[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't seen this film yet but everyone who mentions it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

Haven't seen this film yet but everyone who mentions it calls it the best cowboy film of all time.How can that be if everyone looks so old and won't be able to do any action scenes? Also looks a bit edgy from the poster.

Should I give it a tray and watch it or is it trash?
>>
>everyone who mentions it calls it the best cowboy film of all time

not really
>>
It's not really a cowboy movie. It's more a deconstruction of violence in cinema. Kinda like Inglorious Bastards. Don't watch it if you're a pleb or you won't get it.
>>
>>87697807
From what you wrote I reckon is not for you.
>>
>release 1992
>current year 2017
>not watched it because the poster looks edgy

Try killing yourself.
>>
>>87697873
>It's more a deconstruction of violence in cinema.
How so? In showing that the reality of violence is far removed from glorified tales of it?
>>
>>87697807
>everyone looks so old and won't be able to do any action scenes

The action scenes are just shooting guns at each other. Not really something you need to be in shape for.
>>
>>87697965
>In showing that the reality of violence is far removed from glorified tales of it?
Yes
>>
>>87697965
By showing the guy who kills everyone else is not always the good guy like in most movies.
>>
File: sh.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sh.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Watched it recently, pretty good. I'm gonna watch the dollars trilogy next, haven't seem them in many years.

>which one of you fellas owns this shithole
>>
>>87698091

but he was the good guy in this town
>>
>>87698156
Explain?
>>
>>87698091
>>87698156
I think the point was he was just a guy who wanted $500 for what he thought was an easy job. Morally in the middle.
>>
I want a movie about what Munny did when he was younger. that sounds interesting.
>>
>>87697807
watch it, it's the best cowboy film of all time
>>
>>87698196

He went to kill the people who disfigured some whore who the local justice let of with a small fine right?

He is fighting on the side of women essentially but from what we know of him he just wants the money because his farm is shit
>>
>>87697807
Definitely the best Western film for me. Completely changes the perspective of the being the good guy means killing a bunch of people.
>>
>>87697965
>hardened killer is exactly that, a hard man with little to no moral code, movie never plays him as a 'hero'
>cocky kid who wants to be like him gets his first kill, immediately drops out of bounty hunting and is obviously fucked up for life

Unforgiven is fucking great.
>>
>>87698324
But remember he was told she had her eyes cut out and fingers/tits cut off too.

Also you can clearly see the shock on the women's faces at the end when they see the monster they unleashed on the town, killing the only lawmen they had.
>>
Why was Lex Luthor in the old west?
>>
>>87698400

Women are stupid, who is arguing against this?

In his mind he has done the right thing, probably the only right thing he has ever done as a hired gun.
>>
>>87698324
Whores are not people and besides, doing justice on their own is not legal. Plus, the horses they were giving to the whore more than made up for her wounds.
>>
>>87698324
>>87698400
Biggest redpill of the film is that women are the most evil of all.

Especially whores.
>>
>>87698460
He wasn't there for the money/women you fool.

He was there to kill every cunt in the saloon for what they did to his partner Ned. Pure revenge killing nothing else.
>>
>>87698516

and the reason he and Ned was there in the first place was money which the whores were providing for there own personal justice.
>>
>>87698545
Ned chickened out, the kid got scared and Munny didnt really want to do it.
>>
Japanese Unforgiven >>>> Eastwoods Unforgiven

Not being a weeb, but the jap version brings his own spin of the fall of the feudal system into the story.

And Watanabe is COLOSSAL in it. Literally one of his best performances EVER!
>>
>>87698584
>Need chickened

Learning from your past mistakes and not wanting to make them again isn't chickening out.
>>
>>87698584

I'm drunk anon I have no idea what were arguing about or the actual plot line of the movie. But I think Munny was coming to some conclusions in the movie about himself and the murder of Ned tipped him over the edge back into the guy he was.
>>
>>87698156
By killing the sheriff and all the guys who could develop the town with their work?
>>
well it killed the genre
>>
>>87698783

He kills what 5 at most? and tells the rest to leave if they dont want to die, behave
>>
>>87698886

Spaghrtti westerns "killed" it. And by killing it meaning letting it peak.

Same as Hongkong action cinema of the 80s killed the hard-boiled action genre as a whole. This shit it still light years ahead of everything. I mean Predator and Commando are fine and all but nothing beats the shit the chinks put out back in those days.
>>
>>87697807
I enjoy it. You can kind of watch it as the forth Fistful of Dollars movie, where he's an old man now and doesn't do that shit anymore.
>>
>>87698038
There were also a lot of little details in that movie. I remember there was scene where the sheriff said that being able to draw quickly doesn't actually matter as much as being able to aim. Then in the final action sequence all of the deputies panic and miss their shots. Normally in a cowboy movie it's all about drawing the gun quickly but here that gets everyone killed
>>
>>87698516
You aren't supposed to feel bad for Ned. He was a killer and he got caught. But because the role was played by a grandfather figure like Morgan Freeman you thought it was unfair. You're so easy to manipulate /pol/ and this movie proves it brillantly.
>>
>>87699189
I never felt bad for him. I'm just stating that Ned's death was the motivation of Will to go into town and kill the Sheriff and his deputies, not the women or the money.
>>
>>87699287
I think he just wanted to go on some random rant about /pol/, maybe something he read in another thread triggered him so he unleashed his bullshit on you.
>>
>>87698641
Wait there's a japanese rendition of unforgiven with Ken Watanabe? Why have I never heard of this
>>
>>87698374
It's not that hard to get to be honest. Is IB supposed to be a deconstruction, I didn't get, though? I found the fact the audience enjoyed violence on screen that much a bit ironic, but nothing else hinted that IMO.
>>87698374
The last scene is like something magical too. The whole movie you only hear about numerous of stories of epic shootouts and only see clamsy violence and when the "epic" shootout finally comes there's nothing to be proud of, the protagonist is completely apathetic. It's an awesome film.
>>
>>87698151
Few Dollars More > Fistful > TGBU
>>
>>87699415
nah Fistful is the weakest, FDM and TGBU are on the same level
>>
>>87699090
nope, because unforgiven was relevant

after it, no western became relevant again
>>
>>87699338
>>87698641
I haven't seen the jap movie yet, but one of the greatest strenghts of the original is Clint starring in a role that is the "realistic" and bleak version of the Man with no name.
>>
literally the best anti-western ever made, 10 better than spaghetti shit.
>>
>>87697807
I only saw it once and I didn't get what was so great about it.
I don't remember much about it but I think I didn't like it because I'm only interested in characters who are murderous psychopaths when they're entertaining
>>
>>87699415
> >
<*
>>
>>87699460
I can respect this

I just don't like when someone spouts off that TGBU is the best movie when it's more of an assortment of loosely related cowboy stories
>>
>>87698400
>But remember he was told she had her eyes cut out and fingers/tits cut off too.

i heard the word 'cunny' for the first time in this movie
>>
>>87697807
Watch it, its probably my favorite western. The climax is superb, there's great acting all around, and it does a great job of showing a more realistic/less glorified side to the wild west.
>>
>>87701139
Me too actually. I've been watching this movie since I was a kid so it took me a while.
>>
>>87699460
Good taste
>>
>>87697807

Is that the one with Sharon Stone in it? You should watch that one.
>>
>>87697807
I do like the film but I would say Open Range is a better one, although Unforgiven is quite good for 1992
>>
>>87702289
nah, you're thinking of The Quick and the Dead
>>
The screenplay is phenomenal. It's the kind of script that makes writers insane with jealousy.
>>
I think this movie is a lot better if you've already seen a lot of spaghetti westerns. If you watch this before seeing the dollars trilogy and most of Clint Eastwoods own westerns, it just won't be as great.
>>
Watch Ken Watanabe's Unforgiven too. Literally the same fucking Kino. I like it more.
>>
>>87702754
Decent movie
Raimi western kino
>>
>>87697807
It's not a great western per se. The Wild Bunch or The Good, The Bad and the Ugly are the two contenders for best genre western. Unforgiven is for fans of Westerns. Munney is a sociopathic killer but not without feelings for his kids, wife, friend. See Heat and Thief by Mann.
>>
It also gets to the heart of the matter, i.e. what it takes to kill professionally. Dutch Courage and a lot of it. The role of alcohol in killing is a constant refrain and for anyone who has read a little into the history of "irregular warfare", banditry or human conflict prior to the 18th century you will recognize the intention of the script is to demystify murder and depict it for it is.
>>
>>87697965
basically an old retired cold blooded killer comes out of retirement for one last job, its revelaed that all his triumphs were due to dumb luck and underhandedness and the few killing that happens is dishonorabel and messy.

then at the end when the hero is ready to go back into retirement he wigs out and goes aggro on a bunch of people proving that he is still the cold blooded killer he always was

people never change. Bretty gud I'd check out
>>
Dat warning at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv_cBlJHW98

The music, the scene, the acting, just wonderful.
>>
What most people don't understand about Westerns is that they take place AFTER the American Civil War. The American Civil War was an even watched by every civillized nation because at the time there was no country like America in the world. All Westerns have for their b.g. the American Civil War. Westerns represent an atavism, a pre-uniform era (the uniform was in its original form the "unifom" clothing worn by the servants of the ancient regime) and that is why Japanese love Westerns and relate them to Samurai culture before Mejie restoration and vice versa. The last gasp of the warrior (noble) class before being destroyed by the rising mercantile elite.
>>
Hijacking this thread for a request, where the fuck can I get a higher rez image for this? Is this shit fan made or something cause I've been looking for years and must be retarded or something
>>
>>87706121
Just seen the poster for that movie not 2 minutes ago doing a random Google search and forgot they even made it.
>>
A gunfighter or samurai is not a soldier but a warrior, he fights for money or honor, loyalty or love not for country, class or any political cause. See Frankenheimer's Ronin
>>
I watched this about a year ago, it's not THAT good, but it is held up by the chemistry between Freeman and Eastwood and Hackman does a great job as well.
>>
Hackman represents the taming of the west, it's commodification. He is the law but accepts lawlessness in the form of prostitution, his demands are reasonable, his dispensation fair, he is brutal but not a sadist. He beats the shit out of English Bob to send a message, not for personal pleasure. His dying words are that "He was building a house", see another great western The Proposition "I Will civilize this place". The West or Western always mean resistance to the state and organizing principles that attack individuality, freedom and social organization based on commerce as opposed to martial prowess.
>>
>>87703922
>The screenplay is phenomenal.
this desu
it's truely a work of art everyone should read
eastwood managed to do it justice and as a result unforgiven is one of the most well constructed and executed films ever made imo
>>
>>87707950
"He just ain't no carpenter"

Yeah, that line floored me.
>>
>>87707374
https://www.cinematerial.com/movies/unforgiven-i105695/p/rbsjfkv5
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.