[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a pleb for not liking sci-fi themes such as if robots, allucinations,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 92a518b23832c51d7f83994f426ef856.jpg (413KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
92a518b23832c51d7f83994f426ef856.jpg
413KB, 800x1200px
Am I a pleb for not liking sci-fi themes such as if robots, allucinations, sentient androids, clones and stuff like that as cheap entertainment? I don't like those themes because most of the times it is pretty obvious that they are not real and shouldn't be treated as human beings.

I was watching Solaris yesterday. I liked the film, but I had a really hard time believing that Kris couldn't distinguish what was real from what wasn't, when it was obvious that it was the planet messing with him. It is making a smart character looking like a retard.

I also dom't like these themes in shows like Westworld, because, by every measure of ethics, the robots should have never had that kind of sentiency and Arnold was a criminal. Implying a scenario like Westworld would ever truly happen is insulting to the viewer, and so is expecting to feel pity of the machines.

Am I in the wrong, /tv/?
>>
>>87617674
It's fine if you don't like something, it's called "having a taste"
>>
File: 1497205288775.jpg (3MB, 1816x5276px) Image search: [Google]
1497205288775.jpg
3MB, 1816x5276px
>>87617674
Yes, you're a pleb because you don't like something on this list.
>>
>>87617674
yes
>>
>>87617674
Solaris was way too long.
>>
>>87618206
>no Army dog and Air Bud
Shit list.
>>
>>87617674
>I don't like those themes because most of the times it is pretty obvious that they are not real and shouldn't be treated as human beings.
If you watch one of the actually good ones, and don't pick up on the fact that they're not about how Well Made Robots are just as real as humans, but rather that humans are as real as Well Made Robots, then you may be a pleb, yes.

That being said, if you get it and you just don't agree with it, then >>87617788 applies.
>>
he was going insane, your perceptions completely shift.
>>
>>87617674
You don't think human clones should be treated as human beings? I think that unusual opinion is probably why you don't care about this stuff.
>>
>>87617674
The entire plot of Westworld is that the robots weren't actually sentient (until the very end). Passing the Turing test isn't sentience.
>>
>>87618423
no film has ever touched the greatness of the book
>>
>>87617674

Have you seen 12 Monkeys?
>>
>>87617674
Of course he knew that the copy of his wife wasn't real. He tried to get rid of her multiple times but she kept coming back, so he just excepted it because he wanted it to be true anyways
>>
>>87618783
Not what I meant. But they aren't the same as the human that originated them
>>
>>87617674
>liked the film, but I had a really hard time believing that Kris couldn't distinguish what was real from what wasn't
but he could. It wasn't a supernatural episode
it was just the sf-metaphyshitical version of reading old mails of your ex
>>
>>87618856
Shame there is no good translation of it.
>>
>>87618783
/thread
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.