[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this show worth watching? i've been checking it out on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: twin.jpg (69KB, 382x288px) Image search: [Google]
twin.jpg
69KB, 382x288px
is this show worth watching? i've been checking it out on netflix but i heard that the ending sucks and I think david lynch is a hack.
>>
>>87779992
the ending does suck ass. Why couldnt david just give us the happy end and the win and put this show to rest. Fuck you Lynch
>>
>>87779992
First season=yes
Second season=up to episode 9/10, then skip the middle since Lynch/Frost left and start watching again on Episode 20.
The final episode of season 2 is the best one.

FWWM is a good movie.

And the third season is amazing.
>>
>>87779992
>is this show worth watching?
>I think david lynch is a hack
>>
File: 1488361125746.jpg (141KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1488361125746.jpg
141KB, 717x880px
>>87780079
>>
>>87780096
you dont have to pretend hes good noone knows your identity so you dont look smarter for sucking his cock
>>
It's a lot of hours of eye candy and not much else. Don't bother paying attention to any of the plot.
>>
>>87780079
>And the third season is amazing.
aaaand you lost me
>>
>>87779992
The first two seasons definitely are. They're not for everyone but they're pretty accessible. The ending doesn't 'suck' per se, in fact it's a great episode, but you might not get the satisfaction you're looking for. The show is still 100% worth watching regardless.

As for the revival/season 3... your mileage may vary. Personally I thought it was a waste of time but it gets a lot of love here and it was critically praised. Just know that it's absolutely not a retread of seasons 1 and 2 if you watch them and want to see more.
>>
>>87780026
Have you watched Eraserhead or Mullholland Drive? He leaves literally everything with a question mark
>>
>>87780026
But interpreting Part 18 as an abstract representation of Judy being defeated is the only interpretation that makes sense.
>>
>>87779992
It's a literal soap opera written by David Lynch. I don't get why people love this shit. I watched both seasons and it's just a fucking soap opera with a few quirky characters and bizarre dream sequences sometimes.
>>
>>87780783
that's pretty close-minded. and I don't see how that bleak and depressing credits sequence following the scream is supposed to cheer anyone up.
>>
File: lynched.jpg (20KB, 284x423px) Image search: [Google]
lynched.jpg
20KB, 284x423px
>>87780829
>>
Why does /tv/ hate the revival so much?
>>
>>87780930
/tv/ is being contrarian now since it's over. Lmfao fags. But yeah the ending of the revival is shit
>>
>>87779992

Honestly, I hate Lynch. I think he's a try-hard hack, but too many people I respect tend to praise him. Especially David Wallace and Kubrick. So I've resolved myself to accepting that perhaps I am a pleb and his shit really is 2deep4me.
>>
>>87780829

its not written by david lynch, he only directed like 8 episodes, he more likely "idealized" it with mark frost while they also had bunch of writers recruited
>>
>>87780930

more like mixed review. Its easy to understand why lot of people are pissed off after return
>>
If you're a fan of lovecraft you should. Lots of Lovecraftian-esque imagery in the show.
>>
>>87781037
99% of this board hated the return. that's no mixed review.
>>
>>87781037
The ending is a hack job and almost kills the previous 16/17 episodes. Other than that it's well done.
>>
>>87781068
Lmao kys yourself
>>
>>87781159
it's the truth you cunt
>>
File: lynched.jpg (265KB, 919x688px) Image search: [Google]
lynched.jpg
265KB, 919x688px
ITT: turbo normies who don't understand kino.
The revival was top 3 thing lynch has ever done, you guys, the critics and the normies don't understand shit.
why no /tpg/?
>>
>>87780988
They were probably just speaking kindly of an acquaintance.
>>
>>87779992
Season 1 is Amazing.
Season 2 is great until the killer is reveal then it becomes shit until the last episode which is incredible.
Season 3 is good but if you like the first 2 seasons it may not be for you since it is dramatically different. I didn't care much for the ending of this season and I wished it had more focus on the characters, new and old, but it was still a wild ride.
Fire Walk with Me is also a great movie and should be watched between seasons 2 and 3.
>>
>>87780079
>skipping anything

the mark of a true pleb
>>
>>87781068
The new season was great, don't know why people expected a proper ending to it, fucking noobs have never seen anything from Lynch before.
>>
>>87781328

Both are notorious for being blunt. They both praised him. That's a far cry from being diplomatic especially for them.
>>
>>87781376
every single Lynch movie has a conclusive and satisfying ending
Name one plot thread that is left open in any movie made by Lynch
>>
>>87781535
the entirety of mulholland drive
>>
>>87779992
Then you are wasting your time. It's your own fault if you hate it.
>>
>>87780930
>>87781068
What the hell happened while I was gone? When I left a week ago /tv/ was unanimously in agreement that the revival was kino and the finale was amazing.
>>
>>87781587
Maybe you're fucking retarded, ever considered that?
Mulholland Drive takes place within the dream of Diane, she sent an assassin after her lover Rita after she dumped her to fuck producers and further her career. In the dream, everything is subverted, Diane is an innocent girl and Rita lost her memory and falls in love with her, and the assassin is a dumb fuck who fails at everything. When Diane/Betty wakes up, she realizes what she has done, guilt overcomes her and she kills herself. How is it inconclusive and open ended? There's nothing left to tell after that point.
Even Inland Empire, the most abstract Lynch movie (arguably more than Eraserhead) has a conclusion that wraps the story up on an emotional level, regardless of what your theory about the movie's plot is.
I think most people only watched the return and claim to be hardcore Lynch fans at this point
>>
>>87781747
perhaps you were dreaming

/tv/ has never liked this show
>>
Fuck you

Her demon possessed dad killed her

The demon possesses the FBI agent at the end
>>
>>87779992
The ending is cool though.
>>
>>87781535
Inland empire
>>
>>87780973
The "fake" ending (in Part 17) is shit. The true ending in ep18 is kino.
>>
>>87781747
It's a loud minority shitposting. The Return was gold.
>>
>>87781854
point out which storyline from Inland Empire is open ended
abstract doesen't mean open ended, Inland Empire has a thorough conclusion
>>
>>87781535
this. apparently these people have never seen Fire Walk With Me because that was definitely conclusive. It's not that much to ask for to have 48 episode series to have something of a conclusion
>>
>>87780930
Not the revival itself, the waves of newfags who started watching just so they could shitpost in twin peaks threads

they used to be the only good threads on this board, now the general is a fucking pit of retardation
>>
File: Phillip_Jeffries_(2010s).jpg (119KB, 916x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Phillip_Jeffries_(2010s).jpg
119KB, 916x1032px
Season 1: good, probably the simplest and best season.
First half of Season 2: on par with Season 1
Second half of Season 2: loses focus and is a normie-tier soap opera
End of Season 2: god tier kino
FWWM: Kino with a capital K

Season 3: kino in some areas, but also a jumble of loosely connected scenes, with a weird and disturbing conclusion. Feels like Lynch took all his previous movies and mixed them all together. Definitely worth watching, but is vastly different to the first 2 seasons.
>>
>>87780079
FWWM was a bad movie, but I agree with everything else, including the skipping.
>>
>>87781810
You're an asshole man. I should have been like everyone else and just ignored you because all you wan't is attention (You). That being said, Twin Peaks isn't for plot babbies anyway. This isn't some after credits WTF Marvel moment, nothin personell kid.
>>
File: leap.jpg (34KB, 610x330px) Image search: [Google]
leap.jpg
34KB, 610x330px
>>87782062
I unironically believe that FWWM is the best part of Twin Peaks, if not Lynch's best film.

>excellent acting
>great music throughout
>world feels grounded and real, moreso than Season 3
>legitimate film about the nature of abuse
>movie works on 2 levels and has an interesting meta-narrative interwoven
>feels like a proper conclusion to the series, even though it wraps up nothing

Maybe I just have bad taste, though.
>>
>>87781902
But twin peaks isn't open ended, all the pieces are there we just need to connect them
>>
>>87782166
It got 7.2 om IMDb so yes you have bad taste
>>
>>87779992
Original is the best TV around. The revival is good but the ending makes it all seem pointless.
>>
>>87782062

FWWM is a masterpiece

>>87782361

>using other peoples opinions to make your point

baby
>>
>>87779992
lynch is a hack. this series was just endless "do something quirky with your lines".

half the shit in the series was from filming mistakes. Like bob's first appearance. the guy that plays bob was just film crew trying to stay out of the shot. Lynch liked it and kept him in the shot.
>>
>>87780783
Judy can't be defeated. It's the negative fighting the positive force.
>>
File: ITSYOURFATHER.webm (2MB, 800x422px) Image search: [Google]
ITSYOURFATHER.webm
2MB, 800x422px
>>87782166
FWWM gave us more of the two best actors on the show, and for that it's the best part.
>>
>>87780134
t.reddit
>>
>>87782334
>Why were people expecting a conclusion from David "resolution is for losers" Lynch????
>All of Lynch's works have a satisfying conclusion though
>WELL TWIN PEAKS DOES TOO!!!
I'm arguing with literal retards good to know
>>
File: IMG_2641.gif (1000KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2641.gif
1000KB, 480x270px
>>87780079
>third season is amazing
>>
>>87786453
how does it feel to have such shit taste?
>>
>>87780930
We grew out of our avant-teen phase and realized Lynch's work is actually not that great
>>
>>87781207
>The revival was top 3 thing lynch has ever done
That's still pretty subpar
>>
>>87786506
You tell me anon
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.