[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The new season is not my fav. The jokes suck, but other than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 4chan.jpg (54KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
54KB, 600x350px
The new season is not my fav. The jokes suck, but other than that I can't really tell what's off. Any thoughts?
>>
>>87676765
>but other than that I can't really tell what's off. Any thoughts?
Women writers.
>>
Ricklantis Mixup was the only good episode of the season.

I think it hit a sophomore slump that really divides it from the first two seasons, which had some slump of episodes as well.

I feel the same way about it. Just seems a tad off and not as enjoyable. I still thought despite the memes Pickle Rick, in particular Jaguar, was funny.
>>
The season has been overall really mediocre but hearing the fucking jokes repeated over and over everywhere I go due to the show's growing popularity has killed it for me.
>>
>>87676765
the normies ruined it just like they ruin everything else
>>
>>87676765
the writers waited a long time to get around to making the season and in the process they witnessed the insane amount of hype the show got, which lead to some really fucking meme-y writing. i was hoping we'd only start seeing this shit in s4 but nope.
>>
>>87676815
But half of Bojack Season 4 was written by women writers and it was mostly great.
>>
>>87677942
Half of it is great
>>
>>87676836
This. It was the first episode this season that really felt like Rick and Morty.

None of that non-stop self referential bullshit. No family drama no one cares about. No 9gag-tier le random forced memes like Pickle Rick.
>>
Nah, I don't like Bojack either. The funniest thing is that his head looks like a penis in the intro.
>>
>>87678056
this is kinda what i felt. the first episode actually felt like rick and morty, but after things just started feeling meh. there were some episodes i thought were a bit better but none that really hit the mark.
>>
Pickle Rick sucked. I also feel like that they are missing the depressing existential philosophy that made every joke bittersweet.
>>
That is because the first episode of s3 was supposed to be the last of s2. But it wasn't finished/they weren't satisfied with it, so they made the purge episode instead.
And the ep. being half ready was also the reason for airing it early.
>>
>>87676836
>Pickle Rick, in particular Jaguar, was funny.
It was horrible
>>
You got used to it. That's literally all there is to it. All this talk about the third season being different and off is bullshit. Go back and watch S1 and S2, there were plenty of weak episodes. And if you turned your critical eye to the first two seasons you'd find that the quality hasn't changed much if at all.
>>
Violence is used as padding instead of comedy now. That's my main gripe.
>>
>I can't really tell what's off.
The funny stupid interaction between R&M and how they acted and were talking is what made the show fun.
It's now completely missing.
>The jokes suck
What jokes, I don't remember any.
>>
I just re-watched the 1st season and every episode is fucking great, except the last one.

s3 plots are too straight-forward, no dark twists or turns.

HEY IM PICKLE RIIIIIICK
>>
I recently rewatched S1 and found the writing kinda boring and not much different from S3, besides the excessive gore.
It's like with the newest episode. While I watched it I liked it but when it ended I realized how boring it actually was.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.