND I KNEW.

Well, sort of knew. I mean even watching it happen I still couldn't believe it. It took like a full 24 hours for it to really sink in, even as we all celebrated.

>>2243388
I vacillated between a 50% chance of Makorra (I have extremely little faith in tv NOT choosing the boring hetero option) and "no, Makorra would be TOO stupid even for Bryke after Book 2."

>>2243420
Well, they used up their chiropractor rock move with Jinora in Book 2.

>>2243422
That is exactly what it was. But considering how much Bryke had come to hate their own invention, I'd put money down that the timing/placement of the scene was a conscious trolling choice.
>>
>>2243339
Fic or just fanart? Got a little late on the train.
>>
File: tumblr_nlkqe4uJIn1tlebiko1_1280.jpg (289KB, 1280x1629px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlkqe4uJIn1tlebiko1_1280.jpg
289KB, 1280x1629px
>>2243422
>I think the Mako scene was just tying up loose ends and reaffirming where Korra and him stand now (friends and mutual respect).

He was pretty much the (apparent) hero and focus of an entire season. Though, to be honest, if he hadn't been part of the Krew, I wouldn't have been surprised if they gave him the Jinora treatment.
>>
File: Asami jazz singer.jpg (187KB, 1280x1808px) Image search: [Google]
Asami jazz singer.jpg
187KB, 1280x1808px
>>2243446
>Fic or just fanart? Got a little late on the train.

Rather, just a little fun concept made up here. Korra has to master all of the Instruments of jazz, and is a savant guitar, horn and drum player as a child, but could never nail down the pai-anna. So she travels to RC to learn from the world's top jazz pianist, Tenzin, and while there encounters jazz singer Asami. Shenanigans ensue and she has to fill in for Hasook in her band, yadda yadda. I also think there was an idea months later about Kuvira being a rival singer of Asami's.
>>
File: Jazz Band fire ferrets.jpg (733KB, 1280x1792px) Image search: [Google]
Jazz Band fire ferrets.jpg
733KB, 1280x1792px
>>2243435
>Well, sort of knew. I mean even watching it happen I still couldn't believe it. It took like a full 24 hours for it to really sink in, even as we all celebrated.
I went straight to /co/ after it happened, and contrary to what they'll claim, there was more celebration/shock than rejection. I found myself on /u/ that night due to somebody mentioning how it was celebrating and have been here ever since.

>I vacillated between a 50% chance of Makorra (I have extremely little faith in tv NOT choosing the boring hetero option) and "no, Makorra would be TOO stupid even for Bryke after Book 2."
If you were one of the many that dropped the show early in the second season, being informed of an asspull cliche Makorra end would have at all surprised you. But if you stuck with it, despite what happened in the first two seasons, you would know that they had definitely learned their lesson regarding that awful, awful romance.
>>
>>2243375
>>2243435
Friendly reminder that when the strings started this became a love song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pcxrdP3ums
>>
File: asami when korra asks.gif (530KB, 177x171px) Image search: [Google]
asami when korra asks.gif
530KB, 177x171px
>>2243435
>they used up their chiropractor rock move with Jinora in Book 2.
That is genuinely more egregious that chiropractor rock because the show was about to end on a fitting and satisfying climax. Then they had a nonsense excuse stop Korra for no reason only for a deus ex machina (that makes no sense in or out of context) to save her.

>considering how much Bryke had come to hate their own invention, I'd put money down that the timing/placement of the scene was a conscious trolling choice.
I got the impression that Bryke were rolling their eyes at Makorrafags throughout the final season, with an attitude communicating "all right already, here he is. Happy now?" And there's no way they didn't foresee all the yaoi shipping between him and Wu.

As for its placement in the finale, well, Bolin had his own adventures and plotlines, and his and Varrick's stories had culminated, so it really was down to Korra to have her tĂªte-a-tete with each of those important to her. Seeing as the airbabies (bar Meelo who no one likes) were shoved into the background, and everyone else is a fucking Beifong, it came down to Mako, Tenzin and Asami, So Mako got bottom billing, even if he declares his undying loyalty presumably for six months until Korra's Avatar shit gets in the way of his career near the end of the finale, it's just a set-up for Korra to be reflective. Mako's big declaration didn't move Korra to tears or change how she views anything. It was just a nice little opener for her talk with Tenzin, where the meat was, and Korra and Tenzin spell out her completed arc for any retards still insisting she's had no development.

Asami's part is actually about Asami/Korrasami rather than Korra, as Korra's story that was being told is complete.
>>
File: tumblr_niestm4pJY1rltzhko9_1280.jpg (230KB, 1280x1776px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niestm4pJY1rltzhko9_1280.jpg
230KB, 1280x1776px
>>2243487
>still get chills

Been in my fave's playlist since Dec 20th, neechan.
>>
File: soccer 5.jpg (340KB, 686x887px) Image search: [Google]
soccer 5.jpg
340KB, 686x887px
>>2243396
It's easy to forget how crazy the fandom went for a basic little flash soccer game on Nick's website just because it had Korra and Asami as a team.
>>
File: 4efb8da95956992de2d02321a3330556.jpg (224KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4efb8da95956992de2d02321a3330556.jpg
224KB, 1127x1600px
>>2243487
Zuckerman is an amazing musician and sound designer.
>>
Why would an Indian girl go out with a Japanese girl?
>>
I like how Korrasami happening was a special moment only for us who followed the series as it aired and got to collectively experience the subtext, the anxiety and the hope. There's no way of replicating that experience anymore, which is why people who watch it now tend to find the ending disappointing ("what, not even a kiss!").
>>
>>2243486
>contrary to what they'll claim, there was more celebration/shock than rejection
/co/ also needed 24 hours for it to sink in that the progressive, logical end they all said would be great actually happened, and once the shock wore off they needed to reverse their quick because heaven forbid LoK get something right.

>if you stuck with it, despite what happened in the first two seasons, you would know that they had definitely learned their lesson regarding that awful, awful romance
I did stick with it. But again, I'm extremely jaded when it comes to blah hetero romances being endgame. It's why I was swinging between the two wildly. Plus when it comes tv writers/producers, "lessons learned" have a nasty habit of being forgotten the minute a new season is ordered. PLUS nickelodeon didn't exactly do the show any favors and even by Book 2 I was convinced it was some nick exec who pushed for "what a guy" Mako.

>>2243490
>That is genuinely more egregious that chiropractor rock because the show was about to end on a fitting and satisfying climax
True. There was literally no reason for Jinora.

>so it really was down to Korra to have her tĂªte-a-tete with each of those important to her
Yes, but they could have easily put the Makorra scene earlier. For example, before the wedding, she could have visited him in the hospital, their convo would play out exactly the same w/a few tweaks. That would put it several minutes earlier in the ep, leaving pretty much 0 way for it to even appear to be the endgame romance scene even as it starts. Adding it later, ALMOST close enough to be the final scene, set during a WEDDING - reeks of deliberate Makorrafag trolling. I'm not saying that's the sole reason they timed it like they did, but I'm fairly certain they had that mini-fake out in mind. Not to mention hetshippers - especially when they feel threatened by gay ships - are the worst. The tone of "shut the fuck up Makorrafags" is all over their Korrasami confirmation posts.
>>
>>2243515
Most people who recently pick it up also do it for the wrong reasons. Korrasami hyped LoK for LGBT rep, but the show is decidedly NOT LGBT centered. So right off the bat they're expecting way more. Factor in that none of these new viewers seem to take into account the nature of censorship - especially back in 2014, and you've got a bunch of morons protesting that the gay was too subtextual/"buh whut about lady kisses?"

>There's no way of replicating that experience anymore
Honestly, theres no way of replicating ANY live fandom experiences. But Korrasami was pretty special, if mostly because NO ONE TRULY EXPECTED IT.
>>
>>2243500
Why wouldn't they?

Also none of the ships in this fandom are remotely close to being like that comparison.
>>
>>2243520
>For example, before the wedding, she could have visited him in the hospital
Eh, the reason parties are an attractive way to end a story is because you have an excuse to put all your characters at the same place to say their final piece. Adding an extra scene between the end of the battle and the wedding would have killed the pace for no good reason, since Mako was going to be at the wedding anyway.
>>
>>2243529
>Why wouldn't they?
Fun fact: India is the most racist country in the world.
>>
>>2243539
I feel like this is a "friends jumping of bridges" type scenario.
>>
>>2243495
Is the flash game still on there or did someone download it?
>>
>>2243500
>>2243539
http://www.stephgrantphotography.com/blog/shannon-seema-indian-lesbian-wedding-los-angeles-ca/
>>
>>2243555
I can't tell. It was never available in Europe. I could only ever play it because of some link shenanigans. There was also a baseball and basketball game.
>>
File: 14_6B6ADfc.jpg (2MB, 4672x4884px) Image search: [Google]
14_6B6ADfc.jpg
2MB, 4672x4884px
>>2243500
Korra's not Indian! She's Polynesian.

>>2243515
>which is why people who watch it now tend to find the ending disappointing ("what, not even a kiss!").
Yeah, ever since Dec 19 2014, /u/ has always advised not to watch the show only for the yuri. But as someone said that very night:
>show not centred solely around yuri
>yuri ending
>is this what happiness feels like?
>>
Yes or no for an 'I love you' in the comics?
>>
>>2243490
>I got the impression that Bryke were rolling their eyes at Makorrafags throughout the final season, with an attitude communicating "all right already, here he is. Happy now?" And there's no way they didn't foresee all the yaoi shipping between him and Wu.
Remember that one interview with Bryke and IGN and they were talking romance and then one of the IGN people was all "Well Korrasami would be a way..." and then Bryke just were all "Yeah it's a way" and were ald dodging and shit and then they looked at each other with some weird grin already knowing how the show would end.
>>
>>2243520
>they needed to reverse their quick because heaven forbid LoK get something right.
There's also that many of he people that were satisfied with the end moved onto liking and talking about other things. However, those of the eternally buttblasted variety have not stopped bitching, whining and poisoning the well for any LoK discussion on /co/.

>even by Book 2 I was convinced it was some nick exec who pushed for "what a guy" Mako.
I'm still ambivalent and unsure about the degree of Bryke's involvement in Saint Mako. They (sometimes viciously) defended him and the romance in the first two seasons (even as they were moving to actively bury it). But by Book Three, they had completely changed their tune, admitting some fault.
It's this change of tune that makes me think that Mako perhaps was studio-mandated to be pushed as the paper "deauteragonist" despite Bryke only having written him as a love interest that plays sports. It's no secret that Nick vehemently opposed a female protag. It could be that book one Mako is to Korra was Syaoran was to Sakura in the butchered dub of Cardcaptor Sakura.
>>
>>2243536
Not necessarily. The Mako/Korra hospital scene would replace the one at the wedding, so theres no screen time added (Mako would just be in the BG at the wedding. Like Jinora. Hell you could even throw the Wu convo into the end of the hospital scene). Plus it could have acted as a segue/set up TO the wedding, revealing a bit of what happened in between AND answering the question of how much time had elapsed since the final battle. I don't see much of an issue with pacing, though I do agree it is "neater" to have Korra have all her tete-a-tetes in one setting, even if thats not really more logical.

>>2243568
If there is one, chances are it'll be "I love you sweetie
>>
File: tumblr_niuejnQno41rbufexo1_1280.jpg (286KB, 700x578px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niuejnQno41rbufexo1_1280.jpg
286KB, 700x578px
>>2243520
>True. There was literally no reason for Jinora.

And being made into a side character, far beneath someone like Opal in significance, shows that there was no long term plan for Jinora beyond having a big ceremony celebrating how awesome she was.

>Adding it later, ALMOST close enough to be the final scene, set during a WEDDING - reeks of deliberate Makorrafag trolling
I'm not sure about that, but it's a wonderful bonus if it made Makorrafags salty (and I admit that the Makorrafag reaction vids out there do show the girls - and it is always girls - were squeeing with delight and anticipation as soon as Wu sauntered off).

>but I'm fairly certain they had that mini-fake out in mind
Maaaybe. It could have crossed their minds. But I do think its placement is primarily for elegance.

>hetshippers - especially when they feel threatened by gay ships - are the worst
Was that a thing on tumblr/reddit/elsewhere? Here, is was almost exclusively about hating on LoK/Korra. Dislike of the gay stuff wasn't because of homophoboa, but because by calling it pandering, you could piss on the show and Bryke.
>>
File: tumblr_nw4hs6t8M51t3t39qo1_1280.png (309KB, 540x835px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw4hs6t8M51t3t39qo1_1280.png
309KB, 540x835px
>>2243528
>But Korrasami was pretty special, if mostly because NO ONE TRULY EXPECTED IT.

Yep. Won't ever be able to replicate that again. Now, there'll always be a chance.
>>
File: tumblr_nkpi9tja5Q1qgl57co1_1280.png (468KB, 1275x1266px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkpi9tja5Q1qgl57co1_1280.png
468KB, 1275x1266px
>>2243568
>Yes or no for an 'I love you' in the comics?

Too early. Just because the vomit-inducing finale of season one did it doesn't mean they should repeat that mistake.
>>
>>2243575
>though I do agree it is "neater" to have Korra have all her tete-a-tetes in one setting, even if thats not really more logical.

There's also an implied gap in time between the Mako and Wu conversation, and Korra staring alone at the new spirit portal and ruined downtown. It doesn't follow right after Mako's declaration in-universe.

>spoiler

You tryin' to start sum shit sweetie?
>>
File: 01_by_joeherb75-d8zq3yq.jpg (459KB, 1024x1581px) Image search: [Google]
01_by_joeherb75-d8zq3yq.jpg
459KB, 1024x1581px
Anyone who has read even the beginning of the AtLA comics should recall that it revealed that Sokka walked into the scene a moment after the end title, completely ruining Aang and Katara's moment.
What moments/developments/titbits from the show do you see them potentially fucking up in the comics?
Personally, I hope they don't try to give Mako his Fire Nation princess. Or have anyone follow Korra and Asami into the portal.
>>
>>2243575
It isn't really about the screen time, but the way many scene transitions during crucial moments make a work seem disjointed (for a really bad recent example, see the beginning of Rogue One). By now Korra's saved the day and completed her arc, so there's really no need to go to another location before the summation, aside from maybe sparing a few Makorrafag tears.
>>
File: tumblr_nvynsz7n1I1uw2rw5o1_1280.jpg (172KB, 1280x928px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvynsz7n1I1uw2rw5o1_1280.jpg
172KB, 1280x928px
>>2243569
>Remember that one interview with Bryke and IGN
I do. Those smug fuckers knew everything, and played it off as though they were just being polite by saying "Korrasami is a way... it's a valid way... if you're into that."
>>
>>2243584
>Now, there'll always be a chance.
Because there will always be bad writing.
>>2243582
>And being made into a side character, far beneath someone like Opal in significance, shows that there was no long term plan for Jinora beyond having a big ceremony celebrating how awesome she was.
>>2243490
>That is genuinely more egregious that chiropractor rock because the show was about to end on a fitting and satisfying climax. Then they had a nonsense excuse stop Korra for no reason only for a deus ex machina (that makes no sense in or out of context) to save her.
>>2243568
The artists apparently said they kiss at least a couple of times so unless either of them kiss people they don't love? Showing text is one thing but actually drawing the characters kissing would be further along unless it is some new cultural appropriation.
>>
File: Nerves.jpg (2MB, 2000x1992px) Image search: [Google]
Nerves.jpg
2MB, 2000x1992px
>>2243598
>aside from maybe sparing a few Makorrafag tears.

Spirits know we don't want that!
>>
>>2243603
What?
>>
>>2243597
>What moments/developments/titbits from the show do you see them potentially fucking up in the comics?
Korra forgets how to use spirit/energy based abilities to work through something.
Korra forgets that she is more in touch with metal than Lin and Suyin Beifong.
Korra forgets that her airbending is equivalent to the combined air nation's airbending force as of the Kuvira kerfuffle.
Korra forgets that she can heal.
Korra falls unconscious just as easily as she did against Zaheer despite taking far more punishment against Unalaq's bullshit.
Korra yells at her family and friends.
Korra does something without telling her family and friends.
Korra doesn't talk with Raava or meditate.
Korra is on the side of the spirits more so than humanity after the spirits flipped her the bird several times.
Korra doesn't understand why people are upset that not-Hong-Kong is in ruins.

Pretty much that they will repeat things with Korra all over again and flip a coin to find out if it will be Jinora or Mako that saves her again for a tie breaker until the next comic.
>>
>>2243582
>Was that a thing on tumblr/reddit/elsewhere? Here, is was almost exclusively about hating on LoK/Korra.
From the general fandom, usually via tumblr/twitter. The hetshippers in fandoms are so used to having their way that anytime even a hint of their ship being split up for a gay one sets them right off in fits of entitled rage other interfering hetships don't seem to get. And I would say 4chan is a...uniquely separate part of fandom. But yes, in this instance on /co/ it wasn't about shipping or homophobia, just shitting on the show.

>>2243593
>You tryin' to start sum shit
What are ya gonna do about it sweetie?
>>
>>2243597
>have anyone follow Korra and Asami into the portal.
Highly doubtful, didn't they say the comics pick up right after they return from gal pal-ing around the spirit world?

>I hope they don't try to give Mako his Fire Nation princess.
Makoperator all the way. But seriously, again highly doubtful. His arc is about the triads, no reason to shove FN royalty into the plot without some major reaching.

>What moments/developments/titbits from the show do you see them potentially fucking up in the comics?
The continuation of Bolin the Screenhogging Retard is highly probable.
Contrived Korrasami fighting/conflict/drama
Korra forgets she's the avatar and loses a fight she should have no problem winning
Asami forgets she had a complicated relationship with her squashed father
Misuse Varrick in some way

Luckily I think they confirmed Kuvira isn't really appearing at all, so we can avoid the bizarrely popular fanon belief that Kuvira/Korra would become besties.
>>
>>2243614
>Korra forgets that her airbending is equivalent to the combined air nation's airbending force as of the Kuvira kerfuffle.
Inconsistent power levels were the bane of both shows (and most action/superhero stuff in general). Never forget Korra apparently needed the army for her full her full Avatar State self to have a chance against a garrison of mecha tanks and NWT soldiers, but it was assumed that her Avatar State could annihilate Kuvira's 80,000 strong army, filled with elite metal benders and with hundreds of mecha suits.

>Korra forgets that she can heal.
I'm confident Asami's gonna scuff her knee or something in the SW, Korra will have to heal it and one thing will lead to another.

>Korra doesn't talk with Raava or meditate.
That would greatly annoy me. Only Zaheer seemed more in touch with the spiritual side of things than she did by the end.

>Korra doesn't understand why people are upset that not-Hong-Kong is in ruins.
That would be a dial back, too, considering how in the midst of all the happy stuff at the end, she;s still staring sadly at the destroyed skyline.

>Pretty much that they will repeat things with Korra all over again and flip a coin to find out if it will be Jinora or Mako that saves her again for a tie breaker until the next comic.
Don't make me scared, sis.
>>
File: tumblr_ohmtl6UGqr1qhvkspo1_540.jpg (161KB, 509x459px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohmtl6UGqr1qhvkspo1_540.jpg
161KB, 509x459px
>>2243649
>Highly doubtful, didn't they say the comics pick up right after they return from gal pal-ing around the spirit world?
Was that right? I think that's just something we've come to assume. It's given in the synopsis that when they return they find a shady corporate type already trying to take advantage of the portal. I think we'll see at least a little of their SW galpal adventures.

Pic related (comic preview panel) kind of looks like it might take place in the SW.

>His arc is about the triads, no reason to shove FN royalty into the plot without some major reaching.
What do you bet his story will culminate in foiling a Triad plot to kidnap the FN princess?
>>
File: tumblr_nzmhw00GdD1so9udzo1_1280.jpg (255KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzmhw00GdD1so9udzo1_1280.jpg
255KB, 1280x1280px
Now that I think about it, Bryan said this piece of art of his is from something official, and is much bigger than what is shown. Maybe the SW vacation will be shown in textless bonus art? If there are multiple kisses in the comic, I can't see Bryan not wanting to get in on that.

>>2243649
>The continuation of Bolin the Screenhogging Retard is highly probable.
Inevitable. BUT, he'll be hopefully cutting into Mako's time rather than Korra and Asami's. I have to think Bryke making Bolin a cop is somewhat a response to the anger when Mako was revealed to have joined the RCPD and not Bolin.

>Contrived Korrasami fighting/conflict/drama
It could work if it's focused on Asami dealing with Hiroshi's death. Maybe.

>Korra forgets she's the avatar and loses a fight she should have no problem winning
...yep.

>Asami forgets she had a complicated relationship with her squashed father
I really hope not.

>Misuse Varrick in some way
Without his voice actor, that's ANY way.
>>
>>2243653
>What do you bet his story will culminate in foiling a Triad plot to kidnap the FN princess?
Seeing as how the FN princess would have zero reason to be there at the time, in this life or the next, it is highly likely. That's what a detective is for anyway, to actively stop kidnapping attempts.

>>2243649
>Luckily I think they confirmed Kuvira isn't really appearing at all, so we can avoid the bizarrely popular fanon belief that Kuvira/Korra would become besties.
Korra doesn't hold grudges. Granted she didn't forgive Zaheer, she doesn't have anything against him and was scared of him despite their strength difference and how he has no power over her. Kuvira and Korra wouldn't be besties but Aang got along with Zuko despite their interactions.

And if this is about how Asami's dad was killed by Kuvira, then Korra is capable of looking past that given how she views Unalaq and his family plus how she didn't bat an eye when Hiroshi initially bit the dust.
>>
>>2243662
>That's what a detective is for anyway, to actively stop kidnapping attempts.

And Mako's one of the best!

t. Chief Lin Beifong
>>
>>2243658
>I have to think Bryke making Bolin a cop is somewhat a response to the anger when Mako was revealed to have joined the RCPD and not Bolin.

It's a response to them realizing that Bolin has even less of a purpose in the story than Mako, regardless of how many jobs they give him and how much spotlight they force him to have and how he always has to be making a noise of some sort or acting spastic to eat up the budge allocation.
>>
When does the official comic come out, again?
>>
File: surely an accident.gif (2MB, 540x257px) Image search: [Google]
surely an accident.gif
2MB, 540x257px
>>2243662
>Korra doesn't hold grudges.
That is true. Tahno, Tarlokk, Eska, Desna are all mostly forgiven by her. She even regretted having to kill Unalaq. I think the only enemies of hers she felt no sympathy for were Zaheer and the Earth Queen.

>and was scared of him despite their strength difference and how he has no power over her.
That's PTSD for you.

>Kuvira and Korra wouldn't be besties but Aang got along with Zuko despite their interactions.
Kuvira is Zuko if he gave into the blue dragon and had Long Feng's background. Korra can relate to and empathise with her, but Kuvira's actions were inexcusable.
So yes, it is a good thing indeed that she won't be appearing.

>plus how she didn't bat an eye when Hiroshi initially bit the dust.
If you Korra, she did seem fairly saddened (if only for Asami's sake), but there wasn't any time for lamentations. It was ''get in the hole or get squished.''
Honestly, I think Korra's enduring anger to Hiroshi (when she forgave so many others) is directly because he hurt Asami so much.
>>
File: tumblr_nhanzcfX6V1qh7q4ko1_1280.png (345KB, 836x755px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhanzcfX6V1qh7q4ko1_1280.png
345KB, 836x755px
>>2243666
Methinks you're right, Satan. He really was designed to be a one-season character.

>>2243667
>When does the official comic come out, again?
June/July, if memory serves.
>>
>>2243666
>how he always has to be making a noise of some sort or acting spastic

You mean like ruining one of the most tense scenes of the entire show when Korra decides to give herself over to Zaheer and the other plot how to rescue her and the airbenders?
>>
>>2243669
>That's PTSD for you.
How come no one else in the series got that despite most of them having fucked up childhoods and being the victim to things beyond their control unlike Korra who had control in all those situations?

>>2243671
>You mean like ruining one of the most tense scenes of the entire show when Korra decides to give herself over to Zaheer and the other plot how to rescue her and the airbenders?
That never sat well with me. Why didn't they send Suyin to go get back her daughter during the hostage trade? Like her ability to detect living things with earthbending would have shown that suddenly everyone weighed the same and was made of water. Or even send Lin there. Mako and Asami and Bolin were the least suited for going to get people back.
>>
>>2243653
>I think that's just something we've come to assume. It's given in the synopsis that when they return they find a shady corporate type already trying to take advantage of the portal. I think we'll see at least a little of their SW galpal adventures.
You may be right. Either that or the SW panels are flashbacks, and the comic does indeed start as soon as they come back.

>>2243653
>What do you bet his story will culminate in foiling a Triad plot to kidnap the FN princess?
Damn it. It makes no sense, will bloat whatever plot is there, and would showcase Mako as studly hero. Suddenly odds of it happening have risen drastically.

>>2243662
>Korra doesn't hold grudges. Granted she didn't forgive Zaheer, she doesn't have anything against him and was scared of him despite their strength difference and how he has no power over her. Kuvira and Korra wouldn't be besties but Aang got along with Zuko despite their interactions.
There's a world of difference between empathizing with someone, and forgiving them, and becoming bosom buddies. Korra empathizes, sure, that's a huge part of her character arc. But the only people Korra seems to actively forgive are those she loves - Tonraq, Mako, her cousins, even Tenzin to a degree. As much as she's comes to terms with Zaheer or mourns Unalaq, there's no indication she's forgiven them. Do I think Korra actively hates Kuvira? No. But in no way do I see her reaching out and becoming friends, especially taking into consideration Asami's feelings (which we have canonically seen Korra be very protective of).

And you can't really liken Kuvira with Zuko, though they might hold some surface similarities. Fanon belief that Korvira would mirror Zukaang is a reach that conveniently forgets just how bad Kuvira's actions were, and just how little "excuse" she had for them.
>>
>>2243697
>How come no one else in the series got that despite most of them having fucked up childhoods and being the victim to things beyond their control unlike Korra who had control in all those situations?
Not how PTSD works, but that aside, it's alarming that you somehow think whatever suffering the other characters experienced is somehow on par with the wringer that Korra gets put through, multiple times, in a rather short period of time.
>>
File: korrasami_by_juliatorjak-d8gs0ba.jpg (169KB, 1024x820px) Image search: [Google]
korrasami_by_juliatorjak-d8gs0ba.jpg
169KB, 1024x820px
>>2243658
>Bryan said this piece of art of his is from something official, and is much bigger than what is shown.
Yeah, we never got a follow up to that, did we? Fingers crossed it's for the actual comic.
>>
File: Korra Hero of the South.jpg (164KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Korra Hero of the South.jpg
164KB, 500x500px
>>2243697
>How come no one else in the series got that despite most of them having fucked up childhoods and being the victim to things beyond their control unlike Korra who had control in all those situations?

Honestly, because they didn't want to tell a story like that in AtLA, and in Korra, the only seasons they made where they would have enough time to develop the story were three and four. As for why it was Korra; that's the most dramatic choice. They always tried to parallel her spiritual growth with overcoming more physical threats. It just took them until then to make it work.
>>
>>2243699
>Damn it. It makes no sense, will bloat whatever plot is there, and would showcase Mako as studly hero. Suddenly odds of it happening have risen drastically.

He'll do this while simultaneously cracking the case of the corrupt business that's taken over the real estate of the portal. Bolin will bup into a cabinet in some hideout and knock the plans out and only master detective Mako will be able to decode them.

Why am I annoying myself like this?

>But in no way do I see her reaching out and becoming friends, especially taking into consideration Asami's feelings (which we have canonically seen Korra be very protective of).
Exactly this. Image title from 2015 relevant.
>>
File: Bryan Anniversary.jpg (891KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bryan Anniversary.jpg
891KB, 1080x1080px
>>2243702
>whatever suffering the other characters experienced is somehow on par with the wringer that Korra gets put through, multiple times, in a rather short period of time.
It's amazing she overcomes Amon and Unalaq so well, considering the shit that happens to her. Sure, Amon's damage was deus Aang machina'd away, but the experiences of both were pretty horrifying. I guess season three got to focus on the actual aftermath of the battle because there didn't need to be a terrible romance confirmation/destruction scene with Mako.

>>2243704
No way Bryan is going to let the first official Korrasami kiss be drawn by someone other than him. I bet my thumbs there will be official art of them kissing by Bryan in the comic.
>>
>>2243658
>>2243704
>Fingers crossed it's for the actual comic.

Looks to me like Korra's showing off the spirit world to Asami. IIRC, back when this was drawn, Bryan likely already knew that Britney Williams was dropped from the comic. Hopefully this appears in the new one.
>>
File: tumblr_ojowc67Vcb1tryiqco1_540.jpg (482KB, 538x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojowc67Vcb1tryiqco1_540.jpg
482KB, 538x810px
>>2243758
>but the experiences of both were pretty horrifying.
Korra has repeatedly had her bending/connection to Raava ripped away (in very overtly mentally/emotionally/physically damaging ways), all while combating personal self esteem/worth issues while everyone and their bratty kids dump on her, telling her what a shit avatar she is. Even Teflon wouldn't walk away from Korra's experiences without some damage. As much as I enjoyed AtLA, Aang didn't have to go through half the shit Korra did. LoK got really dark when it came to Korra's lows, but as you pointed out, the dumb romance/deus ex machinas of Books 1&2 completely undersell her experiences.

>>2243761
I think around the time that sketch came out there was also a similar mock-up of a Korrasami figure? It got the Makorrafags all in a tizzy screaming about how the pose was sexist/racist/homophobic and compared it to Conan the Barbarian comic covers. Damn, they were just so entertaining. I hope the comics get them riled back up, we could always use a few more good laughs.
>>
File: 584.jpg (86KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
584.jpg
86KB, 1080x1080px
>>2243658
>Now that I think about it, Bryan said this piece of art of his is from something official, and is much bigger than what is shown

Maybe it's to do with that Mondo figure we haven't heard from in awhile?
https://www.instagram.com/p/8azB8UFxht/
>>
>>2243875
Asami looks like a disney princess there
>>
File: disneyfied.png (349KB, 461x600px) Image search: [Google]
disneyfied.png
349KB, 461x600px
>>2243922
>Asami looks like a disney princess there
Well...
>>
>>2243791
>As much as I enjoyed AtLA, Aang didn't have to go through half the shit Korra did
Or if he did, it was resolved in one episode, and Aang reset back to Aang prime from the iceberg. Katara's beef with Zuko is drawn out longer than Aang's grief at his civilisation being allegedly genocided, or his recovery from being murdered to death by Azula. With the exception of his desire not to kill Ozai, most of Aang's problems slide off his back. Korra otoh, even when things work out, still has repercussions. She saves humanity in the most literal sense at the end of book two. Two weeks later, she's got an ungrateful populace of RC (even though the rest of the world loves her), and has Raiko looking to scapegoat her

>the dumb romance/deus ex machinas of Books 1&2 completely undersell her experiences
Yes. It felt like she needed to regain her abilities at the end of book one, just so she could be worthy of precious Mako. At the end of book two, her final, definitive, no-backsies, piss-on-its-grave break-up with Mako is framed as more disheartening than almost anything that happened to Aang. It is nice that it's used for Korra's sake, to display her maturity, and two weeks later, she's completely over it, and galpal-ing around with Asami.
>>
File: Kisses animated.gif (1MB, 570x414px) Image search: [Google]
Kisses animated.gif
1MB, 570x414px
>>2243791
>>2243875
> It got the Makorrafags all in a tizzy screaming about how the pose was sexist/racist/homophobic and compared it to Conan the Barbarian comic covers

Are you shitting me? What part f that image makes Asami look like Korra's conquest? Asami is sitting on a log; not clutching Korra's waist or legs as she crawls or kneels. And Korra's hand on her shoulder is a supportive gesture; not a possessive one. Raava, they really were looking for any excuse to complain. As I recall, most Korrasami fans went apeshit happy for this.

Re: the figure itself, that was just a prototype design. It's not a production model. I'd like Korra's face to look a little more feminine. If this or something like it gets released, expect it to be around the comic's release, when interest is back up.
The whole production is a shitshow considering how long they've waited for official merch. This should all have been available in early 2015. As it stands, that cool Lin figure is sold out, the initial Korra statue is too. I've ordered the second (larger, nicer) Zwyer Korra figure for myself, but Nick are so shit at this, I doubt we'll ever get figures of other characters.
>>
File: tumblr_noi5ffT7SP1s8w1h3o1_1280.jpg (125KB, 1280x677px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noi5ffT7SP1s8w1h3o1_1280.jpg
125KB, 1280x677px
>>2243165
>We were mostly just rooting for an end that didn't torpedo Korrasami.
That was all I wanted. Suffice it to say, I was more than happy with what we got.
>>
I rarely come to /u/ and I basically only come for korra, but I love how people are able to have a discussion about the series instead of just shitting on it like /co/
>>
File: tumblr_oead11ySHe1tpq6sdo1_1280.jpg (239KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oead11ySHe1tpq6sdo1_1280.jpg
239KB, 1280x1280px
>>2244118
We've had a few refugees from /co/ come over here in the past couple of years. It really is a indictment of the "comics & cartoons" board that you have to come to the board about lesbian porn to discuss the show beyond bashing it and jerking off all over AtLA..
>>
File: Drunk Korra.png (405KB, 599x775px) Image search: [Google]
Drunk Korra.png
405KB, 599x775px
>>2242914
>But what was I thinking it was going to be? It's my own fault, really.

Get off of /u/, Korra. You're drunk.
>>
File: tumblr_ojsbs5KSbi1u16a9no1_1280.jpg (216KB, 1280x1685px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojsbs5KSbi1u16a9no1_1280.jpg
216KB, 1280x1685px
>>2244056
>Are you shitting me? What part f that image makes Asami look like Korra's conquest?
I shit you not. Apparently Korra "masculinely" standing over "demure, sitting" Asami with her hand possessively on her shoulder makes Korra out to be the stereotypical muscle head "butch" which also feeds into the "brown is savage" trope, so therefor that pose manages to be racist, sexist, and homophobic all in one. I really should have taken screencaps. Frankly I'm surprised there are any Makorrashippers left, I figured they would have abandoned ship from sheer embarrassment. I don't think any other fandom's ship has ever been the punchline of so many meme jokes within such a short period of time.

>>2244118
We've generally covered most there is to discuss - the months following the finale we blazed through 1000+ posts so currently a lot of the discussion tends to be rehashes or go in circles.

But pretty much all the neechans here are open to discussing the show despite that, although we are much more dismissive/less willing to rise to the bait of certain /co/-like arguments than we were before.

Once we get new content the threads/discussion will really pick back up. Hell, a good portion of my anticipation for the comics is looking forward to the unusually good conversations to be found here.
>>
>>2244207
Well, you know, Makorra is actually the progressive queer pairing while Korrasami is so heteronormative it's positively feudal.
>>
>>2243791
>As much as I enjoyed AtLA, Aang didn't have to go through half the shit Korra did.
That's because the child who just wanted to play was more experienced at his job than the person who trained to do their own job. Korra went through so much shit because she caused her own problems and couldn't work them out on her journey; though that was more based on how the writers seemed to write the ending of the season first in their minds and then filled in the stuff leading up to it.
>>
>>2243388
The Korra and Asami thing was one of the biggest asspulls I've seen, so it's not like they didn't stood a chance. This show was pure unadulterated asspulls..
>>
>>2244300
All of Asami's S3 screen time was pretty much dedicated to making Korra and Asami the closest relationship between the Krew, with a few direct references to Aang and Katara's relationship. Add in S4 having Korra having only communicated with Asami during the timeskip out of the Krew members that wrote her and their interactions after they reunited and up to the last minute when they cross from being friends to lovers and it's fairly clear how the relationship was a friends to lovers deal.
>>
File: handmaiden not my fault cap.jpg (29KB, 649x226px) Image search: [Google]
handmaiden not my fault cap.jpg
29KB, 649x226px
>>2244237
>Well, you know, Makorra is actually the progressive queer pairing while Korrasami is so heteronormative it's positively feudal.

Thank you so much for reminding me of this. Easily one of the funniest things to come out of the raging Makorra butthurt. Only when you have tumblrinas that want to be both a) super progressive and b) promote a straight ship over a CANON lesbian one, could you get the level of ass-backwards mindfuckery that was "heteronormative Korrasami and queer Makorra".
>>
File: Want them to kiss cap.jpg (115KB, 1300x540px) Image search: [Google]
Want them to kiss cap.jpg
115KB, 1300x540px
>>2241699
>http://prom-knight.tumblr.com/post/155709153093/the-kiss
>multiple kisses in the first comic
>>
File: makorra spirit frogs.png (78KB, 500x233px) Image search: [Google]
makorra spirit frogs.png
78KB, 500x233px
>>2218437
>>2218444
>>2242503
>Where's this eye color thing coming from?

I know there were explanations in the last thread, but read it from the horse's mouth.
>>
File: tumblr_ojqume063B1vi36vuo1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1144px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojqume063B1vi36vuo1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1144px
>>2244207
>I shit you not. Apparently Korra "masculinely" standing over "demure, sitting" Asami with her hand possessively on her shoulder makes Korra out to be the stereotypical muscle head "butch" which also feeds into the "brown is savage" trope, so therefor that pose manages to be racist, sexist, and homophobic all in one.

100% projection, then?
>>
File: beam.png (1MB, 1280x1446px) Image search: [Google]
beam.png
1MB, 1280x1446px
>>2244300
>The Korra and Asami thing was one of the biggest asspulls I've seen, so it's not like they didn't stood a chance. This show was pure unadulterated asspulls..

Please elaborate, wise anon. I'm sure you have lots to contribute.
>>
>>2244237
>>2244331
It was also hilarious how quickly that meme jumped to every other fandom in existence.

>>2244337
Oh lord, it's so much better than I remember it. I have not come across quite that somewhat paradoxical combination of sheer desperation and utter confidence since.
>>
File: Post Reunion Korrasami.jpg (252KB, 1280x1686px) Image search: [Google]
Post Reunion Korrasami.jpg
252KB, 1280x1686px
>>2244274
>Korra went through so much shit because she caused her own problems

I really don't see how that works outside of season two, where she was being tricked in a direct parallel to how Wan was.
>>
>>2244274
>>2244300
It's comments like these I was talking about here:
>>2244207
>we are much more dismissive/less willing to rise to the bait of certain /co/-like arguments than we were before.
>>
>>2244337
>anonymous
It's not nearly as fun as trying to go to an actual user's page and see that they no longer reblog/post anything about the show.

Anyone can say anything anonymously. And any anonymous person can agree with someone else anonymously.
Then again that's also probably why Mike and Bryan closed their ask boxes seeing as how they'd be getting nothing but hate and sometimes actual critique of their work other than the yes-men they surrounded themselves with during their Korra time.

>>2244315
>with a few direct references to Aang and Katara's relationship.
Katara and Aang interacted beyond just standing next to each other and uselessly getting tax money from Mad Max extras. And we never see if there is a response sent out from Asami to Korra, as communication is a two-way street.

They needed substance but instead only put forth window dressing.
>>
File: makorra fan comic news cap.jpg (31KB, 272x351px) Image search: [Google]
makorra fan comic news cap.jpg
31KB, 272x351px
>>2244341
>It was also hilarious how quickly that meme jumped to every other fandom in existence.
How could it not. It's like Captain America hailing Hydra. It's too dumb and wrongheaded not to exploit.

>Oh lord, it's so much better than I remember it. I have not come across quite that somewhat paradoxical combination of sheer desperation and utter confidence since.
I'm mad at myself for not saving more caps.
>>
File: NOTICE ME SENPAI!.gif (770KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
NOTICE ME SENPAI!.gif
770KB, 500x281px
>>2244345
>other than the yes-men they surrounded themselves with
They didn't surround themselves with any one in book one. It was all them writing it. Book two was mess; the result of too many cooks. Book three was where they found the happy medium where the "yes men" apparently took control.

>Katara and Aang interacted beyond just standing next to each other
Yeah, Katara even fell for him at thanks to writer's fiat.
I don't know where to begin with this shit, then. Asami's the one that comforts korra throughout the two week time-skip. We join them galpalling around RC with Asami teaching Korra to drive and clearing the air over Mako, but I guess that's just standing beside one another. Asami volunteers her time to go on Korra and Tenzin's quest for her sake. Korra goes out of her way to impress Asami at Mako's expense. Asami's shown to be the on Korra goes to when she's angry and helps her let off steam. Asami's the one she brings with her when she only needs one person. Asami's the one shown staring so much at meditating Korra that Mako has to repeat himself to her. Asami's looks more devastated at anything she ever has when she's unable to protect comatose Korra. Asami goes out of her way to impress Korra. Asami volunteers to stare at Korra for hours. Asami looks like she's going to break down crying throughout the rescue mission. Asami is the most distraught after Korra's father when Korra looks like she'll die. Asami is the one taking care of Korra and offering to do anything for her. Asami is the only one that wants to go to the SWT with Korra. Asami is the only one Korra fucking talks to the entire time down there, spilling her guts. Asami is the one that looks most devastated when Korra isn't on the boat. Korra not being on the boat effects Asami to the point where she restarts her relationship with Hiroshi...

This is getting tedious, and I'm disappointed that I rose to such weak bait. This is all before Reunion, Remembrances, and the last three eps.
>>
File: tumblr_ngwkspKQjA1qdyc0to1_1280.png (220KB, 550x688px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngwkspKQjA1qdyc0to1_1280.png
220KB, 550x688px
>>2244345
>They needed substance but instead only put forth window dressing.
I'm a warrior... and a girl too!
>>
File: tumblr_o04rpcyj751rz8zs3o1_1280.jpg (450KB, 900x770px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o04rpcyj751rz8zs3o1_1280.jpg
450KB, 900x770px
>>2244347
>I'm mad at myself for not saving more caps.

I wish there was a Hall of Anal Devastation archive for Makorra fans like there was for NaruSaku fans.
>>
>>2244343
>Why won't they just agree with all my bitching?!
>This isn't like /co/ at all!
>>
>>2244361
I love all the /co/ refugees who turned up here for discussion and ended up staying, but there is a special place in my heart for Concerned.
>>
File: tumblr_nm3icnpEcW1rb5e48o1_1280.png (679KB, 820x1591px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm3icnpEcW1rb5e48o1_1280.png
679KB, 820x1591px
>>2244367
>there is a special place in my heart for Concerned.

I'm certain two (perhaps even three) anons have bore the mantle over the past two years. The original Concerned was fun because he acknowledged how much they fucked up with Mako in season one but still blamed Korra.
>>
File: sport lesbians.jpg (32KB, 540x737px) Image search: [Google]
sport lesbians.jpg
32KB, 540x737px
>>2244377
>Just the MC not getting his first pick. Like Korra, I suppose.

If the MC was acting retarded while making that first pic, it's for the better in the long run.
>>
>>2244388
Goddamnit, Varrick ;_;
>>
>>2244431
Korra was acting like a straight girl in season 1. She was acting retarded in season 2.
>>
File: tumblr_nh2ipfFm051rziedxo1_1280.jpg (388KB, 1280x1761px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh2ipfFm051rziedxo1_1280.jpg
388KB, 1280x1761px
>>2244455
>Korra was acting like a straight girl in season 1. She was acting retarded in season 2.

Book two Korra gets a really bad rap, and I don't think it's entirely deserved. She was acting betrayed, angry and lost in season two. Unalaq had her wrapped around his finger.
Korra acting so emotionally and often petulantly, combined with the confusing and confused story, and almost nobody in the massive cast acting likable (save Varrick, Tenzin & Asami), made people turn on Korra. I did too, when I was watching. I wished we could go back to the Korra that arrived in RC, not the one whose life revolves around Mako and Unalaq.

In season one, all the weight of the implications of Amon, his background and the equalists has to take a backseat to whether Korra realises dreamy Mako is ready to accept her devotion to him.
>>
>>2244726
>and almost nobody in the massive cast acting likable (save Varrick, Tenzin & Asami)

A character doesn't have to be likeable. You just have to understand them. And it is difficult to understand anyone in season 2, even the three you mentioned.

Korra initially felt betrayed, angry and lost but given the journey she should have been able to resolve things given what she learned and yet things STILL were apparently beyond her. It should not have been that way given what we are shown and told. So she does end up coming across as retarded, and so do the people she surrounds herself with in the run. But, then since they don't learn anything or face any consequences it makes it seem like only Korra was wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_ngtjij2fg31qk5drio1_1280.jpg (578KB, 700x850px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngtjij2fg31qk5drio1_1280.jpg
578KB, 700x850px
>>2241699
>http://prom-knight.tumblr.com/post/155709153093/the-kiss
>multiple kisses in the first comic

"First comic". She does sort of confirm that there are already more comics in the works. Dark Horse is apparently confident enough to order a second off the bat.
>>
File: 54094938_p0.jpg (231KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
54094938_p0.jpg
231KB, 900x720px
>>2244928
>A character doesn't have to be likeable. You just have to understand them.
Yes, and in this respect, even if Korra, Mako and Bolin's actions were understandable, they were a miserable slog to watch. "Mako and Korra don't get along and are mutually awful to one another?" Sure but don't make that take up half of the MC's screentime and make it the MC's prime motivator for going off alone.
While you're at it don't say that want the audience to side with Korra while doing everything possible to frame Mako as the sensible one, even as he's being a cunt. Lin also had to be made into a retard for Mako's sake, and that's actually the most egregiously OOC anyone's ever been in this show.

>given the journey she should have been able to resolve things given what she learned and yet things STILL were apparently beyond her
I get the impression they really felt proud of themselves for the idea to have Korra turn into a babby in the SW and have to go on a quest to mature. But they had ALREADY shown her go on a separate spirit quest to see how her actions were mirrored in Wan, and experience her past self overcoming their mistakes. When she shows up, contrite, at the Air Temple, she is being mature and calm - moreso than Tenzin or his loser siblings. SO I agree it feels like a confusing dial back to have her go on ANOTHER spirit quest so soon.

It feels like four competing writers all wanted to get their own little interpretations of Korra's story in.
>>
>>2244930
Pretty it was announced as a three part story much like the AtLA comics.
>>
File: tumblr_od5pcwTr0c1uodalio1_1280.jpg (110KB, 1000x793px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od5pcwTr0c1uodalio1_1280.jpg
110KB, 1000x793px
>>2245000
>Pretty it was announced as a three part story much like the AtLA comics.

Is that so? It's good that we'll get at least three parts. Otoh, it's bad that we'll only get three parts.
>>
>>2245072
>Otoh, it's bad that we'll only get three parts.
There would only be three parts if they determine that no one is buying the product and backlash is too strong.

Luckily lesbians love to buy comic books of a children's show written by a man and will spread the word to all their friends and family who don't shun them to check out this piece of writing.
>>
File: tumblr_nzmk55C4mp1uyvsmco1_1280.jpg (323KB, 1280x1760px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzmk55C4mp1uyvsmco1_1280.jpg
323KB, 1280x1760px
>>2245078
>and backlash is too strong.

You realise the few salty Makorrafags left combined with the might of /co/ aren't enough to cause a "backlash", right?

If the comics fail it'll be a combo of apathy (thanks to coming out so long after the finale) and lack of promotion, not a few butthurt - but terribly Concerned - readers.
>>
File: tumblr_ojuamrvQvf1updzkro1_1280.png (727KB, 1080x1650px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojuamrvQvf1updzkro1_1280.png
727KB, 1080x1650px
>>2243667
>When does the official comic come out, again?

June. And oh boy, are they playing up the lesbian angle.
>>
>>2245093
backlash from korrasami if they do something to mess up the relationship in their eyes
>>
File: tumblr_nnmfc0nCrx1rwejmso1_1280.jpg (355KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnmfc0nCrx1rwejmso1_1280.jpg
355KB, 900x810px
>>2245150
>backlash from korrasami if they do something to mess up the relationship in their eyes

As long as they don't break up/have one die/revert characterisation to season one, I'll be golden.

N-none of those things will happen, right?
>>
>>2245150
The only way to do that I think would be to split them up (not gonna happen) or turn them into Book 2 Makorra (extremely unlikely, Book 2 Makorra was explicitly written that way to break them up). Any "problematic" issues that arise with Korrasami will only be pounced upon by the Makorrafags, and lets be real, literally no one can take them seriously. Even if they raise a valid point, they're the epitome of the boy who cried wolf. Who the hell is gonna take them at their word after all the bizarre shit they "protested?"

>>2245214
>N-none of those things will happen, right?
I think we're safe, neechan. Plot (and maybe a little bit of individual characterization) is my biggest worry. Korrasami as a couple will be fine.
>>
File: O4d30e1.jpg (374KB, 832x808px) Image search: [Google]
O4d30e1.jpg
374KB, 832x808px
>>2245256
>Even if they raise a valid point, they're the epitome of the boy who cried wolf. Who the hell is gonna take them at their word after all the bizarre shit they "protested?"
/co/ would, if it meant they had something to criticise, but that's about it.

>Plot (and maybe a little bit of individual characterization) is my biggest worry. Korrasami as a couple will be fine.
I wonder if they're using the script Mike said he would have done by Autumn 2015? I kind of hope they did, so that Mike was in a headspace where he had their characterisation consistent with that he wrote in the show.
>>
I kind of want to see a Paperman-esque fanart of them.
>>
File: going down.jpg (242KB, 849x1506px) Image search: [Google]
going down.jpg
242KB, 849x1506px
>>2245347
Paperman?
>>
>>2244995
>While you're at it don't say that want the audience to side with Korra while doing everything possible to frame Mako as the sensible one

They wanted to replicate the formula for Aang's group by reducing everyone down to base level. Mako is the smart one, Bolin is the funny one, Korra is the heart. They can be nothing else.
But they forget that every person in Aang's group could be more than their base character. Aang could come up with solutions that didn't make things worse. Sokka didn't just crack jokes. And Katara wasn't just a mother.

Also the most egregiously OOC anyone was was Varrick who suddenly backed out of making weapons despite wanting his tribe to go to war with their sister tribe, sell weapons to the north despite telling Korra to be wary of Unalaq, sabotage the group despite saying he wanted to help, and deliberately hide out with Su Yin.

>SO I agree it feels like a confusing dial back to have her go on ANOTHER spirit quest so soon.
That's not the extent of the stupidity I was talking about though, even if we agree.
She knows that both portals need to be opened. Even if she thinks Unalaq can open the other one, how is closing the opened one going to change anything if once she stops meditating Unalaq can just open it again?
Why go into the spirit world if Unalaq can open them back up and undo her closing them?

And I have reached an answer that is just as stupid as the finale. They needed to show that meditation can influence the physical world. That way they could show Korra's giant spirit is able to interact with the world around her and punch things and use bending...despite not having a body with bending like the meditation parts with in the first place.
So they write the ending first, and then fill in the spaces up to the last episodes of each season. That's ass backwards and could have been shown differently.

They sabotage their own show just to satisfy the plot in their heads. And they did this for all four seasons.
>>
>>2245470
It's a really good Disney short that went before Wreck-It Ralph in cinemas.

https://vimeo.com/179477092
>>
>>2245597
>>2245347
I feel like such a situation falls short given that Korra is a master bender.
>>
>>2245731
If only she was a master debater.
>>
File: tumblr_ntk3my7W8x1rkcev7o3_500.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntk3my7W8x1rkcev7o3_500.gif
2MB, 500x280px
Been rewatching Book One. I have to say, the Makorra/Masami romances are FAR less justified by the narrative than Korrasami was. It really make me laugh at people bitching about the latter. Korra falls for Mako at first sight. Mako falls for Asami at first sight. Asami was ready to fuck the first probender that would give her the time of day. I'm less frustrated with the probending than I was the first time I watched it. I just decided to enjoy the spectacle of it. But the romance dragging on beyond the initial clearing of the air is unforgivable. Also, for all the hate I used to given him, Mako really is a nothing character in Book One. There's so little too him that when his meagre characterisation entirely flipflops between episodes, you can't be sure which one is OOC. He exists just to be Korra's prize, but because she gets over him pretty early on, the dragged on romance is from his POV, so it make Korra and Asami look like his prizes instead.
I cannot believe people looked at that first season and deduced Mako was more important than Tenzin, Lin, Asami or Tarlokk.

Other notes, Seychelle sounds way younger as Asami in book one, which is probably good voice direction. Asami's personality also shines through surprisingly well given how much they love to frame her (and indeed everyone) to the side of Mako.
Also, the firsts eaosn plays out ina similar vein to the fourth, with the villain gradually growing in menace only to win a huge midpoint victory, and disappear for a number of eps.

The season is better than I remember it, but then again, I've only rewatched eight episodes. I'm well aware that the show is about to head down shit avenue **give her some space!**.
>>
>>2245748
>If only she was a master debater.

Three years separated from your peers. Only your parents and your past self's octogenarian wife to keep you company... yeah... I think she's covered there.
>>
>>2245584
>They sabotage their own show just to satisfy the plot in their heads. And they did this for all four seasons.

And you were going so well.
>>
File: soccer nick game.jpg (149KB, 933x1024px) Image search: [Google]
soccer nick game.jpg
149KB, 933x1024px
>>2243564
TBF it was pretty fun and easy to pick up so that never hurt.
>>
File: tea, m'lord.gif (856KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tea, m'lord.gif
856KB, 500x281px
>>2246071
Let's be honest, we were all so hyped after the finale we would've played a tea ceremony game if it had korrasami in it - and liked it.
>>
File: teatime.jpg (185KB, 1210x1092px) Image search: [Google]
teatime.jpg
185KB, 1210x1092px
>>2246234
This is true. But do you get to give tea to Korra under the pretence that the firebender from the South Pole who casually swims in two degree celsius water and wears a single skin tight sleeveless garment year round might be cold in the gentle sunset of the RC summer?
>>
>>2246434
Yes, if you prepare the tea correctly. The winning tagline is Korra telling Asami she's sweet. If you mess up, Tenzin barges in.

>pic
I love everything about this pic.
>>
File: Asami Upgrading.gif (948KB, 500x236px) Image search: [Google]
Asami Upgrading.gif
948KB, 500x236px
>>2246234
>>2246434
Definitely not a callback to Asami calling Mako out on wanting to get Korra tea on Air Temple Island when the latter was recovering and he had snow fever. No way, no how.
>>
>>2246516
>Yes, if you prepare the tea correctly. The winning tagline is Korra telling Asami she's sweet. If you mess up, Tenzin barges in.

Too perfect.
>>
File: tumblr_ni3b2rHcTh1sp08y5o1_1280.png (2MB, 1225x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni3b2rHcTh1sp08y5o1_1280.png
2MB, 1225x1920px
Would Korra wear blue or white on her wedding?
>>
>>2245799
I'm rewatching season one too and I'm loving almost everything about the show.

It feels like I'm stereotypical /u/ here but it feels like Korra and Mako have multiple asides that take the focus off of what it should be for good narrative flow and puts it on their relationship instead. It feels more disruptive to me than even Bolin's comedy act does later on, (perhaps I'll flip on that once it gets worse though). The relationship issue really was the cause of most of the shows early problems for me, especially because it happened before we knew the characters and thus feels like it wasn't really earned by the narrative.

>I cannot believe people looked at that first season and deduced Mako was more important than Tenzin, Lin, Asami or Tarlokk.

To be fair the show constantly focusing on him even in times when it's not his turn for narrative focus primes the audience to feel this way. It's often framed like he's important.

Episode 5 is still the worst and episode 7 is still the best. They really handled Asami's episode quite well (even if it was because they originally planned for her to be a spy).

Really wish they had committed more to making the equalists and Amon a moral conflict. Turning Amon full fraud really declawed an interesting concept to tackle in universe.

It's still a good rewatch though especially because I love looking at Korra's early character from the perspective of knowing how she grows in the later show. Tenzin's a pretty well handled character from the beginning in my opinion, and has definitely been the other highlight for me.
>>
>tfw you just want to read some tyzula fics but nothing current is any good or it's just a side pairing for a fucking zutara fic.

Fuck.
>>
>>2246434
>This is true. But do you get to give tea to Korra under the pretence that the firebender from the South Pole who casually swims in two degree celsius water and wears a single skin tight sleeveless garment year round might be cold in the gentle sunset of the RC summer?

To be fair, it's not like Korra ever takes off her leggings, buttcape, nor boots. We don't even know if she wears socks with those not-Ugg shoes. For all we know she has a medical condition where her temperature fluctuates or has bad circulation to her legs. And it's not like she's as gifted as a moonless psychic bloodbender to get her blood flowing.
>>
>>2246544
>wear blue or white on her wedding
>focusing on Korra during a happy moment for her

Don't you want to know what Varrick and Zhu Li are wearing?
>>
Well I know already one thing the comics will disappoint in: They'll never be able to top Korra bending the beam of the spirit cannon.
>>
File: Tyzula kissu~.png (848KB, 1200x751px) Image search: [Google]
Tyzula kissu~.png
848KB, 1200x751px
>>2246768
>just a side pairing for a fucking zutara fic.

...WHY?!
>>
>>2246816
>We don't even know if she wears socks with those not-Ugg shoes.

Her season four boots were far more sensible for living in RC.
>>
>>2246817
>Don't you want to know what Varrick and Zhu Li are wearing?
Fuck off Bryke, I swear to Raava
>>
File: MIR shipped it.jpg (64KB, 960x573px) Image search: [Google]
MIR shipped it.jpg
64KB, 960x573px
>>2246647
>I'm rewatching season one too and I'm loving almost everything about the show.
Yeah, I'm taking my time with it, so I've watched two more eps since last time, and it's better than I remember. The animation, Lin coming into her own. Amon's menace. Korra being way more competent than /co/'s stereotyping.

>it feels like Korra and Mako have multiple asides that take the focus off of what it should be for good narrative flow and puts it on their relationship instead
Very much this. It feels artificial. Like it was written separately or mandated by an outsider and clumsily grafted into an existing story.

>it happened before we knew the characters and thus feels like it wasn't really earned by the narrative.
I still don't know why Mako liked Korra beyond her being hot. Seriously, I don't know what he likes about her. I know what season four Mako likes about her, or at least what he told Wu, but not this one.

>It's often framed like he's important.
Yes, and there's disconnect between that and his actual involvement/investment in the story taking place. As you say, it convinced some people he was important, while A LOT of viewers felt he was being shoved down their throats.
Mako is like an overpowered Suki with 1000% more screentime, but with Aang and Sokka both immediately falling for her.

>Episode 5 is still the worst and episode 7 is still the best
For sheer spectacle and for ripping off Game of Thrones, ep6 trumps ep7, but the latter is really great. It's a pity Mako is shoved front and centre again in a moment about Asami, Lin and Korra.

>Really wish they had committed more to making the equalists and Amon a moral conflict.
It pissed all over their own story having Amon's reveal end the Equalists' cause. Season two could really have followed on from this, but they screwed the polar bear pooch.
>>
File: 34 & 35.jpg (449KB, 800x1353px) Image search: [Google]
34 & 35.jpg
449KB, 800x1353px
>>2246647
>It's still a good rewatch though
Eps 2~5 are the worst slog, with the focus on probending (nice to look at but with no stakes) and the brothers. However, if they had kept the romance confined to these eps, it would have a worthwhile sacrifice.

>especially because I love looking at Korra's early character from the perspective of knowing how she grows in the later show.
I'll give them props. She went through hellish character development. As it stand late in season one, I really enjoy where she's at. Her incoming Season Two reset to brat is going to sting.

>Tenzin's a pretty well handled character from the beginning in my opinion, and has definitely been the other highlight for me.
Absolutely. He provides pathos while also giving us much better humour than anything Bolin or Meelo have to offer. his parallels with Korra are excellent.
>>
>>2246860
>that pic
Is this loss?

But seriously she's still got the pants and buttcape. She can regulate her temperature with two elements.
Just show us your midriff already.

>>2246005
What did I do?
>>
>>2246859
Because Zutarans are awful people.
>>
>>2246873
I'm not looking forward to forcing myself though season 2.

this may be controversial here but I feel like Bolin's brand of comedy in season one is mostly on the level of Atla comedy, it's a little more out of place in Korra's universe but not too egregious. Meelo though... I hate that Jinora comes to Lin's rescue with a terrible one liner after air temple island is assaulted but when Meelo starts farting on chi blockers all the tension in what started off as a great scene was truly lost. (Ikki is the only air baby that pretty much always works for me.)

>>2246870
I agree that Mako feels a lot like an editor or producer created or pushed character.

Even Mako's character suffers to fill the quota, at the end of episode 7 he needs to be told by Korra to comfort his girlfriend just so they can have a moment together in the aftermath. At least he takes the idiot ball more than Asami does in that episode, but that just makes it more annoying he gets focus at all.

>I still don't know why Mako liked Korra beyond her being hot

Personally I'd say there's enough there for most of Mako's early hot /cold attraction towards Korra, she's hot and more competent than other girls he knows, intimidating in status but approachable in nature, she helps save his team and helps save his brother, episode 5 is a travesty, it's all shallow and none of it is actually any good (nor is his character very consistent) but the explanation is kind of there. There really isn't much to explain his sudden switch to obsessive behaviour after he's been dating Asami though. All three characters kind of warp to the roles written for them after that starts happening. Only think I can think of it that he's got a Hero/Damsel complex?
>>
File: tumblr_nmmjltrwnJ1tfmft1o1_1280.jpg (425KB, 800x2142px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmmjltrwnJ1tfmft1o1_1280.jpg
425KB, 800x2142px
>>2246860
God damn it she's so cute.

I can see more "urban" clothing sneaking into her wardrobe the longer she dates Asami.
>>
>>2246768
Well, at least it's not Tyzula as a side pairing for Zucest, right?
>>
>>2246962
One of the recent fics is actually that.
>>
>>2246982
Yeah, I've seen a few like that.

Although, thinking about it now, Zucest is much better than Zutara.
>>
>>2246942
Season one Bolin is fine, because he has an organic reason to be there as a probender and someone with low-level mob ties. After that he just takes on whatever role the plot demands, and since he has no connection to his surroundings, the one thing he can do is provide mood-breaking comedy. Really, the thing they should have done is write out Mako and Bolin, or at least keep them in Republic City after Mako and Korra broke up.
>>
>>2246876
>Just show us your midriff already.

She can't, because what we think of as a top is just the upper portion of a leotard.
>>
File: da14470b2cfb06249eb14783d204a309.jpg (877KB, 800x2440px) Image search: [Google]
da14470b2cfb06249eb14783d204a309.jpg
877KB, 800x2440px
I swear if this isn't going to be how it's to be in the comic canon I'm gonna choke a bitch
>>
File: Ty Lee ridden like pony.jpg (198KB, 1236x1134px) Image search: [Google]
Ty Lee ridden like pony.jpg
198KB, 1236x1134px
>>2246982
>One of the recent fics is actually that.

Absolute cancer.
>>
File: korra sad 493 - folder 5.png (498KB, 1065x718px) Image search: [Google]
korra sad 493 - folder 5.png
498KB, 1065x718px
>>2247134
>tfw entire SW gaycation is left up to the imagination
>>
>>2247326
You shouldn't ride ponies like that.
>>
>>2247075
Wtf? Their faces
>>
File: tumblr_ojur1pwIYK1rm5hgoo1_1280.png (225KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojur1pwIYK1rm5hgoo1_1280.png
225KB, 800x800px
>>2246942
>I feel like Bolin's brand of comedy in season one is mostly on the level of Atla comedy
The real difference is that Bolin doesn't have Sokka's charisma (who carried the humor in AtLA). But even Sokka wouldn't fit in the more sombre world of LoK. Tenzin, and Korra herself, bring some appropriate chuckles. Bolin doesn't feel like the heart of the group either, being excluded from the inane love triangle that runs through the second half of the season.

>I hate that Jinora comes to Lin's rescue with a terrible one liner after air temple island is assaulted but when Meelo starts farting on chi blockers all the tension in what started off as a great scene was truly lost.
The airbabies casually disposing of the Equalists also serves to make everyone else look incompetent, heroes and villains. Meelo was never funny. Jinora was fine in S1. I think that may be a case of your foreknowledge of what she becomes poisoning the well against her.

>atend of episode 7 he needs to be told by Korra to comfort his girlfriend just so they can have a moment together
Bear in mind, his first thought is to find out if Tenzin's offer he turned down was still open. He has to be fucking told to support Asami. Korra was genuinely thinking of Asami more than Mako was. (And oh boy, did PVB nail the earlier "No, Asami. I'll go and find out FOR you" condescension.)

>isn't much to explain his sudden switch to obsessive behaviour after he's been dating Asami
Bryke didn't intend it, but it happens right after Asami loses her fortune and her ability to house and support Mako and his brother. Korra is now his provider by proxy. Like he told Bolin, "Asami was the smart choice", but circumstances changed, and he started being blatantly touchy with Korra in front of Asami to the point where she had to break up with him, and gets rewarded. When Korra slightly gets in the way if his career aspirations in book two, he drops her like a stone. Bryke wrote an utter cunt, and framed him as a hero.
>>
File: tumblr_ojwy0nP3Q01uls7t9o1_500.jpg (247KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojwy0nP3Q01uls7t9o1_500.jpg
247KB, 500x700px
>>2246942
Even back in season one, we see Mako and Korra always passing the buck when they're blamed for something. Korra blames Tenzin when she's feeling frustrated and lashes out. Mako blames Bolin when Asami calls him out on kissing Korra. Mako and Korra blame each other for setbacks in probending, and for hurting Bolin.

Save an outburst at Katara, which was understandable at the time, and for which she immediately apologises, older Korra matures past this almost entirely. Except for when she reunites with our old chum, Mako. Then they both revert to season one type. Blaming each other for Wu's kidnapping, being accusatory with each other, and acting like assholes on the train before they find Wu.

>All three characters kind of warp to the roles written for them after that starts happening. Only thing I can think of it that he's got a Hero/Damsel complex?
He drops Asami like a stone in book one when she needs support most, but she was strong-willed, and powered by anger at Hiroshi. When she's facing similar despair in the second season, but is emotionally broken rather than strong, Mako's season one boner comes back. I think he has a problem with strong women which is why Lin needs to whip him into shape.
>>
>>2246996
>Season one Bolin is fine, because he has an organic reason to be there as a probender and someone with low-level mob ties.
He's the brother to the guy who all the girls love. Imagine if Emiya Shirou from the Fate/Stay Night had a younger brother who cracked jokes but all the important stuff happened to Shirou and the work played out the same with the girls loving Shirou.
Bolin doesn't have to exist except to bolster Mako's selfless image and make the audience cry thinking about how hard Mako's life was growing up as a single father.

Mako is a probender and someone with low-level (except being taught lightning and lightning redirection by Triad Boss Zolt because) mob ties. Bolin is an accessory.

>>2246942
>>I still don't know why Mako liked Korra beyond her being hot
She stuck with him and he likes being in charge so he found someone who can tolerate him and needs his help not killing herself.
>>
File: 13d0db6a83106d1d.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
13d0db6a83106d1d.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>>2247498
>Bolin doesn't have to exist except to bolster Mako's selfless image and make the audience cry thinking about how hard Mako's life was growing up as a single father.
Fuck, you're right. They try to present Mako as the selfless, responsible one (and it goes out the window after three episodes). There was even a cartoon on Nick before the series aired showcasing their tragic background. To contrast, we got to see Avatar Korra's background in a free comic released eighteen months after the series ended.
>>
File: Comic preview panel.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Comic preview panel.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
>>2247134
>I swear if this isn't going to be how it's to be in the comic canon I'm gonna choke a bitch

There have been a few preview pics of the SW trip released. There's another where Korra and Asami ride the dragonbird from Book Two, as well.
>>
>>2247520
At least Mako grew into his own by the end, Bolin not so much
>>
>>2247626
>At least Mako grew into his own by the end, Bolin not so much

Like someone else mentioned, Bolin was whatever job he had at that moment. His desire to learn metalbending in season three really is about the deepest we get into his head.
>>
>>2247744
>His desire to learn metalbending in season three really is about the deepest we get into his head.

Which is undone by how he never cared before despite having Lin next to him or living in RC or how he idolizes the previous Team Avatar.
It's just another thing they wrote so his voice actor could say and that they could animate.

>>2247396
>But even Sokka wouldn't fit in the more sombre world of LoK
Yes, yes he would.
Sokka would be the equivalent of a Shakespearean fool in that setting, though without the dismissal of rational thought like how the story unfolded.

>Jinora was fine in S1
You know a really adequate way to present how a parent's influence, be it intentional or not, can dictate what a child presents to their own children? Put them in a similar situation.

Tenzin is strict and uptight thinking he will, and now, has the burden of the air nomads on him. He's imparting this on his kids, the oldest which would be Jinora - if you are going to give them more children to animate and voice act and therefore spread your funds around on side characters in a 12 episode format plus commercials.

Korra can't find freedom herself, but brings it to others like Jinora. They can bond over having legacies on them, and so can Tenzin. This also lets you set Jinora up to be Jesus if you get more episodes.

Or you can just make her be Jesus in season 2, and have her take down chi blockers despite never having encountered them nor fought before ever in her life which is why everyone else lost to them so terribly on their first encounter...

Jinora in season 1 was inoffensive; she was not fine.
>>
>>2247396
>a case of your foreknowledge
yeah it partially is but prior scenes had built up the lieutenant to be nearly Lin's equal in combat and a serious threat for anybody not the avatar or a Polarbear, even superMako never got the better of him. So to have Jinora swoop in and one shot him while telling him to "get away from her fathers ex girlfriend" really started that scenes downhill slide.
I guess Airbending was always going to be OP in the atla universe.

I also sort of agree with >>2247762

Beyond that scene alone I always felt Ikki behaved like an actual child and was given proper child like reactions to things and storylines though short, that suited such a character, while Meelo and Jinora were both always skewed too far in opposite directions from where I actually want a child character to be.

>>2247396
>>2247401
I love how ice cold your descriptions of the kind of person Mako is are. I can't really argue against the validity of those interpretations either.
>>
>>2247771
>prior scenes had built up the lieutenant to be nearly Lin's equal in combat and a serious threat for anybody not the avatar or a Polarbear, even superMako never got the better of him. So to have Jinora swoop in and one shot him while telling him to "get away from her fathers ex girlfriend" really started that scenes downhill slide.
Asami managed to turn his own weapon against him - though we have no idea if he expected her to be able to defend herself. But yes, total agreement that the Lieutenant and the Equalists were given laughably bad "exits" in direct defiance of what we're shown of them earlier. Instead of Jinora the Savior and Meelo the Fart they should have just had Jinora rally her siblings into a joint effort - akin to what she did in Book 3 with the newbie airbenders. And then of course have her help Korra in a MUCH more understated way in Book 2.

>>2247771
>I always felt Ikki behaved like an actual child and was given proper child like reactions to things and storylines though short, that suited such a character, while Meelo and Jinora were both always skewed too far in opposite directions from where I actually want a child character to be.
There's a reason it's unanimous on /u/ that Ikki is best airbaby.
>>
>>2247134
Has denimcatfish done any recent Korrasami art?
>>
>>2247805
Everyone has moved on.

>>2247771
Ikki is the best of the kids by a large margin for a reason. Her voice actress can emote and she doesn't steal screen time but rather complements what is happening. Meelo was the Koreans loving stuff that farts for comedy, and Jinora is more spiritual than Old Uncle Iroh and that guru from Airbender without the journey nor experience.
>>
>>2247762
>Which is undone by how he never cared before despite having Lin next to him or living in RC or how he idolizes the previous Team Avatar.

It's interesting that this is avoided with Korra by having Suyin be the one to suggest it within a day of meeting Korra, and creates a contrast with Lin who has known Korra for more than half a year and never offered.

But suddenly Bolin is anxious and nervous about it? It would have been a good callback if there had been some time in the first season where Bolin mentions that he can't wrap his head arond metalbending. Perhaps could have been a bonding moment with Korra who was struggling with airbending. But I guess the romance was the more important thread to fleshing out the characters.

>have her take down chi blockers despite never having encountered them nor fought before ever in her life which is why everyone else lost to them so terribly on their first encounter...
>Jinora in season 1 was inoffensive; she was not fine.

That's a general criticism of the airbabies. I don't feel Jinora earns specific criticism in season one, unlike Meelo.
Perhaps I'm just being lenient because I know how bad it's going to get, and her just being a generic airbaby is tolerable in comparison.
>>
File: tumblr_nl59ioz4FN1t16ck4o1_1280.jpg (121KB, 1023x796px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl59ioz4FN1t16ck4o1_1280.jpg
121KB, 1023x796px
>>2247771
>even superMako never got the better of him
I admit to having entirely forgot that he handily beat Mako and Bolin by himself. It was nice to watch. Korra defeats him every time, which is odd because she's never won a fight.

>I guess Airbending was always going to be OP in the atla universe.
Except when it isn't, and Kuvira can apparently see and dodge it with no problem.

>I love how ice cold your descriptions of the kind of person Mako is are.
Rewatching it with a more discerning eye (and knowing how it goes down), it's easier to see behind the curtain. You can FEEL the clumsy writing surround him like an aura.

>I can't really argue against the validity of those interpretations either.
You can interpret it that way, and although Bryke have always been far too kind to him (re: consequences of being cunt), I don't think we're meant to. Remembrances frames Mako as being wishy washy and indecisive in the love triangle, and that's the takeaway Bryke want us to have. I think we're supposed to forget the cynicism and pure self-interest he displayed throughout the first two seasons when it came to Asami and Korra. Those two did. It's still disappointing that Asami didn't get to verbally rip Mako a new asshole for his treatment of her. Winning the KorraBowl is a nice substitute though.
>>
>>2247796
>And then of course have her help Korra in a MUCH more understated way in Book 2.
For one, make Kya useful by it being a joint effort and Jinora and her to get Korra into the SW. Two, no queen of the fairies Jinora. Korra finds Raava inside Unavaatu because she can sense the spirit she's been merged with for 10,000 fucking years.

>There's a reason it's unanimous on /u/ that Ikki is best airbaby.
Isn't amazing how not shoving a character down our throats and making them behave like how someone their age actually would endears them to the audience?

>>2247805
>Has denimcatfish done any recent Korrasami art?
Only for patreon, I think.

>>2247928
>Everyone has moved on.
Not EVERYone. But it's true that tumblrinas are notoriously fickle. I'm just glad the Steven Universe flood has passed.

>Her voice actress can emote
I don't like to be overly critical of the VAs, but it's true that Jinora feels a little... not phoned in, but lacking. Hop to book four, and look at any scenes where Jinora and Opal are together, and the contrast is obvious. She's better than Tonraq's VA, but he's probably the weakest recurring character.
>>
File: shadako.png (1MB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
shadako.png
1MB, 1280x1600px
>>2247928
>Everyone has moved on.

That's the nature of tumblr. If you don't bandwagon whatever is the flavour of the month, you don't get reblogs.
>>
legend of korma is gay
>>
File: 1450113606262.jpg (291KB, 1278x1538px) Image search: [Google]
1450113606262.jpg
291KB, 1278x1538px
>>2248272
How dare you spout such baseless slander, you spineless ruffian! Arm yourself and defend your words, blackguard!
>>
>>2248272
Maybe a little...
>>
Well, I got though season 2.

It wasn't bad as a whole, there were highlights and the lowlights were less bad than I remember mostly. The relationship stuff is much more easy to swallow this time arround because most of the time it's painted in a bad light rather than as the show's central premise.

But that final episode is pretty rotten.
Even beyond deux ex jinora there were a bunch of narratively confusing and much worse unsatisfying decisions that just deflate the whole experiance.
The tree of time getting a lore dump and imediately solving the problem sucks and doesn't work as well as most Korra Tenzin pep talks
Korra walking the path to her avatar state hits in the nostalgia and kind of saves it for a moment if you don't think about how this doesn't relate that well. Is she supposed to be giving up Mako? she already did that before.
The rest of the team having to defend her physical body is so tacked on, the spirit world was empty last episode
Why did unavatu even go to republic city anyways?
The air family giving commentary to the kiju battle takes you out of it each time and it happens way too many times
Korra starts winning hard then loosing hard despite all this build up

and then everything about jinora's appearance is soul crushingly bad
>>
Its made even worse by the fact that the whole plot line just had a hugely satifsing ending centered on tenzin and built arround his character flaws and growth that we see over the course of the season.

Jinora doesn't have any of that build up. She gets one scene where she sees the staue light up and one episode where we're told she has a great spiritaul connection (and that episode focuses more on tenzin than her) and another where she wanders arround the spirit relm with very little going on that would enhance her understanding beyond finding the portals, then she becomes a lost soul till tenzin rescues her.

How does she know the world is in danger, how does she know so much about rava and vatu, how does she get to the city, how does she know exactly what's wrong, how does she suddenly have power that exceeds either avatar? why did so many out of character things have to happen to get us here?

To me jinora season 2 is the worst thing in the entire franchise.

Its even worse than shalamalamadingdong's movie to me because it wrecks something that could have been good with just a little better decision making. At least that movie doesn't really effect the main series.

Each time I watch this again I am more mad about it.

I hope my salt is sustaining someone.
>>
File: tumblr_ms243wRLMY1qez005o2_500.gif (1010KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms243wRLMY1qez005o2_500.gif
1010KB, 500x275px
>>2248431
>Well, I got though season 2.
I envy you. I'm starting it tonight.

>The relationship stuff is much more easy to swallow this time arround because most of the time it's painted in a bad light rather than as the show's central premise.
Ending the first season with the undying declarations of prefect wub made a rod for their own back. I still don't get Bryke's thinking. They said they wanted nothing more than to utterly tear down the romance, but why end the first season that way when you weren't even initially sure that you were getting more? Bryke try to frame it as deconstruction of romance tropes (which it is), but it's mostly them recognising how horrible the romance they wrote was.

>But that final episode is pretty rotten.
I haven't rewatched it, but it''s got serious competition in "Endgame".

>Korra walking the path to her avatar state hits in the nostalgia and kind of saves it for a moment if you don't think about how this doesn't relate that well. Is she supposed to be giving up Mako?
Like Iroh, this was nostalgia for nostalgia's sake.

>Why did unavatu even go to republic city anyways?
The only reason I can think is that he wanted the most massive population centre to begin his purge of humanity. And if Ba Sing Se didn't exist, that would have been fine.

>Korra starts winning hard then loosing hard despite all this build up
I don't even understand what they were trying to convey narratively or thematically here. Bryan admits he doesn't either.

>and then everything about jinora's appearance is soul crushingly bad
You're really making want to skip straight to season three...
>>
File: tumblr_ms243wRLMY1qez005o3_500.gif (976KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms243wRLMY1qez005o3_500.gif
976KB, 500x275px
>>2248432
>Its made even worse by the fact that the whole plot line just had a hugely satifsing ending centered on tenzin and built arround his character flaws and growth that we see over the course of the season.
Apart from Varrick being charismatic, Tenzin was the only shining light of season two. So it's a doubly sickening choice to undermine both his and Korra's development simultaneously, all to push a side character... for some reason.

>How does she know the world is in danger, how does she know so much about rava and vatu, how does she get to the city, how does she know exactly what's wrong, how does she suddenly have power that exceeds either avatar?
NO ONE KNOWS

>To me jinora season 2 is the worst thing in the entire franchise.
Perhaps independently. But the consequence of season one Mako seep into season two and even a little of thee and four. Jinora in season three may as well have been a different character to the Jinora in season two.

>Each time I watch this again I am more mad about it.
Oh joy. I can't wait to experience all this again.

>I hope my salt is sustaining someone.
At least I know someone is sharing my pain as I delve in.
>>
Alright, which one of you has the new Sakimichan picture?
>>
File: 247113.jpg (828KB, 1300x813px) Image search: [Google]
247113.jpg
828KB, 1300x813px
>>2248907
Second this. Cough up.
>>
File: ă.jpg (903KB, 548x4148px) Image search: [Google]
ă.jpg
903KB, 548x4148px
That hit the feel. Kathryn Layno's art.
>>
>>2248538
>all to push a side character... for some reason
She's the kid appeal character. Korra is still in theory a children's show.
>>
File: 29.png (234KB, 548x847px) Image search: [Google]
29.png
234KB, 548x847px
>>2249032
Where's Denimcatfish been lately anyway? And by lately I mean like the past 2 years
>>
File: tumblr_ok3zzwgf531qjtxoeo1_1280.jpg (230KB, 695x434px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok3zzwgf531qjtxoeo1_1280.jpg
230KB, 695x434px
I'm sure the full version will be posted here one day.
>>
>>2249037
>She's the kid appeal character.
Aren't those Meelo and Bolin and fucking Kai?

>>2249032
>>2249065
>Where's Denimcatfish been lately anyway?
Think she went full patreon, which means 99% Steven Universe fanart in 2015, and 99% Overwatch fanart in 2016.
>>
File: Korra dead eyes.png (274KB, 779x720px) Image search: [Google]
Korra dead eyes.png
274KB, 779x720px
>>2249237
>censored nips

Oh FFS...
>>
File: tumblr_ogyyarS3051ua6b44o1_1280.jpg (221KB, 880x1176px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogyyarS3051ua6b44o1_1280.jpg
221KB, 880x1176px
>>2249037
>Korra is still in theory a children's show.

Bryke only used this excuse when it came time to explain some pretty infantile and terrible jokes. If it really was aimed at children, the first three finales, as well as Korra Alone were imagining some pretty fucking mature seven year olds.
>>
File: megafire_by_gavalanche-dasfc0a.jpg (79KB, 800x440px) Image search: [Google]
megafire_by_gavalanche-dasfc0a.jpg
79KB, 800x440px
>>2249244
full version is on her Patreon.
>>
>>2249246
That's Korra's problem, isn't it? It's themes and style are definitely for teens and older, but because Americans don't make drama cartoons for that demographic, it's constantly forced to make dumb children's show gestures, like avoid the word "kill" and such.
>>
>>2249037
>Korra is still in theory a children's show.
The only "kids" shows that killed more fuckers on screen were the star wars cartoons, and most of those deaths were just fodder getting killed unceremoniously instead of some of the dark ass shit that happened on LoK.
>>
>>2249267
>>2249300
I think one of Korra's greatest strengths was how little it pulled punches in making concepts like that accessible to its younger audience.

>most of those deaths were just fodder
Its kind of funny that Korra is so opposite to star wars in that way. The lowly foot soldier is always shown parachuting away in Korra.
>>
>>2249267
It's probably going to change soon, given how stupidly popular and critically received cartoon that deal with serious shit and are aimed for teens and above have been getting.
>>
>>2249267
>it's constantly forced to make dumb children's show gestures, like avoid the word "kill" and such.

Also, inconsistently. Korra tells Asami that Zaheer "nearly killed me". A few eps later, in the most dramatic of moments, right before the final confrontation, Korra tells Suyin that Kuvira "almost destroyed me. Not this time." It sticks out like a sore thumb and really takes from what should be a powerful moment.
>>
File: tumblr_of5sjmODbG1t0lt3xo1_1280.png (273KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of5sjmODbG1t0lt3xo1_1280.png
273KB, 1024x1024px
>>2249302
>The lowly foot soldier is always shown parachuting away in Korra.

In season one, yes. Seasons two-four has massive implied casualties of grunts and no-names. Think of the ships dragged to the ocean floor by dark spirits. The thousands that burned to death in Ba Sing Se. All the URN Navy that were killed as an example by Kuvira.
>>
>>2249265
Time for a booru search.
>>
>>2249305
mostly off-screen for those first two examples though (not sure about the last one). Whenever an extra has screen time in Korra the chances of them making a last minute escape after being defeated skyrocket.

>>2249304
That kind of thing really doesn't bother me. The effects of Zaheer's attack linger with Korra while Kuvira's doesn't. Zaheer shakes Korra's faith in herself while Kuvira only effects other peoples faith in her. Of course the show goes the extra mile when describing the narratively more impactful event.
>>
File: korvirasami.png (503KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
korvirasami.png
503KB, 1280x720px
>>2249312
>The effects of Zaheer's attack linger with Korra while Kuvira's doesn't. Zaheer shakes Korra's faith in herself while Kuvira only effects other peoples faith in her.
That's a salient way of explaining it. Even as she was choosing suicide by Kuvira, it was still Zaheer that was beating her.
Kuvira's a high tier bender, but she's not on the level of any of the Red Lotus. Given their prowess, the brothers - unless they're fighting Eska and Desna (whom Ming Hua can oneshot at the same time) - should each be a match for Kuvira. Kuvira has nothing that can counter lightning or lavabending, as long as one doesn't get oneshotted by a metal sheet at the beginning of the fight. Then again, she had no counter against airbending either, so it it was just made incredibly weak for one fight.
>>
>>2249362
>Even as she was choosing suicide by Kuvira, it was still Zaheer that was beating her.

That was contrived bad writing.
There was no ghostly apparition superimposing itself over Kuvira during the first nine-tenths of the fight, nor was there any more plot poison inside of Korra. But she was still losing.
>>
>>2249378
Wasn't it psychological? Cause she started losing badly she thought of Zaheer and that's why she ultimately got beaten.
>>
File: tumblr_nkvpapTvEU1u5xjvgo1_1280.png (704KB, 900x1391px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkvpapTvEU1u5xjvgo1_1280.png
704KB, 900x1391px
>>2249378
>nor was there any more plot poison inside of Korra. But she was still losing.

Did you miss that the long term damage was mental; not physical? The poison was a red herring. After she confronts Zaheer, her mental blocks are gone, she's reconnected with Raava, and she's actually as strong as an Avatar should be.

I know it was frustrating that it took so long, but it was the only time Bryke would ever have a chance to show a season long recovery like this.
>>
>>
>>
File: Ty Lee's bitch.png (933KB, 900x967px) Image search: [Google]
Ty Lee's bitch.png
933KB, 900x967px
>>2249514
As if.
>>
File: 1465028790620.jpg (201KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
1465028790620.jpg
201KB, 900x650px
>>2249610
>implying
>>
>>2249241
Overwatch is good too especially with the recent development. Shame about Korrasami though.
>>
>>2249515
Is she electrocuting Azula? Because that's kind of hot.
>>
File: Ty lee dom.png (932KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ty lee dom.png
932KB, 960x1200px
>>2249612
>implyinging
>>
File: Shoujo manga.jpg (276KB, 1280x961px) Image search: [Google]
Shoujo manga.jpg
276KB, 1280x961px
>>2249637
I think she still does some Korrasami stuff, but it's only for patreon. What a great site. Artists that used to produce great work now produce less, hide it behind a paywall, all for the sake of a bout ten bucks a months, while shitty youtubers and SJWs or both are making thousands a month for fuck all.
>>
File: tyzula bed.png (570KB, 1024x891px) Image search: [Google]
tyzula bed.png
570KB, 1024x891px
>>2247342
It's an ostrich pony, though.
>>
>>2249785
I knew you could fit those pesky SJWs there somehow. Good job!
>>
File: NWHvpth.png (533KB, 900x540px) Image search: [Google]
NWHvpth.png
533KB, 900x540px
>>2249797
Sorry I triggered you.
>>
>>2249637
You mean the Tracer having a girlfriend thing?
I thought the major /u/ ship was another one.
>>
>>2249396
>Wasn't it psychological? Cause she started losing badly she thought of Zaheer and that's why she ultimately got beaten.
His image didn't come about in that episode, only Sexy Korra's face on Kuvira's form at the end when she was going to drop a boulder on an earthbender where a gust of wind is apparently enough to give her pause but not all the other stuff that was thrown at her at a later time.
>>
>>2243112
I remember hanging out here right before the final aired. The general feeling was that it would never happen, but the fact that they probably weren't going to pair her up with a guy showed progress at least.
>>
>>2249857
the avatar state visions are connected to Zaheer, his whole plan was to force her into that state so he could erase her.
>>
File: -u Yuri » Thread 1612334 cap.png (17KB, 421x212px) Image search: [Google]
-u Yuri » Thread 1612334 cap.png
17KB, 421x212px
>>2249875
>I remember hanging out here right before the final aired. The general feeling was that it would never happen

Remember this?
>>
File: how innocent u was - cap.png (16KB, 947x218px) Image search: [Google]
how innocent u was - cap.png
16KB, 947x218px
>>2249926
...and this?
>>
>>2249895
>the avatar state visions are connected to Zaheer, his whole plan was to force her into that state so he could erase her.
The Avatar State wasn't in play until the end. And she didn't end up using against Kuvira during their second confrontation anyway aside from saving her with it.
>>
File: tumblr_ojurvvYBD01stvkbio1_1280.png (796KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojurvvYBD01stvkbio1_1280.png
796KB, 1280x1024px
>>2249970
I think you're missing the point. Korra hallucinates the avatar state she was forced into by Zaheer for the duration of her Korra Alone period (3 years, that's a long time) - it's a direct result of the trauma she experienced, and is part of why she can't go into the avatar state. The remaining metal poison is another. And just because she solved the physical problem with Toph doesn't mean she's mentally recovered, which is the whole point of her still hallucinating during her fight with Kuvira (thus losing, it's obvious she didn't lose because Kuvira is better than her) and why she decides to confront Zaheer later.

The whole issue is not about Korra being able to use the avatar state to fight - it's about the mental/spiritual well-being and confidence she needed to invoke the avatar state at all - to BE the avatar.
>>
File: tumblr_nj5u0uFvMy1tror2ko1_1280.png (661KB, 1280x1205px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj5u0uFvMy1tror2ko1_1280.png
661KB, 1280x1205px
>>2246947
>I can see more "urban" clothing sneaking into her wardrobe the longer she dates Asami.

I can see Asami buying her several wardrobes worth of new clothes. I'm still miffed they axed the scene of Asami giving her gift specifically to Korra back in Book One.
>>
File: tumblr_njxxsj8xrc1r30un1o2_1280.jpg (123KB, 870x918px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njxxsj8xrc1r30un1o2_1280.jpg
123KB, 870x918px
>>2249977
>it's obvious she didn't lose because Kuvira is better than her
Are you trying to trigger /co/, neechan? She lost because she's terrible at bending, fighting and being the Avatar! She even called herself the worst Avatar ever back when she was miserable and felt unable to diplomatically solve a problem she was in no way trained for. We were obviously meant to take that as gospel!
>>
>>2250097
>She even called herself the worst Avatar ever back when she was miserable and felt unable to diplomatically solve a problem she was in no way trained for.
>back when
You're going to have to be more specific.
>>
File: korra default expression.jpg (104KB, 1280x761px) Image search: [Google]
korra default expression.jpg
104KB, 1280x761px
>>2250117
>You're going to have to be more specific.

D...damn it.
>>
File: tumblr_ok4x51gD0X1vlpuwpo1_1280.jpg (533KB, 1077x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok4x51gD0X1vlpuwpo1_1280.jpg
533KB, 1077x1280px
>>
File: tumblr_ok4x51gD0X1vlpuwpo2_1280.jpg (539KB, 1280x1239px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok4x51gD0X1vlpuwpo2_1280.jpg
539KB, 1280x1239px
>>2250646
>>
File: tumblr_ok4x51gD0X1vlpuwpo3_1280.jpg (557KB, 1280x1265px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok4x51gD0X1vlpuwpo3_1280.jpg
557KB, 1280x1265px
>>2250648
>>
>>2250648
>Uh, well, actually, guys, girls aren't supposed to kiss each other.
>>
>>2243569
>>2243601
The video link is still alive. First one under
>>Liveaction
in the pastebin.
>>
>>2247396
>Bryke didn't intend it, but it happens right after Asami loses her fortune and...[w]hen Korra slightly gets in the way if his career aspirations in book two, he drops her like a stone. Bryke wrote an utter cunt, and framed him as a hero.
Astute. I see it easily in my mind's eye despite not watching the show in months.

>>2247401
>spoiler
Mommy&|Daddy issues solve\cause everything!
>>
File: 288276.jpg (683KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
288276.jpg
683KB, 1200x1600px
Surprise Katoph
>>
File: tumblr_nj643yAWNn1rpdkb2o1_1280.jpg (408KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj643yAWNn1rpdkb2o1_1280.jpg
408KB, 700x933px
>>
File: tumblr_nnlbghfyDi1sgytfeo1_1280.jpg (88KB, 910x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnlbghfyDi1sgytfeo1_1280.jpg
88KB, 910x1024px
>>
File: 2084313.jpg (2MB, 1523x1802px) Image search: [Google]
2084313.jpg
2MB, 1523x1802px
>>
Read any decent LoK fic lately?
>>
>>2252647
Any good one has finished or been abandoned. Most of them are shit that just repeat problems from the show.
>>
>>2252669
It's a real shame when authors don't have the guts to try something new.

What kinda story would you like to see? Maybe someone will pick up on it.
>>
Any must read fanfics or are all the ones in the pastebin good? Got into the fandom kinda late.
>>
Why isn't Blue by ZoeReed in the pastebin?
>>
>>2252901
Speaking of pastebin:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7669385/1/Bylines-and-Bracelets

THAT shouldn't be in the pastebin as it is from another series. How did that get in there?
Also critique a bit people, if you have read some from there or even if what you've read isn't in the pastebin - and it's for the Avatar series. It doesn't have to be something dealing with high literature, just say your thoughts on how the story went or even is progressing if it's still in progress.

In answer to your question anon, the fics in there vary in what mileage you'll get. Many jumped on the suffering part of the yuri ship and that's all they went for throughout, and many more did that that aren't in the pastebin.

One of the better ones is one that was written before season 2 aired and the writers seemed to not care about quality anymore:
All Roads by tofsla - the road trip that even /co/ wanted way back then.

If you want something from that short span (to the audience) from seasons 3 to 4:
i could make you new legs (but you wouldn't walk back to me) by psocoptera

-I would like to think that Asami was like this during that time.
It is kind of...weird though that Korra's "Krew" just went right back to doing their thing as a group when Korra got back. They were separated longer than they knew Korra. And their interactions with her varied from distant with one fine memory (Asami, Bolin) to babysitter (Mako.) There's not a family/team unit feel for them. There's not even a wartime "I've got you" approach you can take with them. Yet they group up again.
But the sentimentalist in me gives this to Asami since it at least gives credence to why she hangs out with these people and loves them.

If you want something that happens after the curtain was supposed to drop...I've got nothing. All the post fics have been lacking and either take characters in weird directions or make contrived reasons for miscommunication yet again.
>>
>>2252949
to continue with the above

If you want an AU:
Earthly Tethers by Traeger

The Red Lotus kidnapping succeeds and the characters enter and leave in organic ways rather than sticking around past when they are needed.

We Are Not Who We Seem by korondaruma

Gives us an Equalist Asami that has a bone to pick with Korra.

These two are ones that I think about when I say any good one has been abandoned.

If you want something weird:
Hell and High Water by spudking
In the World by JBK405

They just work. Though they are also dead, just as a heads up.

And I should probably put links, so in order of the ones I've recommended for now between these two posts:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/864324

http://archiveofourown.org/works/2514236

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3627546/chapters/8010408

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3486491/chapters/7658669

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4241964/chapters/9598089

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3330158/chapters/7280936

I really want to write a fic, but I just can't get time to do that right now. Which I can sympathize with those who start something but leave it hanging. I'd rather not start it because then I may leave it unfinished and I hate not finishing something.
>>
>>2252961
Really appreciate these recs. Thanks a bunch kind /u/ser!
>>
File: tumblr_nhtb6tbwvW1te15xio1_1280.png (315KB, 599x787px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhtb6tbwvW1te15xio1_1280.png
315KB, 599x787px
>>2245072
I keep forgetting Naga. Really isn't fair.
>>
>>2253176
>I keep forgetting Naga.
She doesn't have a purpose for being around, just like Bolin's pet ferret. Ultimately Naga ends up like Korra's parents in that they're just there.

It really isn't fair, but that's the quality of writing that happened.
>>
>>2253321
Korra really should have brought Naga with her when she ran away at the beginning of book 4.
>>
>>2243487
>Friendly reminder that when the strings started this became a love song
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pcxrdP3ums [Embed]

I forgot how good these damn OSTs were.
>>
>>2253573
It would have been impossible for her stay incognito if she had. The only problem is that she had initially planned to really go to RC (right after her letter to Asami btw), so her not bringing Naga at the outset is an arguable contrivance to allow the "Korra Alone" time period to happen.
>>
File: tumblr_okeq8pfYch1sqpih1o1_1280.jpg (806KB, 1280x1405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okeq8pfYch1sqpih1o1_1280.jpg
806KB, 1280x1405px
>>2246647
>I'm rewatching season one too and I'm loving almost everything about the show.

I had to re-rewatch the last two eps of season one today for reasons, and holy fuck did they drop the ball. The whole season, on rewatch, was better than I gave it credit for. But those last two episodes are such a weaksauce shitshow, they derail the entire experience.
It's flogging a dead horse now, but EVERYTHING to do with Mako feels artificial and out of place. The camera loving focuses on him, but he could be a fucking nightstand for all of our emotional investment in his non-existent character. It feels like the eps were a foreign show that focused on Korra that was very poorly edited to appeal to boys when brought to America. I once joked that you could replace him with a flamethrower, and now I think you don't even need that. All he does is take the focus from Korra (for no reason), and stick his non-existent character into scenarios that do not require him. This is detrimental in so many ways eg. Korra's breaking of Amon's bloodbending should be her huge triumphant moment... except that Mako had just done it moments before, because, as the show is so eager to tell us, he's just that damn good.
It's almost as though they felt he had to be that amazing to be justified. Iroh II and Bolin (two more non-characters) also save the fleet and Asami respectively, ensuring that Asami gets to join Lin and Korra in the useless women pile.

I'm fucking steaming at the ending, and now I have goddamn Empress Jinora to look forward to.
>>
>>2253321
>It really isn't fair, but that's the quality of writing that happened.

I think THAT really isn't fair. Naga was conceived to be a one-season wonder. She was not designed with multiple seasons in mind, and I prefer that she was sidelined rather than forced into scenes where it wouldn't have made sense for her to be there.
>>
>>2250960
>Mommy&|Daddy issues solve\cause everything!
Finish writing the fucking comic, Mike!
>>
>>2254115
I'm not sure that's entirely so.

Remember how they only recognized Bolin in the places they went? Even when Korra had Naga and apparently no one else ever bothered to tame a polarbeardog there wasn't recognition by the inn keeper. Then again she didn't even recognize Asami Moneybucks Sato and Super Cop Mako.

I wonder if this will be something that influences things in the future though. Can her parents or anyone ever really trust Korra again?
>>
>>2254492
>Naga was conceived to be a one-season wonder. She was not designed with multiple seasons in mind,
The free comic that came out where they say Naga is Korra's spirit animal companion elevates Naga to more than a one-season wonder as she is designed to be the equivalent of Roku's dragon and Aang's bison.

Or since that comic was released after the fact does that mean it doesn't count putting Naga in that importance? The dragon and Appa have that mystical element going for them so they could live to the end of or even outlive their human friend's natural lifespan.
Or is Naga going to die in a few years from the dog part of her old age?
>>
File: tumblr_ok2af4LGP91skebrlo1_1280.png (157KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok2af4LGP91skebrlo1_1280.png
157KB, 618x618px
>>
File: tumblr_ok2af4LGP91skebrlo2_1280.png (124KB, 618x589px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok2af4LGP91skebrlo2_1280.png
124KB, 618x589px
>>2255326
>>
>>2254492
She's Korra's spirit animal. I don't think she was designed to be anything but that. And to be fair, EVERYONE was designed to only be in one season at first.
>>
>>2254488
Yeah the finale as a whole was pretty disappointing. I do think that despite Amon's backstory not really fitting the character they did give him a powerful sendoff.

No argument about Mako stealing the focus of what should have been Korra's big moments. Korra getting back her bending just so she can run into his arms is also jarring and unearned. It makes me glad that they rectified this in season 4. Unfortunately it does mean that her character goes through similar arcs multiple times over the course of the series. I do think they got better at it by the end and was never bothered by it but for some there had to be diminishing returns.

The fleet was as much a non character as Iroh II was so I wasn't as bothered by that. But yeah his character was empty fanservice. I do like how he was used in season 2 though.

I think Bolin saving Asami was quite justified. Her being able to immediately out pilot the man who designed the mechatank without any help would have taken away some of the weight of her fighting against him. It would have felt like Mako breaking the bloodbending or Jinora somehow becoming spirit mesiah. I'm glad Asami was given a struggle that is easier to empathise with than those two. Even then I felt Bolin didn't steal the spotlight from Asami like Mako did from Korra, he picked up an assist. Besides his big opponent in the S1 finale was the runway, he kind of needed something.

Honestly Bolin has a bunch of good scenes with Asami. Aside from when the show gets the brother dynamic right (not all that often) and perhaps Varrick, scenes with her bring out the better of his character. It helps that they have the only relationship of the main four that isn't ever weighed down by poorly written romance.

Good luck in season 2.
I do think they go a long way towards fixing everything immediately when season 3 starts.
>>
>>2256056
they're allowed if they're attached to a girl. ie octopus or squid girls
>>
>>2256067
Or you know, not pseudo dicks.
>>
File: tumblr_o3pscgwWYc1u0ts3mo1_1280.jpg (174KB, 1280x1339px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3pscgwWYc1u0ts3mo1_1280.jpg
174KB, 1280x1339px
>>
Can we just remove the AtLA part already of the OPs? All that's in here is Korrasami shit.
>>
File: tyzula2.jpg (86KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
tyzula2.jpg
86KB, 600x511px
>>2257487
Ey ey ey bromandudesisgirl, at least 5% of every thread is Tyzula
>>
>>2257487
Tyzula is still a topic of discussion and the only other real ship in the entire franchise that is /u/ relevant.

It's just less popular right now.
>>
>>2257487
>All that's in here is shit.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>2257561
Because the comics sunk it.

I always knew it was one sided, but they went out of their way to show Ty Lee never even liked her...
>>
>>2257487
Then it'd just reveal how this thread's a /co/ circlejerk in disguise.
>>
File: tumblr_oif0doAqe01vl867qo1_1280.jpg (47KB, 549x820px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oif0doAqe01vl867qo1_1280.jpg
47KB, 549x820px
Comic is available for preorder now, I think.
>>
>>2257910
while i personally don't see the comics as canon, i don't think people should be surprised about that.
Why don't we recall their first present day meeting in the show?
Azula:
>Come with me to fight a war
TyLee:
>Nope
Azula:
>Come with me or i will kill you right here right now in the most brutal way i can think of
TyLee:
>Okay

ah, pure love
>>
>>2258530
Shhhhhhh, you'll wreck their flimsy delusion.
>>
File: Just Nadie in my sleep already.jpg (46KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
Just Nadie in my sleep already.jpg
46KB, 430x430px
>>2258533
Aw man you got us, not like half of this board's culture is based on yuri goggles hallucinations anyway or anything
>>
>>2258530
>Why don't we recall their first present day meeting in the show?

Korra and Asami are proof that first impressions can change depending on who is writing.
>>
>>2258530
Yes, but when you take into account all their other interactions you see that their relationship is more complicated than that. Not that that matters anymore and this argument is a dead horse so let's move onto something else...

Like Kiyi and Azula. You can't ruin this one for me yet.
>>
>>2258557
/ll/ and incest?

I like where you're going with this.
>>
>>2259182
I know right.

I imagine it starting off as a crush that Kiyi gets as Azula decides to train her. Making Ursa become even more protective and overbearing, leading to them bonding over their mutual distain for her.

Azula would eventually pick up on it and play with it, much like she does with Zuko. Kiyi on the other had would star to rationalise to herself that it's okay, they're not really sisters, that Ursa is not her mother, she hasn't been for a long time.

Eventually Kiyi would start playing her own games in her attempts to gain favour with her sister. Waiting for that rear moment of weakness to make her move. Azula, finally done with all the bitterness and loneliness, just gives in and lets her have her 'fun' as she really is the only one that loves her.
>>
>>2249237
>I'm sure the full version will be posted here one day.
Korra's lower body seems off. And her lips too.
>>
>>2259524
fullsize
>>
File: FMA.jpg (205KB, 1280x1595px) Image search: [Google]
FMA.jpg
205KB, 1280x1595px
>>
File: Full Metal Avatar.jpg (141KB, 1280x925px) Image search: [Google]
Full Metal Avatar.jpg
141KB, 1280x925px
>>2260448
Next part.

>>2259823
Holy shit,
>>
>>2260448
>>2260450
I like it! Who would be Alphonse though?
>>
>>2260642
Bolin?
Mako would obviously be Roy and Operator is Riza
>>
>>2260642
No one, as the dynamic wouldn't make sense seeing as how Alphonse and Ed actually spoke and interacted with each other beyond one episode and had a great dynamic.
>>
File: 1486491418106.png (859KB, 1330x1780px) Image search: [Google]
1486491418106.png
859KB, 1330x1780px
/aco/ drawthread saving the day.
>>
>>2260642
Naga
>>
>>2260656
I feel like Bolin should be very close friends with Pabu, just like Nina and Alexander!

K... Kor.. ra... Pl... ay...?
>>
I'm kinda feeling a need for something differnt.

Post Tophzula.
>>
File: 1369977215123.jpg (892KB, 1859x632px) Image search: [Google]
1369977215123.jpg
892KB, 1859x632px
>>2261381
I don't think there are any pics that aren't a joke. At least any I have.
>>
>>2259823
When is Sakimichan going to actually draw people having sex?
>>
It's sad that I had to go to Barnes & Noble to find out there was anew Last Airbender comic. Time was there'd be some press when a new AtLA came out, even if it was negative.
>>
>>2261994
I guess it wasn't very interesting.

Give us a synopsis to bitch and moan about.
>>
>>2260642
Sakari.
>>
>>2262206
Northern Water Tribe are a bunch of Capitalist pricks.

Southern Water Tribe are a bunch of stupid hicks.

Something about learning to listen to the other side.

Toph was the only good part, as usual.
>>
>>2261005
Do /u/ drawthreads do good Western stuff or do you have to go to /aco/ for that?
>>
>>2262510
Well there you go. Sounds totally skippable.

Why are the NWT being capitalists though? I could understand nationalist or just plain bigots, but capitalist?
>>
>>2262529
They wanted all the oil under the South Pole and thought the Southern Water Tribe were a bunch of retarded barbarians who wouldn't know how to properly use it.

The Southern Water Tribe didn't like that and tried to kill them.
>>
File: tumblr_ol2wdej1v41rbw7slo1_1280.png (383KB, 906x704px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol2wdej1v41rbw7slo1_1280.png
383KB, 906x704px
lel
>>
File: tumblr_nqx8ntoTNh1qm8wf8o1_1280.jpg (345KB, 800x965px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqx8ntoTNh1qm8wf8o1_1280.jpg
345KB, 800x965px
>>
>>2262608
>>
File: tumblr_nriettEQfY1qm8wf8o1_1280.png (1MB, 801x1052px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nriettEQfY1qm8wf8o1_1280.png
1MB, 801x1052px
>>2262609
>>
File: tumblr_nriettEQfY1qm8wf8o2_1280.png (954KB, 799x964px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nriettEQfY1qm8wf8o2_1280.png
954KB, 799x964px
>>2262610
>>
File: 00.png (691KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
00.png
691KB, 842x1190px
>>
File: 01.png (153KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
153KB, 842x1190px
>>2262612
>>
File: Maximum Trigger.jpg (652KB, 800x965px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum Trigger.jpg
652KB, 800x965px
>>2262608
>>
File: 02.png (570KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
570KB, 842x1190px
>>2262613
>>
File: distraught asami.png (78KB, 264x285px) Image search: [Google]
distraught asami.png
78KB, 264x285px
>>2262615
W-why...?
>>
File: 03.png (545KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
545KB, 842x1190px
>>2262616
>>
File: 04.png (579KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
04.png
579KB, 842x1190px
>>2262620
>>
File: 05.png (461KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
05.png
461KB, 842x1190px
>>2262621
>>
File: 06.png (492KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
06.png
492KB, 842x1190px
>>2262622
>>
File: 07.png (440KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
07.png
440KB, 842x1190px
>>2262624
>>
File: 08.png (645KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
08.png
645KB, 842x1190px
>>2262626
>>
File: 09.png (709KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
09.png
709KB, 842x1190px
>>2262628
>>
File: 10.png (289KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
289KB, 842x1190px
>>2262629
>>
File: 11.png (726KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
726KB, 842x1190px
>>2262630
>>
File: 12.png (444KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
444KB, 842x1190px
>>2262631
>>
File: 13.png (1MB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
1MB, 842x1190px
>>2262632
>>
File: 14.png (436KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
436KB, 842x1190px
>>2262633
>>
File: 15.png (344KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
344KB, 842x1190px
>>2262635
>>
File: 16.png (14KB, 395x209px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
14KB, 395x209px
>>2262637
>>
File: Korrasami.png (964KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Korrasami.png
964KB, 842x1190px
>>2262639
>>
File: Drakyx.Korrasami.Comic..webm (2MB, 735x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Drakyx.Korrasami.Comic..webm
2MB, 735x1123px
Thanks to whoever made this.
>>
File: tumblr_okf50rL0ix1tbeuo0o1_1280.png (613KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okf50rL0ix1tbeuo0o1_1280.png
613KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: tumblr_ol4jdmm41w1uhwivto1_1280.png (1MB, 1245x1413px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol4jdmm41w1uhwivto1_1280.png
1MB, 1245x1413px
>>
>>2262628
>>2262633
I'm not comfortable with breath play, but I do like the idea of Korra and Asami fucking constantly all over their house.
>>
File: 520.jpg (507KB, 731x936px) Image search: [Google]
520.jpg
507KB, 731x936px
>>
File: 1409895396004.png (603KB, 876x832px) Image search: [Google]
1409895396004.png
603KB, 876x832px
>>
File: 1439959069496.png (1MB, 1444x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1439959069496.png
1MB, 1444x1123px
>>
File: 1423718338997.jpg (170KB, 850x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1423718338997.jpg
170KB, 850x1031px
>>
File: 1423675410586.jpg (391KB, 1131x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1423675410586.jpg
391KB, 1131x1920px
>>
File: 1426991427483.png (684KB, 1280x803px) Image search: [Google]
1426991427483.png
684KB, 1280x803px
>>2262941
The asphyxiation was the hottest part of the comic for me.
>>
File: hCLqdFi.png (318KB, 850x626px) Image search: [Google]
hCLqdFi.png
318KB, 850x626px
>>
File: ujdHrJQ.png (354KB, 890x662px) Image search: [Google]
ujdHrJQ.png
354KB, 890x662px
>>2263131
>>
>>2262996
>Asami blushing and looking away

We need more of this. tumblr seems to have internalised the bullshit idea that Korra is the nervous "boy" of the relationship and Asami is the above-it-all perfect "girl". Considering how much tumblr supposedly rails against heteronormativity, it's kind of rich.
>>
There's a comic floating around the internet somewhere of Asami giving Korra her jacket but I don't know where it went.
>>
File: pasta.jpg (190KB, 339x1920px) Image search: [Google]
pasta.jpg
190KB, 339x1920px
>>2262941
>>2262996
I'm more worried about the fact that orgasming is Korra's involuntary Avatar State trigger.
>>
File: asami's jacket.png (825KB, 1173x1920px) Image search: [Google]
asami's jacket.png
825KB, 1173x1920px
>>2263135
>There's a comic floating around the internet somewhere of Asami giving Korra her jacket but I don't know where it went.

Is it recent?
>>
>>2263137
Maybe?
>>
>>2263131
>>2263132
I don't get it. What's so shocking?
>>
File: tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio1_1280.jpg (120KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio1_1280.jpg
120KB, 980x980px
>>2242975
Autosaging and on page seven? Time to dump a comic.
>>
>>2263143
I think it's some lovey dovey message about finding your soulmate.
>>
File: tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio2_1280.jpg (208KB, 1262x1131px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio2_1280.jpg
208KB, 1262x1131px
>>2263394
>>
File: tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio3_1280.jpg (131KB, 1003x682px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio3_1280.jpg
131KB, 1003x682px
>>2263396
>>
File: tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio4_1280.jpg (99KB, 816x607px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio4_1280.jpg
99KB, 816x607px
>>2263397
>>
File: tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio5_1280.jpg (145KB, 1100x860px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio5_1280.jpg
145KB, 1100x860px
>>2263398
>>
File: tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio6_1280.jpg (153KB, 955x909px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio6_1280.jpg
153KB, 955x909px
>>2263399
>>
File: tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio7_1280.jpg (237KB, 1100x945px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio7_1280.jpg
237KB, 1100x945px
>>2263400
GUNS!
>>
File: tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio8_1280.jpg (115KB, 1280x803px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio8_1280.jpg
115KB, 1280x803px
>>2263401
>>
File: tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio9_1280.jpg (195KB, 1280x1050px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiu1dMVBp1uodalio9_1280.jpg
195KB, 1280x1050px
>>2263402
>>
File: tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio1_1280.jpg (176KB, 1205x959px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio1_1280.jpg
176KB, 1205x959px
>>2263403
>>
File: tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio2_1280.jpg (95KB, 1122x534px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio2_1280.jpg
95KB, 1122x534px
>>2263404
[Equality Achieved!]
>>
File: tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio3_1280.jpg (159KB, 904x903px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio3_1280.jpg
159KB, 904x903px
>>2263405
>>
File: tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio4_1280.jpg (136KB, 1122x830px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio4_1280.jpg
136KB, 1122x830px
>>2263406
>>
File: tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio5_1280.jpg (98KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio5_1280.jpg
98KB, 1000x700px
>>2263407
This would have been useful in the show...
>>
File: tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio6_1280.jpg (57KB, 960x740px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio6_1280.jpg
57KB, 960x740px
>>2263408
>>
File: tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio7_1280.jpg (75KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio7_1280.jpg
75KB, 1000x500px
>>2263409
Dat bitch ded
>>
File: tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio8_1280.jpg (89KB, 943x594px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio8_1280.jpg
89KB, 943x594px
>>2263411
This would have been pretty useful too...
>>
File: tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio9_1280.jpg (101KB, 1100x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio9_1280.jpg
101KB, 1100x900px
>>2263413
>>
File: tumblr_ol0zt6AEAM1qd0w7vo2_1280.png (958KB, 1258x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol0zt6AEAM1qd0w7vo2_1280.png
958KB, 1258x1920px
>>2263135
This one?
>>
File: tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio10_1280.jpg (160KB, 1100x945px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofiue29m6E1uodalio10_1280.jpg
160KB, 1100x945px
>>2263415
In tumblrland, Asami > Korra as a fighter
>>
File: tumblr_ol0zt6AEAM1qd0w7vo1_1280.png (591KB, 1280x1453px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol0zt6AEAM1qd0w7vo1_1280.png
591KB, 1280x1453px
>>2263416
>>
Did this come out? Anyone know?
>>
File: tumblr_nv83jpznNy1qd0w7vo1_1280.jpg (238KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv83jpznNy1qd0w7vo1_1280.jpg
238KB, 1280x914px
>>2263416
>>2263418
Her art's improved.
>>
>>2263418
>>2263416
Yeah that one.
>>
>>2263417
>>
>>2263423
>>
>>2263424
>>
>>
File: korra tears.png (74KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
korra tears.png
74KB, 444x250px
>>2263427
>in one minicomic she is called an idiot, a dork, gets hurt, lets Lin down, loses and needs help from others
>drawn by someone that likes Korra
>>
File: fic recs cap.jpg (82KB, 872x599px) Image search: [Google]
fic recs cap.jpg
82KB, 872x599px
>>2252901
>Any must read fanfics or are all the ones in the pastebin good? Got into the fandom kinda late.
>>
>>2263417
Honestly, if Asami had her shock glove and they fought before Korra had seen Asami in action, I think the combination high skill level/equipment/surprise factor would give Asami the win. And of course, it also depends on the plot. I mean if Korra's gotta lose, she gonna lose, even if it makes zero sense. Besides, if Mako gets to be Korra's ultimate hero, shouldn't Asami get the chance? What a gal!
>>
File: pushup naga.png (129KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
pushup naga.png
129KB, 500x516px
>>2254538
>Or is Naga going to die in a few years from the dog part of her old age?

;_;
>>
>>2263437
Fucking thumbnail making me do a double take.
>>
File: 1409823367610.png (156KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1409823367610.png
156KB, 500x300px
>>2255840
Just saw your reply. Forgive the late response.

>No argument about Mako stealing the focus of what should have been Korra's big moments. Korra getting back her bending just so she can run into his arms is also jarring and unearned.
It's a kin to a student finally learning their master's technique and saving them. If Tenzin had been the one, it definitely wouldn't have felt as bad (Aang's reincarnation + son taking out Yakone's son). Because Korra and Tenzin's relationship was one of the things they got right in the first season (frankly, Korra and Tenzin's relationship is the best part of the show as a whole), we would have shared Korra's dread at her mentor, father figure and the last airbender being debent (fuck the kids).

>it does mean that her character goes through similar arcs multiple times over the course of the series.
That IS a legit criticism of the show. It really takes until the third+fourth seasons for them to nail it (without sabotaging it a la Godqueen Jinora).

> Besides his big opponent in the S1 finale was the runway, he kind of needed something.
Kek

>It helps that they have the only relationship of the main four that isn't ever weighed down by poorly written romance.
True, and their scenes in book two that don't write Bolin as a literal retard are some of the better moments in that season. I enjoy their interaction during the final Nuktuk mover a lot.

>Good luck in season 2.
It's... I'll save it for the next thread...

>I do think they go a long way towards fixing everything immediately when season 3 starts.
Book Three is like a reward for getting through Book Two.
>>
File: confirmation.jpg (214KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
confirmation.jpg
214KB, 700x520px
>>2263431
>I mean if Korra's gotta lose, she gonna lose, even if it makes zero sense.

No more spoilers. Finish writing the comic, Mike.
>>
File: Adult Sokka.jpg (13KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
Adult Sokka.jpg
13KB, 290x290px
>>2257911
>[CURRENT YEAR]+2
>still this mad
>>
>>2263450
It makes you wonder, are they the dedicated masochist who stayed here the entire time fuming or the sleeper!butthurt masochist, who reactivated upon new korrasami comic news and couldn't resist coming back.
>>
File: pvb korrasami 1.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
pvb korrasami 1.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>2258530
>Why don't we recall their first present day meeting in the show?
It's only indicative if twu wub 50% of the time.
>>
File: pvb korrasami 2.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
pvb korrasami 2.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>2263476
>>
File: pvb korrasami 3.gif (550KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
pvb korrasami 3.gif
550KB, 600x338px
>>2263477
>>
File: Social crtic See-oh cap.jpg (89KB, 1857x416px) Image search: [Google]
Social crtic See-oh cap.jpg
89KB, 1857x416px
>>2263460
There's a den of them, sis.
>>
File: laughing beifongs.jpg (153KB, 524x454px) Image search: [Google]
laughing beifongs.jpg
153KB, 524x454px
>>2260656
>spoiler
>>
I should watch the end of season 3 again.
>>
File: accurate wedding gown.jpg (723KB, 2048x1704px) Image search: [Google]
accurate wedding gown.jpg
723KB, 2048x1704px
>>2261005
Nice.

>>2262523
There were a couple of drawgals back in the day (pic related is by one), but if you want Korrasami lewd requests, /aco/ is where you should go. They're not as inclined to autisically screech at the mention of LoK as regular /co/ is.
>>
File: Asami Zaofu rabu~.gif (315KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Asami Zaofu rabu~.gif
315KB, 500x281px
>>2263485
You should watch all of season three, again.
>>
File: asami smuggest.jpg (47KB, 398x391px) Image search: [Google]
asami smuggest.jpg
47KB, 398x391px
>>2260739
Mmm~
I see the years have only made your saltbending stronger.
>>
>>2262510
Did it hint at the background they wrote for season two and decided not to include because it would have been extremely helpful for context? The idea that the NWT became jealous of the renewed industry and success of the SWT, spearheaded by people like Varrick? And that there had been tensions brewing for years?

>>2262604
Sounds about right.
>>
File: Turf Wars order.jpg (109KB, 1209x239px) Image search: [Google]
Turf Wars order.jpg
109KB, 1209x239px
>>2258528
>Comic is available for preorder now, I think.

Yeah, it is.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_ol5379jUFj1sngw1qo1_1280.jpg (812KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol5379jUFj1sngw1qo1_1280.jpg
812KB, 800x1236px
>>
File: high fashion.jpg (166KB, 900x1201px) Image search: [Google]
high fashion.jpg
166KB, 900x1201px
>>
>>2263425
I like Korra having the metalbender cop cable. It seems like it would be really useful for avatar business.
>>
File: metalbending fail.gif (524KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
metalbending fail.gif
524KB, 500x281px
>>2263776
It seems like something she would logically ahve at some point. If she had got back to RC after learning metalbending without the Zaheer fallout, I could see her having one.
Then again, considering it took until the third season to allow her to learn metalbending and she never apparently learned lightningbending, it's clear don't like giving her skills that will remove what makes less powerful characters stand out. Even though as the Avatar, it's kind of her bag.
>>
>>2263785
Until Korra learned Metal Bending, I assumed an Avatar couldn't learn the advanced branch off forms. A kind of trade off for being able to Bend 4 elements.

They do all seem to be a 'mind set' thing. So some would probably cancel the others out.
>>
>>2263794
Each avatar has one element they have the hardest time learning, which was Earth for Aang so it's no wonder he never picked up metalbending.

Korra's worse element was air, so if there's some special version of it that ever shows up, Korra is unlikely to be able to pull it off.
>>
>>2263806
Air is more 'forbidden techniques' than special variants. They seem to focus more on the spiritual side of things.

It still begs the question why no Avatar has learned Lightning bending. Especially after they cheapened it. My only guess would be the spirituality of the Avatar preventing them from achieving the mind set.
>>
File: zaheer.jpg (201KB, 353x1920px) Image search: [Google]
zaheer.jpg
201KB, 353x1920px
>>2263806
So Aang was always going to be outshine by Toph in that regard. It also makes Zaheer the toughest opponent for her. Anyone alive in the Avatraverse besides Krora and tenzin that could beat Zaheer?
>>
File: Fuck casters.gif (73KB, 869x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck casters.gif
73KB, 869x400px
>>2263904

Well, not alive anymore, but...
>>
File: Doom Zaheer.jpg (252KB, 1114x454px) Image search: [Google]
Doom Zaheer.jpg
252KB, 1114x454px
>>2263904
Tenzin wouldn't beat Void Zaheer.

>>2263908
If dead people are fair game, P'li could maybe take out Zaheer. She's also one of the few that could take out your example.
>>
>>2263969
>Sparky Sparky Boob Bitch
>beating a blood bender
Nahh.
On the subject of beating Zaheer, pic related would have had no problem.
>>
>>2263417
>In tumblrland, Asami > Korra as a fighter
>>2263429
>>>2263427
>>in one minicomic she is called an idiot, a dork, gets hurt, lets Lin down, loses and needs help from others
>>drawn by someone that likes Korra

It's one of those things that is so prevalent with Korra. The art that has her doing stupid things and acting like her season 1 self raised to an exponent far after season 1 has ended in the art drawn piece is common. Though it is passed off as comedy >>2263904

And the stories that crop up reduce her mindset and attitude to one of being lost and uncertain and scared all over again. And they have things spiral out control because no one communicates which after 4 seasons of the characters not communicating it gets really fucking tiresome.
Lack of communication works wonders for comedy, but is grating in long running drama.

>>2263904
Zaheer was only tough because of the convoluted setup that HAD to be that way. Any person who can sustain flight (someone capable of using fire jets or making a wind tornado beneath them) could keep up. He still has to stand still to release an attack or fly back down to the person's level.

>>2263814
>Especially after they cheapened it. My only guess would be the spirituality of the Avatar preventing them from achieving the mind set.
There's no spirituality behind it if Azula and Ozai and Mako can perform it.

>>2263806
>Korra's worse element was air, so if there's some special version of it that ever shows up, Korra is unlikely to be able to pull it off.
Jinora claims that spirit projection is airbending based, and Korra went Godzilla with it (of course since this is the Legend of Korra it didn't mean shit and made no sense.)
Even "flight" is sketchy because Aang was capable of flying with his tornado beneath him or creating that sphere with the elements around him.
>>
>>2264032
(continued)

>>2263806
>Each avatar has one element they have the hardest time learning, which was Earth for Aang so it's no wonder he never picked up metalbending.

And yet earthbending is about being stubborn and season finale Aang would not budge in his conviction of not killing so much so that he caused the universe to bring back an ancient creature to teach him a technique to use on the final boss.
Aang learned Toph' earthsense ability which only Beifong and one random assistant are shown to have learned and Aiewei probably only got the lie detection part from it which just raises further questions!

>>2263785
>It seems like something she would logically ahve at some point. If she had got back to RC after learning metalbending without the Zaheer fallout, I could see her having one.

She doesn't even carry around waterskins on her belt even though her waterbending is actually pretty good, aside from not being good enough to withstand bloodbending from a person who hasn't used it in years unlike Mako who managed to wiggle out of it.
A good piece of development would have her having access to her full skill set since she wants to be more prepared for what comes her way.
>>2263776
>It seems like it would be really useful for avatar business.
HEY THE AVATAR CAN'T ARREST OR DETAIN PEOPLE WHO HAVE A HISTORY OF HURTING AND EXTORTING PEOPLE! THAT'S FOR THE POLICE TO DO! I DON'T CARE IF EARTHBENDING COULD FIX THE STREET IN TWO SHAKES OF A GOATLAMB'S TAIL - Lin Beifong
>>
File: tumblr_od7izvecWp1smtwdyo1_1280.png (246KB, 720x609px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od7izvecWp1smtwdyo1_1280.png
246KB, 720x609px
>>2263978
>pic related would have had no problem.

Only with a comet in the sky.
>>
>>2263978
>Nahh.
I was thinking a long range shot. We don't know the full extent of Amon's range (the longest distance he bloodbent was about one hundred feet when he made Korra's water spout collapse during the attack on the arena). He can't bloodbent physic energy that's already been released. Obviously if he gets within range to bloodbend, he wins easily against anyone that isn't Mako.

>>2264032
>And they have things spiral out control because no one communicates
Korra and Tenzin's talks late in book two, and in book thee? Her isolation in book four was an intentional story element.

>Any person who can sustain flight (someone capable of using fire jets or making a wind tornado beneath them) could keep up.
It looked superior to anything we've ever seen from bending genius Azula, Iroh II and Mako. Even looks better than Ozai's comet flight, who had to go all out to keep up witha gliding Aang.

>There's no spirituality behind it if Azula and Ozai
Some something psychopaths and spiritual balance.

>and Mako can perform it.
He's just that good :^)
>>
>>2264039
>season finale Aang would not budge in his conviction of not killing so much so that he caused the universe to bring back an ancient creature to teach him a technique to use on the final boss.
Didn't he resolve to kill the Firelord after Yang Chen's council, and only then did the universe bend over backwards for him?

>Aang learned Toph' earthsense ability
Did he? I rewatched AtLA recently. I must have missed it.

>She doesn't even carry around waterskins on her belt even though her waterbending is actually pretty good
They didn't want to step on Katara (who was apparently Aang-tier after a weekend of training).

>A good piece of development would have her having access to her full skill set since she wants to be more prepared for what comes her way.
Yes, and it could have been a side-element of one ep. Just show her training everything in a quick aside in Zaofu during the real story of Bolin getting another girlfriend.
Like I said, they've often put maintaining the uniqueness of lesser characters above Korra, hence why she can't lightningbend or lavabend, or indeed carry a waterskin.

>HEY THE AVATAR CAN'T ARREST OR DETAIN PEOPLE WHO HAVE A HISTORY OF HURTING AND EXTORTING PEOPLE! THAT'S FOR THE POLICE TO DO! I DON'T CARE IF EARTHBENDING COULD FIX THE STREET IN TWO SHAKES OF A GOATLAMB'S TAIL - Lin Beifong
It was meant to be a natural development of the world, but because it was never followed up on, and Korra does in fact operate on her own initiative in the following seasons, it just makes it seem like Lin is being a ridiculously stubborn bitch so it's kind of forgiveable.
>>
>>2264032
>And the stories that crop up reduce her mindset and attitude to one of being lost and uncertain and scared all over again. And they have things spiral out control because no one communicates which after 4 seasons of the characters not communicating it gets really fucking tiresome.
>>2264056
>Korra and Tenzin's talks late in book two, and in book thee? Her isolation in book four was an intentional story element.

My bad. Didn't realise you meant specifically fan works.
>>
>>2264032
>There's no spirituality behind it if Azula and Ozai and Mako can perform it.
That's prissily my point. It was referred to as 'cold fire' for a reason. You must be centred yet empty, not at peace or harmony, but devoid completely.

Now before someone says Azula, she is a surprisingly empty person. She hardly did anything for herself(apart for her own amusement). Otherwise she would have made a play for the thrown instead of trying to stay in daddy's good graces.

So despite being fractured she still had that 'centre' which allowed her to bend lightning. Even better if you take it at face value.
>>
>>2264194
Still kind of falls apart for Ozai since everything he did he did for himself.

Iroh even says you are not in control, but just the lightning's humble guide. Azula and Ozai are not humble. So there are different ways of thinking about it. And if a gang leader like the one from season 1 of Korra could use it and he's in it for the money.
>>
File: tumblr_o2xkqkvR6A1v8nzwto1_1280.png (455KB, 644x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2xkqkvR6A1v8nzwto1_1280.png
455KB, 644x800px
>>2264226
I think being "the humble guide" died when a megalomanical Ozai and a straight up cuckoo Azula were able to spam lightning during the comet.
>>
>>2264056
>Korra and Tenzin's talks late in book two, and in book thee? Her isolation in book four was an intentional story element.

Which was also grating in the show. She had milestones that she supposedly reached in each season but the trend of lack of communication continued. And considering it was how the majority of problems started in the show it felt like a crutch they had to keep falling back on.
Imagine if Aang didn't want to be the Avatar anymore in the comics. Or Zuko tried to get his honor back in the comics. Things that would be a progression end up regressed to fulfill "a story element." Which happens far too often in continuation fics post season 4.
>>
>>2264226
Ozai is Master. The door to lightning has been opened to him a lot longer. Once you learn how to do it, it seems to get easier. Which is why Zuko could never get it. His frame of mind prevented him from ever opening it. Iroh could still do it despite his transformation because he could before.

As for that gang leader, as I said, lightning was diminished in Korra. At least in technique. So you're right, it's all a mute point now...
>>
>>2261005
>artist remembers Korra's build and gives her her Book 1 breasts too
>makes certain that Asami wears her makeup in bed and gives Asami a build that isn't as large as Korra's
>makes Korra confident in the bedroom
>gives Korra her long hair done up in iconic style

Perhaps there is still hope for humans.
>>
File: sweaty.jpg (201KB, 1280x934px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty.jpg
201KB, 1280x934px
>>2264253
>And considering it was how the majority of problems started in the show it felt like a crutch they had to keep falling back on.

Could you give me some of the more noticable examples? Other than her bratty attitude at the beginning of seasons one and two, and the story driven isolation of her convalescence in the final season, I don't really remember this being an issue.
>>
Janet's posting a Korrasami pic every day this month:

https://www.instagram.com/thejvclub/
>>
>>2264417
Not that anon, but her supposed understanding of air at the end of season 1 turning into AIRPUNCHING at the beginning of season 2 is an annoying example. I didn't find the other seasons transitions as jarring, but 1 to 2 felt like a full reset on EVERYONE. Tenzin lost his ability to teach Korra, Korra lost her respect for being Avatar and the elements once again, and it was as she'd never lost her bending or spoken with Aang in the first place. The Avatar thing was kind of left behind in the focus on civil unrest and spirits. Not bad, but Season 1 didn't really need to happen. (Let's be honest: Season 2 didn't either.)

The biggest issue I had was that the show continually beat Korra down over and over and over again. In ATLA, Aang was built up through the seasons. Korra was stripped of everything. Kind of sad how they treated both characters so differently. Korra's journey is poignant despite the issues, but I wish she wasn't beaten to dust in the process.
>>
>>2264451
The only positive thing that came out of Book 2 was the definitive end of Makorra, and the Wan episodes. But as much as I hate to say it (because I prefer Book 1 over 2 by a slim margin), plot wise Book 2 ties in better with Books 3-4 than Book 1 does. It's frustrating - Book 1 had pretty solid character growth (plus dat animation), but it's rendered mostly moot in Book 2. Book 2 introduced some key plot points which formed the base for an extremely well-done Book 3, but had horrid regressive characterization.

>the show continually beat Korra down over and over and over again. In ATLA, Aang was built up through the seasons
One big factor in this is that Aang had the typical "hero's journey" - he starts out basically a novice, so the only direction for him is up. Korra starts out the series at an already high level, so she has to be torn down before being built back up. That in itself is not so bad, but as you say, the fact that they do this EVERY season is pretty shitty. It doesn't help that the general public kept harping on Korra at every turn, and her core support group wasn't consistent. Aang never had to deal with such overwhelming negativity, and his "crew" was much more tight knit and supportive.

I will say that at the end I'm much more appreciative of Korra's strength and her journey more than Aang's. Her personal and spiritual revelations/growth feel much more genuine and earned, Aang feels downright shallow in comparison.
>>
>>2264451
>her supposed understanding of air at the end of season 1 turning into AIRPUNCHING at the beginning of season 2 is an annoying example. I didn't find the other seasons transitions as jarring, but 1 to 2 felt like a full reset on EVERYONE.
The season felt doomed from the start with such a hamfisted transition. Contrast the six month gap that feels almost like we've jumped to another setting with new, less developed characters, with the three year gap from the third to fourth season that does a much better job of consolidating the events of the previous season and showing a natural progression for most of the cast.

>The biggest issue I had was that the show continually beat Korra down over and over and over again.
They admitted that they wanted to tell the opposite story to Aang. Bryan was implacable in his insistence that Korra not defeat Amon in a large scale one-on-one battle like Aang did with Ozai.

But as we all know, they screwed it up, so tried again in season two to break down Korra and build her back up... and arguably screwed it up even more (as well as the mythos, which at that point the writers obviously no longer cared for).
So THEN, they decided to try one more over two seasons, and nail it about as well as they could considering their time and budget. But it does lead to Korra being almost constantly in a state of being beaten down or recovering from it. It's probably why Book Three is so enjoyable; we get to see Korra in her natural state, rather than suffering an existential crisis.

>but I wish she wasn't beaten to dust in the process.
But she's a mary sue, tho! She never lost a fight! Except for all those times the stupid bitch lost those fights! Gawd, did she ever win a fight!?
>>
File: tumblr_o7s4ueNK9F1ql4eu6o1_1280.jpg (382KB, 650x920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7s4ueNK9F1ql4eu6o1_1280.jpg
382KB, 650x920px
>>2264463
>The only positive thing that came out of Book 2 was the definitive end of Makorra
Which a) took much too long and b) still wasn't enough to convince fucking Makorrafags.

>as much as I hate to say it (because I prefer Book 1 over 2 by a slim margin)
Book one is a more contained story done well for the most part, though repetitive, overly narrow, and with a diarrhoea ending and muh Mako constantly stinking up any scene he's in. Book two is monstrously ambitious story with multiple intertwined elements about the protagonist's past and family in the literal and metaphysical sense, with a film noir conspiracy story, soap opera amnesia and and greater scale villain... written by what feels like ten people with no means of communication. It's a fucking mess.

>Book 2 introduced some key plot points which formed the base for an extremely well-done Book 3, but had horrid regressive characterization.
Sometimes I wonder if the crew weren't as eager to get out of that second season as the fans were.

>and her core support group wasn't consistent
Mako and Bolin have bigger things to worry about than the Avatar who is supposedly their closest female friend. When she wasn't being used a chewtoy in other people's stories, Asami was consistently behind Korra (and Bolin, when they were allowed to speak). Sadly, Asami understandably had to be shoved into the background so we could focus on Bolin getting another girlfriend, Kai being a little shit, or Wu annoying Mako.
>>
>>2264677
Maybe the comic will give Asami some major spotlight
>>
>>2264853
I think that's very likely. My worry is that Korra herself might be shoved into the background. It makes sense if the antagonist is a corrupt business exec for Asami to be her rival. Korra has just finished an extremely arduous character arc, so it wouldn't be too egregious if she wasn't the driving force, but I'd be disappointed, especially after thirty months of waiting (!) if we see more of Mako and Bolin's wacky adventures than we do of Korra at forefront.
>>
File: Babby Korra shush.gif (1MB, 466x800px) Image search: [Google]
Babby Korra shush.gif
1MB, 466x800px
>>2263441
>Fucking thumbnail making me do a double take.

Don't you question their relationship.

Bearclaw chapter 2 never
>>
>>2264900
>It makes sense if the antagonist is a corrupt business exec for Asami to be her rival.

Asami, heiress turned head of Future Industries - a company that can't seem to turn a profit from war machines despite the newly christened leader being friends with and having helped the Avatar stop a terrorist from purging bending from the United Republic of Nation,

VERSUS

Varrick, a self-made multi-billionaire who wants to turn a profit by pushing for a war and grab up Future Industries for his empire.

>It makes sense if the antagonist is a corrupt business exec for Asami to be her rival.
Did you watch Book 2?
>>
File: [bankruptcy intensifies].png (1MB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
[bankruptcy intensifies].png
1MB, 1916x1076px
>>2265040
>a company that can't seem to turn a profit from war machines despite the newly christened leader being friends with and having helped the Avatar stop a terrorist from purging bending from the United Republic of Nation
It does make sense that FI struggled in that Asami had no business experience, a lot of the holdings were probably confiscated. employees arrested and the company tarnished that it would struggle. (Though all its stock fitting into a single warehouse that can be stolen in a few hours is nonsensical. I just assume Asami was in shock and meant to say that it was just all the military stock in RC that was stolen.)

Anywho, Asami versus Varrick could have been interesting if they'd actually allowed it to happen. Instead, muh Mako must be the genius sleuth doubted by the naive Bolin and Asami and temporarily retarded Lin.

Plus, this is three and a half years later, and Asami seemed to get her negotiator cap on in the interim.

Please spirits don't let the comic be filled with contemporary references. I can only take so many Trump references in Marvel comics as it is.
>>
>>2264463
>I will say that at the end I'm much more appreciative of Korra's strength and her journey more than Aang's. Her personal and spiritual revelations/growth feel much more genuine and earned, Aang feels downright shallow in comparison.

Aang suffers a little on rewatch. He is the traditional reluctant hero to a tee. It's fine, because Zuko, Sokka, Azula and others are there to be engaging in his stead.

Other than Tenzin, and pockets of Lin, Korra has to carry LoK as far as audience engagement goes.
>>
>>2265057
>Plus, this is three and a half years later, and Asami seemed to get her negotiator cap on in the interim.

Off screen development, go!
>>
File: things turned around for asami.jpg (138KB, 1256x1024px) Image search: [Google]
things turned around for asami.jpg
138KB, 1256x1024px
>>2265241
>Off screen development, go!
>time skips no longer allowed, go!

We heard that she got a contract with Raiko right after Korra left. Three years later, she's opening a renovated train station with Raiko. Do you really think a western cartoon was going to focus on the business partnership between a the government and a massive design and production company?
>>
File: 2017-02-13_22-25.jpg (295KB, 1412x903px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-13_22-25.jpg
295KB, 1412x903px
>>2264427
Some of these are pretty dope.
>>
File: 2017-02-13_22-24-36.jpg (225KB, 1229x902px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-13_22-24-36.jpg
225KB, 1229x902px
>>2265806
>>
File: 2017-02-13_22-26-50.jpg (208KB, 1228x898px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-13_22-26-50.jpg
208KB, 1228x898px
>>2265807
>>
File: 2017-02-13_22-26-59.jpg (199KB, 1392x647px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-13_22-26-59.jpg
199KB, 1392x647px
>>2265809
Also, Instinct of a Fearful Body and Come What May updated today.
>>
>437 / 250 / 50 / 9
One more pic and page left til migration time.
>>
Instincts of a fearful body finally updated again.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4658958/chapters/21898142
>>
Tyzula Canon never ever ;_;
>>
>>2265806
Yeah, Janet's great.
>>
>>2265806
>>2265807
>>2265809
>>2265812
I love that VAs like Janet, and Grey deLisle are fans of their characters post series.
>>
>>2265998
Tyzula will always be canon ... in my heart.
>>
>>2266000
Isn't she part of Geek & Sundry now?
>>
Image limit and page 9

New thread
>>2266901
>>2266901
>>2266901
>>
File: tumblr_odyiz1VjKM1sc5pr3o1_1280.png (229KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odyiz1VjKM1sc5pr3o1_1280.png
229KB, 900x674px
Image limit reached, you say?
>>
>>2263133
Not for nothing, Chief. But Korra has proven to be kinda fussy, insecure and nervous. Half of her showboating and boasting is to hide that.
Meanwhile Asami is mostly calm and mature in most situations that don't involve her dad in some way.
Thread posts: 447
Thread images: 251

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.