[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lyrical Nanoha

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 90

File: 58007192_p0.jpg (309KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
58007192_p0.jpg
309KB, 500x700px
Be Afraid I Am with You Edition

Last thread:
>>2063811
>>
File: vivio is afraid.jpg (715KB, 719x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vivio is afraid.jpg
715KB, 719x1000px
>>
File: corona-is-afraid.jpg (3MB, 4372x6625px) Image search: [Google]
corona-is-afraid.jpg
3MB, 4372x6625px
>>
File: fate is afraid.jpg (151KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fate is afraid.jpg
151KB, 600x600px
>>
>>
File: 1434760575495.jpg (317KB, 840x810px) Image search: [Google]
1434760575495.jpg
317KB, 840x810px
>>2100575
Thou shalt not.
>>
File: 1458340370192.jpg (73KB, 700x619px)
1458340370192.jpg
73KB, 700x619px
>>2100575
Don't be afraid, everything is going to be daijoubu!
>>
>>2100980
Yuri needs more yuri families.
>>
https://vividtranslations.com/2016/07/18/vivid-64-the-back-to-school-special/

First chapter from the school festival volume in case people missed it at the end of the alst thread.

I think it's two chapters till Moms Hold Hands at page 81 (or was that 82?).
>>
https://vividtranslations.com/2016/07/27/anthology-15-small-and-cute/

One more Anthology short.
>>
File: 58107528_p1.jpg (254KB, 556x777px)
58107528_p1.jpg
254KB, 556x777px
>>2104251
Very cute.

Is pic related a Nana/Yukarin doujin?
>>
>>2104251
It's actually 16 but who's counting anyways?
https://vividtranslations.com/2016/07/27/anthology-16-small-and-cute/
>>
File: 46082892_p0.jpg (438KB, 642x900px)
46082892_p0.jpg
438KB, 642x900px
>>
the thread on /a/ died so I came here.

lots of cute here
>>
Comiket soon. We can get some news.
>>
>>2113055
I'm scared of new news

scared that it will be things I hate.
>>
>>2113067
>Fuuka is actually a guy who transforms into a girl
>Vivio and her friends are in his harem
>>
>>2113079
He wouldn't get a female VA then! Oh wait.

It would be somewhat amusing though. Jokes aside, I doubt that is going to happen, that would make a boy protagonist a bit too queer for manstream audience.
>>
>>2113079
>>2113201
Considering how fun cute high earth defense club is, that is one of the best case scenario possible
>>
File: NA - Please - 7.jpg (626KB, 1451x2058px) Image search: [Google]
NA - Please - 7.jpg
626KB, 1451x2058px
https://vividtranslations.com/2016/08/08/anthology-17-this-getting-out-of-hand/

These last two were a bit weaker, no wonder the credit page looks forward for "the nightmare" to be over, hehe.
>>
>>2113201
>those copypasted moons
Mary mother of christ.
>>
>>2113396
No, seriously, I could swear I've seen that "moon" before. I think it's an artist impression of some terraformed place of the Solar System.

What is Nanoha's fetish with this moon? It appears as much as the main characters.
>>
File: 1422210070899.jpg (2MB, 3471x5000px)
1422210070899.jpg
2MB, 3471x5000px
>>2113396
You never noticed those? They keep having that on many many artworks. I think it was joked that there is something to them and it is Chekhov's gun sort of detail.

I don't think the Evil Moons appear in any anime/manga though, just on posters/artbooks.
>>
File: 2009-04-23-158153.jpg (2MB, 3432x2395px)
2009-04-23-158153.jpg
2MB, 3432x2395px
>>
File: 7cc2da197de6c72872317ee58603668b.jpg (130KB, 736x1077px) Image search: [Google]
7cc2da197de6c72872317ee58603668b.jpg
130KB, 736x1077px
>>
File: Armour_Jacket.jpg (2MB, 4092x5944px) Image search: [Google]
Armour_Jacket.jpg
2MB, 4092x5944px
>>
File: 1453793079031.jpg (288KB, 850x1242px)
1453793079031.jpg
288KB, 850x1242px
>>
File: 2010-12-03-349977.jpg (1MB, 3000x2065px) Image search: [Google]
2010-12-03-349977.jpg
1MB, 3000x2065px
>>
File: 2011-02-16-374951.jpg (1MB, 3000x2152px) Image search: [Google]
2011-02-16-374951.jpg
1MB, 3000x2152px
Note that this is just a small sample probably, because I only have a modest number of Nanoha pics in my computer.
>>
File: 15.jpg (842KB, 2000x2833px)
15.jpg
842KB, 2000x2833px
StrikerS artbooks are literally infested with Evil Moons it seems, I would have to paste 1/4 or 1/3 of it.
>>
File: 60.jpg (906KB, 2794x2000px) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
906KB, 2794x2000px
Even the Hungry Tea and Eager Subaru observed by dykesempais canvas.
>>
>>2113445
Both demonstrating their magical prowess by floating several inches above the ground.
>>
>>2113440
You wouldn't let your Agito go topless.
>>
>>2113944
Hayate would, if she transformed into a larger size.
>>
>>2114098
How did the "Hayate: Witch of rape and debauchery" meme begin?
>>
>>2114171
Not rape/debauchery, but she likes to fondle breasts of women around (Signum, Shamal - sorry, Vita), then in Riot 6 reportedly most of the personnel.

That stuff is canon from the sound stages. She is not a sexual aggressor though, she only does that if the other party isn't against or it doesn't cross the line playful teasing.
>>
From first StrikerS sound stage (after episode 6 of the series IIRC):

Hayate: Even so, I really want to wrap this up quick and enjoy some peace. It’s been so busy lately; I can’t even sekuhara the rookies.
Alisa: Hayate! What the hell are you saying right now!! (or You just said something completely unbelievable!)
Suzuka: Hayate’s sekuhara isn’t that way… it’s more of a fun skinship between girls…
Hayate: Subaru and Teana are just right for groping now and it looks like Caro’s going to develop quite nicely. [note: hahaha no!]
Shamal: Yup!
Arisa: So… is Hayate still a groping maniac?
Signum: Er, well…
Vita: She won’t do it at the workplace as you might expect but…
Signum: To underlings who been with her a long time associates… sometimes…
Shamal: At our division/headquarters/place Shirley [note: means Shario I think], Alto and all the communication members have all been felt up. Thought it looks like Shirley returned the favour and had some fun.
Arisa: Well, me, Nanoha and others got felt up quite a bit by you before.
Hayate: Personally speaking, I brag how I contributed to the development of everyone’s healthy bust. (Jap: kojinteki ni ha minna no kenzen na bust up kouken shita to jifu shite iru.)
Arisa: Er, well… Ah, well your boob mania is tolerable (okay, fine), but try to keep the sekuhara (sexual harassment) to a minimum.
Hayate: Oh, it’s all right. I only do it to people who don’t mind/who’ll forgive me.
>>
There is one other part in some sound stage where she says that Shamal doesn't mind but Signum looks like she wants to die despite not refusing so Hayate only gropes here when she sleeps.

I can't recall which sound stage is that.
>>
>>2114216
>Commander of a highly trained special forces squad likes to abuse her power in order to revel in debauchery as she plays with the tits of her subordinates
What the fuck did this franchise become.
>>
File: ueeeee.jpg (67KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
ueeeee.jpg
67KB, 853x480px
>>2114266
>became
This is literally what it *was* at the height of its time in 2007.
>>
>>2114268
Or rather, 2005 because she was doing that in As already.

Found it, first sound stage when they go to public bath, somewhere around episode 3 of As.

Vita: Don't get so conceited just because you got big boobs.
Signum: What the... Where did that come from ?
Vita: I'm saying the bigger your breasts get the smaller your heart becomes! You boob demon!
Signum: Boob?! Why you little! Know your place! I'll soak Laevatein with your blood!
Vita: What was that!? You want to be turned into a stubborn stain on Graf Eisen huh!?

Hayate: Hey, stop! Stop! Children who fight won't get dessert after dinner.
Vita: But, this boob demon started...
Signum: Whose a boob demon! WHO!
Shamal: Signum stop. You're shouting while half undressed. It's embarassing.
Hayate: And you too Vita, you're completely naked, its embarassing.
Vita: I don't particularly...
Hayate: You can't fight over something so trivial. Apologize to each other and make up.
Vita: I'm sorry for treating our Leader as an idiot. Sorry.
Signum: I, too, apologize for being so petty despite being an adult. I'm sorry.
Shamal: Now they've made up.
Hayate: A happy end.
Signum: Anyways, don't go around naked. Wrap a towel around you.
Vita: Right right.
Shamal: Hurry up and get undressed too Signum. Let's go in together.
>>
(cont.)

Hayate: Still, even I'm quite jealous of Signum's assets.
Signum: Wha!
Vita: Oh, she's hiding them.
Signum: Y-yours, um... are just starting to grow.
Hayate: Well, that might be so. Shamal's also have a nice feel to them too.
Shamal: Uffuun!
Hayate: What's with Signum anyways? (bad translation)
Shamal: To be truthful, she has this subtle sense of defeat and persecution complex for the longest time. (Bad translation)
Signum: Wha... Er... Shamal! You!
Hayate: She does, doesn't she? I kind of want to touch them too but...
Shamal: Why don't you just ask her?
Hayate: Yeah but if I ask her to 'let me touch you a bit'. She'll just turn red and act as if she's about to commit suicide (seppuku) as she carefully puts both her arms behind her back, close her eyes and say, 'please go ahead'.
Vita: Oh, I could imagine that.
Shamal: Oh Hayate-chan, you truly do understand us, don't you.
Hayate: Yeah, that's why I won't ask you, okay Signum?
Signum: Um, er... Thank you very much?
Vita: What's with the doubtful tone?
Shamal: Come on Signum, hurry up.
Signum: Um, yeah.
Hayate [she uses telepathy here so that Signum doesn't hear] : Well to tell you the truth, when we sleep together I secretly feel her up. (O_O;, jeez Hayate. Should Signum start worrying about her virtue now?)
Vita: Oh, that sounds nice. I think I'll try it next. How does Signum feel?
Hayate: How do I say? She's all soft and squishy.
Vita: Oh...
Signum: I feel strangely embarassed...
Shamal: It's just your imagination.
>>
>>2114268
>>2114270
I think Tsuzuki may have gotten a little nuts as the series progressed. It would explain a lot.

Makes you wonder why nobody at Kings Record or 7arcs looked at this garbage and told him to stop and get his shit together.
>>
>>2114282
Come on, it's cute. There are other instances of character growth in them. For example when Signum/Shamal get drinked under table few times - at a cherry blossom viewing party after As by admiral Letti, then later by Hayate's doctor when there is a celebration of Hayate's recovery (being able to walk again).

I think there is allusion in Vivid Life where NFH are shown to be completely fine after a binge at Hayate'S house, while Signum and Shamal can't get up from their bed in morning.
>>
File: 00021.png (222KB, 722x1024px) Image search: [Google]
00021.png
222KB, 722x1024px
Speaking of Vivid Life, what a pity that based Ron didn't continue with the scanlation and nobody else helped with it/picked it up. It was pretty nice.
>>
File: 00046.png (200KB, 722x1024px) Image search: [Google]
00046.png
200KB, 722x1024px
>>
File: 01.jpg (252KB, 1062x1500px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
252KB, 1062x1500px
>>2114266
If it makes you fell better, it is not like she is abusing her position because Hayate could get away with molesting them even if she weren't their boss
You can't say no to the walking lost logia
>>
I want Nanoha to go away from the "moe keki desu moms teaching special needs children" and go back to "Fate, my laser beam isn't big enough. Hand me the cartridges so I can befriend the fucking bad guys".
>>
>>2114832
That ship has sailed, as long as Vivid exists... they will never get back to that.
>>
File: 1469245173115.jpg (407KB, 1058x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1469245173115.jpg
407KB, 1058x1500px
>>2115028
More like it is stuck far away on ice and nobody knows if it returns or disappears forever like Sir Franklin (read = Force).
>>
>>2115060
The time for that has come and gone. Vivid outright force it to be that way and as far as I have seen the franchise is continuing with that.

I would say something about Force, but I am in the minority clearly. But at the very least they attempted to go back to something more climatic... it's a pity they they lost the skill to do that right and went overboard.

But again... that ship has sailed. Vivid is the... ugh... future of the franchise.
>>
>>2115144
>Vivid is the future of the franchise
It should've been Innocent.
>>
>>2115144
>Vivid is the... ugh... future of the franchise.

Then, this franchise doesn't have a future.
>>
>>2115144
Ah, I'm also not hating force. The gunblades and the huckebein antagonists (or what they are supposed to be) suck IMHO but honestly it's not that bad that it should be ignored or bashed endlessly. Those chapters that are out kept me reading with passion quite well when I finally picked it year and a half ago. I would definitely prefer it not being canned (and losing how many, 2-3 years and counting?).

Ideally I would wrap it in a way that would kept only Isis, Lilly and Touma (let's not be evil) and perhaps the Grendels and dispose of the Hucks and Eclipse, though (death/prison).
>>
>>2115182
No it doesn't. The franchise dies with a whimper... and we can all blame Vivio for it.

>>2115216
>The gunblades and the huckebein antagonists (or what they are supposed to be) suck IMHO but honestly it's not that bad that it should be ignored or bashed endlessly.
Honestly, they were silly... one of the many signs that Force was a rushed concept that was pushed to get a Manga out. If anything the biggest hold up with Force was that the cast got large fast... if it kept the pace of the first 10 chapters and refined some of the ideas it was making, it would have been better. Once the TSAB (and the cast herd that follows) got involved, there were too many characters of importance to really track the rather simple plot.

>I would wrap it in a way that would kept only Isis, Lilly and Touma.

It would have been something at least.

>>2115164
>It should've been Innocent.
No, it shouldn't have. I like Innocent(S) and all, but lets be honest about it... Innocent(S) is one gigantic crossover fan-fiction that demands so much background knowledge of the franchise that it locks out anyone new trying to understand it.

With Nanoha as dormant has it has been Innocent(S) is the worst thing to drop on new comers.
>>
>>2115164
What, the alternate universe manga where instead of Nanoha and Fate being godly powerful mages who fight to save the multiverse on a regular basis, they're just kids on Earth who play card games?

No thanks.
>>
>>2115267
>they're just kids on Earth who play card games?
They're gay little kids, that's an important part.

That aside, Innocent was fun despite having a very different premise, it felt like reading a good AU fanfic, which is something that I would take over Force any day.
>>
>>2115278
>They're gay little kids, that's an important part.
Does that matter? I don't think that it really matters, aside from the ship-teasing getting dialed to 11 (especially where Fate and Nanoha/Subaru and Teana are concerned).

>it felt like reading a good AU fanfic, which is something that I would take over Force any day.
Yeah, so I hope you like the future of the franchise then.
>>
>>2115278
>it felt like reading a good AU fanfic

Yep, this franchise is really dead.
>>
>>2115281
>Does that matter?
Considering where we are, yes. Above anything else.
>>
>>2115281
>Does that matter?
Everything with lesbians is objectively better, so it's an important quality in any manga.
>>
>>2115281
Sounds to me like you want the franchise to go back to being action-y and maybe grimdark for a bit.

I for one wouldn't mind. I said it before and I say it again: a Lyrical Nanoha: Civil War would make me turn my wallet inside out.
>>
>>2115216
>Ah, I'm also not hating force. The gunblades and the huckebein antagonists (or what they are supposed to be) suck IMHO but honestly it's not that bad that it should be ignored or bashed endlessly.

That's okay up until the point that you realize that one of the things Nanoha has always been well-known for are its antagonists. And the Hucks are the worst antagonists in the entire franchise. It doesn't help that the reception in Japan was even worse than the reception here in America. Mostly because having antagonists whose power is 'imma immune 2 u' leaves very little in terms of cleverness or story advancement at stake. It essentially means that a third party MUST intervene to save the established heroes.

Plus, I'm not sure how far into it you are right now, the Touma worshiping gets a little intense in places. Things that our regular cast has dealt with before suddenly became obstacles that they spend the entire series dealing with. Then this kid comes along and just destroys those obstacles without as much as a second thought.

I think that combined with the timing is what really put Force as the whipping boy of the franchise. It's not AWFUL, and I can think of quite a few good things about it. Such as the new form changes, some of the new weapons, Touma's tag-alongs, the idea of finding new technology to counter a technology-based threat, etc. But it came out at such a lousy time for the franchise; it didn't capitalize on StrikerS interest, it was going to be the action-counterpart to ViviD (which had sour reactions even when it came out initially because the entire military sub plotline was seemingly stripped away), and was during a time where the future was bleak with the VAs.

I think if Force came out now, it might be received better. Sadly, you really only get one chance to redeem yourself.
>>
>>2115299
>I said it before and I say it again: a Lyrical Nanoha: Civil War would make me turn my wallet inside out.
The problem with that is that you wouldn't be able to put Nanoha, Fate, Hayate and the Wolkenritter on opposing sides, and they're all powerhouses with no competition outside of the bullshit from Force.
>>
>>2115301
>you wouldn't be able to put Nanoha, Fate, Hayate and the Wolkenritter on opposing sides
Hayate and the Wolkenritter could serve as mediators between the conflicting sides because they are more "neutral" and could indeed fix things before they go to shit.
Therefore, they have to go. Maybe the TSAB top dogs called her away for something.
Then the TSAB does something radical that could go very bad very quickly. Nanoha agrees, Fate doesn't (or viceversa). Disagreement devolves into lazor flinging after a nasty incident.

>powerhouses with no competition
All the more reason to fight each other.
>>
>>2115300
The Hucks' personalities and designs are just fine, it's just that they were too powerful for anyone but the high tiers to have any real effect on them. And honestly, given how common it is for new arcs in action anime/manga to start off with the protagonists getting bodied, even that complaint holds less water as time goes on.

Honestly, they're probably the only thing from Force I'd salvage.
>>
>>2115310
So you want them to be out of character just for the sake of drama/action? That wouldn't end well. I would also say that it would make the actual world be out of character, because the Midchilda/TSAB is really a peaceful society, no BetrayerS stuff. Some poeple point at the politics in StrikerS as sign it is all full of corruption but I don't think that stands. The author likes things fluffy in the end as can be seen in Dog Days, and you can see that is the intention in StrikerS/Vivid too - Force probably aims for a good ending too.
>>
>>2115267
My thoughts on Innocent exactly. It's cute but that sort of AU-whoring usage really doesn't pay proper honors to the characters. They are worth way more than that, and that's before we start with complains about the quality of the story/character behaviour and such.

And of course, if you want to keep some story alive, you sure as hell don't want to dilute it with low-effort splinter remakes. Which means Innocent has to stay a relatively unimportant side material.
>>
>>2115299
>action-y
Yes, I will admit that I won't mind something of a more action bent. Lyrical Nanoha tend to be at it's best when it is "Magical Girl Gundam" so something that returns it to being just that is a plus in my book.

>grimdark
Ok, I am of two minds with that. First off, honestly... I would not mind it all that much. Some of the franchise best moment come from discovering the tragedy of the situation (A's comes to mind, or what the The First pulled with Precia Testarossa is another).
With that said, Nanoha wasn't a franchise that wallowed in the deep end of the grimdark pool and given that other properties do it better (Hello Madoka/Wixoss/Yuuki, etc.), I don't think that it is wise to start trying. A girmdark story isn't a promise to good story telling and what Nanoha needs, as a franchise, is a good story to tell.

>>2115301
>The problem with that is that you wouldn't be able to put Nanoha, Fate, Hayate and the Wolkenritter on opposing sides,

That already happened, it's called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's. It's quite good, even for a movie for it if you are strapped for time.

>>2115290
>>2115292
My argument to that... I don't think that it matters all that much, their are other bigger concerns with the franchise that needs more attention.
Yes, I get it... yuri teasing is fun, and lesbians getting to be awesome is cool, but this is a franchise on the brink. More yuri will come if there is activity in the franchise, and that will only happen if what happens next is good (Vivid Strike... please be good) enough to captivate others.
>>
>>2115315
>The Hucks' personalities and designs are just fine

Nah, you're crazy.
Maybe their personalities are fine, but whoever decided "hey guys let's rip off the single most popular RPG series in existence, no one will notice that!" gives an uncanny feeling when they're introduced and makes any kind of development with them feel like lame donut steel garbage. Everything about their design is bad, and taking the weapons from another Final Fantasy game didn't make things easier to swallow.

Hucks should be completely redesigned. Keep some of their design elements like the tattoos inherent to Eclipse users, but hire some character designers who wouldn't make such blatantly stupid decisions with the centerpoints of their plotlines.

If I made antagonists for my plucky up-and-coming villain team, and two of them were just Vegeta and Shadow the Hedgehog with masks and/or tattoos over their eyes; people would consider that to be extremely shitty no matter what storyline I put them in.

> it's just that they were too powerful for anyone but the high tiers to have any real effect on them. And honestly, given how common it is for new arcs in action anime/manga to start off with the protagonists getting bodied, even that complaint holds less water as time goes on.

And you're completely correct here, having your Final Fantasy OCs come in and wreck the established characters is what I think killed Force faster than any Touma worshiping ever would have done.
>>
>>2115310
>Nanoha agrees, Fate doesn't (or viceversa). Disagreement devolves into lazor flinging after a nasty incident.
Nanoha doesn't even spar directly against Fate anymore after the big accident she had when she was 12, now that they're living as a married couple with a child it's much harder to expect a real fight between them. If they don't agree about something they would just talk things out, their relationship and friendship isn't that weak. Their relationship with Hayate isn't much weaker either, I don't see how you can put them against the rest of the trio without resorting to bad writing, mind control or AU shenanigans.

>>2115325
>That already happened, it's called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's. It's quite good, even for a movie for it if you are strapped for time.
That was Hayate and her knights about everyone else, before she was befriended.
>>
>>2115325
>With that said, Nanoha wasn't a franchise that wallowed in the deep end of the grimdark pool and given that other properties do it better (Hello Madoka/Wixoss/Yuuki, etc.), I don't think that it is wise to start trying

Wise words. I think the conversation on that is pretty much over at that point.

I think trying to make Grimdark Nanoha would be the worst thing you could do to the franchise.
>>
>>2115328
The only FF-looking character in the Huckbein was Veyron, and maybe Cypha (who I think looks pretty cool anyways). I guess you could argue that Arnage looked like not!Revy,, but that's about it. And considering this is the franchise that gave us the Materials, which are literally Sonic OC-level fan characters in terms of design, the Hucks look absolutely original by comparison

>And you're completely correct here, having your Final Fantasy OCs come in and wreck the established characters is what I think killed Force faster than any Touma worshiping ever would have done.

How is having characters actually challenge your protagonists a bad thing in a manga? And don't give the overpowered excuse because they had developed methods that negate their hax by their second major confrontation with them.
>>
>>2115329
>That was Hayate and her knights about everyone else, before she was befriended.
You are not disproving my point... that is still TSAB, Nanoha and Fate in one corner and Hayate and her knights in the other.

>I don't see how you can put them against the rest of the trio without resorting to bad writing, mind control or AU shenanigans.
Not really, TSAB is a rather big organization and Hayate has this habit of moving around with in it. From A's onward is pretty well established that corruption is rife in the group, and it would not take much to make Hayate at the centre of an organization conflict (something that they did try with StrikerS if executed poorly). And to have all of Riot Force 6 scattered enough to they would noticed rather late.

But that is just one of many angles you can look at that from.

>>2115336
>I think trying to make Grimdark Nanoha would be the worst thing you could do to the franchise.

No, Vivid took that spot for me....
I will say that "Grimdark" Nanoha story for the sake of it would be doomed to failure.
>>
>>2115337
>The only FF-looking character in the Huckbein was Veyron, and maybe Cypha
All of them are based on FF characters in some form or another. The entire group was meant to be a homage.

>the Hucks look absolutely original by comparison
Look up some of the final fantasy designs and you won't be saying that. Some of them are straight-up taken from the series. One of them is just a recolored Tidus and another is just Lulu without the belt-dress. That's absurd. That's "Someone should get fired for this" bad.

And it wouldn't be a bad thing if these were just side-characters. Nothing is wrong with homages if it's done with subtlety, there is nothing subtle about making them the main antagonists of the series. Even going as far as to bring in the weapons from the series that they were taken from.

>How is having characters actually challenge your protagonists a bad thing in a manga?
That's not what I said. Having character challenge the protagonists is expected.
Having your donut steels taken from an extremely popular franchise come in and wreck your protagonists is what fifteen-year-olds on Deviantart and Fanfiction.net make. Not your professionally funded and canon manga.

It wouldn't have been bad if an established antagonist came in and completely defeated Signum by an inherent edge which was unanticipated. But it makes a world of difference when the antagonist who came in and did that was a recolor of Vegeta. Suddenly, that one change makes it seem almost like I'm writing masturbatory garbage and not a respectful portrayal of the series or its characters. It wouldn't even be a respectful homage at this point, because I'm essentially taking the essence of this completely unrelated character and slamming it into my pet project.

Which is why so many people were upset. It was respectful to no one, and made the writer seem like a tween arguing with his schoolyard friends that his favorite characters could totally beat all their favorite characters.
>>
>>2115337
not him, but even one of them is too many.
even if they were the most diverse group of villains on earth; that one page where it genuinely looks like squall lionheart is fighting tidus killed force and became the effigy of the franchise. It became the laughing stock of the japanese-side of the internet for years and embodied what people came to think of force: an extremely hamfisted attempt by newbie writers to put anything popular they could together in a last-ditch attempt to save the dwindling interest in nanoha.

You know how, around here, that originally-yuri manga that ends with hetNTR (forgot its name) gets posted every time that series is mentioned? That page is the equivalent to that. A single page that just tells everyone that the series went full-pandering, is no longer worth your time, and is being directed by genuine retards.

in a way, Im glad it failed.
>>
>>2115342
>No, Vivid took that spot for me....

I really don't see how ViviD can possibly be worse than trying to go full-on edge to save the series.

I rather the series die a comfy death than have some full-on out-of-place edgewar completely wreck the franchise.
>>
File: Hückebein.jpg (195KB, 320x453px) Image search: [Google]
Hückebein.jpg
195KB, 320x453px
>>2115337
>The only FF-looking character in the Huckbein was Veyron, and maybe Cypha (who I think looks pretty cool anyways).
They're all that way. The only ones who are not are the ones that came in way later in the story after the author realized how terrible of an idea it was. Likely fueled by 2+ years of hateful comments on 2ch.
That said, I would at least like to see Force finish at this point. I followed it for what; five years, and it was just taken away on what I remember to be a cliffhanger.
If Tsuzuki had any balls, he would condense all of Force down into a 12 episode format and finish the entire series as an anime.
>>
>>2115359
Seconding this. While it is strange for Vivid to be vapid SoL, at least it isn't Force.
Vivid should have been treated as a spin-off with the actual continuation of the franchise being more befriending. Not some try hard deviantart bullshit.
>>
File: Short_Jump.jpg (53KB, 390x300px) Image search: [Google]
Short_Jump.jpg
53KB, 390x300px
>>2115315
>>2115315
>Honestly, they're probably the only thing from Force I'd salvage.
>hi im sefiroth
>teleports behind u
>good

Anon...
>>
>>2115366
nothin personnel kid
>>
>>2115348
Look up some of the final fantasy designs and you won't be saying that. Some of them are straight-up taken from the series. One of them is just a recolored Tidus and another is just Lulu without the belt-dress. That's absurd. That's "Someone should get fired for this" bad.

I have, I honestly have no idea which characters your referring to. Is Fortis supposed to be the Tidus recolour? He just looks like a generic bishounen to me. Who's the Lulu lookalike? Curren? She barely resembles her.

>And it wouldn't be a bad thing if these were just side-characters. Nothing is wrong with homages if it's done with subtlety, there is nothing subtle about making them the main antagonists of the series. Even going as far as to bring in the weapons from the series that they were taken from.

It's not like having major characters look like characters from other franchise is unheard of. Ragna the Bloodedge from Blazblue looks like a more weeb-ish version of Dante from Devil May Cry, for instance. and they're both the main characters of their respective games, or the millions of times Capcom and SNK have copied each other, not to mention Marvel and DC. Hell, Shamal looks like a younger Ritsuko from Evangelion, but I don't see anyone complaining about her design.
>>
If I were to re-make Force at this point, I would make the Grendels the main antagonists of the series; making the whole thing about their ridiculous war against the TSAB and the crazy contraptions RF6 make to stop them. Maybe have Touma and co. follow along behind or even be a part of their group.

Which they could easily do considering that the Grendels are actually kind of loved and aren't completely edgelords.
>>
>>2115363
Really not seeing the FF resemblances in that picture.

Like, at all.
>>
File: DevilleR.jpg (139KB, 869x445px) Image search: [Google]
DevilleR.jpg
139KB, 869x445px
>>2115372
>I have, I honestly have no idea which characters your referring to
Really?

>Fortis
He's actually the Sephiroth recolor. The Tidus recolor is DeVille.
His next form even looks like a summon you get in X. Down to the spikes and everything.

>It's not like having major characters look like characters from other franchise is unheard of.

You miss the point, entirely. It's not *just* 'well they look like other characters', it's that they're focal points of the story and behave like very lame fanfiction.net expys

What if I went and got the cast of Tails Got Trolled and dropped it into Nanoha? Changing the names and some color palettes. You would probably think that I was either making something ironically bad or something so self-aware that it would be difficult to take seriously. That is what happened with the Hucks.

One of our first introductions with the hucks was some guy who was clearly fucking Squall down to his jacket fighting against Toma. At that point, it's hard to know if anyone is even taking the future of Nanoha seriously. The second one was another expy, dual-wielding swords Kirito-style, injuring one of the most established characters in the franchise in a fight that can only be described as flaccid.

>But look at all these other companies that rip each other off!
>Capcom and SnK

I like that you included two companies that make ridiculous parodies of each other's fighting game characters as banter between their character designers.

But more importantly: Execution is everything. Shamal is just a short-haired girl with big boobs in a good series, but you would be blind or half brain-damaged to argue that Veyron isn't Squall and Fortis isn't Sephiroth.

Which again is the main problem: when you take these characters, change their personalities, and use them as expys for your power-level fight in your series; you've disrespected the series and the original characters.
>>
>>2115375
I'm baffled that you don't immediately notice Cypha in the back when you, yourself, admitted that she was probably a homage in >>2115337

But besides that, Rosalia is another taken character, and try to guess who Arnage is taken from. Hint: It's from FF8.

Really, this exchange is telling me that you need to play more FF games, overall.
>>
>on Final Fantasy
I suppose we can be thankful that they didn't go full Tetsuya Nomura. Or if they did they bothered to cover at least a few of the BELTS N' ZIPPERS.

>>2115366
They really did that Coldsteel bullshit?
>>
>>2115372
> Ragna the Bloodedge from Blazblue looks like a more weeb-ish version of Dante from Devil May Cry, for instance. and they're both the main characters of their respective games, or the millions of times Capcom and SNK have copied each other, not to mention Marvel and DC. Hell, Shamal looks like a younger Ritsuko from Evangelion, but I don't see anyone complaining about her design.
notice how that's only one or two characters per game in your example? it would probably be fine if it were only one or two characters.
there are eight hucks at least.
making the bad guys invincible to all the main cast, who have all their limitations in-place, was the dumbest move imaginable. especially when the only good-guy who can stop them is the dough-eyed self-insert protagonist.

I would probably expect this from a sonic the hedgehog sprite comic, not nanoha.
>>
>>2115389
That character is the embodiment of *teleports behind u SHNNK nothin peronsell kid*, his special ability is short-range teleport.

He does this almost every fight he is in.
Also, no joke, he can turn his skin to steel and can crush straight through metal walls.

I would like to add, this is an example of the villain that someone thinks should be saved. Like this is a good idea or something.
>>
>>2115381
Deville? The guy who's bulky enough to be in Battle Tendency? I don't see the Tidus reference in him at all.

I understand the Squall complaint because that ones blatantly obvious, but I can't see who Cypha's supposed to be an expy of (other than like, every anime/video game rival ever). I guess you can say she's a homage to Seifer, but she looks different enough for it not to be noticeable until pointed out. I also doubt her dual-wielding is supposed to be a reference to SAO since her debut chapter was years before that skyrocketed in popularity. If you're talking about the whole "power up is getting another sword), that's more likely a reference to Kingdom Hearts or something.

That being said, I would not mind a doujin of Cypha beheading Kirito and stealing his harem.
>>
>>2115389
starting to understand why force became the laughing stock of japan for a while? If I were writing it, I would go on hiatus just so people wouldn't recognize me on the street as "that guy who seriously put coldsteel the hedgehog in his professional manga".
>>
>>2115384
>Play more FF
Ew, no thanks. I'd rather get into Tales or Atelier.
>>
>>2115399
>Deville? The guy who's bulky enough to be in Battle Tendency? I don't see the Tidus reference in him at all.
Change his haircolor to blonde and he looks just like him. On the black and white releases when he first appeared, people genuinely thought that he was just shirtless Tidus.

>I understand the Squall complaint because that ones blatantly obvious
And it shouldn't have been put in, ever. It was a terrible idea when they came up with it and it's a terrible idea now. It's pretty much a summary of the general design idea behind the hucks themselves: They're a big mish-mash of everything the author thought was "cool", including teleport-fights from DBZ, without much forethought as to how this meshes with the characters or the story.

That's my take on it, at least. Why the hucks really aren't worth saving and are best swept under the rug of history.

>That being said, I would not mind a doujin of Cypha beheading Kirito and stealing his harem.
Well at least we can agree there.

>>2115402
More than fair. Really, I don't know how I powered through them when I was younger. I tried playing the HD versions recently, and was too bored to finish them.
>>
File: Steel donut.jpg (14KB, 356x311px) Image search: [Google]
Steel donut.jpg
14KB, 356x311px
>>2115395
>>2115398
I assume the plug was pulled shortly afterwards.
And how did this get greenlit in the first place?
>>
>>2115423
It's a good setup for mecha-loli antics, it's just the execution is terrible.
Just to be clear, you are aware that the main character of Force is a boy named Thoma, right? The TSAB crew are side characters to him.
>>
Cypha is love. Cypha is life.
>>
>>2115431
>you are aware that the main character of Force is a boy named Thoma, right?
I do, and I bet the contents of a Mystery Box that he's a Gary Stu worthy of the worst self-insert fics.
>>
>>2115435
Okay, but only if you want to see what's in the box:

The entire antagonist team in Force is super-immune to literally every brand of magic that RF6 has at their disposal, their only hope is the super-special snowflake Thoma who has the same special-ability nonsense as the bad guys and who is TSAB's best weapon against them. He's also immune to most magic.
>>
>>2115437
>>2115435
The TSAB is able to get the upper hand on the antagonists team before long, which calls into question why Thoma was even needed in the first place.
>>
>>2115439
I'm certain that part was only done in response to the severe backlash.
All of that reads like the summary of the worst self-insert fanfics. :
>>
> Force stuff

Strikers kinda disappointed me enough that I lost interest and stopped following the franchise. I see this thread and pop in wondering if there was anything new to revive my interest and...

Holy shit, wtf happened to this series?
>>
>>2115299
It doesn't have to turn completely grimdark, just dark. A character death or a dozen would really benefit this franchise, especially if it's someone the main characters are emotionally attached to.
>>
>>2115548
Tsuzuki went nuts and made sure to crash this franchise with no survivors.
>>
>>2115359
>I really don't see how ViviD can possibly be worse than trying to go full-on edge to save the series.
That is the funny part... Force wasn't edgy, it wasn't even trying. In the end it trying to kind of retell the A's story. Just extremely poorly.

>I rather the series die a comfy death than have some full-on out-of-place edgewar completely wreck the franchise.
I don't know, when the cusp of a story is "cute girls doing cute, fan service-y things", the tournament arc that it has remains inconsequential, and the usual cast herd consists of the everyone just hanging around a hot spring to little to nothing? Vivid is doing enough damage to the franchise itself for merely existing. Force at least tries to centre itself where the franchise was at it best (again the poor execution kills it), and honestly I would rather that the production committee try to recapture that former glory than simply keep pushing Vivid, which does nothing for the franchise aside from make it forgettable.
>>
>>2115548
>anything new
I think it's important to keep in mind that Force is six years old at this point. Last update happened three years ago.
>>
>>2115551
That would be grimdark as hell for Nanoha. Killing a dozen characters for basically no reason to 'up the stakes' is what really bad sequels do in order to drum-up interest.
>>
File: ocjgK.jpg (666KB, 3103x1981px) Image search: [Google]
ocjgK.jpg
666KB, 3103x1981px
I honestly don't care for most of this "overpowered" or "Signum beaten" things, as was pointed out that is a global shounen cliche and nothing to bitch about. Remember first Nanoha-Vita fight?

If there is something I hate about force, it is another shounen trope. The huck villains are shown like cool guys and even Thoma thinks they are actually nice people - despite being mass murderers and admiting to it. Call me a moralfag but I absolutely hate when a shounen antagonist is a cold-blooded murderer for sake of edge, but the story doesn't punish him, it is forgotten than in the past he was shown to be as evil as it gets and he kinda joins the buddies and the hero has respect for him etc - fuck that, kill that with fire, piss on the corpse.

This I would like to see addressed/averted if the series continues. A lot, because Nanoha wasn't this trashy so far. Numbers acted a bit evilly on few(!) ocassions, but it was mostly discountable as bravado and knowing nothing about real world, being just freshly cloned kids. Redemption - quite possible, just Quattro was real evil bitch and Due maybe but too (but little was shown of her character and she got killed). And Quattro didn't get befriended but ended up in Jail - is it should be.

>>2115565
100% agreed, I really hope they won't turn to that shit
>>
File: 1285716164553.jpg~original.jpg (725KB, 3043x1948px) Image search: [Google]
1285716164553.jpg~original.jpg
725KB, 3043x1948px
Also for these reasons I wouldn't be that opposed to go grimdark/mass death in Force - if the victims would be the Hucks (Hades getting controll of them and turning them into mindless monsters with no way back, that needed to be destroyed? Yay, just maybe spare the little girl).

They could maybe then give the moe abused reactor girl (Rosalia) to Isis to take care of. This is Nanoha after all, we need some girl-girl subtext material.
>>
File: Isis_Force.png (514KB, 880x1520px)
Isis_Force.png
514KB, 880x1520px
That said, did anyone bitch yet that Isis's devices look like penises with balls? Not minding much, it could actually be an opportunity for doujin jokes.

Isis and Lilly barrier jackets were rather good, and in the original vein of Nanoha look.
>>
>>2115565
I agree that for Nanoha killing a dozen of characters would be to much, but the franchise really needs to trim the cast and focus on a core one.

There are way too many characters, Subaru's "extended family" needs to go, for example. How could they do it? I don't know, create some sort of expedition and send them there forever or something. Anything that keeps them out of the story permanently.
>>
>>2115569
>If there is something I hate about force, it is another shounen trope. The huck villains are shown like cool guys and even Thoma thinks they are actually nice people - despite being mass murderers and admiting to it. Call me a moralfag but I absolutely hate when a shounen antagonist is a cold-blooded murderer for sake of edge, but the story doesn't punish him, it is forgotten than in the past he was shown to be as evil as it gets and he kinda joins the buddies and the hero has respect for him etc - fuck that, kill that with fire, piss on the corpse.

That is kind of a staple of Nanoha in that most "villains" aren't villains in the traditional sense and are somewhat redeemable (along side some truly note worthy scum).
It's how the whole befriending thing became a thing.
>>2115578
>Isis and Lilly barrier jackets were rather good, and in the original vein of Nanoha look.
They aren't, I find them kind of meh.
>>
>>2115363
>If Tsuzuki had any balls, he would condense all of Force down into a 12 episode format and finish the entire series as an anime.
Lets hope he doesn't, part of me still wants to enjoy the new season
>>
File: 18_16.jpg (130KB, 1303x339px) Image search: [Google]
18_16.jpg
130KB, 1303x339px
>>2115583
Anon, you don't need to kill anybody to stop him from appearing. You just make them go about their business and not act in the main story, like Arf, Yuuno, Chrono, Amy, Lindy, Letti, Vice, and so on.

Which is what Subaru's extended family does, if they wasn't used as Viviogang seconds in the matches. But did you see CInque and Ginga apart form few cameos? No. And those cameos were nice, like Cinque driving in baby seat with Nove in the passenger place. Wouldn't it look stupid if the front characters didn't have any other friends besides the central cast?

So people, cut the crap with the bloodlust.
>>
>>2115591
I'm not the same anon asking for deaths. I just want the focus to be on the core cast and ignore the rest. I would love a new series set in the gap between A's and StrikerS for example.

If the new series could only be set after StrikerS, they need to focus on fewer characters. Using lots of them doesn't work Vivid, and StrikerS before it, has proven that using lots of characters doesn't work well for the franchise.
>>
>>2115595
I'm just pointing out that sidelining of old cast is easy to do in normal ways. And more importantly, the writer does exactly that, actually. I guess you people disagree that the extent is too small, but I personally don't see a problem there, really.
>>
>>2115600
They still eat way too much page time for my taste (it doesn't help that all of them are fucking boring). To be quite honest, I guess I just don't like Vivid at all.
>>
>>2115591
Yeah... It's pretty clear that that doesn't work. It would be hard, very hard to keep any previous character from high-jacking the focus simply due to their previous exploits.
Half the time, the characters simply being around dictate the atmosphere (this is particularly pronounced with the Nakajima family), while being around for more than a cameo and not doing anything.

What it would take it being much more strict about appearances, a few panels at most as they go about their daily lives or their appearance for more than that has some baring on the plot or character developments.

>>2115595
>I just want the focus to be on the core cast and ignore the rest
You know, I would more than live with the fact of a new cast that this point with the rest as small cameos. The problem is this: The focus MUST remain on the new cast for what ever they are doing. They must be able to carry a show together on their own without the need of Nanoha and co. to descend from on high in a poor attempt to save it (Force) or simply remain a non-factor for plot/character developments (Vivid).
>>
>>2115608
>Half the time, the characters simply being around dictate the atmosphere (this is particularly pronounced with the Nakajima family)

I disagree. In Vivid, almost everything gets done by the new characters, I think it actually exactly fits your idea of how stuff should be.

The cyborgs acting as coaches do almost nothing (most of their coaching is offscreen), the only action the old cast does is capturing Einhart in chapters 4-5. If you read the manga, then actually as a fan of the old characters, you could bitch that the little girl no-ones steal focus and Nanoha/Fate don't get to shine (not to mention StrikerS forwards).

Further, Nanoha and Fate are nonexistent, they just bake cakes. And realistically speaking, all the little girls are almost neglected by their parents if you look at it, they just run around doing their stuff and moms/dads hardly check on them.

Even the action in the infinity library, which is the most dramatic part (let's put the tournament aside) is fully in the hands of new characters, despite Hayate being there. Hayate literally just comes after the fact and cleans up the mess the kids made. True, Lutecia does something, but is saved by Vivio who "steals the show".
>>
>>2115612
>If you read the manga, then actually as a fan of the old characters, you could bitch that the little girl no-ones steal focus and Nanoha/Fate don't get to shine (not to mention StrikerS forwards).

Eh, forgot to say that this was specifically speaking about the team battle which is the only place where StrikerS cast + NF makes significant action appearance and is a "threat" to the Vivids.
>>
>>2115555
>force wasn't edgy
Thats bullshit and you know it
>>
>>2115657
It's about as edgy as Naruturd or Bleach, arguabbly even less.
>>
>>2115591
>you don't need to kill anybody to stop him from appearing
Agreed. You just send them to the dreadful library, never to be seen again.
>>
>>2115689
Just because it failed at being edgy, like it did at everything else, doesn't mean they didn't try.
>>
Do you there is an official Nanoha booth in Comiket this year? Vivid anime adaption was announced in some Comiket wasn't it? Maybe we hear something new about the new anime.
>>
>>2115715
>Agreed. You just send them to the dreadful library, never to be seen again.
Well, that explains Yuno....
>>
File: 1372043890802.jpg (444KB, 970x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1372043890802.jpg
444KB, 970x1273px
>>2115718
How do you fail at being edgy? being edgy is already a failure
>>
>>2115877
And Arf, because nobody wants to see a cute wolf loli run around.
>>
>>2115931
This was a shit moment. I don't get why people are still mad about Signum (that was a proper fight where she fought until the weapons failed her) and not about this. Hayate got smacked with the jobbing role in much shittier way.
>>
>>2115971
Because it happened earlier, anyone who cared had already dropped the manga by the time Hayate got impaled
>>
>>2115689
>It's about as edgy as Naruturd or Bleach, arguabbly even less.

The entire motivation for the antagonists is that they're anarchists who hate the world and want to destroy society while listening to their nine-inch nails albums in their hot-topic clothing. It's like someone read a very bad tween fanfic and said to themselves "Hey, I bet I could do that in Nanoha!"
>>
>>2115971
>This was a shit moment

Every interaction between the hucks and the 'proper' cast was a shit moment. Let's not forget that they did the same shit *teleprot behind u* shit to Nanoha, too.
>>
>>2115939
I have to wonder, do you think the Library is just the dumping ground of all the mascots?

Will Teo find himself there some day?
>>
>>2115986
Yes, he'll find his spot right next to Nanoha.
>>
>>2116006
Ohhh, burn.

>>2115939
I though that Arf was babysitting Chono's kids for the rest of her life. Beats joining Lindy in retirement I guess.
>>
>>2115931
Depends on the type of edge

>>2115980
Well at least their taste in music is good.

>>2115982
Not like they interacted with them much anyway, they were too busy wanking Thoma along with damn near everyone else.

I did like what little interactions Cypha and Signum had. Their sexual tension/rivalry felt so classic, it hurt.
>>
File: 662.jpg (674KB, 1100x778px) Image search: [Google]
662.jpg
674KB, 1100x778px
>people hating on Force

It gave us Signum/Cypha

Literally the best thing to happen since the original Nanofate
>>
File: flcl_haruko0061.jpg (35KB, 720x480px)
flcl_haruko0061.jpg
35KB, 720x480px
>>2116105
>You will never see Cypha save Signum from a mutual enemy and pull the "I"M THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO KILL YOU!" card.
>You will never hear them scream each others names at the top of their lungs in hot-blooded fury
>You will never see them reluctantly team up while shooting verbal potshoots and constantly bickering with each other much to a third characters chagrin.
>You will never see them perform a super over-the-top synchronized finishing move on a villain ala Dante and Vergil in DMC3.

Why go on living?
>>
>>2116013
She does. Might be coming to library too a bit, but I'm pretty sure her main occupation is pet/maid/babysitter at Chrono's household, so joining Lindy in retirement is true I guess.

>>2116099
>>2116105
>Their sexual tension/rivalry felt so classic
You guys (girls?) have weird taste when it comes to cranial artillery.
>>
>>2116105
But Signum belongs with Fate.
>>
>>2115931
Now that I think about it - weren't the scanlations black and white as usual? Did Force also get a color version like Vivid?
>>
>>2116148
The Saint Church doesn't condone adultery.
>>
>>2116148
Signum belongs to Hayate, if anybody. It's the book guardian-knight thingy.

Prepare for crap.
>>
>>2116156
Signum would never molest Hayate in her sleep. Unless Hayate asked her to.
Actually, that does seem entirely possible.
>>
>>2116128
>you will never be as cool as Cypha

Why bother with anything
>>
>>2116200
That is the thing, Signum would never do that. Too honour bound and embarrassed to do so... even if Hayate her self would broach the subject herself.

Hayate on the other hand....
>>
>>2116105
I hope Cypha stays around, but she'll probably be retconned with the rest of Force.
>>
File: fatsig.jpg (235KB, 1748x1240px) Image search: [Google]
fatsig.jpg
235KB, 1748x1240px
>>2116148
I agree.
>>
>>2116105
>It gave us Signum/Cypha
If only doujin artists jumped on that ship, the only scanned content of them on sad panda is some stupid hetero deal for both of them in tandem.
>>
>>2116156
>Signum belongs to Hayate, if anybody. It's the book guardian-knight thingy.
That doesn't mean she *belongs* to her. Just that there's a master-servant type thing going on.
Are they even bound together anymore with the Book being destroyed?
>>
>>2116346
Force generally has little doujins, doesn't it?

On the other hand it doesn't really tease any /u/ ships, this Cypha/Signum thing arguably being crack territory at lest at the current state (honestly, Signum is too good for a Huckebein, by far). So I guess it would be vanilla Thoma/Lilly, Thoma/Isis stuff at best and the usual rape shit at worst, anyway.
>>
BTW, speaking about Force, was I the only one who thought the Fortis huckebein guy was a woman at first (until it was stated in some profile at the end, or somethign like that)?
>>
>>2116470
It's hard to tell with all the angsty-bishounen stereotypes crawling around Force.
>>
>>
>>
>>2116723
>People don't like muh OTP
Get the fuck over it and quit being anal over people's shipping preferences.
>>
File: jdjsgn.jpg (194KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
jdjsgn.jpg
194KB, 700x700px
>>2116825
Ignore it, it is *that* guy again for 1000th time.
>>
File: 09.png (291KB, 704x1000px) Image search: [Google]
09.png
291KB, 704x1000px
>>2116723
>>
File: 10.png (237KB, 693x1000px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
237KB, 693x1000px
>>2116871
>>
File: 11.png (200KB, 705x1000px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
200KB, 705x1000px
>>2116872
>>
File: 12.png (284KB, 705x1000px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
284KB, 705x1000px
>>2116873
>>
>>2116871
Sauce?
>>
>>2116156
I prefer Signum/Shamal myself.
>>
>>2116882
[RED DRAGON] REVIVAL (Fate x Signum MGLN doujin)

Personally though, I'm not a fan of Fate x Signum even if this doujin was great!

I'm more of a three way relationship of Signum x Reinforce Eins x Hayate.

Or just Signum x Reinforce Eins to be honest.
>>
File: 59.png (211KB, 685x1000px) Image search: [Google]
59.png
211KB, 685x1000px
>>
File: 60.png (221KB, 658x1000px) Image search: [Google]
60.png
221KB, 658x1000px
>>2116892
>>
File: 61.png (249KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61.png
249KB, 675x1000px
>>2116894
>>
File: cypha.jpg (66KB, 546x258px) Image search: [Google]
cypha.jpg
66KB, 546x258px
Enough bickering, let's appreciate how glorious Cypha in a suit is.
>>
>>2116723
It's times like this I remind myself why I don't translate too many things for Nanoha any more. Baseless accusations that I slant my translation away from NanoFate were annoying as hell.
>>
>>2116888
Yeah, looks very cute, despite being at odds with the sacred NanoFate. Sane person should be able to look at that without going crazy, IMHO.
>>
>>2116902
Please don't let yourself be discouraged by that fucked-up-in-the-head psycho - although I understand if you do. Fansubbing/scanlating is a chore and unpaid time-consuming job. So big thanks for your work, too.
>>
>>2116913
>wanting the fandom to be good
If it is you speaking, anticrack-spammer, and by "wanting the fandom to be good" you mean your actions, then fuck yeah there is a lot of wrong, because what you do is miles and miles away from just "wanting the fandom to be good".

But you don't get how awfully obnoxious your crazied frenzy is, you never listen to any arguments and just continue your trance, ignoring everything, including the fact that you are alone in your bubble despite thinking the exact opposite.

And that is the last thing I'll say to you this month, because seriously, life is too short for this shit. I didn't survive cancer IRL for the sake of this. Moreover, I don't want to litter the thread.

P.S. I hope one day you'll get some help and get better.
>>
>>2116888
back the fuck up

Hayate x Reinforces is basically incest, right?

Or selfcest of some sort
>>
>>2116913
what I find hilarious is that every fucking person has told you to fuck off in every way imaginable.

The users have told you to fuck off
The mods have told you to fuck off
The only person who hasn't told you to fuck off at this point are the ones working at 7arcs

remember that thread on /a/ two weeks ago where you got banned eight times by my count? How many more bans do you need before you realize that no one gives a shit about your holy war, faggot?
>>
>>2116902
Please make more FateSignum, I enjoy it, thanks.
>>
>>2116923
Not really. Hayate rewrote what was left of the Reinforce program, so if anything Rein2 is her creation.
>>
>>2116926
I completely agree, but let's try to ignore it and leave it to moderation. After all there are the "be on topic and post quality content" rule, as he pointed out in one of those dreadful /a/ threads.

You must recall how the shit and pointless (because not achieving anything) debate fills up the whole thread in a disgusting way.
>>
>>2116930
Here's a question, then

If you write it, and you made it, that means you basically are its mother/creator

Right?
>>
>>2116911
The worst of it was demands that I find ammunition for NanoFate vs NanoYuuno shipping wars at the very height of the idiotic conflict.

The NanoFate fans suddenly demanded I translate the Sound Stages accurately because I was somehow implying in my translation that there is no 'canon' of them being a couple in them. I pointed out I did translate what was in the cd dramas, and if they were complaining about the lack of NanoFate 'proof' then they should complain to the writers of the drama cds. I think it was the crappy Megami Magazine Christmas Drama CD that things got really bad because of something Fate goes on about Yuuno. They were 10 years old in that particular drama cd.

Somehow pointing out the lack of 'canon' in a anime drama cd that is created to pander fans made them foaming in the mouth mad.
>>
>>2116901
What did they do with these raptors?
>>
>>2116930
Apparently, Rein2 was created when Rein1 and Hayate's linker core fused together...
>>
>>2116934
That sounds awful

I blissfully ignored the shipping wars, mostly because I stayed off of Nanofate.com. So I can't say I know your pain, but I do know how badly it hurt the community.
>>
>>2116934
And that's why you don't go to AnimeSuki, good thing they banned all the shitposters from the Nanoha board.
>>
>>2116933
>>2116937
Well, going by that logic, yes.
But do remember that Hayate didn't create Reinforce and only tweaked stuff to make Rein2.

>>2116934
But that particular shipping war is over now, is it?
>>
>>2116942
>But do remember that Hayate didn't create Reinforce and only tweaked stuff to make Rein2.

While that is true, that would only apply to the original, right?

Zwei and Agito may be different on that front, though
>>
>>2116934
Yeah, I agree that is absolutely idiotic and if people were assholes about it to add insult to injury, who can blame you.

My thanks for translating the sounds stages BTW. That was great work, in a way bigger than fansubs of the series/manga, because the main material will almost always get translated, but it is very rare to get access to drama CDs and such (even the booklet, for SSX, iirc). I was very glad that I could listen to it thanks to the translations.

Drama CDs are almost never translated - I just have to compare Nanoha to other stuff I dig, like Iczer-1/3/etc or Dream Hunter Rem (zero material translated, not even doujins), to be reminded how lucky Nanoha fandom is. So thanks again.
>>
>>2116942
I wouldn't call it a shipping war, it was a few guys from spamming every thread with their antiyuri propaganda until a little after StrikerS.
>>
>>2116934
That sounds like a pretty silly argument to have over such an old drama cd, the Megami sound stages weren't even canon.
>>
>>2116948
This

>>2116949
That sucks. For what purpose?
>>
File: ss1.jpg (108KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
ss1.jpg
108KB, 600x849px
>>2116884
This.
>>
>>2116952
>That sucks. For what purpose?
Who knows, in every fandom there's always people that don't like a specific thing and feel like they need to persuade everyone that "thing" is wrong.
>>
>>2116952
>For what purpose?
Some people will insist their ship is doing fine, no matter how many miles it finds itself under.
>>
>>2116958
How is it they are like mother and father? Who decided the Yagami family tree, anyway?
>>
>>2116960
>Who knows, in every fandom there's always people that don't like a specific thing and feel like they need to persuade everyone that "thing" is wrong.

Can't possibly imagine anyone like that.
>>
I think the next time the mod does a sweep of the thread, he should change all the offending posts to "I AM A HUGE FAGGOT PLEASE RAPE MY FACE" before deleting it, just so trying to look it up in the archive doesn't do anything.
>>
>>2116965
>How is it they are like mother and father?
Logic? It's obvious Hayate and Vita don't look the part.

>Zafira
Imfuckingplying
>>
>>2116969
Hah, that would be great. Although some bits of it transcend the miasma and end up being funny:
>It sure is a good thing you can logical and mathematically prove that crack degrades the characters and is thus something wrong that damages the fandom.
>>
>>2116971
Wellllll

I'm sure Zafira could be a father to SOMEONE.
>>
>>2116951
Pointing out logic just incensed them more. It was incredible their reaction, I could not comprehend their fanaticism.

An anime magazine decided to put out a fan pandering drama cd that was answering fan mail sent in to the Megami magazine to answer questions. At one point, one them attempted to would send requests I translate something. But they were actually lolicon doujins and sent me links to zip files with misleading titles on it which did not indicate the contents.

I used to translate manga stuff as well, but I had to stop because I could no longer tell if the requests were legitimate or not.
>>
>>2116967
>Can't possibly imagine anyone like that.
Yeah, for Nanoha I don't think you can find people like that anymore, the old problematic guys either left or were forced to accept /u/.
>>
Oh god this autism.
>>
>>2116976
True, but that's something that shouldn't matter to us.
>>
>>2116979
It was worse in /a/ about two weeks ago.

A thread with 130 posts bloated to 600 in the span of an hour. Just from one person.

>>2116980
I think Zafira would make an excellent mascot, but 7arcs doesn't seem to agree.
>>
>>2116958
I like to imagine the relationship as kept in secret/private, and Shamal actually being the top when it comes to physical love.
>>
>>2116951
Mind you, when I translated the Megami Sound Stages it was during the tail end of the shipping war. It was years ago.
>>
>>2116981
>I think Zafira would make an excellent mascot, but 7arcs doesn't seem to agree.

To be fair, 7arcs doesn't seem to even know what to do with the franchise as a whole.
>>
>>2116988
It's sad when you think about it.

Unrelated to all that; I was thinking of writing a Nanoha-based quest sometime in the future. Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
>>
>>2116992
As long as there are entertaining characters, an interesting plot and yuri between a tomboy and her girlfriend. It'll be fine.

Personally, I had hoped to write a quest where you take control of a 'Number' and try to guide her through her rehabilitation and reintroduction into Midchilda society.

I was thinking of allowing players of choosing between Nove (for rescue work and civilian life) or Otto (for tomboy and religious warrior stuff) or Cinque (for wetwork and military stuff)

Never got off the ground because I wasn't confident of my writing skills.
>>
>>2116992
Should I try writing the basic premise instead of just saying "I'm thinking of writing a quest"?
>>
>>2117000
A good premise and plotline is essential for a quest. Make sure you're flexible enough to allow for weird players choices.

Yes, of course, handing your soul gem to your enemy is a grand idea!!!

Man, some quests made me mad.
>>
>>2116999
>
Personally, I had hoped to write a quest where you take control of a 'Number' and try to guide her through her rehabilitation and reintroduction into Midchilda society.

My idea was similar, actually. It was taking control of an autonomous raptor unit.

Not sure how much yuri one would have with that.
>>
>>2117000
Perhaps you should try a "/u/ quest thread"?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't post a Nanoha related quest here, but an specific thread for it could bring in more people interested on them.
>>
>>2117001
>Yes, of course, handing your soul gem to your enemy is a grand idea!!!
I mean, it's not like we are going to turn into a demon wearing a slutty cocktail dress, right?
>>
>>2117003
Are quests allowed on /u/? I had thought they were driven out to parts unknown years ago.
>>
>>2117002
>Not sure how much yuri one would have with that.

There were male-looking raptors and female-looking raptors. However, they had pooled experience/consciousness IIRC, so a bit of a stretch to imagine relationships.
>>
>>2117002
>an autonomous raptor unit.
Birds, dinos or F-22s?
>>
>>2117005
I know we had quests pre-/qst/ but I'd run it there now.
>>
>>2117007
Unless it's some sort of defective Raptor unit or whose connection with the Hivemind got damaged.

You could have it try to resist submerging her personality to the comfortable pool of collective consciousness.

While having romantic shenanigans. I imagine at first she'll be rather robotic and getting more human over time.
>>
>>2117007
>>2117010

I was thinking of a story about a next-gen unit. No hivemind, crazy upgrade potential, lots of cute human-robot interpersonal relationships.
>>
>>2117011
Or at awkward moments, the Hivemind makes awkward running commentary.

<One>No no no. Flowers first, then handholding! Get your head together!
<Eighty> Pfft, so cliche. Why don't you also open doors for her or other chivalrous crap too?
<Twenty> I still say we should have gone after Teana! Who cares if she's with Subaru, we can totally go threeway with them! You just need to try!
>>
>>2117012
That would be awkward.

I like the idea.
Maybe the players are the other units and the 'prime' unit is hearing all of them at once
>>
>>2117012
>ONE AT A TIME, PLEASE!

>Hey, are you okay? You just shouted something and I have no idea what you mean.
>>
>>2117009
That might be an idea.

>>2117002
Aren't the numbers technically sisters? not that anything is wrong with inc/u/st.
>>
File: 1470510563821.jpg (464KB, 1697x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1470510563821.jpg
464KB, 1697x2000px
Who would be the maids of honor at their wedding?
>>
>>2117032
There would be none, it would be a secret wedding in Vegas to prevent Vita or Hayate from freaking out.
>>
>>2117030
A few of them are blood related, Numbers 1 to 4 had some of Jail's genetic material.
Otto and Dieci (8 and 12) were sisters.
Nove (9) was basically a redheaded clone/sister of Subaru.

But all the Numbers were raised as sisters.

In my quest idea, I was hoping that the chosen Number's would go after other women... not their sister(s).

Like, I don't know, Otto realizing she wants to be a Deacon and grand seducer of women parishioners (then getting defrocked for shenanigans because come on, players are idiots that go after the big red button)
>>
>>2117039
Sorry, 12 is Deed. But in any case, my original intent was to make a comedy quest.
>>
>>2117042
>>2117039
That sounds cute.
>>
>>2117039
Otto sounds like a pervert.
the panty-chasing adventures of the Numbers sounds like a good pitch, though.
>>
>>2117039
>Otto is actually female
What? No, seriously, thought it was the only male Number.

Also, whatever happened to the plot point of the Numbers carrying Jail's baby clones? I don't recall that being adressed in StrikerS epilogue or in ViVid.
>>
>>2117055
Given that her twin sister Deed apparently knows BDSM knots and ties (shibari apparently), I'm going to assume that Otto has picked up something.

That or we can have the grand adventures of Tre in prison, doing the Midchilda equivalent of Orange is the New Black and having to deal with her Belkan fundamentalist cellmate who is crazy but extremely attractive.

Or Nove attending anger management classes while working in the same Disaster Response department as Subaru.

Or Cinque attempting to resist the eternal deadly lure of the local pastry shop where the owner dotes on her.

Or Sette is realized on parole is trying to fit into the Nakajima family and trying to act less robotic.

The Numbers can be a fascinating group.
>>
>>2117056
All aborted off-screen, if I understand it right.

At least if they had them, they didn't show up in ViviD.
>>
>>2117076
I like to think that the writers went "oops, okay, ignore what we said folks. It didn't HAPPEN!"

Then they kind of dropped the issue quietly and never mentioned it ever again.
>>
>>2117097
I had the strangest thought that they were going to attempt to do something with it, but then didn't go through when they realized how tremendously poorly they planned it out .

>Okay so all the numbers are now preggers with jail rapebabies, what is the next step in your master plan?
>crashing this series with no survivors.
>>
>>2117059
Were they just forgotten in ViviD? I seem to don't remember seeing much of them except for Nove.
>>
>>2117059
>Or Sette is realized on parole is trying to fit into the Nakajima family and trying to act less robotic.
There was a really funny fic written about that. I think it was called "Ready, Sette, Go" or something like that.
>>
>>2117142
I remember that fic.
>>
>>2117122
They were used for a few pages as spare bodies/coaches for training Vivio's friend... subsequently, we haven't heard back from them.

Or at least that's what I can sort of remember.
>>
>>2117161
Well

That sucks.
>>
>>2117161
so that's pretty much vivid
have a cast of vibrant characters but fuck that, they're not cool anymore, roll in the new characters.
>>
>>2117188
I think what happened is that since Teana and Subaru are ostensibly the lead characters of Strikers they introduced a lot of villains around their age group. Vivid focuses on Vivio who is a lot younger, so then they decided to sideline the Numbers and increase the cast of characters who are around Vivio's age so she gets a bunch of friends and rivals.

Still a fucking terrible decision though.
>>
>>2117056
It was left "ambiguous" but got proved (besides side material that might have specified her sex) early in Vivid I think, there was some picture of her in tight enough pants or something like that.

Well if you assumed that she has a clone implanted too, that was probably also a decisive proof of her being female.

>>2117076
Well, they probably removed them and froze them or something. They won't grow up without Jail dying anyway, and are his copies, so in a way, it is not even killing if you destroyed them.
>>
File: Ch28007.jpg (791KB, 1051x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Ch28007.jpg
791KB, 1051x1500px
>>2117122
>>2117161
Well their sightings were quite regular, appearing as the trainers, at the church, so in the secodn last issue they were too.

Wendi and Cinque are in service under Hayate in Force.
>>
>>2117188
Just a few posts above, people were complaining that Numbers & other people from StrikerS DO show up, actually.
>>
>>2117292
I've reached the point where I can't recognize any of the characters anymore.
>>
File: Ch22002.jpg (611KB, 1073x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Ch22002.jpg
611KB, 1073x1500px
>>2117354
Hard to not recognize Cinque.
>>
File: ch18002.jpg (702KB, 1073x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ch18002.jpg
702KB, 1073x1500px
>>2117358
Hmm, did small boss grow higher than Cinque?
Also now that I think about it, Agito and Rein run around in their kiddo size modes, but when they go into combat (with Signum, Hayate), they shrink to the tiny form. A bit weird.
>>
>>2117359
I'm actually amazed their kid forms aren't used more in ViviD.
>>
>>2117359
>this page still makes me mad because it reminds me of what came before it.
>>
>>2117398
Actually I think they only appeared like that. The could interact with mini-Ix in their tiny pixie forms, though. Chibi trio.
>>
>>2117406
Where else would you aim with your huge pink... thing.

I would be afraid that the embryo that got removed from there afterwards was actually Nanoha's DNA.
>>
File: lovegauge.jpg (447KB, 950x1014px) Image search: [Google]
lovegauge.jpg
447KB, 950x1014px
>>2117412
I would aim at Fate's general direction
>>
>>2117412
>Due to intense magically-radioactive befriending, all the numbers were actually pregnant with Nanohakids
>>
>>2117359
Maybe the kid-size modes are less energy-efficient?
>>
>>2117358
I had to google who Cinque was

Why the fuck am I even here.
>>
>>2117467
Subaru's older little sister, duh.
>>
[Movie 1 Sound Stage]

Subaru: Cooking responsibilities usually alternate between Dieci and Gin-nee, with Cinque taking over time to time.
Teana: I see, sounds like something that can put a smile on your face.
Subaru: Yeah, you’d be pretty surprise how normal the family is like.
Teana: Hey, this might sound pretty weird/insensitive but…
Subaru: Hm?
Teana: You know how Cinque is ‘this’ tall, right?
Subaru: Yeah, about that…
Teana: Isn’t it hard for her? I mean when she wants to cook, she can’t reach stuff.
Subaru: The answer to that is… a pair of personal step ladder/stools! One for cooking, another for reaching/getting high/far away things. Handmade by dad.
Teana: How very diligent of Major Nakajima…
Subaru: Cinque says it’s her treasure. (Cinque really treasures them)
Teana: How nice, having such a cute older sister.

Still such a pitty they didn't animate the part where she drives in baby seat. Such a great joke and they tossed it out of the anime. Like several gags in those parts.
>>
>>2117474
So do they live with Subaru/Teana or are they in a separate house?
>>
File: A_la_Carte_SubaruTeana_s1_02.jpg (624KB, 1110x1600px) Image search: [Google]
A_la_Carte_SubaruTeana_s1_02.jpg
624KB, 1110x1600px
>>2117492
Major Nakajima's place, I think Ginga and the rest of the girsl still live wit him. Subaru seems to have her own flat, maybe not then (or actually I think maybe Teana slept at her place in SSX?), but she does by Vivid so she can have sex life.
>>
File: img006.jpg (2MB, 2107x3000px) Image search: [Google]
img006.jpg
2MB, 2107x3000px
>>2117530
Subaru's den. She is even prepared for breakfasts in bed (for more than 1 person).
>>
>>2117539
what are you doing to that child nove, you monster
>>
File: img012.jpg (2MB, 2098x3000px) Image search: [Google]
img012.jpg
2MB, 2098x3000px
What a lewd bedroom to put in a loli you basically kidnapped from the street.
Ah Midchilda, you lucky dyke place.
>>
>>2117542
>what a lewd bedroom
The only lewd thing in that bedroom is the jailbait slut loli with the tie side panties.
>>
>>2117568
I'm sure she's forced to wear those by Vivio.
>>
>>2117542
Where else do you put them?
>>
>>2117580
That was before they met.

Reminds me - did the "butchered fanservice" guy at /a/ cry about the side-tie panties not bein gin the anime? I think I was in all those threads when Vivid aired, but don't recall that.
>>
>>2117539
>>2117580
I am pretty sure it was either Nove or Subaru
Think about it, we never see her in that tshirt or panties again so they are probably not hers, she was in her school uniform when she got caught, meaning they probably strip her naked
>>
>>2117703
There was a serial sword stripper, if I recall. Maybe she got too close to Einhart.
>>
File: img002.jpg (2MB, 2096x3000px) Image search: [Google]
img002.jpg
2MB, 2096x3000px
>>2117703
Nope, not uniform, a dress. That T-shirt had to be put on her unconscious body though. No idea where they got it. The uniform was supposed to be in the locker, maybe she had some gym clothes there too (I just checked, it is not the same T-shirt she has later when sparring with Vivio - but I don't expect mangakas to have that attention to detail and they probably like to switch the outfits on bishoujos).
>>
>>2117703
In the anime, she had bra too - but that could have been under when she transformed.

Actually she does transform into uniform as you say.
>>
>>2117823
In the anime, that is.
>>
>>2117823
If it's not shown in the manga there is no evidence she was wearing one, we shouldn't take the anime as a reference, it's a direct adaptation but it was kind of messy with sloppy designs and a few things that weren't accurate.
>>
>>2117829
I bet somebody just liked the look of bra strap showing. Maybe he/she was forbidden from drawing those side-tie panties.
>>
>>2117797
She was safe from that, before Nove brought her into bad company.
>>
>>2117846
The anime is just a less sexy version of the original manga, the loli service is almost non existent compared to the original manga or even the 2 first anime series.
>>
>>2117854
I like the anime, and I'm sure some of those inconsistencies will be fixed in the blu-rays
>>
>>2117644
The trunk of a car.
>>
Why would you not want such a wonderful family?
>>
>>2117932
That's a bad place for them, what if they need food or water?
>>
>>2117935
The numbers are great, I wish 7arcs knew what to do with them.

Before anyone suggests something, big incestuous lesbian orgy is not an answer.
>>
>>2117948
It is so!
>>
>>2117938
Magic, mothafucka.
>>
>>2117926
It hurts every time
>>
>>2117948
They go on a family vacation, whereupon they meet one of Genya's former girlfriends.

The girls get it into their head, that their dad needs a lady in his life. They attempt get them together.
>>
>>2117938
If they're dead, they won't need food or water.
>>
>>2117992
but then they can't give you hugs
>>
>>2117969
Apparently there is/was plans to release the Blurays in 2017.
>>
>>2117998
First time I hear about this. Source?
>>
>>2118000
http://surokan-matome.blog.jp/archives/8215044.html

Just a rumour though.
>>
>>2118007
>open link with a small bit of hope
>pachinko
Fuck you too
>>
>>2118292
There's still hope! Don't give up!
>>
>>2118292
So what is with the hate for pachinko?
>>
File: 08.png (622KB, 1400x2000px) Image search: [Google]
08.png
622KB, 1400x2000px
>>2118328
Sellout, gambling (dunno how bad is pachinko, but if it is like slot machines and such stuff, that's plain and simply making profit from ruining people).

Well, obviously we just want normal straight (well, yuri of course) anime or manga , not thinly veiled merchandise/game/something pandering.

Side note: so little Einhart-Vivio yuri, what's your excuse, Japan?

Although I guess it would mostly be lolicon and that I couldn't stomach if it was explicit. I wish Vivid was more popular so that at least some people drew adult-mode making out between them.
>>
>>2118336
> Sellout, gambling (dunno how bad is pachinko, but if it is like slot machines and such stuff, that's plain and simply making profit from ruining people).
Yeah and the fact remains that it is people whom choose to play those (rather popular) games. I have no sympathy for the lives of people whom ruin themselves by choice.

>Well, obviously we just want normal straight (well, yuri of course) anime or manga , not thinly veiled merchandise/game/something pandering.

Anime has always been something of a production, so merch is to be expected.
There is only really one good thing about it, it's a product that will keep the franchise in the eyes of others. It needs to be visible again and just another anime will not cut it, not alone anyway.

> so little Einhart-Vivio yuri, what's your excuse, Japan?
You know I have no idea, but then again I think that is more of a side effect of Vivid not really inspiring artist or being popular enough (one or the other really).
>>
>>2118328
Pachinko is a non-game. It's a gambling game that fools the user into thinking that they're making progress, when in reality they're sinking further into an unwinnable hole that drains their money.

Think of it this way, the very best slot machines have an average win rate of 98%
http://www.gamblersbookcase.com/Slots-Math.htm

Pachinko machines have an even lower win-rate.
http://www.japantoday.com/category/lifestyle/view/an-addict%E2%80%99s-guide-to-pachinko

Even if you got all the modifiers and multipliers, you still don't have the win rate of pulling the handle on a single slot machine.

They're extremely shallow """games""" that rely on the promise of winning extra playtime or money; which never really happens because of the odds. The game portion is just shooting tiny balls into holes, and every game is the same game with a reskin. Even arcade machines, which have a 0% win rate because you can never win anything from a standard arcade machine, at least have the benefit of being actual video games.

It's a fad that can really only be played in a few places in Japan because of laws on gambling, and can't even be exported to their largest foreign markets because by all intents and purposes; it is a gambling machine. In America it would be regulated the same way as video poker, which means it's explicitly illegal in all but three states.

Which is why pachinko is pretty much hated everywhere on the english-speaking internet. More 'games' that aren't worth playing, can't possibly be canon or related to the plot, and will never-ever be exported or playable in their native tongue.
>>
>>2118336
>Side note: so little Einhart-Vivio yuri, what's your excuse, Japan?
I think it's because Japan just doesn't like ViviD or Vivio very much.

Almost all the ViviD related works pertains to the characters they knew from StrikerS and their developing relationships which are only vaguely hinted at in ViviD.
>>
>>2118364
>I have no sympathy for the lives of people whom ruin themselves by choice.
This is offtopic but the "it was their choice" is not really fair. It's like with tobbaco, alcohol - it is easy to start, there is pressure (social situation, agressive ads and neons, etc) and you are led to believe you will just try it a bit. But once you are in, it is a bona fide addiction that is extremely hard to break, because the money you blew also tends to kill all your social realtions and you end up a wreck with nowhore to go and no way to live normally.

Where I live, gambling addiction is one of the most common things treated in specialized medical stations, just as alcoholism and hard drugs. It's a terrible trap and the people do deserve sympathy, IMHO.

End of offtopic.
>>
What a great time it is to be a Nanoha fan.
>>
File: drw23Li.jpg (428KB, 1500x1065px)
drw23Li.jpg
428KB, 1500x1065px
>>2118404
Has there been any new information out about Vivid Strike, since its announcement, yet?
>>
>>2118407
Nope

I don't think Comiket has had any announcements, either.

I browsed the CM90 releases for anything Nanoha related, and then searched for 7arcs announcements on their site. CM90 brings up the usual slew of fat, faceless pig rape doujins
>>
>>2118426
-So it's nothing to worry about yet.

Sorry, post was cut off.
>>
>>2118426
There were some yuri doujins. Scans never of coursr.
>>
File: 1464853599955.jpg (240KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
1464853599955.jpg
240KB, 600x839px
>>2118426
>CM90 brings up the usual slew of fat, faceless pig rape doujins
I remember at least a handful of good looking NanoFate doujin previews for this next comiket, probably there is more.
>>
>>2118430
And at least two ViviAin.
>>
File: Vivio.png (394KB, 574x574px) Image search: [Google]
Vivio.png
394KB, 574x574px
>>2118431
>>
File: Einhart.png (431KB, 555x553px)
Einhart.png
431KB, 555x553px
>>
>>2118429
If I had known it was this weekend, I would almost be desperate enough to book a vacation to Japan just to attend.
>>
>>2118435
>>2118437
best friends bathe together
>>
>>2118426
Wasn't Vivid Strike supposed to air this fall?
>>
>>2118497
I saw October somewhere. Unless it was internet bullshit.
>>
>>2118498
Air date is listed on the official website:
http://vivid-strike.com/
>>
>>2118435
>>2118437
These two need to get a room.
>>
>>2118559
>thou shalt not be afraid I am with you
I am afraid
I am very afraid
>>
File: 11.png (140KB, 644x910px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
140KB, 644x910px
>>2118559
>Inori
>Ogura
Jesus fucking christ.

There's two months until release and they barely advertise it?
>>
>>2118593
Too bloody young (10, 12). I'd say it needs at least 4 years timeskip.
>>
>>2118800
How much you want to best that is going to happen?

And I still call that a little TOO young.
>>
>>2118800
Vivio's mamas started when they were 9 or 10, 12 years is almost too old.
>>
>>2118910
Yeah, that figure would have Vivio be just 14, which is pretty much a bloody kiddo. I adjusted the more sane 16-17 (let's say) towards the state of the manga standards where everyone is highschool at best.
>>
>>2118913
That picture didn't become much clear until StrikerS... And the movies... state-sanctioned retellings with the two of them as consultants, which embellishes and cover-up (particularly in The Second) some of the details.
Did they start then, more than likely... did they have an idea what that meant? At 9, HELL NO.
>>
File: 1450620597297.jpg (275KB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1450620597297.jpg
275KB, 1129x1600px
>>2118922
>Did they start then, more than likely... did they have an idea what that meant? At 9, HELL NO.
I'm sure Vivio at her age knows enough about the birds and the birds.
>>
>>2118975
Doesn't mean she is prepared to bird or wants to. Given how kids sometimes are, it might even drive away interest.
>>
>>2118975
True that is a subject that is going to be broached at some point, hard not to with the perverted family friend Hayate around.
>>
>>2119096
I think you underestimate Vivio, she has Nanoha blood; after all.
>>
File: This is the fist.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
This is the fist.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
>>2119225
Very friendly. Learn to not tell people you want to see them dead, as a start. That's the least thing you could do.

>Read all deleted posts in the thread here.
God riddance, ignored with pleasure.
>>
>>2118922
I think Vivio is more than capable of making that distinction. Or at least doing the Nanoha thing and cuddling while holding hands in a completely-best-friends way.
>>
>>2119247
Be sure to report him and not respond. Not responding pisses him off, because he works hard to type out all his bait by hand and not using copy+pastes like a sane person would have done long ago.
>>
>>2119247
That fist is too big, Einhart.
>>
>>2119248
Pretty sure Vivio was adopted when NanoFate were way past that point.
>>
>>2119255
Which is why she needs to start cuddling young.
>>
>>2119255
>>2119259
Maybe she got her references from the Nanoha Movies, so she knows exactly how to correctly hold hands and hug her future wife.
>>
>>2118800
They already have adult mode remember? It's likely they are very aware of sexual concepts by then and Vivio sorta promised not to abuse that ability early in the series.
>>
You're all forgetting that she and Einhart have the memories of adults. There is no way they don't know about sex.
>>
>>2119272
>Einhart has only memories of het sex
And that's why Vivio is always taking the lead.
>>
>>2119274
Would Olivie would have het memories?
>>
>>2119279
I don't think she was straight.
>>
>>2119272
Vivio doesn't have the memories. At some point it was shown she has some sorts of deja-vus (during the tournament), but that was it - for now at least.
>>
File: ViVid54 19.jpg (867KB, 1490x2126px) Image search: [Google]
ViVid54 19.jpg
867KB, 1490x2126px
>>2119280
She was looking on when Wilfried was bathing. Now the question is if she did because she was straight and didn't find it wrong to oggle, or she was there to oggle actually.
>>
File: ViVid54 20.jpg (789KB, 1485x2117px)
ViVid54 20.jpg
789KB, 1485x2117px
>>
File: ViVid 55 19.jpg (760KB, 1471x2115px) Image search: [Google]
ViVid 55 19.jpg
760KB, 1471x2115px
>>2119279
It's memories of swinging towards girls, so all is fine.
>>
File: 07.jpg (380KB, 1045x1500px)
07.jpg
380KB, 1045x1500px
Hmm, I just noticed there are now doujins on e-hentai, for example this: http://g.e-hentai.org/g/963942/c9928cee73/
>>
>>2119298
It's not so new, this was translated on 2008.
>>
>>2119308
I see. There is lots of them, I didn't see it yet (like majority of them).
>>
>>2119289
>>2119287
>>2119286
Was ancient Belka just walking around with your naked girlfriends all the time?
>>
>>2119261
Anyone has the holding hands compilation from the second movie?
>>
>>2119546
No. It was undoubtedly the land of mass destruction and mayhem, as you can see.
>>
>>2119617
Waifuwars are serious business
>>
>>2119617
It's Belka.... not much of a shock.
>>
File: rage.gif (680KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
rage.gif
680KB, 400x225px
>you remember to check nyaa for Vivid vol16 raws, after a month or so since last peek
>put vivid into search bar, expecting to again only see stuff by Vivid Fansubs
>HELL, a manga result on top!!!!
>it is volume 15 again.
>>
>>2119287
>>2119289
>>2119286
And people think Olivie was pure.
>>
>>2119721
>Belka collapsed because all the men fought each other into the ground while all the women had taken each other.
>>
>>2119872
Ha, in your ultra-feminism day dream.

Belka burned itself out on war from what Nanoha tells up about the culture. Which isn't much.
>>
>>2119872
>>2119893
Wasn't Olivie the one who burned Belka to the ground?
The only man we saw fight was Claus and he got Yamcha'd by Olive as well
>>
>>2119893
Great yuri war which erupted from the love of watching best friends bathe
>>
>>2119893
>Belka burned itself out on war from what Nanoha tells up about the culture. Which isn't much.
You're being brainwashed, that's nothing more than an altered version of the story that is preached now by the saint church. They're just trying to hide a frightening past, one in which lesbianism, that is their norm now, brought down the entire Belkan kingdom where women didn't have access to iPS cells reproduction or a similar technology yet, and men were busy being irrelevant. Nanoha sure has a deep and tragic lore.
>>
So is the Saint Church evil? If there's a church, and it's not evil, that would actually be kind of original for an anime.
>>
>>2119848
She was pure, she practiced the purest form of love.
>>
>>2120790
NTR?
>>
>>2120996
No, anal.
>>
>>2120245
It's certainly less evil than the TSAB is.
>>
TSAB evil? Anon, Midchilda is one of the fluffiest SF settings there are. You couldn't make it much more peaceful without turning Nanoha into Aria.

Sure the narrative will try to make some drama for plot sake, but you can see how the author wants to write a happy-place word on every step.
>>
>>2121827
Kind faires ex teen-moms being star cruiser admirals, personnel happily marrying, perps like Volkenritter and Fate happily adopted into the good guy side - sometimes even literally adopted.
>>
I still can't believe we are actually getting Vivid Strike. As far as I know, beside initial announcement only Nana Mizuki's weekly radio mentioned it's existence until now.
>>
File: 11660529_p0.jpg (757KB, 1500x2130px)
11660529_p0.jpg
757KB, 1500x2130px
>>
>>2122165
Maybe 7arcs doesn't have a lot of faith in it.

King Records and their lacky, Nana, is obliged to mention it, because it's being funded by them. But 7arcs makes the promos, so if they don't do anything then King Records won't.
>>
>>2121829
>Nun half-boob

why?
>>
>>2121827
It being so fluffy is why it's fuel for speculation on how they keep it fluffy.

Conspiracies abound.
>>
>>2122867
The thing is, it's not even Nana that mentioned the show. It was her co-host, Corona's VA, Misato Fukuen. Nana isn't even on the show.
>>
New chapter of Innocents:

http://aritedrop.blogspot.de/2016/08/nanoha-innocents-chapter-7.html
>>
File: 10052962223.png (248KB, 896x504px)
10052962223.png
248KB, 896x504px
>>2121827
TSAB is literally ruled by a high council of three brains in jars which undertook and approved shady shit such as Project Fate, artificial mages and infinite desire.

If Force hadn't gone on hiatus, we'd probably learn that the TSAB created the eclipse virus.
>>
>>2123119
>part of TSAB
That is the important thing.
>>
>>2123119
It's not entirely sure if that's TSAB itself or an illuminati-like overclass that rules over them, is the thing.

Theoretically, TSAB is entirely democratic. But as we can tell, they have other things pulling at their strings.

>TSAB created the eclipse virus

Or just Hades himself.
>>
Don't make me go back to /a/. The combination of summer and Bleach spam is too much.
>>
>>2123254
It's okay, you can stay here now.
>>
File: 030.png (2MB, 1129x1600px)
030.png
2MB, 1129x1600px
>>2123014
Is Doctor's endgame to do the forbidden and make all the lolis in Innocent grow up? How sly!
I approve.
>>
>>2123143
The problem is that those jars are Very high on the totem pole, rank-and-file officers don't really interact with them much despite leading the thing. And their far from nice. If anything Jail has done the organization a flavor by killing them.
Then there is the case of Admiral Graham, an official with enough resources to almost superseded a TSAB investigation as it happened... whom was only caught by Chorno noticing something odd with the whole thing. Had he overlooked what was doing on, Graham would have never been noticed.

Fluffy setting, no... something is wrong in Midchilda once you pull back to the curtain. The question as always been wondering if there is something more to it, or that this hand-biting exercises are more random in scope.

>>2123241
You know, after the StrikerS mess... I would not be shock to find Hades working for the TSAB in the eclipse virus creation. My only question, if that is the case, is what would be the point of that?
>>
>>2123334
>My only question, if that is the case, is what would be the point of that?

I would think a virus that makes the user immune to most forms of magic and gives them superpowers would have some military application.
>>
>>2123334
>what would be the point of that?
Because it is kool and edgy
>>
>>2123366
My guess... it's not to protect themselves for other worlds. More likely to protect the brass from the rest of the TSAB, which has been suspecting for a while now that something is amiss. Jail, rather conveniently, left a rather large power vacuum in his wake... hard to stay unseen without any leadership.

There is also the fact that Section 6 happens to have concentrated a lot of power with it's personal. I mean, when you consider... two products of project fate, two mages with the highest offence spells on Midchilda record, two prototype Combat Cyborgs, A summoner to a Deity-like figure, A mage with the high realized potential on record and her guardians with eons worth of combat experience.... you start hoping that they work for you and worry when they don't.

>>2123413
Um... No.
>>
>>2123421
The conspiracy is ran by a crazy otaku that hates Nanoha and Fate's adult bodies after they grew up. The eclipse is a device to capture them and Hayate and forcefully turn them back to lolis (Stella of Huckebeins is the first experimental result that worked). That is the true purpose of the virus, all the other effects are unrefined form and partial failures.

I know this because my mother drinks with Higa Yukari.
>>
>>2123462
Um... No. Just No. That is a bad fan fic in the making.
>>
>>2123468
I thought that is author taking revenge on people that bashed his previous work (StrikerS). Bonus points if the "mastermind" ends up really disgusting and gets killed in a nasty way.
>>
>>2123421
There's bound to be other mages on Midchilda with powers comparable to those of NFH, just look at Zest for example.
>>
New thread?
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.