[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RICK AND MORTY THREAD YEAAAHHH WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: rick and morty.jpg (152KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty.jpg
152KB, 1600x600px
RICK AND MORTY THREAD YEAAAHHH

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

ITS TIME TO GET SCHWIFTY
>>
>>87594949
best episode this season
>>
>>87594949
It's dead
>>
I TURNED MYSELF INTO A pretty good season
>>
>>87594949
SUCK MY FLAPPY FOLDS
>>
describe's /pol/'s "Punished Trump" theory more or less.
>>
File: The Things I Do For Love.jpg (20KB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
The Things I Do For Love.jpg
20KB, 255x191px
The divide of viewers in this show is insane.
You come online and everyone is craving a story driven episode like this one.
Yet I watched it with my two normie roommates and they hated it and couldn't follow the episode, even though they've seen every season.
There's this dissonance between people who want interesting sci-fi themes and folks who just want a quick sick laugh.
I hope this show finds it's balance because I genuine like both of these aspects.
Evil Morty hype.
>>
>>87596244
The only thing you had to remember to enjoy this episode is that President Morty is the evil Eyepatch Morty from S1. It's not like GoT or some other shit where there's 7 seasons of material.
>>
>>87596244
Do they even play pocket mortys?
>>
>>87596244
I really don't understand how someone would be unable to follow this episode, every subplot is a well established trope (executed pretty well though).

And the only overarching storyelements are
>President = Evil Morty
>Citadel got blown up and is without leadership
>>
>>87596376
They probably are trying to remember every characters
>>
>>87596244
i can't believe posts like these are actually being made.
i can only hope it's ironic.
>>
File: 1435388802790.jpg (16KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1435388802790.jpg
16KB, 250x238px
>>87596283
>>87596376
That's what blows my fucking mind.
I was enjoying it the whole time and they kept pausing it to have me explain. Fucking baffling, but there's troves of people out there who literally have no idea that there's a (not so subtle) subplot happening in this show. It kind of frustrates me.

>>87596404
no irony here friend.
>>
>>87594949
>Factory full of Rick workers
>Not just making everything automated so Rick can go have adventures or do literally anything else

Is the underlying joke that Rick's greatest accomplishment the portal gun but that he lacks the creativity to use it, save for C-137? The citidel of Ricks is so not Rick it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>87596819
Or rather, Rick C-137 is so "not Rick" since the majority in the central-finite curve are unimaginative beta wage-slaves.
>>
>>87596819
>>87596882
I think both of these and also it's hilarious due to absurdity. Also it seems there's some sort of regulation on portal gun fluid in their society, this is probably a foundation of the citadel to prevent any one Rick from getting to powerful, hence C-137 being a rebel.
>>
>>87596244
It's easy to understand why.

Leftists like the episode because the episode mirrors leftist lies, as well as mirror the image of a drudging oppressive society where marxists dream of turning it into a utopia and in order to do that, they have to create an image of society that is worse than it is.

Rightists don't like it due to the lack of structure, nobody taking responsibility and in general low quality of what anyone would be looking at the show for: escapist jokes.

Whatever your worldview, this episode had a garbled plot with unclear characters. It's hard to build characters instead of cardboard stereotypes when you've just got 2 basic molds to work with for every character, and they failed pretty hard at that challenge.

It watches more like a drama show, like the bold and the beautiful, recycling old stuff. There weren't really any original ideas and it isn't fun unless you're already somewhat attached to the characters.

Since none of the characters are expected to survive and matter after S03E01 threw away most of continuity, it's hard for anyone to get invested in long storylines.

But maybe worst of all, everything was predictable. Every single thing. That's death of comedy.
>>
>>87596819
They're not smart enough for that.

It's just left communist dreams of being hard unappreciated workers but really geniuses, just like Rick.

I know, it doesn't make sense at any level of analysis.
>>
>>87596146
>/pol/'s "Punished Trump" theory
cringe
>>
>>87596244
>>87596481
this what happens when brainlets try to watch Rick and Morty
>>
>>87596244
It only has world building.

The episode has no real plot or coherent story and it doesn't give any character to focus on to anchor the watcher.

It would have made more sense to scrap the police and education subplots and instead focus on the campaign manager trying to figure out if he really is or isn't evil morty. Kinda like Hamlet.

Instead he receives info and just trusts it and goes to assassinate on the basis of that.

Supposedly evil morty was some big twist. It was ny first thought. Politician morty? It's evil morty right?

Another episode without adventures. Sigh.
>>
>>87597512
I was wondering how long it would take for a /pol/tard to show up and complain about liberal
>>
>>87597472
>The episode had a garbled plot with unclear characters
If by 'garbled' you mean 'too many plot threads', then that's definitely an understandable gripe. However, each story was thematically connected by a critique of social satire.
As for your point on the 'cardboard sterotypes', I feel you've completely missed the mark. The whole point wasn't to create nuanced, complex characters. It was to play off the fact that Rick and Morty are concrete personalities in the viewer's mind, so every other iteration of them in the citadel just becomes a hilarious caricature.

>There weren't really any original ideas
If somebody baked me a chocolate cake that was the absolute tits, I wouldn't care if it wasn't something original. Just because Rick and Morty have done broad social satire before, doesn't mean it wasn't done well here.

>somewhat attached to the characters
Why would you be starting a show at the seventh episode of the third season?

>Everything was predictable... That's the death of comedy.
Sure. It was predictable that Evil Morty was running for president. It was predictable that the disgruntled worker Rick would be backstabbed. It was predictable that things would turn sour for the corrupt, bigoted cop. Who cares? The act of getting to the "predictable" part was what was creative and enjoyable. The portal to the blender dimension, the snarky secret detective Rick. Fucking french toast with boobies. Again, see the chocolate cake analogy. The little, one off jokes that make up the entire episode and keep the viewer engaged with what's happening on screen are the real reason brainlets flock to this show. There's the escapist humour you thought was missing. Forget the broader picture when it comes to the comedy.
By the way, the fact this episode had a positive response at all goes to show this episode wasn't the "death of comedy". Ridiculous, episode spanning gags like Pickle Rick are the real culprit here.
>>
I had the sense this episode was full of uninteresting filler just so at the end they could put the evil morty and make it out like it's a crazy cosnpiracy.

Pretty garbage episode.
>>
>>87596059
kek
>>
>>87597599
>it doesn't give any character to focus on to anchor the watcher.
the state of this fucking board
>>
i liked this episode. i liked pretty much every episode so far. I think it's a great show with some pretty great characters, and even though I don't smoke marijuana, I think it has some silly, outrageous moments that - while a bit edgy - make it a fantastic series.
>>
>>87597611
Are you literally saying that it wasn't leftist as fuck?
>>
>>87596244
The normies of 4chan aka people with emotional sensory disabilities

Probably wouldn't enjoy your Dick getting sucked...

"Is this what normies enjoy, Saliva on my penis"
>>
Best episode of the season and in top 5 of best eps ever

If you did not like this episode you're a retarded pleb.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.