[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metall/u/rgy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 412
Thread images: 31

File: 1475375191463.png (620KB, 1138x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1475375191463.png
620KB, 1138x1110px
>Fics
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770

>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm

Previous thread: >>2170058
>>
File: 1478231041105.png (158KB, 5149x802px) Image search: [Google]
1478231041105.png
158KB, 5149x802px
>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving some amounts of science and additional amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple. The threads have a basic idea(or more) for all of the elements and are now working on expanding relationships, relationship histories, and other personal elements for the lesser known elements. Suggestions are welcome.
>>
Did Iron always have long hair or did she keep it short at one time?
>>
>>2180843
It was always long, or the length was at least not mentioned.
>>
Why the crying? I haven't been able to keep up, has this turned drama?
>>
>>2180874
Some anon mentioned how FeC is almost entirely angst ridden and they weren't fond of it. It led to the artist drawing that up since she loves angst. Might've also helped push for expanding Iron outside of angst
>>
>>2180874
It's all-you-can-eat drama when it comes to FeC.
>>
>>2180880
At least Steel isn't crushing on Iron
>>
>>2180897
>anxiousthallium.jpg
>>
>>2180903
Don't joke, I've been tempted to write a silly one shot about such a thing.
Can't decide if Iron should stop her or get surprised. Better than Carbon and Steel coming onto her I'd say.
>>
>>2180915
Iron realized what was going on at a point, right? She would probably formally reintroduce herself to Steel after apologizing to Carbon, not expecting to be forgiven.
>>
>>2180922
Oh yeah but this would be more of a ones hot about what happened if Carbon was mad at Iron for a more recent reason and didn't get formally introduced. Leading to Steel only knowing Iron as Ferra until she tried to kiss Iron.
Like I said though, such a thing would be a one off if I wrote it.
Oz's story has got me interested in a FeC meeting that I plan on doing after some things.
>>
>>2180926
Now that would be dramatic.

Sounds interesting!
>>
>>2180928
No promises. About anything though.
>>
>>2180937
That's fair.
>>
>tfw didn't notice the new thread was up

Anyway on more meta news, the 4chan divegrass cup is on and C scored for /u/...two times...and even got the MOTM distinction (it was a draw though)
>>
>>2181216
Excellent job, C.
>>
>>2181216
Metal of the Match.
>>
tfw I sneaked in custom goal celebrations for Metall/u/rgy even though they're usually reserved for the medals
>>
>>2181228
Sneaky.
>>
So real dumb question but when posting something in ao3 which tag or code is needed to link things or works?
>>
>>2181361
To link it to the Metall/u/rgy series page? You need to be added as an "author."
>>
>>2181373
Not quite what I meant, but I'll just work around it.
>>
File: 1459652186420.png (225KB, 696x798px) Image search: [Google]
1459652186420.png
225KB, 696x798px
Iron's little misadventure continues since Oz's oneshot got me inspired. Hopefully it isn't too bad
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8471005/chapters/19409029

And since the thread has a certain trend, here's something similar to what I imagine Iron was listening to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mDtHrNihqE
>>
>>2181413
Good character development for Iron and Zinc.
>>
>>2181413
Nickel seems like a bit of a gossip
>>
>>2181413

Wow very good [spoice]nice Pliny reference[/spoiler]

However 1800 words is quite enough to be a standalone work, and if you plan to write more about Fe, you could even make a multi-chapter work dedicated to it with this and your previous work.

Your decision of course
>>
>>2180922
>>2180915
>...You look so much like your mother.
>>
>>2181788

Well that's the standard MO; works are their separate entry, but if you plan a series of short stories you can just make one to avoid cluttering the page like I or KB9 did, but even that is not an obligation

A separate entry for each work also make tags relevant
>>
>>2181789
Alright, you make a good argument. I will probably retool it when I post something else that deals with it. On the topic of something else, what's the word on writing up a profile? I'm slightly tempted to make a rough one for Mithril.
>>
>>2181791

"The word" ?
>>
>>2181793
Fuck I am tired if I messed that up, would there be anything against me writing a profile for mithril?
>>
>>2181795

Absolutely nothing, everybody's welcome to contribute

>Fuck I am tired if I messed that up

Go to bed already, Fe
>>
File: Diamond brace.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Diamond brace.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Also, I'm gonna leave this there
>>
>>2181796
Maybe in a bit. Gotta piece together who else could be thrown under Mithril's relationships beyond the obvious. Only one I'm on the fence about is carbon.
>>
>>2181786
No Iron don't. You'll make Steel's infatuation grow deeper
>>
>>2181800
That would most likely be a "no" on Carbon. Mi's daughter knows her, but other than that there's no connection.
>>
>>2181842
I'd ship it.
>>
Should He be in her 20s or 30s?
>>
>>2182477
Never mind, just checked the chart. Didn't realize it was already set.
>>
Who are Praseodymium's friends? If she has more than one that is.
>>
>>2182665

Does she have friends? She had a girlfriend at one point but that's about it
>>
>>2182683
In theory, her sister and the twins could count. I'm sure one of the city council members could be viewed as her friend. Like how Li and Po became better acquainted through that work or rather the aftermath when they hit up bars.
>>
>>2182665
>>2182685
On some level, she might consider Po a friend.

Either way, Pr and Li would be good additions to Po's profile.
>>
>>2182763
Good point. I would like to throw out that Mithril might be on good terms with Pr if only from Pr using Mi as a facet for the police department and passing along stuff to one of the captains to send up the chain. If she wanted it to be kept quiet and informal.

Better than the idea of Mithril asking Pr about the mayor and being oblivious to the fact that she's talking to her. At first anyway. She'd eventually realize.
>>
>>2182768
That must be the real reason she's on the council!
>>
>>2182770
Who Mithril or Pr? Mithril's reason for being on the council is I think close to treasurer considering she was offered the spot after Silver turned it down. Pr gaining a way to talk to someone in the PD was probably a little bonus she discovered after meeting them at a dinner or something.
>>
>>2182768
>I would like to throw out that Mithril might be on good terms with Pr if only from Pr using Mi as a facet for the police department and passing along stuff to one of the captains to send up the chain. If she wanted it to be kept quiet and informal.

I really, really don't like this idea
>>
>>2182772
For Mi, treasurer would make sense.
>>
>>2182776
Or something close to it. I think Mithril would actually have to work for the city if she was to have the actual title. Depending on if we ever get more in-depth with the metropolis' government. I should stop overthinking things.
>>2182773
Yeah I agree now that I read it again. It doesn't fit the tone of the setting or Pr. Still though, I'm sure Pr is some degree of cordial or friendly with all the people on the council.
>>
>>2182779
Next she just needs to meet a certain scientist.
>>
>>2182783
I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for Pr to stumble into her cute little granola girl. Maybe a fund raiser or something for Se lead to them meeting earlier before the big issue happens that solidifies it.
>>
>>2182793
Oooh, nice idea.
>>
Was Silicon slated to be the one carrying SiGe? If so I say we should just settle Ge age and say she's in her early forties.
>>
>>2183527

The SiGe situation is pretty much open at the moment
>>
>>2183527
Ge seemed more to be the focus of previous discussion, at 35-40.
>>
>>2183569
>>2183528
Maybe, only reason why I'm suggesting early forties, like 41, would be how they're like an inverse to AlSc. 35~40 is a nice range though.
>>
>>2183579
That is a tempting idea, and still works if she's exactly 40. Either way, it's possible that she carries SiGe.
>>
>>2183587
True enough, though if they're the inverse that might allow for a longer history and some indication that Ge was a bit of a mentor for Silicon and helped cement Silice as the first megacorp depending on when it rose.

Speaking of them, is there some sort of history for their prominence? I've kind of gathered that Aluminium's corp was the most recent one while Silice and Ferric were formed within a yea few years of each other all things considered.
>>
>>2183616
Unless this math is wrong, Silicate, would be, at oldest, around seventeen years old.
>>
>>2183616
>Ge was a bit of a mentor for Silicon and helped cement Silice as the first megacorp depending on when it rose.

Nah, Si is a more efficient superconductor material, so Si has always been more prominent than Ge
>>
>>2183652
Fair point but I was thinking of adminstration sense or just business. Compared to Iron and Al, Sil strikes me as a president that's more in love with doing what the company creates than running it.
>>
>>2183684
>doing what the company creates than running it.

I'd say that ship sailed long ago, Silice having been a big business for long...and then there's the fact that electronics aren't Silice's only activity
>>
>>2183703
Makes sense. Then who should have made the first move considering SiGe are kind of probably secretly making out in Silicon's office during breaks. If they are, I think there was some talk about them already being together compared to AlSc
>>
>>2183709

Si, and for quite some time; Si would be the clearly dominant one and was the one who swept her partner off her feet

Ge would be generally reserved while Si wouldn't
>>
>>2183716
Cute couple.
>>
Does Carbon have any hobbies? If so, are they time consuming or are they manageable timewise?
>>
>>2183948
If she does, probably the second.
>>
>>2183969
One that could be practical and that she may like would be cooking, specifically grilling. Another could be art considering charcoal sketches, graphite, and ink.
>>
>>2183971
Maybe art would be good, because it would be funny if she wasn't good at cooking at all.
>>
>>2183986
I suppose, I still think grilling would be fitting though there could be a joke about every time she tries to cook without a grill she makes charcoal.
What type of art though? Landscapes and portraits that evolved from high school doodling?
>>
>>2183987
>Landscapes and portraits
Yeah, that sounds good.
>>
>>2183971
>charcoal sketches, graphite

Oh yeah great idea

>>2183986

She could be great at BBQs and hopeless are everything else
>>
>>2184116
Would that mean poor Steel had to learn how to cook? You since anything more than a simple meal probably became ash at Carbon's hand
>>
>C is bad at cooking
Makes sense. Ovens, pots and stuff like that are usually made of iron...
>>
>>2184344

Well I guess C knows how to make a carbonara

>>2184348

Cast will be ever better at it
>>
>>2184359
Cast will learn from the best after all. Steel and Iron. I approve of the pun.
>>
Since Carbon and Steel, kind of, are currently the topic. What exactly is Steel's future occupation?
>>
Carbon and Iron in school.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/19479811
>>
>>2184426
Nice, good use of the hair as well.
>>
Was Mithril ever acknowledged as Titanium's mother/legal guardian in some manner?
>>
>>2184426

Very nice!

You should just mark this as happening several years in the past

>>2184859

Legal guardian yes, not mother (officially)
>>
>>2184866
>not mother (officially)
I wonder if that eats Mithril up some nights to not be officially recognized. I'm sure she became relieved when Ti began to refer to her as mum.

Unrelated, but for the council and to straighten it out; was Hydrogen apart of it initially but stepped down for personal reasons or was it always Kr?
>>
>>2184886
>I wonder if that eats Mithril up some nights to not be officially recognized.

Nah, she knows the full story and doesn't care about what the papers say
>>
>>2184866
Will do.

Ti is aware that Mi is her biological mother, right? Even if she's fuzzy on the details.

>>2184886
If the council is Pr, Po, Kr, Li and Mi joins to replace H, then both.
>>
>>2184902
Yeah I'm sure Ada sat down Ti to explain who Mithril exactly is in relation to each other. Considering she probably moved in right when she began Uni while Ti was like four.

Mi joins in place of Silver for the council. The H thing was about Kr replacing H because H stepped down for various vague reasons. I think the only specific one was the idea that she was pregnant but it didn't go anyway.
>>
>>2184904
It should still work out; Silver declined the offer. Mi is the replacement for the replacement, though she certainly wouldn't phrase it that way.
>>
>>2184905
Okay I'm lost now.
From what I can gather the original planned city council was:
Po, Li, Pr, Ag, and H(tenuous).
Ag turned down the offer so Mi took her spot which leads to
Po, Li, Pr, Mi, and H.
H, possibly steps down for reasons leading to Kr taking her spot. Leading to
Po, Li, Pr, Mi, and Kr.

I was wondering if H was even apart of the originally planned council or if H should just be skipped in favor of Kr joining. Making Kr the "newest" council member after Mithril.
>>
>>2184910
I figured it was Pr, Po, Li, Kr and H. Then H leaves, Silver is offered the position, declines, and Mi joins instead, making her the newest member.
>>
>>2184913
Oh, with the way things were set up Silver being offered a position happened back before yz leading to how Mithril came to be on it by yz. H and Kr came about from trying to find a fifth member. He was suggested because of all her free time and possible investor connections. Kr was suggested because of how she's essentially an event organizer and mc half the time in her normal work.

They could both fill the same position but the idea of How stepping down and Kr replacing her got suggested. It could just be that Kr is a member while H sits in from time to time as an advisor or something for Pr.
>>
>>2184902

Of couse she knows, as if Mi would ever shut up (to the people in the know) about how she seduced a 30-year old soldier when she was just 15
>>
>>2184915
Hmmmm, I guess it would depend on when H stepped down.
>>
I'd say that H wasn't particularly interested in politics
>>
>>2184918
Mi was 16~17 when the conception happened. All things considered, yeah it was probably kept quiet. Might've even left an implied threat with Gold to drive home how serious it was.

>>2184919
I was thinking half a year to a year before yz. So one of the more recent things, however if >>2184922 comes to pass I'm wager Mi and Kr joining at the same time. Gold giving support for Kr's ability considering they coordinated before iirc.
>>
>>2184923
>Mi was 16~17 when the conception happened.

Conception, but they knew each other before
>>
>>2184918
Very subtle, Mi.
>>
>>2184993
Yeah it's implied. After all, Mithril had to romance Ada to be given a chance so it took time to actually get to kissin' and love making and hand holding.
>>
>>2185175

I'd like to think Mi knew Ada since before her teens but started having romantic feelings for her during puberty

Then at around 14-15 she started to act on it and made advances on a 30+ years old Ada

>intimate handholding with a minor
CALL THE POLIIIIIIIIIICE!
>>
>>2185185
Possibly, considering the military connections. However one of the big things about their relationship is that Mithril finds out Ada was the setting's Fabio for a couple months via picking up the hobby of reading trashy romance novels then they were formally introduced.
>>
>>2184374
Good question.
>>
>>2184374
>>2185194
While not immediately viable, I do feel like suggesting the possibility of Steel eventually becoming Pr's successor. Like when Steel's forty, going onto fifty. To make reference to Steel's wide spread use as a foundation in "modern" times.
>>
>>2185212
That's an interesting idea.
>>
I hate to beg because I'm no drawfag, but we need more art of the girls.

I am a writefag, however, and I'm wracking my brain for something
>>
>>2185222
What could be done, though it'd need more involvement from the thread, is a consolidation of physical descriptions regarding the rest of the elements. So that, if we want we could request something from the draw thread as well has helping to flesh them out even more.
>>
>>2185222
I have a whole list of ideas I'd draw if I could.
>>
File: r2vBQvE.png (393KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
r2vBQvE.png
393KB, 744x1052px
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8471005/chapters/19502437
Hopefully I didn't step on any toes with this. Pretty sure I left it open enough that a certain someone could take her sweet time figuring things out and delay the inevitable.

However I feel like emphasizing that because of Mithril's history and proximity with Gold, Mithril can more readily see the Silver influences in her niece Electrum. Which doesn't really ever get emphasized, so hopefully some of Silver shines through.
>>
>>2185349
It's a lot of work, being Mithril.

Gad is just about the cutest right now.
>>
>suck a dick
>>
>>2185224
This.
>>
Is they're anyone who doesn't have a physical description at all?
>>
>>2185349

Oh nice, thanks for that!

Mithril really holds a grudge over what happened between C and Ti

>>2185529

I'd say most of them actually, some have some details like H having Naitou's hair and some have 3D models but I reckon there are less characters with any physical attributes than without
>>
>>2185357
Gad does try her best, but it's like her boss is a whole new person.
>>2185773
I'm sure Carbon would be the same way if Steel got hurt. It was more to spook Carbon.

For the physical descriptions we could also try to work in some other physical attributes like scars or those that wear glasses. I'd like to say that Steel has a few on her hands either from shop class or cooking when she was learning.
>>
>>2185785
>glasses
Just to list them for fun, there's Copper and Silver, of course, plus Selenium, Lutetium and...?
>>
>>2185820
Al, kind of, just with sunglasses. I hear she wears her sunglasses at night even. Neon as well, though I think they're more of a stylistic thing than actual used glasses. I believe there was talk of Kr having a slim pair of reading glasses that she uses for office work.
>>
>>2185821
Lu might be similar to Kr in that regard if she only uses her glasses when reading.
>>
>>2185825
Or rather, knowing Lu, when at the computer.
>>
>>2185820
Elerium wears rather large sunglasses when outside. She doesn't wear them at night and it is unknown if she wears them during cloudy days because she rarely, if ever, leaves her house during that kind of weather.
>>
>>2185820
Back when Ada was a detective or a patrolman, and possibly while a drill sergeant, she most likely had aviators
>>
Was there an agreed upon description of Mithril?
>>
>>2185835
Outside of her constantly wearing four inch heels to put her around 6'1" in terms of height. Just normal stuff, though I have been working on her profile and this was what I planned on using.
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Silvery white, straight and down to the middle of her back
Skin: Pale white

Not entirely sold on the grey eyes, but I am rather enamored with the hair being straight while going to the middle of her back.
>>
>>2185842
Wasn't she some dark-skinned amazon or something? Am I thinking of someone else? I don't keep up with these threads as much as I should
>>
>>2185845
You're thinking of Orichalcum, who becomes Lady Ar's future wife. Though I'm sure Ada could tan nicely if she ever worked up the urge to care.
>>
>>2185842
Last time it was discussed, wavy was the consensus rather than straight, but similarly long.
>>
>>2185852
Was it? Guess I forgot about it, but alright if that was what was reached. As for the eyes, instead of grey how does amber or golden orange sound?
>>
>>2185855
Grey might technically fit best, but anything is fine really.
>>
File: TiCl3.jpg (40KB, 458x666px) Image search: [Google]
TiCl3.jpg
40KB, 458x666px
>>2185859
If nothing else, we could say that Titanium's grey eye color comes from Mi and that Mi's amber eyes are recessive. Would be rather interesting if Ti got some purple in her palette from another swimmer.
>>
>>2185867
A purple swimsuit, maybe.
>>
>>2185901
Could be, she'd probably rock it no matter the color. I wonder which several sports she's in athlete of.
>>
>>2185903
Even Mithril almost loses track.
>>
>>2185903
>I wonder which several sports she's in athlete of.

I like to think she's mainly a triathlon athlete, as well as a biathlon one in winter
>>
Oh yeah, Scandy wears glasses too, doesn't she?
>>
>>2186132

She does, yes
>>
>>2186132
She also has a habit to adjust them when flustered. Probably get all fogged up from the embarrassment.
>>
>>2186137
>>2186140
And Iridos wears contacts!
>>
>>2186146
She does?
>>
>>2186148
It was suggested, at least. Among her other efforts to attract Electrum's attention.
>>
>>2186151
That's kind of cute, I wonder what her glasses look like.
>>
>>2186153

Dorky glass bottle spectacles I'm sure
>>
>>2186166
Aren't those out of style though?
>>
>>2186179

Not when you're comfy at home, daydreaming about your tsundere aristocrat crush
>>
File: Who knows.jpg (7KB, 300x154px) Image search: [Google]
Who knows.jpg
7KB, 300x154px
>>2186189
Maybe Electrum can talk her into something more reasonable if she's going to be around as a friend. Such a thing strikes me as Iridos being practical more than fashionable.
>>
>>2186191

Well if she uses contacts in public, she wouldn't need fancy glasses...at least until Electrum decides to do something about it

Iridos is pretty practical in general, her fancy front is more for getting Electrum to notice her
>>
>>2186194
Well she's gonna learn to like being fashionably practical.
>>
So this is probably out there and everything but what if Ts and/or Og were like Nene from Pandora and the Major? Full on gynoid body but human brain, and everything that entails, downloaded into a gynoid shell. I imagine the scenario would be more in line with Nene and Tc. One involving an accident or some sort leading to the download/transfer being the only way to well and truly live.

However, thinking about them may be too far into the setting's future so it's understandable if it's too out there.
>>
What kind of gift would Pt give for Hg or Pd's birthday?
>>
>>2186245
That would be cool, but the caveat you mentioned is true.

>>2186248
Stationary?
>>
>>2186249
>>2186248
>>
>>2186249
Pd? Maybe or a good pen set. I had thought of something better for Hg. A magician's kit for magic tricks/sleight of hand. A tower of Hanoi was the puzzle I was thanking of.
>>
>>2186253
Hg would probably get a lot of use out of something like that.
>>
>>2186246
Maybe Tin's latest album? Would be similar enough that Platinum might remember Pal liking her.

Unrelated, but where should I put this Mithril profile I wrote up since I'm not a co-author for the bios?
>>
>>2186896
>Maybe Tin's latest album?

But did Tin's latest album get platinum?

Is it Khthon?
>>
>>2186940
Yes to both.
Realistically, I'd say depending on when it was released would indicate whether it was Plat or not.
>>
>>2186948

Well that idea is good but not the one I'll go with, for...um, reasons you'll see :^)
>>
>>2186952
Very sneaky, but I guess I will.
Also Mithril's profile is up and it's in typical long winded fashion. Hopefully all the listed council members are okay.

The reason why Kr feels wrong to Mi should might not be obvious, though there was a silly meta reason.
>>
>>2186968
Her hair is still listed as straight, unless that was intentional.

Phew, Mithril must be busy.
>>
>>2187027
Nope, I had meant to change it to wavy.
Speaking of busy, I wonder if Gold would try and encourage Electrum to get a job.
>>
>>2187231
Gold? Nah, she probably wouldn't.
>>
>>2187322
Maybe it's Electrum's doing then. When she starts going out with Iridos, she feels odd and conflicted about asking her parents for date money and tries to work around it.
>>
>>2187331
Iridos must bring out her responsible side.
>>
>>2187335
Someone has to. She can't always just be daydreaming about romance like her rival.
>>
>>2187344
She must have gotten it from Silver.
>>
Which element would be most likely to have a big holiday get together?
>>
>>2187578

"Get together"?
>>
>>2187608
A hootenanny or shindig. Like a hoedown without the dancing.
>>
>>2187609

Sn on the saxo, Ne on the keytar
>>
>>2187608
A place to get gotted.
A party
>>
>>2187614
Gold for general festivities, almost by default.
>>
>>2187668
I bet the megacorps have little christmas parties. Al's unintentionally tries to compete with Gold's galas, Silicon's is the most earnest, LIthium's is the most formal, and Iron's is the quiestest.
>>
>>2187959
At least Al has Sc to keep her in line.
>>
>>2187975
True, I'd also like to amend my statement and say Iron's are the most heartfelt in addition to being quietest. Using Nickel as an intermediary she sets everything up and watches from behind the scenes to see if her employees are happy. Has yet to actually appear during one though.
>>
>>2187976
Everyone probably figures that she's got a lot of work to do.
>>
>>2187976

Nickel would be the life of the party, meanwhile, Nb only stays at the beginning then got to the hospital to keep Zr company during their Christmas party
>>
>>2188317
Man I completely forgot that Nb worked under Iron.
I bet Ta, Bk, and Zr would have a nice little party with some of the other doctors.

ThU's place probably gets strangely festive, I bet Mo was rather surprised about how they celebrated.
>>
>>2188319
>ThU's place probably gets strangely festive, I bet Mo was rather surprised about how they celebrated.

It can't be any other way; Pu and Tc are in the place, Eu and U both enjoy the time off and Th is reunited with her family, even if Ac spends her time watching after Ra

Meanwhile, in the countryside, P, K, N, O, Tl, Rn and Po enjoy a nice Chirstmas dinner in the cozy warmth of P's farm, there's even S and her motormouth sister Te (I is having her traditional Christmas halogen get together, and Se enjoys a romantic dinner with In)
>>
>>2188324
Forgot Np and Pm for ThU christmas.
Though here I thought H would be able to wrangle O into a holiday sojourn so she could catch up with He and Ne.
>>
>>2188329

H is probably enjoying a traditional Christmas dinner at Ar's mansion, along with Lu and Ori
>>
>>2188332
While Ar's being fascinated by the stuff Ori's revealing regarding her Saturnalia-equivalent.
>>
The real question is, wat does the mayor do for the holidays? Just something quiet with her sister and sister's gf?
>>
>>2188382

Her sister's GF is celebrating with the firefighters at the FD, I'd she gets a nice sisterly dinner with Nd

She obviously turned down Rh and Ru's very oddly phrased invitation
>>
>>2188383
Would be funny if one year Pr got an invitation from Mithril and Ada to join them for a holiday dinner thing.
Totally more from Ada's pushing that Pr seems a little lonely.
>>
>>2188384

Mi, Ada and Ti are most likely attending Gold's Christmas gala
>>
>>2188382
Enjoy the peace and quiet.
>>
>>2188394

I can definitely see Pr having a pleasant dinner with her sister in order to take it easy and relax
>>
>>2188423
I wonder what RhRu would give her as a gift?
>>
>>2188429

I don't know why, but I'm imagining RuRh digging up extremely rare vinyl records of classical music that Pr listen to at home
>>
>>2188467
That's very thoughtful of them. Pr might even be a little surprised at how straightforward that is, rarity aside.

>RuRh: What did you expect?
>>
>>2188387
I suppose, depends on when or if Gold hosts two different parties.
>>
>>2188626
Wouldn't put it past her.
>>
>>2188629
If one's more intimate while the other isn't that could allow for the AdaMi and Pr thing. Obviously during the time of the more non-intimate gala Gold hosts while AdaMi goes to the intimate one with Ti andV
>>
>>2188642
It must seem like all Gold and Mi do is plan events!
>>
>>2188642

Au would certainly help poor V getting the Mi seal of approval
>>
>>2188791
Cautious approval at first.
>>
>>2188791
>>2188914
Of course, V has a much easier time winning over Mi than Kr does. If Kr's even aware.
>>
>>2189029
It's possible that Kr doesn't even realize it.
>>
>>2189089
Oh yes, it's quite likely though I'm sure Kr feels like there's something off with Mithril. Something shady almost but she can't place her finger on it.
>>
>>2189091
Their friendship just wasn't meant to be.
>>
>>2189093
Some things are just like that. If nothing else, they'd be able to work together pretty well from what their profiles tells.
It's because they have some smattering of hero and villain influence in them right?
>>
>>2189095
Sounds like an episode of Phlebotinum.
>>
>>2189096
Would be great if Gold realized it and kind of floated the idea to one of the writers on the show.
But who came up with Phlebotium, is it a straight precure expy where it's been rebooted and continued various times throughout the decades up until the present?
>>
>>2189098
As long as it's still profitable!
>>
File: b2d44116c870f6ff6f20845f0a20366a.jpg (180KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
b2d44116c870f6ff6f20845f0a20366a.jpg
180KB, 1000x750px
Holmium and Fluorine.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/19621408
>>
>>2189403
Pretty good, and I'd like to put forth that picture could serve as a place holder for Ho. Not sure about the green eyes, but the pink hair is surprisingly accurate considering Holmium's properties. So could be something hand waved like Ho's hair takes on a pink/strawberry sheen in anything not above 26 degrees.
>>
>>2189409
That would fit rather well.
>>
Perhaps slate grey for Ho's eye color? Would she be that busty though?
>>
>>2189543
That would look nice.

She probably is fairly busty.
>>
>>2189403

Nice

>>2189409

So blonde with a pink luster?
>>
>>2189676
Sure, though the pink becomes more apparent the colder it gets.
>>
File: Dashing.png (246KB, 1100x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Dashing.png
246KB, 1100x1599px
>>2189681

Would be a nice touch, would she rock a low ponytail like waitress Washio?
>>
File: a_day_at_the_amber_teahouse_02.png (647KB, 1400x2000px) Image search: [Google]
a_day_at_the_amber_teahouse_02.png
647KB, 1400x2000px
>>2189690
Maybe or something like Sarasa.
>>
>>2189690
That's something like Tm's reaction to all this.

>>2189698
Good call. It must depend on her mood.
>>
>>2189803
What Tm seeing her sister as a bartender?
>>
>>2189847

Well as far as she knew, Ho was a college student moolighting as a receptionist in a medical place

Surely she never guessed Ho would spread her wings being a dashing bartender
>>
When do Ho and La start dating?
>>
>>2190067
Good question. I'd like to imagine it's after she lands her bartending job and La just stumbles into the bar she's working at and doesn't recognize Ho before letting out what's eating her up.
>>
>>2190070
It must have been cold out.
>>
>>2190070

Would Ho and La know each other beforehand?
>>
>>2190464
Yeah, La is one of Ho's friends. Along with Gd, though I was just throwing that out there. It could be something completely different since unlike Gd or Tm, La does feel some of the magnetic personality Ho has leading to an attraction that she's unsure about.
>>
>>2190465

It's too bad Ho couldn't take her eyes off Eb for quite a while
>>
Does La have anything pertaining to her looks yet?
>>
File: 220px-LaB6HotCathode.jpg (10KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
220px-LaB6HotCathode.jpg
10KB, 220x330px
>>2190489
Not particularly. Silver white's the color for the oxide though there is a rather interesting violet color that is found in LaB. Maybe earthy tones with electric purple for her eye color and accents?
>>
>>2190496
I don't remember exactly, La prefers to keep to herself, right?
>>
>>2190501
She's friends with Boron and Cerium, along with Holium and Gadolinium, but beyond that yeah. Despite being classified as a rare earth element it makes up a pretty abundant portion of earth's crust.
>>
>>2190524
For Ho, at least, she was "lying hidden."
>>
>>2190526
The pink does wonders to catch the eye.
>>
>>2190532
Ho must be color blind!
>>
>>2190631
Wait shit, I was thinking of Ho. It'd be La electric purple eyes that drew Ho's attention. You know underneath all the earthy colors La usually uses.
>>
>>2190640
Ho could stare into them for hours, and probably would if La let her.
>>
>>2190659

And sometmes, she does
>>
>>2190721
And Ho ends up being great at staring contests as a result.
>>
Erm... I'm new here, but have you guys ever thought about groups of acids and bases being rivals, aspects such as molar mass and electronegativity affecting their personalities, oxygen "oxidizing" everyone's relationships, the noble gas family being... noble (there could be a Romeo and Juliet drama between Xenonium and Fluoride [XeF6] since Xe is noble and F in electron savvy), the situation between acids and bases being... "salty", nickel, iron and cobalt having a "magnetic attraction", aluminium needing copper to be strong (I ship this) and the psychopath-esque way H+ and OH- try to end relationships?

I was reading through and my autism kicked in.
>>
>>2191335
The setting is a little too far along now to account for all of this, and often depends on how cute an idea is. But good ideas, there's always potential for more chemistry!
>>
>>2191372
The AlCu thing could be implemented as Copper doing an internship at Al's megacorps and then being torn about whether to accept Silicon's offer or Al's. Potentially leading to the idea of Copper starting her own business where she helps both of them.
>>
>>2191372
That's fine, just thought some would get something out of my autism.

>>2191374
That plot looks interesting, I won't lie.

Fun fact, fuselage Aluminium was discovered by accident when an engineer got frustrated from trying to make a resistant Aluminium alloy and let a mixture of copper and aluminium cool overnight instead of fast cooling it with water, which doesn't work because of the aluminium crystals acting different from other metals.
>>
>>2191335

It's case by case and not limited to chemistry but also history or imagery. Alkalis are a family because they're the most homogenous group, Hg's amalgams is her tendency of stealing the show and "dissolving" others in her presence (especially poor Al), He and Ne's relationship is asexual because lack of reactivity, B's romantic history is actually the elements most prominent diborides...also something-something decay chains and the radioactives

In general, the setting already solidified a lot since its inception (one year ago...damn) but hey nothing prevents to create an AU
>>
>>2191493
I see...

It just really got me interested since it's quite a complex topic and all of you are quite fond of it to the point of making some amazing relations. To say it straight, this thread exceeds the expectations I had for 4chan, I really like it.
>>
>>2191493
Decay chains pop up with TcMo and I think PoRnTl. Also the FeZn bit.
>>
>>2191670

TcMo feature radioactive decay (production of Tc from Mo 99) but not the "decay chains" as a scientific term, that are split in various series (Actinum series, Uranium series, etc...) those were used to make the ThPaAc family

PoRnTl weren't made with decay chains, Tl Po just happened to be free for the idea of a very big age gap relationship and Rn piggybacked on it

And yes, ZnFe was perhaps the earliest example of IRL applications shaping the setting's

>>2191521

You're welcome! It took a lot of lunacy and a lot of autism, but it gave birth to relatively vast and varied setting, with plenty of storylines to be made
>>
>>2191751
You sure I could've sworn there was something about chains for Po and Rn being sisters. Hang on, I think the idea for their family relations was kind of lifted from this picture.
Another thing strange in the setting from irl applications is the committed threesome of XeFKr
>>
Lutetium and Dysprosium.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/19679941
>>
>>2191849
Nice, Lu can't seem to escape antics.
>>
>>2191958
It's a good thing she has a soft spot for Dy. And Ar. And Ori.
>>
>>2191962
She probably runs off to H if it gets too much and she needs someone normal.
Then Oxygen stops by.
>>
>>2191969
"I should have guessed," thinks Lu.
>>
>>2191754

I'm definitely sure; I was the one who proposed Rn as Po's sister. The decay chain is incidental, since all the elements of the table in this area are part of all the chains, but the actual motivation was to fit Rn in the setting

>>2191849

tfw forgot about Dy AGAIN
>>
>>2192125
Dy does tend to to fly under the radar, at least part of the time.
>>
>>2192125
You're probably right. I think the reasoning for Thallium being Po's niece instead of daughter was to not have lateral incest and to emphasis something about how their poison effects people in a similar manner.
>>
>>2192145

Yes, and at that point the idea was that Tl's mother was sick and Tl moved in with Po in the city, which was the perfect occasion to include Rn
>>
>>2192133
Pretty fitting for a camera woman.
>>
>>2192265
Though on occasion she can be quite flashy.
>>
Rereading AE's last shorts got me thinking, surely there have been many personifications of chemical elements...but I wonder if there has there been one that went so far down the rabbit hole to come up with characters for Lu, Ho and Dy...
>>
>>2192612
This is breaking new ground in lesbian elements.
>>
>>2192644

And with that, only H, Ba, La, Ce, Pu, Hf and Ge haven't been featured in a written piece
>>
>>2192667
Wow, that means almost everyone has made an appearance now. They'll have their time in the spotlight.
>>
Wanted to write this for a while:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8597365
>>
>>2193773
Very cute though I feel like sympathizing with Sam.
>>
>>2193794

Nothing that Sm isn't used to, they live and work together after all
>>
>>2193773
>How many hallways does Gold have?
The answer: a lot.
>>
File: Boron.png (330KB, 4931x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Boron.png
330KB, 4931x1015px
And now that the fic is out of the way, I can go back to these charts, reposting B
>>
File: Uranium.png (347KB, 4931x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Uranium.png
347KB, 4931x1015px
Ura

They're not definitive by the way, suggestions are always welcome

(and be on the watch for typos)
>>
File: Rhenium.png (124KB, 4931x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Rhenium.png
124KB, 4931x1015px
They'll be for prominent characters at first, but here's how it'd look for characters with a small social circle

For Rhenium's appearance, it's mainly inspired by both the Lorelei and Sabine Schmitz
>>
>>2194448
>big band music
Here I was thinking industrial stuff. Or maybe more instrumental stuff that can drown distractions out while she works.
>>
>>2194454

Industrial, hardcore, black metal and the like are more Mo's thing (which is to say, Ura will end up being acquainted with it)
>>
>>2194456
I like that, could also be a way Steel got introduced to sub-genres of metal
>>
>>2194459

Oh definitely; Mo is ones of the 3 most influential step-moms of Steel
>>
>>2194472
Forgot about that since her influence is under played. How would she feel about Iron? Reserving til she learns more about it?
>>
>>2194479

Sounds about right, Mo is not really one to interfere with other's business
>>
>>2194451
Skin color should be white, presumably.
>>
>>2194489

Heh, yes it should
>>
>>2194446
Are you planning a second chapter?
>>
>>2194493

Yes, however I'll have others things to write before it'll happen
>>
>>2194505
Seems Cobalt's still got some seducing left to do.
>>
>>2194507

Oh yes she has, Pt must be is the most clueless person when it comes to love, but happily, Co knows all about alloying
>>
>>2194513

And I forgot to say, there'll be more Sm
>>
>>2194514
Neat!
>>
>>2193773
I love the idea of districts in the city and I kind of want to get a rough idea of where all the important sectors are and figure out where the megacorp buildings are situated.

Also not late, I'm not late. I'm just slow ;_;
http://pastebin.com/MHP6Q1BZ
>>
>>2194637

Anon please, there's no such thing as "being late for cleaning the mess I did with the English language", thanks a lot as usual some of these typos, hot damn

Developing the setting and its geography is something that always wanted to do (ever since Lifesaver), I want to give it some serious though after I do some individual charts
>>
It's nice that we've had a look recently at some of the prominent stores in the setting, like Cobalt's and Mithril's.
>>
>>2194825
It was mostly fine, seemed to be some declensions not translating well is all.

Well something to think on about when you're doing the charts. What would fit a district that's named 'The Hearth'? I was feeling a sort of governing body section, like a little section that has some of them together and where Pr usually works.
>>
>>2194982
That would probably be adjacent to the corporate district.
>>
>>2194953

I think I once worked out the floorplan of Cobalt's place, I wonder it I still have it

>>2194982

Sounds like the City Hall that's located in the Downtown area, very big and fancy city hall, like Paris' or Vienna's
>>
>>2195140
Pr probably thinks it's a little opulent.
>>
>>2195140
>very big and fancy city hall, like Paris' or Vienna's
That sounds nice if the surrounding area compliments it. This got me thinking about the megacorp's. Would Silicon be big and old enough to be boarding on having her own sector like Lithium might? More of a sprawling bunch of buildings. Iron have a feeling is probably closer to the industrial district and is much more sprawling than some grand opulent tower. The tower would be for Aluminium because of her personality.
>>
>>2195191
>Silicon
It's not old or prestigious enough to compete with Lithium's, but multiple buildings, certainly.
>>
>>2195191

The Dowtown area would be full of this fancy old architecture

>>2195203

I see Silice HQ as a modern technological park, like the Googleplex or the Pixar studios. Ferric, being a relatively new business would have a corporate tower office (not very high, 200 meter or so, 300 tops) while also owning a big chuck of the industrial district. Aluminium, being Aluminium, would have a 600+ meter opulent tower, that could be nicknamed "the roof" (as in "the city's roof")

Both towers made by Zn by the way

Lead and Alkali would have their dedicated districts, Lead as a Victorian Britain themed industrial estate and Alkali as a Japanese Zaibatsu area
>>
>>2195207
Very classy, Lead.
>>
>>2195207
So would Iron and Lead's kind of be like looking at the evolution of architecture and such?

Also would U's area, Elerium's observatory, and perhaps Po's plant(s) be in a similarly grouped area called Tiamat's Nest? The name is probably a huge stretch since the city probably uses a combination of hydroelectric, aero-electric, and typical power plants..
>>
>>2195210
Ura's lab is actually in the heart of city, in the canal's banks. They built it of the site of an old werehouse they used when they were youger (it's in one of the fic), said warehouse being inspired by Kat's workshop in GKC

For Po I think the city has 3 main powerplants, a nuclear one, way outside the city, a solar one, staffed by Se, and a dam. The HQ would be in the outskirts of the city, on the way to 115's observatory (which I'll call the Crystal summit observatory, for...reasons) which completely outside the city
>>
>>2195292
Well, at least that's established. Sounds like the Metropolis is like Paris and Gotham in that it's on and grew around a river delta or something. Only maybe not as coastal as Gotham. Oh actually tough question; would the the place where all the manor are, effectively be an acropolis? Though I suppose depending on the age of the metropolis, it would be closer to the citadel/center of the city.
>>
>>2195295
The is actually an outlying costal portion of the city, which is where As and Br grew up. IIRC.
>>
>>2195295

I see the location kinda like Sao Paulo; near the coast, but not actually on it, in the coast there would be Br and As' town, as well of the Port city (Lifesaver fic)

I'll try to whip up a first draft of the plan, although I already found the river name Pactolus
>>
>>2195433
You'll inflate Electrum's ego even further!
>>
So would Carbon be working near city hall or the more corporate sectors?
>>
>>2195568
The former would make sense.
>>
>>2195542
>You'll inflate Electrum's ego even further!

Good

>>2195568

City hall area
>>
File: Lydia.png (432KB, 6000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Lydia.png
432KB, 6000x3000px
So here's what I've been thinking

The City would be old, and would've been founded with the Citadel, a big walled acropolis made to watch the Pactolus and its tributary.

The City then expanded southward with more classical architecture and then northward with industrialisation.

The business district and their skyscrapers would be on the northern bank of the Pactolus, facing the Downtown (or "Hearth") area on the southern bank of the river.

The industrial district would be in the north of the city (because the wind goes from SW to NE) and along the river that has the dam, said dam would be mainly powering the industrial district. Lead would have her industrial park along her river, while the Alkali's zaibatsu would be at the edge of both

The south area would be very much mixed in terms or organisation, kind of like Paris; including some manufacturers and factories that have their ties to the pre-industrial area.

Then on the east would be a more residential area due to a more hilly terrain, also the area that has to most parks. Would be where the welthier elements live, including Ar, her estate being at the very outskirts of the city

The Pactolus would be the main river and economic heart of the city since its foundation and its eastern tributary would mainly be used for leisure boating

Elerium's observatory would be in the mountainous area, in the north
>>
File: Horrendous mock up.png (981KB, 6000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Horrendous mock up.png
981KB, 6000x3000px
>>2195806
Right so. If I read this right, and forgive me if I messed this up, it would look like pic related in terms of sector lay out, correct? I took that perimeter around the citadel as kind of a modern day city limit thing. If I was wrong about that then it'd be more spread out with the classical expansion taking up more of the perimeter.
>>
Civic planning has never been this yuri.
>>
>>2195882

/u/ - Yurbanism
>>
File: Lydia.png (1MB, 6000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Lydia.png
1MB, 6000x3000px
>>2195847

Somewhat like that yes, although I see the business district entirely on the other shore, like pic related

"Classical city" is basically 15th to 18th century architecture, "Industrial era city" is, for lack of better word, 19th to first half of 20th century architecture, and "Modern city" is second half of 20th and 21th century
architecture

"High end district" is a clumsy term for low density, spread out city style for the wealthy
>>
>>2195938
Oh very nice. I take it that Lithium's numerous mines are closer to the industrial district while P's farms and the like are on the south east end near the high end and modern bit.
>>
>>2195940

Oh it's faily zoomed in; I'd say Lithium's mines are anywhere from within a dozen km from the city to several hundreds

As for P, she would be at least 300km away from the city, going to the east along the smaller river
>>
>>2195942
So then would Rn's cottage be like midway between P and the cosmopolis or deep within P's territory?
>>
>>2195895
/u/rbanism
>>
>>2195945

The latter, although not exactly within her territory but near it
>>
Does Zinc do architectural restoration projects as well?
>>
>>2196016

I'm not sure architect do restoration work, seems more like a specialised artisan's job
>>
>>2196059
That's a good point.

Maybe that's the real reason Lead isn't fond of her: their styles clash!
>>
>>2196089

Would Pb be a "back in my time" type of person?
>>
File: 1474941280574.png (551KB, 627x641px) Image search: [Google]
1474941280574.png
551KB, 627x641px
Do you think tungsten has ptsd nightmares that she wakes up screaming from?
>>
>>2196097
Perhaps just a bit.

>>2196117
It's more like, "Remember when Ada made me do 100000000 pushups? Good times."
>>
>>2196122

Yeah, it's not like she did actual warfare
>>
>>2196129
Though she might have bad memories about the short period of time where she had to deal with Al.
>>
>>2196132

Oh yeah I forgot, stuck in a tiny space cabin with Al going on about her fighter pilot achievements, poor W
>>
>>2196141
She's earned a vacation.
>>
>>2196153
>PTSD from acute Aluminium exposure

Ta will have a field day with it
>>
>>2196157
It's convenient for W, at least. Too bad she's not a therapist.
>>
>>2196162

Ta is, surely she knows plenty of *therapy*
>>
>>2196164
smugcobalt.jpg
>>
>>2196166

Has Co become the official *wink, wink, nudge, nudge, waggle, waggle* person?

nice
>>
>>2196204
Pt knows that the most.
>>
>>2196212

I wonder if Co often filrts with Pt by using very elaborate metaphors that always end up with Pt staring curiously at her
>>
>>2196218
She just likes how cute Pt is when confused.
>>
Where would the military base be?
In between the port and the city?
>>
>>2196295
Makes sense.
>>
>>2196295

That be that, yes, out of the way of population centres
>>
>>2196560
Meeting Ada was totally worth the price of Mi being dragged out there by her parents.
>>
File: Lydia.png (2MB, 7000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Lydia.png
2MB, 7000x3000px
The green is fairly ugly and the city colours too saturated, but hopefully it's less austere now

>>2196563

You don't get to, not only meet, but also claim an amazon every tuesday
>>
File: 1463611388807.gif (105KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1463611388807.gif
105KB, 318x318px
>>2196612
Very naisu. So would the Hearth be in the near the classical and top modern era bit?
>>
>>2196630

I see it on the southern bank, slightly west of the citadel. It'll be the public administrative power facing the private corporate power from across the river
>>
>>2196612
Suddenly Mi is very interested in returning to the base.
>>
>>2196612
>>2196644
Considering the distance, I wouldn't be surprised if Mithril lived in an apartment or something when she got her license. Was probably in boarding school for most of primary.
>>
>>2196656
I wonder if she had a school uniform at one point?
>>
>>2196665
Probably. I bet Gold was the reason why she went to public school as well.
>>
>>2196680
She was quite the influence on her.
>>
>>2196684
Mithril probably influenced Gold as well. Just, probably, not obvious or overt as is Mithril's nature.
>>
>>2196745

Up until Ag, she might be the only one who could tame the Au
>>
>>2196746
Oh yes, I bet seeing the two of them in primary was quite a site. They were probably adorable. Fuck now I wanna see a scenario where a little Gold talk about how Mithril's her twin only in silver.
>>
What's the angstiest thing the setting produced? What happened between Iron and Carbon or more like Uranium talking to Radon and having reality shoved into her face?
>>
>>2196794
Voting for FeC.
>>
>>2196794

The one year of Tc and Mo's life between the accident and the operation takes the cake
>>
>>2196809
Oh right completely forgot about that since it wasn't from Tc or Mo's pov.
>>
>>2196809
That was a high concentration during a short period of time versus FeC and their decade+ of angst.
>>
>>2196861

If you want decade+ of angst, there's also Po and Rn, and an honorary mention for Fr's condition

On a lower level there's also Ta's two years of seeing W going out with C, Zr's romantic life up until Nb, the whole K/Li mess and its effects on B...
>>
>>2196893
Even Copper had a little angst over Pt.
>>
>>2196897

And Ti; had a crush on Cu, then C
>>
>>2196961
Good thing she found Van. Or rather, Van found her.
>>
>>2196962

V is the one who finds people, not the other way around

except for Mi
>>
>>2196982
Not a lot gets by Mi.
>>
File: Lydia.png (1MB, 7000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Lydia.png
1MB, 7000x3000px
I took a leaf out of Google maps' book, since they know what they're doing
>>
>>2197004
Looks good.
>>
>>2196984
Except Pr.
>>
>>2197041

There's a reason Pr is the mayor and Mi a councilwoman after all
>>
>>2197086
If nothing else, Mithril might be the perfect litmus to see if Pr's scandal is still hanging around, in the background waiting to be brought back up. Though she might wonder why the twins are kind of dodgy about contacting Mi.
>>
>>2197088
They have Pr's best interests in mind.
>>
>>2197115
What's the worst Mi could do? It's not like she made commemorative jewelry for the council.
>>
>>2197117
But there's an idea...
>>
>>2197123
Watches would be more practical than rings.
>>
>>2197133
They would probably all appreciate that.
>>
>>2197138
True and could be introduced to Cs if Lithium wants to make sure. Though at that point, Lithium would probably try and keep distance to her nieces in fear of being overbearing.
>>
>>2197141
And we all know how Po feels about her niece.
>>
>>2197143
However that doesn't really impact the idea of Mithril being commissioned by Pr to make some watches for the council.
>>
>>2197163
It doesn't, no, it was just too good to pass up.
>>
>>2197173
It did remind me of something interesting. Mithril and Thalium are the only two that might have a concrete way to tell the twins apart.
>>
>>2197141

Cs wouldn't want anything to do with them, and Rb wouldn't let them either
>>
>>2197177
The twins might be one step ahead of Mi, though.
>>
File: Metallica.png (348KB, 2216x1833px) Image search: [Google]
Metallica.png
348KB, 2216x1833px
Since the general layout is more or less established, I had a bash at going a bit more in detail, still very much up to discussion
>>
>>2197330
Listed Pd twice. I figured AuAg's house would be closer to the citadel unless it's a completely new manor instead of Gold or Silver's childhood home.
>>
>>2197343
Heh, should be Pt and Ni

Au's an aristocrat, and aristocrats like to have houses (not necessarily primary) in the outskits of the city, which is what I went with here. It's still fairly near the center because it was built in the beginning of this wealthy expansion to the east
>>
>>2197348
Goodness so must be Ag's parents most recent house
>>
>>2197349

Given the size of the palace, I'd say it was part of Au's family

Now, nothing prevents Au to have grown up mainly in the center but decided to move there when settling home with Ag
>>
>>2197352
Right I meant Au. I got all confused from staying up.
I kind of figured they'd have something like Argon's house out in the country or on the outskirts not directly within the city limits. Mayhaps they moved closer for their daughters considering the scope of a metropolis and all..
>>
>>2197361
Maybe by the sea.
>>
>>2197376
Near the old port or new port?
>>
>>2197610
Whatever has the better view.

Regarding the map, didn't IrOs live a bit farther away from AuAg for some reason?
>>
>>2197677
I think the reason was just she lived on the other side of the city or far enough away that Electrum had to drive for a bit. It's also missing that one or two apartment complex that all the elements unintentionally share.
>>
File: Metallica.png (414KB, 2216x1833px) Image search: [Google]
Metallica.png
414KB, 2216x1833px
>>2197677
>>2197687

IIRC it was never explicitly stated, at least not in the Iridos/Electrum fic. Now while they're relatively close compared to the rest of the city, they're still 5 to 10 km apart, depending on the scale used (I think a 10 km scale is overdoing it)

Besides, it's very much open to suggestions, what I made is just a first draft, but it's as collaborative as the rest of Metall/u/rgy
>>
>>2197749
I think 10km or around it is a pretty good scale. Considering that Metallica/the city is effectively a metropolis. A city doesn't really become such a thing unless it's really big or very prominent on some sort of stage or both. Using Sao Paulo as an example, the boundaries are probably a little overgrown and are slowly crawling into the surrounding area from a top down view.

Maybe shorten it to say 7km or so, depends on how old the metropolis is. With the sector division earlier one could safely guess that it's probably one of the oldest cities on their continent.
>>
So, when does Po take Tl on a day trip to the port city and to see the dam?
>>
File: dams and lesbians.png (374KB, 1113x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dams and lesbians.png
374KB, 1113x1600px
>>2197758

Pretty early on, since the tidal power plant is as much a landmark as it's Po's job, she would be killing two birds with one stone bringing Tl there
>>
>>2197766
Dams and yuri go together like...chemistry and city planning.
>>
>>2197771
Exactly.
>>2197758
>>2197766
Have it be during the summer for light dresses.
>>
When's the drinking age in the setting? 16~18?
>>
>>2197783
18~21?
>>
File: Metallica.png (376KB, 2216x1833px) Image search: [Google]
Metallica.png
376KB, 2216x1833px
>>2197753

I guess we can make a 10km scale work, although that means each of the cells here have the size of Paris
>>
>>2197815
Christ I didn't think Paris was that small. In that case I'm in favor of slightly bit lower but still around ten like 6~8km depending on rough equivalent.
>>
>>2197824
Taking the area enclosed in the ring road, it's 5577 sqkm (2153 sqmi) with a 10 km scale, 2733 sqkm (1055 sqmi) with a 7 km scale and 1394 sqkm (538 sqmi) with a 5 km scale

For reference (in sqkm):

Paris: city 105 - urban 2844 - metro 17 174
London: city 1572 - urban 1737 - metro 8392
Sao Paulo: city 1221 - metro 7944
Los Angeles: city 503 - metro 12563
Tokyo: urban 3925 - metro 14 034
India national capital region: 58 332
>>
>>2197854
If I'm getting the equivalents right, then 7 would be the one we should use as a scale for Metallica. I think. Man I didn't think Carbon lived so close to one of the city centers. Or that Gado lived so far back.
>>
>>2197856
>I didn't think Carbon lived so close to one of the city centers

It's the consequence of an idea I had for H; since H is "the oldest money in the city", she would actually be the descendants of the founding mothers of the city. As such she would be the effective owner of the Citadel (which I find fitting, H is the original element and she would be linked with the origin of the city), and C being her childhood friend would've grown within the Citadel, then moved out for easier access when she started her business.

I still not sure where the Arrhenius household should be; for now it's in the outer residential area, but the city centre is also a valid option
>>
>>2197859
>one of the founding mothers
I bet H's ancestor Matriarch was called Prima as a title. :^)

For Arrhenius, I'd say it depends on their living conditions and more importantly where the two or three high schools will be located. They probably all went to the same one which also seems to house all the current teen elements.

Partially related but is the thread settled on Metallica as a convenient name for the cosmopolis?
>>
>>2197861

The title could even carry on until today, "Primae Hydrogen" has a nice ring to it

I see the Arrhenius all living in a big family house, which can very well work in one of the oldest parts of the city

The high school could be located ""near"" (ie. in the same district) Iridos' house
>>
>>2197862
So would Primae be the equivalent to an alderman or something for that area? You know like all the various sectors that have officials that go nag at Pr and her cadre of girls, thus giving Hydrogen something she has to do occasionally beyond her hobbies.

As for Arrhenius if you're shooting for an oldest part of the city would it being so far back be worth it? Going by >>2196612's picture their located in part of the modern city and with what you're shooting for I'd wager industrial at least.
I'm agreeable with the school district since there's probably two more situated around the city.
>>
Well the original ideas I had for both Re and the Arrhenius, both in the charts and the map evolved a bit

I think I'd be interesting to play the sorority aspect quite strongly and in an inverted way; instead of the various sisters gradually leaving the family house, they would actually stay there and bring their wives to form a very big family. Re would already be living there, and it would be Ho, Gd and Pewter's future.

The house would very old, like centuries old, and very big with a courtyard and stables repurposed as a garage by Re
>>
What have Copper and Zinc been up to lately?
>>
File: CuZn's bed.jpg (33KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
CuZn's bed.jpg
33KB, 350x232px
>>2197883

I knew I was going somewhere with "big ancient house with courtyard and stables" and I now remember: a very old inn that's repurposed as a private house, and each sister would have their own extensive space. They would be a very close family and celebrate everything together like the Christmas dinner(/spoiler]

>>2197987
pic
>>
>>2198142
This picture seems lewd.
>>
>>2197883
Ho? Don't you mean Tm. Ho would probably have a high end apartment or pent house in the city, eventually, considering her line of work.
>>
>>2198273

Yes I do mean Tm DAMMIT
>>
>>2198300
There there it's easy to confuse them. Being sisters and all.
>>
It seems Ho is destined to forever be confused with other people.
>>
>>2197815
>>2197883
So with the way Gadolinium's future will go, it almost seems like Mithril's next store will be in the northern part of the metropolis close to Gadolinium's future residence. Would be good for her after a few more years under her teacher.
>>
>>2198345
TB must be proud.
>>
So would the Lone Digger and Future club be near Kr's residence or spread out closer to the high end and business districts?
>>
>>2198541
Probably the latter, among her other venues.
>>
>>2198550
So would Kr's top bar be one she has in the Citadel or more of a high end one in the rich portion of the city?
>>
>>2198670

Her bars and clubs are most likely in the modern business and entertainment district, her place in the Citadel and classical district should be stuff like art galleries and museums
>>
You can tell if you're in a high end bar if Po is there.
>>
File: General chart.png (172KB, 5149x802px) Image search: [Google]
General chart.png
172KB, 5149x802px
Time for a new thread?

Here's the updated table btw
>>
>>2199023
Yeah time for a new one
>>
>>2199023
Seems like it.
>>
>>2199394
>>2199052
>>2199023
Gimme like half an hour and I'll make one if someone doesn't beat me to it.
>>
>>2199407
Sounds good, thanks.
>>
And the chain is stable.
>>2199417
>>2199417
>>2199417
>>2199417
Thread posts: 412
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.