/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Well, as of today (if not yesterday), It is now the 15th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 32

File: 1252161236.png (785KB, 1018x840px) Image search: [Google]
1252161236.png
785KB, 1018x840px
>Well, as of today (if not yesterday), It is now the 15th R-rated horror movie to make more than $250 million worldwide.

>$250 MILLION IN 6 DAYS
>$250 MILLION IN 6 DAYS
>$250 MILLION IN 6 DAYS
>>
adjusted for inflation?
>>
>>87791880
/tv/ on suicide watch
>>
>>87791880
>R-rated horror movie
It was a PG-13 movie with one gory scene at the beginning. The entire thing was nothing but pussy-ass jumpscares and CGI, the reason it's doing so well is because apart from one or two scenes there is nothing at all that would push it to an R.
>>
>THE FIFTEENTH
>>
>>87791880
Its a big fat flop
>>
>>87791931
I agree with you that it didn't at all feel like an R Rated movie. More like a PG 15
>>
I haven't paid to watch this. I'm looking forward to the blu-ray rip.
>>
>>87791969
You should pay because we need the sequel to be way better
>>
>>87791880
And you just know they're going to fuck this up, by trying to do more than 2 movies. They'll have some bullshit like a in-between them as children or adults, or do another one 27 years after them as adults, or 27 years before them as children and so on. They will milk it for all it's worth.

Not realizing the only reason it's doing so good is because everyone wants to see Bev in her panties and all the perverted scenes with her.
>>
>>87791957
You're a big fat shitposter.
>>
>>87792024
They should have planned more than two movies from the start desu.
It felt incredibly watered down and rushed.
>>
>>87791931
> The entire thing was nothing but pussy-ass jumpscares

That's all horror can do now a days because gore does nothing, suspense does nothing, monsters do nothing. We've been so desensitized that the only thing that scares us are jumpscares, and even then the scare is fleeting as fuck.
>>
It makes my dick hard how wrong the fat permavirgin neckbeards were and how adamant they were this movie was gonna tank. Remember the tripfag whose name was something like ITwilltank or something. Kek you smelly fucking moron I hope your father open mouth kisses you when you both have festering coldsores and you die of AIDS.
>>
>>87791880
And yet it has none of the fun racism King is known for. You're not going to have Pennywise chant kill the nigger or imitate Mike's dad over the phone with a pickaninny voice in the sequel. How boring is that? Don't pretend making the first movie in the 80s was a good idea.
>>
>>87791880
>total box office is the sign of cinema success!
the absolute state of /tv/
>>
>>87792079
It was a safe bet though. Kings movies a lot of the times turn out to be be shit. And who would have thought a movie about a clown would do well in 2017. Then there was the casting choice for pennywise.

Only the trailer made me change my mind about this movie tanking. But prior to that I was sure it would do bad.
>>
>>87791880
It was supposed to make way more than that.
>>
>>87791880
good. hopefully we get more high quality horror movies now that a new market has been realized.
>>
>>87792099
>first movie in 88 for the stranger things audiance and 80's nostalgia
>get to do the 2nd in 2015 and don't have to fuck around with the sets
Such an easy decision desu
>>
>>87792100
+ Critical Rating
+ Audience Score.

Shitting on a movie that is making money, is rated highly by both the critics and the general audience. This is the true state of /tv/. Fucking pretentious neckbeard hipster faggots that shit on anything that is highly rated.
>>
File: 1505328033012.jpg (137KB, 929x597px) Image search: [Google]
1505328033012.jpg
137KB, 929x597px
>>
Good news, it was kino. Sorry about the BTFO /tv/, not even you guys deserve to be cucked like this
>>
>>87791931
>the reason it's doing so well is because

marketing out the ass
>>
>>87792079
IT is a flop . . .
>>
>>87791880
you mean limp dick R
>>
>>87791957
Speak of the ugly nigger Devil. How does it feel to be so wrong you liver lipped baboon?
>>
>>87792055
>gore does nothing, suspense does nothing, monsters do nothing. We've been so desensitized that the only thing that scares us are jumpscares
How about you fucking neck yourself, normalshit? Just because you and the rest of the faggots like you literally only see horror as "that genre with the loud sound effects and musical cues whenever something 'scary' shows up on screen that I watch twice a year with my bros only for a momentary thrill and nothing more' doesn't mean that those of us who are actual fans of the genre can't still be scared by subtlety, good writing/acting, and competent film-making.
>>
>>87792099
>Don't pretend making the first movie in the 80s was a good idea.
It was made in the late 80's so that when they do the sequel (which is supposed to be 27 years later it will be modern.
>>
File: sophia lillis.jpg (68KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sophia lillis.jpg
68KB, 666x1000px
>>87791880
/tv/ btfo, hope this means we'll see of best girl
>>
>>87792099
b-but the director grew up in the 80s, y'see. That makes it fucking epic even though nobody had issues feeling comfy reading about the 50s a decade they never experienced (kinda like how most of the movie's audience doesn't know shit about the 80s besides a handful of bad movies).
>>
has there ever been a good horror movie where the villain wins and it just fucking ends abruptly?

feel like IT could've been improved with IT fucking wrecking those kids or at least putting up a better fight and at some point during the fight through a kid's PoV they get knocked out and then it cuts to the two remaining bully kids just smoking cigs on the street outside Bower's house while police have it cordoned off and one of them sees a red balloon.

these happy endings are just too fucking cliche lads
>>
>>87792167
Nah you smelly fucking nigger it isn't. You want to know what's a flop? Check out your whore sewer rat waifu's filmography since she stopped doing the gay vampire movies you fucking bingo bongo.
>>
They murdered Bill's character so hard. Forget hanging around in the Barrens for fun and building damns, everything is 'muh brother'.
Lack of 'Beep beep richie' really pissed me off as well.
>>
>>87792219

It's called Friday the 13th you dumb Jew.
>>
>>87792197
Name one good modern horror movie that is actually scary. Go on I'll wait.

As I said, we've been too desensitized. Movies don't scare us anymore. As a society that is. I'm guessing that there are still some quivering little faggots like yourself that get scared by a boogymonster and someone getting their eyes gouged out.
>>
>>87792160
>dropping trailers on youtube
Wew they sure went broke
>>
>>87792221

DAAAAAAAAAMN
>>
>>87792240
good
>>
>>87792240
Jason dies at the end of every one you dumb faggot.
>>
It's hard to have tension in a movie when you know the losers club are the chosen ones of an ancient cosmic force.
>>
>>87791880
Not surprising considering the enormous hype machine they got running up to the release.
>>
>>87792176
Come on, man, that's too far.
>>
>>87791880
>250 million worldwide in its opening week
kek is that supposed to be impressive?
>>
>>87792247
Modern horror movies are all haunted house jumpscare shit because of retards like you, you fucking norman shitsucker. You are responsible for the pussification of horror. It's not desensitization, it's faggots like you who only want to hear "BOO" at 100 decibels every 5 minutes for an hour and a half once a year around Halloween. Modern horror movies are not scary because of faggots like you. Modern horror movies are the way they are because of faggots like you. End yourself.
>>
>>87792284
It objectively is
>>
>>87792284
>kek is that supposed to be impressive?
For a rated R horror movie, very impressive. People don't seem to realize exactly how much parents bringing their kids to see movies increases the amount of money. It's why movies always go for the golden PG-13 rating.
>>
>>87792247
>Name one good modern horror movie that is actually scary. Go on I'll wait.
Why? The Exorcist isn't scary unless you've been tricked into believing God is real. Otherwise it's a comedy movie no different than Evil Dead.
>>
>>87792221
Why does it have to be personal, man?
>>
>>87792309
I saw parents bringing 6 year olds to IT though so God's chosen people are realizing it doesn't matter at all what the movie is rated.
>>
>>87792351
>so God's chosen people are realizing it doesn't matter at all what the movie is rated.

my parents showed me IT when I was like, 6 or 7.

Results?

Never fucking talked to strangers. It was great.
>>
>>87792291
>Modern horror movies are all haunted house jumpscare shit because of retards like you
No they're not. They're like that because as I said. We just don't get scared anymore. Well people who aren't faggots like you don't scare easily anymore.

They've tried countless times to bring back the suspenseful horror... and failed to illicit fear.

They've tried countless times to bring back the gore... and failed to illicit fear.

They've tried countless times to bring back monster / killer horror... and failed to illicit fear.

The only thing that gets any sort of response are jump scares, and even then (as I said) the fear is fleeting as fuck. So they'll go with the only thing that they know will work since they cannot rely on scared little faggots like yourself since there are so few of you left. Even little girls don't scare as easily.
>>
>>87792351

No you didn't. In fact I'll suck a nigger dick on the Golden Gate Bridge if you have left your fucking house in the past week.
>>
>>87792382
>No they're not
Stopped reading right there. You are an uneducated swine and know not what you speak of.
>>
>>87792376
Shit. I can't imagine seeing modern IT at 7. I happened to play half life 1 when I was around 7 and the zombies spooked me so hard I couldn't touch the game until I was a teen.
>>
>>87792324
Those were different times though. When I was a kid shit like that scared me, my kid laughs at that shit. Society has become desensitized. That shit no longer scares us, or our kids.
>>
>>87792404
See
>>87792382
>>
>>87792267
Wrong.
>>
>>87792401
There was a girl who couldn't have been older than 8 sitting behind me when I went to see the movie last Saturday.
>>
>>87792349
Talk shit get your wig split bruh.
>>
>>87792099
You've actually piqued my interest in the book. What else is cut? Is it worth those 10000 pages?
>>
>>87792426
Nope. Everyone he's in, he dies at the end of.

1 and 5 he's not in.
>>
>>87791931
It's rated R because they say "fuck" more than one time. Blame your retarded MPAA.
>>
>>87792428
Yeah and her parents want her back so you should let her go you sick piece of shit.
>>
>>87792152
>Georgie being Top Tier
whoever made this is fucking retarded, he had less screen time out of all the characters in The Losers Club
>>
>>87792468
It's not worth it. The cool parts of the story that weren't in the movie are all things you wouldn't read a 1000 page horror novel for. IT isn't even a good book, it's just better than it's adaptations.
>>
>>87792413
"It was a different time" is an excuse that might work for Hammer horror films. It doesn't work for the classic horror movies you shill like Exorcist, The Shining, or Nightmare on Elm St. I didn't get internet until 2002. I saw all this shit in the 90s and it wasn't scary besides the startling jumpscares with loud noises. None of your classic horror movies are scary.
>>
The directors cut blurays getting 15 more mins
>>
>>87792267
>>87792471
You absolute nigger, he's still a mortal human being (albeit one with tard strength taken to the max) until Part IV, when he dies for the first time. Then he gets resurrected in Part VI and doesn't actually "die" again, because he's an undead zombie.
>>
>>87792468
Yes it's worth it but /tv/ is asshurt that the author hates Trump and a Stanley Kubrick movie. Hell listen to the Weber audiobook so you can hear someone act all the nutty lines out with passion.
>>
>awful cgi
>no real suspense
>baiting audience with cliche audio design that gets tense each second for a setup jump scare
>le wacky hollywood jokes that ruin the tense moments kids are in to make normies laugh
>they decided to add 2 final showdown for some reason ruining the build up since it gets stale the second time
>unnecessary tension between beverly and her father
>bad pacing at times in the second half
>kids screaming in an autistic manner and saying witty jokes at pennywise to awake goosebumps in normies
It was pretty mediocre in general.I liked the actor of pennywise but the amount of cgi they slapped onto him ruined his performance for me.The chemistry between the kids felt so forced at times it just couldnt compare to the tv movie on that.Music was nice, i think that is it.I was disappointed alot.It is like they took IT and made it into a generic hollywood horror movie.
>>
>>87792576
>unnecessary tension between beverly and her father
t. never read the book
>>
>>87792471
>He's not in 1

Fuck you, you fucking faggot. You have literally never watched the movie. Who the fuck do you think comes out of the water at the end? Kill yourself twice you subhuman tier mongoloid.
>>
>>87791880
All that money just for it to almost be as bad as a DC movie. It's not surprising since it's from Warner Brothers. I bet you act like that doll movie that came out a month ago is good too.
>>
>>87792576
Too add onto this, the film felt really streched up and dragged on because they decided to split the story into 2 parts.That resulted in the story feeling disjointed and they tried to fill the gaps with horror bait scenes with generic jumpscares.The story should've been told like in the original adaptation where the story leaps between past and future to create a more eerie feeling with suspense.
>>
>"Losers Club"
>literally any given member has 7 extremely close friends, one of them being a hot chick (unless, of course, the given member is said hot chick, but I digress)
For fuck's sake. I fucking wish that I could say that they had 7 times as many friends as I did when I was their age (or any age at all, actually), but I can't because 0x7=0. "Losers" my ass. Fuck this shit.
>>
File: 1505545030460.jpg (66KB, 806x852px) Image search: [Google]
1505545030460.jpg
66KB, 806x852px
>>87792537
At least he made a big impression with the little screentime he has
>>
>>87792613
Anyone else really hate the unnecessary tension between Henry and Ben?
>>
>>87792634
>Comparing this to Snydershit

Just fucking stop.
>>
>>87792613
What i meant is, it was too exaggerated like it was from a modern b-movie horror shit.It wasnt the tension between them but how it was conveyed felt unnecessary
>>
>>87792663
Yeah. And the cool bullies were presumably all from white trash families and everybody hated them.
>>
>>87792663
Is this why /reddit9k/ is so butthurt about this movie and said it would tank? Because the movie doesn't represent the fat pussy demographic in the way you think it should? Sad! Get a girlfriend already kid, it's time to just be yourself and stop acting like life is a fucking chink cartoon. Or kill yourselves. Either way stop dragging this thing out.
>>
>>87792576
All opinions and no arguments, as usual
>>
>>87792788
>characters are called "losers"
>they're not actually losers
It is a simple request. Make an accurate film.
>>
>>87792625
> Who the fuck do you think comes out of the water at the end?

Obviously you've never watched it as that was a dream. The girl was fine as she was in part 2.
>>
>>87792634
DC movies print money too actually
>>
>>87791880
>15th
whoop de fucking doo
>>
>>87792849
You are retarded since i was making arguments along with talking about my opinions.You cant make an argument without sharing your opinion on the said topic, dumb cunt.
>>
>>87792850
Just because they're not your pathetic brand of loser doesn't mean they weren't losers, they were still losers. They're the kids most people who weren't total disasters thought were losers when they were kids. People like /reddit9k/ posters don't get a movie because no one has, or ever will, given a fuck that they exist. Deal with it bro.
>>
>>87792788
>>87792958
Why is he obsessing over Reddit?
>>
>>87792970
He's in full self-denial projection mode at the moment. Just let him be.
>>
How will contrarians ever recover?
>>
>>87792970
/r9k/ is literally /reddit9k/ crying pussies: The board. A BLOO BLOO A GIRL WAS MEAN TO ME FIFTEEN YEARS AGO AND THAT'S WHY MY LIFE IS A FAILURE A BLOO BLOO! Lel nut up and go work out and crush some pussy you faggot.

>>87792999
Ironic coming from you /reddit9k/ samefaggot. Enjoy dying alone brah.
>>
i supposhe people really love clowns
>>
File: Everyday.jpg (455KB, 754x2087px) Image search: [Google]
Everyday.jpg
455KB, 754x2087px
>>87793026

They won't. And everyday we will remind them.
>>
>>87793026
The second part will save us. It'll be total garbage, and it won't have millennials lining up to check out the sweet new reboot of that old movie they once saw on daytime TV back in 2002.
>>
>>87792324
*tips fedora 20%*
>>
>>87793028
>LARPing this hard.
You are just a r9k shitter in denial who occasionally makes fun of those cunts to make yourself feel a tad better but in reality you are the same type of a loser.
>>
>>87793053
How do you live with being so wrong all the time?
>>
>>87793083
It's easy when you realize that everyone else is wrong and you are correct.
>>
>>87793082
>LE PROJECTING

Keep sobbing, /reddit9k/. You still can't get over getting your ass kicked by the football team in high school. I'm still fucking the prom queen in my 20's. Just be yourself brah.
>>
>>87793053
the second movie will be better with Derry lore and Pennywise actually fucking with the MC's. The first movie rides too much on the fake bullshit that Stranger Things rides on "lol omg aren't the kids so cute XD XD XD WOW YOU GUYS THEY'RE KIDS AND THAT'S AMAZING!!!! KIDS PLAYING PRETEND ISN'T THAT SOMETHING?!"
>>
File: 1505373321340.png (548KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1505373321340.png
548KB, 552x543px
I just rewatched the 90's It and Eddie was an Asexual icon why isn't the media celebrating King for this achievement so far ahead of his time?
>>
>>87793108
So a healthy mixture of cognitive dissonance and mental illness. Cool.
>>
Will adult Beverly's nipples get hard from the abuse her husband gives? Will he ask her how many times she came? Will she blush and say "3"? I loved that shit in the book. I bet women loved it too.
>>
>>87793045
>who is the best representative of my political views?
>I know, the inter-dimensional demon force of nature that eats children
>>
I enjoy seeing /tv/ be so analhurt over this film's success. The film was good, that's why it's making boatloads of cash. Shit ain't hard to comprehend
>>
>>87793201
You mean Hillary Clinton?
>>
Just got back from the theater. IT was LITTY. Go to your local theatre be part of history!
>>
>>87793121
Sure you are ;)
>>
File: director.png (503KB, 522x525px) Image search: [Google]
director.png
503KB, 522x525px
Is Andy Muschietti a pedophole or a hebephile?
>>
>all of the kids toss down their bikes
>the jew doesn't

movie was redpilled af
>>
>>87791880
worst movie i have ever seen
>>
>Worldwide Total as of Sep. 14, 2017: $255,110,619

Where is the namefag who said IT needed $300m to be successful? Bring him to me.
>>
>>87793309
Then you haven't seen a lot of movies.
>>
I loved how fucked up they made It's eyes
>>
>>87793315
IT: 35 million production, 30 million in advertising. With taxes it needed about 130 mil to make all its money back.
>>
>>87791880
>Shilled for days, I, shilled for days!
>>
>>87793121
ok
>>
>>87793306
Not to diminish your point, but aren't there two Jews?
>>
>>87792882
IT is currently the 4th highest grossing R-Rated horror of all time. Only behind The Conjuring 2 ($320m), The Conjuring ($318m) and The Exorcist ($441m)

Out of those, The Exorcist is the only one of those movies that IT probably wont topple by the end of it's run.
>>
>>87793425
>muh box office
kill yourself
>>
File: 12345432.jpg (68KB, 738x309px) Image search: [Google]
12345432.jpg
68KB, 738x309px
>>87793489
AND Critical success
AND Audience enjoyment

On every metric, /tv/ got thoroughly BTFO
>>
>>87793517
wtf I love Star Wars The Farce Awakens now
>>
>be better than all disneyshit
>makes more profit than disneyshit
Sorry shill you can't win them all
>>
>>87793425
that's more impressive than OPs 15th R-rated horror movie. i guess OP is and always will be a faggot
>>
>>87793517
Damn I love Marvel movies now
>>
>>87793517
wtf i love annabelle:creation now
>>
>>87792556
Liar

Exorcist freaked me out for weeks

I remember being so scared watching it

Lords of Salem is best modern horror
>>
>The success of this is probably going to usher in a new era of King adaptations

I wonder if somebody will do an updated version of The Stand.
>>
>>87793533
>>87793591
>>87793617

Except those movies are objectively good. They're making money, they're critically acclaimed, and the general audience loves them.

It just seems that a few faggots do not.
>>
>>87793722
>>The success of this is probably going to usher in a new era of King adaptations
Fuck that, gimme a new Christine to hit that Fast and Furious/Horror market, hell can see the tagline now

She's fast AND furious
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>87793816
>>
>>87792221
Holy fuck my sides
>>
>>87791880
Wow, can't wait for the inevitable slew of shitty """horror""" reboots.
>>
>>87793867
They're already here
>>
>>87792221
OOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>87792221
lol
>>
>>87793315
He literally posted that according to ((him)), IT would have to make $300 million in order to not be a flop. It's going to easily pass that this weekend. I can't wait for the bullshit he's gonna spew after that
>>
>>87793201
Derry residents violated the NAP when they trespassed on It's property.
>>
File: pennyywise.jpg (53KB, 1080x677px) Image search: [Google]
pennyywise.jpg
53KB, 1080x677px
>>
>>87791880

I think a bit part of it is that it feels very 80's in it's horror, the Ring kinda ruined western horror by making it all about creepy ghost children (kinda like capeshit). It brings back the more fantastical elements of 80s horror.
>>
>>87791931
I mean, it also has a bunch of fucks, a visual of a young girl after being ripped in half, and pretty obvious child sexual abuse. It's definitely an R.
>>
>>87794159
honka honka Richie
>>
>>87794312
Have you ever seen the Ring, at least the first American 1? A killer VHS tape with bizarre imagery and a build up of creepy happenings all around you as the 7 days elapse and you're saying it's not fantastical? Tell me one thing in the new IT movie that matches that horse jumping off the boat, its back legs crunching against the guard rail and getting caught in the propellers.
>>
>>87794159

GEORGIES GONNA FREAK
>>
>>87794159
the metal teeth are kino fuck the naysayers
>>
>>87794159
>no Damaged
>>
>>87794159
DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS
>>
Who's gonna be cast as the adults in Chapter 2?
>>
>>87792663
They were all manlets. They had each other and had good personalities, but those boys were objectively losers.
>>
>>87792850
>those kids aren't real losers, I should know because I'm a huge fucking loser!!! RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
the state of /tv/
>>
>>87792663
If you were as loser but didn't team up with the other losers then you're a failure.
loser > failure
>>
This'll be in a lot of wardrobes and used as a lot of phone backgrounds over the next few months
>>
>>87794989
V FOR VENDETE
>>
>>87794989
The moment I saw it I knew it would be T shirt material.
Now we wait to see if """they're""" smart enough to make wristbands
>>
>>87792382
My 2 cents is that

horror is too polarizing for it to generate money out of other than what is "tried and true". Which is a shitty jump-scare to bulk of the population because that's what makes money. The execs in charge aren't gonna take risks to make what you or I want to see in cinema.

I don't believe the things you said "failed to illicit fear", I think they've just been done badly and honestly the issue is probably more nuanced that just that.

gore i agree, that most people have been desensitized

monster/killer horror is usually where I see the recent gems shine

I hope you know deep down inside you sound an edgelord.
>>
>>87791957
>>87792167
>please reply to me, i beg you, give me some attention
>>
>>87792208
she's going to look like shit in 3 years
>>
>>87792324
I believe in god and that still doesn't scare me.
That anon is right though, we have seen so much shit that people just can't get scared after the age of 16.
>>
>>87795884
Nah. She'll still look good. But she REALLY needs to grow out her hair. Really hating that these dyke hairstyles are the new trend.
>>
>>87795911
maybe its the hollywood pedos demanding it
>>
Wow, a highly marketed movie which was made via an algorithm to satisfy as many people as possible does well. Imagine that.
>>
>>87792219
Watch some real horror faggot. It Follows and The Witch are two very recent examples of the bad guy winning.
>>
>>87791880
just got back after watching. it felt like more style than substance. lots of good scares and it got me gud lots and lots of times, but i kept wondering what the fuck was happening and why it was happening. the attitudes of the children all seemed completely unnatural to me too.
>>
>>87796367
> which was made via an algorithm
I think your tinfoil hat is too tight.
>>
apparently the sexual content in the books isnt in the movie.

what kind of sexual content was in the books?
>>
>>87793816
Marvel and TFA are trash movies though.
>>
>>87796250

hollywood's definitely rife with pedos but I don't see how short hair being fashionable has anything to do with them
>>
>>87796603
That's literally the reason why Cary Fukanaga left.

"It didn’t fit into the algorithm of what they knew they could spend and make money back on based on not offending their standard genre audience. It was the creative that we were really battling. It was two movies. They didn’t care about that. In the first movie, what I was trying to do was an elevated horror film with actual characters. They didn’t want any characters. They wanted archetypes and scares. I wrote the script. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script."

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/cary-fukunaga-it-exit-1201584416/
>>
>>87796644
Except they're not. They are what they are supposed to be. Campy action movies. Nothing more, nothing deeper. This isn't an algorithm, this is the style of action movies in general.
>>
test
>>
>>87796816
>elevated horror.
Name one movie where that has ever worked.
give me proof fukanaga wouldn't try to cinema d'art the shit out of the movie.
>>
>>87796390
It Follows is the best I've seen since Paranormal Activity 1
>>
>>87794159
>>87794159
MOM'S GONNA FLOAT
>>
>>87796816
Didn't he have Bowers fucking a sheep?
>>
>>87792276
WITH ATTITUDE
>>
>>87792561
of magic
>>
>>87792152
Overall, it was a decent 8/10 movie. But the movie has the same fatal flaw as the book and minisereis. Too many main characters. There didn't need to be 7 protagonist. With that many, it's easy to get em confused....

I think they needed Georgie, Bev, Ben, Richie, and black kid. The others are kind of superfluous and unmemorable. It would have tightened up the sprawl of a plot to trim away three of the unnecessary extras.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
I wanna see this in Chapter Two.
>>
>>87797340
Of Stan "The Man" Uris telling the townsfolk how fucking shit they are during his Bar mitzvah. And a longer scene of the kids just fucking around before jumping over that cliff. Not exactly the most amazing scenes, but i'll take them.
>>
>>87792048
this. there was no ritual of chud. no smoke lodge visions. no character development. it felt like the most recent season of GOT, pacing wise.
>>
>>87797472
i want my sewer scene
>>
>>87797510
Saving all that for the sequel. Mike turns to drugs n order to expand his horizons and figure out how to beat IT. He has the visions from the smoke lodge, he discovers the Ritual of Chud. Whilst the rest of the Losers go out into the world and be successful, Mike stays behind and lives the life of a junkie trying to figure out Pennywise's existence and weakness.
>>
>>87796449
hmm! interesting, I didn't get got by the scares, but i thought they were genuinely good. The attitudes of the kids felt realer than any show I've seen before (i.e. I related to them), aside from hey lets go check out what went bump. Generational gap? mid 20s here
>>
File: it-photo.jpg (2MB, 2700x1117px) Image search: [Google]
it-photo.jpg
2MB, 2700x1117px
>>87791880
I thought this movie was 10/10. Amazing desu.

It made "Super 8" a 2/10 by comparison
>>
File: derrybeverlyit2.jpg (21KB, 475x314px) Image search: [Google]
derrybeverlyit2.jpg
21KB, 475x314px
>Are you still my girl Bev?
>>
>>87791880
It's not really scary as much as it's disturbing and unsettling
>>
>>87792537
He gave a good performance, especially for his age.

I wish they kept his "you'll float too" scene without the make up (like in the trailer).
>>
>>87796816
Fukunaga sounds. understandably, mad that they didn't let him do what he wanted to do. The problem being he deviated from the King novel too much, from what I've heard. Makes sense to me that they'd split. That does't mean the alternative ensuing movie is bad, as you seem to imply (they used formulaic film making/"algorithm", therefore bad

tl;dr, time and place
>>
>>87791880
How did this shit get so hyped up?

It felt like nobody was talking about it the entire way through its production.
>>
>it's successful
>It's R rated

If there's any consolation from this fucking thing it's that we might see a resurgence in ultra violence in action movies ala robocop which would be cool to have again.
>>
>>87792208
I want to find her roles as she develops
>>
>>87792575
>audiobook
The shit Americans come up to not read.
>>
>>87791880
>inflation calculator
>only made 120million with 1990s buying power
>>
>>87798491

Audiobooks are actually pretty good if you are busy working all the time. You get to enjoy the book while doing other things. /lit/fags btfo
>>
>>87798531
>/lit/fags btfo
Have fun finding an unabridged version of a decent-sized book.
>>
>movie based on a book with a children gangbang
>the movie doesn't adapt that scene
>/tv/ freaks out
Like clockwork.
>>
>>87798544
thankfully, I found this within a minute
>>
>>87798531
>t. illiterate
>>
File: tumblr_owcn58cmgb1u0h2zzo1_1280.jpg (44KB, 699x470px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_owcn58cmgb1u0h2zzo1_1280.jpg
44KB, 699x470px
>>87791880
How do we make the Part 2 do just as well and not flop, /tv/?
>>
>>87791880

This movie had flashes of kino among the normie tier jumpscare garbage.

Sweedbro is great when he's not lunging at the camera like a retard, going BOOOOGA BOOGA. I like his weird jittery interpretation (like when he comes out of the fridge), but mouth breathers like being startled not unnerved.

The Georgie scene is pretty good. The warped painting lady was genuinely nightmare fuel. Small details like when he's hanging from the butcher's hook and his voice is like the bleating of sheep were interesting.

But alas, the themes of inter-generational violence and depravity are gone.
>>
File: epid.png (28KB, 171x156px) Image search: [Google]
epid.png
28KB, 171x156px
>>87797107
>>
So is the movie good?
Is it /tv/ approved?
>>
>>87798544
Stupendously easy. Get with the times.
>>
>>87798883
It's decent
It's not really scary or atmospheric, just a shitton of jump scares and loud noises
>>
>>87799033
I'd say it has a pretty cosy atmosphere, even the horror stuff feels more old school haunted house than modern "GRIND THE FLESH" style.
>>
>>87791998
It's impossible for the second half of the story to ever be good because the kids being kids is the only redeemable aspect of it all.
>>
>>87799154
No it's a chance to delve into Pennywise/Derry as a character and make things more more surreal.
>>
>>87792247
The vvitch
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 368x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 368x425px
>>87792401
>>
Those numbers are very low when you compare to every other movie over the past year.
Still hasn't reached the point where they can say it turned a profit, but they won't print that.
>>
>>87798630
Make it movie original with no adults.

The adult sections are always shit, no matter the adaptation.
>>
>>87799406
>HE HASN'T KILLED HIMSELF YET
>>
>>87799279
Has Fukunaga said what flashbacks he's going to put in the sequel?
>>
Saw It last night.
Was really fucking good. They actually cast kids who can act which elevated it way above the mini series. Pennywise was perfect.
I just wonder what they're going to do with Henry Bawers, implying hes still alive.
>>
>>87799499
>Has Fukunaga said what flashbacks he's going to put in the sequel?
You know he didn't work on this right?
>>
>>87799575
>I just wonder what they're going to do with Henry Bawers
Hopefully he's dead. I don't want some old man ranting about homeschooling.

>They lined their side of the gate, shouting at him, calling him names for nigger he had never dreamed existed — nightfighter, Ubangi, spade, blackberry, junglebunny, others.
>'You niggerboogienight-fighterjungle-bunnyapemancoon!' Henry screamed, and leaped at Mike again.
>'Gaaaaaaaaaah! Neeeeeeegaaaa!' Henry screamed.
>>
The TV mini had some top tunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDakhsaPTE0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1LLwC7N1h8
>>
>>87792219
Jeepers creepers 1
>>
File: They-All-Float.jpg (78KB, 600x292px) Image search: [Google]
They-All-Float.jpg
78KB, 600x292px
>>87797408
the turtle couldnt help though, it told bill that.

they weren't being propelled by the turtle, it was likely Gan. the turtle was just there as an observational force, albeit rooting for the good guys
>>
>>87799575
Hopefully they cast Vincent D'onofrio as Henry.
>>
>>87799896
>When the real monster was behind the camera the whole time
>>
>>87792152
>Georgie
>anything more than a plot device
>>
I haven't seen it. I am going to wait for the director's cut. I already know it won't be kino even though the sauce is. Maybe once both director's cuts are released and spliced into a 5 hour movie it will be something.
>>
was a shitty horror movie

good adventure film
>>
>>87799329
he said actually scary, anon. the VVitch was a period drama with minor supernatural elements.
>>
HORROR KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS
>>
File: 8675675.jpg (90KB, 995x1243px) Image search: [Google]
8675675.jpg
90KB, 995x1243px
It spinoff with just the kids having slice of life story in the 90s when??
>>
>>87800387
The book is my favorite novel and it was a good condensation.
>>
>>87800703
honestly most of my criticism of the movie are related to small book details that i feel wouldve added to the world if they were included. the movie was great
>>
File: IMG_2636.gif (723KB, 318x178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2636.gif
723KB, 318x178px
>Wonder why Pennywise has a lazy eye throughout the movie
>mfw I realize he's keeping one eye on you the viewer the entire time
>>
File: tUkJUE4.jpg (79KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
tUkJUE4.jpg
79KB, 540x568px
>>87800851
pic
>>87800700
freaks and geeks remake with finn when?
>>
File: modig1.jpg (320KB, 818x1200px) Image search: [Google]
modig1.jpg
320KB, 818x1200px
>>87791880
Went today to see it. It was ok, but shame some good parts from the book were cut.
Also that movie is in late 80s kinda bothering me, but I guess why not, it can work for Chapter 2.

And for fuck sake, why so much kids went to see it? There were like 20 kids with red balloons snooping around and begging adults and other 18+ to pretend that they are their parents/brothers/sisters/aunts.
>>
>>87800851
You're not serious right?
>>
>>87800998

flute woman was the only part of the movie that legitimately creeped me out
>>
>>87801208
This

When picture fell down I knew it gonna happen, but fuck I was not ready for it anyway + that fucking soul leaching kiss in sewers.
>>
>>87791880
Based. Fuck /tv/, bunch of pseudo-intellectuals that constantly need to know their place in the world.
>>
File: IMG_2648.jpg (19KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2648.jpg
19KB, 620x470px
>>87801130
>>
its gonna flop, screencap this
>>
File: IMG_2650.png (699KB, 2094x1154px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2650.png
699KB, 2094x1154px
>>87801476
>>87801130
>>
>>87800700
Ohhh that'd be perfect
>>
File: IMG_2649.png (468KB, 1200x602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2649.png
468KB, 1200x602px
>>87801130
>>87801476
>>87801525
>>
File: kek.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>87792176
>>87792221
holy fuck
>>
So I heard they are going to do King's Movie Universeâ„¢, which is so popular today.
For now it goes like this:
>The Dark Tower fuck I hope they will fucking drop it somewhere
>IT

What movies do you thing they will try to do or connect already filmed ones in it?
>>
>>87801476
>>87801525
>>87801570
Ok, good concept and idea if it was intentional
But I miss all of it, good eye anon
>>
>>87801570
is it just me or his right eye is bloodshot?
>>
Daily reminder the whole clown sightings was a marketing plan that was in the works for 2+ years. It took that long for "people to subconsciously want to see it
>>
File: the-wendigo.jpg (180KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
the-wendigo.jpg
180KB, 600x900px
>>87801617

Personally I hope they do a Wendigo series.
Pet Sematary + Girl who loved Tom Gordon would be pretty kino.
>>
>>87801570
>>87801476
He has a lazy eye because the actor has a lazy eye.
>>
>>87791931
Tpbp
>>
>>87801670
Oh it was definitely intentional.
Cover the eye that isn't looking at the camera, should make it obvious. Also there's a ton more instances of that in the movie, those are just non spoiler instances.

The end also establishes that his actual eyes are closer to that of a chameleon, so Pennywise might actually know he's being watched

We're possibly viewing the movie through the eyes of the ever observant Turtle.
>>
File: 1495522193662.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495522193662.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>>87793246
>>
>>87801617
The Mist, but just connect 2007 movie and not doing remake of it.
Just mention it in Chapter 2 of IT or The Dark Tower.
>>
>>87801670
It was intentional. Originally they were going to do it with CGI but Skarsgard said he could pull it off organically.
>>
File: it.jpg (660KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
it.jpg
660KB, 750x1125px
great
>>
>>87802341
CLOWN'D
>>
>>87802421
HONKED
>>
File: 1493046515902.png (39KB, 183x235px) Image search: [Google]
1493046515902.png
39KB, 183x235px
>>87802068
Is there anything this actor cant do?
>>
>>87791880
>dude im so scared of clown lmao XD
>Me too, they are so creepy XDDD
>>
>>87793225
>If it's making a lot of money is good
Just like McDonald's, or Minecraft, or spinners...
>>
>>87800998
fucking hell, opening that picture from the spoiler legit startled me IRL.
>>
>>87798282
Making changes to the original source is not always bad, just look at The Shining
>>
>>87803327
Loved how King was assblasted about it
>>
>>87801434
Pseudo intellectuals like you, who think the box office means quality, fuck off you reddit faggot
>>
>>87803716
>being this assmad
Pathetic if I'm honest
>>
>>87792221
Theres a lot of underage in here.
>>
>>87803763
>not replying with an actual argument
Worst than pathetic IMO
>>
>>87803550
And still it was better than his book
>>
>>87803936
It is + I loved The Mist ending
>>
>>87791880
theater was packed desu, it was a fun watch and it would have been better if I have had a gf next to me
>>
>Friday #BoxOffice estimates: @ITMovieOfficial $19.2m; #AmericanAssassin @VinceFlynnFilm $5.76m; @MotherMovie $3.1m http://imdb.to/2wwLsMK
>>
>>87791880
I fuckin love when /tv/ is wrong lads.
>>
>>87792309

It's 14A in Canada.

Lotta fucking teens in the theatre last night including some dumb cunts who simply refused to stop talking through the entire show despite being told to shut up multiple times.

that said. The movie really suffered for having as many jokes as it did. The characters were saying what they audience would say while watching the movie rather than what they would say if they were actually in the situation.

When Richie and Bill open the door to see a legless betty, it's a cool scene. When Richie opens his fat fucking mouth .5 seconds later to say "where the fucking are her fucking legs?" the tension evaporates. The whole first encounter with Pennywise in the wellhouse is retarded too, as they go there completely unprepared with no plan and become the most gullible retards despite all knowing IT's schtick at that point. It was a fun movie but there were some serious pacing issues and whoever wrote the dialog did their fucking best to kill the tension at every turn.
>>
>>87791880

>People surprised at how many stupid fucking teenage/early 20s girls there are that will go to this with their boyfriends.

That's like being surprised when any fucking James Waan movie makes money, or the fucking 50 shades movies. Women have shit taste in movies and will go to one and think its good entirely because of a 40 seconds 'Now This' clip on facebook that says "THIS IS GONNA BE THE MOST SPOOKENEST MOVIE EVER"
>>
>>87791880
https://youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
>>
>>87793121

Is this guy fucking retarded?
>>
File: 1497706592176.jpg (5KB, 250x234px) Image search: [Google]
1497706592176.jpg
5KB, 250x234px
>>87792221
>>
>needing two parts for one movie

umm excuse me? we only needed 1 movie for the first IT
>>
>>87805261
the book is a 1000+ pages and split between two time periods. You have to be retarded if you think they can fit all that into a 2 hour movie
>>
>>87805261
The first IT was a two-part TV miniseries, pleb.
>>
>>87799761
They should cast Terry Davis to play adult Henry
>"I've got you now you CIA RETARD NIGGER"
>>
>>87791880
wewlad

>>87791931
>Betty Ripson's bisected body
>closer look at Georgie's stump in the sewer
>gouts of blood
It wasn't the goriest thing ever, but it definitely deserved its R-rating. Even with all the copious teenage swearing removed.
>>
>>87792276
Nigger how could there be tension if you've already read the book and know who lives and who dies? That's not the point.
>>
>>87792382
This. We've been desensitized.
>>
>>87791931
I'm real sick of horror movies, getting PG-13 ratings...
>>
>>87791880
>american r-rated films

Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>87796816
Fukanaga's script was hot garbage. Did you even read it?
>>
>>87797408
Turtle's dead nigga. Stupid faggot choked on a galaxy and died inside its shell. Don't even ask me how it managed to do that.
>>
It just made another $20 million yesterday and is gonna pass $300 million this weekend
>>
>>87798282
He shouldn't have been such a pretentious faggot. The movie was about the novel, not his own faggy art project.

>>87798630
90% of it is Pennywise being Pennywise. Historical flashbacks. Good adult actors with some actual chemistry. Bev's tits.
>>
>>87799406
How's it floating faggot?

>>87799761
I'm disappointed we didn't get at least one nigger. They got away with it in the 90s TV miniseries.
>>
>>87801130
Try it for yourself, anon. Cover half of his face and see where his eye is looking. Then do it with the other side and see where that eye looks.
He sees you, anon.
>>
>>87798630
Almost completely rewrite the fucker.
>>
>>87800700
cute froggo
>>
>>87801806
He has a lazy eye but the actor knows how to keep it in check. By relaxing his eye muscle he can make it go lazy like that.

>>87801570
>one of Pennywise's eyes are still bloodshot from being stabbed with the iron bar in the Neibolt house showing how the kids truly managed to hurt IT
I love the little details
>>
>>87802341
Cool art, gonna make a custom cover for my It book with it
>>
>>87791931
>hmph! it's making money because it's secretly a PG-13 movie in disguised in a Rating that doesn't allow for maximum profit! The Fiends!
>>
>>87803327
Except Kubrick actually knew what he was doing.
>>
>>87791901
Move dem goalposts.
>>
>>87804715
>It's 14A in Canada
Nope, it's R. Or 18A
>>
>>87806577
Post 3 pictures or videos where he's keeping the eye in check.
>>
>high concept movie comes out when there is literally no other interesting competition

>WOW GUYS IT DID GREAT THAT MEANS ITS A QUALITY FLICK NVM THAT THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE INTERESTING OUT

It was trash senpai
>>
>>87792122
[citation needed]
>>
File: l1.gif (1MB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
l1.gif
1MB, 218x218px
>>87792401
>>
>>87792055
What a hilarious way to reveal how pleb you are.
>>
>>87792556
You're literally an underage liar to say that The Exorcist didn't fuck plenty of people up. I'll even give you my own age, 27.
>>
>>87792219
The thing???? Drag me to hell? C'mon anon
>>
>>87806733
Or you can go and rewatch the movie for yourself. But namely it's the scenes where he's running at the camera.
>>
>>87807086
It didn't scare me at all. It's a great movie, but some people just don't find horror movies scary.
>>
>>87802798
>>87803716
>>87804933
>>87806309
>>87806321
>>87806808
>/tv/ is still THIS assblasted that they were so horribly wrong
Top kek
>>
>>87807148
Best feeling in the world is watching the obnoxious shitheads on this board eat their words.
>>
>>87798373
I clearly remember people hyping this shit up at the very beginning of 2017 at least. It's effectively been hyped all year long if not even longer.
>>
>>87798282
Fukunaga got booted because he refused to change anything in the movie, which included sex stuff with the kids, which he was told the kids agents and parents wouldn't accept

So he got booted
>>
I think there is a resurgence of anti-normism because at this point in time /tv/ has not yet learned how to be reasonable. And I think we are going to be part of the throes of that transformation, which must take place. /tv/ is not going to be the contrarian board it once was in the last few years. Crossposters are going to be at the center of that. It’s a huge transformation for /tv/ to make. They are now going into a cultured, tasteful mode and crossposters will be resented because of our leading role. But without that leading role and without that transformation, /tv/ will not survive.
>>
>>87792291
Old horror movies were just as shitty if not even more so. There are plenty of suspenseful horror films today. Alien is a suspenseful movie but it also contains a shitload of jumpscares.
>>
>>87798373
You don't remember DRIDER threads, Leto Joker comparison threads? The early threads with leaked still like the decapitated children's heads floating down the stream? The first trailer becoming the most viewed film trailer ever?

Film was always a talking point.
>>
>>87799586
The attribute part of the screenplay to him in the opening credits.
>>
>>87792152
Take out Georgie altogether and put Bev in God Tier and we have a deal.
>>
>>87791880
King cinematic universe when?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.