[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so why does it need to feed on specifically human children from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (119KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
119KB, 600x320px
so why does it need to feed on specifically human children from earth in that particular tiny town? isn't it a space alien god or whatever? also why did it gets physically overpowered by a couple of 10 year olds?
>>
the power of friendship
>>
because stephen king wanted to write a bunch of fucked up murders/sex/torture so he just tossed in some dumb reason that the monster can change shape and feeds on fear.
Like every shitty Sci-Fi show that needs some dumb reason for characters to get into a fight "Ohh..its an alien that feeds on conflict"
its a lot easier than thinking of some actual reason.
Plus King was coked up out of his mind and wanted to do a bit of Lovecraft i guess.
>>
>>87622925
It's a small town that gets little to no outside media press.
Technically, yes.
Because they didn't fear it anymore
>>
Because King is a cokehead pedophile hack.
>>
>>87622925
>so why does it need to feed on specifically human children
>in that particular tiny town
>gets physically overpowered by a couple of 10 year olds

Doesn't this answer your question?

It's incredibly physically weak so it has to prey on children using it's psychic powers
>>
why didn't it just go on a fish diet
>>
>>87622925
The creature known as "IT" was incredibly weakened in a cataclysmic event the resulted in it being stranded on Earth. The town of Derry was built around that crash site. IT has been in a process of restoring its power/energy, which is why it goes through the sleep/feed cycle.

Does this answer your question?
>>
>>87622925
If we go by the books standards, this is literally the reason:
>feeds off of psychic energy, found in emotions
>could kill adults but chooses not to
>children have greater imaginations, more creative fears, more psychic energy as a result
>nourishes itself from those fears instead
It's an incredibly fragile creature physically, but can create illusions strong enough to break most peoples' minds.

Its psychic powers are so strong that it basically "induced" the urge in people to actually create the town of Derry. The whole town is IT's food farm. IT wakes up every so often to feed on the fear of children, goes back to sleep, rinse and repeat.

The whole goal was to build up enough energy in order to lay its eggs and spread more psychic IT spiders across the world.
>>
>>87622925
Read
The
Book
Sub
Human
Sage.
>>
>>87623552
>across the world

You're thinking too small. IT has a foothold in our reality and there are other worlds than these.
>>
>>87623045
The book was written in 1986, feeding on fear wasn't quite as much of a cliche.
>>
>>87623606
When you type like that and sage, you lose the right to call someone else subhuman.
>>
>>87623606
where can i read the book
>>
>>87622925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPfPEJsswI
>>
>>87622925
It doesn't HAVE to eat children, it just prefers to because they are easier to scare, and fear 'seasons the meat'. In the book he kills adults as well As for why Derry? Don't know. He just seemed to kind of crash there and stay. He's kind of like a God, but not really. I don't know, Stephen King's a fine writer, but I wouldn't call him brilliant.
>>
The movie needed more moments like this.
The scene didnt shock me, but just so unsettling about It enjoying a snack while It spectates the attack on Mike.
>>
>>87623552
>>87623243
>>87624389
All these are correct, IT's actual form is beyond our comprehension, the closest description we get is the "Dead Lights" which drives individuals mad just looking at it. If I remember correctly in the book, Bill describes it as an "infinite hairy creature," Lovecraft 101. Also, the book states that IT must conform to our laws of nature in this dimension.
>>
>>87626112
In the book, It claimed to have killed the librarian but I think It was asleep when she died so it was probably just a way to scare Ben. Some Derry sewer workers went missing when they attempted to remap the sewer system after all of the blueprints vanished
>>
>>87626255
That sounds extremely interesting. I'd a million times prefer an IT origins movie than this corny Stranger Things meme bullshit we got.
>>
>>87626480
I wouldn't want that at all. It would ruin the mystery behind the creature. Like a Stephen King Prometheus.

Now, I'd like to see more of the flashbacks, though. Like the Derry shootout, the hatchet killer, etc...but IT was literally a background cameo in all of these.
>>
>>87626712
I have a feeling we'll get at least some of the back history from the book in the sequel.
>>
>>87623552
it's not just a spider
>>
>They missed all of the Lovecraftian shit because they're focusing on the appearance of the monster
>>
>>87622925
Kings just trying to sound more profound than he could possibly sincerely be with his 'muh inner fears' tripe. That's all there is to it. This is just a crap based around a crap novel that's essentially the literary equivalent of a big mac.
>>
>>87626712
>background cameo in the shootout
It was hanging out a window shooting gangsters. I really fucking want to see that scene.
>>
>>87622925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
>>
>>87626480
The next movie is a it origins story.
>>
>>87622925
Stephen King is a hack and this movie makes even less sense so there you go
>>
>>87626216
1000% this. This small little glimpse gave me actual chills opposed to the musical cue buildup scares. And then the mood just shifts with the epic rock fight but I was still so focused on thinking about the clown just in the grass watching them all. Great scene. Mike had the best scares by and the only one smart enough not to go TOWARD the oddities
>>
File: IMG_0841.gif (2MB, 365x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0841.gif
2MB, 365x268px
>>87628014
I liked that little moment because it made me laugh, matter of fact that's a big part of why this movie was so special compared to other horror trash, the goofy shit pennywise does just makes him an enjoyable monster.
>>
>>87628513
I felt sickly giddy when he was taunting the kid with the broken arm acting like he's going to bite his fingers and crying along with him. He's so malicious it's terrible
>>
>>87628702
That little flourish(or whatever you call it) when he came out of that fridge was what made that scene for me.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.