[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, are they just omitting Aegon Targaryen from the show, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

File: 7a1877f3a5dfb234_ned-clear.jpg (98KB, 1440x804px) Image search: [Google]
7a1877f3a5dfb234_ned-clear.jpg
98KB, 1440x804px
So, are they just omitting Aegon Targaryen from the show, or were they dumb enough to actually name two brothers with the same name?
>>
>>87603310
Considering he has literally never been mentioned in the show, not in Essos, not in Dorne and not even by any other fucking Targs I'm gonna say yes, he does not exist.
>>
>>87603310
He won't be in the show but Jon Connington will be. He'll hear that JonSnow is Rhaegar's son and the Golden Company will change sides.
>>
>>87603310
Look at the Targaryen family tree, about half of them have the same name.

I think Jon is actually the 6th 'Aegon'.
>>
File: 00136.jpg (15KB, 546x285px) Image search: [Google]
00136.jpg
15KB, 546x285px
>>87603504
How exciting. Let the Jon/Dany alliance control yet another army.

It's like the idiot showrunners forgot they already control like six of the seven kingdoms plus 100k Dothraki and 10k Unsullied.

This fucking show man.
>>
>>87603549
I like that the show somehow acts like suddenly all Dornish, Ironborn and Reach troops have disappeared or are dead and Dany has no army.
>>
>>87603667
Or that somehow Cersei has enough forces left to oppose Dany and Jon. The only house still supporting her is her own house. And that one got fucking shell shocked against Robb Stark and then got lit the fuck up in the field of fire.

But for some reason, the show keeps bullshit more soldiers for Cersei that appear out of thin air. And somehow we're supposed to believe she can hold the throne with half of Lannister forces against pretty much the entire continent.
>>
I don't mind the Reach and the Ironborn so much, since they established that they were wiped out by opposing factions but why wasn't the Dornish army at King's Landing? They should have killed Ellaria and left Doran and Trystane alive. Garbage season
>>
>>87603549
The TV show is beyond predictable now.
>>
>>87603725
The Reach consists of 100k soldiers and a massive fleet. I find it laughable how we're supposed to believe they all vanished because Jaime took over a castle. I guess it's kinda like a videogame now. You take someone's castle and then all their soldiers disappear in a game over screen.
>>
>>87603310
Young Griff will end up being a Blackfyre in the book anyway.
>>
>>87603769
Half of them defected with Sam's father and then they all wiped each other out. I guess.
>>
>>87603769
It's more retarded than a video game and instead acts as though
>Beat enemy army
>Their army is now your army
>>
File: Screenshot_20170911-171526.png (244KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170911-171526.png
244KB, 1080x1920px
>>87603417
???
>>
>>87603863
most of the people that watch this show are retards and can't retain a thing they see
>>
>>87603863
Oh right so he isn't even a character now, just a person that died 20 years before the show, cool.
>>
File: 1490710409393.jpg (97KB, 523x521px) Image search: [Google]
1490710409393.jpg
97KB, 523x521px
>>87603863
Imagine how many confused showfags there are wondering why Oberyn was so mad about Lyanna's kid.

When you dumb something down to the point where it becomes confusing because it's so dumb.
>>
>>87603788
DON'T LIE
>>
>>87603417
wtf yes he was
>Egg, I dream I was old

But what's to expect from the most fish span attention retard fanbase, really.
This fucking board sometimes.
This guy was 100% absolute certain he didn't hear it.
>>
>>87603863
>the absolute state of D&D
>>
>>87603907
>proven wrong
>i'm still right because reasons
kys
>>
>>87603863
B R A V O DABID
>>
>>87603310
>Rhaegar wanted a son and two daughters, Aegon, Rhaenys, and Visenya
>gets Aegon
>gets Rhaenys
>Lyanna births a son
>FUCK
>well babby Aegon died already so I guess this one can be another Aegon
>>
>>87603310
he was obsessed with >muh prophecy so he just named his son aegon again
>>
>>87603310
NO TIME
>>
>>87603310
He was mentioned in the show, so Rhaegar and Lyanna not only were selfish assholes, but also cruel.
>>
>>87603716
ironically if daenarys really wanted to break the wheel she would've just headed straight to the red keep and burned everyone there and not kill small folk foot soldiers in the field of fire. in our current fanfic the truce is just nonsense since the war is already won and the lannisters can't possibly muster anymore troops

>but muh golden company
[insert teleportation argument here] where somehow they'll arrive to save cercei's ass on time.
>>
>>87605259
>break the wheel by doing the exact same thing your ancestor did
>>
Jon is a Dayne in the books. Aegon with Golden Company is real deal.
>>
>>87605361
Literally delusional
>>
>>87605361
No, Dany is a Dayne. Jon is the result of R+L. And YG is the true deal.
>>
>>87603310
Wait? Dani's brother that sold her to drogo isn't jon's father?
>>
>>87605361
>Aegon is a Dayne in the books. Brown Ben Plumm in the Fighting Pits is real deal.
ftfy
>>
>>87603310
Rhaegar disowned his children when he annulled his marriage. Rhaegar was a dick.
>>
>>87605434
>>87605428
>>87605428
>>87605443

Then why did Mance play The Dornishman's Wife when Jon entered his tent in the books and it was cut from the show? I legit think that is a hint to Jon's parentage in the books.
>>
>>87604458
It's like when your pet dies so you just get another one that looks the same and give it the same name.
>>
>>87603863
Nobody remembers that though, least of all Dabid
>>
>>87605435
No, retard
>>
>>87605512
How the fuck would Mance know who the fuck is Jon or his Mom?
>>
>>87605655

It could've been pure coincidence but he really doesn't have to know. You're also forgetting Mance was at the feast at Wintefell when Jon made a drunken retard of himself.
>>
>>87605512
Because he's a bard and he likes the song

Ashara Dayne is a literal who that only exists to give Barristan generic angst because GRRM needed to fill pages when he decided to make Barristan a POV. Absolutely no one would care if she were revealed as Jon's mother, why even make it a twist if it has no significance in the story?
>>
>>87605756
Ashara Dayne is the first person mentioned as possibly Jon's mum
>>
>>87603310
>Aegon is murdered by Clegane
>His new wife pumps out a son
>"Oh boy, a replacement!"
Maybe just let Jon think he's a Snow. At least then he can look up to Ned as a rolemodel without having an identity crisis.
>>
File: ned.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ned.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>87603310
Noh
>>
>>87605300
What is she doing now that's so much better? She killed thousands of soldiers instead of just dealing with Cersei instead. It's like a bad story where the protagonist kills thousands and hesitates to kill the big bad because "that would make me just as bad as her".

Also this season has completely raped Tyrion and Dany. Neither character is a fucking 21th century pacifist. Tyrion is drunk on revenge and Dany wants to reclaim her rightful throne. It makes no sense for them to suddenly become anachronistic pacifists all of the sudden. What would "break the wheel" even mean to someone in Westeros anyways? Sounds like a case of the writers predicting the Renaissance for the characters.
>>
>>87605736
>You're also forgetting Mance was at the feast at Wintefell when Jon made a drunken retard of himself.
Showfag here, what :-DDD
>>
>>87605756
>>87605783

Yes, but she's not his mother.

Ashara is either alive or her baby is.
>>
>>87605783
Yeah she was mentioned offhandedly but you're still reaching, Preston. GRRM even admitted that he gave DnD his blessing because they figured out who Jon's mother was.
>>
>>87605783
>>87605756

Normies only know who the Starks are and consider the Lannisters to be evil. I think the Daynes are going to have an extremely important role in the story later on but it would be nice to see if Jon does resurrect to forge Lightbringer by melting Longclaw and Dawn into one new blade.
>>
>>87603549
There aren't 10k anymore after the Sons of the Harpy and various other battles. It's probably closer to 7 or 8k now. Where did the number 100k come from? Does she have literally all if them or just the ex khalasars for the khals from vaes dothnrak?
>>
Is President Daario of Meeren ever going to reapear again?
Is the show dumb enough to try and make Euron=Daario when that doesn't have any foreshadowing in the show
>>
>>87605955

Euron is more than likely Varys.
>>
>>87605878
But normies love Jaime and Tyrion and are 50:50 on Tywin
Only Cersei and Joeffrey are considered evil, its pretty equal
>>
>>87605993
wut
>>
>>87605910
>100k
They literally say it in the last episode
>>
>>87606034

What happens to Vary's "Little Birds" when they grow up? They become the crewmates on Euron's ship. I can't remember if it was stated also but don't the birds have their tongues cut out or something?
>>
>>87605993
Varys is a littlefinger agent
>>
>>87606072
Oh shit that actually sounds interesting. Honestly though they are probably just killed or sold in Tyrosh as slaves
>>
>>87606072
that's far too interesting and sensible to actually be on this show
>>
>>87606119

Not to mention Varys is great at disguises and his bald eunnuch persona is probably some sort of glamour shit he used to try to use to get information on the goings on in Westeros while he timed it right for Euron to make a return and claim the iron islands for himself.
>>
>>87606195
>Euron's most remember lines are about his big cock he's going to give to Dany/Cersei
>Varys is a eunuch

It's like poetry, they rhyme
>>
>>87606195

There was also that myth about one of the Greyjoys or founding members bedding a Mermaid as a wife and Varys joked about being a merfolk at one point.
>>
>>87606316
Plus Euron mentions "Crabs inside my belly.", the exact description of symptoms that Hoster tully describes himself as having. Either Euron posioned him or he somehow knows exactly what Tully is saying which is a a very Varys sort of thing.

Plus the "Make a heir worthy of him." Isn't the drowned god, Cltuhu, great other or shrouded lord. It's simply Aegon.
>>
>>87606316
the first Storm King is said to have married a mermaid/goddess of the sea or something
>>
>>87606957

That would be it.

>>87606415

I never caught onto that but I'm re-reading the entire series at the moment and finished ASOS part one not long ago so I'm going to pay attention to any Euron/Varys stuff.

But then how does this explain Euron being Benjen and Daario?
>>
>>87603907
Yes. Just like the Mad King, and Jon Arryn, and the Lannisters' mom...
What's the problem?
>>
>>87607228
What evidence is there for Euron=Benjen?
>>
>>87605830
Killing soldiers isn't the same as killing civilians.
Are you a terrorist?
>>
>>87607483

None and I'm just clutching at straws here. Varys being a Euron persona seems more likely but then how else would you explain Benjen just fucking off without an explanation other than him being an incredibly shitty ranger?

What was Varys even doing during AFFC/ADWD? I remember the crossbow epilogue but I barely remember anything else he did.
>>
>>87607600
During AFFC/ADWD he is (If he isn't Euron) still running his spy network from the shadows and preparing for Aegon's imminent arrival

If he is Euron. Then he is getting ready to bring down the wall from atop the hightower by blowing the horn of winter that Sam is brining towards him.
>>
>>87607654

>Bringing down the wall while also fucking up King's Landing and the south at the same time

This is a genius pincer move and seems like it would be something Euron/Varys would do but how does Aegon fall into his plans?
>>
>>87605818

Based noh poster
>>
>>87607753
Aegon is Illyrio's son. Varys, regardless of if he was origianally Euron or Originally Varys, owes Illyrio a lot and knows he can absolutely control Aegon.

Plus he can seize the Stormlands.
>>
>>87607867
i fucking hate theoryfags
>>
>>87608151
Well they were right about R+L=J
>>
>>87608246
that wasnt some far reached shitty theory, it was pretty obvious
>>
>>87608300
>that wasnt some far reached shitty theory
Yeah it kinda was.
>>
>>87608335
No, it wasn't.

>Rhaegar run away with Lyanna
>Jon mom is a mystery
>Ned made a promise to his dying in a bloody bed sister

Hmmm what could this all mean...
>>
>>87608335
if you read all the books, you more or less understand how GRR thinks and writes, so by the second book you couldve already predict it

sure, it was just a "theory" and nothing was sure, but its still a more realistic and obvious one than fucking varys being a mermaid and actually euron or whatever retarded tumblr forums speculate on
>>
>>87603961
... That's not the same Aegon. Aegon (Reagars son) was killed when he was an infant. "Egg" who is Aemons younger brother is another Aegon.
>>
>>87608666
>varys being a mermaid and actually euron
Yeah that sounds retarded.
But Aegon is probably a Blackfyre.
>>
>>87603310
Aegon was one of the kids who got murdered by the mountain. Remember the whole "You raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children" thing. That's who he's talking about.

Also, I'm pretty sure in History and Lore (Official canon bonus material, they go into detail, clearly giving the names of the children)
>>
>>87608705
was he named after the moon?
>>
>>87603310
Why didn't they just give him a different name? I mean, fuck, that's definitely not the name they're giving him in the books. Its ridiculous.
>>
>>87608760
Yeah,he pulled the 'ol switcheroo in the books and it was some peasants baby that got smashed against the wall
>>
>>87610427
supposedly. I remember reading a theory that actually claimed that wasn't Aegon but someone else. A Targaryan pretender that is actually a blackfyre, since Illyrio and Varys are helping Aegon instead of just helping viserys or Dany in the beginning.

Makse sense when you look into it.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.