[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon / Miss Kobayashi's Dragon

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 46

File: 1483109726103.png (721KB, 1440x2041px) Image search: [Google]
1483109726103.png
721KB, 1440x2041px
Anybody else excited about this? Also how the heck will Kyoani make this less gay?
>>
File: 010.png (484KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
010.png
484KB, 1127x1600px
I hope they adapt the Saikawa chapter.
>>
File: 011.png (923KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
011.png
923KB, 1127x1600px
>>2229481
>>
Again, KyoAni making things less gay has never been an issue. If anything, the main issue concerning Hibikek was them making things too gay, which would have seriously upped the troll scale had they completely stuck to the source material.

The only real issue that's gonna arise is how the KyoAni style of animation and pacing is gonna mesh with Cool's style (most notably complaints about Tohru's design). Hard to say until we get to see a full episode, but I'm glad this seems to be leaning more towards a Nichijou style of animation rather than the staple Kyoani look we've getting used to (and bored with) in the past few years.
>>
>>2229491
My biggest fear is they putting their own style of humour instead of the one the manga has, like they did with K-On.

On the other side, Nichijou is great, so they can do right.
>>
It's Sakura Trick/Yuru Yuri level canon, unless Kyoani wanted to throw away the source material there is no way they can make this show any less gay. That being said a lot of the gay shit has to do with the side characters and not the main pair. Sadly Tooru is also in love with the MC so don't expect any yuri for the main pairing.
>>
>>2229498
The heck are you talking about? Tooru is a girl and kobayashi is a girl so why are saying don't expect yuri?
>>
>>2229498
but tooru and kobayashi ARE the main pairing......
>>
Is it weird to find Kobayashi attractive? no dragon.
>>
>>2229498
this is erika level misreading right here
>>
File: 60630651_p0.png (252KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
60630651_p0.png
252KB, 900x636px
>>2229746
Of course not, OLs are love.
>>
>>2229491
They may even add more based on that bed sharing scene. They know yuri sells and this is their first adaptation with blatant yuri so chances are this will go smoothly.
>>
>>2229438
>Also how the heck will Kyoani make this less gay?
>Req the 'kyoani finds a way' jpg.
>>
Futa shit
>>
File: 1480697813601.png (48KB, 600x878px) Image search: [Google]
1480697813601.png
48KB, 600x878px
>>2229746
she's a very handsome boy (female)
>>
File: TooruKobayashibed.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TooruKobayashibed.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
They're sleeping in the same bed cute. Was this in the manga I don't remember.
>>
Have they joked about Kanna having two mommies?
>>
>>2230013
Don't remember but I think it was explaining that Kanna is a relative's kid Kobayashi is looking after or something.
>>
>>2229872
She reminds me of Claire Redfield but sexier.
>>
File: 161220_takemoto_7te1ps.jpg (103KB, 700x804px) Image search: [Google]
161220_takemoto_7te1ps.jpg
103KB, 700x804px
>>2229746
grouchy slovenly OLs are hot
>>
>>2230011
Where did that come from? Is the first episode out, already?
>>
>>2230492
New PV
>>
>>2230497
link
>>
>>2230540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okBHQWnYImg
>>
>>2230011
>Tooru a blonde.
No, I thought she was a seafoam.
This has ruined my new year.
>>
>>2230556
Tooru is lacking in manliness...dragoness. I'm not sure what to make of that. Kinda read it differently.
>>
>>2229491
>Tohru's design

It was mediocre in the first place, as are most of Cool's character designs. I'm still weirded out on full-color pages seeing Kobayashi's pink hair. If she's just a regular human, why not a natural color? She doesn't seem the type to dye it.

inb4 >expecting realism in anime
>>
>>2230740
It's anime hair, its not dyed. She's just an OL Christmasu Caku.
>>
>>2230740
Honestly, I agree with you. Kobayashi is supposed to be the down-to-earth OL so I pictured her with brown hair the whole time I read the manga, especially with a hairstyle so mundane and real. The pink hair on the color pages seems so out of place and it's like Cool just picked a random color and used a fill in bucket on photoshop.

Cool's monster girl house manga had the lone human MC with natural Black hair so it's not like Cool is only known for anime hair colors either.
>>
>>2230011
What a pillow hog.
>>
>>2230685
Yes, that is the word I was looking for. She is lacking dragoness. Where is her gravitas?

>>2230740
>>2230759
The hair color looks like an auburn shade to me, not anime pink. I think it's fine and it matches the manga so it shouldn't be a surprise.
>>
>>2230771
That was the first night together I think. IIRC didn't Kobayashi buy a pillow the next day kinda as a acknowledgement that she accepted Tooru living with her.
>>
>>2230556
Guess we don't have to worry about KyoAni fucking up the gay

It's even gayer than in the original manga

woo
>>
>>2230556
Why does a SOL CGDCT anime have RPG music?
>>
>>2230747
it's "keeki" you fucking normie
>>
File: 002.jpg (920KB, 1465x2166px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
920KB, 1465x2166px
>>2230740
My main problem with Cool is that there is a huge dissonance in the quality of his character's breasts and everything else. He mostly draws huge chest sizes, but also accounts for small variation and sagging (which is already pretty good in comparison with any other anime), yet beyond that everything lacks the same level of anatomic detail.

He drew some pretty good scales in Tooru's dragon form tho.
>>
>>2230957
Because it all looks same
>>
>>2230938
You weren't lying. Well, i guess it wouldn't hurt to watch a couple of episodes before actually calling it gayer than the manga.
>>
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/01/03/official-winter-2017-simuldub-lineup/

The show is getting a dub.
>>
>>2233633
Already?
>>
>>2233664
Funi's been doing the simuldub thing for a while now.
>>
>>2230685
I think KyoAni's just showing off the parts where Tooru is cute/less dragony just for the trailer. Its kind of their calling card, however, Tooru was always described as overtly cute so I think its fitting, considering how overboard kyoani tends to go.
>>
>>2231276
It's actually kike.
>>
>>2233873
I hope so, it feels a bit off along with her high pitch. I like Kobayashi-san's voice though.
>>
So when I will some one come and eat Kobayashi's Christmasi Keki?
>>
>>2234353
hopefully when Cool learns how to draw proper anatomy.
>>
>Show about a lesbian dragon maid
>Lives with a loli dragon that has a lesbian loli friend
>Main character is attracting more dragon girls to her
>Every doujin is going to be about the fucking shouta
>>
>>2236661
Nah, some doujins will have Kobayashi as a man and Fafnir.
>>
>>2236671
Oh boy! My favorite!
>>
>>2236673
Can't wait for the self-insert faggots either!!
>>
>>2236661
>Implying that het doujin artists need a male character to turn every female character into a cock gobbler
>>
Remember to report obvious shitposting
>>
Y'all don't realize that 90% of it will be Kobayashi's dude friend/Fafnir yaoi.
>>
What conclusion did we come to about Tooru wanting to fuck genderbent Kobayashi in the manga?
>>
>>2236709
You want shitposts? Because this is how you get shitposts.
>>
>>2236709
She actually grew a dick.
>>
>>2236709
She still wants to fuck her even when she doesn't have a dick, so nothing really changed. The only thing that changed was that Tooru wanted Kobayashi's children, thats it.
>>
>>2236704
I expect dragon x human yuri guro desu
>>
>>2236709
Better question is to what conclusion did KyoAni came and how it will affect things in the anime
>>
>>2237729
People are too paranoid about that chapter. It's just a joke. Like when Naruto turns himself into a woman. It doesn't imply he's secretly transsexual. Seriously. It's just (an attempt at) comedy. Nothing more.
>>
>>2237754
Your example sucks. Naruto changing voluntarily to trick people is not even close to the same as Kobayashi being turned into a man and experiencing lust for girls for the first time. People defend Cool's shit too quickly like he is infallible or that he has only /u/'s interests at heart. The manga never separates jokes from the serious shit. It always uses comedy to define and develop characters and has since the beginning. Kobayashi finally lusting after her dragon harem as a man flies in the face of her being gay beforehand. Tooru turning bislut is the disgusting cherry on top.
>>
>>2237772
It's not defending Cool's writing, it's stating facts.
Kobayashi always found Tooru arousing, it's just more obvious when she's a man. Also, Tooru isn't merely bisexual, she loves Kobayashi regardless of what's between her legs, but since Kobayashi is female we can assume it's /u/
>>
>>2237772
Yeahyeah, lust that instantly was killed the moment Tooru took of her maid clothes, which just shows how "serious" the whole thing was. Nvm that the plan was "to reveal Kobayashi's true self" - it wasn't about changing her. And except for "the thing" she's still entirely female; so raging about Tooru being bi (how is that a problem in the first place?) is just ridiculous ...

Seriously, people have issues ...
>>
>>2237780
Show hasn't even been inaugurated yet and people are already complaining...
>>
>>2237772
You are an idiot.
Go outside of /u/ once in a while.
>>
>>2237772
>bislut
She’s a fucking dragon, she shouldn’t even be attracted to humans
>>
>>2237805
Yuribait for comedy aside, Tooru and Kobayashi have a familial relationship.
>>
>>2237772
It's just a dumb comedy. If you expect it to treat yuri seriously and sensitively you should drop it now and forget about it. Don't try to make everything into a Hibike, if there's only one kind of serious yuri you're interested in, then only read yuri that is confirmed to be like that, not series where the author clearly has different aims
>>
>>2237808
Married couples are pretty familial
>>
>>2237779
>love transcends gender
Yeah, fuck that.

>>2237780
It isn't very convincing to call it a joke when you want it to show how insignificant it is and then treat it as serious when you need to use it for evidence.

>>2237818
It does treat yuri seriously sometimes. That is kind of the point and why I was mad at it. I'm not making it a Hibikek and that doesn't even make sense to me since that was known het and this was yuri from the start.

Apparently no one is allowed to dislike this chapter without having to either drop the manga immediately or be educated on the obvious fact that the manga is part comedy ad nauseam. Just once I'd like to see someone say how they didn't like how Tooru and Kobayashi acted during the chapter without people clamoring to defend it.
>>
>>2237853
I don't think any claimed that the chapter was brilliant and had to be enjoyed by everyone, but when people start wondering whether it'll turn the entire anime into something it's clearly not or go on about "bislut" Toru that's a bit different than going "meh, don't like that chapter" or something ...
>>
>>2237853
Did anyone here actually like the chapter? I like futa and I didn’t like the chapter, but I don’t think it ruined the entire rest of the manga.
>>
>>2237865
For me it was kinda unfair on the author side to show us, look male Kobayashi-san has a hard-on for Tooru, while female Kobayashi-san as her normal gender is not sexually interested in Tooru body aside of her waering maid uniform fetish.

I would prefer if they simply gave Kobayashi-san some aphrodisiac where she would become horny for Tooru in her female body, but then maybe it would be too yuri, so in author mind it was better to remove that and put genderbending element for hard-on joke reason aqnd to show that Tooru would fuck anything regarding of gender.
>>
>>2237879
Male Kobayashi had a hard on for Tooru but lost it as soon as she removed her maid clothes though.
>>
>>2229438
>They're sleeping in the same bed cute. Was this in the manga I don't remember.

What's this??? KyokoxAyano
>>
>>2237879
I took it as a joke mocking how males are this overly sexual beings with no control over themselves, yet, you and a lot of morons took it as a personal insult to yuri for some idiotic reason.
>>
>>2237879
Tooru would fuck Kobayashi without giving a fuck about her gender though, she hasn't shown any interest in anyone else to say that she would fuck anything, but whatever keep being paranoid over nothing.
>>
>>2239515
Yeah, Tooru is simply Kobayashisexual, she went on a sex rampage after seeing that she grew a dick because that was her chance to breed with her, but I can't blame people for disliking that gag either, it was a bit uncalled for in what's supposed to be a yuri manga.
>>
>>2239575
>it was a bit uncalled for in what's supposed to be a yuri manga
I was under the impression these kinds of things are comedies first, yuri second.
>>
>>2239639
>http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kobayashi_san_chi_no_maid_dragon_ch10#14
No, the original idea was to create a romance. Cool just made it gay dragons instead of het.
>>
>>2236661
Draw some yourself then.
>>
>>2239575
Can't blame them either, but to say that Tooru became a whore who would fuck anything as long as it moves is overly exaggerating the situation. Could that particular gag would've been done in a more tasteful manner? Of course, but i highy doubt people would've reacted differently than the way they are right now.

>>2239654
It's not even a romance at the end of the day. It's a SoL story about a dragon living in the human world who happened to fell in love with a girl.
>>
>>2239759
>would've reacted differently than the way they are right now
I think if the author would would change it into that other dragon giving Kobayashi dragon love potion where she would feel horny as a female towards her dragons at home no one here would complain, since this is a yuri board not a het one.

But like I said last time it would make it too yuri series if Kobayashi as female lead would feel sexually attracted to her female dragons so author prefered to use old boring penis joke instead.
>>
>>2239759
Plus, it comes with the typical Japanese fiction attitude of "let's not take lesbians too seriously" (that is, unless they write some doom and gloom drama where either everyone ends in a "proper" marriage at the end or commits suicide or both).

In that vein, I think Kobayashi is supposed this (outside her maid obsession) very typical, normal Japanese office worker, contrasting to the crazy fantasy character of a dragon-maid. A very typical, normal Japanese office worker is not an out-of-the-closet lesbian. She wouldn't even consider the possibility. Therefor, that chapter was used to illustrate feelings she herself most likely was not aware of, providing a suitable excuse by giving her "the thing" to blame it on.

There, very deep.
>>
>>2239764
That is exactly how i saw the chapter, but you won't see many people sharing this opinion very often in here, since apparently, it was only done in order to ilustrate how dickcrazed Tooru really is.
>>
File: hisa.jpg (123KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
hisa.jpg
123KB, 1024x576px
>>2237841
That would also explain the lack of sexual interest or romance.
>>
File: kobayashi.jpg (119KB, 900x672px) Image search: [Google]
kobayashi.jpg
119KB, 900x672px
Maybe this is promising? 性的に
>>
>>2240750
That isn't anything new though. Tooru says that in the manga too.
>>
>>2240753
Sure, but now we know it's something Kyoani is sticking to at least.
>>
>>2240754
No surprise since KyoAni usually adds a lot of gay to their adaptations.
>>
>>2240750
So there's really no viable way that Kobayashi can end up with anyone else because if that were to happen Tooru will simply murder everyone including Kobayashi.
>>
>>2241007
They never commit to it though. They like to add gay subtext to a lot of their series, but it never goes nowhere.
>>
>>2241330
Deko/Shinka were pretty close and had one more kiss then the hetero couple.

And it is not like the manga has any full romance development yet.
>>
File: sleeping in the bed.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping in the bed.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
Anime of the year
anti kyoani bfto!
>>
File: licking shirt 03.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
licking shirt 03.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
they add a bit original content
>>
>>2241503
Man, she's hungry
>>
>KyoAni wont do yuri they said.
>>
>>2241570
I hope this series will finally shut the retarded Hibikekers up and we can go about without people screaming shit at KyoAni, one of the few studios to add tons of yuri.
>>
Tooru is the faster character who ever say ''I love you'' on kyoani serie
>>
File: kobayashisan7.jpg (573KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kobayashisan7.jpg
573KB, 1280x720px
That backdrop though
>>
>>2237808
You just got proved wrong in today's episode, what were you even trying with this post?
>>
>>2241570
We should pray to some yuri goddesses that it would sell more than 3k then.
>>
>>2241575
I highly doubt it. Retards will keep on hating on KyoAni for no logical reason.
>>
>>2241575
The problem with Hibike and KyoAni isn't that they didn't add yuri. The problem is that they added it to a couple that was destined to end in het. Some people saw the yuri and hoped that maybe they were going to disregard the het part of the novel, and got baited.

There's nothing like that with this show.
>>
>>2241594
>maybe they were going to disregard the het part of the novel
Which they did, kinda.
>>
File: tooru hug.webm (891KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
tooru hug.webm
891KB, 1080x720px
so cute, so cute, so cute
>>
Why did Kobayashi invite her to her place? maybe Tohru has a chance when she's drunk.
>>
>>2241626
Thought the same thing.
>>
File: bed.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bed.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Kobayashi feels more feminine than expected. Does she get more violent with Tohru as the story goes on?
>>
>>2241594
The problem is people don't understand that Hibike is about realistic bisexual girls.. It's not "yuribait" just because they didn't get together, it's just an authentic story about authentic teenage characters.
>>
>>2241626
You get a bit more in-depth of their first encounter in ch32
>>
>>2241638
How about you expound on Hibikek's 'realism' in its own thread?
>>
>>2241653
Already did. Sorry I don't want to derail this one or anything, I just couldn't resist responding since it was brought up
>>
>>2241659
>I don't want to, but I will anyway
>>
>>2241638
>realistic
>bisexual
So basically the worst of the worst? Glad I didn't fell for the Hibikek meme then.
>>
>>2241662
That's the way the world works
>>
>>2241664
Please stop bi-shaming
>>
>>2241669
You clearly don't understand what the point of /u/ is, you would probably be more comfortable if you just left. Besides, we don't need to bi-shame anyone here, they do it to themselves.
>>
>>2241594
>
This

it's a hilarious dishonest adaptation, prunning out the male character and playing up the yuri fanservice to pander to losers like us, but without committing to any of it

Completely unnacceptable
>>
>>2241679
>>2238416
>>
Did they censor the Yuri?
>>
>>2241713
No.
>>
>>
>>2241719
I'm sold.
>>
>>2241713
No. There was a male coworker dude but
1) He's an otaku
2) Tohru left it clear she loves Kobayashi and she's a dragon.
Dude won't dare make any moves
>>
>>2241679
>there are people on /u/ RIGHT NOW who would have preferred that yuri subtext be discarded in favor of het because it's more "honest"

It wasn't supposed to be like this.
>>
>>2241713
Pretty sure the only stuff that's likely to be censored are the nipples.
>>
>>2241674
Don't reply to tumblr, it only encourages them.
>>
So this is the only real Yuri anime of the year so far?
>>
>>2241725
That's not what we're saying. We're saying that if an anime is going to end in het anyway, don't bother making it seem like yuri. That's just going to bait yuri fans who'll be sad when the het happens.

If we had the power to discard something, of course we'd discard the het.
>>
>>2241723
We already knew that though, they are just co-workers, drinking buddies and fellow maid enthusiasts.
He is more than likely ending with Fafnir if anything.
>>
>>2241590
Blind loyalty and defending a corporation than couldn't give a shit about you is even more retarded, onee-san

So they're adapting a series with yuri (mostly used for comedy) this season. What if next season they adapt a harem series? /u/ will probably be whining about how KyoAni has "betrayed" them or some bullshit like that.
>>
>>2241762
Your post reminded me of the hilarious salt explosions that happened when Kyoani announced Free. Jesus christ, that was something else
>>
File: DUMB.jpg (327KB, 850x600px) Image search: [Google]
DUMB.jpg
327KB, 850x600px
Is this yuri or not?
>>
>>2241767
Yes.
>>
>>2241754
what about LWA?
>>
>>2241767
Very. But it also has a single straight dragon ( that wants to fuck little boys) and a gay male Dragon, Fafnir.
>>
>>2241776
The shotacon dragon also raped her sister so there is that
>>
>>2241754
Not really, from all the yuri friendly shows I watched first episodes off, Urara Meirochou is my yuri favourite so far, then goes LWA and Kobayashi slighty 3rd.
>>
>>2241762
Their next work is probably a harem because is based on a LN. So they could start now, already.
>>
>>2241776
Don't forget kana and her classmate.
>>
File: 60898399_p0.png (357KB, 594x800px) Image search: [Google]
60898399_p0.png
357KB, 594x800px
Well then
>>
>>2241310
Pretty much. Basically, its as /u/ friendly as it can get.
>>
>2241865
Because we don't give him attention like you.
Protip: You're just as bad for complaining.
>>
Great first episode
>>
>>2241866
Protip: he's only complaining to stir up shit anyway. It's the same faggot who shits up the general thread.
>>
>>2241762
>Blind loyalty and defending a corporation than couldn't give a shit about you is even more retarded, onee-san

I am simply staying calm and rational.
>>
>>2241762
It's called a job. Animation studios take on all kinds of genres cos they need the work. If you want them to be exclusively yuri, you best become a lesbillionaire and buy them out.
>>
I love Kobayashi so much. OL are best, and deadpan, sardonic OL are even better.
>>
File: dragon.webm (578KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.webm
578KB, 1280x720px
lol'd at this bit
>>
>>2241762
The yuri is not mostly used for comedy in this series. Tooru's feelins for Kobayashi are the real deal, her desire to fuck her is the one thing used for comedy though.
>>
>>2241679
>hilarious dishonest adaptation
>Completely unnacceptable
Fee fi fo fum, look at this entitled scum
>>
File: dragon gonna raep.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
dragon gonna raep.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>
File: manga diference.png (745KB, 815x1101px) Image search: [Google]
manga diference.png
745KB, 815x1101px
they change this scene for better, adsolute madstudio!
>>
>>2242167
There's a lot of nice little fun stuff with the art so far.

Like the way the office looks sketched, almost, or like a different art style from the characters sitting at the computers.
>>
>>2241634
>violent
?

Kobayashi is steady as a rock normally. Actually I think the part of the first ep where she got drunk was a bit overdone and seemed out of character to me.
>>
>>2242823
>overdone
I thought so too, actually. Her tone was more aggressive than I'd imagined.
>>
>>2242823
But she acts the same way in the manga, i think its jusr because we don't get to hear her tone in the chapter that you think she acts out of character. Besides, it has been established that Kobayashi is a completely different person when drunk.
>>
So how powerful is Tooru/Tohru? In the anime she split the sky, and in the bio she said he is capable of destroying the entire world.
>>
>>2242167
What program is Kobayashi using?
>>
>>2242574
>adsolute
Come on, everyone knows you're faking it now
>>
>>2241767
Fucking gay.
Doesn't take many minutes into the first ep before Tooru confesses she loves Kobayashi in a sexual way. That's pretty explicit.
And like I get it's a comedy and the scene itself had a humorous vibe. But she meant it.
>>
File: 1484218272186.jpg (248KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484218272186.jpg
248KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>2242932

super strong, but not the unquestioned strongest dragon. That's enough for the purposes of a slice of life manga so that's likely about as much as it's going to be defined.
>>
File: a cute babydragondyke.jpg (29KB, 300x519px) Image search: [Google]
a cute babydragondyke.jpg
29KB, 300x519px
>>2242948
>>
>>2242950
I really don't remember specifics but isn't part of her backstory about how she is the top dog of chaos dragons?
>>
>>2242958
she's implied to be one of the strongest, but she's never described as the most powerful dragon.
>>
>>2242971
If she's that all powerful how did she managed to get defeated?
>>
>>2242989
A god stepped up to put her down. Like I said, she's really strong but not the strongest thing kicking around her homeworld.
>>
>>2242991
How the heck did Kobayashi remove the sword that imprisoned her? Doing in while in a drunken stupor I might add...
>>
>>2243009
>asking why a person does things while drunk
That's not how it works.
>>
>>2243009
So far the implication is that her mind was protected from Divine brainsplosions by her severe case of inebriation.

What I want to know is why the army/god did not finish off Tooru after skewering her.
>>
>>2243016
She ran away into hiding.
>>
>>2242991
It's not just any god, it's all but stated that it was the Christian God. St. George's boss decided that he should step into the matter directly.

>>2243009
Kobayashi is a dyke. We all know that Satan was a lesbian.
>>
>>2241767
No. Just comedy.
>>
I havent moved on from Hibike yet. I dont think Im ready to watch yuribaiting from kyoani for now, give me some time till my heart is ready to suffer again
>>
>>2243097
No mutually exclusive.
>>
>>2243141
Accurate in this instance though.
>>
>>2243119
Hibike was based on het source material.
>>
>>2243245
When will those people learn? They keep complaining about KyoAni baiting and they forget that that shit was never going to end in yuri since the source material was never yuri.
>>
>>2243250
No idea I never watched Hibike because I actually know the source material. A simple read on the Wiki was enough for me to avoid it.
>>
>>2243245
And KyoAni added yuribait to it. How is this so hard to understand?
>>
>>2243285
Subtext isn't the same thing as bait.
>>
>>2243285
At most that's a reason to take it out of the bin pile and in to the "wait and see" pile.
>>
>>2243387
It is when you undermine the subtext by making it clear it isn't real and that the girls will probably get boyfriends in the future.
>>
>>2243604
You keep rehashing this bullshit argument, which only serves to make it easier to filter out trolls like you.
>>
>series is about a qt dragon meido unquestionably in love (sexually, even) with a snarky OL
>An interesting and cute premise
>Retards continue to argue over Hibike multiple times in the thread

Please, kill yourselves.
>>
>>2243642
I would talk about it but I'm waiting for the dub.
>>
>>2243642
Should just go to the Urara threads. /u/ doesn't deserve maid dragon
>>
>>2243642
Thanks for being part of the problem borcicle. Anything else you wanna bitch about due to ignorance of anime cycles?
>>
>>2243721
Bad b8
>>
>>2237779
Kobayashi didn't have gender before?
>>
>>2244235
How dare we assume Kobayashi's gender, didn't you know Japanese is gender pronoun-less?
>>
>>2243009
>How the heck did Kobayashi remove the sword that imprisoned her? Doing in while in a drunken stupor I might add...
Tohru's theory is that Kobayashi is faithless. Kobayashi does not have any god in her heart, so god has no power over her.

Note that we never heard what happened to that sword. My favourite theory is that Kobayashi took it home and stored it away, then forgot all about it the next day. A divine dragon-killing sword can come in handy one day.
>>
>>2242932
>So how powerful is Tooru/Tohru? In the anime she split the sky, and in the bio she said he is capable of destroying the entire world.
She is weaker than Leviathan, but stronger than Rahab. She also stated that she will likely outlive planet Earth.

Also note that planet Earth has low mana, so everyone in the story is weaker than they were back in their home worlds. Back in Tohru's world even humans have massive magic powers like you see in video-games.
>>
>>2244533
So her homeworld is basically Gensokyo but with lesbians.
>>
>>2244540
>So her homeworld is basically Gensokyo but with lesbians.
It is sort of a spoiler, but our Earth is neutral ground in the dragon wars because it was NOT created by any god nor did it have any native dragons. So it was agreed that our world was left as is and no one was allowed to claim it. The lack of divine influence could be why the magic potential is so low. But in exchange Earth is peaceful in the scheme of things, and isn't getting blown up every second month.

That was why Tohru said that "rules are strict here", she is not suppose to allow to kill anyone in our world. Technically she isn't even suppose to be here. She portal-ed here when she was dying, because it was the only place she knew she could die in peace and quiet.
>>
>>2244545
Spoiler from where? Untranslated chapters?

Do you know how long Tohru was on the mountain before Kobayashi pulled the sword from her?
>>
>>2244555
>Spoiler from where? Untranslated chapters?
>Do you know how long Tohru was on the mountain before Kobayashi pulled the sword from her
The majority of the talk about Earth is based on the chapter with Tohru's father. He was very specific that there are no Dragons here. And if any god had claimed Earth it would not have been treated as neutral ground.

In the Comiket chapter you find out that many lesser magic races had already migrated to Earth as refugees, running from the never-ending war. One point of tension was how Elma suspected Tohru of trying to conquer Earth, and she came here to stop her alleged invasion. Tohru just wants to call it quits as the war lost all meaning to her.
>>
>>2244559
I thought this was supposed to be a SOL Comedy, why all of these useless plot?
>>
>>2244602
>I thought this was supposed to be a SOL Comedy, why all of these useless plot?
Because dragons, anon. Dragons are never "just there", they are too major in the scheme of things.
>>
>>2244609
Y...you're right anon... When I played Dragon Age Origins I expected to be a highly moddable dating sim. But fucking dragons man...
>>
>>2244559
>migrated to Earth as refugees, running from the never-ending war.
>hates God and his servants so much
>take any job no matter how degrading
I didn't know that anime can be so /pol/itical these days.
>>
Porn of it when?
>>
>>2244671
#Dragonlivesmatter
>>
What could challenge a dragon that can casually end the world, even on a weakened state?

>>2244609
For the most part, dragons in the Tolkien verse were "just there", and the only one that actually did something (Glaurung) was also "just there" for a really long time.
>>
>>2244907
This sort of "dragons are left-overs from a previous age and don't do much anymore" is part of the setting of a lot of fantasy worlds.

On the other hand, there's also a bunch were it's all about the dragons, so it's not like it's necessarily one or the other ...
>>
>>2244671
>hates God and his servants so much
I wish.
Would make the crisis way more simple.
Anyway, let's talk about relevant things:
>>2244559
Do we see other races?
>>
>>2243620
He's right, however.
Forget about Hibikek already, there's so much better stuff now.
>>
>>2244919
>Do we see other races?
Only one chapter so far with the lesser races, so I don't think we would go any further than dragons plus gods. There would be too many complications. It is just made clear that most magic races run away from a dragon on sight, because Dragons historically eat them. Tohru doesn't deny nor feel sorry about having to do this.
>>
>>2244907
>forgetting Ancalagon
>>
>>2244955
All he did was stand there and look big, then die and do a lot of damage on the way down.
>>
I'm surprised at how popular this seems vs how little fanart it has.
>>
>>2244970
>even Kyoani suffers from the yuri curse
I guess they didn't find a way.
>>
>>2244540
>So her homeworld is basically Gensokyo but with lesbians.
This meme needs to die
>>
>>2244744
For for the chapter with the dick.
>>
>>2244980
Give it some time, nee-san.

I trust that Kyoani can find a way. It'd be hard not to, when your premise is qt dragon maids and OLs
>>
>>2245023
>>2244744
Wait for*, jesus.

>>2245026
But official pairings are useless to fans. You have to give them the chance to pair whoever they like, else they find no reason to do fanart.
>>
>>2245029
>Keep us relevant by making fan arts please.

In comparison, I don't see chinese people making fan art of the Transformer. Southpark doesn't have it. Rick & Morty has it, but it's not to fill a gap or a fantasy that is missing in the canon.
>>
>>2245040
>Southpark doesn't have it

Lurk more.
>>
>>2245021
So it's like every other meme that needs to die but with lesbians.
>>
>>2244919
>Do we see other races?
Races as in what? Tohru and her friends are technically all separate races.
>>
>>2244970
Who whoa, don't jinx it man, it could turn into the next Nichijou.
>>
>>2244970
At least Kobayashi is unattractive enough that there won't be as much temptation for people to draw faceless males raping her.
>>
File: 60957650_p1.png (527KB, 1200x1728px) Image search: [Google]
60957650_p1.png
527KB, 1200x1728px
>>
>>2245601
Where is the tail? Where is the tail sex?
>>
>>2245605
Kobayashi ate it.
>>
Is this series going to be released weekly?
I'm really enjoying it.
>>
>Saikawa will be voiced by Emiri Katou
My body is ready. Do you think they'll keep a lot of her sexual jokes given her age?
>>
File: dragon family.jpg (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dragon family.jpg
283KB, 1920x1080px
they again improved the yuri in the episode
Kobayashi/Tohru/kanna look like a family
really, Kyoani never get tired of find away
>>
>>2247187
>new
That is Lucoa, we have know about her for ages now
>>
>>2247050
The fucking better. Kanna and Saikawa are the only reciprocated yuri so far.

>>2247190
>The worst dragon too. Praying for Kyoani to remove or reduce her side plot.
>>
>>2247194
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>2247195
My bad. The > was a typo.
>>
>>2247194
Going by the OP and ED it seems they actually increased both Fafnir's and Lucoa's roles.
>>
>>2247194
Just because she's a slut?! More respect for sluts!
>>
File: 1484757962032.png (142KB, 341x684px) Image search: [Google]
1484757962032.png
142KB, 341x684px
Youngest yuri pairing I've seen after papicoco.
>>
>>2247217
>youngest
Kanna is eond old my neesama
>>
>>2247217
*youngest looking pardon. Kana must be like 10000+ years old.
>>
>>2247194
>busty ara ara
>worst
She may be bi, but that doesn't make her worst.
>>
File: it's that time of the month.jpg (76KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
it's that time of the month.jpg
76KB, 848x480px
This kind of reaction is actually kind of cute... nah, never mind, not my type.
>>
Did Tohru fight in the crusades? She mentioned Crusader castles.
>>
>>2247253
Her fantasy homeland has those medieval knights (and therefore medieval castles) aplenty.
>>
>>2247187
>If you have respect for this board

Oh you.
>>
The more I watch this the more it looks like Kobayashi will end up with her Otaku co-worker. I'm scared /u/.
>>
>>2247285
Nah, m8. They're both far too much into maids to even consider each other.
>>
>>
>>2247285
Go read the manga and you wont be.
>>
Why am I noticing a lot more people are starting to use the incorrect Tohru instead of what we already knew for the last year as Tooru?
>>
>>2247285
Hes gay.
>>
>>2247172
I don't come here often, but I must know,
is there any chance we'll actually get full /u/ from this?

Or is it just gonna be another round of cute girls doing cute/lewd things but no kissing?

I don't know if I can take the teasing with it this pure and blatant.
>>
>>2247298
The anime won't have any kissing.
>>
Only watching one show this season, which one has more yuri this or LWA?
>>
>>2247293
Neither is incorrect. They're just different ways of transliterating the same sound.
>>
>>2247302
This one has two pairs. So far lwa's been fun but yuri wise it's dead.
>>
>>2247306
TBQH there's very little yuri in both. This season is quite dry in yuri.
>>
>>2247293
Neither are incorrect. Toru and Touru are technically valid, too.

Tōru is the "most correct" transliteration, in that it's the least ambiguous.
>>
>>2247307
I don't mind comedy with yuri. Urara also has lesbian crushes if someone wants to check. After flipflap and izetta it's nice to catch a break until our savio/u/r citrus comes to earth.
>>
>>2247302
Watch them both. If you've got time to be hanging around on /u/ then clearly you can afford to waste an additional 24 minutes of your life per week.

>>2247293
It's the official spelling as far as the subs and the licensed manga are concerned.
>>
>>2247317
The subs used the word cuckold so I don't think they have to be taken seriously.
>>
>>2247285
Nah, he gets his own dragon butler.
>>
>>2247320
>People meme about translations literally going "Oh this food looks delicious Thank you Aoi-san! Itadakimasu!"
>Show uses the word "Netorare"
>Instead of putting dumb nip up in the subtitles, they actually translate it to the closest approximation of cuckoldry this time
>"THAT'S NOT WHAT IT MEANS! Why didn't they just say NTR?"

Sometimes I don't get you people.
>>
I just hope they keep the "THAT BASTARD'S SON?"
>>
File: 3p.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3p.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
I like what kyoani is doing. Show is fun and the yuri is cute but also scenes like this are appreciated. It makes it feel more like kanna and her two mommies.
>>
File: Custest family.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Custest family.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>2247338
>It makes it feel more like kanna and her two mommies.
The dynamic definitely feels like that.
>>
Would /u/ eat her tail?
>>
>>2247332
>https://imgur.com/gallery/ROklS
same here
I need it
I also need those Kanna x Saikawa moments

btw i paid more attention to the op now and it seems the anime will end before the Iruru arc
>>
>>2247367
Raw
>>
>>2247370
Got to leave something for season 2
>>
>>2247370
Iruru is the loli titty monster? Madokami, I hope that never gets animated.
>>
>>2247383
Iruru is the best character in this.
>>
>>
>>
>>2247285
The more I read posts like this the easier it gets to filter concern trolling and the replies.
>>
>>2247383
yup, and i also kind of hope so...that arc is super sexist and the"i don't have a penis so we: cant be together/cant like u/cant feel attracted to u" rlly pissed me off and yeah I know that it's not 100% bad since we see kobayashi helping Iruru and the thing gets a bit deep but well...it's Japan i guess
Still...if it gets a season 2 like >>2247381
said, that would be cool! overall I rlly have enjoyed the manga a lot and have hopes for the anime (which have been doing a good job till now)
>>
>>2247370
There could be chances for 2nd op...

Unless they plan to end episode 12 with the meeting with Tooru father. I prefer the anime end with the battle with Iruru arc.
>>
>>2247593
You must be 18 or older to browse this site.
>>
>>2247651
im 18+
what does that have to do with my opinion?
what u said doesn't make sense
>>
This is going to flop harder than Nichijou and bankrupt KyoAni.
>>
>>2247397
Huh, does those triangles have any meaning? Or just random symbols they choose by smashing the keyboard?
>>
>>2247697
It's clearly not on the budget level of other Kyoani works. Pretty much every animator is a newbie so it's just a training exercise for their new blood with a cute series they liked.
>>
Honestly I think the jokes are on point, and Tohru/Tooru and Kanna is cute as fuck. I kinda wish Kobayashi was a guy so it wouldn't flop though.
>>
File: Already taken the family name.jpg (180KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Already taken the family name.jpg
180KB, 1280x720px
>>2247717
Probably just random symbols, but it's an interesting coincidence that they're showing triangle symbols right before having Kobayashi asking Tohru about what she tastes like.
>>
>>2247777
Don't worry /a/non, there'll be plenty of faceless male gangraping Tooru doujins for you to enjoy
>>
>>2247777
We get one of you fuckers already? Its barely episode 2 and you're already saying its flopping because it doesn't have a man. Fucking kek.
>>
>>2247697

You from the future? How did /u/ reacted to the NTR anime?
>>
I'm glad they faithfully adapt Lucoa's Lucoas from manga. Also it's interesting to see that her breast are just 'pretty huge' instead of 'damn Madokami that's huge' when the camera are not focused on them. In manga her breast always takes like half the page whenever she appear so it's easy to overestimate them.
>>
>>2247788
It DOES have a man, though. Two, even.

But is it flopping? Considering Japan's tastes lately, I'm going to bet on yes, and the generic fanservice haremshit is selling like hotcakes.
>>
>>2247797
I meant to say "a man in the main role," but i agree with you there, Japan taste in anime is shit sometimes.
>>
File: this show is lewd.png (458KB, 515x586px) Image search: [Google]
this show is lewd.png
458KB, 515x586px
>>
File: weak baby dragon.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
weak baby dragon.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>2247822
>>
File: mom and child.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
mom and child.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>2247823
>>
File: hand holding lewd.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hand holding lewd.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>2247824
>>
File: dragon pet.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dragon pet.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>2247826
>>
>>2247797
>generic fanservice haremshit.
Is there even one this season? The last one I remember (Masou Gakuen) flopped hard
>>
File: 03_04.jpg (80KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
03_04.jpg
80KB, 640x360px
>>2247593
I feel like that arc purpose was to show that Kobayashi is together with Tohru because not only Kobayashi enjoy Tohru company, she also respect and care for her. Fucking Tohru just because she have a dick after she mostly ignore Tohru advances is not only bad on multitude levels it is also very rude to Tohru. How Cool executed it was very bad but that doesn't mean the intent wasn't clear.

Cool wanted to show that Kobayashi's empathy are the reason why she get along well with Tohru, and other dragons to lesser extent. That alone is clear, but how he did it is really far from satisfactory. I know Cool is a porn mangaka and all but that's not good enough reason to justify a misstep like this. For example, Pennel, also a porn mangaka and his Murakomo x FemTeitoku doujin is heartwarming, bitter sweet, and very nuanced. Way better than his porn imo. If they do get to Iruru arc in anime, they have to trim the fuck out of it.

Fortunately, they seem to be okay with adding and fiddling with new materials to fill in the blanks. Next week episode preview said that they're moving to a new apartment. So instead of meeting other dragons at Christmas party, Kobayashi gonna meet them in housewarming party. Sadly this means "That bastard's son" is still far away.
>>
>>2247797
>generic fanservice haremshit
>selling like hotcake
I hate to break your illusion but, with few exceptions, those are the lowest selling anime. And the main exception is Bakemonogatari, which somehow sold more than Madoka.

With manga and light novels it's a different story.
>>
>>2247840
They've already blown through Volume 1, skipping a couple chapters that will probably be fit in later. She doesn't appear in the OP but Iruru will probably show up towards the end. I imagine Chapter 32 will be the the end, with the battle between Tohru and Iruru extended to give it more of an epic "finale" feel.
>>
>>2247840
I'm pretty sure the joke is not about how a woman can't lust after other (others characters did that already), but about how male lust is stronger than women's.

Still stupid, but pretty standard thinking, not only on Japan.
>>
File: 140-141.png (2MB, 1688x1200px) Image search: [Google]
140-141.png
2MB, 1688x1200px
>>2247857
Yeah, that was just a 'joke', personally not a fan of it, but not like it did a real damage to the narrative so eh. I feel like even though there have been many discussion about the bad (joke) part, the discussion about the other part is pretty minimum. And it's not really healthy to be stuck on that single point either, so I hope the anime will bring new discussion about it when it reached that arc.

>>2247844
Gotta disagree with you here. If you skim through the raw, ch48 is way-way more fitting to end the series. I mean it start as a slice of life, so ending it on epic battle with emotions running high is not really fitting. I don't know if they'll ever reached vol.5 but I sure hope they do. This part really melts my heart.
>>
>>2247330
I think you're on the wrong board. /a/ is that way <-
>>
>>2247373
You'll die.
>>
>>2247862
7 equally-priced volumes of Maid Dragon mean the equivalent of 14 episodes (and at least 1 OVA)

http://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/pn/%E3%80%90Blu-ray%E3%80%91TV+%E5%B0%8F%E6%9E%97%E3%81%95%E3%82%93%E3%81%A1%E3%81%AE%E3%83%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B4%E3%83%B3+7/pd/1440060/

The vast majority of manga chapters are light 12 page bite size vignettes that only result in about 5 or so minutes of content each episode. As such, they've easily been covering four chapters with time to spare for some anime original transition scenes.

If the anime keeps up its pacing up to the first double length chapter (38) it will easily cover Iruru's introduction arc and then some.
>>
>>2247912
I heard about Kobayashi having 14 episodes but how is that supposed to work? Are they gonna air all 14 episodes or the 14th episode is a BD only? This is confusing to me only because airing odd numbered episodes is rare nowadays. A decade ago I wouldn't even blink at this but now I don't know.
>>
>>2247920
13 for the TV run and one BD exclusive episode. There's nothing exceptional about it.
>>
>>2247923
I dunno, normally you call the extra BD only episode an OVA. Having an OVA on top of that 14th ep threw me off. But anyway that clears that up, cheers mate.
>>
>>2247797
>and the generic fanservice haremshit is selling like hotcakes.

90% of all harem flop harder then even yuri shows do.
>>
>>2247797
Konosuba is not haremshit
>>
>>2248134
Really? Not challenging, just wondering. It does look like one.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-01-20-02h03m40s733.png (725KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-20-02h03m40s733.png
725KB, 1280x738px
That's pretty gay dude.
>>
>>2247217
I like the amount of emphasis what's-her-face has in the opening and ending. Meybe we'll get some enhanced yuri goodness out of her.
>>
>>2248321
I would say only one girl has any real romantic interest in the male MC. The other one is a masochist who would accept anybody and the goddess is more like a sibling.
>>
>>2248614
Technically there are 2 other possible romantic interests ... apparently people really want to turn that story into a harem seriously...
To be fair with all "ecchi" and "Moe" also do not sell well ... many things that people think they sell well, usually fail horribly...

About "Kobayashi-san" I'm glad you use a different character design than people use for all their damn "multi-anime-amvs" videos
>>
I like the OP more than I expected to. It's cute and catchy
>>
>>2247697
Nichijou wasn't a flop, moron.

http://www.someanithing.com/1020
>>
>>2249205

Oh for sure my man. That's why season 2 is just around the corner.
>>
>>2247826
This moment was awesome. Not just because of hand-holding and blushing but because of how it wasn't played off as some non-conscious thing on Kobayashi's side. She did it because she saw how shaken Tooru was. And Tooru's reaction was so heart-warming and heart-wrenching at the same time.
>>
>>2249298
That has nothing to do with the sales.
>>
So, new thread when?
>>
new thread >>2251679
>>
>>2252132
say the awfuld hater that:
>ignoring the good typeset and the fixed one to keep complaying,
>ignoring the number of poster so the post to pretend that is only one person
>ignoring all the times my english was correct
>Ignoring that you can appeal any banned
>>
>>2243755
You being a retard?
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.