[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT films made for shit tasting idiots and the pleb masses that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

ITT films made for shit tasting idiots and the pleb masses that shit up every website online

La La Land
The Revenant
Birdman
Interstellar
Inception
Arrival
The Social Network
10 Cloverfield Lane
Drive
NEon Demon
Donnie Darko
Ex Machina
CAP AMERICA winter soldier
The Dark Knight
Moonlight
Sicario
Prisoners
Easy A
Scott Pilgrim
Wonder Woman
Pacific Rim
>>
>>87719342
great thread op
>>
he likes your plan chief
>>
OP is...NOT a faggot. I agree 100%
>>
>>87719342
not a single bad movie, thanks for the list op
>>
>>87719342
Revenanat is a great film way above the rest posted.
cloverfield, Sicario and Drive are good.
>>
>>87719362
>>87719377
Thanks guys
>>87719445
Most of them are straight up garbage for plebs who watch capeshit like you. None are good
>>
>>87719490
>10 cloverpleb lane is good
Go back
>>
>>87719342

Hello

I'll agree with everything bar The Revenant. The sheer emotional force of this film separates it from all the rest. I remember going to the cinema to watch it, was a bit hungover and skeptical to say the least, but was leaving the screening weak at the knees. Please remove The Revenant from the list you have posted.

Thanks.
>>
>>87719342
Kys
>>
>>87719342
Cloverfield lane, Sicario and Drive were good.
>>
>>87719574
I literally had to bite my tongue to keep myself awake during the Revenant and I have no problem with long slow moving films like 2001 space odyssey or Once upon a time in america
>>
>>87719574
Ill consider it but some part of me thinks inarritu is a tryhard and with this a tarkovsky hack. The cinematgraphy detracted from the realness almost with the long take making it feel scripted and pretentious rather than filmlike.

>>87719599
You have the taste of a girl
>>
>>87719342
The Social Network is good and La La Land is quite a relevant musical for the state of the times. Besides the fact of how ideally it portrays LA which in reality is more than 50% Latino.
>>
>>87719342
>itt popular movies of the recent years
>>
>>87719574
lol revenant is well shot but it's pretentious as fuck with no real substance just like birdman, inarritu is a hack
>>
Can't say I agree, watched some of the movies listed and I liked them, so fuck you.
Also, weird that you lump main Oscarbait 2016 with the others. Other than your opinion, I don't see similarities.
Well maybe "2deep4u", but the scott piligrim, ww and Pacific Rim will fall off.

Anyway, speaking of Arrival, I'm late for the party and watched it for the first time the other day. What was the point of space squids? The movie is not about ayys, it's about Louise. I feel like that there are two separate movies stitched together for some reason.
>>
>>87719543
It's good until it veers into JJ's fanfiction
>>
>>87719700
>>87719700
You think superhero movies are the only shit movies being praised by """""""""people"""""""""" over the years?
>>
>>87719342
I'll trade you IT for Birdman
>>
>>87719749
Nah it is reddit the entire time. Mew a shit.
>>
File: pepereeee.jpg (21KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
pepereeee.jpg
21KB, 500x422px
>>87719786
>Mew a shit.
>>
>>87719729
The fags who like that shit like wonder woman pleb lane and arrival like nolan and the others.
>>
>>87719729
The ayylmaos and the science were only plot devices for the actual narrative of the mother-daughter relationship. It is by no means a "hard sci fi" movie about aliens.

The opening and the ending sequences are about their relationship.
All the major scenes are intercut with it.
And even when it's in the present narrative it's either a heavy close up of Amy Adams for half the movie or a camera placement of her characters point of view.

But the ayylmaos were necessary for that narrative to be delivered, on the surface it seems like the film deals with them but in reality it's all about Louise and her daughter.
>>
>>87719810
You seem like a highly eloquent intellectual individual. You forgot to mention reddit kino imdb etc
>>
>>87719661
I found the greatest pleasure in the rollercoaster of quick paced action scenes (brilliantly shot to my taste) and ethereal prolonged tarkovsky-esque scenes of nature and protagonist wandering around. The changes in the pacing totally subverted my expectations and were imo masterfully placed. Thats why I was a bit dissapointed with the last act, where the pacing smoothed into an average western rhythm. So even if some of the parts of the film were a bit too fast or slow, and I heard this from a lot of people, the way they are assembled in the final movie was very masterful.
>>
>>87719879
Fair enough, compared to the others the revenant is at the least decent
>>
>>87719342
You leave Drive out of this you gay cunt
>>
>>87719342
Wow...

This is the first time someone makes a thread like this, listing films for the pleb, on which I agree 100%

Good jop, OP. Truly

to be fair I do like The Dark Knight,
Revenant, Sicario and Drive, but I know they aren't even in the top 1000 films made until now list
>>
File: checkmate.png (524KB, 750x616px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.png
524KB, 750x616px
>>87719879
Checkmate asshole, capeshit is getting better score than this cliche pile of crap
>>
>>87720017
Thanks mate
>>
>>87719755
I wouldn't know, I avoid many of the modern films unless I hear something good about them.
>>
>>87720451
You probably watch 80% or worse trash then. Yes they do.
>>
>>87719342
(You)

Bad movies =/= pleb movies. Refns social autism results in one but precludes the other. That is all.
>>
Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened
>>
>>87719342
Agreed, but without:
Interstellar
Inception
10 Cloverfield Lane
Donnie Darko
Ex Machina
>>
>>87720566
Those movies are bad movies praised by plebs there's no way around it.
>>
>>87719342
>the revenant
hollow screenplay but it was beautiful to watch
>birdman
tremendous performances and nice commentary on current hollywood trends
>interstellar
bogged down by some of nolan's tedious dialogue and stupid ideas but it's not terrible
>inception
this one i can kind of agree but don't tell me you didn't think the spinning hallway scene was kino
>arrival
classy and accurate portrayal of the short story, nice fleshed out concepts. the alien scenes are terrific
>the social network
for the most part, it is fictional but it's an informative film that delves into the inner workings of business and entrepreneurship
>10 cloverfield lane
this was good until the last 10 minutes. the last 10 minutes was the biggest slap in the face ive ever felt from a film
>drive
a stylistic neo-noir, with some great action sequences and subtle performances
>donnie darko
i think this was a fluke by the director/writer but gyllenhaal does well in it, although i dont think the movie makes much sense, but at least it's true and consistent to itself
>ex machina
one of the more thorough films that ask the question of ai and consciousness. absolutely great visual effects and performances by all involved
>captain america
agreed, retarded capeshit
>the dark knight
over burdened by the fact it tries to be so much more than capeshit but ultimately is still capeshit. heath ledger was good though
>sicario
well paced crime drama that begs the question whether judicial corruption is actually needed even though it can be seen as ethically or morally wrong
>prisoners
i just remember hugh jackman gave a fucking great performance in this
>easy a
watched this once about 6 years ago, dont remember it. amanda bynes suicide note i think
>scott pilgrim
haven't seen it but im a fan of edgar wright, he has a good eye
>wonder woman
>pacific rim
>moonlight
>lalaland
>neon demon
haven't seen these
>>
>>87720605
You dont know plebs then. There's no way around it.

I live and know plebs. They dont fucking watch Refn because 30 minutes in there is like 3 lines of dialogue, every character acts wooden, scenes last forever in flashing neon light, and theres fucking scenes og necrophilia, cannibalism, and implied knife rape.

I get that you want attention but you're simply wrong. Its just not special to complain about thr obvious movies like transformers or capeshit etc.
>>
>>87720715
>arrival
>classy

>birdman
>tremendous performances
Only keaton

Stopped reading there
>>
All those movies are basically "genre movies for people who don't like that genre of movies".
>>
>>87719342
The witch
>>
>>87720761
>only keaton
did you forget about amy ryan, naomi watts, edward norton and zach galifianakis?
>>
>>87719342
ITT: I'm smarter than you
>>
>>87720751
I pulled these from a pleb roasties fav list on letterboxd
>>87720836
Norton was the only other worthwhile one you tremendous faggot
>>
>>87720890
i disagree, i thought galifianakis gave quite a heartfelt performance, the same with naomi watts. amy ryan had more of an enigmatic role but she had a strong presence and influence on keaton's character
>>
>>87720978
Nope it was birdshit
>>
>>87721014
well i respect your opinion even if it is a vulgar one
>>
>>87720715
>>sicario
>well paced crime drama that begs the question whether judicial corruption is actually needed even though it can be seen as ethically or morally wrong
Not OP, but the problem isn't that. The problem is that the way its directed, and the cinematography. are all wrong

It's a nu-male version of a neo-western
>>
>>87721148
it's not a western at all, it's a crime drama, like i indicated in my post. the direction and cinematography give it a quite a distinct narrative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhHwgDAM8uU

hell or high water is an example of a neo-western which is done exceptionally well but im not even going to start comparing hell or high water with sicario as they are completely different.
>>
>>87720784
You're... not wrong.
>>
>>87721216
True, but the setting of the film in the west make it expecting to have Western tones, or at least an hot, arid, crude athmosphere, that it fails to achieve.

Sicario is basically Narcos done wrong
>>
all modern movies, including the ones in the OP are basically capeshit, even the ones purported to be high brow
>>
>>87720784
tl.dr: the nu-male version of a genre
>>
>>87721269
nah it's more like Traffic. i do see how the environment it's set in may muddle its tone but i suppose the story demanded that setting.
>>
dark knight is actually good 9/10 probably the best superhero movie anyone will ever make(superhero movies are dog shit)
intersteller is ok maybe 7/10
inception is ok maybe 7/10
birdman wasnt bad, 7/10
arrival was a good movie 8/10
everything else is trash
>>
>>87721306
But Traffic does make you feel like you are in the Mexican-American frontier. Sicario makes you feel at a drive-in, at best
>>
>>87719342

I actually agree to an extent with OP.

The films in his list are actually mostly well made and decent, but they are put on a pedestal by inferior minds, and purported to be much better than they actually are.

In saying that, Dark Knight is excellent and is worthy of the praise it gets, and Winter Soldier is the obvious high mark of the mediocre MCU. The Revenant is also very good.
>>
File: marionette.jpg (286KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
marionette.jpg
286KB, 900x1273px
>>87722332
>but they are put on a pedestal by inferior minds
which you pay attention to. really opens up the woke side of the cerebellum
>>
>>87719342
>La La Land
didn't see
>The Revenant
great
>Birdman
great
>Interstellar
great
>Inception
great
>Arrival
great
>The Social Network
great
>10 Cloverfield Lane
great
>Drive
overrated
>NEon Demon
shit
>Donnie Darko
great
>Ex Machina
great
>CAP AMERICA winter soldier
overrated
>The Dark Knight
great
>Moonlight
didn't see
>Sicario
overrated
>Prisoners
great
>Easy A
shit
>Scott Pilgrim
didn't see
>Wonder Woman
didn't see probably shit
>Pacific Rim
completely garbage
>>
>>87719342
I usually go against contrarian opinions here but every movie you named was shit. I only really liked Birdman because the camera gimmick provided entertainment value. Every other movie you named is barely a step above capeshit.
>>
>>87719342
god bless you op, ofcourse reddit will disagree
>>
>>87719342
>ITT only Real Intellectuals™ are allowed
You're worse than the audience that eat that shit up.
>>
I bet you think Pickle Rick is funny.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.