[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think he did it on purpose /tv/? How come someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: 1504763086406.jpg (23KB, 705x412px) Image search: [Google]
1504763086406.jpg
23KB, 705x412px
Do you think he did it on purpose /tv/?
How come someone be that incompetent?
>>
>>87628903
>stage designer accidentally put bullets behind the two of them
>>
>Guy just left a crime scene
>Multiple murders
>Is casually holding his gun in a car in broad daylight
>Is actually pointing his gun at a guy in the back seat who is his friend
>BROAD FUCKING DAYLIGHT
>"Trained hit man"
>>
>No muzzle flash or even a pantomime recoil when Jules shoots Flock of Seagulls

Throws me out everytime.
>>
>>87629019
It's not so bad on repeat viewings, but I remember being completely dumbfounded and taken back to reality when I saw that for the first time.
>>
did you even watch the movie?

>Marvin hired as an informant for Juelz and vince
>Marvin fails to inform them that Jerry Seinfeld is in the bathroom with a revolver
>Marvin not deserving to die
>>
>>87628989
>Is actually pointing his gun at a guy in the back seat who is his friend
Did we watch the same movie?
>>
>>87628989
>"Trained hit man"
its literally shown twice in the movie that hes dumb as shit he doesnt check his gun when go into the apartment and he forgets his only weapon in the apartment of the person he's expecting to come back home on their counter
>>
>>87628989
>trained
more like Marsellus' charity case, t b h

The implication was Vincent was sent to spend some time in fucking Amsterdam to chill because of how useless he is, but Marsellus still keeps him around out of pity. Everyone else gets actual work, Vincent gets to play chaperone to the boss's wife. Marsellus trusts him so little that when they're doing a stakeout for killing Butch, he doesn't trust the man to get coffee right and goes buy it himself. Imagine that, a crime boss going out in the middle of the fucking day because this moron can't handle getting coffee right.

Vincent is a mess.
>>
>>87628989
>who is his friend
the same friend who almost got them killed?
>>
>>87629074
That has nothing to do with what OP asked though. Learn to read.
>>
>>87629109
marvin was hired thats why they took him in the car why else do you think they killed two people in front of him when he could see their face then offer him a ride they knew him
>>
>>87629209
op asked if he killed Marvin on purpose, my answer is yes, because marvin betrayed them. what part of that dont you understand?
>>
>>87629148
>>87629155
These, anyone who thinks Vincent is cool is an underaged redditor
>>
>MUH DEAD NIGGER BRAINS

2edgy4me
>>
>>87629278
I called him a dumbass 10 words in to the post
>>
>>87629155
>doesn't trust Vincent
>trusts him with his wife

You're kind of dumb anon.
>>
>>87629224
The question is literally did Vincent shoot him on purpose? Again, learn to read.
>>
>>87629155
Vincent is a fuck-up, no doubt about it. But for some reason I always took the stakeout thing as Marsellus doing Vince a favor.

As in, "Hey, you really did me a solid by watching Mia for me the other night. How about this, while everybody else looks for Butch we can just chill in his apartment because surely he's not enough of a dumb-fuck to come back here. I'll even get us donuts, my treat."

Might be kind of silly but I like looking at it that way.
>>
>>87629155
Wrong

Vincent goes to Amsterdam to lay low after pulling off a dangerous hit. Marcellus respects Vincent and gives him easy work because Vincent has always had Marcellus' back and now he is being rewarded.

The issue during the timeframe of the film is that Vincent has become a heroin user to cope with his own demons and has gotten sloppy after laying low for so long - thats why he makes mistakes during the film.
>>
>>87629553
Npbp
>>
I'm positive Vincent didn't shoot him on purpose.
The way I see it, Vincent's gun going off was part of some divine intervention similar to how the duo wasn't killed when those bullets were sprayed at them.
>>
>>87629952
Okay Jules
>>
>>87629553
much less interesting or likely than >>87629155
>>
>>87629224
I never caught on to that before. I guess I didn't pay that much attention to that part. Hmmmm
>>
>>87630086
>>87630086
less interesting only because it's a strongly constructed theory and thereby leaves fewer questions unanswered.

and if you think the pity theory is more likely, you're as senseless as the fool who wrote it
>>
>>87630477
Why would a crime boss keep a charity case around?
>>
>>87629952
everyone fucks up almost everything in this movie.
>>
>>87630598
Exactly my point. My theory expresses that Vincent's blunders are only a recent occurrence yet unnoticed by Marsellus. Whereas, the other theory posits that Vincent has always been an incompetent and Marsellus actively pities Vincent.

The question you asked is one raised by the other theory, not mine.
>>
>>87629357
not trusting someone to not fuck up business is different from trusting their moral core
>>
When you look at Tarantino's entire career it becomes obvious that he likes to play with the concept of hardened career criminals being comically (or tragically) inept.

One of the best examples was DeNiro in Jackie Brown.
>>
Vincent was probably on heroin and wasn't paying attention.
>>
File: 1376125086610.png (202KB, 432x520px) Image search: [Google]
1376125086610.png
202KB, 432x520px
>>87629074
>>Marvin fails to inform them that Jerry Seinfeld is in the bathroom with a revolver
>>
File: 1501773207657.jpg (42KB, 750x544px) Image search: [Google]
1501773207657.jpg
42KB, 750x544px
>>87628903
Quintin Tarantino is pure shit.
>>
>>87628903
It was clearly divine intervention, which he was just saying he didn't believe in. It's supposed to be ironic.
>>
>>87630908
what do you think really happened then?
>>
>>87629155

If Marcellus didn't trust Vincent to get coffee, why would he bring him instead of literally anyone else to take care of Butch? That seems retarded.
>>
>>87628903
>How come someone be that incompetent?
He's a heroin user for fuck sake. Does he have to smoke pot for you delusional retards to acknowledge a drug problem?
>>
File: 1428366748175.jpg (62KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1428366748175.jpg
62KB, 640x360px
>>87628903
he hates niggers, both his character and the real Travolta
>>
>>87628903
I would have
>>
>>87629148
>and he forgets his only weapon in the apartment of the person he's expecting to come back home on their counter

They didn't think Butch was coming back to the apartment, they were only waiting there on the off, one in a million chance that he would come back, mainly because that was the only place they even thought had even an iota of a chance that he might return to.

They were pretty positive he wasn't coming back ever, because why the hell would he ever come back? He had no reason to (they didn't know about the watch), they had no reason to wait for him there, but fuck it what else could they do?

This is why Vince leave the gun on the counter when he goes to take a shit, and why Marcellus goes out to get doughnuts.

If you watch Pulp Fiction in order (terrible, but bare with me) it's made super obvious how much of a colossal fuckup Vince is though.
>>
>>87628903
>How come someone be that incompetent?
Guy was constantly nodding off his balls on heroin
>>
>>87628989
>trained hit man

is there some sort of course you can take or something? Assassin trade school? night classes?
>>
File: IMG_2192.png (166KB, 343x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2192.png
166KB, 343x343px
>>87629074
>Jerry Seinfeld
>>
>>87628989
It's just bad writing
>>
I always watch his finger during this scene and it always looks like he was intentionally pulling the trigger.
>>
>>87635205
Gun Safety 101; don't put your finger on the fucking trigger while pointing it at someone unless you wanna kill them! I've never fired a gun in my life and even I know this, though we've pretty much established that Vincent was an absolute moron desu.
>>
>>87629074
That guy literally looks just like seinfeld
>>
>>87635134
>putting retarded characters into a script is bad writing
what did he mean by this
>>
>>87629522
I like this explanation
>>
>>87629074
Damn is it just one of those unspoken codes that everyone refers to revolver guy as Jerry Seinfeld? Friends and I did that too
>>
Does anyone else think its weird that tarantino movies used to have scenes like "dead nigger storage" and the countless "you guys are actin like a bunch of niggers" parts in reservoir dogs and now he has django unchained and a scene in hateful eight where a confederate literally has to suck a black man's dick?

Also, I dunno what it is about django but goddamn that movie made me cringe the last time I watched it, the first time I liked it but on repeat viewings it's just a little bit TOO cheesy.
>>
>>87634349
you literally have to be a retard to ever leave a loaded weapon unattended.

This is the only logical explanation for anything that he did >>87631086
>>
>>87635598
Django was dumb as shit. I have no idea why they gave him an Oscar for it. That whole German bounty hunter in the deep south made zero sense aside from the fact that he wanted to shove Christoph Waltz in it. And that reveal of Samuel L being a mastermind was M Night Shamalan level of garbage. If he was so smart, why was he so happy being Candy's house nigger? And why did he pretend to be crippled?
>>
>>87629019
Tarantino does that kinda stuff sometimes as an artistic choice. Sometimes it's a call back to older movies and filmmaking.
>>
>>87628903
Listen to the dialogue, God literally came down and made him pull the trigger on Marvin.

This is Vincent fucking Vega we're talking about, he knew how to handle a gun.
>>
>>87629553

this.
>>
File: 1488839681716.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488839681716.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>>87634349
>be at a stakeout
>junkie
>can't do heroin in front of the boss
>literally shits himself after the last hit is gone out of his system
It's not that complicated,niggers.
>>
>>87628903
>hasn't read the ND excuse-making threads on /k/.
>>
>>87629522
This guy gets it.
>>
>>87629042
jules gun is a 9 mm, so it makes sense
>>
>>87629224
>>87630212
its so heavily implied that marvin is in on it somehow. they just murdered his "friends" and then starting to have casual conversation with armed assailants?
>marvin, what do you make of all this
>man i dont even have an opinion
that sound like "oh god crazy killers are talking to me" dialogue?
>>
>>87628903

Vincent Vega is one of the most useless and worthless assholes ever to be depicted in a film. The overall novelty and cultural importance of the film tends to overshadow what a useless fuck Vega really is, when you break it down. Vega fails at everything and just scrapes by for a few days and steadfastly refuses to to the message from God, thus earning his open-eyed gunning-down in the immediate sequel.
>>
>>87628989
i know its weird, but in the 90`s, not everyone had a camera in their pocket in the form of a mobile phone. back in the day, you could do something completely stupid in broad daylight and have no one see or notice it, and even if they did it would be word of mouth.
>>
>>87635598
His films are at the heart of it high production value exploitation flicks.
>>
This scene is hilarious. Tarantino plays it for laughs because Marvin is black and everyone knows black lives don't matter.
>>
>>87629348
he was agreeing with you
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.