[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/u/ meets /lit/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 14

File: 20110831_2021822.jpg (168KB, 684x800px) Image search: [Google]
20110831_2021822.jpg
168KB, 684x800px
Previous thread >>1909415

Check the archive for more threads.
Discuss, request, and recommend /u/ related /lit/ works.

Please search on google, archive or torrent sites before making a request.
On kat.cr search for "FF" and click on the books section.
>>
Those scenes in A Song of Ice and Fire when Cersei fingers whats-her-face, or that scene when Daenerys fingers whats-her-face. Those were great.
>>
I'm reading the first in the Agape trilogy, Hesed, damn this stuff is great. Love the chemistry between the protagonists, also the theme of church and all is pretty well done, quite surprised the low amount of works that use it.

Does anyone know where to find the third book? I managed to find the second one but the third one seems to have vanished from the internet.
>>
>>1939017
Apparently some guy read the Cersei scene with some saxophone playing in the background. I laughed.
>>1939032
I really enjoyed those books, especially as a lesbian who grew up in the Christian church.
http://www.bellabooks.com/9780981589527e-prod.html
>>
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/WCjiQWmy/file.html
>>
>>1939017
>Cersei fingers whats-her-face
What's this?
>>
>>1939221
That was cute, thanks.
>>
>>1939231

Some Lady or other, a minor character she's sleeping with for a while. I can't remember if she was spying on Cersei or something, but I think Cersei was just horny as usual. There's a rather creepy scene where she imagines herself as Robert while they do it, if I recall.
>>
File: 784453_365qc.jpg (275KB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
784453_365qc.jpg
275KB, 700x438px
Anyone else read 宫倾 by 明也? I just read it in Vietnamese and wow what a rollercoaster.

It's about a young beautiful girl (the daughter of the sister to the emperor) falling in love with the empress. Since she's was six years old and by happenstance saw her lonely in a simple white clothed court robe playing the flute she had been mesmerized by her and since then began to plan seducing her heart.

I would be willing to translate a few chapters of the beginning in case anyone is interested. But not sure I'd be able to do it all since I know my translating skills is very bad and would be filled it notes.
>>
>>1939358
I don't think Cersei was horny, although that's definitely what the other woman (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Taena_of_Myr) thought was going on. It was more of a control thing for her.

It's a pretty fucked up scene, actually. Cersei's thoughts while fingering her are less yuri and more guro.

>Taena is asleep when she returns. She decides to play with the other woman's breasts, which awakens Taena, who seems to like the attention. She twists Taena's nipples until they hurt, but when Taena protests, Cersei blames the wine. Taena is aroused, and Cersei pleasures her, but gets no joy out of it herself. When Taena tries to return the favor, Cersei rolls out of bed and decides to pretend it never happened.
(Summary from the towerofthehand website)
>>
>>1939707
what's the point of translating just a few chapters if you can't translate all of it?
>>
>>1939713
So that it would get more popular and someone more qualified would take over it. I guess I could do it all but the quality wouldn't be so great at all.
>>
>>1939707
Lol I have read the original Chinese story. It's rather long and angsty, and one of the author's best works.

The author has another story that I like better though. It's called 愿者上钩 (Yuan Zhe Shang Gou) and is about a 24 year-old woman who falls for the wife of the man with whom she is committing adultery. It's light-hearted and comedic and very enjoyable to read.
>>
>>1939743

Any other Chinese stories that you would like to recommend? I'm starting on the 受受相亲(女人不坏) right now. I kind of like the kind of pampered and princess like attitude the author writes.
>>
>>1939752
Yep I've read 受受相亲 too but IMHO it doesn't compare to 宫倾 or 愿者上钩.

Far and away the most popular online Chinese yuri story is 探虚陵 (Tan Xu Ling) by 君sola. It's well-known for the good writing and plotline. From what I've read of it the romance is rather slow-burning romance. It's also very very long, which is the main reason I haven't finished it yet. The story starts out in ancient times, but there's a sequel set in modern times (which is still ongoing).
>>
>>1939707
Please do, I quite like that setting.
>>
omg, you guys didn't mention the good one yet... there's one called 囚心(gl) where the main character's ship sailed into a foreign country and the queen (?) there fell in love with her and refuse to let her leave... and another called 爱殇 where the main character is a undercover police officer working in the mafia to get evidence of their crime while the other character is the daughter of the crime boss. Both have good writing and quite angst.
If anyone are planning to translate these stories, good luck, because most are around a hundred chapters.
>>
Well damn, I need to learn more languages
>>
>>1940128
Ooo, I've seen those stories before but haven't read them. Now that I'm older I tend to avoid angsty stories heh.

There's another good one I've read where one of the main characters is a police officer: 斑马线 by 易白首. It's a love story between the heiress to a conglomerate and the police officer tasked to guard her. By the end of the story they even have a daughter ^^
>>
Requesting a journey to west like book with lesbians again.
>>
>>1939032
Here you go:
Maytee Aspuro Y Gonzalez - Emet
http://www80.zippyshare.com/v/JZdku66V/file.html
>>
File: 15824257.jpg (35KB, 318x442px) Image search: [Google]
15824257.jpg
35KB, 318x442px
So I finished Hell's Belle, but was unimpressed. Felt like it was jumping around too much, with pretty good moments interspersed with boring ones. The romance also wasn't well written - too little, too fast.
Is the sequel any better? The preview at the end of HB wasn't too enticing.
>>
>>1940892
The story gets more involved but it ends on a slight cliffhanger. If you didn't like the first book then I don't know if you'd like the sequel but I thought it was worth it.
>>
Any good xmas-themed stories?
>>
Lentzski has a new book out, sequel to Don't Call Me a Hero. It's my favorite of hers despite it being a blatant Once Upon aTime fanfic. Nice to read about characters who work out their relationship troubles and communicate like adults.
>>
Hey, does anyone have new Cari Hunter book-Cold to the Touch?
>>
Can anyone recommend a book in which the MCs meet, but for some reason (no hetshit please) have to separate and they meet again a few years later?
>>
Any books that have lesbian superheroes as main characters. .
Actually come to think what do you guys think of Spinnerette graphic novels?
>>
>>1941884
Hm... If you mean separate non-romantically, I think Robbi McCoy's Melt works for that. It's been a while since I've read it. There's also How Sweet It Is (Melissa Brayden). Uh, Robin Alexander's Always Alex.

Come to think of it, one anon last thread asked for a book in which a submissive/innocent character has a dramatic change in behavior, potentially related to sexual situations. If that anon is around, try Fingersmith (Sarah Waters). I didn't read it, but I watched the miniseries. From what I recall, it may match your request.

>>1941899
I honestly couldn't get past the art style.
>superheroes
None that I know of. There are so powerful characters, like in the Princess series by Jim Hines and the Elite Ops (which I don't recommend in general). The protagonists of Whatever Gods May Be and Miles to Go are amazing. If you mean superheroes like Batman, I got nothing.

Just FYI, there's another Devil book (K Simpson) listed on goodreads but no publication date. I hope that comes out at some point; that series was fun as shit.
>>
>>1941884
Waiting in the Wings by Melissa Brayden
>>
http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/yeA7p7SA/file.html
>>
>>1942740
>Just FYI, there's another Devil book (K Simpson) listed on goodreads but no publication date. I hope that comes out at some point; that series was fun as shit.
Oh shit, really? Those were my first reads in the lesbian fiction world. They did kind of trail off a bit in quality near the end, or maybe I was just losing my tolerance for the zany humor. But another would be welcomed.
>>
>>1941899
There's "Truth Behind The Mask" by Lesley Davis, with whole families of (in my opinion very, very failed) Batman-esque superheroes. Its not all that, but an OK read I guess and if you're looking for that genre in particular you might not find much to choose from.
>>
Anyone read Rusty Logic by Robin Alexander? I'm looking for something lighthearted but I've read most of her previous works and find they tend to be a hit or a miss.
>>
>>1943912
I liked it, but I like all of her stuff. It's pretty lighthearted with a bit more plot than her usual. Not much plot, mind you.
>>
Does anyone have Crossed by Meredith Doench?
>>
Does anyone have spirit of the dance by Mardi Alexander? thanks!
>>
>>1942962
You know those books that, as you're reading them, you hope more and more it will all go to hell and you'll get a lot of satisfaction of it not having a happy end? This is one of them.
I can't force myself to like the mc because she just keeps digging herself into an increasingly deeper hole and I'm just waiting for it to collapse.
>>
I really can't find this book but does anyone have just girls by rachel gold? one of the girls is a tranny but I really wanna read it
>>
Anyone has Small Towns series by Iza Moreau? I only found first book in the series and really liked it.
>>
>>1944745
>>1942962
Wait wait waait.
That's not the post I wanted to respond to - the book I read was "All I Want for Christmas"
>>
>>1944975
It's good just not lesbian fiction. Protagonist gets together with her boyfriend; can't remember if they talk about their hetsex. Good but disappointing.
>>
>>1941162
Just read Don't Call Me a Hero, and boy, that was maybe the most thinly veiled fanfiction ever. Not bad (and really hot sex scenes from Lentzki, as usual), so I'll probably give the sequel a read.
>>
>>1945871
I'm not sure if I want to get into that after that Glee fanfic of hers.
>>
Does anyone here have Taking Flight by Siera Maley?
>>
>>1945871
If you like it, read the sequel. Kinda sad about the ff nature because I honestly enjoyed the story and actual plot. Much better than anything else she's written.
>>
>>1945993
http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/TYL1dVVP/file.html

Here, have fun.
>>
>>1946517
That was quick, thanks anon!
>>
Just read the Bureau of Holiday Affairs (Andi Marquette). Very good, much recommended.
>>
Finished At Seventeen by Gerri Hill and I'm surprised by how much I've enjoyed the book despite the narrative, well, I actually think it was the narrative that I found so captivating. Any other books you can recommend from her? Something real angsty but equally as fluffy. Or just any book in general? I felt like I've ran out of decent books to read (to my choosy criteria) so this was a nice surprise.
>>
I just finished reading Engravings of Wraith by Kiera Dellacroix. I really liked an now I wanted to read something with some type of action (including romance).

Someone know some book of action-romance where the protagonist is the best at her work? (can be at past or future time)

I know that I looking is more seen in Mangas but I prefer books.
>>
>>1947405
Start with Icehole and Fractured Tapestry by the same author if you haven't already. Engravings of Wraith is one of the best and I haven't found anything quite like it, but for some other action-romance with protagonists who excel in their field try:
Supreme Constellations (series) by Gun Brooke
Exodus (series) by Gun Brooke
Rebeccah and the Highwayman by Barbara Davies
Daughter of Mystery by Heather Rose Jones
Divine Touched by Cassandra Duffy
Sword of the Guardian by Merry Shannon
Hell's Belle by Marie Castle
>>
>>1947405
Whatever Gods May Be features a very skilled sniper as the protagonist.
>>
I don't usually do this, but does anyone have the ebook for State of Denial (Andi Marquette)? I don't buy physical books anymore, and it looks like the kindle version is no longer on amazon.
>>
>>1946067
Read it, though it didn't really feel like a sequel. More like an extended epilogue or something. Nothing happened.
>>
>>1947402
Apart from At Seventeen, I really enjoyed Love Waits and Snow Falls.
>>
>find a short story about a female knight rescuing a princess from the tower
>it's thinly veiled asexuality 101
Do these motherfuckers have no shame?
>>
Does anyone have Gun Brooke's Protector of the Realm that's nicely formatted? I believe the torrent lacks scene breaks and emphases and it's needlessly harder to enjoy because of it.
>>
>>1948325
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/CjC4zOuU/file.html
Is this nice enough for ya?
>>
>attempting to write harry potter universe lezfic
anyone know if closeted muggle-borns are a worn out af trope?
>>
>>1948879
Thanks, but it's the same as the one in the torrent.
>>
Drained: The Lucid by Blaisdell (Lentzski) was pretty good. Don't know when the second book's gonna finally come out. Does anyone has the first one
>>
>>1949044
http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/v4dIswhH/file.html

Anyone have Maggie Cummings - Totally Worth It?
>>
>>1949044
>>1948902
That was a good read, but talk about a kick in the nuts ending, albeit expected . A little closure would have been nice. A little as in an iota, a teenie bit, SOMETHING.
>>
Are there any good traditional high fantasy novels with /u/-content? You know, like dragons and dwarves and shit.
>>
>>1948879
This was so much better than I expected.
>>
>>1950460
The rest of the series is great too, it made Gun Brooke one of my absolute favorites.
>>
>>1950481
I'm already on book 2. Blush Factor was also nice enough, with relationship handled in a pretty good way.
>>
>>1950481
Do you happen to have that 3 story compilation book? I know I've read it before, but now it's gone. No idea where I put it.
>>
Emily O’Beirne - A Story of Now

I will just say read it and the synopsis does not give the book justice. It's really really good.
>>
Does anyone have a copy of A Sum of These Things by Emily O'Beirne? I really enjoyed A Story of Now and I'm excited to read the sequel. Hope someone will post it here. Thanks in advanced anons
>>
>>1941884
The Miseducation of Cameron Post

>>1947503
Thanks senpai

>>1947405
Anything by Malinda Lo, I prefer the Adaptations series
>>
I was just rereading Broken Wings (LJ Baker), and I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what Rye's wings look like. Each individual description doesn't seem to mesh with the following one. So, any takers? In particular, is there one long support (like a single finger of a bat's wing) or several (think normal bat wings) or several segments (like dragon fly wings)?
>>
>>1950982
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/ZYthKMWy/file.html
>>
>>1951522
Butterfly wings. She's a fairy, remember?
>>
>>1951551
Thank you so much, kind Anon!!!! :)
>>
>>1951522
Always thought of it as a badly bent dragonfly wings
>>
>>1950799
>>1950982
I've just read the first chapter "A story of Now" and I can already tell it's going to be a good one. The premise sounds really mundane but the writing is exceptionally good. I have high hopes that the author will squeeze out something really unique out of this.
>>
>>1949633
divine touched by cassandra duffy
>>
>>1953152
People here said it was more or less fluffy, but it seemed to head for some drama in the early chapters. Just curious, since I'm in a fluff mood (not the anon you quoted), does it get bad?
>>
>>1953156
The first book is rewarding despite some flaws 3rd party interference in the main couple was the worst of it for me, there is minor drama but it wasn't too heavy. It has its fluffy moments and overall is worth it. I would skip the second book entirely since it is more dramatic love triangles, emotional cheating, less upbeat tone in general, unrewarding cliffhanger ending separating the couple for a long time and in general made my memories of the 1st book less enjoyable.
>>
>>1953163
Appreciated.
>>
>>1951920
Read a couple of pages. looks like something I could like. Unfortunately it has to wait until I finish a series I'm reading.
Anyone got a chance to check out Chasing a Brighter Blue yet?
>>
>>1950799
Just finished reading this and I loved it. It's definitely in my "To read again" now.
You were right about the synopsis, I found it on Amazon and thought "meh, it sounds like the typical YA novel where the young straight protagonist falls in love with the cute girl that she meets in collere/highschool and starts doubting her sexuality but it was so much more than that. The chemistry between them was off the charts.
Thank you to whoever shared the sequel!
>>
Anyone read The Last Huntress books? I don't know if it's /u/ but the author has plenty of /u/ fanfics, and the tags on goodreads don't say anything.

If anyone has them it would be nice as well.
>>
>>1954689
Forgot to add the author. L. G. Estrella.
>>
File: nova cover.jpg (52KB, 313x499px) Image search: [Google]
nova cover.jpg
52KB, 313x499px
I ended up reading this since I love military scifi but books with female protagonists (much less gay ones) are not overly common.

It was decent enough for a first book. Could have maybe used another pass by a editor, and IMO the military stuff was corny and not well done, simply throwing around gun names and "Oh captain, I've increased your pistol's accuracy by point five percent." And the characters always just happened to have the perfect grenade launcher or gun for each situation.

And it's transparently derivative of Mass Effect. Biotic style powers, main character is a super-decorated sue leading a multicultural team of space-UN commandos fighting for peace, almost entirely female race of long-lived sexy aliens with psychic powers and blue face markings. Not a strike against it but I was just reading it and kept going "haha this is like Mass Effect."

But the original stuff coming through was more interesting, and I found the action and character interactions good (but kinda stiff), so I'm hoping the author will be able to build off of this for the sequel.
>>
Anybody has Samantha Sablan's The Dragon's War: The Chronicles of Arianthem VII?
>>
I have a "lesbianliterature" wikia in my bookmarks and it seems gone. What the hell hapened to it? I think I remember useful recs from it.
>>
>>1955471
Search for it on archive.org.
>>
Has anyone else noticed that quite few authors are leaving Boldstrokes for Ylva or independent publishing? I wonder why.

It seems Boldstrokes is sinking and Ylva is rising as the best lesfic publishers.
>>
>>1955978
>Ylva
>can buy directly from them
>can pay with paypal, because fuck CC
Whoa.
>>
>>1955978
Bella has always had more quality authors than boldstrokes. They also offer books from several different publishers on their website. Hence I don't think Boldstrokes has ever been the best lesbian fiction publisher.
>>
>>1954766
Uncanny valley
>>
>>1954766

So the romance, assuming there is any because you are posting it here, is between the main character and an alien?
>>
Dunno if anyone cares, but I did see the book mentioned a couple of times in previous threads. The first book of the Dragonoak series is free on Amazon right now.
>>
Does anyone have Sanctuary by Lynne Norris?

And has anyone read it? Is it any good as the last two books of the series?
I just went through my pdf files and had reread Second Chances and The Road to Home. Got hooked again and was searching if there was any continuation. Was pleasantly surprise to find there's another book, just can't find it yet online.
Would truly appreciate some reviews and a link to the book. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1956455
I saw the author mention that on her ao3..
>>
>>1956436
Just a bit too much manly chin and a little skewed perspective is all. Otherwise fine.
>>
Hey, anyone has facing evil by cl hart?
>>
>>1956798

Those shadings make her look super old. Like in her 40's.
>>
>>1956438
There's a love triangle between her, the alien and a human member of her team.
>>
>>1957021
>love triangle
Oh damn.
Anything with a human/alien without distractions?
>>
Does anyone have book 3 of the dynasty saga by sam ryan? Please share. Thanks
>>
www. mda. ph/ short_stories/ a_tale_of_two_witches/ index. html (remove the spaces—4chan thinks it's spam)

One of my favorite short stories. The gayness is subtle but it's more than just implied.

Also, does anyone else like reading the letters between Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-West?
>>
>>1956455

Started reading this and it's pretty cool, thank /u/
>>
Does anyone have Learning to Love Again by A.K. Rose?
>>
Are there any fresh Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi with human/non-human interaction? I think I've read most of the Urban Fantasies posted here but was curious if there were any new ones.

I'm especially interested in stories like the fiction-press story, Strangers Together where a human princess recluse is sold off to a Elven City/Country to make peace. Incredible world building and character development for a story on fictionpress, a few patches here and there but good over all.
>>
>>1958726
>Strangers Together
Shame it's dead though.
>>
>>1958762
The Author lurks on /u/. I asked maybe three, four months ago about it in ether one of these lit threads or the fan-fiction thread and they said that they're probably going to come back to it eventually. Before that, maybe a year before that post they said that real life got in the way.
>>
>>1958824
That'd be awesome. It's always sad when a really good story is abandoned. Hopefully everything is fine and it gets completed soon.
>>
I've just read Red Files by Lee Winter and I got to say-it is the best frenemies book I've read so far. And so much more than just that. To think that I almost didn't read it because of synopsis which didn't sound appealing to me at all.
>>
>>1959017
Sorry, not frenemies but enemies to lovers
>>
>>1950799
This was pretty good. Thanks anon.

>>1959017
>Red Files by Lee Winter
I'll check this one next.
>>
>>1954766
Is the Kindle version the only one available in digital format? I wanted to give it a try because I have the urge of an adventure/scifi FF novel (well, to be honest, I can barely enjoy a game, comic/manga or book if there is not yuri in there for years) but I have a Sony Reader and it is a pain.

From what I have been reading, I enjoyed a lot Ice (except the last chapter, I do not need to know everything IMO) and Icehole (the exact definition of my guilty pleasure). I also read some novels of the Elite Operative series but they usually end up too focused on the romance part instead of a right balance, although I liked them.
Also, I found very interesting the novel of this girl who works at a sewage treatment plant and the other novel from the same author (I can't remember the names, sorry). They were weird as hell (the author spent so much time on giving details of how the water filter works that it is even scaring) but unique at the same time.
>>
>>1959367
>sewer treatment plant
Slow River (Nicola Griffith)? If that's all you got from the novel, read it again.
>>
>>1959488
Of course not, but you guessed it right so that fact makes the novel quite distinguishable. Do not look too much into it.
>>
>>1959017

I have a question... Is this a Swan Queen fic?
>>
>>1960376
(OP) I really have no idea, I don't follow that show nor fanfic from it, sorry.
>>
>>1960376
Haven't seen the show either, but I've read a few fics. How they're described doesn't match the ladies from OUAT. The MC is brunette with green eyes and the other woman is a redhead with gray eyes. Based on the interactions (and the few Swan Queen fics I've read) it could be one, but I don't think it is.
>>
>>1960453
>>1960514

Thanks. I was asking because the author is a swanqueen fanfic writer.
>>
>>1961281
Do you have a link to her fanfics?
>>
>>1939711
almost everything in that series is fucked up
>>
>>1961772

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4299993/redcharcoal
>>
>>1961772
If you want more Swan Queen here - https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4439610/Velace

30-ish fics.
>>
>>1961957
>>1961990
Thanks
>>
>>1950799
Read it. Loved it. One of the better books I've read in a while. It just flowed so well and the two characters were so cute together. I couldn't put it down. I often get bored with a lot of /u/ novels and tend to stop reading them near the end, so this was a pleasant change. Thanks for sharing! I'm going read The Sum of These Things once I get school related stuff done since I know I'll not want to put it down.
>>
>>1959017
Just finnished it. I love tsundere characters and the enemies to lovers trope and this was great. We need more stories like this.
Thanks for the rec anon.
>>
Some good reads available in audiobook format?
>>
Anyone got Starstruck by Lesley Davis?
>>
File: best_novels.jpg (599KB, 1135x677px) Image search: [Google]
best_novels.jpg
599KB, 1135x677px
If anyone can understand it (I tried, it makes zero sense, but that's just me), supposedly the "best" novel in the world, In Search of Lost Time, contains /u/ all over the place.

There's 3 lesbian sex scenes in the first 400 pages. In fact, one of the main character's wives has affairs with multiple women while the husband is none the wiser.
>>
Just watched Liz in September and now I'm dying to read the play it was based off of. Does anyone have the play "Last Summer at Bluefish Cove"
>>
>>1962024
Well, I read (read: marathoned it over like five hours because I'm apparently incapable of reading books in any other way) it because this made it sound like cute fluff, and I love cute fluff. It isn't cute fluff. It reminds me of Her Name in the Sky without the religious aspect, actually. Here's hoping the sequel has cute dates and enough fluff to stuff a sofa. Though I'm worried it will be parent drama or something.
>>
>>1963365
God damn it, I knew I should have lowered my expectations
>>
>>1959017
Thank you for the rec, that was great. Really one of the better lesbian fiction novels I've read. Fantastic plot--at least for me, but I don't read many mysteries--with great characters. It's going on my rec list.
>>
Does anyone have Deadline: A Sam Perry Mystery by KA Tracy? Thanks
>>
>>1963993
https://userscloud.com/phol0sukx2sk
>>
Anyone have The Dragon's War by Samantha Sabian (the latest part of the Arianthem series)?
>>
I was checking out The Rush by Laura Leigh Abby on Kindle and then I found out that my international credit card was cancelled, so would any of you kind people hook me up with a download link? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
>>
>>1964043
Thanks anon!
>>
>>1959017
I loved this one! Really well written. Any other good enemies to lovers books out there?
>>
>>1964370

Icehole by Kiera Dellacroix
Spectrum by MJ Duncan
Under a Falling Star by Jae
Second Nature and True Nature by Jae
Sheridan's Fate by Gun Brooke
The Trip by Robin Alexander

I'm looking for Valentine's appropriate stories. I can't recall a single book I read with a memorable Valentines scene. Any good ones out there?
>>
Just read both Time It Right and Taking Flight by Siera Maley, pretty good reads on both of them.

I really enjoyed the angst of self-discovery in Time It Right and would recommend that for anyone wanting some of that coming-of-age/sexuality goodness. Though the ending did strike me as a bit odd. Still a decent read, and totally worth it for the first two acts.

I thought that Taking Flight was the better book overall, just had some very interesting characters and pulled me right in. That said, it may have been a bit too easy on them, but it was a fluffy and happy romp in /u/land.

I heartily recommend these books, they're only like $3.00 on Amazon, you filthy scrubs. Support the authors.

That aside, does anyone have any other good highschool setting /u/ books? Particularly where the protagonist is still figuring out their sexuality?
>>
>>1964544
Here's some that I've read:
Her Name in The Sky
Kiss the Morning Star
Dating Sarah Cooper
Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel
A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend
Because of Her
Everything Changes
Frenemy of the People
No One Needs to Know

I recommend A Story of Now and The Sum of These Things. However, the main characters are in college but the story is what you are looking for.
>>
I have just played visual novel Brilliant Shadows and I´d like to ask if there is any book similar to it. You know classical high fantasy that aims to entertain and not make people think.
>>
>>1964370
Adding to the list of the previous anon
The Princess and the Prix by Nell Stark (it was okay)
Now You See Me by S.Y. Thompson
Sanctuary by I. Beacham (loads of annnnnngst)
The Dreamer, Her Angel and the Stars by Linda S. North, Linda North
Parties in Congress by Colette Moody (really funny, recommended)
The Summer of Our Discontent Robin Alexander (a classic in these threads)
>>
>>1964659
The Nell Stark one isn't really an enemies to lovers though.
>>
>>1964659
>The Summer of Our Discontent
This one is pretty great. Summary does not do it justice.
>>
>>1964575
Thanks for the recommendations anon, just picked up Her Name In The Sky on Kindle.
>>
>>1964866
I couldn't stand to read that too much het for my tastes but I feel like I should let you know there is a free continuation from the author to read after you're done:
http://littleoases.tumblr.com/readhnits
>>
>>1964544
Qualities of Light (Mary Moore) - angsty, well-written

I second:
Her Name in the Sky - very angsty but well-written

Do you sense a theme?
>>
>>1964501
>>1964659
Thanks for the recs everyone!
>>
Anybody got some rich girl, poor girl books?
>>
>>1967096
Probably the only book that focuses on class difference in a big way is Broken Wings by LJ Baker. An interesting book for sure, but it might be too depressing, frustrating, or unexpectedly dark depending on what you are looking for. Warning someone about reading something for any lesfic is kind of obvious, isn't it? Anyway, spoiler warning: graphic gang rape

For books that I'd recommend to everyone, although they don't all focus on rich/poor in the same way, but it is there to some degree:
Finding Ashlynn by Zoe Lynn
Accidental Love by B.L Miller
The Blush Factor by Gun Brooke (she mostly writes age gap & wealth gap)
Engravings of Wraith by Kiera Dellacroix
Daughter of Mystery by Heather Rose Jones
Sword of the Guardian by Merry Shannon
Under a Falling Star by Jae
Hidden Truths by Jae
>>
>>1967146
Your spoiler is an exaggeration. Whatever rape occured is in the past and not described in any detail other than its acknowledgement. Lady Knight (same author) is much more disturbing and explicit--appropriately so for the setting. The only other book I endorse from quoted anon's list is Daughter of Mystery and its sequel.
>>
>>1967096
All of these stories features some sort of conflict about class, though that conflict may not be central to the plot.
Seconded: Broken Wings (LJ Baker) and Daughter of Mystery and Mystic Marriage (Heather Rose Jones)

Others:
Car Pool (Karin Kallmaker)
Stepping Stone (Karin Kallmaker)
Just Jorie (Robin Alexander)
Tipping the Velvet (Sara Waters) - one section features this dynamic
Playing with Fuego (KG MacGregor)
Out of Love (KG MacGregor)
Sumter Point (KG MacGregor)
Red Files (Lee Winter) - not a major conflict
Heart Block (Melissa Brayden)
Ready or Not (Melissa Brayden)
>>
Finished Chasing a Brighter Blue by Geri Hill.
Really wanted to like it, but it was pretty mediocre. The first ~40 chapters are characters skirting around each other and doing couple'y things (like watching elk together) over the course of a two week long wedding of the MC's sister, which progresses to them sleeping with each other a couple of times, and I had nothing bad to say about how it came to be. But then they both go home and don't contact each other for 6 months, and when one of them visits the other in the second to last chapter they proceed like no time had passed. Kinda infuriating.
>>
>>1969385
Couldn't make it past the 3rd chapter. Waste of 10 bucks
>>
>>1969436
Same here.
>>
Any worth while or fun age-gap stories?
>>
>>1969635
Everything by Gun Brooke is light fun and I don't think she has written a single couple with less than a 10 year age gap. Plenty of books to pick from.

If nonhuman age gap also counts then Good Enough to Eat by Jae, Hell's Belle and its sequel by Marie Castle.
>>
>>1969635
>age-gap
Well, I went through my library and jotted down titles that I remember having some sort of age-gap. I recommend reading summaries first to decide if you want to read them. Varying quality here.

Mystic Marriage (Heather Rose Jones)
Saving Grace (Jennifer Fulton)
Touchwood (Karin Kallmaker)
Watermark (Karin Kallmaker)
Sumter Point (KG MacGregor)
T-Minus Two (KG MacGregor)
West of Nowhere (KG MacGregor)
Parties in Congress (Collette Moody)
Graceful Waters (BL Miller)
Elite Operative series (at least one of these)
Playing for First (Chris Paynter)
Forty Love (Diana Simmonds)
How Sweet It Is (Melissa Brayden)
Melt (Robbi McCoy)
Winter Jacket (Eliza Lentzski)

If you're interested in fanfiction, Telanu's Devil Wears Prada stuff is all excellent. Truth and Measure is her most well-known fanfiction.
>>
>>1969707
Not OP but from that list I liked
Graceful Waters (BL Miller)
Winter Jacket (Eliza Lentzski)

Especially Parties in congress and Graceful Waters.

>>1969385
>>1969436
>>1969494
Agreed, couldn't get past the annoying MCs.
>>
>>1969801
>Winter Jacket
Is it better than her bully glee fanfic that doesn't make any sense?
>>
>>1969803
No.
>>
>>1969707
>Playing for First (Chris Paynter)

This sounds like OT3. Is it OT3?
>>
>>1972962
No, not OT3. Also not particularly good IMO.

Another to add to that list:
Seasons of Love (Harper Bliss) - just finished it, not horrendous
>>
Does anyone have the Kassandra Lyall Preternatural Investigator Series on ZippyShare?
>>
>>1973164
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/ksGNugxo/file.html
>>
Does anyone have Parties in Congress? I keep seeing it recommended in these threads.
>>
>>1973283
http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/TXQPU1cj/file.html
>>
I've been thinking maybe we should make an image for "/u/ recommended literature" like the ones in the sticky.

What books should be in it?
>>
>>1964043
What the hell is this? It starts out so nice and interesting and then turns into stupid, downer EVERYONE fucked. Goddammit.
>>
>>1973658
Robin Alexander ones
Engravings of Wraith
On the Air
Pegasi and Prefects 1, 1.5, 2
Garoul 1-4
Supreme Constellations 1-4
>>
>>1973727
Yeah it was really disappointing in the end, shame really 'cause the topic and the style were really good.
>>
>>1973761
>On the Air
I'm expecting the best, your list is exactly my taste yet I haven't read this one.
>>
>>1973761
>>1973861
Same. Though I can't find it anywhere to download.
>>
>>1973865
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/3BzR1Juw/file.html
>>
>>1973950
Thank you very much.
>>
>>1973950
thanks.
>>
Can anyone seed the torrent for Fairies and Felicitations? Can't find it nowhere else.
>>
Any stories on kindle about demons witches, necromancesses?
Something with a plot.
Not, they meet and fucked kind of deal.
I'm very fond of the wicked Maleficent stereotype protecting her loved one from behind the shadows.
>>
File: 18168658.jpg (74KB, 297x475px) Image search: [Google]
18168658.jpg
74KB, 297x475px
>>1973950
It's the old version though. I haven't seen the new one anywhere for free.
>>
>>1974023
I'm going to bump this and also give a VERY hesitant recommendation.

Kassandra Lyall Preternatural Investigator
>>1973256

The story has the themes you've requested but it's flimsy and a-typical, average Urban Fantasy.

The story is really corny and cheesy and has smut but also has a story but it's flimsy and had(s) potential if the writer ever wanted to add more to the world building and over all structure of her books. It's loosely based and combined ideals of True Blood, Twilight (Werewolves and Vampires) as well as Fae/Fairies.

SPOILERS but to a degree needed so you know what you're getting yourself into.

As a forewarning the main female protagonist is top tier Mary Sue. She hunts Werewolves, Vampires, and Demons however each book focuses on one of these factions/themes. She also at the end of book three has three "races" in her to a degree; which I would compare to your average fan-fiction writer on Deviant Art Before the events of the first book she becomes a Werewolf, she also is a practitioner of the Goddess Morrigon and in turn gets another transformation, at the half-way point of Book 2 she finds out she's part Fae too

She also has a... sorta "harem" A Vampire Countess, a Vampire Prime who is under the command of the States Countess shes in love with, a werewolf and a fae to a degree.

My biggest problem with the story; with ALL of these types is that for all the show and force of dominance she's suppose to have she really isn't. It's extemely similar to a lot of the stories related to Urban Fantasy and the Fantasy Genre. You get these characters the authors write as strong and independent and constantly tell the reader that they're in control but ultimately they become so far submissive at any point afterwards to contradict this fact is just laughable.
>>
>>1974156
I couldn't fit the last part and probably what you wanted to hear in the first post but I had to rant a bit to let off some steam.

Her Countess would, to a degree be considered Maleficent. In the third book there are a few Witches she mentions; there is also mention of Elves too, as well as Gods and Goddesses from all types of Religions who all apparently are at wits end with each other (this is coming from a tumblr post/blogspot? from the writer a very long time ago). There are undead but they are children they have to kill; they're not completely vampires. There's also mention of Brightwalkers too, Twilight Vamps basically.

A LOT of potential but usually after around two to three chapters there's a chapter of smut or close to smut.
>>
>>1973950
Thank you kindly.
>>1974063
Is there some significant differences in the new version?
>>
>>1973658
This is my list, take it or leave it. I read for good writing, characterization, and an actual plot. Romance and happy endings are not a must. Some of the two lists can be interchanged. Obviously biased by my tastes.

Good in General:
Nicola Griffith
Whatever Gods May Be (Sophia Hagin Kell) and sequel
LJ Baker
Nightshade (Shea Godfrey) and sequel
Miles to Go (Amy Dawson Robertson) and sequel
Agape trilogy (Aspura y Gonazoles)
Sara Waters – I’ve only read Tipping the Velvet but I can vouch for that
Six Directions of Space (Alastair Reynolds) – scifi novella, lesbian protagonist
Grass Widow (Nanci Little) – do NOT read First Resort; Thin Fire is not recommended either.
Forty Love (Diana Simmonds)
Ash (Malinda Lo) – Huntress is also good
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café (Fannie Flagg)
Elemental Logic series (Laurie J Marks)
Qualities of Light (Mary Carroll Moore) – YA novel
Her Name in the Sky (Kelly Quindlen) – YA novel
Daughter of Mystery (Heather Rose Jones); sequel Mystic Marriage also excellent
One Saved to the Sea (Catt Kingsgrave) – novella
Red Files (Lee Winter)

Good for the genre (even if I list only 1 book, I’ll often purchase and enjoy more than that from the author):
Karen Kallmaker
KG MacGregor
For Me and My Gal (Robbi McCoy)
Pitifully Ugly (Robin Alexander) – I like most of her stuff, but this is by the far the best
Jane Fletcher – Shadow of the Knife is the best of hers though it’s rather dark
Cool Side of the Pillow (Gill McKnight); unlikable protags in many stories
Roses and Thorns (Chris Anne Wolfe)
Laughing Down the Moon (Eva Indigo)
Melissa Brayden is rather enjoyable, but her stories suffer from the random final illogical breakup to inflate angst
>>
>>1974199
Probably not, grab the sample from Amazon and compare.
>>
>>1973987
Many thanks to whoever did
>>
>>1973658
for recs, there's always the google doc that nobody ever seems to include in a new thread post...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18e71t0H7v6olXdY9Ig0giUjnhSt1zltLcLSpj3SxRaI/edit
>>
Anyone know of books where one of the MCs is good and the other one was bad (villain-y) and the 'good' is the one who is hitting on/flirting with the 'bad' one? Not the typical evil one seduces good one but the reverse. Or something similar?
>>
How safe is it to torrent? I want to try a few books before buying them but I can't locate them on Amazon. I've never torrented before and I was told it's extremely dangerous. The other sites to buy books from Im not familiar with and Im also not sure if I'll really enjoy the books to begin with
>>
In terms of pages for a story.
Do you think 100 is enough? Or less?
>>
>>1976104
Not unless it's labeled as a novella.
>>
>>1976104
what's your goal here, and what type of pages are we talking about?

the bottom has completely fallen out of the market now, but it used to be that you could sell a story of about 5k words for $2.99 on amazon and do pretty well
>>
File: cryalot_klk.jpg (20KB, 480x245px) Image search: [Google]
cryalot_klk.jpg
20KB, 480x245px
Finished Shadow of the Knife. (pic related)

Why did I not listen to your warnings. Why.
I mean, I liked it, I think it was well written and I could not stop reading until the very end. But the feelings… I hope the rest of the Celaeno series is a bit more light-hearted.
>>
>>1976366
Why did you start with the final book of the series?

In any case, without spoiling too much, the rest of the series is more light-hearted yes, and the third part actually brings some closure to the story in the fifth part.
>>
>>1977347
Because I'm ret… Because I thought this was the first one in chronological order and it caught my attention those darker aspects that were mentioned.
From now on, I will follow the release date order, although I am curious about the third book.

Thank you!
>>
Decent interracial stuff? Doesn't have to be black and white, but preferably not with asian women.
>>
>>1976366
I read them out of order too, anon. Not too hard to figure out the setting. Walls of Westernfort has some darker elements but definitely not like Shadow of the Knife. Dynasty of Rogues is a good light-hearted read with a bit of plot. All of the other books have a happy ending .
>>
>>1977544
If you include Indian with Asian, ignore this rec: Love by the Numbers. Rebecca Weatherspoon writes some interracial but I don't care for her characters' immaturity.
>>
>>1977544
From all the lesbian books Ive read, it's barely ever any interracial stuff and whenever they introduce a black woman who's interested in girls, she always takes the woman the MC left in the trash or dropped off after having sex with them at least once.
>>
Why do all these lesfic authors love to write about characters with dead partners that were the ultimate loves of their lives?? I really hate reading those books. Their possible love interests always end up being second place in the novel. It's just angst that never gets resolved.
>>
File: 1452582780885.png (589KB, 1215x1466px) Image search: [Google]
1452582780885.png
589KB, 1215x1466px
Are there any fresh Urban Fantasy books to read? I feel like I've read all of them in existence but I'm craving more.

I would also love Human and Fae, Elf, and other Magical Creature relationships outside the a-typical ones in the Fantasy Genre. Usually in all of the ones I've read it's Werewolves, Vampires, or Demons but never Fae or Elves outside Goblin Fires and Broken Wings I've read.
>>
>>1978249
If someone is with another person for a long time--decade(s), then that's probably a realistic portrayal of emotional connections. I can't stand reading ones where the dead partner is just a blip on the radar.
>>
>>1978322
Most (if not all) of the ones with dead partners I've read weren't with them for 10+ years but 1 or 2 years. (not the same poster btw)
>>
>>1978322
Most romance novels have some element of 'unrealism' but novels with dead partners always have to treat that part with brutal realism. It's a bummer to read and it defeats the purpose of reading a romance novel. I don't know why that kind of story has to be written at all. I mean is there a demand for it?
>>
>>1978350
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others won't and certainly doesn't mean it shouldn't be written. Just don't read it if it's not to your taste.
>>
>>1978255
What I would love would be some goddess and moral pairing. The only book with that I've read ended up being kind of a disappointment.

As for faeries, there's Bourn's Edge. It starts very promising, and the world is interesting, but the plot turns weak.
>>
https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7876608/FF_-_Ebook_Collection_(1500_EPUB___660_PDF)_Lesbian_Romance_Erot
Found this while browsing TPB. It's a giant collection of over 2000 /u/ epubs and pdfs. Though I should share the wealth. There's hetshit in this garden of lilies though. Beware.
>>
>>1978249
And all these lesfic authors also love to write about lesbians that are not human, about werewolves and vampires, about princesses that fight in wars... I really hate these books so I don't read them and I don't whine about them. If you don't like the first one or the second one or the third one, then maybe you shouldn't read the forth one. It's that simple.
>>
>>1978255
>that pic

how horrifying
>>
>>1979123
>>1978657
So you guys enjoy these kind of novels?
Can you list any such novels that you really enjoyed?
>>
>>1979486
I don't go out of my way to read books with that theme, but two of the better representations:
Watermark (Karin Kallmaker)
>>
Speaking of Jane Fletcher, she has a new book due out in June. It's up on boldstrokes. I'm already excited :)
>>
>>1978676
I don't suppose you or someone else has a download for Borun's Edge?
>>
>>1980382
I'm excited for a new Fletcher novel, but that name...The...Shewstone? That's going to take some getting used to.
>>
Anyone got Qualities of Light by Mary Carroll Moore? Pls cant find a copy in the web
>>
Tempered Steele - M.E Logan anyone?? Found a zippyshare link but it's no longer working. Ive already read 2 of her books. Ive wanted to read this one for a long time. Pls help thanks
>>
>>1979544
>How Sweet It Is
>Molly O’Brien is a sweetheart. Her friends and neighbors all think so. While she enjoys her quiet life running the town bakeshop in Applewood, Illinois, she wonders if there could be more. After losing the love of her life four years prior in a plane crash, Molly thinks she’s ready to navigate the dicey dating waters once again. However, you can’t always pick who your heart latches on to. When Jordan Tuscana, the beautiful younger sister of her lost love, returns to town, Molly finds her interest piqued in a manner she wasn’t prepared for.
Molly had a boyfriend, didn't she?
>>
>>1980683
>Tempered Steele
http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/c572aJj7/file.html
>>
>>1980713

No. She's been with Jordan's sister until she died and never had another rs until Jordan.
>>
Does anyone have Married to Mayhem (Kate Ryan Mysteries Book11) by Kate Sweeney to share?
>>
>>1980718
Huh, that's a pleasant surprise. Normally, the "interest in someone she wouldn't go for" is a codeword for "she's discovering her lesbian feels". I think I'll give this a try, now that I have some free time.

>>1979544
>Watermark (Karin Kallmaker)
Says there it's a sequel to a book where the MC angsts over another girl, so if that girl is dead in the sequel doesn't that make the first book kind of pointless? Or the sequel a cheap attempt to serialize the world? I know I wouldn't read the first book now.
Despite all that, this one sounds interesting too.

Anyone got some quiet, comfy, sappy romances? With some adventure, maybe?
>>
>>1980716
Goodness! Thanks a lot!!
>>
>>1980750
>>Watermark (Karin Kallmaker)
>Says there it's a sequel to a book where the MC angsts over another girl, so if that girl is dead in the sequel doesn't that make the first book kind of pointless? Or the sequel a cheap attempt to serialize the world? I know I wouldn't read the first book now.
>Despite all that, this one sounds interesting too.

Watermark is the second book in the series. The first one (haven't read it) is about MC#1 and her first lover, in the second one MC#1 meets MC#2 while the lover is dying (if that makes any sense). I'm reading Watermark right now (31%) and I'm not really loving it.

>>Anyone got some quiet, comfy, sappy romances? With some adventure, maybe?
Spectrum by M.J.Duncan
Popcorn Love by K.L.Hughes
>>
>>1980750
Watermark is quite angsty just to warn. It isn't a cuddly, feel-good romance at all, but I felt both characters were sympathetic if not likeable through it all.
>>
>>1980440
What's wrong with it? Isn't that pretty much just "The Seeing Stone"?
>>
Meant to post this a while ago. I got Telling Lies Online from Amazon prime. The writing was okay, but the protagonist is deplorable. I couldn't root for her because of how shamelessly she kept lying. There was no moral to that story. Everyone seemed to think the protag was okay despite everything which was insane too.
>>
am i imagining things or is this The Midnight Couch by Jae; http://archiveofourown.org/works/5973316 ?
>>
File: oh my.png (139KB, 1780x680px) Image search: [Google]
oh my.png
139KB, 1780x680px
>>1981596
I think you're spot on.
>>
>>1980981
currently reading it. i'm continuing it because i want to find out how she'll get out of the hole she dug herself in.

>>1981606
from the summary/blurb, i thought it was Midnight Couch inspired, but nope. just blatant plagiarism. damn.
>>
>>1981606
I like how some of the words are different.
>>
>>1981644
Yeah, let's give her and E for Effort
>>
>>1980905
>Popcorn Love by K.L. Hughes
That was very, very sappy/cute and with no drama. Are the other books by her similar? By the end I wanted Macy and Vivian to develop an interested in one another. It would've been pretty fun.
>>
>>1981758
No surprise in the comment section.
Has anyone reported/messaged her yet?

I just noticed that the username has been changed sometime during the last 3 hours.
>>
>>1981794
She already deleted the comment I left barely an hour ago.
>>
>>1981832
Seems like the 'fic' is deleted now.
>>
>>1981866
She's also changed her tumblr name.
>>
>>1978676
>Bourn's Edge
Anyone have a Zippyshare of this at all? Couldn't find it on Kat.
>>
>>1981992
It's in the big torrent, kat search sucks.
>>
>>1980382
Great news, I devoured (I kept reading after Shadow of the Knife) the whole Celaeno series because they were a perfect mix of adventure, strong girls and drama. I probably will read the rest of her books and buy the whole Celaeno series because I loved it. Especially that book with the three spies (it is cliché but one of my favourites one).
>>
>>1982018
There's actually quite a few large FF collections. Do you remember the title?
>>
>>1982039
FF library or something.
>>
Just finished reading Red Files by Lee Winter. Must say it didnt disappoint till the end. Anyone know stories with the same theme: rivals/frenemies?
>>
Does anyone already have Blythe Rippon's newest novel- "Stowe Away"?? If you guys do, would you mind sharing it here? Pretty please
>>
>>1963285
In Search of Lost Time, hell yeah, even with my pleb /lit/ tastes I appreciated the commentary on the fickle nature of memory and existence. I refused to read it out of stubbornness in school and I regret it now. It's cool yo.

More in line with my plebness, I'd like to mention Wake of Vultures by Lila Bowen, who said something along the lines of "I wanted to write a Weird West adventure with a half black, half native, cross-dressing, bisexual heroine..." it was fun, though for me the end was a bit of a letdown, and the main character spends some time in a confused almost-relationship with a dude, but if there is a sequel she's clearly going to go after a foxy shaman lady. I want there to be a sequel and I want Lila Bowen to read up on the survivalist knowledge 'cause I was practically screaming survival tips the whole time I read the book.

The Deed of Paksenarrion is also cool, the /u/ relevant lesbian is butch and evil, but the hero is an awesome lady. It is just a fun fantasy adventure even if the /u/ elements are a very thin film that barely comes up and maybe I shouldn't even have mentioned it here. Paks is still a fuckin' rad lady knight though. My Aunt tells me she ends up doing some dude-elf-magic-king later in the series.The end of the initial trilogy had me hoping she'd be some sort of always-pure-paladin so I could just tighten my goggles and go with it.
>>
>>1980716
>Tempered Steele
Hm, that had the potential to be very good. The writing style was good and the grittiness of the situation was well-described. I didn't like where it went or ended. Because that wasn't an ending. The story stopped about halfway through without any real conclusion. The odd love interest aspect felt kinda shoved in and forced. I was actually shocked when I got the end because it felt like the end of a chapter prior to the climax. Seems like I've read a couple recently that just stop half-way. Just take more damn time to finish your story. Yeah, I'm bitter.
>>
>>1982315
I've only read the initial Paks trilogy, mind refreshing my memory on who the butch and evil lesbian was?
>>
>>1954766
Anyone have Nova on Zippyshare?
>>
>>1982071
Are you saying the ending was a disappointment?
>>
Anyone got Dragonoak: The Sky Beneath The Sun (2nd book) by Sam Farren?
>>
I really love "reverse trap" type of stories.

Sword of the Guardian (Merry Shannon) and Backwards to Oregon (Jae) are exemplars this trope: a mannish woman secretly lives as a man for weird social or personal reasons (not because she's a trans man), and a seemingly hetero lady falls for her thinking she's a man.

Besides those two, I've never found any more novels like this. Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>1984047
>>
Hello, anyone has a copy of Tiana Warner's Ice Massacre? Thanks in advance :D. The torrent posted won't load
>>
>>1969707
>>1969801
>Graceful Waters

What's with so many books having a decent/strong/fun start and then going full logic-AWOL? The writer just HAD to throw in everything bad possible, huh?
>stringing along the same, pointless argument for ages
>suddenly fucking
>still hesitant
>resolved one page later
>suddenly horrible accident
>resolved one page later
>suddenly cancer

The hell?
>>
>>1984312
I never professed it was good. I read it once a long time ago and never picked it up again.
>>
>>1984305
Torrent from kickass loaded for me :*
>>
>>1984305
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/UY0fiBc8/file.html
You are welcome
>>
>>1984305
>>1984591
Looks like it'll be a trilogy and the second book will be coming sometime later this year.
>>
>>1984312
>suddenly cancer
I remember dropping the book when it got to this part
>>
>>1984591
Thanks again, wonderful anon

>>1984598
Really? That'd be great though. I'm actually just checking out if this book is as good as they say. Plus, I love mermaids
>>
>>1984305
That reads like kind of a dumb premise. The "for years and years" killing off their people part. So much so, that they have problems in the village?

Anyhow, is it better than it sounds?
>>
>>1986624
I just finished it. I liked a lot in general and I recommend it since it is a short well-written novel and there are more sequels planned, otherwise the ending would be too rushed.
There are some unique aspects like how mermaids are portrayed. Although I must warn that there is not that much /u/ content in this book (but the sequels look more promising in this regard); for example: many of the girls are going out with guys, have boyfriends or had one once.
Also, some times it felt like they live in an older period of time because of the rudimentary tools they use, but apparently that is not the case. I still find this detail weird, but I guess it is not that strange if the island is (too) remotely situated from the mainland.
>>
>>1986912
I wonder if in the next books the writer will write in a male love interest, or kill off the female love interest, or do both. Excuse my paranoia, the other only book the writer has written was a straight romance. Plus I've read too much fanfics that go to shit. Go ahead, crucify me.
>>
>>1986917
Ugh, she'd better not, I would stop reading the following sequels if she decides to go that route. I mean, your suspicion makes sense given the context of the book but… I want to believe. At least the last sentence of this one gave me hope.
>>
Does anyone have First Fall by Genevieve Fortin? Can't seem to find it elsewhere. Pls share? Thanks!!
>>
What's the name of the book about a former basketball player turned coach for a guy's team. The player's gave her shit at first but eventually warmed up. There's this delusional professor girlfriend she gets but eventually ends up with the assistant of her employer, whom helped her find a house, fix the house, through her cousins.
>>
>>1987701
That sounds bad, why would you want to read it?
>>
>>1987712
No, it's actually sweet. I'm just bad at describing it.
>>
>>1987715
Oh I thought you meant the professor winds up with the assistant, not the MC.
>>
>>1987701
Full court or something like that?
>>
>>1987758
Full Court Pressure by Lynn Galli?
>>
>>1987787
If it's that one, a lot of people didn't like it.
>>
>>1987758
>>1987787
Yeah, that's the one. Thanks!
>>
Does anyone have a copy of all of the Heiresses of Russ books from 2011 to 2015 or any of them that you can share? I can't find it elsewhere
>>
What happened to knol.pw?
>>
>>1988323

Switched domains to ebook.farm
>>
>>1988323

There's another one ebooks.wtf
>>
I just finished reading Fingersmith. Is there anything similar out there in style and time period? Can I expect similar stories from the rest of Sarah Waters' work?
>>
>>1988541
Yep. I really enjoyed Tipping the Velvet. The only other authors that write that well in a time period piece... Well, the only thing that comes to mind is fantasy (Daughter of Mystery).
>>
>>1956455

I just read both of those books over the last three days. I loved them to death although the author kind of lost me when she decided to play a quick game of "identity politics": I was convinced that Ocari (or however you spell that name) was a class of servant or something when the only pronoun that was ever used for them was, uh, them. The same thing with Reis and I kept forgetting somehow that there wasn't two people called Rei.

Also holy shit (being as vague as possible) that bit with the stove early on in the second book. That was fucking brutal. I really got the impression that she wanted to write about the after effects of someone being raped by a person they're close to, the kind of betrayal that entails. Also I've got to give her kudos for exploring that in a way that was totally natural to the plot and (in retrospect) to the characters involved. A lesser author might have just jammed a rape scene in there and called it good. I'm glad she avoided the whole "rape for the sake of drama" thing.

There's at least one more book to come out so there's still time for things to go horribly wrong but I'm really looking forward to it.
>>
Does anyone have a download to NOVA the Mass Effect knock-off for download? I couldn't find anything on the regular places or the larger libraries with huge list of names.
>>
>>1955398
>Anybody has Samantha Sablan's The Dragon's War: The Chronicles of Arianthem VII?

Oh, god, I just read the blurbs for some of those books. Tell me, are they complete heaps of Mary Sue powered schlock like they sound?
>>
>>1989357

Of course you wouldn't, it was only shared on 4chan. Here:

http://www80.zippyshare.com/v/zjDh4PZL/file.html
>>
>>1989416
>Samantha Sablan's The Dragon's War

I read the first book. It was nothing but sex till the end.
>>
>>1989495
>http://www80.zippyshare.com/v/zjDh4PZL/file.html
I love you Anon.
>>
>>1989416
It's Mary Sues across the board, but I find the books amusing enough to read them. Despite my best efforts, I actually like (just) one of the characters, unfortunately though I don't think her story is getting more focus, ever. The story and the characters are not to be taken seriously, even though that was probably not the author's intention, but it saves you from the random "Why?" and "What?"-s you'll have while reading. So far they proved to be a very easy read, and even though I am a very fast reader, I'm sure most others could finish one of the books in an afternoon.

If you're looking for a silly fantasy series with rather explicit sex scenes give the first book(s - I think the quality dropped as the series went on, especially after the third book) a try, but if you can't look past the Mary Sue-ness, an average story and ever declining quality of writing, turn around and don't look back.
>>
File: Little BoWhoa.png (115KB, 261x327px) Image search: [Google]
Little BoWhoa.png
115KB, 261x327px
>>1989495
>>1989920
So I just started reading this and I'm seeing or at least I think I'm seeing a lot of issues for me. Maybe it's because I'm not good at literature or bad at reading but the first few chapters spam rapid amounts of information in a short period of time on top of a dozen or more different races you need to all remember or try to remember for references later on.

The boot-leg Asari bother me the most? It states that their mind powers basically start controlling whoever they're interested in, so even if it's a equal relationship which bootleg Shepard and Liara are having Liara is still having a dramatic influence in her train of thought and ability to the point of a addiction it seems. I don't know if this will be addressed or if the Author feels like this should be natural in her universe and story but it bothers the fuck out of me.

A lot of books I've read on /u/ that involve Sci-Fi, Fantasy or Urban Fantasy introduce these dominate, in control Female leads and the minute their love interest shows up they're puddles to be manipulated and controlled by their lovers in some varying degree. And all that build up to how independent and dominate nature is tossed out the window; there's never a middle part between showing how strong they are and the incinerates of what a relationship involves and instead goes straight to being bent over and fucked, be it physical or metaphorical and one situation or another.

Especially when Bootleg Shepard pretty much was already under Bootleg Liara's little pinky when they first merged and pretty much saved Liara because she was already an addict; it was exactly like what bootleg Samara told her would happen.'

I'm actually surprised BioWare hasn't at least tried to sue this writer. They even have an Omega, a hispanic muscle two-pecs cheese buff and a slew of other characters like bootleg Thane and so forth.
>>
>>1989146
I also read them and they are pretty good, but the second book is pretty dark. Can't spoiler because I'm on phone but the second book is a really great depiction of mental illness.
>>
Just read "when women were warriors" and wow that third book was extremely satisfying. The series is not really fantasy, though the people and places are made up, there are no demons, dragons or wizards. It's a very character development focused series and the MCs development is glorious.
>>
>>1990798
>I'm actually surprised BioWare hasn't at least tried to sue this writer.
I doubt it would be worth their time or money.
>>
Hey, any news on the blind side of version 3? I heard it was coming and that it was supposed to be more suited for sequels but that was a long time ago. Will it be as different as 2 was from 1 and what planned changes do we know? I'm personally hoping for a slight toning down of the comedic elements.
>>
>>1990825
You can sign up for her free newsletter. Her website just says it's coming out "soon".
>>
>>1990843

Don't hold your breath, it's said that forever. Though given how much v2 lost the plot maybe it's for the best.
>>
hello, does anyone have books #2 and #3 from Above and Beyond series by Jody Klaire? I've read the first book, The Empath, and got kinda hooked. Thanks
>>
>>1991126
Could you share book 1? The torrent seems to be down for me
>>
>>1991134
Sure, here you go: http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/9QPXp3M8/file.html
>>
>>1990892
Version 2 was far superior.
>>
>>1991489
Not the guy you're replying to, but V2 had better prose and formatting (goddamn, the e-mails are blissful to read after V1's nonsense), but it disappoints in some areas. It demolishes Julianne's bitchiness and replaces it with nothing, it diminishes her conflict with her parents, it takes timid Karen and fun loving but unsure of herself Leigh and turns them both into infallible, quirky superfriends, aka Adrian, a character that was already there. These ideas weren't particularly well done in the original, but V2 demolishes them instead of improving them.
>>
>>1991509
I don't think we read the same story, anon.
>>
>>1991520

Or maybe other people don't agree with you? There's a reason the second version wasn't released and, unlike the first one, it wasn't because it was unfinished.
>>
>>1991698
The second version was released; not sure what you're talking about on that count. There's opinion, sure, but no one will think Fifty Shades of Gray is literature in fifty years, but The Sun Also Rises will remain in that category. I'm saying you're wrong in every way about your interpretation of characters and "plot", but it isn't worth more argument.
>>
>>1982071
Does anyone have a download link for this?
>>
>>1993391
It's on mobilism and kat
>>
>>1993412
Thanks, found it.
>>
>>1991845

You seem a little slow in addition to your crap taste in blind sides. It doesn't matter what I think, or you think (especially what you think) because there's actual *reasons* for the different versions of the story. The first version was written and released online as Xena uber, people loved it but wanted more because of the (lack of) ending. As with many of the more popular stories book contracts were discussed, but only with a proper ending. The author endeavors to address things with a rewrite but in doing so completely changed the characters and tenor of the story which went over like a lead balloon. The publisher she'd been talking to balked and here we are with a long standing TBA on a third version to address whatever concerns the publisher had (i.e. make it more like the first book that people liked) that will likely never come out. The end.
>>
>>1990798
>Maybe it's because I'm not good at literature or bad at reading but the first few chapters spam rapid amounts of information in a short period of time on top of a dozen or more different races you need to all remember or try to remember for references later on.

A common problem with scifi. A lot of the time new/bad writers spend the first few chapters info-dumping on the reader instead of letting the background develop naturally, or at least spreading it out over a few chapters.

Anyways, is Dragonoak worth finishing? I'm about two thirds to three quarters through it but the main character just seems insufferable and annoying to me, and its like "do I finish this book or go read more Glen Cook instead?"
>>
>>1993486
I'd also like to know if Dragonoak is worth finishing from anyone who has read the whole thing through. I'm only at the beginning but it's been so boring so far...
>>
So I read Icehole. Was a little afraid because someone a few threads back painted it in not too pretty colours, but it was pretty good. A little immature, but the characters grew on me.

Ack, this book is fucking pricey if I wanted to buy it for myself, this one and Engravings.
>>
>>1993671
I wish she was re-printed or whatever, the sales might help convince Kiera Dellacroix to reappear and write again. I need another book in my life that can equal the perfection that is Engravings of Wraith.
>>
>>1993639
>>1993486
I thought it was slow for much of the first book, but I liked it and the romance and friendships were pretty sweet. Part 2 is generally much darker and it has the MC use her powers much more, (slight spoilers) I didn't even realise that the MC could insta-kill people until book 2. Also Katja is great fun in book 2.
>>
>>1993772
>>1993639
>>1993486
>>1989146
>>1956455

Would someone please share Dragonoak book 2?
>>
>>1973761
>On the Air
The rest of that list is my very top of top shelf /u/ lit, yet this was not even remotely good. I did not expect to be let down that hard. If that was a trick rec then you got me good, anon.

I made it 60% of the way in and I had to drop it (and there are only 2 books I ever quit on). The way it was written made it seem like Kate was endgame, making Miranda's attraction to Nadine seem harmless in a way that might fizzle out and be like: see, lesbians can be friends, just like Amy, but nope. The way Kate broke up with Nadine the day after she tried to kill herself was the last straw. "Your boss? The one you held hands with in the waiting room while I, your 3 year GF, was in hospital for attempted suicide because of the guilt over something I couldn't control fucking up your life? I think you should go out with her instead, let's break up because I'm in a good place to make this decision." What the actual fuck? Miranda was totally hitting on her while "supporting her as a friend" which made it even more tasteless. I don't understand how this book jumped ship so quickly.

Anyone have any good newer read with good feels to rec? I need a palate cleanser.
>>
Does anyone have any titles by del Robertson?
>>
Favorite/best Sarah Waters novel?
>>
>>1994094
I liked it, p-please no bully.
Maybe The Trip will be more up your alley?
>>
Has anyone read Silhouette of a Sparrow
by Molly Beth Griffin? Does it have a happy ending?
>>
>>1994645
Read the top review on goodreads it looks like she leaves Isabelle at the end in an amicable yet pointless separation
>>
>>1994094
If you are up for some mystery try kit o'malley series by lindy cameron.
>>
What are some recommended Twilight stories?

I remember there being a really good one of Bella and the three evil vampire Queens as their bride but can't remember what it was called. Anyone have any other Twilight recommendations? I also was curious for some good Harrpy Potter fics, love student teacher aspect but that one old lady from Gryiffdor is a little to old
>>
>>1995463
>asking about fanfiction
Wrong thread. But fembuck has some popular Twilight fics.
>>
>>1995375
That one's really fun.
>>
I've been reading Truthwitch. It annoys me that there's so many lesbian subtext and we all know it'll end in het. I can't help but start shipping...
>>
>>1994128
I still like Fingersmith best, but I was always too shy to read Tipping the Velvet. Maybe now I'm a grownup. (I say at 25.)
>>
>>1995375
Could you share some of those books if you have them?
>>
>>1995723
Yeah I just recently finished Fingersmith and it blew my mind. I loved it. I then picked up "The Night Watch" and felt very 'meh' about it. I haven't read any other novels from Sarah Waters, so I'm curious to know what everyone likes best. I only see "Fingersmith" recommended, and sometimes "Tipping the Velvet," so maybe that's what I should read next. But still, curious to see what other people might think.
>>
>>1995723
>>1996057
I'm the anon that read Tipping the Velvet and not Fingersmith. I really enjoyed it; liked it even better on reread. Watch the miniseries too :)
>>
Just finished Something in the Wine and I'm slightly disappointed, because the start was very good, but then it started dragging on. I think the book did a so-so job of building up to that explosion at the dinner. Something should have happened that brought them together sooner. On the plus side, at least the characters didn't do anything stupid to start the drama.
Any other books where one of the characters starts questioning her sexuality and doesn't have a big past with men?
>>
>>1996105
Cool. Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to read Tipping the Velvet next. I didn't know there was a miniseries either...is at least better than the Fingersmith miniseries?
>>
>>1996401
>better than the Fingersmith miniseries
I personally think so. You have to forgive some things, but by and large, it's a lot of fun to watch.
>>
I'm trying to remember a novel - SciFi, and the plot begins with our human protagonist returning to Earth, when suddenly this super-powerful (and coincidentally attractive) alien (queen iirc) teleports onto the ship and tells her that their little fling some time back resulted in children (or pregnancy?). And I think the protagonist is now supposed to come back to her or something.

It doesn't seem to be in the goodreads SciFi lists, and it's probably not all that great (or I would've read it then and there), but it annoys me that I can't remember what it was called ... any ideas?
>>
>>1996920
Sounds like fanfiction kind of plot.
I would read it.
>>
>>1996920
The only remotely similar ones I know are two ME fics

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4346760/1/Special-Effects

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4766845/1/Special-Effects-CGI

Huge fun, those. And, of course, dead.
>>
Would anyone mind to name the catch of the Rainey Bell series? Is there more rape than the obvious mentioned one?
>>
>>1996920
Sounds really good, hopefully someone will find it.
>>
>>1994128
Fingersmith is my favorite. Velvet was good but it kinda feels like it completely changes it's premise two times over the course of the book, and while the first section is wonderful and the third section sweet, the middle section is kinda unbearable to me. One I think is underrated is the paying guests. It's really heartbreaking.
>>
>>1995814
http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/Qpy9ufcL/file.html
>>
>>1995814
http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/hCae5i78/file.html
http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/YrM6u5W8/file.html
>>
>>1996920
Sounds like Afterglow by Stein Willard
>>
>>1997972
Ah, you are absolutely correct. As soon as I saw the author's name .. thank you :)

Meanwhile I read Lawson's Soulwalker. About a paraplegic woman who can send out her shadow to kill people.
Nice idea, execution maybe a bit mediocre (primarily too short I'd say), and I'm not sure about the end, but an OK read.
>>
>>1997972
>published: 2015
>all the torrents are over 2 years old
Uber fic?
>>
Does anyone have Blurred Lines by KD Williamson?
>>
>>1998013
Can't find any torrents. Guess I don't know where to look.

Also, new thread?
>>
>>1998317
Honestly I just googled the book title +torrent. None of them are seeded though.
>>
>>1997619
Thank you Anon
>>
File: Dare-Me-Megan-Abbott.jpg (82KB, 678x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Dare-Me-Megan-Abbott.jpg
82KB, 678x1015px
Might have already heard but Dare Me by Megan Abbott is being made into an HBO series.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/natalie-portman-dare-me_n_3442046.html

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/19/megan-abbott-gymnastics-thriller-you-will-know-me-excerpt

It lacked /u/ for the majority of the story. Only until the end do you really see some of it. For those who don't want to read the mostly het story the /u/ bit is when the mc reveals she instigated some drunken lesbian humping on the pretty cheerleader. But the mc tries to ignore this and her best friend, the cheerleader becomes a subtle yandere after that night. Yandere cheerleader is the one who orchestrated the big scandal in order to drive mc away from being friends with the coach. She talks about the times she saved the mc from the ill intentions of other girls and we learn at the end she did all this because she's sad the mc won't address what happened, she hopes she can have the mc someday. So some yuri but not happy yuri and we don't get a chance to see it reciprocated. Which might change if it's an hbo series. But we'd also see a lot of het scenes like in the book.
>>
>>1998782
Unless the adaptation significantly changes things to make it better /u/ it never does this sounds like typical western shit where the lesbian bit scenes will be played up for sexy ratings while the straights win at the end and the lesbians die or have some other bad end. Doesn't seem worth it.
>>
Siera Maley has a new book out. Not sure I'm up for purchasing it at this time.
>>
>>1998782
>Which might change if it's an hbo series
It won't. Nothing is ever made better.
>>
>>1998835
>Siera Maley

Bought!
>>
>>1997614
>>1997619

Much appreciated.
>>
>>1997972
This sounds interesting, does anyone have it? the torrents are dead.
>>
>>1998958
Read it, I felt the ending was a bit too abrupt. I think she writes really great angsty books but this one whilst it had angst still didn't feel resolved at the end.
>>
>>1994094
Oh good, I'm not the only person who can't stand these books. Geonn Cannon actually writes some pretty good stuff (and is super prolific on AO3), but this entire series is the pits.
>>
>>2001028
Thanks. I may wait until it's cheaper prior to purchasing.
>>
>>2002055
Well, for what it's worth, I hated Gemini.
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.